Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 21, 2017 5:06 PM

Mar 2008
vanetz said:
OK yes I'm totally in after episode 2.

I actually like Amano because he's just being himself and even though he knows he's not exactly at the top of the "social ladder" he just doesn't give a crap and does his own thing.

Yeah, I can just respect his position. Plus this episode shows that he doesn't mind playing games that involve going up against someone else. Which makes sense since he never said it was his first time playing first person shooters last week. He just doesn't want to play them competitively which is a different thing. I respect him just wanting to do his thing and enjoying games his own way.

If nothing else I'm enjoying the impact this has had on Karen herself. The first shot throwing her off was his rejection of her club twice. Of course that was hard to take so she started following him around to take another shot at it. Then she sees him defending her (club) and clearly showing he doesn't dislike her. Plus there is the appeal of wanting what you can't have. Amano turned her down, thus he crossed to the side of seemingly unobtainable. I could see that combination making her fall for him. If nothing else it's hilarious watching her be so utterly head over heels.

Also I really appreciate how Aguri and Tasuku are far more likable by the end of this episode than I thought they'd be after the first ep. It's a cute thing how they both changed themselves but for different reasons. Took some time but now their relationship can really take off. There's no looking at her the same way again for Tasuku. A simple thing like giving her that stuffed animal, but it's a simple and cute reason for her to have fallen for him in the first place.
Jul 21, 2017 5:24 PM

Nov 2009
This was surprisingly good! I had kind of low expectations for this show but it might just become one of my favs in this season.
Jul 21, 2017 6:49 PM

Apr 2017
Half of the scenario of being an overly ton of geek really reflect from the days where your life ain't really no fun by being getting stabbed by every words from your class which is very a harshful truth but there really much more special when you remember something far more valuable as the time passed.
When the flowers bloom in a spring of youth, All that you could think of it are neither viewing on every fluttering moment by both lovely couple that stalked you on a half year. Being addicted to a game don't actually give you a certain bad vibes, Games can be meaningful through every perspective ways.

5/5

-HippySnob-Jul 21, 2017 6:57 PM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jul 21, 2017 9:30 PM
Jan 2017
RandomCritic said:
Look people, amano is your avarage japanese gamer otaku. A kid secluded to himself with low self esteem which begins to change over tye course of the story. This is what character development is.
He is not a whimp since he defended Tendou from Tasuku's comments.
He is not dense, just have games in his mind and do not think on romance like most otaku are, they live in their fantasy world.
They hate interacting with 3d girls (real girls) because is a waste of time.
You have to be an otaku to understand the mind of an otaku.

Amano is not anti social if he wants to have friends he just doesnt know how to because all he knows iw games.

Amano himself is a bit arrogant because as Tendou prejudiced him and his preferences he also prejudiced the gaming club calling them "no good enough".

Amano is not your average harem mc.

Stop thinking with the mind of a westerner when commenting and analysing japanese culture and their people! Its not the same views! You have to see things from their perspective!

sorry, are you yourself is japanese otaku or people who see anime and thought "oh, so this is japanese culture"

RandomCritic said:
He is not dense, just have games in his mind and do not think on romance like most otaku are, they live in their fantasy world.

can you give example of typical harem dense MC who COMPLETELY doesn't have anything in his mind? becoming otaku isn't a excuse to be dense

RandomCritic said:
He is not a whimp since he defended Tendou from Tasuku's comments.

his act is completely out of his character. he act like a whimp all the time and suddenly almost kill someone because why not? it will make heroine's love more reasonable LOL. and as (self-declared) otaku. i will just ignore it if someone mock me or my hobby, there's no way i have power to push someone that easily in the first place

btw i am not japanese but still asian, so i think (probably) there some similiarity in our culture.
i don't know qualification to be an otaku but i has watch anime since 2012 and doesn't have good social skill (and i am not proud about that)
Jul 21, 2017 10:42 PM

May 2017
someone26 said:
sorry, are you yourself is japanese otaku or people who see anime and thought "oh, so this is japanese culture

