Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 13, 2017 12:03 PM

Apr 2017
Hi everyone .. i am wondering if you guys are watching anime legal or illegal ..
For me i have watched some on crunchyroll and some on illegall sites
Why ? Because crunchyroll does not contain a lot of subbed animes ..
If we enter some accounts , we will find that the marjority had watched more than 400 anime
I mean that they did not watch them all on crunchyroll or on netflix ..

And you ?

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 13, 2017 12:09 PM

Jul 2015
I watch almost all my anime legally and i rewatched many of the illegal ones legally. But I use cr, hulu, Netflix, and to some extent youtube.
Jul 13, 2017 12:11 PM
serendipity

Oct 2015
illegally tbh but i buy all my manga legally

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
Jul 13, 2017 12:11 PM

Feb 2016
Yes, I am a very good goyim and pay 10 different streaming services to watch every interesting anime this season. I'm very glad Japan has me to support their industry and I know Japan should also be very glad they have me. I'm happy more and more companies adopt new anime so I can share my shekels to everyone involved, more money spend around different companies = more money goes into Japan from different sources. Industry grows = better anime for my taste and of course more eastern spiritual energy for good people like me. I really feel empowered to know how much I matter and you people should follow me but know that I'm already ahead of you and spend more money, thus I'm more important for the growth of anime.
Jul 13, 2017 12:12 PM

Jul 2012
Both, all of the shows I want to watch simply aren't available legally and I don't really want to pay a subscription for what would effectively be airing shows (granted I've watched free legal variations at times for certain series).
But I also actively watch shows as they air on western TV and have since like the year 2000.
Jul 13, 2017 12:13 PM

Feb 2016
Legal of course. I would never illegally watch anime. That would be bad :(
Jul 13, 2017 12:15 PM

May 2010
I used too watch/read everything illegally back when I was broke asf... But now I try my best to support all the artist that work so hard to provide the content we all love so much...its only the right thing to do.

Only time Ill watch/read an anime/manga illegally is if I cant find it or its unlicensed
Jul 13, 2017 12:15 PM
Jun 2017
The first time I watch a series, I watch it illegally. If I decide it's good enough then I'll buy the physical copy. I feel like it's a major waste of money to buy a series for 50-120 dollars then you find out it sucks.
Jul 13, 2017 12:18 PM

May 2010
Kuraokani said:
The first time I watch a series, I watch it illegally. If I decide it's good enough then I'll buy the physical copy. I feel like it's a major waste of money to buy a series for 50-120 dollars then you find out it sucks.

you could use things like Netflix/crunchy roll
Jul 13, 2017 12:20 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I watch anime illegally because I don't have any money to spare on getting premiums and etc in Crunchyroll. However, I do plan on watching legally in order to show some respect to the directors and studios for creating what we love most, animes, as soon as I reach University level or higher.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 13, 2017 12:21 PM

Nov 2016
İ even use my transportation card illegal (65+ y.old free card ) so yeah
Jul 13, 2017 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
Well, since my internet is total ass when it comes to CR for the most part (unless on Wii U), along with some personal issues I have with CR because of the streaming service, I do watch anime mostly illegally. Because well, on my end I don't have much of a choice.
Jul 13, 2017 12:22 PM

Jan 2013
Illegally ofc. There's not much anime available for my country on legal sites, not to mention that there's a lot of series that weren't even licensed. But it's not like I don't pay for anything - I buy a lot of manga (aside from a lot of manga I bought on a whim and haven't even read, I also own almost every manga series my favorite shows were based on and most from my cr and completed list, as long as it's available in my country) and recently I also started buying DVD releases of some of my favorite shows (the ones released by British companies and available on eBay). It'll take some time until I collect everything I want though.
fuyukiJul 13, 2017 12:43 PM
Jul 13, 2017 12:23 PM
Jul 2018
Illegally most of the time, since they don't want my money, or they would license stuff for my region.

Last time I paid for a VPN to watch Netflix, it got blocked shortly after. Never again.

Edit: Should be noted that I buy a shit ton of manga...
Jul 13, 2017 12:24 PM

Apr 2016
There is no point in legal so... the other option.
Jul 13, 2017 12:25 PM
we back

Aug 2015
I just use illegal methods (Kissanime) because streaming services don't have a wide enough selection and physical anime is overpriced usually.

I just stick to buying manga as my way of supporting the industry.
Jul 13, 2017 12:27 PM
Jul 2011
I don't know why people use money as an excuse for watching it illegally when there's things like Crunchyroll or VRV (which you do NOT have to pay for.) If you don't like the ads, simply watch it on a laptop or a PC or whatever, get ad-blocker, and there you go?

