Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2017 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like we got some guys talk this episode as they reconnect with some of the more recent events. Mishima doesn't seem to care much about the swimming club anymore.

Episode felt strangely paced imo. Also, Miharu seems to be in a good mod. Mishima is lucky to have a friend like her tbh.
Sep 14, 2017 10:30 AM

Nov 2007
After new year.

Swim match soon, but he cannot concentrate on swimming because of the girl in interest.

Main girl in check and SuzuKen's character saw her when bringing his mother's stuff. Friends don't know why she's in break for so long.

Main girl likes to go to that combini. She only thought of him as her imagination to boyfriend at combini came to life. She fell unconscious when he was going to confess...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 14, 2017 12:03 PM

Apr 2010
That ending was really frustrating.
they where finally getting somewhere but they kept on dragging that confession and when it was finally about to happen she collapses.
Well i hope everything is ok.
Sep 14, 2017 1:00 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The death flags are everywhere, fucking hell.

The daydream scene was really good, the almost confession scene was a bit long as i was impatient for this wimp to finally say it! xD
Sep 14, 2017 1:32 PM
Mar 2015
She could die while waiting for him to confess
Sep 14, 2017 1:35 PM

Jun 2015
Miharu has been gone for a week and Haruki couldn't focus on swimming because he's worried about her. That ending though. She collapsed before he could say anything. I hope she's okay.
Sep 14, 2017 1:42 PM

Apr 2016

Now seriously.

I feel like the creators are too over dramatic for no reason, also when i first saw this show i was excited to see more from supporting characters and their "romances", but now only two episodes left...hardly we see more of them. I still like the one of the main couples, the Honda x "incho" tho, for obvious reasons.
Sep 14, 2017 1:55 PM

Aug 2013
Mashiki collapsed. O.O

It felt strange seeing Honda giving advises. Seeing Mashiki's daydreams scene and her perspective was nice.

Sep 14, 2017 2:01 PM
Mar 2016
Oh Haruki you should have JUST SAY IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 14, 2017 2:40 PM
Apr 2016
Smudy said:

The daydream scene was really good, the almost confession scene was a bit long as i was impatient for this wimp to finally say it! xD

well I think she suffering from some memory illness as the next preview indicates something about her memory fragments and in episode 6 she didn't even remembered her that she had given picture book to haruki
Sep 14, 2017 3:35 PM

Jul 2017
landofthekwt said:

Right?! Regardless of her illness!

AsT5 said:
well I think she suffering from some memory illness as the next preview indicates something about her memory fragments and in episode 6 she didn't even remembered her that she had given picture book to haruki

Hey, good point! I didn't notice that but now you've said it, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be the case.
.。。・:*:・゚☆~★*{The Active Otaku Mika}*★~☆・゚:*:・。。.
Sep 14, 2017 6:18 PM

Oct 2012
I'm looking forward to the next episode: The Funeral Confession. This episode was all kinds of wonky, especially the first half. And the whole show is so after-school-special safe. Hoping it gets better...
Sep 14, 2017 7:51 PM

May 2015
landofthekwt said:

BEST COMMENT EVER.

Boring episode, as always...
Sep 14, 2017 8:21 PM

Dec 2014
this and there...some events and mashiki collapsed...I hpe the guy has more guts next episode
Sep 14, 2017 10:04 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Smudy said:

All of this

But please don't kill her off writers TwT
Sep 14, 2017 10:39 PM

Nov 2014
She spelled it out for him and he still couldn't confess, that was so frustrating and not in a good way, I don't know why they bothered. It takes a special kind of incompetence to fumble the ball with an open goal.
Forum Signature
Sep 15, 2017 12:06 AM

Nov 2016
i really hope its just some memory loss disorder but my gut is really telling me otherwise and i dont want to listen to it
Sep 15, 2017 4:47 AM

Sep 2009
this show has derailed from it original purpose of showing us 6 couples.
Sep 15, 2017 5:18 AM

