Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 29, 2017 8:38 AM
Aug 2017
Every anime has fans and haters . While for some of them , the fans are a minority , for others haters are so few that they can be seen as irrelevant . This is where my question appears : do you think that there is an anime that is impossible to hate ?
My personal example : Death Note . I think it's such a good anime that one could only hate on its popularity ( you know , hipsters ) .
Second example : Inuyasha . Aside from being very good (at least in my opinion , if you don't like it i won't judge you ) , it also has a very strong nostalgia factor to it , since a lot of people remember it from their childhoods .
Remember , opinions must be respected , so if you feel like answering SAO for example , that doesn't give anybody the right to tell you anything . Be honest .
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 29, 2017 8:42 AM

Jul 2015
Animes that I saw in my childhood. Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball, Gundam, YuYu Hakusho, etc

I tried to rewatch Saint Seiya and it was a disaster. Better keep my childhood memories as is.

Aug 29, 2017 8:43 AM
Apr 2017
Maaaaaan dat shit sucked xD Opinions dont matter only expert say wat is good and not lul Deathnote on netflix is best Anime xD not even anime LUL
Aug 29, 2017 8:44 AM

Jul 2013
Index III. You can't hate things that doesn't exists.
Aug 29, 2017 8:48 AM

Aug 2009
You'd have to be an absolute contrarian asshole to hate on Cowboy Bebop. That's like the ultimate safe pick next to Akira.

Aug 29, 2017 8:52 AM

Aug 2017
I think mirai Nikki is a anime you cant hate. it has very good writing and very good female protagonist who is every otakus dream girl. I can't see anyone give this anime under 8 if you are not just a anime hater. the opening is also sugoi =D
Aug 29, 2017 8:54 AM

Apr 2015
This is becoming a 'Animes I like' thread.
Aug 29, 2017 9:01 AM

Jan 2010
OyAlinDesu said:
Every anime has fans and haters . While for some of them , the fans are a minority , for others haters are so few that they can be seen as irrelevant . This is where my question appears : do you think that there is an anime that is impossible to hate ?
My personal example : Death Note . I think it's such a good anime that one could only hate on its popularity ( you know , hipsters ) .
Second example : Inuyasha . Aside from being very good (at least in my opinion , if you don't like it i won't judge you ) , it also has a very strong nostalgia factor to it , since a lot of people remember it from their childhoods .
Remember , opinions must be respected , so if you feel like answering SAO for example , that doesn't give anybody the right to tell you anything . Be honest .

Ah, sadly Inuyasha is one of the very few anime I couldn't manage to finish because I errr kind of hate it. Not that I think it's bad anime, it's good.

Anyway, what anime is impossible to hate?
I think that anime is non-exist. People are way too vary. It's impossible to find anime where absolutely no one think it's a bad anime. Or has some things they personally didn't like about it.

Even out of all my favorites and masterpieces, I don't consider any of them to be immune from people hate (not because it's popularity)
Aug 29, 2017 9:03 AM
Jul 2018
Death note is trash and that has nothing to do with its popularity, jesus fucking christ.

OT: No such anime exists.
Aug 29, 2017 9:05 AM

Apr 2017
Unfortunately, every anime has people who hate it. There are some cases where that's just bad taste, but there will always be haters for every anime.
Aug 29, 2017 9:07 AM
Aug 2017
Lanz said:
This is becoming a 'Animes I like' thread.

Well i can't say i'm surprised , i was kinda expecting IT :) Still , i received some pretty interesting answers so it's okay .
Aug 29, 2017 9:10 AM
Aug 2017
Williemeister said:
Gurren Lagann, Steins;Gate and Hibike! Euphonium. Cant see how anyone would rate one of these under 5

I haven't watched Steins;Gate yet so i can't really talk about it but i could still see that it has a big number of haters
Aug 29, 2017 9:11 AM

Jan 2017
The_Missing_Link said:
Unfortunately, every anime has people who hate it. There are some cases where that's just bad taste, but there will always be haters for every anime.

I can actually agree with this. That's the best statement that sums it all up.
Aug 29, 2017 9:15 AM

Jul 2016
OP the day such an anime exists, elitists as we know it will disappear, and Japan will nuke the U.S.
damn, the forums these days...
Aug 29, 2017 9:17 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
anime that are full of attractive females and fanservice
Aug 29, 2017 9:18 AM
Aug 2017
Darek said:
Death note is trash and that has nothing to do with its popularity, jesus fucking christ.