I used to use an illegal website, because Crunchyroll stopped working for a while, as did Youtube, because I had crappy internet. However, my family switched, I got a new laptop, I decided waiting a week is better than watching it illegally, I got a Roku TV, and I use Crunchyroll/VRV FREE. (Now, sometimes if there's an anime that doesn't come out on Crunchyroll/VRV/Netflix, I'll use the illegal website. Like, Amazon Prime's shows. I just don't have the access otherwise. I weigh my options vs how badly I really wanna see the show.)

It's not that difficult for a person in the US to find anime to watch legally. Now, I know in foreign countries licensing makes things extremely inaccessible.

Also, Netflix raised their prices, but I still get Netflix. I say if you have the money, get a subscription to Netflix or Hulu. It supports the industry.

Anyway, TL;DR, I watch legally.
Jul 13, 2017 12:28 PM

Feb 2015
I am more of a pirate than the pirates from One Piece.
Jul 13, 2017 12:28 PM
Jun 2017
YouniverSoul said:
Kuraokani said:

you could use things like Netflix/crunchy roll
I could but those sites don't have anywhere near the selection of KA. I am subscribed to Hulu and Netflix.

Edit: I should also say that I've spent 1000s on my anime collection so I think I have the right to decide whether or not a anime is good enough for me to buy.
Jul 13, 2017 12:29 PM

May 2016
You're all going to crucify me for this, but, Illegally.

I wish I could pour all of my money to support the anime industry, except the bad parts of course, but I'm just too poor, and alas, I have no choice.
Accept everyone's opinions. Unless they are badly constructed or something the lines of "Uhh duuh da girls were sexy"

That's not an opinion, that's Something called "A lack of brain cells". Specifically the latter.

Everyone who likes Eromanga-Sensei is a pedophile.
Jul 13, 2017 12:34 PM

Feb 2015
Illegally ofc, my budget is too tiny to waste money on anime.
Jul 13, 2017 12:40 PM
Nov 2015
I probably never will watch legally, not because I can't afford it but because Crunchyroll only has like what 1K anime in their library.

What if i wanted to watch anime from the ealier 2000 which aren't on CR? Buy the overpriced Blue-rays? NGE for example costs 284€ on amazon.jp lol
Jul 13, 2017 1:01 PM

Aug 2016
Both.

I got Crunchyroll subscrption cuz I like the organization of the website and app. So I watch all the shows that interest me on there if Crunchyroll have it. However, if they don't have it then I just watch it some random website. And I don't feel bad or give a fuck either. There is no way I would pay an additional fee on amazon just to watch Re:Creators. Fuck that.
Jul 13, 2017 1:03 PM

Oct 2013
Legally if I can. Older anime aside, there's still a lot of stuff that currently can't be watched legally.

Of course there's the option of just not watching anything that you can't watch legally. But honestly, how many people are going to use that option.
Jul 13, 2017 1:04 PM

Apr 2015
I watch it legally when I can. I'm using someone's premium Crunchyroll (Miles can't give me shit about that, right?), have my own premium Funimation (absolute waste since it's a garbage service, think I'll just VRV in the future), and have Hulu/Netflix.

My parents pay for Amazon Prime. But Anime Strike? Yeah, no, pirating all of that. I'd give Hidive some money if they'd work a bit better with a VPN.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jul 13, 2017 1:17 PM

Apr 2017
I always go the speed limit, officer
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Jul 13, 2017 1:21 PM

Jun 2016
When I'm older I'll buy Blu-Rays, I swear
Jul 13, 2017 1:30 PM

Jan 2009
illegal and if you gonna watch illegal anime try downloading (torrents or IRC/XDCC) since those illegal streaming sites are just making money (through ads) out of fansubs/webrips that are suppose to be totally free
Jul 13, 2017 1:32 PM

Oct 2015
About half and half, what i cant watch on VRV or Netflix
I outsource to Illegal sites, no choice really

CatSoul said:
I watch it legally when I can. I'm using someone's premium Crunchyroll (Miles can't give me shit about that, right?), have my own premium Funimation (absolute waste since it's a garbage service, think I'll just VRV in the future), and have Hulu/Netflix.

My parents pay for Amazon Prime. But Anime Strike? Yeah, no, pirating all of that. I'd give Hidive some money if they'd work a bit better with a VPN.

