Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 19, 2017 5:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I swear, Nene can make friends with just about anyone. Even someone like Narumi with a tough competitive personality seems to open up more to her.
Thought the episode was fun. I'm actually starting to like this Narumi girl more.

Happy to see Kou getting a lot of screen time this week :)
Stark700Sep 19, 2017 6:49 AM
Sep 19, 2017 6:33 AM

Apr 2010
So the game is in the final stages and it looks pretty good.
Tho it seems there is trouble on the horizon with Yagami san, my guess is that she will just be moved around temporarily i doubt she will leave the company for good.
But we will have to wait and see.
Sep 19, 2017 7:49 AM

Dec 2014
Nenechi's sweetness knows no bounds, good episode.

Kinda felt for Naru when I heard her story, glad she redeemed herself this episode.
Loved the moments with Ko interacting with Momiji and Aoba during the playtesting. Looks like the game is coming along quite well.

Also Ko with a ponytail is <3

So Ko really is leaving, this is gonna be heartbreaking and Rin is gonna be totally destroyed. :(
Sep 19, 2017 7:51 AM

Jan 2014
I just noticed there's only one more episode. I was so ready to give this show a 5 because of Narumi being unbearable as a character, but then they dedicated a good chunk of this ep to her. Nice save... nice save...

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 19, 2017 7:54 AM

Nov 2008
Aversa said:
Tho it seems there is trouble on the horizon with Yagami san, my guess is that she will just be moved around temporarily i doubt she will leave the company for good.

i agree with the not for good/ever etc. but likely at least for the next project. Thoughi dont know about where shell be moved Christina's BEST connection is in a game company in France with her sister so ;p - still not even discussing it with Rin is a bit of a surprise best friend for .. (decades?) childhood and there in their 20s *shrug* Ko-chan isnt good with social ques or recognizing things like Rin is more or less in love with her im sure Rin will 'accept' it and be 'supportive' but if the author is now going to be more 'real' and less 'cgdcs' with it there is no way to make Rin not sure some direct emotion or misery
sirwenceSep 19, 2017 7:58 AM
Sep 19, 2017 7:55 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That last scene was so strong, Rin is seriously in despair over this. Fuck.

Also i'm very glad that we got to see why Narumi acted like this, i'll take it as it is a good reason. Her being backed up by Nenecchi really got her emotional and she knew that she was mistaken. Super well done.

I'd say the best episode of the 2nd season so far.
Sep 19, 2017 8:02 AM

Sep 2008
Lots of stuff happening as we near the finish line. We learn about Naru's backstory and the drama between her and Nene gets resolved, and they are now buddies. Aoba and Momo take a step forward too.

Hifumi has all but disappeared the last few weeks T_T And I thought by the end of the season she would be interacting normally with the others.

As expected after last week, Kou drops her bombshell. I guess it's up to Rin and Aoba to make sure the show doesn't have an unhappy ending.

The game is basically finished so Kou's drama will be the finale.

What? Only one ep left? Why can't my favorite shows be like One Piece and have 999 episodes? 5/5
Sep 19, 2017 8:15 AM

Sep 2013
5/5

Fantastic episode that featured Nene heavily. I'm also glad we got the Narumi backstory because she was fairly hard for me to like when she's in the office. Luckily our favorite little blondie and her enthusiasm saved the day. Glad they became friends in the end and everything worked out.

Speaking of enthusiasm, Umiko comparing Nene as a dog was hilarious. That will probably be my favorite gif from the series. That game also looks pretty fun. I'd be down to play it.

Kou is wanting to leave!? That final scene with Rin was uber sad. It makes sense for her wanting to leave, her team is getting more experienced and she isn't needed as much as before. Hopefully the rest of the team finds out and tell her how much they need her around.

Final episode next week, super stoked to see whats next.

Sep 19, 2017 8:17 AM
Jul 2018
dat smug at the start

September 26 is gonna be a sad day for me.
removed-userSep 19, 2017 8:27 AM
Sep 19, 2017 8:24 AM

Apr 2013

^ Fully capable of stealing your girl.

Now to await another well-deserved Kou x Aoba ending. Maybe.

