Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 5, 2017 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, the Power Ranger references never ceases to amuse me in this show.

I'm glad to see the episode focus a lot more on Yun and Hajime's this episode. Not to mention, we also saw a little bit of Hajime's past. Those two look great with glasses on :D

Nene is still busy with her work as always.
Sep 5, 2017 5:54 AM

Jan 2012
Well that does it, Naru's officially on my shit list for speaking to Nenecchi that way! >:( Someone needs to take care of her like she did that bug!

Oh well, at least Momo has stupidly big, beautiful tits!
animefan8800Sep 5, 2017 8:36 AM
Sep 5, 2017 6:29 AM

Apr 2010
Narumi has a hard time watching Momo chan, she is all over the place.
Anyway it was a nice episode especially at the event where Hajime encountered an old friend and when even got to see some old pictures of them.
Hajime looked nice it that one.

Also the amount of Momo service this episode was a lot.
Sep 5, 2017 8:21 AM

Jun 2015
It's amusing to know more about Hajime and Yun's past. They were polar opposites back then as well as now. Those two look cute with glasses. Tsubame talking smack to Nene was infuriating. Her mindset is messed up. I really don't like her now. Work hard Nene!
Sep 5, 2017 9:22 AM

Sep 2008
This episode was mainly about character development and didn't move the main plot (making PECO) much.

Fans of the Yun x Hajime ship will love the first part. We get to learn more about their backstories and I have to admit they seem to be a more suited couple than I originally thought.

Nene got a little too smug and was called out by Tsubame, but then she took it way too far and I wasn't expecting the drama that ensued. Hopefully this is a temporary situation.

A lot of Momo fanservice. It's now confirmed that she has the biggest boobs in the show.

Very little screen time for Aoba, Hifumi, or Kou. That's got to change as we near the finish line.

So this episode was slightly weak as it didn't focus on the strongest characters, but was still very good and New Game!! continues to be my favorite show of the season. 4/5
Sep 5, 2017 10:00 AM

Jun 2017
Hajime x Yun ship is sailing with a strong tailwind this week. I loved it. It was nice to see more on each of their pasts. They were kind of opposites that flip-flopped.

We got to see more on the new girls. It seems like Narumi does a lot to help Momiji. She could not even get herself ready for work that well.
Sep 5, 2017 10:25 AM

Apr 2011
Nice to see a little Hajime x Yun ship and even knowing their background.

I did not like how Tsubame acted in response to Nennechi's talk. I could understand why, but I think she went overboard. Nice Momo fanservice also.

It feels like the two new girls are a litle too serious about their work and kinda ruins the laidback environment of the company. Its gonna be hard for me to like them.
Sep 5, 2017 10:48 AM

Jul 2014
Nice first segment with Hajime and Yun. Of course they were opposites xD

Naru's words were harsh but she didn't lie. Now, Nene has to work hard to shut her mouth and recognize her work.

It looked like Momo had big tits but I didn't imagine she had them that big. I like her more with each episode.
SkyLETVSep 5, 2017 10:51 AM
Sep 5, 2017 11:02 AM

Jun 2012
I kinda understand Narumi, imagine, you work hard and you are serious about your dream, and you hear Nene saying "Oh, im doing it for fun, and got work thanks to Umiko-san word" how would you feel?
Sep 5, 2017 11:25 AM

Apr 2013
Umiko slapping the Earth, Wind, and Fire out of this girl is what I need from this season now. All that salt towards her girlfriend after she leaves the room, but you're ear to ear smiling when she returns. I never ever imagined that I'd hate a New Game character.
Sep 5, 2017 11:48 AM

Jun 2015
Nice episode! We got some info on Hajime and Yun's childhood secrets. Naru was a bit of a bitch to Nene, not sure where that came from. I guess her and Momo are both a little bit prideful when it comes to their work.

...despite the fact that Momo wears "Usagi to Strawberry" pantsu xD

Sep 5, 2017 11:54 AM

Aug 2013
kamil88 said:
I kinda understand Narumi, imagine, you work hard and you are serious about your dream, and you hear Nene saying "Oh, im doing it for fun, and got work thanks to Umiko-san word" how would you feel?

