Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (113) « First ... « 80 81 [82] 83 84 » ... Last »
Sep 6, 2019 4:26 AM
Jul 2018
Kung Fu Panda 2 is the best movie out of the trilogy.
Sep 6, 2019 11:28 AM

Sep 2017
Koi to Uso is great !
Sep 6, 2019 3:09 PM

Nov 2017
I prefer watching Cowboy Bebop in Japanese. Sue me!
Sep 6, 2019 3:11 PM

Apr 2017
Starchaser said:
I prefer watching Cowboy Bebop in Japanese. Sue me!

laughs in italian dub
Sep 7, 2019 10:49 AM
Jul 2018
I'm not a fan of Charlie Puth's newest song "I Warned Myself". It's imo his weakest single so far. And that choke he makes in the middle of the official video is so unnecessary; it's cringe.
Sep 7, 2019 12:11 PM

Mar 2015
Brave Shine isn't the best Fate op
Sep 8, 2019 5:35 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Mirai said:
Brave Shine isn't the best Fate op

Yeah, the second op of Fate/Zero and the first op of Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/Stay Night UBW is way better
Sep 8, 2019 5:37 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Xstasy said:
Kuudere suck

This guy gets it.
Sep 8, 2019 6:21 PM

Sep 2014
Given is a great show

...for insomnia 😌

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Sep 8, 2019 10:54 PM
Oct 2018
What are some popular opinion or generally acceoted ideas in this community you disagree with.
Its not about unpopular opinion so plese refrain from doing it.

Please dont write something like
° popular opnion is thay hunter x hunyer is a good anime but i disagree with it as its just shit.
Or
°many think sao is shit but i like it.
Or°people like/hate character x but i hate/like it.
Above are just examples not not my personal view.

You can give opnion like
°Many people felt comedy in fmab was disturbing but I disagree as it incresed my enjoyment of the show or many such things.

Let me go first-

Its a popular opinion that second half of death note decresed tge shows quality but for me that part dis exactly what it was meant to do. It showed the downfall of someone who started beliving himself as god quiet well. Untill L was alive light was like a human. He used to plan meticulously and was careful but after L's death he became overconfident and careless. I dont belive there could have been a better end of it.

Ps- you can even discuss if you think other's opinion who wrote in this opinion didnt match with yours
25NOVemberSep 8, 2019 11:04 PM
Sep 8, 2019 11:08 PM

Feb 2017
I can't understand why people like One Piece, I don't like it, and I can't stand to watch a whole, single episode and I'm wondering why you guys like it or tell me your reasons why...
We are EVERYWHERE...
Sep 8, 2019 11:35 PM

Nov 2017
It's a popular opinion that Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica is a deconstruction of the magical girl genre - more specifically the magical warrior sub-genre - but I don't really think that's the case. The show doesn't really examine the genre conventions to show how flawed they are, nor is it really applying any meaningful real world logic to them in order to expose their hidden implications.
Sep 8, 2019 11:43 PM

Sep 2014
Vilkku92 said:
It's a popular opinion that Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica is a deconstruction of the magical girl genre - more specifically the magical warrior sub-genre - but I don't really think that's the case. The show doesn't really examine the genre conventions to show how flawed they are, nor is it really applying any meaningful real world logic to them in order to expose their hidden implications.

yeah, it's obvious its not a deconstruction to anyone that has seen a single other magical girl show but well, someone started the meme and here were we are 8 years later still hearing that shit
Sep 8, 2019 11:50 PM

Apr 2013
In my opinion "Welcome to the NHK" is a horrible anime. I don't understand people who say it's one of the best comedy anime out there, I wouldn't even call it comedy. The protagonist wasn't relatable at all, his personality changed from episode to episode.