Sep 19, 2017 8:33 AM

Jun 2015
Got to know about Narumi's backstory. I can see why she was acting the way she was at Nene. She thought she failed at her job, but Nene helped her out so she can be successful. Both of them are hired. I'm happy for them. It's sad to know Kou is leaving. Rin is in despair about it.
Sep 19, 2017 9:01 AM

Jul 2011
Kou... I feel sorry for Rin, for Kou not talking yet to Rin about leaving.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Sep 19, 2017 9:10 AM
Nov 2016
_SwiftShadow_ said:
dat smug at the start

September 26 is gonna be a sad day for me.

same same im already crying
Sep 19, 2017 9:11 AM
Nov 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Nenechi's sweetness knows no bounds, good episode.

Also Ko with a ponytail is <3

ikr!! that makes her even more cute than she already is
Sep 19, 2017 9:12 AM
Nov 2016
Smudy said:
That last scene was so strong, Rin is seriously in despair over this. Fuck.

that moment had me almost in tears i felt so sorry for rin. you could basically see her struggling with it :(
Sep 19, 2017 9:17 AM

Nov 2008
i tend to think if Ko is 'gone' for a long term thing the author might actually be thinking of ending the series in the next 2-3 volumes.. could be wrong *shrug* (seeing as shes such a both popular to the audience and heavily influential character in the series)
Sep 19, 2017 9:17 AM

Jan 2012
Ha! Fuck you Naru, treating Nene so badly and then still getting helped by her when you fuck up. I love it! XD
animefan8800Sep 19, 2017 9:25 AM
Sep 19, 2017 9:28 AM
Dec 2015
I think she did not it anybody because she did not want to worry them, it is master up time. The most crucial time. Plus she deserves it. I hope Kou goes there and Run follows her. Will km Ake a great finale to the series. If the at it studio or the author just trolling with us, them I'll be very sad.
Sep 19, 2017 9:39 AM

Feb 2016
Well then, looks like we will get some Drama next week. I was a bit worried since there is 1 chapter left and a lot of things were just hanging there, tho, this episode happened and some stuff got fixed here and there... so I believe we will have a similar last episode like the first season (the game release) meanwhile we see how Kou will deal with her little secret.

I'm still not buying that the new characters were introduced halfway the season after having 1 or 2 important episodes and the rest of "filler", but anyway, things have been worth lately
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 19, 2017 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
Great episode! Even this time, the characters have a characterization that does not betray mistakes, the narrative this time also has been exemplary in its comic and sweetness. In addition there is also the twist that I saw in the episode, earlier, I could not ask for more. Nene is cute! <3
Sep 19, 2017 11:36 AM
Jul 2017
The feels in this episode got me emosh!!!!!!!!!
Sep 19, 2017 11:51 AM

Sep 2013
Nenecchi learns of naru's motive and helps her out when she screwed up big :'(
Kou about to go somewhere and will leave it to to her team.
Sep 19, 2017 11:54 AM

Oct 2014
Assassin's Creed - bear ver.
Sep 19, 2017 12:23 PM

Apr 2014
Ahh, that beautiful animation in the last scene..
Sep 19, 2017 12:27 PM

Nov 2016
Nenecchi was specially cute this episode.

Glad that everyone gave his best and they were able to finish the game.

Sadly only one episode left and there's some drama incoming, so get your tissues ready.

Rin.. :/

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 19, 2017 12:38 PM

Jun 2010
I loved all the Nene this episode. Also still not feeling sympathetic to Naru, even after hearing her story. Having a rough go of it is not an excuse to treat someone like shit. Especially if that someone is Nene, who is an angel to everyone.

Also man, that last scene was something else. Rin is a bad place.
Sep 19, 2017 12:52 PM

Nov 2014
Kou leaving was pretty obvious after last episode. I hoped to see her confrontation with Rin. Next week I guess :/
I'm happy the tension between old cast and new girls got resolved. It really didn't like it.
Also, some nice details in this episode, like this cute ramen girl or Hifumi's reaction when Kou commented Aoba's cannibals. And programmer team background characters got eyes!
And I guess it's always cool to see Umiko's good side.

