Forum Settings
Forums

base on what did u choose your profile picture and your avatar?

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 16, 2017 2:40 PM

Aug 2010
Although it sucks, I made my signature and profil pic myself (artistic skills still in development).

As for my forum avatar, I wanted to have a GIF and was just rewatching Nagi no asukara, so I rolled with the best girl I guess.
Jun 16, 2017 2:50 PM

Nov 2012
Profile pic is because I was addicted to Persona 5 while I played it.

Forum set is because Hotaru is a sweet and lovable countryside loli lol.
Jun 16, 2017 2:53 PM
Jul 2018
Overall I just go with my current mood, sometimes I just feel like want a forum set or a profile based on something and then just make it, takes less than an hour usually, most of the time less than 10 minutes when I add nothing on my own and just crop and resize stuff.

Currently I have gurren lagann profile because I finished it recently and really loved it and as for forum set I have it because she is my waifu and because although I wanted a redline forum set I cannot think of any ideas so I am just keeping the one I have for now.

Also I change them pretty often like on a weekly basis most of the time.

Just go with whatever really, if you want one ultimate one for years then I dunno, you no.1 favorite character or anime should do.

Omkar_Nagwade said:
For the profile picture - I read a good trap doujin and decided to put "her" picture. I like "her"
read that one too, pretty good.

oryouohagi said:
Although it sucks, I made my signature and profil pic myself (artistic skills still in development).

As for my forum avatar, I wanted to have a GIF and was just rewatching Nagi no asukara, so I rolled with the best girl I guess.
Your profile pic actually looks pretty good.
Jun 16, 2017 2:53 PM

Aug 2014
rsc-pl said:
I like Karen so I set my avatar with her chibi picture, simple.

YO WHAT's GUCCI MY FELLOW KAREN LOVEr

i like karen too so yeah and i would be obliged to have consensual sexual intercourse with her ;)

penis lol
Jun 16, 2017 2:55 PM

Jan 2013
I change avatars often. Currently it's Sato from NHK ni Youkosou

My profile picture is Kenji Endo from 20th CB
Jun 16, 2017 2:56 PM

Jun 2015
Death note is the best anime and light yagami is my favorite character, his name backwards is imagay so i made my name light yagatonmi and you can figure out what that is backwards xD

also the profile picture is a picture of misa that i photoshoped to my liking

Jun 16, 2017 2:56 PM

Aug 2015
My profile and avatar is a set.. depending on my mood, I choose a character I want. That's it
Jun 16, 2017 3:01 PM
Sep 2014
I literally just drew an anime version of me. I am chinese and I love drawing, pandas and blue.
Jun 16, 2017 3:08 PM

Oct 2014
Profile pic = pixiv art
Avatar = FELT album cover that I haven't changed for years.
Jun 16, 2017 3:10 PM

Apr 2017
Profile Picture: My username is YuriCarrier and what better way to show my love for ships and Yuri then by having a picture of one my favorite shipgirl pairing in Kantai Collection. Yamato x Yahagi

Forum Avatar: I figure if I have a Kantai Collection picture in my profile picture​ then I use a Kantai Collection picture for my avatar as well. I had time deciding which shipgirl I wanted to use, but I chose Warspite in the end because I'm sucker for a woman with class.
Jun 16, 2017 3:12 PM

Jun 2015
I hardly ever have pics from anime/manga.
I just felt like I was in a Kaworu mood recently.

Normally I just pick random art I like the look of.

Jun 16, 2017 3:31 PM

Jun 2011
profile pic: I change them quite often, I choose characters that are either my favorites or just good looking (or both)

forum set: Sora Kasugano cause I luv her and the pics I used look nice and simple and all
Jun 16, 2017 3:48 PM

Oct 2015
dracarysIV said:
i'm asking that cuz i dont hv a clue about what should be my avatar and profile picture.

Your forum avatar - good choice! :thumbsup:

But you should watch the anime it's from - it is pretty cool, has one of the best titles around, and only lasts 11 minutes : One-Shot Bug Killer!! Interceptor Doll HoiHoi-san

-----------------------
I chose Hoihoi for profile picture :D, because I've liked the girls with guns idea ever since ... don't know, maybe always liked it.
Cute/ tiny girl with scary gun - even better.

my forum avatar is a follow-up choice.
Originally I felt I should choose an avatar that goes with my username - so it was either the snork or Nuku Nuku. I never watched the Moomin anime, do not intend to, so Nuku Nuku it was ...
So I went to take some screenshot from the Bannou Bunka Nekomusume anime, and went with Nuku Nuku doing a grimasse, sticking her tongue out.
It did not go well with cutting it down, into whatever the limits in pixels are.

So when I watched Stellvia of the Universe and saw Shima doing the same grimasse, I decided to make it a theme, using avatars doing that grimasse.

