Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 20, 2017 2:51 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Jinbei was so cool and noble departing from the Big Mom Pirates like that. Totally not scared in front of Big Mom. Respect!

And Katakuri's a logia-type? Damn! Well he looked really awesome attacking Luffy right there. And Mother Caramel's picture's just got shattered now by Brook. Uh-oh. :D
Apr 20, 2017 2:52 AM

Dec 2011
That was a crazy chapter.So much things going and Jimbe finally free but i hope he will survive this arc.So how come Mama power didn't affect Jimbe, may be it's because Jinbe wasn't scared of her,Nice speech from Jnbe telling how can he be scared since he is now in the future pirate king crew xD
Well Brook again is the MVP destroying Mother Caramel picture lol
P.S No chapter next week :(
kaitonicApr 20, 2017 3:13 AM
Apr 20, 2017 2:54 AM

Dec 2012
Amazing Chapter.

LOL of course Luffy would reveal his true self.

Katakuri with the Mochi-Mochi no Mi. Another Logia type.

YOOOO Jinbei declaring he would join the Straw Hats was so awesome.
Love how Luffy is smiling at that moment.
Not even Big Mom can take his soul. Jinbei is the greatest showing no fear.

Brook is the MVP. What else can he do? Yohoho!!!
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 20, 2017 2:56 AM

Aug 2013
Holy shit this chapter was soooooo gooood. When I saw it come up in my feed my heart was beating out of my chest I was so excited.

So Dogtooth's a mochi logia, that's hilariously awesome.

And Big Mom's soul taking power only works on those afraid of her? That's a really interesting weakness, and we got to see Jinbe be totally awesome in showing it off.

But my god I lost my shit at the last two panels of the chapter, all it took was two panels to make this one of my favorite chapters. I can't believe Brook was disguised as one of the Luffy's in order to break the picture, that was so fucking funny. It was the perfect backup plan, since they were meant to not pay the clones any mind after the initial burst of chaos. Brook continues to be MVP of this arc, this time with the sick backdoor play.
Apr 20, 2017 3:10 AM

Jan 2017
Amazing chapter from One Piece

Dogtooth is Logia Devil fruit ... interesting

Jinbei finally that he will be joining the Straw Hat Crew!!!

So for Big Mom to take someone soul is through fear bu the weakness to her devil fruit ability is that someone is fear of her she cannot take their soul as Jinbei perfectly shown us

Brook is hands down the MVP of this arc. He dressed as Luffy and destroying the picture was perfect

Apr 20, 2017 3:12 AM
Dec 2015
This chapter totally rocked it! To think Luffy would use the mirror clones projection as his plan. And Jinbei joining straw hat crew. And "A person joining the strawhat crew doesn't need to cower in front of a mere yonko" Jinbei was totally awesome there.
And Brook again stole the credit silently moving in shadows and striking when no one saw. Next chapter's gonna be super interesting I am assured of that.
Apr 20, 2017 3:27 AM
Aug 2014
Shradow115 said:

It was the perfect backup plan, since they were meant to not pay the clones any mind after the initial burst of chaos. Brook continues to be MVP of this arc, this time with the sick backdoor play.
you sir cracked it what a champ
Apr 20, 2017 3:28 AM

Mar 2016
WHAT. A. CHAPTER.

JINBE. YOU'RE THE MAN. I FREAKING LOVE THIS FISHMAN <3
Officially, left the BM pirates by offering her the sake and now A STRAWHAT PIRATE.
Proving himself time and time again why he'd make an awesome SH. His dedication to Luffy is just amazing. That scene where BM tries to freak the shit out of Jinbe was amazing.
"There's no way a man that intends to join the crew of the future Pirate King will cower to a mere Yonko" MERE. YONKO
Hands down one the best quote of the year. Brook's speech about young lady comes close xDD

Also, Brook my man. AWESOME. He has been absolutely amazing this arc. Never expected him to be one of Luffy's clones. Picture destroyed. HAHA YES.
To think the plan is actually going smoothly. This is awesome :D Shit's about go down.
So Katakuri is a logia type. Interesting. The fights are gonna be absolutely amazing now.

