Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 16, 2017 11:17 AM
Jun 2017
movie/ are excluded ova/ona less than 1 hours are to
after looking at this

i think that Violet Evergarden will be the anime with the best animation ever
so what is the best anime with the best animation? will it be violet ever garden? or are there some anime with better animation?
what i am sure at least is that the anime with the best animation is a kyoto animation anime
myengisbadJun 16, 2017 11:51 AM
Since Koe no Katachi has a very high rating her on MAL, rated by nearly 100k users currently should we try to upvote the movie on the worlds largest database related to films? This movie only has around 4,5k votes at the moment. Let's all vote and make the rating higher?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5323662/

if we make it more popular it will raise more money so it will support the anime industry and make anime more popular between all the peoples since IMDb is not an anime site
so more quality anime will be made
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 16, 2017 11:41 AM
Jun 2017
giving a push up
post post post post post
Since Koe no Katachi has a very high rating her on MAL, rated by nearly 100k users currently should we try to upvote the movie on the worlds largest database related to films? This movie only has around 4,5k votes at the moment. Let's all vote and make the rating higher?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5323662/

if we make it more popular it will raise more money so it will support the anime industry and make anime more popular between all the peoples since IMDb is not an anime site
so more quality anime will be made
Jun 16, 2017 11:50 AM

Sep 2015
Mob Psycho 100
Flip Flappers

Those come to mind from recent memory.

Also I've only seen few eps but Unlimited Budget Works maybe?
Jun 16, 2017 11:55 AM

Aug 2008
I guess I will go with Makoto Shinkai work.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 16, 2017 12:00 PM

Apr 2015
Obligatory Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works, regardless if it is or isn't.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Jun 16, 2017 12:02 PM

Aug 2016
Just dropping by to tell y'all that that video is a light novel commercial, not a trailer. The TV series won't look nearly as fancy, because it is not sustainable.

Jun 16, 2017 12:03 PM

Dec 2013
That's just a trailer so who knows about the eps, impressive though. I'm always hesitant about LNs, is it any good? Looks intriguing and I love that cover art.
Jun 16, 2017 12:03 PM

Sep 2009
I'd probably have to go with Drifters.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jun 16, 2017 12:07 PM

Aug 2016
If you don't care about how much time was spent on a project as a way to discredit something, then Redline wins it for me.

(nvm, you said not movies, so I'll go with Mob Psycho 100 and One Punch Man)
MechKingKillbotJun 16, 2017 1:00 PM
Jun 16, 2017 12:07 PM

Feb 2016
Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin)

MODERS – JUMP ON THE BOTTLE!!!

Jun 16, 2017 12:08 PM

Feb 2010
I know one thing for sure it's not gonna be a TV anime. Even the best ones tend to be a bunch of sakuga moments and in between you have pretty standard stuff. Movies just have more budget and more time and therefore more details. If you're only judging the sakuga scenes then yes, something like Mob Psycho 100 is up there for sure. But if you judge the consistency of the animation quality the best movies just win. Ghibli comes to mind of course but at the end of the day the final decision just depends on what kind of animation style you like the most. Hyperrealistic stuff like Jin-Roh or the Bebop Movie or Akira, or more experimental and creative animation like Mind Game, Redline or Kaguya-hime.

And yeah that Violet Evergarden PV looks great. But it's only a ~40 second PV. I've seen a lot of 1 minute shorts with awesome and unique animation. It's not that hard to keep that up for such a short amount of time. It really doesn't say anything about the overall animation quality of the Series. Most of it will still be just people walking, their mouths moving and so on. No TV anime can go all-out in terms of animation for more than a few moments per episode, only movies can.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 16, 2017 12:30 PM

May 2015
Excluding movies and shorts but including a PV that last less than 50 seconds? That's unfair.