While I can see that sentiment, how she went about saying it was kind of out of line. Not only did she directly insult Nene, she also insulted Umiko's integrity as an employee of Eagle Jump. It'll come back to bite her in the ass if she plans on working at the company in the future.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 5, 2017 11:57 AM

Aug 2013
So this week kinda showcased more of Naru and Momo's personas. While I respect them for working hard and being serious about what they are doing, their overzealous and partially elitist ways kinda makes them both come off as the shrewd type that will serve as major conflict towards our beloved cast at a later date. Though karma is rather a bitch as they both had some sort of bug invade their peace which led to Naru getting a cold and Momo showing off how disorganized she can be without Naru's help. Also, Momo fanservice...knew it was gonna happen.
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 5, 2017 12:18 PM

Jan 2014
Were her boobs always that big? Anyway, one of the weaker episodes imo.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 5, 2017 12:30 PM

Sep 2013
Hajime and Yun showing their old pics and wearing red glasses :)
Naru has it out for nene and momo is a slob without her.
Sep 5, 2017 1:29 PM

Nov 2016
Liked the part focussed on Hajime and Yun definitely more, Hajime was an Otaku in disguise and Yun looked like the real deal.

Momiji and Tsubame are okayish characters, need some time to get warm with them.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 5, 2017 1:55 PM

Feb 2014
It's always nice to see the other casts members get a good chunk of screentime for character development reasons. Hajime and Yun's segment was amusing, but also understandable too. It took me a while before I could be more open about my hobbies of gaming and anime at my workplace too. ^_^

Naru and Sakura's talk was certainly interesting though. People here are reacting negatively to Naru is almost the same way that Welcome to the Ballroom's Shizuku did to Tatara a few episodes back. Personally, her choice of words and tone made it sound a bit too harsh, but she was being fully honest and truthful as well.

Sakura took the opportunity to join EagleJump again and has connections with Umiko thanks to the de-bugging stint from last season, whereas Naru and Momo have put in more time to hone up their skills to where they are right now. At least Sakura acknowledges this and wants to improve as best as she can, which is very nice. =)

Nice fanservice from Momo's large rack and cute panties though. Yagami has competition now! =P
Sep 5, 2017 1:56 PM

Jan 2016
What a coincidence... Tsubame was harsh to Nene and Momiji was too arrogant, the day after the former caught a fever and the latter made a mess with her appearance lol Karma is real.

The Hajime and Yun part was lovely :3
THANKS SENPIEX
Sep 5, 2017 2:08 PM
May 2016
The first part was really sweet. Hajime and Yun, you should NEVER be ashamed of who you really are. You shouldn't have to go out of your way to change yourselves, as long as you work hard and aim to succeed you're still awesome. Also, both of you look CUTE AS FUCK in glasses <3 <3 <3

Naru, stop being such a bitch to Nenecchi. So what she decided to become a programmer on a whim, and got a job cause of Umiko. At least she has aspirations and has connections to help her succeed in the business. I didn't know what I wanted to do till I was 24. So pipe down. Nene, don't listen to the haters. You do you, boo.

Momo, you may be a little uptight but GODDAMN THAT BODY THO!! Also, I laughed a bit when they just said fuck it and threw the bowl they used to catch that bug straight into the trash XD

[Please insert weekly gripe about lack of screen time for waifu Hifumi here]
Now if we could get Hifumi in glasses... oh god I don't think I could take that level of adorableness, sexiness, everything-ness!
Sep 5, 2017 2:26 PM

Nov 2011
Hajime in FUCKING GLASSES! LETS GO!

Yo Naru and Momo are fucking garbage! Get that shit outta here. Just bring your at home personas to work and you'll be more likable.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 5, 2017 3:26 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
now that was some delicious fanservice
Sep 5, 2017 4:45 PM
Oct 2010
I can't blame Narumi for her reaction. First, after Narumi shared her dream and goal, Nene halfheartedly said she would do the same. Then Nene stated she got the job thanks to Umiko, which combined with her attitude could easily lead Narumi to think Nene doesn't even need to work hard to get her contract renewed. I could definitely be pissed enough to speak more than I should in a similar situation.

Of course, as the audience we have seen that Nene does work hard and worry about the job. But Narumi has not seen that herself...

