Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 20, 2017 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah this episode was pretty similar to the previous two. One thing I noticed more is the music montage they used. Very beautiful song.

Once again we get to see some athlete competition (track and field). I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing a lot of that.
Akane and Kotarou's character chemistry feels slow but progressing. I wonder if Akane will accept after being asked out? That actually caught me off guard a bit.
Stark700Apr 20, 2017 10:24 AM
Apr 20, 2017 8:38 AM

Jul 2015
A little shock at the end of this episode.
And a bad feeling about what's going to happen next.
Apr 20, 2017 9:35 AM

Apr 2010
Things are going good it seems still i wonder what the others will do seeing as there is competition for both of them.
It's nice that the competition went well be the tests are up ahead as well and it seems both of them aren't sure about their new school yet.
Not to mention the next step.
Apr 20, 2017 9:57 AM
Jul 2012
I'm really glad this series is meeting my expectations also please say yes Akane.
Apr 20, 2017 10:00 AM

Aug 2015
OOOOOOH MY GODDDD, DID HE ACTUALLY SAY THAT?
Apr 20, 2017 10:09 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode once again.

I really love all these simple moments between Akane and Kotarou like the awkward stares in class, the hesitance when sending a text and even the eventual texting. It's what makes this show really cute.

The montage in the middle with the track meet and Kotarou praying at the shrine was really nice but the final scene was easily the best and really beautifully done. The moonlit setting, the blushes, that side shot of Akane <3 , Kotarou managing to sneak in the words and of course the reference to the title was all really beautiful. Hope Akane says yes.

This show is just so pure, simple and heartwarming that it makes me really happy, I'm pretty sure I had a smile on my face multiple times during this episode.
Apr 20, 2017 10:16 AM

Oct 2012
This episode is so good, much better than the previous two.
Especially their line conversations and the tsuki (moon) / tsuki atte (going out) scene at the end.

I can't stop smiling.
Apr 20, 2017 10:18 AM

Jun 2013
OMG!!! Holy Cliffhanger!!!!
I need the next episode now!!!!
Apr 20, 2017 10:19 AM

Aug 2015
I thought it was pretty cute how Kotarou saw that boy and girl from last episode's short in this episode, it's a nice little reference to the fact that all these characters are in the same world.
Apr 20, 2017 10:21 AM

Aug 2013
Say yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was another well made episode. Beautifully made.

Seems like the literary club's superstition was true.

Apr 20, 2017 10:37 AM

Jul 2016
Middle school romance. You messaged each other like you're best buddies, but when you saw her directly at school, you got nervous breakdown and forgot how to speak and act like human. How nostalgic.
Apr 20, 2017 10:42 AM

Jun 2015
Kotarou actually asked Akane out. I wasn't expecting that. And he said it so sincere. I wonder what she's going to say. The music was good in this episode.
Jun 2016
Sukeroku said:
OOOOOOH MY GODDDD, DID HE ACTUALLY SAY THAT?

I think he did!!! I was like
"YOO!!! THAT'S MY BOY!!!"

Aug 2016
Loving it so far, Really good romance!
Nanika ga Okashii
Apr 20, 2017 10:46 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
THEY ARE SO FUCKING CUTE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I LOVE THISSSSSSS
Apr 20, 2017 10:47 AM
Aug 2016
Please say yes.... No overbearing drama please..... :/
Apr 20, 2017 10:48 AM

Dec 2014
Most shows take 12+ episodes to get here. I'm very satisfied with the pace so far.
Akane's friend looking at that board gave me a bad feeling tho. Wonder if she is going to meddle between the two, as well as with the club activities. Hopefully I'm wrong and instead she keeps a porper rivalry/supporting attitude toward Akane.
Leave dem kids in love alone!
AnathorApr 20, 2017 11:06 AM
Apr 20, 2017 10:49 AM

Jul 2014
He actually asked her out! The absolute madman!!
Ok just kidding, but I didn't think Curly-kun had it (YET) in him to tell Akane his feelings, and the way it was all set up was brilliant! The mood was great the entire episode. I wish they included previews for the next episode... But overall great episode, definitely a step up from the previous one.

