Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Sep 10, 2013 4:16 PM

Aug 2012
OK , now i really want to finish this to get some answers , how the fuck are those people functioning? In the first arc Rena was a psycho bitch and now she seemed normal and Mio was possesed , and Shino was , i don't even know anymore . Now im really curious to see the next arc.
Sep 14, 2013 7:00 PM
May 2010
Meh. I don't find series creepy or scary at all.
And I don't really like the idea of demons to explain why do they kill people. I'd prefer them to be just disordered maniacs. And I don't like this uncertainty of Mion like "I'm going to kill you"/"Nuh, just kidding".

Hopefully the next arc will get more interesting. The first arc was better imo.
Nov 16, 2013 10:42 AM

Jun 2013
Things that trigger Keiichi's death flag are adding up.
So far:
> Assisting Ooishi-san. 'Cause that old dude doesn't care what happens as long as he gets results.
> Suspecting/angering or lying to Rena. Once she gets that cleaver the Higurashi will cry.
> Not keeping Mion happy. It's pretty much clear now that he needs to start dating this one or something so the demon doesn't awaken.
Nov 29, 2013 4:22 PM

Dec 2012
Before the end of the episode I was about to say Keichi's plot armor was impenetrable... I spoke too soon apparently 0_0
Dec 27, 2013 12:03 AM

Jul 2008
So wait, there are 3 or 4 of them? She died and yet there she was? This makes no freaking sense.
Jan 4, 2014 1:11 AM

Aug 2013
My brain hurts.
Jan 11, 2014 2:57 AM
May 2013
She warned him to stay away from her...
I like this Rena , she is smart , calm and most important is sane.
Jan 11, 2014 1:39 PM

Aug 2013
Holy shit, what the fuck happened. I was ready to see him tortured, but eh, in the end he didn't got tortured. It was good anyway.

I don't understand the scene at the beginning of this itteration. I rewatched it and I still don't understand why Rika killed herself with a knife. Or was it not in that arc?

Also, who was it at the end? Mion, Shion or Mion ghost? I mean both were dead and Oishi said that there was a bit too much walking corpses. I'm not sure anymore in what consist the malediction.

Rena in this arc was acting too much normal, it almost disturb me.

Here's what we know though :

- Takano, the nurse that accompanied the photographer to the Watanagashi, was in fact already dead. Was it a fake one, an imposter?

- Mion and Shion are part of a Yakuza family that worship a demon (forgot his name). Mion is bear the mark of the demon, designating her has the next family leader. Are her parents dead? She said during the episode that she was now the leader. And it's been a while since I remarked that during the OP, when we see the two sister facing herself in water, the one that look like Mion have a weird scar/tattoo in the back, it surely is this mark.

- Rika and Satoko family were both killed by the malediction. Maybe that's why they got killed. Mion was screaming on the ladder that they were cursed.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 17, 2014 2:39 AM

Sep 2013
Looks like this thread broke... (redirecting to pg 1, hopefully this fixes)

Fuck that last scene
Mar 28, 2014 9:30 AM

Apr 2011
Montrovant1488 said:

I really got confused, Mion was the culprit, but when they visited her in the shrine, she spoke in third person, so I totally got confused over who was talking, Mion, Shion, or the demon?

I think it's both Mion and the demon, as until she stuns Keiichi, she fought it for control (the resistance to killing Keiichi). She also told Keiichi to stay away because if he saw her again the demon would be possessing her dead body. This probably IS what happened to Takako, and the photography dude somehow triggered it.

The first two arcs kinda gave me the idea that the tragic fates will always be avoidable. In arc one, Keiichi began to behave like Satoshi. In arc two he didn't give Mion the doll AND he didn't stay away from Mion like she told him to. (These are beyond angering this Oyashima dude initially).
Apr 14, 2014 1:44 PM

Feb 2014
that was a really bad idea watching this before i go to sleep -.- but that's what amusing in horror : p when Mion called keichii from his house, i suddenly felt that this idiot shouldn't go and talk to her i mean she sais DON'T COME CLOSER TO ME and then BAM she stabbed him, like i kinda expected that. But i didn't know there were zombies in this anime, i mean coming back after death, that's cool dude, no wonder no one was able to solve that arc from the second part

