Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jun 2, 2017 9:13 PM

May 2009
I just want Ymir to punch Eren to shut him up :(
Anyway... I was as confuse as Eren at some parts.. I actually thought Reiner was telling the two that they are some kind of human weapons. lol When Ymir said, "I think I've figured it out", I was like, "Please Ymir, enlighten me please!" XD

Great episode still! :)

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
Jun 3, 2017 9:45 PM

May 2017
Loved this episode! Not much action, but the dialogue is so intense!
lol Eren being Eren
And is it just me, or are the episodes in this season shorter? I NEED MORE (only 3 episodes left!)
That Marco flashback... *sobs*
WHAT IS GOING ON?!
Ymir is not on their side now, right? she's only looking like that at Eren cause he's annoying, right?
Again, great episode! 5/5
Happy anime-ing!
Jun 4, 2017 4:10 AM
May 2017
minaeshi said:
Honestly, I'm confused as to why so many people are upset about this dialogue filled episode. So much was revealed during this conversation. We now know that;
Reiner has PTSD
Reiner, Bert & Annie witnessed Marco's death, the first and only 3 character to have done so which we know of.
Ymir has a good idea about how she became a titan
Eren was important enough for Reiner and Bert to take back home with them

As a manga reader, I know why all of these things are important to the overall anime, but as an anime only watcher, you can at least appreciate how much character development these four characters have in this one episode, as slow as it was.

The only thing that annoyed me was them showing the scene with Marco. I feel like it was too early for that. I also hope the next episode won't be focused on Ymir's past because that in itself is a big spoiler about the origins of "titans"

Cole101168 said:
also one last question? who was taken with Eren & Ymir there was one more, WHO was it ???

It was Bertholdt. His colossal form took Ymir, then he left his titan form, carried her, and used the 3DMG to jump onto Reiner (who was holding Eren) to escape.

Thanks so much, and u called it about the next episode.
Jun 6, 2017 2:13 PM
Apr 2014
srsly what the fuck is going on with Reiner? Did he lose his mind? His behavior was weird when he started the fight with Eren on the wall already but that was just unexpected. Now he has definitely gone insane.

But honestly those two guys can't deal with people properly xD That was like almost the worst thing Bertholdt could have told Eren in that situation. They should know how easily Eren snaps. They should just keep quiet because they are just making it more difficult for themselves the next time they have to fight him.

And Ymir is starting to get annoying, too. Probably will end up as enemy after this conversation I guess. It's a shame.
Jun 7, 2017 3:07 AM

Jul 2008
Reiner is god damn nuts...

And I agree with Eren, screw Reiner's reasoning I want to rip his head off.
Jun 10, 2017 7:52 AM

Jun 2013
Reiner's suffering from disillusions of reality. Also, Reiner, stop lusting after Krista, you piece of shit.

Although Bertolt looks resigned to his fate, he still looks overly miserable and I don't blame the guy.

As usual, Eren can eat my ass. His over-the-top "I'll kill all titans" but fucking fails every time unless he's in his titan form just pisses me off. Even Ymir is tired of his bullshit.

臭い-
Jun 10, 2017 2:40 PM

Sep 2013
So Reiner got Marco killed. What a bitch.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Jun 14, 2017 4:30 PM

Apr 2014
eren was annoying af this episode, just when i was beginning to tolerate him

interesting episode though
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2017 7:42 AM

Jun 2013
Wow! Really good episode!
Jun 16, 2017 2:35 PM

May 2013
LOL the beginning when Hanji fainted after being told she should faint XD

Fricken Reiner and his messed up self *sigh* Getcho shiet together, man! You should've just stayed a soldier smh
Jun 17, 2017 7:04 PM

Feb 2013
An episode of lengthy non-explanations.
Jun 18, 2017 2:52 AM
Jul 2018
All I thought of when seeing Eren and Ymir' s arms were "hot dog or sausage arms". Seriously.
Jun 18, 2017 8:48 PM

May 2016
Hange did exactly what Moblit said to her lmao

This felt more like a recap episode that compiled what has happened so far. I didn't expect to see how Marco died.

Turns out that every one of the traitors had second thoughts and guilt after doing the unforgivable. They might've caused the apocalypse but they were such good characters back then that I can't help but feel bad for them a little.

Jun 19, 2017 9:37 AM

Jan 2014
they're all talk half assed.
what happened in the world right now?
and what kind of faction Reiner in?
is it a village/city/country/faction full of shifter?
why Reiner's faction wants to kill humans, why they said there's no future?

