Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 23, 2017 2:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, the bad guys aren't playing fair at all this time. A sneak attack against Naruto like that....ouch.

However, it's nice to see Sasuke fighting again. That Rinnegan of his is still doing its work. Sakura also showed up too. Team 7 reunion like the old days! I think this episode delivered the part that the antagonists are serious in trying to achieve their goals if they decide to make hasty moves like that. Not to mention, one of them has Akatsuk clothes on.
Aug 23, 2017 2:22 AM
Mar 2016
i really love seeing sasuke fight, loved this ep
Aug 23, 2017 3:09 AM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.

Cool to see Naruto protect Sarada & Sasuke fight.
Shin Uchiha wanting to revive the Akatsuki.

Nice punch from Sakura. Don't mess with her husband & daughter.

Orochimaru next week.

"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 23, 2017 3:18 AM
Mar 2015
I agree with the philosophy Shim Uchoa have, we need more war and death.

This episode was awesome, i have been waiting for this, boruto is getting really intense after the slow start. I like how Shin Uchia fights dirty and also uses clever tricks to get the upper hand, i guess sakura will the tortured by him the next episode, that will be fun to watch.
Aug 23, 2017 3:37 AM

Feb 2013
Sakura's entrance was EPIC.
Aug 23, 2017 3:38 AM

Dec 2013
That was certainly an awkward reunion...

Action was okay-ish. Big Shin is creepy af!

Sakura somehow tracking them down was pretty convenient but her entrance was still cool.

Sasuke is actually being a somewhat decent parent!
Aug 23, 2017 3:43 AM

Jun 2014
Decent action this week against Shin, but Naruto and Sasuke had some trouble until Sakura showed up. Overall though it was nice to see Sasuke fight again.

Excited to see Orochimaru next week.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 23, 2017 3:58 AM
Dec 2012
Sarada: "What the heck are these people?" lmao
It's nice to see team 7 again but damn somehow both Naruto & Sasuke felt so underpowered.
Aug 23, 2017 4:01 AM

Sep 2013
4/5- Pretty good episode with the drama and action.

It's nice to see Team 7 reunited again as adults. Sakura's entrance was pretty cool. Sasuke deserves some forgiveness from Sarada after intercepting that attack. He got stabbed 5 times to protect her.

Also very happy that there wasn't as many Cho Cho jokes this week. Last week it felt like overkill but this week it was okay. I'm still bothered that she still had a comedic spot during that fight.

And holy shit, this arc is almost over?! If memory serves me correct, I think they might have 2-3 more episodes left to cover. Oh well, I'm still happy to see this and I'm kinda thankful they didn't shove a bunch of fillers to extend this story longer than it has to be.

Aug 23, 2017 4:44 AM
Oct 2011
Ok time to talk about changes from the manga for both good and ill. One change I like is how they showed Sasuke reflecting over how he attacked Sarada because he didn't recognize is own daughter, That was a change I liked. One chage I did NOT like was the flashback. First of all Sasuke isn't looking out for just ANOTHER Kaguya type he is specifcally looking for a threat large enough to make Kaguya HERSELF SCARED, whats more he actually has evidence to back up his speculation. Mainly the white Zetsu army. As he points out Kaguya despite all of her power STILL felt the need to create it, so he did some digging and it turns out the White Zetsu army PREDATES the origin of Shinobi themselves. So yeah Sasuke had GOOD REASON to be suspicious of a threat. The way they change things make it seem more like Sasuke is indulging in random speculation. Also minor (i think) spoiler your opinion may vary.

