Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2017 4:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Uh oh, this could get real ugly. What the hell is that form...?

I got a bad feeling about this. Hopefully Deku and the others have enough power to take them all.
Sep 13, 2017 5:04 AM

Dec 2012
Argh that Chisaki fusion is scary.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 13, 2017 5:16 AM

Dec 2013
Twice is still as hilarious as ever. I'm curious what they have planned.

That transformation at the end is terrifying!
Sep 13, 2017 5:27 AM

Jun 2014
Holy shit Chisaki's transformation looks badass but frightening at the same time. These next few chapters should be awesome.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 13, 2017 6:01 AM

Oct 2015
Art was crazy this chapter. Still reeling from Lemillion's loss but I'm excited to see where this goes. Looks like Overhaul may go down this chapter.

Also, I thought we were getting a Rock Lock flashback before I read the text, turns out that his child. Lmao.
Sep 13, 2017 6:59 AM
Feb 2017
This manga has characters go by to many names I swear. Most characters go by what 3 names never before have I seen this :|. Examples Midoriya, Deku and Izuku, Mirio, Togata, Lemillion. I swear stick to one name please...
Sep 13, 2017 7:37 AM

Dec 2014
Goddamn, OP and BnHA are one fire recently and since I'm read one after the other, I can't take all this greatness.

That panel with a tired, bruised Mirio standing with all he's got saying Eri's right behind him made me tear up. That was so heroic, Mirio. T.T

Interested in what Toga and Twice have planned.

That Chiaki transformation at the end looked real menacing and the art for it was amazing. Horikoshi's been on fire with the art lately.

The Bones adaptation of this is gonna be glorious.
Sep 13, 2017 7:44 AM

Dec 2013
Shi-Woon said:
This manga has characters go by to many names I swear. Most characters go by what 3 names never before have I seen this :|. Examples Midoriya, Deku and Izuku, Mirio, Togata, Lemillion. I swear stick to one name please...
It's their first/last/hero names. It's not hard to follow...
Sep 13, 2017 7:47 AM
Mar 2016
Never expected that Overhaul might be able to fuse himself with someone else, too. Does this quirk even have any weakness other than Mirio's permeation quirk that he doesn't have anymore? Or it might have some kind of drawback similar to permeation that we simply don't know yet.
Great writing by Horikoshi. By not explaining us Overhauls quirk right away, he can surprise us even more by making Overhaul do things with it that we won't expect.
Sep 13, 2017 7:50 AM

Dec 2013
TheEnhancedExe said:
Never expected that Overhaul might be able to fuse himself with someone else, too. Does this quirk even have any weakness other than Mirio's permeation quirk that he doesn't have anymore? Or it might have some kind of drawback similar to permeation that we simply don't know yet.
Great writing by Horikoshi. By not explaining us Overhauls quirk right away, he can surprise us even more by making Overhaul do things with it that we won't expect.

Seems like it's a quirk that could easily go wrong and kill someone and he needs to touch someone or something with his bare hands to activate it.
Sep 13, 2017 8:01 AM
Feb 2017
G_Spark233 said:
Shi-Woon said:

Still one name is better. Luffy, Gon, Naruto, Ichigo etc. Why must he use so many?
Sep 13, 2017 8:29 AM
Sep 2012
So are we at the climax of this arc, it seems we are, Deku and Overhaul. What is there left?

I have to give Twice some preps, in that situation he asks Toga if she wants to make out, so his attitude is if I am going to die, I am going to die happy, so I can respect that.
Sep 13, 2017 9:29 AM

Apr 2015
Go go Deku!

That transformation at the end is sick! ~

Sep 13, 2017 9:30 AM

Aug 2010
That fusion tho!! Damn looked menacing. Chisaki living up to hype.

Dat Deku punch was awesome. And twice asking toga to make out was lol. Interested in their plan.

Best scene was definitely nighteye hugging Mirio and Eri tho ;_;
Sep 13, 2017 9:35 AM
Mar 2016
G_Spark233 said:
TheEnhancedExe said:

Seems like it's a quirk that could easily go wrong and kill someone and he needs to touch someone or something with his bare hands to activate it.
Even if he accidentally kills someone, he could instantly repair the person if he wanted to. Yeah, it is a weakness that you have to touch someone to activate it, however this weakness isn't anywhere close to the weakness Permeation has. You don't have any senses while using it and can't breathe at the same time.

I would overall rate Overhaul as a stronger quirk than Permeation in general although Permeation is as of now probably one of the biggest counters to Overhaul. However in general, compared to other quirks, Overhaul is probably stronger. I mean theoretically, Overhaul could've assassinated All Might in his prime by just touching him without All Might noticing. I mean, yeah it would've been hard for Overhaul to actually touch All Might in his prime. But in theory, he could've killed both All Might and All for One in one hit. Although we don't know if he has to touch their skin or if by touching someones clothes, he can destroy that person along with the clothes. Can't reread right now to check it out.
Sep 13, 2017 10:14 AM

Sep 2014
Chisaki showed that he can fuse with other living beings with his quirk. As the others said, it looks badass yet terrifying at the same time. Curious to see what Togata has in mind as well.
Sep 13, 2017 10:30 AM

Sep 2013
The league of villains waiting for their chance as the others fight.
Overhaul can fuse with others.
Sep 13, 2017 11:23 AM
Jul 2012
Shi-Woon said:
G_Spark233 said:

Still one name is better. Luffy, Gon, Naruto, Ichigo etc. Why must he use so many?
It's a japan thing usually in most series that takes place in Japan they use both the given and family names since it's a cultural thing. Adding onto that it's a Hero series so that's a 3rd name. So it's mostly because of the setting being in Japan.
Sep 13, 2017 12:05 PM
Jul 2017
Izuku, when will he be stronger
His growth is too slow
Mirio would have made an excellent one for all candidate
Sep 13, 2017 12:10 PM
Jul 2017
TheEnhancedExe said:

Will this fusion be stable he killed someone to obtain that form right
Can he now retain even the other guy's quirk. Isn't it kind of similar to all for one in that case
Sep 13, 2017 12:40 PM

Nov 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Goddamn, OP and BnHA are one fire recently and since I'm read one after the other, I can't take all this greatness.