Nov 2014
komic said:

I get the impression that it was supposed to be 2-cour but it got scaled back because of lack of sales and audience. On the page it has all the supporting characters listed under "main", in the ED you have all the "couples" shown and the anime began a cooking class romance/arc that suddenly went no-where. All the side characters who were slowly being given more and more screentime have been missing for a while now.
Forum Signature
Sep 15, 2017 7:25 AM

Dec 2013
Somehow I feel like we've been lied to. Of the 5 pairings we see at the end of the OP, this entire show is mainly focused on just 2 of them. We've been sold a lie!

That said. Haruki really needed a lot of pushes to sort out his feelings and even more to get his feelings across. In the end he couldn't do even that before mashiki collapsed.... disappointing.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 15, 2017 11:54 AM
Nov 2016
Yeeeeap, I knew it. They've pulled the sick girl trope on us. That doesn't make this anime good by any means but it might just provide us with a decent ending.

The fact that they've practically abandoned every other couple is really concerning me.
Sep 15, 2017 12:54 PM
Sep 2017
i guess miharu has something with her heart disease, like if toki doki it will trigger the disease and crooot,,

anyway, the cute shorthair loli asukai aki has no highlight episode .___.
Sep 15, 2017 4:38 PM

Nov 2013
oh come on, i'm enjoying this anime a lot more than i thought i would (even raised from 5 to 8), so please don't kill her or anything like that...
i hope she is just having some temporary health problems... cause otherwise i'm gonna have to rate this a lot lower than i want to <.<
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Sep 16, 2017 5:32 AM

Mar 2013
So Mihashi was the first one made the move? lol

But isn't t just like she spotted a stranger and fell in love with him? At least that's what her day dream seemed to imply. Unless she was just talking about her ideal boyfriend while we see Haruki fill the role in his shoes.

Got bad vibes from the ending, haha
Sep 16, 2017 7:31 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So its the new year already then. Its nice that they all managed to get the chance to visit the shrine on new years day though. Its nice that both Haruki and Towa have something that they managed to get from there as well. Its nice that at this point Towa and Mami's relationship are finally stable. Though still worried of being seen its nice that Mami is now more comfortable in dealing with Towa though. Having your crush wish you luck certainly will be a morale booster though. Its nice that Miharu is starting to realize the distance that remains between herself and Haruki though. Its nice that both Haruki and Miharu are starting to have desires for each other though. Miharu's absence due to her illness is certainly worrying and her friends are right to worry about her. Though it looks like its more than her illness thats worrying her. So The reason why Haruki is feeling strange is because both he and Miharu are trying to move forward with their relationships. Kinda like what Towa and Mami were experiencing back then. Haruki is a bit indecisive though which i think is causing Miharu to be that worried as well.

To think that Haruki's indecisiveness is causing both to have misunderstandings and causing Haruki to overcompensate though. I wonder what illness is ailing Miharu though. Its nice that the person that Miharu wanted to see the most was Haruki though. She is right that while a konbini may be a ordinary store the number of stories that it holds must be a lot since plenty of people use it. Im glad to see that Miharu is back on her feet though. Its funny seeing Miharu shorten the distance between her and Haruki at the store though. Miharu's confession of what she felt towards Haruki on the bridge was pretty cute though. Damm that was a surprising ending to the episode. I hope that Miharu is ok though.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2017 11:20 AM
Apr 2015
This show has the most bland, idiotic MC ever written. Seriously, just grow some balls and a personality. You also can't tell when she says to "wait" that something is wrong and just stand there and watch as she topples over. Seems like every single MC lately is either a wuss or otaku, you can only find decent main characters in echinacea series like seven sins or Bosura.
Sep 16, 2017 11:24 AM
Apr 2015
thesarcasticguy said:
Yeeeeap, I knew it. They've pulled the sick girl trope on us. That doesn't make this anime good by any means but it might just provide us with a decent ending.