So it indeed might be a love triangle... but can't believe its Curly-kun who has set the ball rolling!

Also, did anyone beside me notice M. Ali's poster at first? xD
karlstein12Apr 20, 2017 10:52 AM
Apr 20, 2017 10:50 AM
Mar 2015
That escalated quickly
Apr 20, 2017 11:00 AM

May 2015
haauuuu >//<
just dont give me the" would you go out with me ....to convenient store"
next week
Apr 20, 2017 11:14 AM

Sep 2008
Oh... my!
They are so damn cute!
I can't >.<

Kotarou x Akane are like Kou x Futaba from "Ao Haru Ride" from middle school parts *.*
Apr 20, 2017 11:35 AM

Aug 2013
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
THAT CONFESSION IN THE END!
ASADSFADSFADSAFDS

holy shi.. so cute
I need to punch my sister to be manly agen
Apr 20, 2017 11:38 AM

Feb 2015
Please oh god above let her say yes. No drama, no damn drama is needed here!
Apr 20, 2017 11:50 AM

Apr 2016
Kanpai! A confession and the MC is NOT yelling!

How romantic! The "tsuki kirei" (the moon is beautiful) becomes a "tsuki atte" (go out with me). Beautifull!

So it looks I was totally wrong in my predictions. I thought the senpai would ask Akane out and she would say yes since she is weak willed and our MC would have had nothing left but to cry AND the perfect inspiration to write a heartbreaking best-seller and go out with the female senpai rival he doesn't love.

I hope they won't do a flashback of the sort next week though. That would be harsh. Just say "yes" already but after such a start, it can only go downwards, can't it? They will crush us next episode, won't they?

Good that's an original anime!
Apr 20, 2017 11:50 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
DAMN MY BOI KOUTARO ALREADY ASKING HER OUT

Not gonna lie, i was smiling like a dumbass during the entire scene they were together.

I'm enjoying this way more than i thought i would so far.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 20, 2017 11:51 AM

Sep 2012
The music and character motions are so good. Really good show so far and not what I was expecting in the slightest.
Oh god who are you people?
Apr 20, 2017 12:01 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
OKAY i'm in love with this! That's my favourite anime right now this season.

As soon as he told her if he was bothering her, i was already done. Cause i did that in my early years as well when i was in love with a girl. And then he punches his light again, so good honestly.

My heart was pumping quite a bit in these last minutes and HE DID IT! <3 I hope she answers well to him.

More people need to watch this show, that's a pure romance right here that has great realism to it.
Apr 20, 2017 12:13 PM

Nov 2016
This series is so calming feels really good watching it.

Best episode so far everything went smooth and the song which played during the episode was lovely.

Things developed pretty fast and I didn't expect Kotarou to ask her out already. Usually it's always a sign for upcoming drama if the ship sets sail so early.
However nasty way to end this episode with such a cliffhanger:/

Edit: Nice to see that the score bumped up a little bit after this episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 20, 2017 12:16 PM
Dec 2012
Smudy said:

As soon as he told her if he was bothering her, i was already done. Cause i did that in my early years as well when i was in love with a girl. And then he punches his light again, so good honestly.

My heart was pumping quite a bit in these last minutes and HE DID IT! <3 I hope she answers well to him.

More people need to watch this show, that's a pure romance right here that has great realism to it.

Realism? LOL.

The girl would be done with him after that message because he doesn't have "attitude", she would never have taken the first step of going to meet him out of the blue and also she would have started dating that stud guy waaay before. To top it off, she would give some slight hints to Curly-kun to keep him in orbit, just in case.

Lets not kid ourselves and forget that this is anime and these kinds of girls don't exist.

Nevertheless, I'm liking this anime a lot, they are so pure, it's heartwarming.
Apr 20, 2017 12:22 PM

Sep 2015
Dam cliffhanger ;-;
Apr 20, 2017 12:22 PM

Aug 2013
This episode felt so freaking bisterweest, sent me straight down to memory lane.

Kids those days have it so easy, whish we had cellphones and groups stuff like line when I was at their age.