Indeed xD

Chisakis new form looks really nasty,hard to believe that the battle will get even more fierce.

Also interested in what Toga and Twice are going to do, whatever it may be, I'm sure the aftermath of it could turn out to have a significant influence on the story.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 13, 2017 12:59 PM

Sep 2014
This isn't even his final form!!!
Sep 13, 2017 1:08 PM

Feb 2013
Lol, he fused with Nemoto.
Sep 13, 2017 4:39 PM
Jun 2016
Maybe the plan of toga and twice is to take Eri for the league of villains, she could be of good use for them (without her consent of course)
Sep 13, 2017 5:33 PM

Jan 2009
wow Overhaul can even use his disassembly/assembling to a genetic/molecular level of fusing with another human lol his quirk is badass

i fully understand Overhauls quirk now its like a molecular assembler in fiction https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molecular_assembler#In_fiction
Sep 13, 2017 6:01 PM

Jun 2012
Oh! But sure enough, this genes' modifier of his have some defect if he didn't used it from the get-go right? Or maybe none at all because he just don't want to deconstruct his friends?
Sep 13, 2017 8:06 PM

Mar 2015
this is getting ugly...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 13, 2017 8:53 PM

Jan 2015
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
Oh! But sure enough, this genes' modifier of his have some defect if he didn't used it from the get-go right? Or maybe none at all because he just don't want to deconstruct his friends?

I'd agree with that. I don't know how likely this will come up, but I think the reason he didn't use his quirk like this from the get go is because of the very real chance of tissue rejection. He's a smart man though, so if tissue rejection really is a potential issue, he probably surrounded himself with people that had a close match to himself.

I may be totally off the mark. But it seems like a reasonable restriction to his quirk. I can't really think of anything else at the moment.
Sep 13, 2017 9:07 PM

Jan 2009
Nea_ said:
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:

I'd agree with that. I don't know how likely this will come up, but I think the reason he didn't use his quirk like this from the get go is because of the very real chance of tissue rejection. He's a smart man though, so if tissue rejection really is a potential issue, he probably surrounded himself with people that had a close match to himself.

I may be totally off the mark. But it seems like a reasonable restriction to his quirk. I can't really think of anything else at the moment.

i do not know why tissue rejection will be a problem when he just modified the whole body that includes the genome to suit his own genetics/biology to begin with
Sep 14, 2017 4:35 AM

Jan 2015
isekai said:

i do not know why tissue rejection will be a problem when he just modified the whole body that includes the genome to suit his own genetics/biology to begin with

Well, we can't really say for sure that he modified the whole body to suit his own. He combined his body with someone else, yes. But saying it's seamless is too shallow of an assessment right now. You can combine a lot of things together but that doesn't mean it'll last or work well.

I considered tissue rejection because it's not the genome or DNA that is being rejected. It's specific proteins on every single cell of the body. There's the self and the non-self and our bodies attacks the non-self indiscriminately. And I find it hard to believe that he can change every single cell of either body to avoid that. He'd have to literally restructure every cell which is possible but I don't think he could do it in a short amount of time like it's depicted.

I'm probably overthinking it
Sep 14, 2017 8:53 AM
Jun 2013
I really don't want to know about the role that Toga will play in this.

Just get Eri safely out of this shithole already.
Sep 14, 2017 2:22 PM

Sep 2012
I'm confused as to when Overhaul revived Chrono. Can anyone explain that panel?
Sep 14, 2017 6:33 PM

Apr 2016
Shi-Woon said:

Names and fight scenes are quite a trouble for me to follow :>
Sep 14, 2017 9:49 PM
Nov 2016
I can't wait to see how the next chapter plays out. Mirio's quirk really was the best counter to Chisaki
Sep 15, 2017 4:54 AM

Dec 2013
SwordsmanDan said:

It was when Mirio kicked Chrono into Chisaki right after he lost his quirk.
Sep 16, 2017 3:53 PM

Sep 2012
G_Spark233 said:
SwordsmanDan said:

It was when Mirio kicked Chrono into Chisaki right after he lost his quirk.

Thanks! I was hoping Deku didn't already make a mistake so early in the fight.
Nov 1, 2017 11:13 PM

Jan 2014
Chisaki is like an alchemist.
if he fusion with other people, doesn't it mean he got the quirk too?
May 31, 2019 1:59 AM

May 2016
Overhaul was smart to chose Chrono and Nemoto as his closest bodyguards because if it weren't for them acting as his tools until the very end, he would've been defeated by the heroes the moment Eraserhead erased his Quirk. Eraser getting slowed down allowed Overhaul to use his Quirk again and his aide being right beside him made him come up of the most twisted last resort.

Mar 11, 2022 11:35 PM

Feb 2021
That form looks hella menacing!

Aug 16, 2022 8:05 PM
Community Mod
šŸ’§FocalorsšŸ’§

Mar 2022
That quirk is still busted.

He actually killed himself and then restored himself, that's crazy to me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Yesterday

2 by TengenFr »»
Today, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 403 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Oct 10, 2023

53 by tmsmnrq »»
Apr 19, 6:57 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 372 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Nov 2, 2022

23 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 19, 2:14 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.