However it still doesn't hold a candle to Inferno Cop, Mononoke nor Ping Pong the animation.

zalJun 16, 2017 1:06 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2017 12:45 PM
Aug 2016
One Punch Man and Hajime no Ippo

and if you want some good looking trailers then here you are:

Jun 16, 2017 12:58 PM

Oct 2015
I'd probably go with either Kotonoha no Niwa or Redline... Too different to choose between the two.
Jun 16, 2017 1:30 PM

Jan 2016
I would say Space Dandy

Considering his lenght it was amazing.
Jun 16, 2017 1:33 PM

Feb 2016
Pffffff OP

Nothing compares to the animation quality of studio TRIGGER, everyone knows studio TRIGGER has the best animation ever.
Jun 16, 2017 1:34 PM
Jul 2018
Stein_ said:
Just dropping by to tell y'all that that video is a light novel commercial, not a trailer. The TV series won't look nearly as fancy, because it is not sustainable.

just gonna back this up and regret it later

cyall
Jun 16, 2017 1:38 PM
serendipity

Oct 2015
as shit as the anime is the best animation has to be hand shakers

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
Jun 16, 2017 1:38 PM

Oct 2014
I probably favor mob psycho,the animation is not only awesome but the way its used,the quirky style and character designs really help to tell the story and the comedy
I am not sure i have an answer for what is better on a purely technical level but that is a subject i am not that interested
Jun 16, 2017 1:54 PM

Apr 2017
Aquamirror said:
Pffffff OP

Nothing compares to the animation quality of studio TRIGGER, everyone knows studio TRIGGER has the best animation ever.

thank god yes i agree the holy light of TRIGGER animation shines brightly

イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Jun 16, 2017 2:03 PM

Sep 2015
Which is the best fit for the story it tells?
Without taking into account what the animation is used for and how successful it is in fulfilling its purpose, there is no basis for choosing the best.
Jun 16, 2017 2:21 PM

Dec 2015
What? I came here to list things like the beautiful Macross - Ai oboete imasuka, Char's Counterattack or Venus Wars but I am not allowed to?!

What a bad luring title.

edit @xenovibe Oh no, it' not just you. It's you and me. Oversaturated or overfiltered pictures neither make the picture beautifully drawn nor the animation fluidity better (at first I thought this thread was about animation's quality but it's again from someone who confuses a drawing with moving pictures). I tried to watch their works a few times but it's hard when you're not blind enough to imagine this rendering makes things magically better. (only their long movie series seemed a bit detached from this bad tendency).
About the "stiff characters", I'm not sure if this is what you meant but I found the characters looked like paperboard figures. And the ámount of 3DCGI or special effects during certain scenes made them stand out even more like they aren't even part of the picture but were grossly overlayed/patched on the screen.
Rei_IIIJun 17, 2017 12:37 AM
Jun 16, 2017 2:23 PM

Sep 2016
I think it is quite difficult if only pick one anime for best animation ever. Kyoukai no Kanata and Yozakura Quartet Hana no Uta is my favorite for best animation

Violet Evergarden is one of my favorite upcoming anime. KyoAni makes a fantastic anime project for the next year, the animation of Evergarden PV was insane!

Based on track record and the KyoAni project in 2018, 3 movies (Hibike Euphonium 1 & 2, Chunibyou) and 1 TV serial (Violet Evergarden), I think their TV series will get a fantastic animation. You know, KyoAni is one of the studios that have consistent quality on their work. I remember Koe no Katachi, Kyoukai no Kanata, Hyouka, Hibike Euphonium, Chuunibyou, Kobayashi-san Maid Dragon, all of that anime have the same quality as the PV.
NabeliaJun 16, 2017 4:41 PM
Jun 16, 2017 2:41 PM

Nov 2011
I watched one (and only one) episode of Fresh Precure! that was well animated throughout. The character acting was lively, the fighting was good, and I didn't notice any of the more egregious cost-cutting techniques like still frames.

For an entire episode of a TV series, that was noteworthy, but virtually any movie or well-budgeted OVA could do better. (Also, before anyone gets any ideas, Fresh Precure! generally isn't well animated.)

Still, consistent good animation isn't what people on MAL are usually referring to when they say "well animated series". Most people on MAL are referring to sakuga density, which isn't exactly the same thing even though that's part of being well animated, but I'm digressing.

