Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku' Staff Members Announced [Update 8/10]

New
Aug 7, 2017 2:30 AM

Nov 2007
An official website for the previously announced Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku TV anime has opened and announced the anime's director and production studio, as well as revealed a key visual (shown right).

Staff
Director: Shin Oonuma (Anne Happy♪)
Studio: Silver Link.

Official site: http://deathma-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @deathma_anime

Source: animate Times

Update August 10

PV
SnowAug 17, 2017 12:50 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 7, 2017 2:36 AM

Jul 2015
another isekai ... ok

there is 5 main female characters lol
can someone tell me who is the main love interest or there is no romance?
Aug 7, 2017 2:47 AM

Apr 2016
"Isekai" again, and another ridiculously long name, yeah this will be...
tragedydesu said:
another isekai ... ok

Oh c'mon man, don't pretend you didn't know how Japanese light novels works xD
Aug 7, 2017 2:47 AM

Feb 2010
I'm reading the manga and I can only see Kirito from him
tragedydesu said:
another isekai ... ok

"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Aug 7, 2017 2:48 AM

Jan 2013
It sounds like such a blatant SAO ripp-off, I think I'll watch it for lolz.
Aug 7, 2017 2:49 AM

May 2015
silver links take on the genre.will see it

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Aug 7, 2017 2:51 AM

Jan 2013
Isekai
Silver Link

You know what, I don't think they're even trying anymore. I'm glad I missed the original announcement for this, since I didn't think my hope for this studio could fall any lower.
Aug 7, 2017 2:56 AM

Jul 2015
@Swagernator
lol , you're right ...

@Cashdax
thx for the information
Aug 7, 2017 3:01 AM

Oct 2014
tragedydesu said:
another isekai ... ok

In the webnovel, the protagonist's current one true love interest is actually...

However as far as him having sex goes...

Can't wait to see, if @Fai will comment here. Hate because another supposedly (probably, according to him) "trashy" isekai WN/LN without even having read it, or will he go like "Oh, it's director Shin Oonuma with studio Silver Link who did Prisma Illya! This will be a masterpiece!" I can't wait to find out. But the odds usually favor negativity in his case.
Grey-ZoneAug 7, 2017 3:09 AM
Aug 7, 2017 3:11 AM

Jul 2015
@Grey-Zone
Oh i see thx

Aug 7, 2017 3:20 AM

Oct 2014
tragedydesu said:
@Grey-Zone
Oh i see thx

Well... it's a bit complex...

It's one of those series with a lot, and i mean A LOT of world-building involved. So it really isn't easy to answer such questions.

I'd go as far as to say that this is probably the one isekai OP-MC WN with the most world building in existence.
Grey-ZoneAug 7, 2017 3:25 AM
Aug 7, 2017 3:34 AM

Jul 2015
@Grey-Zone
yep .. this looks complex lol
thx for replies and sorry for asking too much
Aug 7, 2017 3:37 AM

Oct 2014
tragedydesu said:
@Grey-Zone
yep .. this looks complex lol
thx for replies and sorry for asking too much

np, but this series will probably not even get that far to even reach his main love interest. Escpacially if it's only 13 or so episodes.

The show is...

too short to get your common sense obliterated...
...too long to hallucinate that this is an action series...
...just right for a sight-seeing slice-of-life cooking series.

EDIT: OH, look at that! Those who know about how every LN cover shows Liza, Pochi and Tama somewhere, it applies to this image as well! I didn't even notice at first!
Grey-ZoneAug 7, 2017 3:46 AM
Aug 7, 2017 4:31 AM

Oct 2015
Cant wait for this to watch really loved the manga befor i stopped reading cuz i didnt want to spoil myself ^^ Hope they soon announce which season it will air :)
Aug 7, 2017 4:37 AM

Mar 2015
Grey-Zone said:
tragedydesu said:
@Grey-Zone
Oh i see thx

Well... it's a bit complex...

It's one of those series with a lot, and i mean A LOT of world-building involved. So it really isn't easy to answer such questions.