Sep 9, 2019 12:11 AM

Mar 2015
Oregairu 2nd season is a snoozefest.
Sep 9, 2019 12:25 AM

Aug 2017
I can't understand why people think that One Punch Man is funny. I got bored after the fourth joke. Also, Saitama is not likeable and he's far from being hilarious. Whenever he was around, I roll my eyes.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 9, 2019 12:29 AM

Feb 2015
MAL's top 10 anime is shit (okay, with the exception of Steins;Gate).
Sep 9, 2019 12:55 AM

Jul 2016
That anime reviews are objective critique. I'll be honest, I'm not sure how common this idea is, but I think it's complete bullshit
Sep 9, 2019 1:05 AM

Mar 2019
Milennin said:
ARE YOU SAYIN DEATH NOTE IS SHIT!?!?
Sep 9, 2019 1:48 AM

May 2018
25NOVember said:

Its a popular opinion that second half of death note decresed tge shows quality...

There is a genuine reason for that - the anime rushed the adaptation of the second part of the manga.

AnimaExZero said:
I'm wondering why you guys like it or tell me your reasons why...

It gets good (shows its potential and what is really about) around 100 episodes in...and gets practically unwatchable around 700...
More or less you should be a battle shounen fan to bear with it between the rare occasions when good stuff happens.

Gator said:
In my opinion "Welcome to the NHK" is a horrible anime. I don't understand people who say it's one of the best comedy anime out there,

Well "best" is a stretch but at least its an interesting idea.

Gator said:
I wouldn't even call it comedy.

More of dramedy

Gator said:
The protagonist wasn't relatable at all

Believe me, it's totally relatable for a person prone to hikikomori phases like me (more popular as social anxiety).

Gator said:
his personality changed from episode to episode.

He doesn't changes that much and it's very typical for his psychological state to have lows and highs.

Gator said:
next episode he takes visits a lecture and talks to people normally

Well he tries to go to a lecture...and you know the result.

It's not that you can't leave your room all the time (it never happened to me) in a hikikomori phase. Sometimes you can go out and do some basic stuff but when you should do some important interaction with people or when you are under pressure you can get a panic attack and crumble easily.
Sep 9, 2019 1:53 AM

Apr 2013
alshu said:
Gator said:
In my opinion "Welcome to the NHK" is a horrible anime. I don't understand people who say it's one of the best comedy anime out there,

Well "best" is a stretch but at least its an interesting idea.

Gator said:
I wouldn't even call it comedy.

More of dramedy

Gator said:
The protagonist wasn't relatable at all

Believe me, it's totally relatable for a person prone to hikikomori phases like me (more popular as social anxiety).

Gator said:
his personality changed from episode to episode.

He doesn't changes that much and it's very typical for his psychological state to have lows and highs.

Gator said:
next episode he takes visits a lecture and talks to people normally

Well he tries to go to a lecture...and you know the result.

It's not that you can't leave your room all the time (it never happened to me) in a hikikomori phase. Sometimes you can go out and do some basic stuff but when you should do some important interaction with people or when you are under pressure you can get a panic attack and crumble easily.

Dramedy sounds about right, even though the comedy didn't click with me.

Well if his personality changes all the time that's obviously bad writing. If his personality doesn't change much at all, then it makes no sense that he is able to work at a normal job in the end of the anime. To me it just felt like his character developed in whatever direction was necessary in that moment for the plot to work.
Sep 9, 2019 1:58 AM
Apr 2017
Pelagus said:
Milennin said:

And here's the popular opinion I disagree with.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Sep 9, 2019 2:15 AM

May 2019
Death Note is overrated, people complain that the second part was bad, but in my opinion everything after the death of the FBI agents wife was as mediocre as the second part
Sep 9, 2019 2:19 AM
Jul 2018
"My Hero Academia and Demon Slayer are generic shonen and the only good parts about them is the music and animation." Be thankful that they are adapted by good studios who know how to handle shonen storytelling better than others.

"The comedic anime expressions of *insert serious anime here* feels out of place." What's an anime without these expressions. Also they make them more enjoyable.

"Jojo looks amazing." To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of manime designs which kinda prevents me from watching Jojo.

"Beach/hot spring episodes are a distraction." Just let the poor characters have fun for once.