OP, look at Mob Psycho, One Punch Man, and maybe Cowboy Bebop and Heartcatch Precure!. The former two just have a ton of sakuga, while the latter two have unusually consistently good animation (for the TV format) along with more frequent than usual sakuga.
TripleSRankJun 16, 2017 2:47 PM
Jun 16, 2017 2:42 PM

Sep 2016
Aquamirror said:
Pffffff OP

107 completed anime in your stat is not enough for reference. If you watch animes from Kyoto Animation and A-1 Picture, they have anime with the best animation. Unfotable aslo have best animation.
NabeliaJun 16, 2017 3:55 PM
Jun 16, 2017 2:43 PM

Mar 2016
Just looks like Koe no Katachi animation to me.
That animation was splendid, might I add.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Jun 16, 2017 2:48 PM

Apr 2016
If we are talking about animation, studios Trigger, KyoAni and ufotable take the cake. They have the best looking animation in the industry right now. And they are more or less consistent.
Production I.G is also really great with GiTS, Usagi Drop, Kimi ni Todoke and SnK.

Will Violet Evergarden be the best animated TV series? NO.
Because KyoAni has a habit of surpassing it's previous works. Just look at their journey from Haruhi Suzumiya to Hyouka and Hibike. It keeps getting better and better. But VioEver will probably be the best animated TV anime of 2018.

Also, why the hell are you guys mentioning movies when OP clearly said excluding movies.
Manyaa_-Jun 16, 2017 2:53 PM
Jun 16, 2017 2:50 PM

Aug 2010
Stein_ said:

Yup, it's Kyonai, probably will look way better than this. Well, it won't have these fancy fyling fucks around but still.
Jun 16, 2017 3:00 PM

Jan 2014
shingeki no bahamut season 1 had some amazing animated moments imo. S2 so far is lackluster in comparison in almost every aspect tbh, hopefully this will change at some point...

kabaneri had some really nice animation too at times, even though the story was avg.

If were talking creativity and gimmicks though ping pong the animation used animation really well despite its sketchy art style, and recently i watched tanaka-kun which unexpectedly used gimmicks and animation pretty creatively. Nichijou too. You could probably put tatami galaxy in here too even though I'm not a fan. Bakamonogatari stuff also.

Really most shows nowadays have excellent quality in terms of animation.. even shitty shows usually have some amazing animations at times nowadays.
Jun 16, 2017 3:00 PM

Aug 2016
oryouohagi said:
Stein_ said:

Yup, it's Kyonai, probably will look way better than this. Well, it won't have these fancy fyling fucks around but still.

Oh I'm sure it will look unbelievably gorgeous, but (way) better than those commercials? Nope nope nope.
No matter how perfect KyoAni's planning is, that animation is not even feasible for a movie, let alone a TV series.

Fuck, just look at it. It's ridiculous.
Jun 16, 2017 3:04 PM

Apr 2016
Kara no Kyoukai, anyone?

It's great.
Jun 16, 2017 3:23 PM

Oct 2014
Everyone is going to have a different answer because there's no clear definition on what makes good animation. Some people will favour art, some character design, some will favour particle effects. However, based on the PV, it seems like Violet Evergarden does all of them well.
Jun 16, 2017 3:28 PM

Mar 2016
MortalMelancholy said:
I'd probably have to go with Drifters.

Hahahahahahaha that's a joke, right?

That trailer looks nice, I might watch the show just for the animation if it looks that good
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2017 3:31 PM
Oct 2013
Stein_ said:

This!

To give you an example from a gem of my childhood.

This is the intro:

Looks amazing doesn´t it?

This is the animation the series itself received!

Doesn´t look so good now does it?

On topic, this is CGI animation it´ll be extremely dated in a decade and can only deliver by being shot from specific angles.

For comparision: CGI Animation

Same team 5 years later.

Same team 2 more years later

Each of those are 2 minutes long and cost 600000$ to make forgett it!

Disney handdrawn animation from 2 decades ago:

Cowboy Bebop from a decade ago, also handdrawn

200000$ for a 20 minute episode, due to animation studio slave labor !
IsterioJun 16, 2017 4:16 PM
Jun 16, 2017 3:43 PM

Jan 2013
Zapredon said:
I guess I will go with Makoto Shinkai work.
Yeah, same here. Kotonoha no Niwa is the best animation I've ever seen visually
Jun 16, 2017 3:48 PM

May 2014
I'm banking on Touken Ranbu once it airs.
That new PV looked like Unlimited Bladeworks...but better. Gotta love Ufotable- most of the frames of their anime could be made into wall scrolls *o*
Jun 16, 2017 3:51 PM

Mar 2017
everything by Makoto Shinkai or Shaft Studios.
Wolf Children is very pretty too.
╠╬╣ 일 » 이 » 삼 » 사 ╠╬╣

Jun 16, 2017 3:53 PM

Jan 2014
MechKingKillbot said:
If you don't care about how much time was spent on a project as a way to discredit something, then Redline wins it for me.