I may not be Japanese but I am an otaku. I had been studying about otaku culture for more than 20 years and researched on how are day.
Many people around who had been around them or are ones will understand why Amano acts like he does.
Also the reason Amano is like that is because is a famour genre going on in japan that sells REQUESTED by otaku people.

can you give example of typical harem dense MC who COMPLETELY doesn't have anything in his mind? becoming otaku isn't a excuse to be dense

I do not understand this question. Are you asking me to give you samples of a Mc who reciprocate the feelings of his harem or someone who doesn't think at all?
Also, 90% of otaku are oblivious to things outside what they are into, and that doesn't necesary makes them dense, but just not interested
In this case, Amano is not dense, he is just not interested on things outside games, specially not interested in romance just yet. And in the future you will see how he doesn't "beat around the bunch" with the girls when they are interested in him and viceversa. If you read the LN you will see that he is actually interested in one girl, but right now is more admiration and being a fan of hers. This girl is the one last shown on the epilogue of episode 2.

his act is completely out of his character. he act like a whimp all the time and suddenly almost kill someone because why not? it will make heroine's love more reasonable LOL. and as (self-declared) otaku. i will just ignore it if someone mock me or my hobby, there's no way i have power to push someone that easily in the first place.

First of all, if he was a whimp he would cowardly flinch and scutter when Tasuku confronted him about the gaming club and tendo. Or he would has not confronted tendo and reject her twice. he would had quietly followed her and accepted.
Second, having low self esteem and low confidence in one self doesn't make one a whimp, he is just someone who has no motivation, is your avarage japanese shy boy, is a geek gamer.
Amano has goals and motives and ideal and he didn't let anyone break them. He want to make friends and play games with them not compete in tournaments like he told Tendou Karen and rejected her.
Typical harem Mc would just go gaga and accept her then follows her like a puppy.
But Amano had none of it. And he kept ignoring and refusing tendou for the whole first volumen, because her ideals and his conflict but yet he respects her dedication to her club and games but he is just not interested to join her.

There is a diference between dense and not interested and amano is on the side of "not interested". Like most Otakus doesn't pay attention or are not interested on things outside their circle world of what they like.

Also his outburst and pushing tasuku, you'll be surprise how a person can push something when under adrenaline rush and/or anger. Also Amano had no intention on harming Tasuku; he almost pushing Tasuku down the bridge was completly accidental and he was not aware of it as he had his eyes closed all times so he didn't know he was pushing Tasuku over the edge.
And don't lie to me, if someone bad talk someone you really admire and doesn't deserve it you'll get angry too.
At least, I've been there...
Some otaku had been known to burst in anger when you insult something they admire.

btw i am not japanese but still asian, so i think (probably) there some similarity in our culture.
i don't know qualification to be an otaku but i has watch anime since 2012 and doesn't have good social skill (and i am not proud about that)

Since 2012? I've been an otaku since early 1990s ever since i started in the world of japanese media and arts.
I also been researching japan for 10 years.
So I know what I am talking about, and I can empathize with them otakus, even if I do not agree or approve on certain behaviors they had obtained in modern times.

And for what i understand, 90% of otakus in japan are like amano. The other 10% are like Tasuku.
And 80% of modern Japanese men are shy and timid by nature.
ThatRandomDudeJul 21, 2017 10:53 PM
Jul 21, 2017 11:05 PM

May 2017
FlareKnight said:

Yeah, I can just respect his position. Plus this episode shows that he doesn't mind playing games that involve going up against someone else. Which makes sense since he never said it was his first time playing first person shooters last week. He just doesn't want to play them competitively which is a different thing. I respect him just wanting to do his thing and enjoying games his own way.

totally agree with you.

If nothing else I'm enjoying the impact this has had on Karen herself. The first shot throwing her off was his rejection of her club twice. Of course that was hard to take so she started following him around to take another shot at it. Then she sees him defending her (club) and clearly showing he doesn't dislike her. Plus there is the appeal of wanting what you can't have. Amano turned her down, thus he crossed to the side of seemingly unobtainable. I could see that combination making her fall for him. If nothing else it's hilarious watching her be so utterly head over heels.