The fact that they've practically abandoned every other couple is really concerning me.

Maybe she's not even sick, maybe the main character just boors people to death and she is more substainial to it than others.
Sep 16, 2017 11:48 AM
Nov 2016
Ecchi-wow-wa said:
thesarcasticguy said:

Maybe she's not even sick, maybe the main character just boors people to death and she is more substainial to it than others.

Lol, he nearly bored me to death too.... 😂
Sep 17, 2017 5:39 AM

Jul 2009
When finally some progress is happening, she faints...we knew she was sick, but guess it's time to everyone know that too...
Sep 17, 2017 5:21 PM
Jul 2017
I know the MC is moving slow, but... "I've been there."

Still mad at Honda for cold dissing class rep, but glad to see they're getting along.

Chimerared said:
komic said:

I get the impression that it was supposed to be 2-cour but it got scaled back because of lack of sales and audience. On the page it has all the supporting characters listed under "main", in the ED you have all the "couples" shown and the anime began a cooking class romance/arc that suddenly went no-where. All the side characters who were slowly being given more and more screentime have been missing for a while now.

Solid theory, makes a lot of sense.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Sep 17, 2017 7:14 PM

Nov 2011
The last five minutes I was just standing up saying "Dont fuck on me, DONT FUCK ON ME

And what happens? 3 TIMES THEY FUCK ON ME!

"Oh look at that sunset"
"Hold on"
*Mashiki Drops*

KIDDING ME?!?!?!

Oh my god this anime has been really good.

I understand it's not a masterpiece but its very enjoyable.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 18, 2017 3:52 AM

Oct 2008
At last the main pair is moving forward!
but at the same time (on the end) should I say that it was a tragic faint?
So Mashiki also liked Mishima the first time they saw at the konbini! how sweet...
5/5.

Sep 18, 2017 6:45 AM

May 2015
Is this a story about how he never gets a chance to say 'I love you' (because the girl dies) and how he will regret this for the rest of his life, holding onto the scarf and mermaid book, crying and cursing himself 'why I was so slow? I should have told her sooner'?
Sep 19, 2017 6:03 AM

May 2017
okay this is quite a funny episode ironically lol for a moment I was like, it's about the fucking damn time Mishima confesses then she starts falling and I'm like, catch her dumbass. Why didn't he catch her lol they're in a bridge too, very dangerous
Sep 28, 2017 11:29 AM

Jun 2013
Damn this was a heavy episode!
Oct 8, 2017 6:18 AM

Jan 2011
MC vs mob character.

Oct 12, 2017 10:05 PM

Jul 2011
I did not expect that shit. But I guess I should have seen it coming. Confession Drag.
Nov 21, 2017 7:05 AM

Sep 2012
AsT5 said:
Smudy said:

yes she remembered at ep1 one seems it was coincidence their relationship start when she ran & knocked that stuff over, but new its clear she made her first move cause she liked him & wanted to get close to him cause she remembers i was reading she just has heart issues
Aug 4, 2020 3:09 AM

Aug 2018
playboy made the girl faint lol finally he took a move she basically told you she wants you as a boyfriend idiot
Oct 11, 2020 10:48 PM

May 2017
So the cutest girl is actualy a konbini hentai girl , i wasnt expecting that at all !

But its almost the end of the anime , on the preview she doesnt seems to be there , it look like she collapsed or worse died , so i guess there will be no fanservice at all 😭
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Mar 28, 2022 4:22 AM

Jul 2021
Death flags is everywhere in this show lol
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2017

35 by Fubinn »»
Apr 9, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2017

70 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 11, 2023 3:28 AM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2017

33 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 10, 2023 11:26 PM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2017

49 by dakota_draws85 »»
May 23, 2023 8:42 AM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2017

44 by dakota_draws85 »»
May 20, 2023 8:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.