Now on to more neutral changes. In the manga there were NO hints of Sarada starting to awaken her Sharingan early. The first time she awakened it was right BEFORE she met Sasuke because she as so EXCITED to meet her father she awakened it with what seemed to be shear JOY at the thought of finally meeting her father. On one hand given what we know about Sahringan lore what we've seen with Sarada makes since. ON THE OTHER HAND, we have been STRONGLY led to believe that the curse of hatred has died with Sasuke's generation, and it would make more since for things in Sarada's generation to work in a new way. Hince why it was joy that awakened her Sharingan in the manga, the hints that anime gave with her rubbing her eyes durring her emtional trauma (That were NOT there in manga I might add) contradict that if that is the direction the manga decides to go) and DEFINITELY contradict the moment where Sarada FULLY awakens the Sharingan in the manga proper. I am aware that Boruto, unlike Naruto is a multimedia property and WILL have anime original arcs, that unlike Naruto WILL be considered canon, HOWEVER when an adaption of Manga material exists I believe Manga material should be given precedence. Although to be fair I could be jumping the gun in where the manga is going with the next generation of Sharingan, and Sarada.
The second neutral change is how Sakura gets abducted by Shin. In the Manga she is just taken where as here Saskura is taken because she is protecting Sarada. On one hand I like the change because it makes Sakura look more competent, on the other hands I feel it will raise questions next episode becuse minor spoiler (and yes it is MINOR as it gets resolved next episode)

Aug 23, 2017 4:57 AM

Mar 2016
:( I'm watching this on the bus ride to SCHOOL!!!!! uggghhgh help!!!! I don't know how I'm going to keep up with all the shows I'm watching!

also I still hate Sasuke so don't try to change my mind
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2017 5:17 AM

Jul 2016
That punch by Sakura...
Aug 23, 2017 5:43 AM

Dec 2014
Sasuke should've used Susanoo and wrecked Shin in seconds. :3

Sakura's entrance was great though, Sasuke being a decent guy and taking the blame and protecting his daughter and stuff. xD

Orochimaru next week. :)
Aug 23, 2017 5:49 AM

Apr 2015
Woah this episode was awesome.

A lot of action in this episode and finally Uchiha family all together!

5/5
Aug 23, 2017 6:04 AM

Jan 2017
Boruto redeemed itself a little with this episode. I wasn't like it too much up until this point but this episode was pretty good imo. (Maybe because Boruto wasn't even in this episode lol). Regardless, I'm excited for the next one. Hopefully we will see Sakura put up some sort of fight.

im weeb trash

Aug 23, 2017 6:10 AM
Jul 2012
Lelouch0202 said:

Sakura's entrance was great though, Sasuke being a decent guy and taking the blame and protecting his daughter and stuff. xD

apparently his eye powers weakened after traveling dimensions so much, which i don't understand because he used his rinnegan to switch with younger shin in the fight lmao

but oh well, it gave the chance for sakura my bb to shine
Aug 23, 2017 6:14 AM

Sep 2015
Welcome to Uchiha now you are real Uchiha Sarada
Into the Internet!
Aug 23, 2017 6:25 AM

May 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, the bad guys aren't playing fair at all this time. A sneak attack against Naruto like that....ouch.

However, it's nice to see Sasuke fighting again. That Rinnegan of his is still doing its work. Sakura also showed up too. Team 7 reunion like the old days! I think this episode delivered the part that the antagonists are serious in trying to achieve their goals if they decide to make hasty moves like that. Not to mention, one of them has Akatsuk clothes on.

"playing fair" lol they're ninja's it's all about sneak attacks, they're rusty especially Naruto, but of course they got kids with them they wouldn't go all out and devastate the entire place.
LairucremAug 23, 2017 6:32 AM
Aug 23, 2017 6:28 AM

May 2017
2 minutes and 43 seconds of annoying recap smfh

Team 7 trio = terrible parenting trio
Aug 23, 2017 6:32 AM

Nov 2011
Lol, why use Susano'o when you can just take the shuriken head on.

Aug 23, 2017 6:34 AM

May 2017
adolf512 said:
I agree with the philosophy Shim Uchoa have, we need more war and death.

This episode was awesome, i have been waiting for this, boruto is getting really intense after the slow start. I like how Shin Uchia fights dirty and also uses clever tricks to get the upper hand, i guess sakura will the tortured by him the next episode, that will be fun to watch.