"Haruhi Suzumiya is best girl. Sebastian is best boy. Levi and Mikasa are the best characters in AOT. Blah, blah, blah." I prefer Yuki, Ciel, Armin and Krista over any of them (what I'm saying here is that I prefer less popular characters over more popular ones).
removed-userSep 9, 2019 8:54 PM
Sep 9, 2019 2:54 AM

May 2018
Gator said:

Well if his personality changes all the time that's obviously bad writing.

Yeah and how about this being result of this character's psychosis?
Like realistic description?
The author of the books is hikikomori...or at least he was when he wrote them. I personally have lived through similar things.
Not all stories should fallow one exact pattern.

Gator said:
If his personality doesn't change much at all, then it makes no sense that he is able to work at a normal job in the end of the anime.

I think you missed the whole point.
You don't fight psychological conditions in a linear way. You slowly learn to control them. There are battles you win and battles you loose miserably.
Also there are some complications like those snake oil salesmen from the story targeting people with low social status - totality a real thing.
At the end the MC has gained some control but it crumbles at one stronger push (again totality realistic) and he tries to commit suicide. This means that the war should continue.

Gator said:
To me it just felt like his character developed in whatever direction was necessary in that moment for the plot to work.

To appreciate NHK you should stop think in tropes. Not your battle shounen "from zero to hero".
The MC has development (and in a realistic story he totally could have not) but it's slow, harsh and non linear.

PS
I just realized that you are a Monogarati fan.
Now you writing "his character developed in whatever direction was necessary in that moment for the plot to work" as a negative trait looks a bit like double standard to me.
alshuSep 9, 2019 3:59 AM
Sep 9, 2019 2:56 AM

May 2015
Steins Gate being great, I found it mediocre.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2019 3:00 AM
Jul 2017
AnimaExZero said:
I can't understand why people like One Piece, I don't like it, and I can't stand to watch a whole, single episode and I'm wondering why you guys like it or tell me your reasons why...

That's because it's not for everone. Just because it's popular doesn't mean everyone's gonna like it. It's my favourite fictional work (which includes everything I've ever watched/read), but I never recommend it to anybody until I'm absolutely sure that we have similar tastes.
Sep 9, 2019 3:01 AM

Jan 2013
Death Note starts going downhill after L dies. Since the interesting dynamic between the genious antagonist and protagonist is broken, we are left with a void where L was. Frankly, the two new kids don't work well as replacements.

Shingeki no Kyojin was interesting until the titan shifting became a thing. By itself, the setting was interesting enough to carry the show, even if it fell into some cliches. Titan shifters made the real enemy humans, which would seem interesting at first, but the series devolved into a politics subplot and lost all steam because of it. Most people seem to like the titan shifting and all that jazz, and I can't understand it.

Mirai Nikki is hated, but it's a blast to watch, if you do it right. Don't go in with the same mentality as with Death Note. Just enjoy the ride and ridiculousness.

Toradora is a miserable series to watch because of the violent bitch. No amount of special pleading will excuse how she treats other people; she is a criminal. Yet many people love the character.

Makoto Shinkais movies are eye-candy that are mostly devoid of substance. Case in point: Kimi no na Wa is a cliche story that does nothing else but manage to have high production value.

Clannad is a shit comedy that manipulates its audience to glorify idiocy, yet it's advertised as one of the greatest dramas ever.

Monogatari series is a harem show that people like to pretend has somethign interesting to say, when, in the end, is just random streams of thought stuck between fanservice scenes. There's no meaning behind the dialogue, it's just there to distract you.

I guess this'll rustle some jimmies lol
CondemneDioSep 9, 2019 3:06 AM
Sep 9, 2019 3:02 AM
Jul 2019
Gator said:
In my opinion "Welcome to the NHK" is a horrible anime. I don't understand people who say it's one of the best comedy anime out there, I wouldn't even call it comedy. The protagonist wasn't relatable at all, his personality changed from episode to episode.