OT: No such anime exists.

Of course IT doesn't exist , the question is more about animes that in your opinion , nobody with common dense could find a reason to hate . Also , i respect your choice to hate Death Note , i've never seen anyone before saying it's trash :)
Aug 29, 2017 9:27 AM

Oct 2014

How can you hate on something so beautiful? It's jut perfect in every way.

OT: "When you try to find something that is everyone's cup of tea you realize that the only option would be water". Something that no one would hate would also be very few people's favourite anime since it would have to cater to the lowest common denominator.
Aug 29, 2017 9:28 AM
Jan 2017
How about an anime like Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou? Or the just regular Nichijou, they're both just too entertaining to dislike.
Aug 29, 2017 9:32 AM
Jul 2018
OyAlinDesu said:
Of course IT doesn't exist , the question is more about animes that in your opinion , nobody with common dense could find a reason to hate .
My answer still remains, unless someone is too far up their own ass such thing should not happen.
Aug 29, 2017 9:35 AM

Dec 2016
Ahhh, I don't hate Death Note, but I can perfectly understand who does. There're flaws and inconsistencies on the manga and anime, most people just don't realize. But anyway, there's no such thing, everyone can hate whatever they want to, as long as they have some reason or motivation to do so.

Mindless hate as well mindless love are both obnoxious.
Aug 29, 2017 9:38 AM

May 2015
As The_Missing_Link said, even the most perfect animes will always have someone to hate him, there are smart little ones who have fun criticizing Cowboy Bebop, Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu or even the most perfect movies of Miyazaki.

But it's also why it's always exciting to discuss and debate the quality of a manga or anime with people.

If one excludes the uneducated trolls, the small 15-year-old fujoshis or simply the people unable to make solid arguments about why they like such or such anime ; Let me know when I read a positive or negative critique well built on an anime that I like very much or I hate, I can realize myself small defects that I had not seen or hidden messages or hard access qualities that I had not thought of.

While I often have the impression that for many people is an anime is awesome or it is horrible while, no, it's wrong, we must see beyond that, we must make a critical constructive with plausible and solid arguments but always remain personal but above all bring wealth in its criticism and assume its choices. An anime like Sword Art Online for me does not deserve a 10/10 but deserves even less a 1/10, the middle ground exists and in any case the perfect anime does not exist, but the best mangas and animes are those who manage to put the most people in agreement, these can be regarded as works approaching perfection the most.

I have to say that very good animes such as Cowboy Bebop, Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, Gankutsuou, Gintama, Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 or very good movies like the best films of Miyazaki are rather difficult to criticize, people who do not like them are usually very demanding people or people with very specific tastes.
Aug 29, 2017 9:40 AM

Apr 2017
I think it's steins gate and FMAB

CatchyUsername said:
Ahhh, I don't hate Death Note, but I can perfectly understand who does. There're flaws and inconsistencies on the manga and anime, most people just don't realize. But anyway, there's no such thing, everyone can hate whatever they want to, as long as they have some reason or motivation to do so.

Why have you changed the yotsuba avatar ?!! Bring it back idiot

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Aug 29, 2017 9:41 AM

Dec 2015
Most adventure Miyazaki/Ghibli movies, I would say.
And kids comedy shows, in particular DrSlump or the early Dragon Ball.

I find it quite easy to highly dislike Death Note: some things can irk in the beginning, and then you have the whole enterprise council part (good ideas still) and the final blow for people's patience will be the reigning Kira segment (who could have been omitted).

@Wysteria_ To be honest, it's very easy to find people criticizing those movies. You'll see this here for example with MAL sacrosanct words: "oh my god, those characters have no/little character development, oh my god they left elements aside, oh my god this happened only thanks to some coincidence THIS IS A PLOTHOLE".
Rei_IIIAug 29, 2017 11:13 AM
Aug 29, 2017 9:43 AM

Apr 2017
Normally i dont hate anime unless theyre outright unwatchable.
CGDCT animes for example, i just cant hate it.
What your opinion about anime like Doraemon, inuyasha? Or emotionally engaging ones like anohana, clannad, angel beats, plastic memories?

