Forum Settings
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2017 4:34 PM

Dec 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Spoilers are out: Here and Here

We wanted development, and we got it. I'm excited for the new turn of events while at the same time a little sadden. For any Soma and Agni fans out there, I am so sorry.

Hm... I'm not positive but I think I saw lipstick on the knife wielder's lips on page 14. Of course, it could have been that their mouth was open or the motion lines might have made it look that way.

Note: Remember, no linking to illegal reading sites. And please keep the discussion focused on the events in the chapter. Theories are alright as long as the theory is focused on the actions happening this chapter, but not if focused entirely on a fan theory that really isn't focused on said chapter.
lovelyphantomApr 26, 2017 12:42 PM

Apr 19, 2017 12:42 AM

Jan 2008
I highly doubt it's Ciel's supposed twin. We still don't know the identity of the culprit but what happened was so sad. I think it's safe to assume that it might be Lizzie since the culprit's build is kind of small but I've others in mind. It couldn't be Violet, right? I know that he is hospitalized but who knows. Also, Edward being the one is a possibility. I mean, the way Soma was asking "Why?" indicates that the culprit is someone they know really well and can't believe would do something like that. So tragic and sad.

Anyway, this chapter sent shivers down my spine. What happened was so hideous and frightening. I felt so sad and shocked at the way things went. Can't wait to know the identity of the culprit and hopefully it'll be soon. This series is getting too dark and I don't hate it but RIP Agni. :(
Apr 19, 2017 6:29 AM

Apr 2011
HatsumiShinogu said:
I highly doubt it's Ciel's supposed twin. We still don't know the identity of the culprit but what happened was so sad. I think it's safe to assume that it might be Lizzie since the culprit's build is kind of small but I've others in mind. It couldn't be Violet, right? I know that he is hospitalized but who knows. Also, Edward being the one is a possibility. I mean, the way Soma was asking "Why?" indicates that the culprit is someone they know really well and can't believe would do something like that. So tragic and sad.

Anyway, this chapter sent shivers down my spine. What happened was so hideous and frightening. I felt so sad and shocked at the way things went. Can't wait to know the identity of the culprit and hopefully it'll be soon. This series is getting too dark and I don't hate it but RIP Agni. :(

i highly have a doubt it's lizzy since she most likely pre-occupied w/ protect "something" (that can be suspect to be ciel's twin but who knows??) Violet just brought into the hospital as a victim tho so why him ?? definitely not bravat because soma not even feel like he's know him. if it's edward for what reason?? but yeah might agree with you it's not ciel's twins....
Apr 19, 2017 7:38 AM

Jan 2008
ChiYama said:
i highly have a doubt it's lizzy since she most likely pre-occupied w/ protect "something" (that can be suspect to be ciel's twin but who knows??) Violet just brought into the hospital as a victim tho so why him ?? definitely not bravat because soma not even feel like he's know him. if it's edward for what reason?? but yeah might agree with you it's not ciel's twins....

Yes, I really can't think of a reason why Lizzie would want to kill Soma unless she's being brainwashed by Blavat and I don't really think she's the one but I wouldn't count her out yet. Definitely the culprit has an agenda to kill more than just Soma or Agni. When he/she said "I will see to the rest" means that the culprit is there to kill them all and maybe even including Ciel and Sebastian. But the thing is, couldn't the culprit break into the room where Agni pushed Soma? I mean, they could've after getting rid of Agni, right? I think that maybe whoever it was heard something from outside which is Ciel and Sebastian arriving and they hid before they get the chance to kill Soma?

Maybe I'm just thinking too much by bringing Violet into this but I kind of have my suspicions about him. Edward - I'm not sure as we still don't know much about him except for being the model student and the brother who adores his little sister. Again, I don't think he's the one but if he's, I'd think he's being made to do this. Blavat is out for me since I don't think Soma would've welcomed him that way since he's the rival and somehow the enemy. Honestly, it'd have been too predictable if it was him.