I'd go as far as to say that this is probably the one isekai OP-MC WN with the most world building in existence.

arent he goes to brothels occasionally since like first volume tho?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 7, 2017 5:05 AM
Jul 2018
Well this seems simple enough because I am personally interested in this. I heard it's pretty comfy and quite nice from some readers.

The fact that Ounuma is in this project (which is my favorite director or one of my favorite directors) makes it better imo.

Although will look into more info about the staff because they only announced one (didn't announced the series composition etc).
Aug 7, 2017 5:42 AM
Jul 2017
Cant wait... The news doesnt mention any release date. How long normally an anime gets aired after they announce staff members?
Aug 7, 2017 6:10 AM

Apr 2017
Look the New lamest Isekai I've ever to pandering about..

Seriously why this?..

The premises of this novel is too BLAND

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Aug 7, 2017 6:31 AM
Jul 2018
The synopsis of the LN is so meh. Key visual is stunning, that's for sure.
Aug 7, 2017 7:25 AM

Jun 2014
Beautiful insta-drop.

Aug 7, 2017 9:12 AM

Dec 2015
Sounds like SAO, hopefully it'll be better though.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 7, 2017 3:48 PM

Feb 2016
Good job Japan, we need more shitty harems with Kirito protagonists. So much fun.
Aug 7, 2017 5:03 PM

Feb 2010
The promo art reminds me of my favourite painting

“Read as little as possible of critical or aesthetic works. They are either products of a close-minded spirit, petrified and devoid of meaning in their lifeless hardening, or clever verbal games [...]. Works of art are of an infinite solitude; nothing is worse than criticism for approaching them. Only love can grasp them, keep them, be just toward them. Always give precedence to your own feeling against these analyses, these reviews, these introductions. [...] You must let every impression, every seed of feeling, ripen within you, in the dark, in the inexpressible, in the unconscious, those regions closed to understanding. Wait with humility and patience for the hour of the birth of a new clarity. Art demands of its faithful followers as much as of its creators.”
— RAINER-MARIA Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet (letter dated April 23, 1903).
Aug 7, 2017 8:41 PM

Aug 2015
tragedydesu said:
another isekai ... ok

There's around 3x more than 5 girls who travel with him and/or fall for him, though he doesn't make a move on any of them because he's either not interested or others in the group stop him from doing anything. He reincarnates into an age 15 body but is 29 mentally, so he's into older women and mainly sleeps with courtesans that age. It's one of the better Isekai stories out there, but still an Isekai story with a lot of the same tropes (I read the first 7 Web Novels).

Still, Shin Onuma as director, wonder if he'll direct it normally or inject some Akiyuki Shinbo-ness into it? It's a series that really doesn't need any of that embellishment, though he's unpredictable when it comes to that.
Aug 7, 2017 8:42 PM

Sep 2009
Isekai light novels such cancer to Japan. RIP Nippon, you will be missed.
tragedydesu said:
another isekai ... ok

There's no romance, they just play house.
MortalMelancholyAug 7, 2017 9:01 PM
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Aug 8, 2017 4:49 AM

Aug 2015
Are the Japanese playing this new game called "whoever can adapt the shittiest isekai story wins"? I get that they want to cash in on the isekai hype (a bit late though), but has any one of them ever read what they're trying to adapt?
Aug 8, 2017 5:10 AM

May 2010
Whoa, reading some of spoilers and comments made me wanna watch it :o I guess I'll wait to check some more key visuals first.
Aug 8, 2017 8:24 AM
Jul 2018
Only read around 3 chapters of the manga after seeing the news since I wanna go and check the stuff or info out.