Ever since I have come across only 2 (last week : a 3rd, but seen from the side) other characters doing that, and they were mostly do not want them as avatar. :|
So now I am stuck with Shima, it is OK.
(Stein showed me a really, really, really good picture of Asuka sticking her tongue out - but me and NGE ... it's not a love story, so am not gonna take an Asuka avatar. :| )

I am lazy.
BannoBunka_snorkJun 16, 2017 4:08 PM
*darn, using my right hand is off-limits for a while. Typing with my left hand only is ... eww.*
Jun 16, 2017 3:51 PM

Jul 2013
for my forum avatar i used to have lightning from blue exorcist because i like the guy's character and it looked a lot like my usual responses to posts.

now i have this guy who looks somewhat like myself. just went and found a crisp pic of a cool looking guy lol.

Also randomly chose my profile pic cuz the person looks cool.
Jun 16, 2017 4:34 PM
Jul 2018
For my profile i choose a picture of my waifu;
My avatar is just a pokemon picture that i found while browsing and thought that was adorable.

As for your question just pick whatever you like. And if you dont like it anymore you can always change to something else.
Jun 16, 2017 4:38 PM

Mar 2016
I was watching K Anime when I discovered this website. The episode I was on had Neko in her cat form and so I backed up to that time and screenshotted her to use as my avatar and profile picture. She's adorable~
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Jun 16, 2017 4:41 PM

Aug 2015
I picked things that would suit the theme i was going for. something simple and white. because i like the look of it.
Jun 16, 2017 4:44 PM

Feb 2015
I made it myself, but it's heavily inspired by the classic battle shounen type of series I generally like.
Jun 16, 2017 4:44 PM

Oct 2013
Haibane Renmei is one of my favorite series.
Jun 16, 2017 4:45 PM

Oct 2015
favorite anime + favorite character
Jun 16, 2017 5:07 PM

Oct 2010
I've changed my avatar quite a few times in here. My first one if I remember correctly was Porco, the MC from Porco Rosso, great pig, better antifascist. A cool guy. I changed it to Shizuku from Whisper of the heart because I felt that the character represented myself and she had a quirky 4th wall-breaking pose.

Then declarative finger Osaka from Azumanga came, which is my most recognizable avatar and what people who know me here tend to identify me with. I've come back to her various times, and it's clear that I will again. Nothing represents better the mood I want to transmit with my posts.

I've had other avatars, from characters I like. Tomoko from Watamote, when I was in the mood for giving creepy vibes I guess, Luffy from One Piece (from the Omatsuri movie, when I felt edgy), Mima from Perfect Blue (the pose looked cooler than in avatar version), I think I had Madao from Gintama in his cool 5th opening pose, Tenma from School Rumble with a beard because why not...

...and now for the first time I have a non-anime related avatar. My recent obsession with Gravity Falls drove me to this adorably unsettling image of poor Dipper in sockpuppet form. In context (spoilery):

And I planned to become a supporter just to have I AM SOCK above my avatar, but that dream went nowhere. The funny thing is that I am recently in a more passive-agressive mood than usual, so having this avatar kind of helps to take me less seriously and avoid unnecessary conflict ¿?

I've had at least four profile pictures before my current one, that I can remember, in MAL. I think the first was a pic of Rakka from Haibane Renmei (this one) that I found really nice-looking. After that, Osaka, smiling in the Osaka way, no need to explain, it's just Osaka. The third was this image from Spirited away. On the fourth I used Chihiro again. It's the one I've kept the longest, and I honestly thought that it'd never change because it fit so perfectly with the mood I wanted to set for my profile. But eventually, I felt like I needed a change and came up with my current pic, which is a wallpaper art about Kanata from Sora no Woto I've always liked, and looks chill enough for me.
jal90Jun 16, 2017 5:48 PM
Jun 16, 2017 5:14 PM

Jun 2016
Mines pretty simple I love tokyo ghoul (manga) so I made my forum profile pic and same goes with my profile pic love kids on the slope :]
Jun 16, 2017 5:19 PM

Mar 2013
I found all of the pictures on 4chan lmao
Jun 16, 2017 5:19 PM
Jul 2018
Because I was really into Vampire Hunter D a while back, even bought some of the novels.

I pick'em based on hype, so I'll probably change them as soon as I watch another great anime.
Jun 16, 2017 5:22 PM

Apr 2011
I like 2B so I found this avy I liked.

As for my profile picture, I can't edit my own picture on ipad the way I want it so I just lazily took a premade one that looked decent.
Jun 16, 2017 5:23 PM

Jun 2014
it's based on looking badass and being a badass character
it needs to emit prowess and epicness

all those loli waifu pics can't be taken serious
shonenkingJun 16, 2017 6:06 PM
Jun 16, 2017 5:23 PM

Oct 2014
Well both profile picture and Avatar are my OC who was made for be by someone else.