I say it's good Narumi isn't portrayed as an unflappable character, it would be hard to buy given her age.
AjunkySep 5, 2017 4:50 PM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Sep 5, 2017 5:11 PM

Dec 2016
Those were some nice pictures of their younger selves.

What a bitch Naru is hating on Nene like that, serves her right getting that cold.

Hopefully Nene shows that she's there because she deserves to be in the upcoming episodes.

Sep 5, 2017 5:31 PM

Apr 2011
While Nennechi was kind of arrogant in her talks about how she got in the company, she did worked really hard and serious based on her Interview.

I don't think there are favoritism and nepotism here. Nennechi's skills are already recognized by Umiko during her first part time in Eagle Jump. She proved to be a good debugger and taught by Umiko in making her game in half a year. Making a game is not easy. Umiko will not so recognize or hire someone who is half assed or half baked. She can proved her wrong by making a game better than her which I hope she does.
MagitoSep 5, 2017 9:46 PM
Sep 5, 2017 5:53 PM

Sep 2016
I also hate nepotism and favoritism. well but that's to be expected since thats the core criteria to get recruited to the eagle jump company to begin with (you need to be cute gal!)
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 5, 2017 8:18 PM

Dec 2014
The Hajime and Yun interactions in the beginning were a lot of fun to watch.
Both of them were really cute with glasses.

Narumi changing character like that kinda surprised me, I was really liking her till then.

Bugs suck big time. I know. :P
Sep 5, 2017 8:25 PM

Sep 2013
4/5

Hajime looks so much better with short hair so I'm glad she cuts it. I was a bit thrown off seeing her with longer hair.

Narumi was kinda rude to our adorable little Nene but she's sorta right on that. The least Narumi could do is at least get to know Nene more rather than jump to conclusions. Hopefully Nene will prove her wrong.

I wish Narumi and Momoji act more like they do at home while they are at work. They're pretty entertaining when they are loosened up, especially Momoji.
TehSnawnSep 5, 2017 9:46 PM

Sep 5, 2017 8:41 PM

Aug 2008
Yun-chan is really cute :) (I didn't really noticed her until this episode, lol)

Poor Nenecchi; that obviously wasn't what she meant, but Narumi twisted her words.

I really did not like the last part. Pointless fanservice ftl.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Sep 5, 2017 9:25 PM

Jun 2013
Can you imagine how much less productive the world would be if people actually got colds that easily?
Sep 5, 2017 9:37 PM

Jul 2015
Lots of Yun and Hajime bonding this episode, and glasses. And some very sudden drama on the programmers side of things. Seems BOTH of the new girls were brought along to fill in the role of rival characters... and provide fan-service.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 5, 2017 9:40 PM

Apr 2011
TehSnawn said:
4/5
I wish Narumi and Momoji act more like they do at home while they are at work. They're pretty entertaining when they are loosened up, especially Momoji.

I agree. They'll be likable characters if they're not so uptight and prideful.
Sep 5, 2017 9:53 PM

Aug 2014
Wow lay off bitch, don't insult the Nene.
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 5, 2017 10:10 PM

Mar 2008
Narumi is a bitch. She needs to face reality. People get hired through connections even if they don't have the skill. She also needs face that people aren't as serious as she is about their work.
Sep 5, 2017 11:31 PM

Jan 2011
i always wanted to see what Hajime looked like with long hair now i wish i could see it more often

Narumi dropped to that low tier that everyone hopes gets better but is otherwise fine since there are so many better options

granted she was right to a lesser extent
Sep 6, 2017 5:55 AM
Sep 6, 2017 7:21 AM

Oct 2014
so this Momo girl is the type to not wear a bra behind her pajamas.

and then goes to work with that pajamas...

wait what?
Sep 6, 2017 8:31 AM

Jul 2015
Yun sure changed in looking from back then!

Nenechi will have to show how much she deserved the spot Umiko gave to her.
Sep 6, 2017 9:10 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
LOL at Yun's high school picture.
I really like the Hajime x Yun focus. They get along pretty well.

I felt bad for Nenechi since she's always had fun working on games. She may not be the most talented but she has passion and determination and I think that's what Umiko loves about Nenechi. Totally rude of Naru to look down on Nenechi, it's like she was bottling up her emotions and she decided to vent out suddenly. Naru and Momo look more like they are in it for themselves.