Yep; like i mentioned before, its the scenario of a sheltered spoiled princess that every men is a "yes man" to and do what ever she says but this one man rejected her which threw her down a loop and kind of thought he was cool.
(Funny, other women would get offended and try to get back at him in revenge and retaliation for refusing him but tendou is a kind girl by nature, even if I hate her for prejudicing his games)
Then, when Amano defended her (and club) from Tasuku, her admiration grew into infatuation as in her mind he "became sooo coool!!!!" like a Knight in shiny console(armor), and became his groupie stalker, (Not to mention Tasuku's comment to her that both she and Amano makes a cute couple, which threw her down another loop).
(believe me, her stalking has not ended yet, now it will be worst).

Also I really appreciate how Aguri and Tasuku are far more likable by the end of this episode than I thought they'd be after the first ep. It's a cute thing how they both changed themselves but for different reasons. Took some time but now their relationship can really take off. There's no looking at her the same way again for Tasuku. A simple thing like giving her that stuffed animal, but it's a simple and cute reason for her to have fallen for him in the first place.

yeah, those two are cute together.
ThatRandomDudeJul 21, 2017 11:11 PM
Jul 22, 2017 1:46 AM

Mar 2009
This anime got about 10x more interested becauseof the uehara x aguri developments.
Id like to see more of them instead of the other wimpy MC....
Jul 22, 2017 7:12 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
That Persona 4 Arena Ultimax reference caught me off-guard. it seems like this anime can show games from Arc System Works without any issue, since they showed Blazblue last episode.

5/5
Jul 22, 2017 7:17 AM

Nov 2013
wtf that scene at the bridge lmao
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jul 22, 2017 7:22 AM
Jan 2017
OP is funny but judging from the LN this shit will betray you
Jul 22, 2017 8:23 AM

Mar 2013
Great Episode. It's kind of unexpected that They bring P4 here...
And the OP is really good and has a lot of references, dat' PUBG reference tho'

lol at Tendou fangirling Amano x Uehara (or She falls in love with Amano idk)... also 10/10 Endcard
Rio-Jul 22, 2017 8:29 AM
Jul 22, 2017 9:45 AM
Jan 2017
dont care about cliches or the story or the analytical stuff but its fun to watch so 56/56 episode best anime 2019
Jul 22, 2017 10:49 AM
Jan 2017
RandomCritic said:
someone26 said:
sorry, are you yourself is japanese otaku or people who see anime and thought "oh, so this is japanese culture

I may not be Japanese but I am an otaku. I had been studying about otaku culture for more than 20 years and researched on how are day.
Many people around who had been around them or are ones will understand why Amano acts like he does.
Also the reason Amano is like that is because is a famour genre going on in japan that sells REQUESTED by otaku people.

I do not understand this question. Are you asking me to give you samples of a Mc who reciprocate the feelings of his harem or someone who doesn't think at all?
Also, 90% of otaku are oblivious to things outside what they are into, and that doesn't necesary makes them dense, but just not interested
In this case, Amano is not dense, he is just not interested on things outside games, specially not interested in romance just yet. And in the future you will see how he doesn't "beat around the bunch" with the girls when they are interested in him and viceversa. If you read the LN you will see that he is actually interested in one girl, but right now is more admiration and being a fan of hers. This girl is the one last shown on the epilogue of episode 2.

his act is completely out of his character. he act like a whimp all the time and suddenly almost kill someone because why not? it will make heroine's love more reasonable LOL. and as (self-declared) otaku. i will just ignore it if someone mock me or my hobby, there's no way i have power to push someone that easily in the first place.

First of all, if he was a whimp he would cowardly flinch and scutter when Tasuku confronted him about the gaming club and tendo. Or he would has not confronted tendo and reject her twice. he would had quietly followed her and accepted.
Second, having low self esteem and low confidence in one self doesn't make one a whimp, he is just someone who has no motivation, is your avarage japanese shy boy, is a geek gamer.
Amano has goals and motives and ideal and he didn't let anyone break them. He want to make friends and play games with them not compete in tournaments like he told Tendou Karen and rejected her.
Typical harem Mc would just go gaga and accept her then follows her like a puppy.
But Amano had none of it. And he kept ignoring and refusing tendou for the whole first volumen, because her ideals and his conflict but yet he respects her dedication to her club and games but he is just not interested to join her.