It's a bit sad to think next episode will be the last, and we won't get 3rd season anytime soon, if ever.
JustAnotherShiroSep 19, 2017 12:57 PM
Sep 19, 2017 1:26 PM

Jun 2012
Loved that cameo of clumsy nurse, so she now works in ramen shop :)
Sep 19, 2017 1:37 PM

Feb 2014
I'm glad that Naru got a good amount of focus in this episode. Her cocky face to wind up Sakura was funny, but I understand as to why she's working super hard on her goals, since she wants to become a programmer at Eagle Jump instead of inheriting her family inn.

Because of that, Sakura's view of Naru changed and after Naru screwed up on her assignments due to rushing it to completion, Sakura helped her out and they both succeeded in staying at Eagle Jump. Also, Umiko mentioning to Kou about Naru and Sakura being like a cat and a dog made me burst out laughing. XD

However, and I swear this happens in many other shows when it rains, the drama is always out the corner, ready to jump at an opportunity when it arises. This time, it involves Kou, who is planning to leave Eagle Jump to what I would assume to be a larger and more famous game company. However, Rin overhears this and is unable to bring the topic up to Kou just yet.

With this, next week's last episode will be pretty intense and drama-heavy. Can we have a happy ending as well please? =3
Sep 19, 2017 2:27 PM

Aug 2013
Doubt Yagami is leaving the company for good (it would make no sense for her to ask Christina for help). She probably is either going to some fancy professional art school overseas for a degree/certificate or helping another company for 1 specific project.

The last scene with Rin was well animated.

I can imagine all the drama about to go down in that cafeteria.
UImoetardSep 19, 2017 2:31 PM
Sep 19, 2017 2:32 PM
Jul 2016
Good episode , we finaly saw the programmer team with full face and body xd
Ko is leaving and rin in despair
Gonna be a dramatic ending like 1st season
I hope it will be happy ending :/
Sep 19, 2017 2:35 PM

May 2015
Next time is the finale and Kou might be leaving the company?

Double sadness ;__;....

Sep 19, 2017 2:56 PM

Aug 2013
and now the drama awakens for the finale
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 19, 2017 3:37 PM
Jun 2013
sirwence said:
Aversa said:

i agree with the not for good/ever etc. but likely at least for the next project. Thoughi dont know about where shell be moved Christina's BEST connection is in a game company in France with her sister so ;p - still not even discussing it with Rin is a bit of a surprise best friend for .. (decades?) childhood and there in their 20s *shrug* Ko-chan isnt good with social ques or recognizing things like Rin is more or less in love with her im sure Rin will 'accept' it and be 'supportive' but if the author is now going to be more 'real' and less 'cgdcs' with it there is no way to make Rin not sure some direct emotion or misery

If Ko is going to france and finding a new girlfriend or (dare i say it?) even boyfriend there this shows score is going down through the floor.
Not just because of me, i am certain.
Sep 19, 2017 3:42 PM

Dec 2016
Hooray for Nene & Narumi, it's all worked out between them.

Kou is leaving, that will be very sad for Rin and the other, though having seen her skill throughout these season you can understand if a giant company out there would want to hire her.

Hiding in haystacks, reminds me of Assassin's Creed.

The next episode is definitely going to be hard for Rin.
Sep 19, 2017 3:44 PM

Nov 2008
megakruemel said:
sirwence said:

If Ko is going to france and finding a new girlfriend or (dare i say it?) even boyfriend there this shows score is going down through the floor.
Not just because of me, i am certain.

If you watch how she mimics nenes words; it isnt about finding new people ; she was in fact worried likely about being lonely or feeling alone. and the 'were together as long as were working towards our goal" - so while she may go across the street or to france (I say france because of Christinas Sister that would be her strongest connection in the industry) I dont think shed abandon her best friend- though i think she should have spoken to her about it; though her reasoning's for not doing it being interrupting work on a project and stuff are likely going to be there as well as other personal reasons etc.
Sep 19, 2017 4:48 PM

Dec 2008
THAT LAST SCENE!
Why do you tease me so?!
I was waiting for Kou x Rin drama ;_____; My poor OTP is going to go through an episode of angst.