Apr 17, 2014 5:17 AM

Jun 2011
So this is the last of this arc, and.. what exactly happened? Did Keiichi really die at the end? Was it a demon who committed all these crimes? What happened to Shion? Mion is the one who died in the well, and Mion was the one in the cell while Shion was the one who knocked Keiichi out? Shion is also the one who died from jumping down the building? o.O Confused as fuck.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 23, 2014 10:15 AM
Feb 2013
Holy sh**, I knew that doll thing was going to come back into play. Seriously, who and how was the person that made this able to come up with this stuff. It is brilliant.
Apr 28, 2014 1:31 AM

Jan 2014
So I thought semi-well, the city is a huge sect.
And who breaks some rules, as long as outsiders, get tortured and killed by the main families who (as they say) have a demon sleep within them, that Oyashiro-Sama guy.
So, Mion was jealous to Rena and the demon got that emotional breach and got out, beginning to make Mion kill those people.
But.
At the end, the cop said that that Cotton night, Tanako was already dead, so she, as a demon, lured them in and gave himself the pretest for killing people.

We're not sure if Keiichi really died at the end, but I guess no, because a torture like that requires some time, and it's impossible that no one heard Keiichi screaming, unless Mion/Oyashima already stabbed him and such.
At the end, Mion was only a vehicle for the demon to take act..
Apr 28, 2014 6:10 PM
Feb 2013
Zelgadis94 said:
So I thought semi-well, the city is a huge sect.
And who breaks some rules, as long as outsiders, get tortured and killed by the main families who (as they say) have a demon sleep within them, that Oyashiro-Sama guy.
So, Mion was jealous to Rena and the demon got that emotional breach and got out, beginning to make Mion kill those people.
But.
At the end, the cop said that that Cotton night, Tanako was already dead, so she, as a demon, lured them in and gave himself the pretest for killing people.

We're not sure if Keiichi really died at the end, but I guess no, because a torture like that requires some time, and it's impossible that no one heard Keiichi screaming, unless Mion/Oyashima already stabbed him and such.
At the end, Mion was only a vehicle for the demon to take act..

Based on a visual novel and that as apparently one of the bad endings, don't worry it'll make more sense later.
Apr 29, 2014 1:15 PM

Apr 2014
Till now this anime is a real WTF.
It reminds me of the anime Amnesia and Another. Another bc it's about a curse where lots of people die, Amnesia because of all these arcs. I bet everything in this anime gets explained in the end, just like Amnesia and Another.

The way Keichii got killed really disappointed me, I thought he was getting tortured, but instead he got stabbed, and after that he was still alive and you're still not sure if he's dead yet.. I'm a sadistic bitch, I prefer tortured characters hehe.. >:3
Apr 29, 2014 1:23 PM

Apr 2014
kaident133 said:
So confused at the ending!!! So right after kei was finished talking to the oldman, Mion(ogre) pops out and kills him?
I Also know that Mion (possessed or not, still crazy in my book!) and Rena was crazy since the first arc but how come Rena seemed like a totally normal in this arc? o.o

I bet every arc tells another story, and every arc is another reality. Like a parallel universe or something. That's probably the reason why Rena was a normal girl in this arc. I haven't seen the next arc yet but I think one of the other friends is possessed by an ogre this time..
I hope this'll make you understand more; but I think that in the end of this season everything'll be explained, if not, they'll explain in season 2! :)
May 2, 2014 4:23 AM

Jan 2014
Tetracycline said:
My brain hurts.
May 2, 2014 10:26 PM
Apr 2014
I think this is the end of the second arc - without spoilers, do they ever connect besides just eventually fleshing out the history of the curse etc.?

As much as I like the characters, I dislike the universe resetting every few episodes unless its COMPLETELY necessary in order to blow my mind later. The universe resets' discontinuity is distancing me from the characters and there's stuff on my watch list I'd like to get to :)

The horror quirks make me giggle but I don't care about the characters anymore after 2 universe resets... dropped.
May 18, 2014 11:13 PM
Jun 2013
laughmore said:
I think this is the end of the second arc - without spoilers, do they ever connect besides just eventually fleshing out the history of the curse etc.?

As much as I like the characters, I dislike the universe resetting every few episodes unless its COMPLETELY necessary in order to blow my mind later. The universe resets' discontinuity is distancing me from the characters and there's stuff on my watch list I'd like to get to :)

The horror quirks make me giggle but I don't care about the characters anymore after 2 universe resets... dropped.