Loved this entire page. Jinbe telling off BM to leaving the BM Pirates, to joining the SH's to BM being pissed af to Brook knocking down the picture :D

Here's some Capone greatness. LOOOOOL xDDDD

So fucking hyped for the next chapter. CAN'T WAIT.
RyunuosukeApr 20, 2017 3:34 AM

Apr 20, 2017 3:36 AM

Dec 2011
Turtles_Hunter said:
kaitonic said:
But it's been only 2 chapters since the last break. That's half of the nowaday break scheldule? Well, I guess the man need breaks, but it's still strange.

Well the break is for all WSJ manga since next week is golden week in Japan.
Apr 20, 2017 3:36 AM
Jul 2016
Turtles_Hunter said:
kaitonic said:
But it's been only 2 chapters since the last break. That's half of the nowaday break scheldule? Well, I guess the man need breaks, but it's still strange.

It's the golden week next week. Everyone is on break.
Apr 20, 2017 3:37 AM
Dec 2012
Calling Big Mom a MERE Yonkou, right in front of her. That's a huge pair of diamond balls of Jinbei.
Apr 20, 2017 3:40 AM

Oct 2015
Brook coming through once again! And Dogtooth not only has OP observation haki, but also a Logia DF that people can't escape unless they use water? Talk about broken. Good to see he's not just a one-trick pony like people said last week when Sanji dodged his attack. That hit Luffy took looked like it hurt.
Apr 20, 2017 3:43 AM

Sep 2016
last two chapter is so good even i got the enjoyment as if i binge read it. and my god brook is so awesome in this arc.

hope reiju will join the act and still waiting how oda will redeem other vinsmoke
majahostApr 20, 2017 4:13 AM
Apr 20, 2017 3:52 AM
Jul 2015
This chapter was freaking awesome! The last two have been epic! From Luffy jumping out the cake to Brook breaking the picture, these have been high octane from the gun!

Brook is the MVP of this entire arc though, between the poneglyph and picture! I just hope Jinbe doesn't die :O.
Apr 20, 2017 3:53 AM
Jul 2015
Also does anyone know where Usopp is rn?
Apr 20, 2017 3:53 AM

Aug 2010
Wonder howw high uruoge capone and carrot will be

Anyway great chp. Brook at the end lmao yohohoho

Katakuri living up to the hype.

Jinbes speech was epic asf.

Hypuu letzgooo
Apr 20, 2017 4:14 AM

Dec 2014
Epic chapter, still got chills. XD

Loved the color spread of WSJ and the all the characters of One Piece.

Katakuri is a Logia, Mochi-Mochi no mi, Interesting. That attack on Luffy though, that looked insane. :o

Jinbe was the freaking man this chapter, love how he just stood upto Big Mom like that and offered her Sake. Epic as hell, I had the same reaction as Chopper when reading it, tearing up saying 'Jinbe so cool'. XD
"There's no way a man that intends to join the crew of the future Pirate King will cower at a mere Yonkou"
- Jinbe, Another quote for ages to come. XD

Definitely a very interesting weakness for Big Mom's soul scoop and the fact that it didn't work on Jinbe makes him even more awesome. :P

BROOK the real MVP at the end. XDD
I can't wait for the next chapter.
Apr 20, 2017 4:17 AM

Sep 2014
Katakuri's power is the Sticky-Sticky fruit. So Big Mom's devil fruit power depends on its victim's fear. Also, Brook did it again this chapter! Brook still stays as the MVP of the whole arc.
Apr 20, 2017 4:26 AM

Nov 2016
First of all 20 years of serialization itself is amazing, but keeping up the enjoyment on this level is simply godlike. Congrats to Oda-sensei and thanks for this masterpiece of a manga, hopefully he stays healthy.

The Color Spread with all characters is sooo nice, would make great XXL wallpaper in my room :D

I don't need to say much about this chapter it just fucking rocked.
Luffys entrance and Jinbes fearless declaration against Big Mom gave me the chills.