The only clue we have now is that the culprit is someone Soma knew well and the other clue is the photo. Agni suddenly became alarmed after seeing something in that photo. If he didn't appear at that moment, Soma would've been dead. Now, the question is, is the culprit someone who was in the photo? Could Undertaker have a hand in this? Again, this would be obvious and predictable since he was already involved in earlier cases, which I wouldn't find an interesting twist.
Apr 19, 2017 7:59 AM
Sep 2016
i kinda get the feeling we are missing something... maybe its someone we haven't thought of? maybe someone from earlier chapter? i'm sure Yana would have left a bunch of clues so that we all end up feeling stupid... also, who is the dude in the hood? are there any pairs of 1 larger person and 1 smaller person that soma knows?
Apr 19, 2017 11:12 AM

Apr 2015
SEBASTIAN?????? HAVING SYMPATHY AND FEELING SAD????????? ?????????????
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2017 3:35 PM

Dec 2007
So, where can i read it?

Edit: forget it, i just did. It frustrates me so much to wait a whole month to know almost nothing new. Waiting a whole month for 20 pages is way too much
DayanApr 22, 2017 6:07 PM
Apr 22, 2017 7:35 PM

Dec 2008
OMG!!!! AGNI!!!!! I am incurably hurt...
Apr 22, 2017 9:26 PM

Jul 2012
Oh noes, Agni :(
I was afraid that would turn out like this but...THE FEELS MAN :'(

So, yeah, I don't know anymore who it could be. Soma, apparently, reconized the person, who is really strong...o-o

@JoseiQueen
Naah, I don't think so. Sebastian is always kinda amused by human nature, that's all xD

Apr 22, 2017 11:16 PM

Sep 2013
Agni :'(
The cloak guy should be human since he couldn't unleash agni's death grip.
Apr 22, 2017 11:18 PM

Nov 2011
Guess we're going to have to wait even longer to find out the killers identity. I figured Agni would end up defending Soma, but I didn't expect it to go this far! This chapter also left me really questioning the killers motive. What could they have possibly gained from this?

Apr 23, 2017 1:03 AM
Mar 2010
(I just typed up a whole long post and the it got deleted D: )

But now we have more questions -
The shooter is someone Soma knows well enough that he'd feel comfortable reaching out to check for a fever (and recognizing that they're acting strange.) They're shorter than him.
It seems like there's a second person (?), closer to Agni's height, who stabs him. A couple of the close up stabbing frames make me think that they're left handed as well?
Since Agni comes out after seeing the photograph, it has to be someone that the Phantomhives know well enough that they'd be in a family portrait.
My guess would be Lizzy/the Midfords then, especially because they are known for they're swordplay skills. But why? And why Soma/Agni and not Ciel?
Just doesn't seem to makes sense @-@

But why would it be Edward? So maybe Lizzie and Bravat? I need to check back on his height compared to everyone else. Is he left handed? Does Lizzie even know how to use a gun? So many more questions now....
animazedApr 23, 2017 1:10 AM
Apr 23, 2017 3:57 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
AGNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :'( He didn't deserve that :( *sheds a tear*

My mind goes to Lizzie but maybe it's the obvious solution since she's currently brainwashed and what not, knows her way with swords, so maybe knives aren't out of her expertise and obviously she's someone Soma would trust, but it's too obvious I suppose :( Except if it's Ciel's twin brother and Soma assumed it was Ciel? But then he would probably wonder about Sebastian's whereabouts... Then again, there were 2 people. One who handled the gun and one who handled the knives. So Soma could have assumed that Sebastian was next to Ciel... And he didn't have a clear vision with those hoods. Well, we'll know next time maybe. Whatever, I'm just sad about Agni :( Why couldn't Sebastian be faster :(
MaffyApr 23, 2017 4:03 AM
Apr 23, 2017 8:23 AM

Sep 2010
this is annoying - I've been waiting a month to find out what's going on, but we only got 25 pages that leave us with even more questions

and besides...