"fights dirty" dude they're ninjas, it's all about sneak attacks lol
Aug 23, 2017 6:38 AM

May 2017
thebrentinator24 said:
Decent action this week against Shin, but Naruto and Sasuke had some trouble until Sakura showed up. Overall though it was nice to see Sasuke fight again.

Excited to see Orochimaru next week.

Seigen said:
Sarada: "What the heck are these people?" lmao
It's nice to see team 7 again but damn somehow both Naruto & Sasuke felt so underpowered.

Guys, they have kids with them, you want them to go all out and devastate the place? But yeah they're rusty especially Naruto
Aug 23, 2017 7:07 AM

May 2017
ieatrainbows0330 said:
Lelouch0202 said:

apparently his eye powers weakened after traveling dimensions so much, which i don't understand because he used his rinnegan to switch with younger shin in the fight lmao

but oh well, it gave the chance for sakura my bb to shine

^

Don't make stuff up there was no such indication that his eyes weakened
LairucremAug 23, 2017 8:58 AM
Aug 23, 2017 7:12 AM

Jul 2017
Sasuke is Badass as Always , Naruto always Protect his Friends.
Aug 23, 2017 7:21 AM

Jul 2015
I'm kind of disappointed in the skill level being showed by Naruto and Sasuke. I get it is for conflict that the writers and animators don't show them actually getting serious, because they would wreck that guy, but it is not as exciting as watching a real battle happening. Also why does Naruto always go into sage mode right when get gets into the 9 tails transformation? I'm guessing he just does both simultaneously.
Aug 23, 2017 7:28 AM
Nov 2014
I like this arc. This episode's animation was pretty bad though.
Aug 23, 2017 7:33 AM

Apr 2012
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO this ep

Was nice seeing the three old friends together.
Aug 23, 2017 8:12 AM

Jun 2015
Cho Cho is annoying. That was an awkward reunion. Sasuke had to keep his mission a secret. It was cool to see him and Naruto fighting to protect Sarada. They got in a pinch, but Sakura punched the guy in time. You don't mess with her family. It's great to see Team 7 together again. Sin Uchiha wants to revive the Akatsuki. He's quite creepy and learned about his powers. He tried to take Sarada, but Sakura pushed her out and she was taken instead. Looking forward to see Orochimaru next week.
Aug 23, 2017 8:59 AM

Oct 2015
The action and animation in this episode were sub par, and this episode spent quite a lot of time flashing back. I'm excited for the plot to start but it seems like the daily life portion of the show was executed better.
Aug 23, 2017 9:03 AM

Apr 2014
We all knew shin couldn't possibly be defeated in just one episode but they executed it pretty well at the ending taking sakura back to their headquarters. This abduction will make a few episodes I'm guessing
Aug 23, 2017 9:06 AM

Sep 2013
Recap and the animation was cheap.
Naruto and sasuke not going all out and sakura gets herself taken in place of sarada.
Aug 23, 2017 9:35 AM

Apr 2012
Family reunion fail. :/ But Sarada is still my favourite. *-* Akatsuki? Again? Really? I'm not sure how I feel about this...
But what the hell was that long ass recap at the begining? xD
TAKA debut in the next episode OMG!! :D
Aug 23, 2017 9:38 AM

Mar 2013
I guess Naruto and Sasuke couldn't completely ruined someone who wants to revive the Akatsuki within one episode lol, that would've been awesome yet anticlimactic
Mastery through endless repetition.
Aug 23, 2017 9:45 AM

Jul 2017
I was expecting more from team 7 vs shin but the animation was definitely sloppy at some areas.

