Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 9, 2017 10:05 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nyanko sensei to the rescue immediately. Then another one... this time Ishida-san's character is there. A hole with scratch?... The owner is back. So he senses them even though he cannot see them anymore. The shiki inside wanted to take care of the matter peacefully.

The two thought they got abandoned because the daughter put the seal and they cannot get in. Freeing them just like Natsume did for those on the book but with proper exorcist way. Nice, he was able to see his own shikis outside the last time. Ishida-san's character is actually curious about yuujinchou now (oh, no at the evil smile, having bad feeling even though out of caring him).

About his normal friends next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 9, 2017 12:27 PM

Sep 2015
aaand I teared up again
I hope Natori will not find out Natsume's secret soon (though a lot of youkai know about the book, I don't know how exorcists don't know about it yet)
May 9, 2017 12:45 PM

Mar 2012
Natsume looks dashing with his actions in this one. Nyanko-sensei, in spite of himself, is a jumpy scared-cat. Those servants are so nice, a bunch of good intentions came into a negative results. :/

Each arcs of Natsume Yuujinchou gives you different feels. This one gave a sad one for me.
dzn018May 9, 2017 12:54 PM
May 9, 2017 1:25 PM

Feb 2016
this story was sad overall, they just wanted to be with Takuma but they couldn't ;_;

fuck man, Don't go telling me that Natori is going to betray Natsume's confidence over him? I hope that he doesn't find about the Book of friends
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 9, 2017 1:53 PM

Apr 2010
Strong episode.
I really liked watching it tho the ending was a bid sad still it was nice of Natsume the help out.
Seems like their might be trouble on the horizon tho judging from Natori's reaction at the end.
May 9, 2017 1:55 PM

May 2015
That was a wonderful yet sad episode. Loved it, as usual.

That ending though.... I didn't expect that. I just hope Natori won't stab Natsume in his back....

May 9, 2017 1:59 PM

Apr 2014
I wonder why exorcists shouldn't find out about the book?
Let’s say I posed this question to you: “Can all human souls be bought with money or not?” Now remember, the keyword here is “all”. The answer is “There are times when you can buy them, and other times, not,” right? The human being… sometimes he’ll uphold his pride and conscience even if he’s offered ten billion yen, and other times he’ll murder someone over one yen. ~Izaya Ohira (Durarara)
May 9, 2017 2:05 PM
Jan 2017
And the feels hit me again.;^;
I hope that natori is jut concerned considering Natsume's trouble streak. He is not going to betray Natsume. Right? Right? RIGHT? I'm going to be in denial forever.
May 9, 2017 2:07 PM
Jan 2017
DarkKittyCat said:
I wonder why exorcists shouldn't find out about the book?

They said that things like the book of friends are forbidden for reasons like humane yokai treatment I guess. It's forbidden and the exorcist world is full of shady people who would love things like the book of friends power. : /
May 9, 2017 2:44 PM

Nov 2016
I have had less than zero trust in Natori since day 1.
May 9, 2017 2:46 PM

Oct 2016
bruh. Natori, don't make me break the BroTP
May 9, 2017 4:01 PM

Jun 2011
Don't betray Natsume, Natori. I never really liked Natori that much, to be honest. And who is he to decide what Natsume can and cannot be allowed to possess?

Next episode is the side chapters on Nishimura and Kitamoto! I loved those chapters sooo much, so I'm looking forward to it.
May 9, 2017 4:06 PM
Mar 2015
Very sad Felt like both sides were losing Natori may be a threat to Natsume
May 9, 2017 4:10 PM

Mar 2016
I agree. I really hope Natori doesn't do something stupid and shake Natsume's trust in him. Natori's going to find out about the book but I hope he doesn't steal it from Natsume. I kinda get the feeling he'll try to take it from Natsume saying it's dangerous as an excuse.

I liked this episode but I wanted to see more of the release ritual. I always thought the release scenes he did for the yokai from the book was beautiful but it didnt really show much of it in this episode. I feel like the emotions was a bit rushed for this episode. The emotions could've been built up better, I think. But all in all I still liked this episode.
May 9, 2017 5:41 PM

Dec 2016
I just love this show so much... and the ending was just 0.o

Is Natsume going to be betrayed?

