Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2017 8:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Do not post in this thread before watching the episode!!

----------------------------------------
Well, this episode/finale felt like a lot like most of the others.

We did get Kotarou and she ends up expressing her feelings to Koutarou. Not even surprised at all by this point but I think she realizes that it can't be accepted. At least she looks refreshed to finally get it over with.

Akane's crying and tears though....I wasn't entirely expecting that.
Thought the show was alright overall. It took some risks as an original title but pulled it off.
AversaJun 29, 2017 9:28 AM
Jun 29, 2017 8:22 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
I am going to miss this anime, in some way I am feeling sad maybe for the final. The story was nice, with good pacing. So far enjoyed this show and I am sure you will, the relationship was great the characters weren''t that generic and I am sure I will remember them.

Jun 29, 2017 8:40 AM
Jul 2011
Man this is definitely my AotS. I was moved so many times throughout this anime. Thanks to everyone that helped produce it!! Won't forget it for a long time. :)

Now to wait for the OST.
Jun 29, 2017 9:00 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yeah so i couldn't resist either. It's a safe 9 for me in this case. Now depends how well they did the finale to determine if i have another 10 on my hands.

Either way, i'm happy about this.
Jun 29, 2017 9:27 AM

Apr 2010
Beautiful ending!!
This was a really cute anime and i really enjoyed watching it.
A couple and there first love it was really nice to watch.
The characters where great as well young and innocent which made it even better.

The shorts after the ED's where funny too, also worth watching.
Jun 29, 2017 9:36 AM

Apr 2008
Ending was so good. I loved how they showed the text chats from the credits again with more context like we all assumed. Only wish we could have actually gotten another season to see it all animated but I am still so happy with how this ended. AOTS for sure and it gets a 10 from me. First series in a long time I was anticipating each episode week to week and even watched it raw cause I couldn't wait. Gonna miss this going into the lackluster summer season.
Jun 29, 2017 9:41 AM

May 2009
Beautiful

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ShockedJul 3, 2017 12:52 AM
Jun 29, 2017 9:48 AM

Oct 2012
That was beautiful, so satisfying.
Loved their LINE conversations and all the illustrations at the end.
Jun 29, 2017 9:59 AM
Jun 2017
A great ending. Definitely a 10/10 for me and my AOTS for sure. Love the ending and I never actually thought their chats in the credits at the ED is actually about them. Nice one . I will definitely miss this show . One of the best romance if not the best romance I had ever watched!
Jun 29, 2017 10:17 AM
Jul 2012
I felt sorry for Chinatsu and that hug and rejection was a bit sad to watch. But anyways i'm really going to miss this series.
Jun 29, 2017 10:31 AM
Jun 2015
I hope Feel will do a season 2 or an OVA describing their long distance relationship during High school - Its been a fun and cute ride :) 9/10 for me since the sensei x roman short didn't conclude (but am i asking too much xD)
Jun 29, 2017 10:34 AM
May 2016
I still hesitate between 9 and 10, I have enjoyed this anime from the begening to the end. Difficult to give my opinion on the last episode, I don't speak Japanese and so I understood only a few sentences but visually it was very sad and I can't wait to see it again in a language I understand . This is really one of the best romances I've seen and I really hope a season 2 even if the end doesn't let her hear it.
Jun 29, 2017 10:39 AM

Nov 2016
Kinda sad for Chinatsu, but my sympathy for her has it's limits and it seemed like she was able to accept it.

Well,this emotional and satisfaying ending settled it for me, easily anime of the season from the new ones.

I'm glad that the title I had the highest expectations for ended up as good as imagined. Maybe not an absolute masterpiece,still a damn good show 9/10.

Even though I have to say that seeing them as adults was worth a 10/10, boy that touched my heart.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 29, 2017 11:49 AM

Sep 2008
OMG! YES! *.*
It happen! It happen!!!

bastek66 said:
Beautiful

Also, all LINE talks from ED were from their Akane and Koutarou's life.

LittleStar said:
I want Koutaro to pass the exam so much!
I want second in high school!
Maybe his parents will move when he pass exam?
If not second season, then I want see time skip were they are married with kids *.*
Jun 29, 2017 12:48 PM

Mar 2013
LittleStar said:
OMG! YES! *.*
It happen! It happen!!!

bastek66 said:
Beautiful

LittleStar said:
I want Koutaro to pass the exam so much!
I want second in high school!
Maybe his parents will move when he pass exam?
If not second season, then I want see time skip were they are married with kids *.*

I haven't seen the episode yet because crunchyroll delayed it.
But.. this one next to Akane is Azumi right (adult version)?
Because it looks a lot like Hira. O.O
Jun 29, 2017 12:50 PM

Apr 2008
julianobouken said:
LittleStar said:
OMG! YES! *.*
It happen! It happen!!!