And finally, how about anime that are great to a certain point, Koe no Katachi or Kimi no Na Wa?

Of those animes, i believe 'hate' is only used if the main theme of the anime didnt fit your liking.
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Aug 29, 2017 9:43 AM

Dec 2016
S-quare22 said:

CatchyUsername said:

Nah, I like this poker face. It makes me look badass and it's a fucking great female character.
Aug 29, 2017 9:47 AM

Nov 2011
Zero. None. Nada.

There aren't any anime that are impossible to hate. That's why "taste" is a thing.

AntaWentFullBaka said:
You'd have to be an absolute contrarian asshole to hate on Cowboy Bebop. That's like the ultimate safe pick next to Akira.

As someone with Cowboy Bebop in his favorites, no, this is absolutely not true. You don't have to be a contrarian jerk to hate Cowboy Bebop, and I can understand why some people might dislike it.
Aug 29, 2017 9:52 AM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
No such anime exists. That's just the nature of things. Delusions can only stretch so far. As much as I wanna say that masterpieces like Gurren Lagann, Steins;Gate and Madoka Magica are pretty much flawless, there's always someone out there that will disagree completely.

"𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚒𝚡 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜."
☆ 𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚜𝚝 ☆
☆ 𝚅𝙽𝙳𝚋 ☆
☆ 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚢 ☆
Aug 29, 2017 9:54 AM

Jul 2015
kawaii96desu said:
One Piece? It's an absolute masterpiece tbh. Why would you even hate it. Doesn't matter whether you are 10, 70 years old, female, male, non-binary, french, japanese or german. Everyone who watched its 800 episodes knows that.

Another honorable mention is Higurashi and its second season.

Actually I feel the same way about all of my favorites. So I'm just gonna say - My favorites.

I can see plenty of reasons on why someone would not like One Piece, Keijo, Shingeki No Kyojin and OPM. (Not to mention your other favorites that I have not seen for obvious reasons). So you are wrong there kid.
Aug 29, 2017 9:56 AM

Jun 2009
kawaii96desu said:
One Piece? It's an absolute masterpiece tbh. Why would you even hate it. Doesn't matter whether you are 10, 70 years old, female, male, non-binary, french, japanese or german. Everyone who watched its 800 episodes knows that.

I really loved One Piece, and watched till episode 730. But that love turned to hate, simply because what Toei has done with the animation and pacing of the anime. And cause an anime has alot of episodes doesnt make it an excuse to drop the quality. I aint a manga reader, so i'm talking about the anime only here.

I think every anime can be hated upon, the only anime that i havent seen much hate towards were Ghibli movies.

Aug 29, 2017 9:56 AM

Feb 2016
I can't think of any Anime. Many Animes get hate and mostly because of stupid reasons. But I haven't seen always hater. I think I don't know any person who actually has something against Mawaru Penguindrum. I only know people who dropped it after the first episodes but nothing more.

I also can't remember of any person who hates Nana.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Aug 29, 2017 9:58 AM
Aug 2011
AntaWentFullBaka said:

I've heard one of my friends who does and have me a somewhat reasonable answer to dislike Cowboy Bebop. He hates how much he felt like it ripped off American westerns and he pointed out places where he felt like it ripped off specific movies so it didn't appeal to him.

I get where he was coming from, even if I love the anime.

kawaii96desu said:

Another honorable mention is Higurashi and its second season.

Actually I feel the same way about all of my favorites. So I'm just gonna say - My favorites.

I've never been a fan of One Piece, even as far as to say I kind of hate it. Reading the manga was a better experience but I don't see myself reading all of that stuff.
Aug 29, 2017 10:08 AM
Jul 2018
Williemeister said:
Gurren Lagann, Steins;Gate and Hibike! Euphonium. Cant see how anyone would rate one of these under 5

Gurren Lagann is way too over the top for a lot of people. I dropped it.

And Steins;Gate starts out incredibly slow. Haven't been able to finish it yet...
Aug 29, 2017 10:13 AM

Oct 2015
Rei366 said:
Most adventure Miyazaki/Ghibli movies, I would say.