At least its not resetting like Endless eights,

As for the episode, Just wow, this episode gave me such a chill, especially when she was about to smashed the hammer in the dungeon
May 24, 2014 6:55 AM

Oct 2013
Damn, I think the first arc was better than this one. This episode literally made no sense whatsoever. I had this theory that there would be a plot twist at the end and that Mion was actually Shion all along and will kill him at the end but the hospital scene doesn't fit into the theory... :/

It also felt strange that Rena was so normal in this arc XD If Rena is not psychotic she seems out of character lol
Jun 19, 2014 7:32 AM

Feb 2014
This show definitely is not scary, its definitely messed up and gory for anime standards
Jul 6, 2014 9:48 PM
Feb 2014
Yup, don't really get half that's happening. Guess that one review that basically summed this up as "Your the scientist and you're watching all the control variables change".

Doubtful that he died in this, I wonder how hard it actually is to nail someones joint while on a giant sponge mattress while soaked in blood. Clearly broke a finger but that'd be that.
Jul 7, 2014 5:09 PM

Jul 2014
cool anime. Very scary tho
Jul 31, 2014 2:09 PM
Jul 2014
what is going on? lol
Aug 18, 2014 1:06 AM
Dec 2011
there is rena and other men are behind this chapter as well like its always will be :3 they are conducting this to happen /// this village doesn't like outsiders (keiichi is a outsider) will do anything to get rid of them because they use to call them DEMONS that's why :3
Oct 20, 2014 5:31 PM

May 2014
Well i guess this time Rena was a good girl, which i liked that fact.
Since Mion cant really die then
*shrugs*
Oct 20, 2014 5:45 PM
Mar 2014
I honestly enjoyed this arc more than the first one. This one gave me new insight on Mion,and I prefer her and Shion over Keiichi.
Still, was the nail really necessary, Mion? Or Shion? I don't even know anymore.
Oct 25, 2014 2:26 AM

Nov 2013
Why did Shion kill herself? How did Mion manage to attack Keiichi when her body was supposedly in the well? So Takano was actually a walking corpse possessed by Oyashiro showing Keiichi and Shion the ritual tool shed? Then why did her living corpse burn when she already died 24 hours ago? Why was Keiichi such an idiot following Mion to the torture chamber when she killed Rika and Satoko? How did that doll have an effect on Mion? Did the doll have some supernatural powers that caused a demon to awake within her? Most importantly, what was the point of that blood bath at the beginning of the arc? MINDFUCKING PLOTS!

There goes all my sleep...

I can only bear to watch 1 arc per night cause this shit will fry your brain if you try to comprehend it for too long.
FunnyRatmanOct 25, 2014 2:36 AM

Oct 25, 2014 2:32 AM

Nov 2013
Spacebar said:
ukonkivi said:
I believe that finger stabbing scene triggered a masochistic part of my sexuality. -__-

No shit ? Same for me, i can't believe myself tho. It just triggered =
Mion during that torture scene was fucking hot...until I saw her at the end then I was like NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.

Oct 25, 2014 2:33 AM

Nov 2013
Aniki1990 said:
So is Maebara gonna be killed at the end of each arc somehow? Poor dude.
And here I was freaking out cuz I thought he was gonna be crucified (in a sense). I stomach was twisting.
He deserves it for being one of the dumbest main characters I've ever seen.

Oct 25, 2014 6:39 AM

Jun 2014
Watching this anime feels like watching someone playing a VN while he trys to unlock the true ending.
Dec 29, 2014 6:54 AM

Dec 2014
Seiko said:
Ok, so here's my possible solution.

Now, I believe the "Demon" was actually Oyashiro-sama. Because the whole story is about the curse of Oyashiro-sama.

Then again, Oyashiro-sama isn't human, so he could be more than 1 individual, meaning he could also have been the demon who took over Mion's body. I believe this explains why the demon Mion was still alive, while the real Mion was lying dead in the well.

I agree. Also during the end hospital scene Demon Mion as I call it, is a spirit so It can be anywhere at anytime. It looks physical but that is only our human perception of it. hope that makes sense.

patient_senses said:
I didn't like this arc as much as the last one. Keichii was so stupid to follow Mion in the first place. Rena and Keichii were just acting like everything was normal, they were still friends. Mion killed their two other friends, she even admitted to it, why were they acting so damn normal.

And the whole them being killed before the last time they were seen doesn't make much sense to me. My mind is still too busy trying to wrap that last scene. Im getting the creeps just thinking about it.