Yes it is. Those are his parents standing next to him.
Jun 29, 2017 1:21 PM
Jul 2015
A beautiful, beautiful ending.... I can't ask for more. This reminds me so much of my high school and my adolescence. A beautiful anime.
Jun 29, 2017 1:39 PM

Oct 2016
julianobouken said:
LittleStar said:
OMG! YES! *.*
It happen! It happen!!!

It's Kotarou, his hair is just shorter and it makes the style look similar to Hira.
Jun 29, 2017 1:48 PM
Jan 2015
Jak said:
julianobouken said:

It's Kotarou, his hair is just shorter and it makes the style look similar to Hira.

You can also tell by the outfit Kotarou's wearing and what's happening in the background. Not the greatest depiction of the characters. Kotarou seems to have gone through a massive teenage growth spurt, and his parents look like they've aged by about ten years.
Jun 29, 2017 2:16 PM
May 2016
bastek66 said:
Beautiful

More things about this screen on the Yaraon's blog : http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/108097 .

Amazing pictures *-*
WiZeeJun 29, 2017 2:24 PM
Jun 29, 2017 2:59 PM

Aug 2013
One of the best romance series from past few years. This is why I love studio feel. easily 9/10.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 29, 2017 4:56 PM
Aug 2012
rsc-pl said:
One of the best romance series from past few years. This is why I love studio feel. easily 9/10.
Indeed, just amazing.
Jun 29, 2017 5:39 PM

Feb 2016
I'll admit. This episode completely threw me off. Mainly because of what happened before, the troll summary from mxtv (I should've expected that honestly lol) and the PV. The ending scene also made more sense if you add the text convos to the timeline in order.

I gave it a 10 because I loved this show (And I do have my biases) and being something that kept me hooked this season. Already ordered the Blu Ray from Amazon.. It's just a matter of waiting untill October.

Though, I do hope maybe they could do like an afterward OVA of how everyone is doing with their lives, and what happened too. Or, maybe something like a season (depends on their budget, the BD sales etc) what happened between their high school years up to before they got married and had a child. That would make me appreciate this series more.
Or better yet, maybe an adaptation as a Light Novel, or a Manga..! But that's just me.

I'm sure only the team at Studio Feel. the producers and the staff that worked on Tsuki ga Kirei would know for certain. We will see what lies ahead!
YouTube Channel

-Translator, Small YouTuber. I'm just a weeb like everyone else

Jun 29, 2017 6:08 PM

Sep 2014
What a rollercoster of emotions there.
A very beautiful ending for a beautiful anime.
10/10.
Jun 29, 2017 7:25 PM
Apr 2017
Wait so quick question were the two photos of the akane and koutaro with a kid and rings on their fingers official? Do they appear at the very end of episode 12? i didnt see them on the stream i saw.
Jun 29, 2017 7:28 PM

May 2010
Lurkerleo said:
Wait so quick question were the two photos of the akane and koutaro with a kid and rings on their fingers official? Do they appear at the very end of episode 12? i didnt see them on the stream i saw.

At the very end after the timeskip montage.
Jun 29, 2017 8:39 PM

Mar 2008
very good 10/10
I have a feeling that they are aiming for a J drama. The execution and story look more like a J drama to me.
Jun 29, 2017 11:14 PM
Oct 2015
I am suprised that Akane's sister ain't married while her younger sister is.hahaha lol
Anyway,when i close my eyes, all i could see is the perfection of this series.
Definitely an anime which evokes a mixtute of feelings. Long live Akane and Azumi!
Jun 30, 2017 1:22 AM

Apr 2016
My resistance to waiting for the subs finally broke down 7 hrs after coming back from work. Had to watch the raws and depend on my nearly non existent Japanese to pick up a few words here and there. Even then.

This. This is what anime should be. Nay, this is what entertainment should be. A magical journey through the highs and lows of pretty much every emotional corner. I laughed. I fought onion ninjas. I sat back in awe and wonder at the aural and visual presentation. Heck I was ready to throw my keyboard at the TV if the subs didn't get uploaded *this very minute*. Then I shed more unmanly tears.

Kudos to the production team. This will likely be the measuring stick for every subsequent anime out there, at least for me.