And I like my OC's
Jun 16, 2017 5:27 PM
May 2017
After read what the guys said, probably i'll change my own picture to a caracter that i like e_e (just feeling weird haha)
Jun 16, 2017 5:29 PM

Mar 2016
My husband is Yashiro, so he's been my profile picture for months.
I love shota, so that's what my set is for.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Jun 16, 2017 5:34 PM

Jul 2012
i picked him because he was hot and i liked the character
Jun 16, 2017 6:07 PM
Jun 2016
I just choose my avatar based on one of my favorite characters that I think it's the most prettiest/ cute and I like in a fanart form.. looks great
Jun 16, 2017 6:21 PM

Nov 2011
I went with my favorite visual novel for my DP and favorite character for my signature, so I'd say just base them off your favorites!

Jun 16, 2017 6:23 PM
Jul 2018
It's usually at a random case scenario honestly. But most of the time I choose a avatar/profile from my profile or in the forums based on how cute the character is or depending on the picture in question. Just simple.
Jun 16, 2017 6:31 PM

Aug 2014
Laziness. I picked a character from a show that I liked and thats about how much thought went into having Undertaker from Black Butler as my pic. I don't think I've ever changed it, not that I don't want to, but again its out of laziness. I'd would like to have a gif as a forum pic instead but I can't be bothered to go and make one or go out of my way to find one that I like. Its also why I don't have a signature picture either.
Jun 16, 2017 6:35 PM
✿。

Apr 2012
I chose C.C because i like the art & she's one of my favorite characters!

:: Sʏᴍᴘʜᴏɴɪᴀ

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars

☆ ★ ☆ ★
Jun 16, 2017 6:40 PM

Aug 2016
I based it off of my favorite anime LOL
Jun 16, 2017 6:41 PM

Nov 2015
Steins;Gate 0... to indicate my hype and longing for the anime..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2017 6:46 PM

Nov 2014
I always gotta pick obscure characters to show how much of a piece of hipster trash I am.

Profile pic: Yuji Shishido from Tribe Cool Crew, a kids show about dancing.
Avatar is an unnamed paramedic character from an awesome VN called Dysfunctional Systems.
Jun 16, 2017 6:54 PM

Apr 2016
I liked Yuta Gamon and used him as my avatar and forum image. Simple
This is a signature. It is used to hold images and words. However, I am using it to store these lines your reading right now!
Jun 16, 2017 6:57 PM

Oct 2016
I have Chitanda, Eru as avatar since her character really resonated with me~ I also love Oreki x Eru ship <3 (which makes my siggy).

So I'd suggest you to pick an avatar/sig that has character/s you like or resonates well with your personality :)

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Jun 16, 2017 7:07 PM

May 2013
My favorite character, One piece fan boy of course.
Jun 16, 2017 7:10 PM

Apr 2012
don't have a profile pic atm but my avy is

https://myanimelist.net/character/149216/Nina_Drango

Jun 16, 2017 7:11 PM

Dec 2012
They are all basically chosen based on The Rule Of Cool and nothing much beyond that.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jun 16, 2017 7:22 PM

Nov 2016
Hehe, pretty cliche: I always use the pictures of my social media to spread the word of my favorite things. :) My most favorite thing at the moment is Ashi-Girl, so here I am displaying the main characters of the series. There are few websites in which my avatar or whatever isn't Ashi-Girl by now xD
Jun 16, 2017 7:41 PM

Nov 2014
I chose it because Tsukiko.
Duckweed is easy to grow and is a nutritious snack for water fowl, poultry, and fish
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jun 16, 2017 8:04 PM

Jun 2015
Profile pic: I chose Piccolo because he's the hero of my childhood and he's the character that reminds me the most of myself.

Avatar and Sig: I chose Pitou not only because I find her quite attractive, but also because her personality quite resembles my forum persona.
Jun 16, 2017 8:26 PM

Mar 2013
It's like what everyone has said, choose your favourite character or show.
I chose my precious lizard son and I tried to find a picture that really captured his character.
Jun 16, 2017 8:32 PM

Sep 2016
I choose avatars to represent a side of myself, merely liking a character or thing isn't enough. This character's expression is what I was looking for, as it matches my general outlook on life. The design looks nice and the background colour goes well with the text colour I use to write posts.

Jun 16, 2017 8:41 PM
Jul 2018
My Profile Pic is based off my favorite band (Say Anything)
My Avatar is based off my favorite anime (Steins;Gate)
Jun 16, 2017 9:00 PM

Dec 2013
Sakaki is the best, it's as simple as that.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Underrated character designs/outfits you think are appealing / sexy

IpreferEcchi - 3 hours ago

7 by TsutanaiFuun »»
45 seconds ago

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 7 hours ago

9 by TsutanaiFuun »»
1 minute ago

» I made a new list of anime I like.

luigirovatti - 1 minute ago

0 by luigirovatti »»
1 minute ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 2 hours ago

16 by Vendicator »»
3 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 5 hours ago

23 by Vendicator »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.