There is a diference between dense and not interested and amano is on the side of "not interested". Like most Otakus doesn't pay attention or are not interested on things outside their circle world of what they like.

Also his outburst and pushing tasuku, you'll be surprise how a person can push something when under adrenaline rush and/or anger. Also Amano had no intention on harming Tasuku; he almost pushing Tasuku down the bridge was completly accidental and he was not aware of it as he had his eyes closed all times so he didn't know he was pushing Tasuku over the edge.
And don't lie to me, if someone bad talk someone you really admire and doesn't deserve it you'll get angry too.
At least, I've been there...
Some otaku had been known to burst in anger when you insult something they admire.

btw i am not japanese but still asian, so i think (probably) there some similarity in our culture.

Since 2012? I've been an otaku since early 1990s ever since i started in the world of japanese media and arts.
I also been researching japan for 10 years.
So I know what I am talking about, and I can empathize with them otakus, even if I do not agree or approve on certain behaviors they had obtained in modern times.

And for what i understand, 90% of otakus in japan are like amano. The other 10% are like Tasuku.
And 80% of modern Japanese men are shy and timid by nature.

well, if you're actually learning about them then i'm the one who doesn't know anything. sorry.

and despite being the person who lack of social skill the most between my otaku friend maybe i'm still one of the 10% (and the fun thing is i'm actually have my dark age, unfortunately i'm still not a hotie now) that's why i found amano is cringey despite somehow can relate (if you multiple my timid and shyness in my dark age several time) to him.

and for the dense part, maybe we just have different definition of dense.i still categorized someone like nozaki (gekkan shoujo nozaki-kun) as dense. while in your definition maybe he's only not interested in romance (he only care about his manga)

well, of course i will be angry if you insult something important to me (family i.e).
but the anime doesn't show that the club is that important for him (i don't read the LN so maybe bad adaptation). so his act feel like the author want to put "just insult me, not her" cliche despite make it out of his character
Jul 22, 2017 12:43 PM

Sep 2007
Can't wait to see the rest of the characters introduced.

Also, one of the ways I can identify with Amano: I love fighting games even though I suck at them. Hell, I pre-ordered Skullgirls and haven't managed to complete the freakin' tutorial. And I wouldn't touch online matchmaking with a ten foot pole.
Jul 22, 2017 3:14 PM

Mar 2016
Another fun episode! I like how Uehara finding out his girl friend was in love with him all the way back in middle school when he was still a "geek" and all into video games. I thought Tendou's face was hilarious with all the hearts floating around lol
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jul 22, 2017 3:20 PM

Aug 2013
Rio- said:
Great Episode. It's kind of unexpected that They bring P4 here...
And the OP is really good and has a lot of references, dat' PUBG reference tho'

lol at Tendou fangirling Amano x Uehara (or She falls in love with Amano idk)... also 10/10 Endcard

she fell in love with Amano ofcourse, are you as dense as him?

Jul 22, 2017 5:17 PM

May 2009
Better than first episode.
Jul 22, 2017 7:21 PM

Jun 2017
The OP was great, really catchy and fun.

Still loving all the actual game references.

I have high hopes for this show.
Jul 22, 2017 9:07 PM

Apr 2015
Dropped, not for me at all
Specifically the MC
LanzJul 22, 2017 9:10 PM
Jul 22, 2017 11:50 PM
Oct 2015
Damn, when Uehara realized just how large of a sacrifice he made to become popular, how he betrayed the one thing he truly enjoyed/loved, and then it clicked that someone else had managed to love and care about the guy he was before, I actually teared up quite a bit (and that is rare).

It wasn't original or anything, but just the execution... damn. Why isn't Uehara the main character? Sorry Amano, get replaced plz.