Now excuse me while I buy stocks in insulin.
_totoro-kun_Jun 30, 2017 1:32 AM
Jun 30, 2017 1:41 AM
Apr 2017
What can I say,, the best romance ever,, so beautiful,, the ending was so great,, I will miss this one,, 10/10 for me,, thanks for this great story,, love it so much
Jun 30, 2017 4:06 AM
Feb 2015
Never wished for better ending. 8/10 if i must say.

Hope they novelize the series though.
Jun 30, 2017 5:20 AM
Sep 2010
Amazing episode. I just loved it

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
raiburari |

Jun 30, 2017 5:30 AM

Jan 2015
Great ending to a great series. Best show of the season together with Uchouten Kazoku. 9/10
Jun 30, 2017 5:34 AM

Aug 2012
Beautiful ending
Jun 30, 2017 5:48 AM

Jan 2017
Wow! The ending was worth every bit of frustration this anime brought out of me. Just beautiful.
Jun 30, 2017 5:52 AM

Mar 2008
This anime is too good. I'm glad their relationship worked out and even love it more that they got married. 10/10
Jun 30, 2017 5:56 AM

Jan 2011
This is pretty much every romance fans dream kind of show. It wasn't without a few lows but overall I can't help but praise more than criticize. As a result I felt solid in giving it an 8 but honestly, it's so moving, I moved it to a 9.

The character transition in the show is very very good. It seems like not a lot happens yet you feel the growth and development. The ending sequence is something very special.

I standout of this season and in the romance genre.
Jun 30, 2017 5:57 AM

Dec 2014
Great all-around show and the ending was actually an ending rather than the typical light novel "heeey if you want to know what happens, buy the novels hahah". So glad this was an original with good production values overall to boot.

Though I want to give this higher than an 8, it doesn't quite have the impact shows with a 9 have on me. So 8/10 it is.
I need sleep.
Jun 30, 2017 6:07 AM

Apr 2016
When i was first watching this show i was sure this will end up like the hundreds of other "teen" romance anime shows before....

Oh boy was i wrong...

What a fantastic ending !
Jun 30, 2017 6:08 AM

Dec 2014
HAPPY ENDING!! HELL YEAH!! I'm satisfied, I was half scared throughout most of the episode. XD

The opening scene with that rejection paper had me scared and when Akane broke down and gave what looked like a Goodbye kiss, I was pretty much heartbroken. I'm so happy that everything worked out.

I love Kota wrote that story about his time with Akane in the blog or whatever that app was. His reply to Akane was so beautiful, that final sequence with Akane reading his reply and Kota finally yelling out his feelings for her was so emotional. I teared up during that scene.

The final LINE montage of their lives from then on was so beautiful. Marriage Rings, a baby and the Red strings of fate, I could not ask for anything more in that ending.

Overall, This was easily one of the best romance series to come out in the past few years. This type of pure and sweet romance is what I really love. The slow, developing romance as we see Kota and Akane gradually develop their feeling towards each other was beautiful, what's even better is how they are both socially awkward and it was really fulfilling to see them grow fond of each other. That's why all the little things in this show are so powerful, from them initially struggling to converse to the LINE conversations to them eventually being able to talk to each other freely. All this attention to the simple details along with some really sweet fluff is what gives this show a very heartwarming and heartfelt atmosphere and is also what makes the drama moments so tense and heart wrenching. The best part of this show is that watching it unfold, especially Kota and Akane's romance and their sweet moments together make me so happy and I love it for that.

The show's title fits really well, Just like the moon, it was beautiful.

9/10
Lelouch0202Jun 30, 2017 6:11 AM
Jun 30, 2017 6:23 AM

Aug 2013
Beautiful ending. Quite emotional

Felt bad for Chinatsu. I wasn't expecting for her to confess to Kotarou but she did accepted that reject.

Seeing Akane cry was unexpected and heartbreaking. I was so anxious throughout the second half of the episode. Kotarou running towards the train, shouting out his feelings while be encouraged by Dazai's words put a smile on my face. He really is a fan of Dazai.

The two end cards at the end. Perfect. Though you can see that Akane's family haven't age much. Those shorts after the ED with the LINE messaging is worth watching.

Overall, this was really good. One of the best romance anime.