Also, Umiko best girl <3
Sep 19, 2017 6:51 PM

Apr 2017
Rin and Kou are too precious. No way that she's leaving
Sep 19, 2017 6:57 PM

Jan 2011
near perfect episode sadden by the discovery of our Girl leaving ,poor Rin :( i can only assume Yagami Feels eagle jump is in a good spot and wants to move on...not ready for this finale.

too much to talk about but neneechi is still a ray of hope that we don't deserve ,Naru is less of a bitch but still has a lot of redeeming to do

and Devil Aoba strikes again wonder what other sinner designs shes added in lol
Sep 19, 2017 7:05 PM

Dec 2013
Cannot help but love Nene's attitude when it comes to dealing with awkward people and situations. To be fair, I don't think she was in the wrong for anything there, Naru being worried about her own image in front of Ahagon was a bit excessive, especially when she tried cutting corners and didn't check her work. Although the team would have bailed her out eventually for being a noob, the fact that Nene voiced out their thoughts (albeit a bit to expressively), meant that she finally got it stabbed into her head that this whole thing is a team effort and that she wasn't alone in the process, even if it was her screw up. I believe that entire scene was all the better for it.

Seeing Momoji loosen up in front of the other girls at the game testing and during her time at the cafeteria was great for her own character building.

And of course, that talk between Ahagon and Yagami at the ramen shop was glorious. Nene as the dumb dog and Naru as a cat, I almost lost my coffee there, hahaha!

Despite all this drama about Yagami leaving Eagle Jump in the background, I can't help but think that it will be on a temporary basis, otherwise she would have consulted with Rin before anything, no? She cannot live without her to pick her up and mother her in the office anyway.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 19, 2017 7:17 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
All aboard the Nenechi train :3

Glad Naru and Nenechi made up. I couldn't stand Naru being rude to Nenechi. Overall a very good episode.
And Yagami possibly leaving, feel bad for Rin now.

Sep 19, 2017 7:29 PM
Mar 2008
Rin x Kou-chan hope seems to disappear.

I hope that Rin will express her love, and that they could end up moving together as a result of them not working together. I also feel it would be a shame to have New Game without Yagami for possible future season to come. But I do not know how manga handled this. Guess I gotta try snoop for some info without getting spoiled.
Sep 19, 2017 9:50 PM

Jan 2013
i gave them a chance but i'm still not sure im feelin the two newbies. just feels like they disrupt the chemistry and charm it has (while turning Hifumi into a cameo). sure Nene disrupted the chemistry (and annoying at that) but at least the charm was there. her character is much more tolerable this time around :)

welp, hopefully the last ep goes full on with the Rin x Ko
Sep 19, 2017 10:11 PM

Apr 2011
Nennechi and Naru finally made up. I'm relieved to see that. Ko planning to leave Eagle Jump and Rin doesn't like it. Drama episode incoming.

Naru turn cocky and try to impress Umiko and it turn into a fail while Nennechi doing her job better. Fixing, shortening her code. Also testing and debugging as well. Thanks to Umiko's mentorship. Nene is slowly growing up while still adorable. I'm liking her a little more.
MagitoSep 19, 2017 10:16 PM
Sep 19, 2017 11:15 PM

Jun 2013
No Ko-chan don't leave! Rin's gonna be a mess without you! D:
Sep 19, 2017 11:26 PM

Aug 2008
Nenechi's face at the beginning... too cute :)

Kou-chan is leaving... now who didn't see that one coming?

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Sep 20, 2017 2:49 AM

Jan 2017
No!! Rin-chan.. i'm here for you!!! *sniff sniff*.. Series 2 is definitely more on the emotional side than Series 1.
Sep 20, 2017 3:47 AM

Aug 2016
Deym the feels keep fluctuating between the eps. KouxRin ship gg. Not enough Hifumi >.<

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Sep 20, 2017 4:42 AM
Nov 2016
Yagami isn't gonna leave for good, it's honestly just really bait'y in the way it was setup.

Sep 20, 2017 4:54 AM
Jul 2018
Respect for Nenecchi... Her sweetness knows no bounds.

But less screentime for Hifumin. Fml

if Kou leaves, we riot.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2017

159 by kitoha »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2017

84 by Kristiwazhere »»
Apr 25, 1:37 PM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2017

100 by kitoha »»
Apr 21, 8:29 PM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2017

87 by winddevil1 »»
Apr 20, 4:20 PM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2017

72 by winddevil1 »»
Apr 20, 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.