Sep 6, 2017 9:24 AM
Nov 2016
Seems like Yun was not popular in school and Hajime was, surprisingly so.

Those new hires are pissing me off with their obnoxious attitude.

That power rangers reference tho lmao.
Sep 6, 2017 12:09 PM

May 2015
Delicious Momo is delicious.
Wasn't expecting that bitchy side from Narumi.
Sep 6, 2017 12:52 PM

Nov 2008
kamil88 said:

indeed and then you kinda make assumptions without knowing the people involved and look like a jackass in the process o/ - the supposition that if she didnt know Umiko shed not have been hired is ... TRUE; however in knowing her and seeing both her ability to learn and her raw talent level Umiko knows shes giving someone who with the right guidance/motivation will be very good at the work she does. It's not favoritism; had Nene sucked shed have never got an interview let alone a hiring. She hired someone with a very nice skill and potential ceiling which is what those 3 month type contracts are for.

and sorry im just not loving the new characters.. I don't hate them by any means but compared to the rest of the cast they just feel meh to me. However both are 'arroogant' in their own ways and I can see why that would rub some fans the wrong way.

MetaThPr4h said:
Yun sure changed in looking from back then!

Nenechi will have to show how much she deserved the spot Umiko gave to her.

Agreed or she will be no up contract fired lol. She doesn't HAVE to prove anything to narumi; simply to herself and to Umiko/Her Boss lol
sirwenceSep 7, 2017 6:21 AM
Sep 6, 2017 2:34 PM

Feb 2008
The past selves of Hajime and Yun were positively surprising. They are a lot alike. Hajime's failure to hide her true side was amusing as well.

At least karma struck Narumi back for lashing out at Nene. The outburst itself was uncalled for.
Sep 6, 2017 4:10 PM

Jun 2017
I am not really a fan of the new girls so far either. Narumi has to come down to Earth, she has absolutely no idea how the job market works. While it is true that people can get hired because of pure talent that's surprisingly rare and most companies prefer hiring the X of Y as it is less of a gamble than a total stranger. Sure, this mentality screwed me many times and I am still looking for a job at the moment but this is how it works for the most part sadly.
Sep 6, 2017 5:24 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, Momo's much more busty than I expected.
Sep 6, 2017 7:39 PM

Jul 2016
4/5 Episode. The first part with Hajime and Yun was really enjoyable (and the best of the episode I must say). It's nice having some more character development of them and it sure was a nice talk about being who you truly are :)

On the other hand...

I don't know if I got it but... did just Narumi doubt about Umiko's integrity? and then after that, she was all smiles when she came back? I though I would like her more than Momoji but I think they are in the same line (they are way too serious and arrogant in their own ways).

I'm kinda surprise I actually found some characters I don't like that much in New Game. I hope all this "drama" will be resolve in the next episode so we could focus on the real deal, PECO's development.
Sep 6, 2017 8:30 PM

Jul 2017
That Momo fanservice was delightful, such a beauty :)

I loved the first half with Hajime and Yun, so great seeing them talk about themselves and their pasts.
Sep 7, 2017 1:26 AM

Jul 2011
I like Momo and Naru when they are together home, but hate them when they are working. Chill a little!

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Sep 7, 2017 6:34 AM

Aug 2017
it seems momo's future will really become like yagami, everyday just wear a pantsu xD
 Live in life, die in death. Follow your heart, do what you can 
     ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ────┐

└─────── ─ ─ ─    
Sep 8, 2017 1:32 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
I was hoping Umiko would step in and make Naru realize how bitch she became toward Nenecchi. Guess I have to wait until next week.
Sep 8, 2017 7:33 AM

Nov 2008
LeafHero71 said:
I was hoping Umiko would step in and make Naru realize how bitch she became toward Nenecchi. Guess I have to wait until next week.
gotta wait for Narus arc to end and it will 1-2 eps
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2017

159 by kitoha »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2017

84 by Kristiwazhere »»
Apr 25, 1:37 PM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2017

100 by kitoha »»
Apr 21, 8:29 PM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2017

72 by winddevil1 »»
Apr 20, 9:49 AM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2017

99 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 7, 9:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.