....AGNI DIDN'T DESERVE THIS
I really really didn't want him (or Soma) to die
wonder what Soma's gonna do from now on
Apr 23, 2017 12:15 PM

Mar 2014
NO WAY, NOT AGNI!! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING 。゚(゚´ω`゚)゚。

Never expected such a turn of events *sobs*
Apr 23, 2017 12:18 PM

Feb 2015
Woah woah woahhhhh. Agni :(((

Also... I guess the twin thing is less likely now. Lizzie & Edward?
Apr 23, 2017 12:24 PM

Jun 2015
This chapter ended in a blink. It was Agni. Why?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 23, 2017 12:54 PM

Jun 2009
I refuse to accept this. ;_; I'm going to miss Agni a lot. He was one of my favorite characters.
Apr 23, 2017 3:24 PM

Aug 2013
This chapter was really intense. If Sebastian's mission is to find the killer then we won't be waiting for long for his identity.
Killing Agni is quite a feat in itself.
Apr 23, 2017 3:32 PM

Jan 2015
Crazy chapter. It was really short, but I'm glad they devoted enough time to this scene. It was really powerful. I'm really sad to see Agni go. It really shocked me and it happened so fast. He protected Soma until the end. When Sebastian called him an exemplar butler earlier in this arc, I should have seen his death flag rise slowly but surely. I honestly thought Soma would be the one to die if anyone was going to. But I got a really painful surprise. Awesome chapter.

As for the intruders...I can't help but think the one with the knives was a Midford. The skill they possessed was real and it falls in line with what we already know about that family. I want to say it's Lizzie because the person was able to go against Agni with a bit of help. She has the skill to do that.

But the body and height don't match with the person, so I don't know. The only other person that makes sense to me right now is Edward, a Midford who is around Agni's height. We don't really know anything about his skill with a sword, just that it's not as good as his younger sister. Of course this begs the question of why he would attack Soma and Agni.

And as for the person with the revolver...I have no idea. I wondered if it was Edward and Lizzie teaming up (for some unknown reason), but the roles didn't match. Lizzie would have definitely been the one wielding the knives in that case and we can tell that the shorter person is holding the revolver. Also, the one with the knives looks male. So this obviously doesn't fit.

For the sake of guessing, if we assume the "two Ciel" theory is true, I would venture to guess that the person holding the revolver is Ciel's twin. This would explain the friendliness that Soma shows the person when Soma opens the door. The height difference between Soma and the other Ciel would be about what was shown. And since Ciel's preferred weapon is a revolver it could be a hint that it's at least someone related to Ciel. There's also the part in the last chapter when the person tells Soma "don't touch me like we're pals". So it's possible that the person just looked like someone Soma knows.

Of course this isn't confirmed so it's all guessing at this point. The only thing I'm confident in is that one of them is a Midford (my bets on Edward). We haven't been introduced to anyone else in the manga with this kind of skill except a grim reaper. But all the reapers with a personal motive aren't shorter than Agni. So it doesn't really make sense for them to show up at this point and they definitely wouldn't be recognized or welcomed by Soma.

The only other person I can think of is Bravat. But I don't think that makes sense either because Soma would have to be friendly with him. The only people that would make sense is someone from the boy band (none of which are short enough), Lizzie, Ciel, or a Ciel look-a-like.

/sigh/ So many questions. I can't wait until the next chapter comes out.
Apr 23, 2017 7:22 PM

May 2010
I can't believe this, Agni... T_T He protected Souma with his life, and he didn't deserve to die, dammiiiit! This is Pandora Hearts once again! And both of them were around pretty much since the beginning, this makes it so much harder to deal with...

Also, it doesn't explain Agni's shocked face when he saw the burnt photo, what did he notice? It's hard to say who the opponent was, because Souma is always friendly, all we know is that it was someone, or looked like someone he knew... Hopefully we will find out next month :(
Apr 23, 2017 8:36 PM
Mar 2015
we can narrow it down because Soma knew the killer's face & was utterly shocked for that person to point a gun at him. They were at Ciel's house, so that means it could be a person he got to know through him?? Or he became close/friendly by meeting at ceil's place?? idk i'm still too shook to make rational theories right now.