Overall, loved the episode. 10x better than the first.
Jul 23, 2017 6:20 AM

Jun 2013
Player unknown's Battlegrounds shit man that was cool
Jul 23, 2017 9:08 AM

Mar 2013
I don't play games so I didn't get any of the references except for Persona but I enjoyed the episode.

I kinda prefer pink haired girl with her previous design. She looked more cute that way.

And lol at Tendou XD
Why was she following him is the question here lmao

pretty much enjoyed all the gags in it
Jul 23, 2017 9:42 AM

Mar 2014
World_Creator said:
Amano is annoying as hell, needs a beating indeed

Enjoyment over
Aversa said:
Honestly i haven't been so annoyed with a character since IS the main really needs a good punch to the face he is way to passive and his personality is so weak.
The other guy isn't that interesting either but at least he is more straightforward and he is a nice guy despite his tough guy act.
That being said this anime didn't really show anything that stands out so for the characters seem copy paste characters and the events are predictable.

Same, Amano is annoying as hell, needs a beating

He (MC) just needs to be replaced by someone else. I'm over to such re....rd -.-"
Jul 23, 2017 10:36 AM

Jul 2014
I see a lot of interesting opinions about Amano.

I think his character development is in a good spot right now. I like how he differs his love of gaming more casually than to the members of the gaming club who take it seriously from what I see.

It is interesting to see Tendou infatuated with Amano due to him not wanting to the join gaming club for his own reasons, but more so the "Most Popular Girl in School" into video games, nonetheless participating in the gaming club. Has anyone experienced a popular girl in school into video games with the whole school knowing? This is where I see fiction come into play, furthering from reality.

Uehara is the embodiment of gamers like myself who have tried, succeeded in retrospect from time to time of distancing themselves from their love of gaming so they can be accepted into society.

The flashbacks of Uehara old self really show this at hard and determined he was/is to never be classified as the gaming nerd and the transformation he went through to become better and rather good looking so he could join the "Cool Kids" club. I found it to be sentimental.

I found it sweet that Aguri and Uehara were each others' crushes back in middle school when they were both geeks. They both worked really hard on improving themselves, but Aguri more so for Uehara because she said he became a "hottie".
I ship it, I'll even pay the handling.

Jul 23, 2017 10:43 AM

Jun 2008
It was an ok episode. I'm just waiting for the rest of the characters to join the game club.
Jul 23, 2017 10:56 AM

Jun 2012
RandomCritic said:
Zackhario said:
I'm a little confused, when did Tendo fell for the MC? I mean, is there a reason or any scene that I missed in Episode 1?

Nice little Persona 4 part though.

Didnt i explained this already?
Open spoiler tab quote on my explanation on the top of post for a recap.

Okay Mister Edgy, not everyone read your post.
Jul 23, 2017 11:12 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode, funny with an unexpected touching moment near the end. Poor Tendou-san though, looks like she's in for tough times ahead.
Jul 23, 2017 1:22 PM
Jul 2017
love the OP and ED song
Jul 23, 2017 5:37 PM

Mar 2016
This is what I want in this season... Character Development!!! and also comedy!
OP has everything, while the ED is very nice.
Lastly!~ The episode is far greater than previous episode.
(I really hate comparison lel.)
My Profile
Anime
Manga
osu! Profile
No Picture Available for me... lol.
Jul 23, 2017 5:38 PM
Aug 2009
Amano is a really relatable mc to me.

I usually don't like the spineless mcs myself, but I find his position pretty endearing. He doesn't want to play competitive games, and just wants to play what he wants to play because its fun.

There have been many times in my life where I get tired of playing competitive with friends. Brood War, League, CS:GO, and Overwatch. The list goes on. Inevitably, it always turns into an argument or shitfest. Which is why I don't participate anymore.

"You didn't do your job!" Blah blah blah. More 12 year old bickering garbage. Look, I just play games to relax after coming home from school/work. Forget about going pro or going to local tournaments dude, lmao.

Reading some of the comments here, if Tendou really did bash casual games to that extent in the LN, then I really wish they put that in the anime. At least it would make the audience see Amano in a new light. Maybe the anime writers were afraid that everyone would start hating the heroine of the series, Idk.