Loving the anime. Probably the hidden gen from this season.
Apr 20, 2017 12:24 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
This has definitely been a huge surprise. It really captures a sweet, idealized puppy love really well in these first 3 episodes <3

And then that cliffhanger ending, leaving me hanging until next week xD

Apr 20, 2017 12:37 PM

Dec 2014
the song in between was so good... I was so not expecting a confession in the end....
Apr 20, 2017 12:37 PM

Aug 2010
That was soooo damn adorable. They're so cute together.

And Dat title drop too
Apr 20, 2017 1:04 PM

Apr 2015
Oh my god this was so adorable and partly relatable it's making me grin like a stupid idiot.

I'm honestly looooving these two. Neither of them is overbearingly genki but also not introverted to a point where you gotta ask yourself how they are able to socialize at all. It's the perfect mix that depends on who they're with.

When he asked her out, I was so proud...I don't know why? Probably because after he heard her friends talk about the track guy planning to confess usually he would curl up, cease any interaction to not "interrupt anything" but he actually took this as a motivation to be one step ahead! Curly, you are one slick guy and I love you for that.

Well now where will we go from there?
To be honest my favorite course of action would be the following. Akane will reply with a yes and both will awkwardly yet overly happy part ways for this night. They will be on cloud 9 for several days until reality hits them a little and stuff like clubs, school, family & friends makes it hard for them to meet up much or do/say the things they'd like to. I think this hint towards them moving away might force them into a long distance relationship. Since I saw some promotional art where both of them were in highschool I assume we will get a time skip sooner or later. Either they are still together but suffer greatly under the long distance relationship or they decided to end it before it even came to that. I can imagine that curly might be successful with his career as an author and somehow move to a school that is close to hers which enables them to meet more often or again at all. That's the sort of progression I'd wish for. Innocent yet sweet love that has eventually meet the harsh harsh reality of life, wavers or even breaks under the weight but never really looses itself until it is reunited at the end.

EDIT: After seeing the ED's chat, it seems like my prediction might actually turn out to be quite accurate. It sounds like they're in Highschool/College and in a long distance relationship
FappaApr 20, 2017 2:21 PM
Apr 20, 2017 1:06 PM

Jul 2015
OMG STAHP IT GUYSH YOU'RE TOO DAMN ADORABLE

Yo college can you stop killing me lol

ProfileListMusicDog

Apr 20, 2017 1:35 PM
Jun 2015
I'm starting to think that this show is a cleverly thought out advertising campaign for LINE, great episode though.
Apr 20, 2017 1:53 PM

Aug 2013
I'm so glad that I didn't drop it after seeing visuals in 1st episode. What a beautiful episode.
masa8224 said:
A little shock at the end of this episode.
And a bad feeling about what's going to happen next.

She will agree, for sure. But I have bad feelings about the later events. I doubt that they will break up. I'm betting that she will move away (because of her father's work of something)...
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 20, 2017 2:13 PM
Aug 2009
Fappa said:
Oh my god this was so adorable and partly relatable it's making me grin like a stupid idiot.

I'm honestly looooving these two. Neither of them is overbearingly genki but also not introverted to a point where you gotta ask yourself how they are able to socialize at all. It's the perfect mix that depends on who they're with.

When he asked her out, I was so proud...I don't know why? Probably because after he heard her friends talk about the track guy planning to confess usually he would curl up, cease any interaction to not "interrupt anything" but he actually took this as a motivation to be one step ahead! Curly, you are one slick guy and I love you for that.

Well now where will we go from there?
To be honest my favorite course of action would be the following. Akane will reply with a yes and both will awkwardly yet overly happy part ways for this night. They will be on cloud 9 for several days until reality hits them a little and stuff like clubs, school, family & friends makes it hard for them to meet up much or do/say the things they'd like to. I think this hint towards them moving away might force them into a long distance relationship. Since I saw some promotional art where both of them were in highschool I assume we will get a time skip sooner or later. Either they are still together but suffer greatly under the long distance relationship or they decided to end it before it even came to that. I can imagine that curly might be successful with his career as an author and somehow move to a school that is close to hers which enables them to meet more often or again at all. That's the sort of progression I'd wish for. Innocent yet sweet love that has eventually meet the harsh harsh reality of life, wavers or even breaks under the weight but never really looses itself until it is reunited at the end.