(nvm, you said not movies, so I'll go with Mob Psycho 100 and One Punch Man)

Lmao i was about to write redline too xD.
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Jun 16, 2017 4:03 PM
Mar 2015
Rei366 said:
What? I came here to list things like the beautiful Macross - Ai oboete imasuka, Char's Counterattack or Venus Wars but I am not allowed to?!

What a bad luring title.

You can include Gundam Unicorn though.
Jun 16, 2017 4:05 PM
Mar 2015
Stein_ said:

Seeing KyoAni's track record, I'd have to disagree...
Jun 16, 2017 4:07 PM
May 2015
gonna have to go with ninja slayer from animation
Jun 16, 2017 4:33 PM
Apr 2016
Boruto and ping pong the animation, the art looking so good as well
Jun 16, 2017 7:33 PM
May 2015
Berserk (2017).

here me out,
I love the shading and art, not the CG. I like the lines on the characters, it looks kinda cool.
Jun 16, 2017 7:52 PM

Jun 2015
Imma have to say Girls Work.

It's been sitting in production hell for so long, it better be good.
Jun 16, 2017 8:08 PM

Apr 2017
myengisbad said:
movie/ are excluded ova/ona less than 1 hours are to
after looking at this

i think that Violet Evergarden will be the anime with the best animation ever
so what is the best anime with the best animation? will it be violet ever garden? or are there some anime with better animation?
what i am sure at least is that the anime with the best animation is a kyoto animation anime
omg looking forward to this, ishikawa yui is voicing the mc too!

i like charlotte's animation btw and some of makoto shinkai's works

still life: pink roses
Jun 16, 2017 8:45 PM

Mar 2015
the only correct answer is nichijou.... it's the pinacle of animation...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 16, 2017 8:59 PM
Feb 2017
Hmmm, I wouldn't say 'best animation ever', but those are the first anime series that come to mind and are amazing: (In no particular order)

-One Punch Man
-Zankyou No Terror (This one was a beauty in both art and music)
-Kiznaiver (Horrible anime but amazing anime art)
-Another (Another horrible anime with amazing anime art)
Jun 16, 2017 9:53 PM

Nov 2009
Try Steamboy, Akira or any of the Ghibli classics which are all essentially in a league of their own in terms of animation.

InsaneLeader13 said:
Obligatory Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works, regardless if it is or isn't.

Maybe it's just me but filling the screen with lens flare and other overbearing effects isn't exact what I would associate with the cream of the crop of 2D animation, especially when that show's character movements are so stiff and lifeless.
Jun 16, 2017 10:09 PM

Dec 2015
jeikobu11 said:
Berserk (2017).

here me out,
I love the shading and art, not the CG. I like the lines on the characters, it looks kinda cool.

Choose difficulty:
Yeah [ ]
Maybe [ ]
Kinda [ ]
No [ ]
Naah [ ]
Hell naah [ ]
Fuck no [ ]
Seriously, fuck no [ ]
Aw, hell naah to the naah naah naah [X]
Jun 16, 2017 10:20 PM
Jul 2018
where do I start.

no movies and OVAs? but well, @Pullman explained it well enough so I won't go much into detail about that part, a series won't have to good animation most of the time, it is just people walking and talking, standing and talking, sitting and talking and so on for most series even if the more important scenes have better animation it is hard to compare those really like what approach should someone even take.

Also that is just a trailer it won't look even NEAR AS GOOD as that, not even freaking close, this looks almost as good as redline or perhaps even better and that movie took 7 years to make so nope, not happening, simply: no.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Your favourite romance ( 1 2 )

Jackson_rajkumar - 8 hours ago

50 by slowie- »»
12 seconds ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase? ( 1 2 3 )

Catalano - Apr 25

141 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
4 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

275 by SouthRzVa »»
12 minutes ago

» Did I ever tell you what the definition of stupidity is?

Rinrinka - 7 hours ago

16 by Kushna »»
13 minutes ago

» Why do people like consuming media watching specifically opposite sex get together? ( 1 2 )

Oshieteoshiete4 - Yesterday

72 by Absurdo_N »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.