This finale is going to be pretty good!
May 9, 2017 5:55 PM

Sep 2008
i really can't with Nyanko sensei expressions in this episode, makes me laugh so hard haha but damn with the end, looks like Natori is gonna betray him, he went all evil mode in there, i just hope Natsume is not gonna let his guard down with him :/
May 9, 2017 6:18 PM

Jun 2007
I wish this show went on forever.
May 9, 2017 6:49 PM
Apr 2016
Natori has always been cast in a light that makes you doubt him. Nyanko Sensei's glaring is a big factor in that. But it's not as though Natori is evil, simply that he can't be trusted with the book of friends. I hope that soon we'll get to see how it all goes down.
May 9, 2017 7:34 PM

Jul 2011
Natori's motives are always ambiguous. I think that's why Natsume also hesitates to tell him about the Book of Friends. But I don't think Natori would betray Natsume, that would shock me.
May 9, 2017 7:56 PM

May 2009
Aw, man, this felt like a break-up no one wanted, but needed to be done or else the suffering was going to continue :(
It's even sadder that one of them gets to stay and watch over someone who can't acknowledge her existence anymore :(
I swear if Natori breaks Natsume's trust...>:O
May 9, 2017 8:01 PM

Nov 2014
I have been fearing we would have a moment like this... Not happy if that betrayal actually happens.

Amazing series.
May 9, 2017 8:25 PM

Aug 2014
Don't think Natori would have any ill intentions toward Natsume. Hopefully the smirk and line delivery were intentionally misleading, though that bad in its own way.
Sieg Zeon!
May 9, 2017 8:31 PM

Jul 2009
I'm pretty sure if Natori finds out about the book of friends he'll try to take it. Not for his own gain but because he wants Natsume to live a normal life and not be restricted by it.

Of course Natsume won't be on board with that and there will probably be a fight, but in the end things will work out. Natori isn't bad.
May 9, 2017 8:58 PM

Dec 2013
What a strangely sad episode, I even teared up a bit... and like everyone else is saying, I hope Natori won't betray Natsume 😭
May 9, 2017 9:25 PM

Mar 2009
Natori is evil now? Not sure how I feel about this twist...
May 9, 2017 9:27 PM

Sep 2013
NATORI BETTER NOT BETRAY NATSUME

May 9, 2017 10:20 PM
Jul 2015
as a manga reader, it's so interesting to watch everyone's reaction regarding this ep's last scene lol
next week's ep will cover the 2 specials chap about how nishimura and kitamoto be friends with natsume
May 9, 2017 11:01 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow, was not expecting this one to end up being emotional. It started out more or less creepy, but as we learned about the two shiki, it turned out a bit heartbreaking. They seemed simple-minded, and just wanted to help and stay with Takuma. Unfortunately Tsukiko's talisman made them misunderstood things. I'm glad they listened to Natsume and Natori and allowed themselves to be freed from the contract. For them, they would probably feel sadder about not being able to be seen by their master, whereas for Ginro, she would just be content being able to stay by Takuma and Tsukiko's sides.

As for that ending, Natori almost seemed a bit sinister, but I really believe that he's not ill-intentioned, and that he does care for Natsume. He's probably being portrayed this way because it's funner to have some drama and doubt :P I hope that's the case anyways. I agree with the people who think that if he finds out about the Book of Friends, he'll want to take it away from Natsume in order to protect Natsume. Although really, Natsume's been doing pretty well by himself and having the almost constant protection from Nyanko-sensei. But yeah, who knows if he'll be in danger from say other exorcists who finds out.
May 10, 2017 1:43 AM

Oct 2016
shit's about get real, and with the weird camera angle to hiragi, seems like hiragi knew about the books already
May 10, 2017 1:54 AM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.

Glad to see Natsume help those two familiars become free, although sad that Takuma can no longer see them.

Natori keeping an eye on Natsume.

Oh nice next ep on Kitamura & Nishimura when they met Natsume.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 10, 2017 2:41 AM
Jun 2012
Oh, right. I can totally see Nattori try to free "gentle, reckless" Natsume from influence of foul youkai. Good intentions and all that. I don't believe he's evil, but I do hope to see Sensei beating some sense into him.
May 10, 2017 3:45 AM

Sep 2012
This hit me in the feels so hard, even though I'd already read the chapter for this. There was just something about seeing Takuma's shiki keep calling out for him that made my cry in the inside. Makes me really worry about how likely it is for people to stop being able to see youkai over time, no matter how powerful one is.

And oh boy, Natori's smile in the anime is far creepier than in the manga. So much for respecting Natsume's privacy lol.
May 10, 2017 5:17 AM

Nov 2011
Ah the feels of this episode. Personally, I thought this was fairly well executed to wrap up this short arc.