Reiner use Christa as a bait to lure Ymir to his side.
I hope Ymir didn't turn to Reiner side.
Jun 19, 2017 10:37 AM

Jun 2012
That was an annoying hanging episode, no conclusion and more bull.
Jun 19, 2017 5:50 PM

Jan 2015
Imo this series biggest weaknesses are its MCs and how it handles its mystery elements. This episode focused on both of them.
Watching Eren throw fits all the time like a self-righteous foolhardy idiot is really tiring... In any self-respecting show, he would've been a secondary character that dies early but his plot armour is even thicker than that of the armoured titan himself.
HapHazrDJun 19, 2017 5:56 PM
Jun 20, 2017 3:33 PM

Jun 2008
After all that talking i kind of hoped i would be able to get some info that revealed some shit but in the end nothing really other than Reiner being all over the place.
I wonder if Yumir will betray Eren and others.
Jun 20, 2017 9:33 PM

Jul 2013
Even without any action this was an intense episode. Sad that there unfortunately aren't any answers for all the questions I have. Seeing Eren without half of his arms and also Ymir without one arm and leg looked weird throughout the whole episode.

At least now it's confirmed Reiner has multiple personalities. Soldier Reiner and Warrior Reiner. When he began to talk like always and asking Ymir where she found the cannon was pretty fucked up.
I knew Eren would rage, I mean he told both of them what happened to his mother. I don't think you can ever imagine how Eren must have been felt in this situation. But he has no choice. These abnormal titans under the tree looking extremely dangerous, so there's no escape.

What I don't get is Reiner talks about their home and that he wants to take Eren and Ymir with them. But what is it what he calls "home"? Are there only people who can transform into titans? He and Bertold also seems to know something about that Ape titans. Why does the world doesn't have an future? Wtf. I want to go crazy >.<

Of course Reiner had a good idea arguing with Ymir about protecting Krista. But it doesn't seem that Ymir trust Reiner or Eren also like Eren doesn't trust Ymir or Reiner. This is a really tricky and tense situation for all of them.

But the survey corps are on their way and almost there. That means Reiner and Bertold can't rest till evening and have to leave before. I wonder which offer Ymir will make in the next episode.

Jun 26, 2017 3:05 PM

Feb 2015
It's ridiculous how much Eren as protagonist drags down this otherwise pretty awesome show. He's so bad as a main character, I just wish he'd disappear already.
Jun 28, 2017 9:35 PM
Sep 2016
Nice ep, i don't know what's happening at all xD
Jul 3, 2017 5:38 PM

May 2012
A slower more dialogue based episode, it was okay but this shit is really getting on my nerves though!
Jul 9, 2017 2:18 PM

Jul 2009
Reiner going crazy.
Jul 30, 2017 12:35 PM

Aug 2016
_Spectacled_ said:
Hmm, I wonder which chapter this season is going to end at. This episode only adapted one chapter and looks like next episode's gonna have the same pace

It seems they slightly incorporate a lot of newest stuff from manga. I guess it's sort of pay off for making us wait Four Fokin Years before making second season. Well its something.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2017 9:22 AM

Jan 2013
Even though there was a lot of talk, I liked it, it shows how conflicted Reiner really is.
I really want to know who the Ape Titan is, clearly a person even Reiner and Bertholdt can look up to with sparkling eyes ^^

After all that, Eren's just standing there, barely getting any of it, unable to do anything.
Aug 8, 2017 11:22 AM
Aug 2014
Probably my favourite episode this season.

Both Ymir and Reiner telling Eren to shut the fuck up and stop being so naive was rather satisfying. As Eren was shouting way too much again. Didn't care for Ymir at the start of the season, but she is growing on me.
Aug 14, 2017 4:17 AM

Mar 2015
Really looking forward to finding out exactly how much they know, and how that big monkey ties into all of this
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 18, 2017 8:50 PM

Mar 2012
Eren's lack of any real character development from the very first episode to over 30 episodes in is starting to pale in comparison to how much i feel cucked everytime i watch this show. All that talk, you'd think it was going somewhere. But honestly, we got this far just be shown Reiner is fucked up in the head, and kidnapping him was incredibly pointless. I don't even get why i'm surprised anymore. How much screaming do we have to bear before we get anywhere this season?

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Sep 18, 2017 8:51 PM

Mar 2012
Looks like Reiner is a bit messed up in the head.
Oct 9, 2017 1:13 PM

Apr 2012
Where does Ymir get off acting all self righteous? She's eaten humans before.
For all anybody knows, that could have sparked Bertolt & Reiner's murderous rampage.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Nov 12, 2017 1:49 AM

Sep 2012
whatever it is she doesn't tell Eren is cause hes bit dumb & would go charging in without thinking & gets himself killed so i see her point keeping quiet
Dec 23, 2017 3:29 AM

Dec 2012
Eren's arms.
LMAO at the Titan on the ground just chilling.
lol at shy Titan.
They're not soldier's, but warriors?
A clash of wills.
Who is the enemy?
The Survey corps are coming.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 28, 2018 1:01 PM

Mar 2017
Some interesting dialogue this episode. What the hell is up with Reiner? lol.