Sadly, they did not do it, I guess. As for why Tendou likes him? Who knows. But I've seen enough hot girls with ugly guys who don't lift in the gym to know that it's not exactly out of the question. So I'm not going to ding the show for that at all.

As for Tasuku, he seems okay I guess. I thought his "I WORKED HARD TO BE A NORMIE" line was pretty cringey. Yeah buddy, you went out and got a haircut, and lifted at the gym for 2 weeks bro. Good job. But seriously, he seems like an okay dude. Just seemed like a douchebag at first, but got better as the episode went on.

Jul 23, 2017 5:52 PM

Oct 2008
much better episode than ep1!
so Tasuku is also a game nerd since middle school but he worked his way for him to erase that past.
nice! we got to see a lot or Persona 4 real content of the actual game!
Tendou witnessed it all! and that's why she's more obsessed and more in-love with with Amano!
Aguri was already inlove with the middle school nerd Tasuku...how sweet!
dat Tendou 2-piece ero end card was ero-nice!
4/5.

Jul 23, 2017 7:21 PM

Mar 2010
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks MC is a terrible character, lmao. Urehara has less screentime and I already like him better! But anyway, major Persona hype!! I'm excited to see what other games are promoted through the anime in the future episodes!

Jul 24, 2017 7:02 PM

Jan 2017
So I finally got around to watching this episode today and wow did I enjoy it. I'm starting to enjoy this a lot more than I thought I would, especially because I'm familiar with a lot of the games they reference. Plus it helps that the couples/potential couples are adorable. Definitely better than episode 1!
Fate/GO User ID: 696,142,869
Jul 24, 2017 7:46 PM

Nov 2016
Liked this a bit more than the first episode, especially the part with Tasuku and Aguri in the second half, that was cute.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 25, 2017 7:19 AM

Dec 2014
Cliche but funny... I love it. IS really relaxing to watch, to bad is ongoing, is the type of anime I would like o finish over night. I look foward to the next episodes.
Jul 26, 2017 12:30 PM

Jan 2014
Uehara ended up being a much more interesting character than I thought! This episode was also kind of inspirational in a way... It reminded me that it can really hurt in the long run to pretend to be someone you're not and sometimes, you just have to let your true self through. Although you see this message in other shows, I think this hit home especially because I'm also a gamer as well.
Jul 27, 2017 3:44 AM
Jul 2018
This one was much more enjoyable than ep 1. Uehara and Aguri would make a much more better main couple than Tendou and Amano, which are just a pain to watch interacting with one-another. Hope the show focuses more on them.
Jul 28, 2017 1:43 AM

Mar 2009
Uehara's a cool guy and his relationship with his girlfriend is endearing.

I honestly don't have too much of a problem with Amano, but Megumi Han doesn't fit here. She's doing her Gon voice and it sounds way too young for him. Or too much of a girl.
Jul 28, 2017 10:28 AM
Nov 2010
Leo_10 said:
When Uehara learned that Aguri liked him since middle school was the best part. That ship needs to sail.

Loving the comedy.

That end card 10/10

Much agreeee lmao
Jul 29, 2017 6:05 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, this episode caught me completely by surprise but I loved it! First off, the OP and ED were both pretty enjoyable; the OP was very catchy and had great reference scenes :P The arcade game sequence was awesome, especially with Tasuku analyzing Amano's playing style XD Then we've got some AWESOME Tasuku moments, who is quickly becoming one of my favs of this show. He was a nerdy guy back in middle school and changed himself for high school, and basically got triggered by what Amano did. Well, they both expressed themselves and are on to being friends. Not gonna lie if Amano was a girl that would be some intense relationship/romance scenes lol. However with the reveal that Aguri had liked him from his "dark ages", that couple became super cute for me :D Turns out she changed herself too huh :P Anyway Karen was completely different in this episode, I guess hearing Amano defend her club made her fall completely in love huh XD Looks like we get a new character next episode, is this the legendary Mono?!
Jul 29, 2017 9:06 PM
Aug 2009
EvianBubble said:
Wow, this episode caught me completely by surprise but I loved it! First off, the OP and ED were both pretty enjoyable; the OP was very catchy and had great reference scenes :P The arcade game sequence was awesome, especially with Tasuku analyzing Amano's playing style XD Then we've got some AWESOME Tasuku moments, who is quickly becoming one of my favs of this show. He was a nerdy guy back in middle school and changed himself for high school, and basically got triggered by what Amano did. Well, they both expressed themselves and are on to being friends. Not gonna lie if Amano was a girl that would be some intense relationship/romance scenes lol. However with the reveal that Aguri had liked him from his "dark ages", that couple became super cute for me :D Turns out she changed herself too huh :P Anyway Karen was completely different in this episode, I guess hearing Amano defend her club made her fall completely in love huh XD Looks like we get a new character next episode, is this the legendary Mono?!