Regarding Natori, I have a feeling that he'll find out about Natsume's secret soon but what kind of action he'll take will remain to be seen. Doubt they'll become bitter enemies though.
May 10, 2017 5:49 AM

Feb 2013
really touching episode...
This tsukiko girl, Taki, Sarada, glasses girl (natsume junior high friends?). hmmm... I wonder, Which one will natsume pick as girlfriend. lol
May 10, 2017 7:08 AM
Dec 2016
I have a feeling that hiiragi would be the one to discover the book of friends and not stab natsume on the back, she has always been on team natsume, she wont betray him even tho its against natori, she wont lie on natori, but she wont tell the whole truth either.
May 10, 2017 9:25 AM

Jul 2014
Hmm, looks like Natori is going to try and "confiscate" the Book of Friends from Natsume, which would be an interesting development but it would be a shame after how well the two have been developed together up to this point; even more so because of the sheer amount of progress Natsume has made towards happiness because of Natori and everyone else. Let's see where that goes, I suppose.
May 10, 2017 10:07 AM

Nov 2011
In the end, everything was about having to focus on the secret that Natsume hides. Who knows if we are coming to the very heart of history. Or it is not, but the certainty is that this stage of the plot is very exciting. However, even though it is a diversion, this episode has been a further opportunity to show a small splash of life in which humans and youkai, show their convivial indole.
May 10, 2017 10:15 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I told in the last episode, and repeat in this one, don´t like Natori, and he is a good person don´t order his yokai investigates Natsume!!!
Was a nice end story, when one more time, Natsume bet for the "love" and he does the acts, even to risk his health, takes the way of the best for humans and yokais.
Great episode one more time.
May 10, 2017 11:48 AM

Jul 2014
I teared up here. Some solid voice acting. Damn this show knows how to give these emotional punches.
May 10, 2017 11:50 AM
Jul 2018
Most likely natori will find out about the book of friends.
The question is how far he is willing to go.
As long as natori doesnt know about reiko and how important the book of friends is to natsume he will probably think its better to take it from him. But its most likely gonna play out well in the end. Natori doesnt seem very trustworthy but i dont realy think he will actually betray natsume. At least i hope.
May 10, 2017 12:32 PM

Dec 2008
Right in the kokoro, again! This show is absolutely perfect when it comes to dealing with and showing emotions...even in the youkai. The part where Takuma's familiar with the face mask looked at him as it was being released. *sobs*

What happens to familiars after they have been released?
May 10, 2017 1:22 PM

Oct 2012
i'm seriously gonna cry if natori betrays natsume. its not like i cry every episode anyways but then i will cry even more.
May 10, 2017 1:29 PM

Jul 2015
A really strong episode. We got the point of view of the familiar. It started creepy, but it got sadder after that. Really sad that they couldn't be with Takuma. The familiar always love and care about their master. Feels train indeed ;-;

And the ending is kinda surprising. Never thought Natori has that kind of thinking.

Natsume season 6 starts really strong tbh. This arc is already better than season 5. Next episode preview, can I order the ticket for another feels train ;-;

"Jinbe, Benihimo ,Ginro. The time I spent with you, was a lot of fun".
May 10, 2017 4:06 PM

Nov 2007
All my tears

and haha,poor Natori,none of ya all trust him:')
May 10, 2017 7:29 PM
Feb 2015
the probability of Natori taking away Book of Friends from Natsume is certain. But the story how he try to take it from Natsume is what I want to know since it will affect their relationship.

god this story is so strong at playing human emotions and how they deal with it.
May 11, 2017 7:37 AM

Aug 2014
sadly i think natori won't ever give up on taking away the book of friends if he ever finds out about it . another friend that natsume will lose :(
next episode will probably be very sad and heartwarming at the same time , i can't wait .
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
May 11, 2017 9:17 AM
Nov 2014
I love the episode. Natori is my fav character since the first time he appeared. I like how shady he is but I hope he will not become downright evil.
May 11, 2017 5:24 PM

Mar 2014
NO DON'T YOU DARE, NATORI! DON'T YOU EVEN DARE TRY TO PRY INTO NATSUME'S BUSINESS AND TAKE THE BOOK OF FRIENDS FROM HIM. I KNEW IT. I KNEW HE WAS SKETCHY SINCE DAY ONE AND THAT HE CAN'T BE FULLY TRUSTED. GOSH DANGIT, I THOUGHT THE EPISODE WAS JUST GOING TO END LIKE THAT ON A HAPPY NOTE BUT NOOOO WE'VE BEEN GETTING A SHIT TON OF CLIFFHANGERS LATELY FOR THIS SEASON AND MY HEART CAN'T TAKE IT BECAUSE NATSUME TRUSTS HIM SO MUCH AND I DON'T WANT MY POOR CHILD TO GET HURT T^T
May 12, 2017 6:51 AM

Jul 2015
What a bittersweet episode, I actually teared up. The next week's episode looking good, my all-time favorite chapters are being animated.
May 12, 2017 6:59 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Natori please, could you fucking not .-.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

109 by Nakuy »»
Dec 10, 2023 12:11 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 13, 2017

37 by Nakuy »»
Dec 10, 2023 11:43 AM

» Season 7 announced

MegamiRem - Jun 30, 2023

13 by Cammedham »»
Jul 3, 2023 7:39 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2017

119 by helennaaj »»
May 17, 2023 11:51 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 16, 2017

42 by serapoot »»
Mar 19, 2023 7:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.