but was the goal to kill Soma or Ceil??? or was it to bait Ceil??? I can't wait for the next chap!
Apr 24, 2017 12:00 AM

Jun 2012
WTF. The level of gore in this series pretty much skyrocketed in that one scene. I'm a little taken aback by how quickly that chapter escalated. Hopefully we learn more though?? Because i felt that chapter just left me really confused.
--"The world isn't as bad as you think"--
Apr 24, 2017 9:41 AM

Apr 2015
taynis said:
Oh noes, Agni :(
I was afraid that would turn out like this but...THE FEELS MAN :'(

So, yeah, I don't know anymore who it could be. Soma, apparently, reconized the person, who is really strong...o-o

@JoseiQueen
Naah, I don't think so. Sebastian is always kinda amused by human nature, that's all xD

Well he did say Agni was "The epitome of a butler," so I really do feel like he was saddened.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2017 9:50 AM

Jul 2012
JoseiQueen said:

@JoseiQueen

Well he did say Agni was "The epitome of a butler," so I really do feel like he was saddened.

Oh, I see. Well, I can't see Sebastian being sad, buuuuut, I do agree that he respected Agni quite a lot :(
taynisApr 24, 2017 10:01 AM

Apr 24, 2017 9:52 AM

Apr 2015
taynis said:
JoseiQueen said:

@JoseiQueen

Oh, I see. Well, I can't see Sebastian being sad, buuuuut, I do agree that he respected Agni quite a lot :([/quote]

Tru. Makes me happy that Sebastian considered Agni a friend. :)
Apr 24, 2017 5:45 PM

Jun 2011
Rest in peace, Agni. For you are truly one hell of a butler...
Apr 25, 2017 5:05 AM

May 2013
damn.. Toboso Yana-sensei..!! whyyy ;w; why you must kill Agni ;~;
made by bunnyama
Apr 25, 2017 8:48 AM
Mar 2016
I wonder if the order from Ciel "Notify Double Charles" isn't it a clue? or something.. And I wonder about "that side" that Lizzie was talking about.. And there is the mastermind..Undertaker.. ugh so many mysteries
Apr 25, 2017 9:55 AM

Apr 2010
Bring him back!!!!

Apr 25, 2017 6:23 PM
Mar 2016
Not. Okay.

Not okay at all.

(I wonder if that was Lizzy...)
Apr 26, 2017 9:46 AM
Oct 2016
I really suspect the two Charles. Can't get it off my mind.
Apr 27, 2017 11:59 PM

Nov 2011
Saw a couple of people here saying they suspect double Charles, and I definitely agree with that. One of them being as tall as Angi and the sword/knife skills fit very nicely.

Apr 30, 2017 9:14 AM
Nov 2016
I'm not rly sure abt this, but I keep thinking that the assailant was Double Charles????? But nah they prolly didn't have any motive but still Phipps has similar height with Agni
May 2, 2017 10:58 AM
May 2017
Hey guys...

As much as I don't want to believe it, I think the most likely killer is Ciel's twin. This would explain not only the height difference but also the revolver, as well as the fact that Soma obviously knew the person there. The one with the knives is Lizzie. "I must protect..." Perhaps she was brainwashed to protect evil Ciel?

The reason why this is the theory that I'm most inclined to believe is that it gives an explanation to what Agni saw on that piece of the photo. The corner was obviously a part of the whole photograph, indicating that whatever was on there was obviously unnerving to see next to Ciel. So what if there was... someone who looked just like him?
May 3, 2017 4:51 PM

Feb 2013
Well, I'm 100% sure that the person with a revolver is a Ciel's twin. I think in the next chapter Soma will be scared of Ciel and asked why he did that but that was his twin. There are MANY easter eggs in manga proves there was another child so I'm sure of it ;3; but I don't know about 2nd person.
May 4, 2017 6:53 PM
Feb 2010
Double Charles is a good guess. Though I don't think Charles Phipps would yell something like 'Don't act like we're friends'? Of course we don't know the attackers' motivation yet, so...