The last panel with Brook who casually smashed the picture of Mother Caramel was a hilarious finish Lmao

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 20, 2017 4:29 AM

Feb 2014
brook is the joker card heh.
and i bet jinbei's gonna die.
EustassKiddo !
Apr 20, 2017 4:41 AM
Sep 2012
Jimbe Jimbe, you are the man or fishman to be exact, calling Big Ma a mere Yonko, I lost when he said that, that is cool, and just offering her sake. My respect can not be any higher of Jimbe, I hope he survives this arc. Besides I still need my Jimbe / Koala reunion.

And poor Berlie, I feel bad for the old bat. She kind of has no country anymore. I think Bege could be an ally past this arc, I think he gained some respect for Luffy, we could have more allies added.

Now than all those Luffies, so many. And they destroyed the photo, I thought destroying the cake was enough to piss her off, so what is going to happen now?
Apr 20, 2017 4:42 AM

Nov 2011
JINBEI. This guy deserves a fucking gold medal. What a man.

I have to admit, this has been the greatest wedding crash I've ever seen so far. Luffy and the others came up with this risky yet very creative way to crash Big Mama's fun.
Apr 20, 2017 5:00 AM

Nov 2014
Luffy does not give a fu*k!
Apparently, after deciding he'll join the SH's, Jinbe doesn't give a f*ck either!

Looks like Brook is doing work this Arc! It seems like he has olden time beef with Big Mom or Germa 66 or maybe he is just a Badass!
Apr 20, 2017 5:00 AM

Nov 2014
Luffy does not give a fu*k!
Apparently, after deciding he'll join the SH's, Jinbe doesn't give a f*ck either!

Looks like Brook is doing work this Arc! It seems like he has olden time beef with Big Mom or Germa 66 or maybe he is just a Badass!
Apr 20, 2017 5:15 AM

Mar 2014
Nami, Robin, Reiju, someone please provide Brook with a sufficient amount of panties, he deserves it!!
Apr 20, 2017 5:43 AM

Mar 2016
MonkeyDMike said:
Katakuri's power is the Sticky-Sticky fruit.

Well, technically a rice cake as pointed out by MS. Calling it a Sticky-Sticky fruit could could lead to confusion since Trebol's DF is technically called Sticky-Sticky as well xD

Apr 20, 2017 5:46 AM

Sep 2014
Ryunuosuke said:
MonkeyDMike said:
Katakuri's power is the Sticky-Sticky fruit.

Well, technically a rice cake as pointed out by MS. Calling it a Sticky-Sticky fruit could could lead to confusion since Trebol's DF is technically called Sticky-Sticky as well xD

Good point. I had forgotten that Trebol even existed lol
Apr 20, 2017 5:58 AM

Mar 2015
it was more surprising than i tough...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 20, 2017 6:05 AM

Mar 2016
MonkeyDMike said:
Ryunuosuke said:

Good point. I had forgotten that Trebol even existed lol

Hahah. I wish I could forget he even existed. That laugh of his was so annoying, I could never forget him xD

Apr 20, 2017 6:07 AM

Jun 2014
Oda's pen must have been on fire when writing this chapter. So much craziness and epicness in just 16 pages. I want to see Katakuri fight more, not only does he have the advanced Haki but he's a Logia type, so his fighting prowess must be pretty high and a battle against him could be pretty cool.

Looks like Jinbe just got one step closer to finally joining the Straw Hats. He was the star of this chapter, calling Big Mom a MERE Yonko?! Translation: YOU AINT SHIT BIG MOM.

Jinbe may have been the MVP of this chapter, but the MVP of this arc has to be Brook. Not only did he get the Poneglyph text, but he just nonchalantly destroyed Mother Caramel's picture. He's done a couple of huge things in this arc and that's great for him, since he never really stood out since his introduction to the story. I thought it was kind of funny how the last panel said "Who is this Luffy?" The "Yohoho" kind of gave it away lol.....
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 20, 2017 6:08 AM

Mar 2016
Holy mother of god, can we just all agree that this chapter was phenomenal. My goodness.