VRV is really nice tbh
ive had it since spring

"I wish I was sober to feel the pain
So many dark days I can’t explain"

----------
My Sigs
MAL Interview
Jul 13, 2017 2:32 PM

Jul 2014
lets be honest...we all stream anime illegally at some point...and most of us probably stream it all the time cause all these anime sites are literally everywhere...
Jul 13, 2017 3:01 PM

Jun 2008
I do both. I pay for a crunchyroll subscription and buy manga.
But i can't watch everything on crunchyroll and i can't buy every manga that i wan't to read. So i have to watch/read illegally as well.
Jul 13, 2017 3:05 PM

Feb 2013
A mix of both. I'm not quite willing to spend too much money on streaming.

Jul 13, 2017 3:08 PM

Jul 2017
I always watch my anime legally, however, if there is an anime that I want to watch that I can't find on a legal streaming site, then I go ahead and download it illegally.
Jul 13, 2017 3:09 PM

Feb 2016
Used to watch everything illegally.
Now using crunchyroll and Netflix as much as i can unless something is not available.

Jul 13, 2017 3:10 PM

Nov 2016
I'm subscribed to Crunchyroll but if they don't have what I want to watch then I will stream on an illegal site.
Jul 13, 2017 3:13 PM
Jun 2016
illegally :( There are way to many anime to watch all of them legally.
Jul 13, 2017 3:39 PM

Mar 2014
Illegally 99.9 % of the time, I only watch anime legally when somebody else is paying and that has only happened a few times (three or four Ghibli movies).
I'm not even ashamed of it
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 13, 2017 3:46 PM

Mar 2014
Illegally 70% of the time and legally the other 30%
Jul 13, 2017 3:49 PM

Jun 2011
Legal when possible. Crunchyroll, Hulu, Netflix, Funimation. Crunchyroll alone for USA has over a thousand titles. Most of the time what I want is there.

Hentai, very old no longer licensed. Hard to aquire physically. That is what I watch illegally.

Manga is out of my price range. But I buy some.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Jul 13, 2017 3:50 PM
Jul 2018
Legally to the extent I can. I can only afford a subscription to one site and don't have much money left over for DVDs or Blu-rays. So, if it's not on Crunchy and I can't spin the money for a DVD or even find one... I'll go for ''alternative'' sources, but I try my best to get it legally first. As my financial situation improves I should move more towards legality.
Jul 13, 2017 3:52 PM
Dec 2016
Legal if it's on Crunchyroll or Netflix, if it's not then oh well. I support the industry by pouring lots of money into it, if I watch a few anime illegally no ones going to die.
Jul 13, 2017 3:53 PM

Aug 2016
I watch them illegally because I don't have any money.
If I would, then I would probably get a crunchyroll premium. I would still watch anime illegally since not every anime is available on crunchy.
Jul 13, 2017 3:55 PM
Jul 2018
I consume all of my media and games for free, legal or not. can't afford to spend money on media since I'm dirt poor and I live in a shithole of a country that doesn't give a shit about copyright anyway. sorry not sorry... I'm aware I'm a scumbag, you don't need to remind me. if you can pay for it though, please do it. japs need to eat.
Jul 13, 2017 3:56 PM

Jun 2014
If it's licensed in North America, and you can buy it on DVD, I'll buy it.

But, if you can't buy it, then I'll have no choice but to watch it online.

Jul 13, 2017 3:56 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Legally. VRV is worth my money. I try to buy when possible especially manga.

But for gif editing I'll use nyaa for its intended purpose.
Jul 13, 2017 3:57 PM

Jun 2017
I usually go illegal since it's easier and cheaper, but there are some occasions where I have legally watched anime.
Jul 13, 2017 4:03 PM
Jan 2016
i used to watch anime legally but crunchyroll and netflix don't have everything.. if im watching a very popular anime then ill watch legally but most of the time i don't..
Jul 13, 2017 4:13 PM

Oct 2014
Nice try, FBI! You can't fool me though! I am not even from the US!
Jul 13, 2017 4:25 PM
Apr 2016
Honestly, if kissanime wasnt the absolute best way to watch anime, i would pay for the animu i watch. But it is. I also read all the manga illegaly because i hate reading those fcking diminute books. I cant stand it and my eyes even less.
Jul 13, 2017 4:55 PM

Jan 2014
VampireXxBrianna said:
It supports the industry.

Can't stress this enough.
No it doesn't.
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Best Black Haired guy?

RedTea33 - 9 minutes ago

1 by ST63LTH »»
4 minutes ago

» What distract you from anime ??

lezbifriends - Yesterday

40 by liveleaked »»
5 minutes ago

» Have you liked a genre/theme you used to really hate or vice versa ?

Yonahim_Zz - 5 hours ago

12 by FanofAction »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Is the harem genre trashy?

JustSomeone15 - 7 hours ago

39 by liveleaked »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime you’ve been with for a while

Yonahim_Zz - May 8

39 by liveleaked »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.