Well, overall this is enjoyable episode

Looking forward for the next one with Team Taka and transgender guy lmao
Aug 23, 2017 10:52 AM
Jul 2017
the action, sound, and scene changing feels weird. just compare first episode and previous episode action with this one.

it feels like, "there is all main(favorite) character from previous Naruto series, no need good action/battle, save budget, lol".

i hope, this arc will closing with epic battle at least last episode of this arc.
Aug 23, 2017 10:56 AM
Nov 2015
Glad to see some emotion other than teen angst out of Sasuke. I'm curious to see how Sakara and Sasuke work out in the future...I'm guessing in the next episode Sarada and Sasuke will be spending some time together trying to get Sakara back.
Aug 23, 2017 11:12 AM

Nov 2016
Naruto and Sasuke sucked this episode. Time has no mercy XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2017 11:23 AM

May 2010
Whoever wrote the script for this episode should get pushed back in and aborted.

Aug 23, 2017 11:26 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Sarada's meeting with Sasuke is not exactly the happy one that she had expected i bet. Its nice that Sakura managed to regain consciousness. Despite her worry this is something that Sarada has to do to satisfy her desire for the truth after all. As one of Sasuke's oldest friends Sakura knows full well that the Sharingan can also caused sadness and grief as well. Given the mission i guess Sasuke will be angry that Naruto brought children with him. Though it might have helped i don't think telling Sarada about Sasuke's team would have stopped Sarada from looking for Sasuke. Given the family situation its a given that Sarada must have been really lonely thus causing her sharingan to awaken. The poor girl. Sasuke's nature really makes the situation even worst though. So while Naruto guilds Sasuke tracks and eliminates threats from the shadow then. So the goal of the enemy is the revival of Akatsuki then.

Guess the real fight begins this time with a frontal assault by the enemy commander. That guy had nothing on Sasuke and Naruto's team-up though. To think that he will use his own son as a shield how cruel. So this guy is able to take control of people's weapons by touch then now thats scary. But man thats one hell of a time for Sakura to arrive though. Of course she will be angry seeing her husband and daughter being attacked by this dude. Sarada's reaction at seeing Naruto pull the sword out though. Its nice that in the end both Sakura and Sasuke realize that they were wrong not to tell her. But man that was one hell of a comeback for that dude though.
Aug 23, 2017 12:05 PM
Dec 2016
So...this episode they totally ruined the people pictures about Naruto and Sasuke fighting skills...it seems that they are as strong as once in the chuunin exams...and Sakura is the strongest member of team 7...this show is keep ruining the bright future what we hoped in the original series...finally we got it and here this show...destroys everything
Aug 23, 2017 1:03 PM
Sep 2016
3/5 for me. Episode was good but Naruto and Sasuke felt weak and stiff. Wish we could see them get a little more serious in the next few episodes.
Aug 23, 2017 1:43 PM

Jan 2008
Well the fighting was extremely lack luster but aside from that, nice to see the gang together again, even if only for a little bit.
Aug 23, 2017 2:05 PM

Feb 2012
Heheh that was really awkward, especially the entire fight sequence. You have Naruto and Sasuke over there the most OP characters in the Shinobi world and then on the other side dude throwing some iron knifes at them lel.

Looking forward to next episode with Oro and Suigetsu coming back.
Aug 23, 2017 3:05 PM

Aug 2015
Akatsuki again? Uuuh Why would he want to revive akatsuki? I'm confused
JokucAug 23, 2017 3:24 PM
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Aug 23, 2017 3:17 PM

Sep 2010
Had to laugh tho at when Naruto pulled the sword out like nothing xD "Its okay, Sasuke stabbed me tons of times, I'm used to it." Kurama disappointed how rusty he's gotten with his power lel
Aug 23, 2017 8:25 PM

Mar 2016
I'm so disappointed...where to begin...the interaction between Sasuke and Sarada was predictable and basic but I don't really have any complaints with that part of the episode overall.

My real problem was with the horrible action sequences involving Sasuke and Naruto vs Shin...I mean did the staff animating the fights just phone it in this episode or what? The action was poorly animated with slow low-quality movement that felt like watching two nobody ninjas fighting not you know the TWO STRONGEST CHARACTERS IN THE ANIME!!! There was just no care in the way the fight was directed or animated and it was just so disappointing to watch as a fan!