I never watched Welcome to the NHK because i had a feeling it would be turn out this way. No regrets.
Sep 9, 2019 3:09 AM

Jun 2016
1. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood being good.
2. All of the hatred for Mirai Nikki because of that one fucking gif of Yuno
3. Death Note is contrived garbage and Light would have been caught in a week if they didn't write L intentionally horribly.
Sep 9, 2019 3:34 AM

Mar 2018
@Gator Change in behaviour isn't the same as change in personality, especially in this case where you have someone who pretends to be in better shape than he actually is all the time. Satou desired a change in his life but for the most part was too afraid to make it happen. The stuff you put under the spoiler tag is a good example of that, and a terrible one on your part if it's supposed to support your argument that the writing is inconsistent. I mean, since when are characters not allowed to be irrational when they're this psychologically damaged.

You have two characters who constantly try to push him in the right direction, just becauase of this I'm honestly not even sure if I can believe you watched it. Satou went to the lecture with a clear goal in his mind, which boosted his confidence and got him through for a while till he broke down again. The goal of creating an eroge game was a genious way to put Satou in situations he mentally has no control over.

If you didn't like it so be it, imo it has great dark comedy, and fleshed out characters to make for a compelling dramatic story
poop
Sep 9, 2019 3:41 AM

Apr 2014
FMA:B is not the best anime in existence, it's quite boring and not memorable at all.
Cowboy Bebop is boring and is only saved by it's animation and ost.
Kill la Kill is fucking garbage, and needs to be eradicated from this earth.
Your Name is not better than A Silent Voice, gtfo.
Animation is way more important to an anime than most people think.
Sep 9, 2019 4:06 AM
May 2016
Thoses shows are “parody”

Gintama
One punch man
Sep 9, 2019 4:10 AM

Jun 2011
The idea that battle shounen is shallow, and it's only about guys screaming on top of their lungs. Even the worst offender, Fairy Tail tried to incorporate something deeper into their series, let alone the other better shounen.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 9, 2019 4:15 AM

Feb 2015
Pelagus said:
Milennin said:

Lol, it's the only anime I've dropped twice. It was very... meh, to the point it wasn't worth continuing.
Sep 9, 2019 4:19 AM

Mar 2019
I think the word "anime" is one of useless Nipponophilia and I care not whether my television be from Japan or not: good television is good television; bad television is bad television — en garde.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Sep 9, 2019 5:19 AM

Jun 2017
There's almost no difference between "Most people think "X" is good but I think not" and "Most people think second half of DN is weak but I think that was the point" but whatever.

I recently watched Chihayafuru and many people call it has the best characterization but I don't think at all. Chihaya is just a normal genki girl you would see in any anime and her annoying personality doesn't changed much. I don't know about Arata but Taichi was the only good one...
Sep 9, 2019 5:26 AM

Jan 2013
Steins Gate 0 is a horrid sequel to an okay/good first season.
One Piece is bad and is not better than Naruto, HxH or Bleach (Well, maybe better than Bleach)
Sep 9, 2019 5:31 AM

Sep 2017
Death Note and Attack on Titan are great and objectively good, but I just can't get on the hype train like everybody seems to be
Sep 9, 2019 5:31 AM
Jun 2014
T
avdx101 said:
Off topic, but who cares.

OP: don't say stuff like ''people think anime x is good, but I think it sucks''.

Most replies: ''people think anime x is good but I think it sucks''.

Not sure if anyone is actually reading anything besides the title or it is a trollfest.

To be fair, it took me three read throughs to actually figure out what OP was asking.
Sep 9, 2019 5:42 AM
Mar 2019
fairy tail has 0 appeal to me. watched the first few episodes since my friend is a big fan, yet nothing about it seemed funny or interesting to me :/ some openings are great though
Sep 9, 2019 7:30 AM
Jul 2018
CondemneDio said:
Shingeki no Kyojin was interesting until the titan shifting became a thing. By itself, the setting was interesting enough to carry the show, even if it fell into some cliches. Titan shifters made the real enemy humans, which would seem interesting at first, but the series devolved into a politics subplot and lost all steam because of it. Most people seem to like the titan shifting and all that jazz, and I can't understand it.