Really glad that Katakuri's skills don't just limit to seeing a bit into the future & throwing beans. But damn I didn't expect him to have a Logia-type DF. He really lives up to his gigantic bounty.

Jinbe openly stating in front of Big Mom that he will join the SHs, and calling BM a "mere Yonkou" on top of that, all while not showing a single sign of fear. That was probably my favourite moment of the chapter.

And to end it all, Brook shows up out of nowhere & breaks Mother Caramel's picture. Confirmed MVP of this entire arc.

Definetly a 5/5 chapter, now for a 2 weeks-long suspense since next week is golden week :(
Apr 20, 2017 6:10 AM

Dec 2013
What a hype chapter! Brook continues being the real MVP of this arc!
Apr 20, 2017 6:13 AM
Apr 2016
Jinbe and Brook are the real MVPs of this arc!!!
Apr 20, 2017 6:41 AM
Oct 2013
Good chapter, but honestly I was more amused than amazed.

Portraying Jinbe as badass isn´t mindblowing anymore after 863 chapters and Brook stole the show this arc.

4/5.
Apr 20, 2017 7:01 AM

Mar 2017
Great chapter! I hope that Jinbe will survive this arc so he can properly join Luffy and co. Brook destroying the picture was kind of unexpected, but I´m glad that he was useful in some way. Finally.
Apr 20, 2017 7:05 AM

Apr 2017
Great chapter this week. Jinbe and Brook (10/10 disguise) were the best part about this chapter (especially Brook, who did most of the work this arc). Now I don't remember correctly if it was shown in previous chapters, so basically if you're not afraid, Big Mom can't suck out your lifespan? Next week is golden week, so no chapter, that's a bummer. Things really got interesting now with the climax of the arc, but I'm still afraid of Pudding turning good... shall wait and see. Also I wonder who'll take the #2 spot in that poll, since Luffy's gonna be #1.
Apr 20, 2017 7:17 AM

Apr 2012
Jimbey is such a bad ass. Big moms devil fruit ability didn't work on him. It seams that it only works if you are scared of her.
This a nice way to nerf an OP power. Boa has to have people to love her for the insta kill and Big mom has to scare them. These emotion based abilities are interesting imagine combining them wit an emotion changing one like Peronas ghosts or Ivankovs hormones. You just have to find the wright combination of the two.

Brooke is a beast he survived a solo encounter with a Yonko while calling her young lady, slept with her, stole a piece of the secret to the One Piece and now he is the crucial player in the downfall of Big Mom. Last year was the Year of Sanji this year Brooke is NVP.
Apr 20, 2017 7:21 AM
Apr 2017
Golden week will start on 29th April and next chapter's due date is 27th April.So might be there won't any break next week but the week after it.
Apr 20, 2017 8:52 AM

Jan 2012
Everyone might have noticed that big mom's kids all have food names, but did anyone notice that many of Big mom's sons have devil fruits related to food? Perospero, Katakuri, Opera, Cracker... Maybe even Smoothie, and Compote for sure. This fact gives me two theories:

1- Big mom has a way of creating artificial devil fruits, which she gives to her sons and daughters so they can feed her fat ass.

2- Being a yonko, Big mom uses her influence to attain information on devil fruit users, and use it to kill them and get the fruits she gets interested into to herself, once again with the intention of feeding her fat ass out.

This chapter was amazing by the way. Brook saved the plan lol.
Apr 20, 2017 9:09 AM

Dec 2014
Jinbei owned it... I guess he is now officially part of the strawhat crew
Apr 20, 2017 9:26 AM

Mar 2014
Brook is the goddamn best in this arc. He's been fucking Big Mom's shit up from the very start.
Apr 20, 2017 10:23 AM

Apr 2008
Heh. Good job, Brook.