This, this right here is gold. Reminds me of 5 centimetres per sec but with a happy ending for once. Whether it works out between them though or not, ala 5 cm, I don't really mind right now it is an absolutely gorgeous anime. Easily one of the best, if not the best, anime of the season. It's fans will be likely be a niche group though, and not the majority, damn shame.
clannadloverApr 20, 2017 2:17 PM
Apr 20, 2017 2:17 PM

Aug 2014
This anime has the potential to be my first 10 out of 10 from a romance
Ruka desu.
Apr 20, 2017 2:23 PM

Apr 2015
clannadlover said:

This, this right here is gold. Reminds me of 5 centimetres per sec but with a happy ending for once. Whether it works out between them though or not, ala 5 cm, I don't really mind right now it is an absolutely gorgeous anime. Easily one of the best, if not the best, anime of the season. It's fans will be likely be a niche group though, and not the majority, damn shame.

Oh yeah! It certainly has some sort of Shinkai feeling to yet.
I just saw the chat that is featured in the ED and it actually supports my theory. It seems like Curly boy has to take the latest trains to get home which could mean they are in a long distance relationship or he swaps schools and has to take a long trip to get home. It also seems to play in late highschool/early college years :)!
Apr 20, 2017 2:30 PM

Jan 2015
kaaamos said:
Smudy said:

Realism? LOL.

The girl would be done with him after that message because he doesn't have "attitude", she would never have taken the first step of going to meet him out of the blue and also she would have started dating that stud guy waaay before. To top it off, she would give some slight hints to Curly-kun to keep him in orbit, just in case.

Lets not kid ourselves and forget that this is anime and these kinds of girls don't exist.

Nevertheless, I'm liking this anime a lot, they are so pure, it's heartwarming.
Just because you've had experiences (or just assume) like that doesn't mean all girls are like that. Not all girls like guys like the runner guy. They have different tastes like everyone and can easily prefer guys like the mc. Time to broaden your view on people.
Apr 20, 2017 2:35 PM

Sep 2015
What the shit is this cliffhanger? You can't do this to me... While I'm glad he got the courage to do what he did, this early on in the series can only mean either a) some conflict later on is going to cause them to break up assuming she says yes or b) she says no now, main character goes through a phase of depression but then things are resolved at the end!

I don't know how I feel about this development so early on in the series, more so I don't know and am curious how it'll all transpire. Haven't had a cliffhanger this bad since Re:Zero.
Apr 20, 2017 2:45 PM

Nov 2016
It's obvious that she likes him so much, yet I'm so scared she'll say no...
Apr 20, 2017 3:01 PM

Dec 2012
I just found my new favourite anime. God, this show is so good.

Please say yes Akane!!
Apr 20, 2017 3:07 PM

Jun 2008
this anime is so incredibly underrated! I'm loving it so far, this slow-burn romance, music and slice of life makes this anime to me, the best of this season:D

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 20, 2017 3:18 PM

Jan 2011
oooooh i'm surprised he have guts more than most heroes in another anime's to ask her

at least that's better than watching 2 season to see someone try to confession ^_^
Apr 20, 2017 3:32 PM

Mar 2016
Omg yassss he asked her out! :)

I'm glad it's not going to be one of those anime where they only ask each other out at the end... I ready to if she says yes and their relationship develop!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2017 3:35 PM
Jul 2016
While i'm watching, i'm constantly saying "Do something! Say something! Anything!!". Then I think back at when I was in middle school and acted the very same way around my crush. It's nice to be able to empathize but so cringeworthy at the same time.
Apr 20, 2017 3:40 PM

May 2015
Probably the best episode so far. That felt perfect in my opinion, especially that ending. Those two are just so damn adorable together.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2017

623 by Cosplay_Joe »»
Apr 21, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2017

199 by DanielHu3 »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

248 by _GLADIATOR »»
Nov 19, 2023 8:27 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

175 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Aug 14, 2023 10:54 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

178 by Sarthak7985 »»
Aug 10, 2023 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.