I agree. I find it extremly difficult to dislike any Ghibli movie, especially those made by Miyazaki and I don't really see that many haters when it comes to it?? Idk I'm probably just dense but I can't remember once when I saw any hate on a Ghibli movie.
Aug 29, 2017 10:15 AM

Apr 2017
CatchyUsername said:
S-quare22 said:

Nah, I like this poker face. It makes me look badass and it's a fucking great female character.

What's the name of this show cuz it seems interesting

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Jul 2018
TripleSRank said:
AntaWentFullBaka said:

As someone with Cowboy Bebop in his favorites, no, this is absolutely not true. You don't have to be a contrarian jerk to hate Cowboy Bebop, and I can understand why some people might dislike it.

It's mostly episodic. Some people are going to hate it for that fact alone.

Apr 2017
Bakuman. Anime is very good, I'm currently reading the manga and it's freaking awesome.

Apr 2014
AntaWentFullBaka said:
The only good thing about Cowboy Bebop is the art, the rest is mediocre/bad.
Aug 29, 2017 10:19 AM

Dec 2016
S-quare22 said:
CatchyUsername said:

What's the name of this show cuz it seems interesting

LoL, 1970's Ashita no Joe. Old but Gold.
Aug 29, 2017 10:19 AM

Mar 2016
I haven't met a person who dislikes Osomatsu-san.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Aug 29, 2017 10:21 AM

Aug 2015
K-On, Aria or any of Miyazaki movies
Aug 29, 2017 10:33 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
None whatsoever. That concept doesn't exist past an absurd notion of something simultaneously possessing an all-encapsulating appeal and infallibility in some way, shape or form. I really don't think there is a single series out there that is immune from being reasonably disliked by somebody.

Aug 29, 2017 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
Everything has haters. When even Ghibli movies like Spirited Away has haters then... everything has. :(
Aug 29, 2017 10:51 AM

Aug 2016
No one can truly hate the great masterpiece that is

Innnfernnooo Coppuu
Aug 29, 2017 10:54 AM

Feb 2010
Nothing is impossible for a bitter, hateful mind. Shows get hated without even being watched just because some douché, somewhere associated them with the elitism meme and the sheep start reverse projecting everything negative they can think about into them because of it without even giving them a try.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 29, 2017 10:59 AM

Feb 2010
Red_Ryu12345 said:
AntaWentFullBaka said:

I've heard one of my friends who does and have me a somewhat reasonable answer to dislike Cowboy Bebop. He hates how much he felt like it ripped off American westerns and he pointed out places where he felt like it ripped off specific movies so it didn't appeal to him.

That's honestly one of the worst reasons for disliking it I heard so far. If they can't differentiate between homages and references and paying your respect to what influenced you, and 'ripping off' I can't take them very seriously. Seems like a very narrow, black and white way of looking at things.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 29, 2017 11:00 AM
Aug 2016
OyAlinDesu said:

^one of the most retarded sentences I've seen in a while

Damn, I just took that bait :^(
Aug 29, 2017 11:01 AM

Jul 2016
Something obscure from the 50s that was never subbed and no one outside of Japan bothered to watch it but the 5 people who did love it cause it low key has the most brilliant plot of all time. That's the only scenario I can think of that would minimize haters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2017 11:01 AM

Apr 2015
Amazingly adorable stuff like Bananya and Tonari no Totoro.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Aug 29, 2017 11:04 AM
Aug 2011
Pullman said:
Red_Ryu12345 said:

That's honestly one of the worst reasons for disliking it I heard so far. If they can't differentiate between homages and references and paying your respect to what influenced you, and 'ripping off' I can't take them very seriously. Seems like a very narrow, black and white way of looking at things.

He considered them less of homages and references and more of the anime just straight up stealing.

I don't agree with him, granted I have not seen most if any of the movies he was talking about. But I get where he was coming from and maybe why he felt the way he did.
Aug 29, 2017 11:05 AM

Apr 2011
Williemeister said:

Stein's Gate first half is terrible 2/10
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime that you started watching because of Social Media

ST63LTH - 14 minutes ago

1 by SkyfallStar »»
3 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9072 by animeboilolz »»
6 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 7 hours ago

13 by epidemia78 »»
14 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase? ( 1 2 )

Catalano - Apr 25

52 by LNW_R92CP »»
15 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 10 hours ago

25 by Miyamotodex23 »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.