Also, other short-tall duos that are reasonably close to Agni and Soma (other than Lizzy/Edward, which have been discussed a lot) are Lau and Ran Mao maybe? And...Sullivan and Wolfram, but probably not. Or even Finny/Mei Rin and Brad/Tanaka? Man that would be awesome, but practically impossible.

If it's someone from the school arc, perhaps Maurice? We know he was in the same dorm as Soma.
May 4, 2017 9:06 PM

Jul 2013
I was shook. It's hard to remember that just a few chapters ago, they had idol concerts
May 13, 2017 2:14 AM

Jan 2013
I'm glad our lovely prince Soma is alive but what on Earth is going on there?
Why Agni? Just why? T.T I need to know what is going on NOW! --> unhappily, the two Ciels theory really fits here
Aye Yana you're co cruel sometimes. please don't kill my fav character aka baby Soma I shed tears. :') The las time I shed tears while reading Kuroshitsuji was after my fav female character aka Madame Red's death so quite a long time ago.
thatPinkSpiderMay 13, 2017 3:03 AM

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
May 14, 2017 3:38 PM

Sep 2009
was that necessary. qq

things have definitely picked up though. for some reason this arc never really got my interest, so while i'm devastated by the turn of events, i'm still looking forward to what comes next. but honestly, never would've expected him to die. i feel like we haven't had a death from a major good character in such a long time (ever?) so it's extremely shocking and while it's so unlikely, part of me still hopes that he's not dead even though sebastian basically confirmed it.

who was the perp tho--definitely eager to find out who as well as the motive because they never did finish off soma even though he appeared to be the initial target
May 17, 2017 5:16 PM
May 2017
soma and agni are like my favourite characters :( my heart bleeds 4 them...
also i wish i had an intelligent theory about agni but i dont :( rip...
May 21, 2017 5:44 PM

Nov 2011
Wow. Agni.....

That was just tragic. Wow. Those last words from his to Sebastian are truly memorable.
Jun 22, 2017 11:36 PM

Jun 2013
AGNI!!!!! T.T You really were One of the very best and most Innocent of all man's in this series! You did your duty exemplary! Goin g to miss you..already I am....DX

Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jun 28, 2017 8:33 PM

May 2014
Oh god, that hit harder than I thought it was gonna. Damn it, I cried.
He loved his master that much that he didn't let go of that door handle, even after death; Sebastian, a frickin' demon couldn't get his hand to let go. Or maybe it was out of respect?
I like that idea more.

Poor Soma, oh my god.
This is gonna destroy him.

I loved Sebastian's reaction as well. He's obviously not fond of humans but I like to think he's had a soft spot for Agni since day one...because like he said, he really is an exemplary butler. Completely and utterly selfless, no matter how difficult that is to believe. And that embrace at the end too- total respect. He went out like a boss ;-;

Also, has anybody noticed that the circumstances in which Agni died are eerily similar to how Sebastian "died" in the Murder Case arc?? Weird...or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Aug 14, 2017 3:43 PM

Jun 2011
I'm sobbing my eyes out, fucking Agni, holy crap, I'm crying, I'm so sad, he was an amazing butler!!! AN INSPIRATION!!!
Mar 2, 2019 6:02 AM
Jan 2019
Im sad, Agni died. Sebastian was amazed by him it means he is really strong butler. Why did he has to die? I feel sad for Soma. He always need someone with him because Ciel never see him as a friend.
May 7, 2021 2:56 AM

Sep 2020
This is so heartbreaking.....he is one of my fav character in black butler :(

so long and goodnight...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuro Shitsuji Chapter 5 Discussion

zq - Jul 7, 2008

23 by Emmuhzx »»
Apr 23, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 211 Discussion

TheMangaManiac - Apr 18

1 by calzonepocket »»
Apr 18, 5:54 AM

» a small disscussion on how you feel about black buttler?

Hydroalbidius - Mar 17

3 by Hydroalbidius »»
Apr 17, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 36 Discussion

Jellyfish13 - Aug 20, 2009

29 by Embient »»
Apr 13, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 210 Discussion

EfiChan - Mar 20

4 by EfiChan »»
Mar 27, 5:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.