At the end Keichii goes outside to speak with Mion wtf why did he do that? Even Demon Mion said,in the torture chamber, "if you survive and see me after this, get away from me, as far as possible" (something like that) so he didnt even take Its advice. I'm even not mad he got stabbed lol that was so disappointing, like c'mon man.

Them being killed before the last time they were seen... hmmm people are seeeing their spirits/ghost? I don't know.Great question. Actaully! They are dead and the Demon/curse Oyashiro-sama takes over the body temporarily... doing evil things before moving onto to other people and evil deeds.

BBundaegi said:
Seriously what was the point of the opening scene for episode 5? Where does Rika killing herself fit into the arch?

Also I think Mion and Demon Mion are in the same body. When the police raided the place, Mion jumped into the well as well and "died". As Mion said or Demon Mion, "the next time you see me, stay away because I will be only a corpse that a demon possess" or somewhat.

The thing about the nails to each joint is probably just the start of her method because she did say that they were killed in the most cruel and agonizing death. As a demon, I think he knows how to kill someone ... and with that, I think Keiichi is dead =(

Rika killing herself is a foreshadow of another arc.
YES! Mion and Demon Mion are in the same body. Great deduction on the Mion threw herself in a well part.. I hadn't worked that out yet.

Merril said:
My guess is that Mion killed Shion the night in the basement, and put her in the well. Then Mion dressed up like Shion and was carried out on the gurney. The next time Oyashiro was able to control her body he stabbed Keiichi, not sure what evokes his power of control yet. After he lost his control Mion realized what she had done to Keiichi and killed herself. But being dead doesn't keep Oyashiro from controlling her body one last time to complete the yearly curse.

WOW! You really put thought into this fantastic Idea.

EXCEPT Most people agree that Shion is evil and dressed up as Mion. Locked Mion away (dressed as Shion) and almost tortured Keichii. Then threw Mion in the well and escaped (dressed) as Shion, on the gourney. Stabbed Keichii and then went to the hospital to finish him off. ONE THING though... Demon Shion had blood on her face in the last scene at the hospital indicating falling from the window (Shion suicide/possible murder) earlier...? OR from falling in the well? (Mion Suicide/possible murder)
LV_DawnDec 29, 2014 7:16 AM
Please add something new to the Thread. If you are just going to agree with everyone else, and not add anything significant, Please do NOT re-post/re-word/repeat what someone else has said. I hate reading 9pgs of parrots and copycats. #BEORIGINAL
Jan 6, 2015 7:32 AM

Aug 2014
and there i was thinking that Keiichi was smart after watching the first arc, another anime with a stupid mc, meh
Jan 23, 2015 11:19 PM

Aug 2014
Keiichi is an idiot in this arc. First he agrees to take a walk with Mion after it was revealed that it was actually some demon that is in control of her body. Gets lead to a torture room and then pinned down....

Even after being rescued he still goes outside to meet her in the middle of the night knowing that it is no longer Mion and gets stabbed. I feel he was a lot smarter and cared about his safety in the previous arc (slamming Rena fingers against the door, walking around with the baseball bat etc)
Jan 24, 2015 12:23 PM

Jan 2014
Okay this anime makes absolutely no sense wtf. I'm not even gonna try and understand the whole dead people walking around thing, but the character development is terrible. People's actions make no sense, it's like I'm watching bad acting sometimes too. Which is such a fail since this is animated, there shouldn't be any bad acting with facial expressions -_- I've given up on this show, it seems people only rate it high for the shock value
Jan 31, 2015 5:29 PM

Dec 2014
Okay.. I just rewatched this episode and I don't get the last scene...

Don't read if you want to avoid spoilers from another arc.

LeMastaJan 31, 2015 5:37 PM
Mar 21, 2015 11:35 AM

Jun 2013
Pretty good. But everyone except Rena was such an idiot. What happened to her, anyway?
Mar 21, 2015 2:38 PM
Nov 2014
Dat last scene mang.

Scared the shit out of me.
Mar 28, 2015 9:41 AM
Mar 2013
crazy people doing crazy things.
Mar 28, 2015 8:19 PM
Mar 2015
SOLVED IT! :)

So it's quite simple, the thing is the person that was in the cell was actually MION and not SHION.