If you go back to the page where the cake is collapsing (third page of the manga), you'll notice one of the 'Luffy' is dressed in stripes (as opposed to all black) while actively holding onto the hat on his head.
Apr 20, 2017 10:25 AM

Oct 2015
This chapter really was an amazing one, and everyone else described it quite well.
What I did not understand is how Brook managed to break that picture? I mean, Katakuri can see into the future. If at the beginning of the next chapter they don't show Katakuri already in midair trying to catch Brook, but was too late, or something, I become unsure how that haki works. Anyways, great chapter!
Apr 20, 2017 10:45 AM

May 2015
Great chapter, the final panel was wonderful.

Love how Luffy immediately reveals himself. Also love Bege's reactions.

Kataruki flicks jellybeans and can see the future, don't really see the point of giving him a devil fruit.

Speaking of which, what is up with that devil fruit? Why is it a Logia-type again? Doesn't seem very elemental-ish.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Apr 20, 2017 10:52 AM

Nov 2015
Ok so everyone is talking right now about Jinbe and Brook and yeah i really understand you, I laughed my ass off at that "Yohoho" at the end (To be honest I haven't noticed that bubble speech so I tought it was Ceaser who controled the ballon, yes i tought it was a ballon). But how come no one said anything about my poor, cutie pie? Yes, I am talking about my sweet little Ceaser. I couldn't help but notice this

Is it like.. a gag? Something like "damn you" or legitly crying? Because if he really is, then the theories of him becoming the next crew member seem more legit (a little hard to explain but in short, he regrets what he has done, wants to change etc.). I really want him, along with Jinbei to join. I know probably Oda will put a mink in it's crew because yeah, so Pekoms would be a cool choise but I can't stand Carrot she is annoying ;-;

Coming back to the chapter, now that I take a closer look, I came to a relevation. I heard a theory that Bonney might be one of Big Mom's daugthers. Actually, I think she is mother Caramel. She can change her age so it's not that impossible, she can be way older than she looks. Tbh I ship Bonney x Luffy so much ;-;
I Hope she will join the crew. Because, since Oda said he will be adding more than 10 members and he will probably will want the male/female ratio to be balanced in the crew the 11th member can be a girl too. If this is the case and it won't be Pudding or Ceaser or Carrot I hope she will be the one, since she lost her crew since she was captured and seen alone in the New World after Doflamingo's defeat.

Sorry for any spelling mistakes

Apr 20, 2017 11:21 AM

Sep 2013
Sweets are now natural elements just like the swamp logia XD
Jinbei formally breaks ties with big mom and brook with the hammer.
Apr 20, 2017 2:06 PM

Mar 2014
Looks like Big Mom's DFP doesn't work on people who aren't scared of her. Well, that power needed a weakness anyway.

BROOK!
Apr 20, 2017 5:20 PM
Jul 2015
Great Chapter , Great idea
jinbei great member in straw hats pirate .

So Nami with these clothes are all thinking of going to Sanji marriage or fighting Big Mam?
Apr 20, 2017 7:15 PM
Mar 2014
Awesome chapter!!!!

Jinbe was a man. Him calling big mom a "mere Yonkou" , great line delivered by a bad man,(couple that with him saying he told Luffy about the picture,(covering for Capone), & joining the Strawhats during the fight.

I did like how Big Mom's weakness for her power is fear. I honestly didn't see that one coming.

I know this is the "Year of Sanji" story arc, but Soul King Brook has been this arc's MVP. He fought big Mom one on one, cut Promethius, stole the rubbings of the glyphs & now broke the picture. Mad props to him,(his bounty should escalate accordingly due to this).

I can't wait to see how & where this arc goes to next.
Apr 20, 2017 7:52 PM
Apr 2017
By far,one of the best chapter in one piece history
Kudos to oda(or may I say goda) for keeping the one piece hype alive even after 20 yrs and i m pretty sure oda will keep up the hype in one piece until it's end imo

Brook is real mvp in this arc (along with brulee)
I loved the last panel of this chapter (yohohoho)
Jinbe is the most badass fishman (hope he doesn't die this arc)

This arc,man,
This arc will end with being my top 3 arc in one piece
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

33 by Kanelbullar »»
41 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Apr 24, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.