The behaviour of Eren the Super Brat is as tedious as ever.
Feb 11, 2018 1:16 PM

Apr 2014
-Reiner confirmed internally conflicted, although we didn't need a whole episode to confirm that fact given how there's only 12 episodes.

-Eren as hotheaded as ever.

-Preview indicates we'll be receiving some answers regarding Ymir, which is good as this season has introduced an abundance of questions while providing little in the way of answers.
Mar 15, 2018 11:05 AM

Mar 2016
Even if Reiner has changed, that does not mean his actions in the past can be forgiven! Eren was right to kill them in the most painful way, but at the same time, Ymir was also right about the fact that killing them does not solve everything.

The true enemies are still unknown then...
Mar 25, 2018 5:19 AM
Jun 2017
I really like it when action and chaos take place,but i`m also a fanatic of good dialogue scenes, which are those moments when you get closer to one character or to the main plot. However, all is in the air in this chapter, and barely nothing has been explained till now.Neither the plot , nor Reiner or Bertolt`s attitudes. I cannot think of them about such a criminals, because they do not feel as it. I don`t think they are good characters, from that point of view.
Apr 10, 2018 4:25 PM
Dec 2014
Absolutely dreadful. Complete disappointment.
Apr 10, 2018 4:25 PM
Apr 2018
Levi is a shit character pls nerf for season 3
Aug 10, 2018 8:06 PM
Mar 2012
Baka Eren always single minded on killing enemies, but at least monologue shows some thought & minimal patience.
Ymir also single minded on Christa.
Lol Hange for science.
Nice to finally get more dialogue, and into Reiner's messed up psychology.
Jun 15, 2019 1:07 PM

Dec 2018
Holy fuck! How could Eren be such stupid!? Damn, just stop raging and start believing in your only ally at the moment. Ymir has to have a reason for telling nothing. I liked Reiner's broken mind though
Jul 10, 2019 6:44 AM

May 2016
A pretty dialogue heavy episode, although interesting to listen to nonetheless. Eren looked pissed the whole episode xD
Aug 25, 2019 8:34 AM

Jul 2008
At this point I feel like the Titans are like the equivalent of a global superpower (USA) murdering people from third world countries who don't have anywhere near the technology required to fight back on equal ground. The ones from the global superpower somehow justify it to themselves that they're just soldiers fighting on the winning side in order to survive, and yet sometimes can feel sorry when there are civilian casualties (Eren's mom). When in Eren's perspective they're just straight up murderers, much like a child who would see their parents become a casualty of war. Instead of bullets and bombs they're just being eaten.
Nov 14, 2019 2:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Things are so tense between them !! Can't wait to know how it will turn
Jan 4, 2020 4:52 PM

Aug 2018
This ep was too confusing af
I dont know whats happening in their convos xD
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Feb 6, 2020 8:42 AM

Jun 2017
My girl Ymir spitting up facts about Eren, a perfect foot soldier who can only toggle between binary numbers..So the key to their hometown lies with Beast titan ,interesting..
The self inflicted dissonance makes it worse to look at Reiner from a villainous standpoint..Something ought have happened in his childhood to force him in taking this path.
bakakisimaFeb 6, 2020 11:09 AM
Mar 21, 2020 11:59 PM

Mar 2019
So Reiner has a split personality, intresting. Also I loved Eren's face expressions this ep
Jul 8, 2020 7:52 PM

Jul 2016
Ymir turning into a snake? Who knows, i hope not but i would not be that shocked if she did to be honest
Jul 31, 2020 5:19 PM

Mar 2019
Poor Eren, but still, he's kinda dumb when yelling every second.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 24, 2020 9:28 AM

Feb 2019
Reiner with the split personality thing is sad, Butthole is one cold.. asshole.

Eren is annoying this ep.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Nov 8, 2020 7:33 PM

Feb 2020
eren is such a mood in this episode, same bro i have no idea what is going on and why anything is happening

what's so special about reiner and bertolt's hometown that they want to take eren there anyway? and what is the deal with the beast titan i ask yet again
Dec 6, 2020 3:11 AM

Apr 2020
Looks like Bertolt and Reiner found out about the beast titan
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

689 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.