The one that threw the boulder onto Keiichi was actually Shion (putting in mind that Mion is the one in the cell) One thing that supports this is in the same episode if you recall Mion saying "I think I know why Mion liked you now." even though she "is Mion". (no she isn't)

After Keiichi got tied up and nearly tortured his friend Rena comes in to save him only to find him knocked out and tasered so the medics come in and pull out what looks like to be Keiichi and Shion which she was in the cell. (keep in mind it was Mion in the cell and NOT Shion)

BUT heres the catch a couple days later or so Keiichi gets stabbed by Mion or what he thinks was Mion BUT was actually SHION.

Then after recovering in the hospital Ooishi, Kuraudo (police officer) tells him that Mions dead body was found in the WELL after the cite people had rushed in and in that logic it was NOT Mion that stabbed Keiichi but Shion.

BUT then Ooishi says that SHION was found dead after falling off her apartment from a high height!

Then all of a sudden that last scene you see what Keiichi thinks to be MION but actualy SHION NAIL HIM DOWN. BUT wait they said SHION was found DEAD right?!?! YEAH but LISTEN HOW DID SHE GET TO THE HOSPITAL WHY IS SHE ALL COVERED IN BLOOD??!?! WELL EASY SHE FELL THEY BROUGHT HER TO THE HOSPITAL SHE ACTUALLY LIVED AND CRAWLED TO Keiichi's BED THAT EXPLAINS WHY SHES COVERED IN BLOOD THAT EXPLAINS HOW SHE GOT IN THE HOSPITAL AND UNDER KEIICHI'S BED

THAT EXPLAINS WHY MIONS BODY WAS FOUND UNDER THE WELL BECAUSE THIS WHOLE ENTIRE TIME IT WAS SHION WHICH WAS ACTING AS MION AND AT THE CITE SHION KILLED MION AND THREW HER INTO THE WELL AND THEN WENT BACK AS BEING SHION WHICH SHE ORIGINALLY IS.

HOW DID SHE SURVIVE THE FALL?
A: SHE FAKED IT
B: SHES HALF DEMON

But what really mind fucks me is who the fuck was that lady that looked like Miyo Takano if the real one was already DEAD!?!?!?

Maybe just maybe Ditto is in this anime and this entire time it was Ditto fucking with everyone.

(Now you guys can watch the next episode without hating poor Mion)
David12454Mar 28, 2015 8:31 PM
Apr 22, 2015 12:53 AM

Feb 2013
Well that was confusing, not really sure whats going on anymore. I guess the blonde chick and the Mion at the end were zombies? Either way that ending was AMAZING and this arc was wayyyy better then the first one imo.

Also yes Keiichi is a moron, more so in this arc, but he was still pretty dumb in the first one as well. I loved crazy Mion though, I think shes quickly becoming my favorite character.
May 16, 2015 7:16 AM
Jul 2018
Well, this just got really erratic so I'm not even gonna make assumptions anymore.

I refuse to believe that it was Oyashima-sama's curse or whatever. I think it's just people getting drugged and influenced to believe it was the curse that killed them (Keiichi, first arc).
Jun 3, 2015 12:43 AM

Oct 2013
That ending is enough to keep me awake from sleep all night. Damn, damn you Keiichi you should've given that doll to her.

Rena was a lot likeable in this episode though. :D
Jun 20, 2015 11:59 AM

Oct 2014
So am I right to assume that the twin in the cell is Mion? I gather this must be so as Shion who is dressed and acting as Mion says to herself she can see why Mion likes Keichi which would be odd to talk about herself like that if she was Mion. Am I right here?
Jun 20, 2015 11:10 PM

Feb 2015
Somebody hold me.
Jul 13, 2015 10:00 AM

Feb 2015
This show is all kinds of f**ked up. Wonder who's going to be an ogre next time...
Jul 31, 2015 3:43 PM

Oct 2014
And here I thought Keiichi would get away! Demon Mion captures him, lets him go, stabs him, he lives, the finds him in the hospital and kills him. He has some pretty bad luck!

Poor Rika :(

And Rena was actually not psycho crazy this time! Nice
Aug 1, 2015 9:15 AM

Dec 2013
wtf? zombies? ghost? don't really know.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Aug 15, 2015 9:05 PM

Nov 2014
This just gets more and more confusing... I hope things start to make sense soon
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xo_cl2 - Jan 19, 2008

205 by josh_exe »»
Jan 26, 12:55 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.