Aye you need to start reading it again, it's not as political anymore.
Sep 9, 2019 9:28 AM

Jul 2019
My very unpopular opinion is that Seven Deadly Sins is overrated. It has so high score yet I think it mediocre beyond mediocre
Sep 9, 2019 9:34 AM

Aug 2017
GTO is a good show (I think its shit sorry)
Sep 9, 2019 10:36 AM

Aug 2018
I actually liked the end of erased, maybe its cause i binged the series without reading the manga and having no knowledge of what im into, but i really dont think it was bad, i still agree the show peaked at eps 10 and 9

Also your name's score is as inflated as it can get, it doesnt deserve to be this high, but maybe be around 8.70
Sep 9, 2019 10:44 AM

Jun 2019
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is so boring every time i try to watch it i literally fall asleep.
Sep 9, 2019 11:32 AM
Jul 2018
While Count of Monte Christo gets praised as one of the best animated novel adaptations, I think it is more about style rather than substance. It is missing the detailed storytelling and dialog of the novel. A little better than Les Miserables - Shoujo Cossette TV series that also ruins the novel but at least it got 50 episodes.

Also as a result of the above:
Do not bother what established anime critics say. They make mistakes and have ignored good anime too (eg Harmageddon). Just watch what you like and discover things for yourselves.

Gator said:

I agree, I too expected better from that series, but I recognize that it was the first to tackle a topic like this more seriously and in more detail instead of glorifying it like other series. Though it could have been even more serious and tragic.
Sep 9, 2019 1:48 PM

Oct 2018
Well, I could make it really long, but in a nutshell:

Popular opinion: KonoSuba is funny
My opinion: no it's not, nothing about it is funny
I've watched the first season, didn't laugh a single time, started watching the second season, didn't laugh a single time after 3 episodes

All jokes are horribly forced in it
Sep 9, 2019 2:10 PM

Oct 2017
25NOVember said:
What are some popular opinion or generally acceoted ideas in this community you disagree with.
Its not about unpopular opinion so plese refrain from doing it.

Please dont write something like
° popular opnion is thay hunter x hunyer is a good anime but i disagree with it as its just shit.
Or
°many think sao is shit but i like it.
Or°people like/hate character x but i hate/like it.
Above are just examples not not my personal view.

You can give opnion like
°Many people felt comedy in fmab was disturbing but I disagree as it incresed my enjoyment of the show or many such things.

Let me go first-

Its a popular opinion that second half of death note decresed tge shows quality but for me that part dis exactly what it was meant to do. It showed the downfall of someone who started beliving himself as god quiet well. Untill L was alive light was like a human. He used to plan meticulously and was careful but after L's death he became overconfident and careless. I dont belive there could have been a better end of it.

Ps- you can even discuss if you think other's opinion who wrote in this opinion didnt match with yours

Big agree on Death Note.

For me... I always hear people go on and on about the character development in MP100. It really didn't feel as 10/10 masterpiece revolutionary as people hype it up to be. It was alright. Definitely above average for the genre. But I think there are a lot of people who are blinded by the sakuga when it comes to MP100. Take out the sakuga and you have an above average anime which wouldn't get anywhere near the same level of hype. And that's fine. Obviously sakuga matters to a lot of people. But admit that you just like the pretty graphics and the character development isn't above about a 7/10.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Sep 9, 2019 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
I think Your Name is just okay. Nothing all that special.
Pages (113) « First ... « 80 81 [82] 83 84 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Tag someone v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Jun 2, 2022

2375 by MitsukiHimeka »»
11 seconds ago

» What is the last thing the person above googled? ( 1 2 3 4 )

IpreferEcchi - Mar 17, 2020

187 by OniMage »»
26 seconds ago

» Would you rather Box the user above, or would you rather Play fight with them?

IpreferEcchi - Jun 9, 2023

9 by tsukareru »»
26 seconds ago

» Is it a red flag? ( 1 2 3 4 )

iHateAnimeBro - Apr 24

169 by TheSunLife »»
1 minute ago

» Pick Your Favorite Character from the Favorite Character List of the Person Above You v10 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Aug 10, 2023

1274 by AverageRiceFan »»
2 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.