The writing of this episode was also at fult...it too just felt half-assed and poorly done. I AM NOT A SAKARA HATER...BUT you can't have a bad guy like Shin come into the picture and stab Naruto with Sasuke's blade (BTW this is what I'm talking about when I say they're making Naruto look lame and weak) and then have Shin hit Sasuke with multiple blades injuring him (Again WTF! Sasuke couldn't have blocked those blades any other way than going full Neji! OH I KNOW! Maybe use Susanoo or Almighty Push or a clone or substitution or or or or DO YOU GET THE POINT YET!!!) You can't punk the two strongest characters like that and then have Sakara come out of nowhere and flatten the bad guy in one shot...It defeats Shin's threat as a bad guy and makes Naruto and Susuke look that much worse...like if I hadn't watched the original series I would think Naruto and Sasuke are overhyped ninja that are basic in reality and no different in strength than ninja like Shino/Konohamaru/Shikamaru/or Sakura...BUT THAT IS WRONG!!!

Sorry to rant here but this episode had the potential to be really good and I was excited...but it was so poorly done with such laziness and incompetence that it almost brings the whole Boruto anime down a notch...so disappointing!

I hope things improve and show more care and heart in the future...please
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Aug 23, 2017 9:27 PM

Jul 2017
Lord_of_Anime said:
I'm so disappointed...where to begin...the interaction between Sasuke and Sarada was predictable and basic but I don't really have any complaints with that part of the episode overall.

My real problem was with the horrible action sequences involving Sasuke and Naruto vs Shin...I mean did the staff animating the fights just phone it in this episode or what? The action was poorly animated with slow low-quality movement that felt like watching two nobody ninjas fighting not you know the TWO STRONGEST CHARACTERS IN THE ANIME!!! There was just no care in the way the fight was directed or animated and it was just so disappointing to watch as a fan!

The writing of this episode was also at fult...it too just felt half-assed and poorly done. I AM NOT A SAKARA HATER...BUT you can't have a bad guy like Shin come into the picture and stab Naruto with Sasuke's blade (BTW this is what I'm talking about when I say they're making Naruto look lame and weak) and then have Shin hit Sasuke with multiple blades injuring him (Again WTF! Sasuke couldn't have blocked those blades any other way than going full Neji! OH I KNOW! Maybe use Susanoo or Almighty Push or a clone or substitution or or or or DO YOU GET THE POINT YET!!!) You can't punk the two strongest characters like that and then have Sakara come out of nowhere and flatten the bad guy in one shot...It defeats Shin's threat as a bad guy and makes Naruto and Susuke look that much worse...like if I hadn't watched the original series I would think Naruto and Sasuke are overhyped ninja that are basic in reality and no different in strength than ninja like Shino/Konohamaru/Shikamaru/or Sakura...BUT THAT IS WRONG!!!

Sorry to rant here but this episode had the potential to be really good and I was excited...but it was so poorly done with such laziness and incompetence that it almost brings the whole Boruto anime down a notch...so disappointing!

Lord_of_Anime said:

Not the best animation wise, I was expecting that fight too, but i heard someone that you've to wait until ep 23, this will supposedly be movie quality as they said, since one of the top animators is working on it, i just hope it delivers
Aug 23, 2017 9:33 PM

Mar 2016
[quote=adzshamz message=52051637]
Lord_of_Anime said:
Not the best animation wise, I was expecting that fight too, but i heard someone that you've to wait until ep 23, this will supposedly be movie quality as they said, since one of the top animators is working on it, i just hope it delivers

I hope you are right! It's just hard to watch them make the two best characters look so lame!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Aug 23, 2017 10:36 PM

Jan 2013
I remember being disappointed with how the fight turned out in the manga too. Should have gone much smoother.
Aug 23, 2017 11:47 PM

Apr 2011
DonWeezing said:
3/5 for me. Episode was good but Naruto and Sasuke felt weak and stiff. Wish we could see them get a little more serious in the next few episodes.

Naruto's basically a desk employee, so it makes sense he got weaker
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.