It's not anything very special at face value, but for what it does its pretty nice in all honesty.
Aug 8, 2017 9:25 PM

Jul 2013
I. Just. Want. Rimuru. Tempest. And. Kumo-chan. To. Become. Anime. Characters. Give. Me. The. Good. Isekai. Pls.
Aug 10, 2017 2:18 AM

Nov 2007
PV Released
Aug 10, 2017 2:40 AM
Aug 2016
tsubasalover said:
PV Released

the cg looks... ugh. hope it won't affect any other good part of this story
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2017 5:40 AM

Oct 2014
Oh by the way, I forgot to say that the MC was actually an adult, but his body regressed into the 15-year-old state you see in the trailer once he came into the different world. Also less than half of his regular traveling companions are even interested in him as a member of the opposite sex. And the protagonist himself at this point rejects any advances toward him by his companions.

Also the trailer gives me hope that the right atmosphere gets conveyed. The focus being the aestetics of the surroundings, in other words "sight-seeing". It's a little worrying that the food is missing though. After all Death March is a sight-seeing AND cooking story.

And btw, this story is absolutely "anti-edge". Aside from a single plot point the anime will most certainly not reach, there is no drama here that doesn't get almost immidietly resolved.

tsubasalover said:
PV Released
[-yt-]0NzZvYIyb0c[-/yt-]

Shouldn't the PV warrant a new news entry/news discussion thread? Most people might not even notice that a PV has actually been released. Not even the title of this thread says anything about it.
Grey-ZoneAug 10, 2017 5:57 AM
Aug 10, 2017 6:34 AM

Nov 2007
@Grey-Zone
1. This news and PV release are 4 days difference. To warrant a new news discussion would be after 1 week.
2. PV that released a week after the last news would go to Weekly PV Collection forum, not individual news entry.
tsubasaloverAug 10, 2017 11:33 PM
Aug 10, 2017 6:53 AM

Jun 2014
LMAO, this is one of the worst PV's I've seen. I know the standards are low for these kinds of series, but come on man. What was that, a cardboard cutout scene?
:3
Aug 10, 2017 8:50 AM

Jun 2008
Kinda wish it was an epic new fantasy show. Not a light novel adaptation..
Aug 13, 2017 8:03 AM

Jul 2012
And here I'm waiting for a Mushoku Tensei anime.. Well, if they get far enough, the plot gets pretty interesting.
Aug 13, 2017 8:29 AM

Sep 2012
Music from the que-line at a pirate themed ride at an amusement park and visuals that look straight from a Nintendo DS, and that's even before the 9 harem waifus and "totally not kirito" show up.

God damn this looks like garbage.
Aug 13, 2017 10:38 AM

Oct 2014
Red_Keys said:
Music from the que-line at a pirate themed ride at an amusement park and visuals that look straight from a Nintendo DS, and that's even before the 9 harem waifus and "totally not kirito" show up.

God damn this looks like garbage.

The problem with Kirito was that he was inconsistent. He was portrayed as both a lone-wolf type but also as super communicative at other times. And while he was portrayed to be a "OP MC Gary Stu teenager" with his whole "beater" background, he was still involved in excessive drama and even showed many signs of "edginess". All of this makes him seem like a shallow character who always has the character that happens to fit the current part of the story at the author's convenience.

Satou from Death March on the other hand is consistent and has none of the problems Kirito had. In the first place, Satou is mentally an adult. More than half of the girls that travel with him, up until the current WN RAWs show no indication of any interest in the MC as a member of the opposite sex and the MC himself rejects those who are interested in him because they are too young and is only romantically interested in 1 person who is not part of his regular entourage. He is OP from the beginning but that's no problem, because it isn't an action story, but rather a semi-episodic slice-of-life story in a fantasy setting with RPG-elements.
Aug 13, 2017 11:52 AM

Jul 2013
The more isekai anime being produce, the more that I miss the LN Battle harems at least with them it's a good guilty pleasure.

More topics from this board

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - Yesterday

0 by Aiimee »»
Yesterday, 10:47 AM

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

17 by Synrax »»
Yesterday, 10:30 AM

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

0 by DatRandomDude »»
Yesterday, 8:56 AM

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

8 by DARM11 »»
Yesterday, 6:53 AM

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 4

2 by deg »»
Yesterday, 5:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.