Objectively, this is a solid 9/10 but because I wasn't expecting to be this good and the enjoyment factor, I'm giving this a 10/10. Loved it. Tsuki ga Kirei is one of the few anime that knows how to play with my emotions. I'm going to miss my weekly dose of cuteness.
LeoJun 30, 2017 6:29 AM

Jun 30, 2017 6:27 AM

Oct 2010
This is all I wanted out of a romance for years. Finally got it. Akane is perfect. Kotarou is a great match for her. Fantastic ending. feel. nailed it. 10/10

Honestly, this show destroyed me almost on a weekly basis. I'm really weak to such pure romances. I too would love to see a "high school days" of them. Seeing their continued struggles and how they overcome them could be interesting. But mad props to feel. for actually doing what I hoped by showing how they ended up in the future. I'm so tired of "non-endings" and open-ended anime, especially with romance. With the way this ended, there is absolutely zero room for any debates about their relationship or what will happen. Solid show with a solid ending.
Jun 30, 2017 6:28 AM

Mar 2016
SUCCESSSSSS THAT WAS A GREAT ENDING

AHHHHHH I NEED A S2 WITH THEM AND THEIR KID
Jun 30, 2017 6:35 AM

Oct 2010
FredFriendly said:
and his parents look like they've aged by about ten years.

In all likeliness, it probably has been almost 10 years. Though,I always thought they already looked oddly old for a parent of a child that young.
Jun 30, 2017 6:49 AM

Feb 2014
Studio Feel is adeptly named because I definitely felt that ending. And I almost missed part after the credits which just makes this story so complete.

Great anime
Jun 30, 2017 7:06 AM

Dec 2011
Damn son... the ending is so beautiful to watch. Proper feels in the whole episode.
Was really afraid that they'd break up (think that almost happened...) but thankfully no, his feelings reached her through his story.

Turns out the chats at the ED are from their life, huh.. with more context, it's really good to watch. Had a good laugh during the part where Koutaro visited Akane and her mother arrived earlier XD

Happy to see they managed to keep their relationship all the way to marriage.

Great and solid anime. Obviously wishing there'd be some kind of OVA to show what happened during the time skip a bit more, but if they don't it's fine for me as well.
Jun 30, 2017 7:10 AM

Feb 2013
Nice, I'm crying so bad ;___; but really I'm glad Chinatsu wasn't an asshole in the end, I wouldn't forgive her though.
The ending was so precious, the way he went running all the way there meanwhile she was reading his story, aww
Jun 30, 2017 7:10 AM

May 2017
Been reading through the chatter on Japanese message boards... some interesting conversations taking place in between all the troll posts, haha (hey, it's the internet, what do we expect)

- A lot of comments on how that ending montage was done. Many enjoyed it, but some wished they had saved all that for a movie finale. Others felt that it was too easy of an outcome, and generally unrealistic considering how young they were when they were forced to part. One guy made a funny observation that it probably would have been better for Kotarou as a writer if his dreams had been smashed.

- I saw a couple comments announcing the start of "Chinatsu routes," let the fanfics and doujinshi commence.

- Also concerning the ending, there were opposing viewpoints on whether they needed that happy ending montage at all. This one guy insisted basically that the ending was fan-service and should have been left more ambiguous, so you could draw your own conclusion. Not everyone agreed, of course, and liked the way it was wrapped up. One person said that live-action dramas leave dangling endings all the time, he was fine with an anime having a conclusive ending (I've never seen live action Japanese dramas so I wouldn't know).

- Turns out that I wasn't the only one saying to myself at the river-crossing scene, "Why aren't you running after her, Kota?" haha

So yeah, I dunno, food for thought.
Forum sniper of MAL. Accuracy, efficiency. Beware the catgun.
Jun 30, 2017 7:12 AM

May 2012
What a ride and a pleasant surprise of the season.

Kotarou's novel ending was scaring me a bit there, making me feel like his novel would end with them going separate ways, but they stuck through thick and thin even despite the long distance relationship.

I'm a sucker for happy ending though, so them being some middle school sweethearts and lasting even all the way until marriage was great.

However, I'm unsatsfied with one thing, and that's what Kotarou ending up being in the end? Did he end up as a novelist like he wanted to be or...?

Oh well, guess there's no point in asking now.

Oh, and as an added touch, I love how they both had the plushies with them growing up, even while they were holding their child. God. damn. cute.

Jun 30, 2017 7:20 AM

Jul 2013
Wow.. what can I say? I teared up at the end. I'm in an LDR myself and that montage at the end really hits home.

One of, if not the, best romance anime I've seen. This anime is, as the title said, beautiful

9/10
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2017

228 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Mar 11, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2017

199 by DanielHu3 »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

248 by _GLADIATOR »»
Nov 19, 2023 8:27 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

175 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Aug 14, 2023 10:54 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

178 by Sarthak7985 »»
Aug 10, 2023 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.