This show has completely taken me by surprise as well. Nothing seems "New" in terms of characters and themes but it's presented in such a way that has just kept a smile plastered on my face throughout.
Jul 30, 2017 12:26 PM
Feb 2009
It's ridiculous noone has character, only obsessions.
But still too funny.
Aug 1, 2017 2:58 AM

Jul 2016
This was definitely an improvement over the first episode, but still not great. The main character still makes me want to punch his lights out and none of the other characters did anything to catch my attention. I still stand by what I wrote in the episode 1 discussion but I might stick with this in the hope that it gets better. It'll probably be a futile effort. At least let me see more of the club members, who I will affectionate call Tetris, Mamoru Miyanope and BlazBoobs (I can't think of a boob pun to make with Guilty Gear).
Aug 1, 2017 3:04 PM

Oct 2012
Aguri was really cute with those black hairs back then, I kinda liked their background, very enjoyable episode.

Wonder if there is also a reason for Karen to love Keita (or did she got her by constant rejecting maybe?)

Can't wait to see what's the deal with Chiaki :)
Aug 3, 2017 1:59 PM

Sep 2015
First of all really cool OP. Lot of neat little references in there. My favorite was probably the Dragon Quest one. Second of all I was lukewarm on Episode 1. But I kind of loved this episode. Mainly just Amano and Uehara bonding in the arcade. In fact I felt like the end was a little weird and forced and tainted it slightly. But I found those two characters interactions bizarrely entertaining and even relatable.

They'd already hooked me in when they did the scene with P4AU. I too am a Persona junkie who's had to convince friends to play the fighting game before. So that scene felt pretty familiar. I think I could like this show. Its art is kind of underwhelming. And its story and characters aren't amazing. But it can be pretty damn funny. And it's much better than I thought it would be when I read the name and premise.
Aug 4, 2017 4:19 AM

Feb 2014
I can't believe there was PUBG reference
Aug 6, 2017 12:16 AM

Jul 2014
there goes the little interest I had in the female lead. Falling madly in love with the MC already? Typical.

Literally only watching this for the other guy and his girlfriend. He has an actually interesting inner conflict; while his relationship with Aguri just went from non-existent to extremely adorable.
Aug 6, 2017 10:29 AM
Mar 2012
Uehara feels like the true mc, good va & nice romance backstory with Aguri, has some depth seeing himself in Amano.
Bridge scene is nice going beyond just fun & games, adds bit of depth to them & Amano's thinking, tho he's still this weak self insert annoying va mc.
Aug 7, 2017 3:55 AM

Apr 2016
I am having a blast watching this! Amano is doing great, but I am starting to feel bad for poor Tendou... (o.o)
Aug 15, 2017 1:26 AM

Dec 2013
I still don't care for the MC or the other dude but Aguri is definitely a fun character.

Tendou was hilarious at the end.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » [Poll] Gamers Romance

Lnlover - Aug 30, 2017

30 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:19 PM

» Misunderstandings

Shomix - Sep 29, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:18 PM

Poll: » [the usual] BEST GIRL POLL

GangsterCat - Sep 7, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:15 PM

» Do people not understand that this is a parody? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Feb 23, 2023

61 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Gamers! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2017

320 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.