Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 7, 2017 4:10 AM

Feb 2016
The only thing that hasn't disappointed me so far, despite the use of CGI, that makes characters move unnaturally.
Apr 7, 2017 5:30 AM

Jun 2007
Why would you put the two different characters animation styles together in the same scene?
Surely they should have stuck with one or the other throughout.
Apr 7, 2017 6:45 AM

May 2010
Oh my. I'm so glad I watched episode 0 before this. When Shindo got out of the cube he instantly became my favorite character. I'm digging the Arrival + GATE vibe.

Oh no the funny shriek is in the preview.
Apr 7, 2017 7:19 AM

Apr 2013
Finally! Something like Noein! I dig this! : ]

Apr 7, 2017 7:33 AM

Aug 2013
My curiosity is making me to want to watch this more. Can't wait to find out what will happen next.

Apr 7, 2017 8:30 AM

Dec 2015
@KitoraList Would you mind to show me the similarities, please ?

edit @KitoraList Thank you. ^^
Rei_IIIApr 7, 2017 9:01 AM
Apr 7, 2017 8:59 AM

Apr 2013
Rei366 said:
@KitoraList Would you mind to show me the similarities, please ?
I just want a good scifi anime. : ] Too early to tell but I think cube is similar to Noein's Shangri-La(or is it Lacryma? its been a long time since I saw the anime). That mysterious guy reminds me of Dragon Knights from Noein. Plus cg goodness! Sorry for the bad answer. Not good with explaining stuff.

Apr 7, 2017 10:03 AM

Nov 2010
A shell weighing 7800 g (7,8 kg) traveling at 6000 km/h (1666,67 m/s) would have a kinetic energy of 10.833.333,33 J, or 10,83 MJ. Not "over 1000 MJ". If that scientist girl is the best they have I'm afraid that Japan might be doomed this time.
Apr 7, 2017 12:10 PM

Dec 2015
Best 1st episode of the new stuff I have watched this season - so far. Yes one of the chars reminded me of Tosaki from Ajin.

I liked the introduction in episode 00. (I guess that metal they were developing might be useful later in the plot.) And I liked the pacing in this episode. Not too fast but not too slow (ending at an interesting point).

Researcher girl is fun. First I thought she might be annoying. (Thought they were going to introduce some loli when I saw that childish/toy looking thing but then her face showed she was an adult.) But I quickly started to like her (when she wanted to risk getting the expensive robots destroyed).

Looking forward to the next episodes. Hopefully some interesting story/plot.
Apr 7, 2017 12:16 PM

Mar 2010
Story might be really good but i just can't handle CGI in any form what so ever.
Okay I can overlook CGI if they are used on distant moving objects like crowds of people. (Even that breaks my immersion) But main char's let alone in the same screen as drawn char's!? NOOO... wrong wrong wrong!!
Apr 7, 2017 9:16 PM

Mar 2009
ROFLross said:
Why would you put the two different characters animation styles together in the same scene?
Surely they should have stuck with one or the other throughout.

This is a decent show so far, but yeah, what the hell? Switching back and forth like that, and mixing both together at times - it's odd and inconsistent. Confusing decision on their part.
Apr 7, 2017 11:48 PM
Jan 2015
Still surprised me they were using Unity engine, they announced it at first that they were planning to use Maya like on Expelled from Paradise. It looks great, in this way, CG anime will improve exponentially.

They even change the strange voice next episode.

Kerozinn said:
Just started watching ep 0 and i already can tell how much effort they put into this show based on this alone. NONE

ep0 - mostly boring until almost the very end.
ep1 - shooring all kinds of random shit on an alien ship sure seems like a gread idea as the first attempt of contact. and why was a modern tank shooting cannonballs lol? this show is just so damn uncreative when when it comes to anything but the cube. the alien sure doesnt look alien.

overall the cgi still irks me, the premise is interesting enough to keep me watching but the animation quality and art style are pretty terrible to look at. Visually this show is meh.

2/5

If you want to shit on the show, use your brain dude. And that black round thing is not a cannon ball, tf dude?

Did you watch most of the current anime series airing this season, or the past CG animus, or do you even watch anime seasonally?

Even the background people animation is movie tier.
Apr 8, 2017 2:25 AM

May 2010
yeh you lost me at "movie tier". blocked.
KerozinnApr 8, 2017 2:36 AM
Apr 8, 2017 3:00 AM

Oct 2013
Ep0 was kinda boring but the end of ep1 made me all excited. My heart literally started pounding and my head filled with all kinds of theories when Shindou climbed the stairs followed by the alien. I want to know what happened there and what it is all about.
The anime seems very promising. Hopefully I won't get disappointed.

I am getting Erased, Code Geass and Yuri on Ice(the characters are just so gay...) vibes from it.

BTW. Scientist girl is very likable. I believe she is a character designed for the role of chorus. You know - when watchers are getting bored/tired/frustrated with the drama she comes out and turns the action around just like we want it. At least it was the case for me - she was always saying and doing what I had in mind within a second of me thinking "Why doesn't anyone...?". Although "Kami" was a little too much.
Apr 8, 2017 6:53 AM

Sep 2015
What's Mikaela doing here O.O (First time I saw the poster, I really thought it was Mika)

Yet another interesting episode. Though, it really bugs me that everyone is all Shindo Shindo... Hanamori is there too you know -_- poor guy... not one of his colleague is worried about him.

It seems I made the mistake to start watching this anime so soon... the anticipation is a bit hard to deal with. Oh well, putting this on hold for now until more episodes have aired
Apr 8, 2017 7:26 AM

Jul 2013
Why such a low score O.o

This is like Arrival the anime. Wouldn't surprise me if they got the idea from it actually..
Apr 8, 2017 7:47 AM

Feb 2016
After watching Knights of Sidonia and Ajin, I am fairly confident I shouldn't miss out this one. And goddamn what a start. My heart was pounding and whoaed when Shindo claimed the stairs.

Jeez these low scores.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Apr 8, 2017 7:53 AM

Nov 2010
The 1st episode was great as a SF anime. Characters made by CG and the depiction of the resistance of the wall were kind of clumsy, but it's ok. The scenes that the plane was swallowed into the cube and the appearance of the alien were full of suspense. However the Japanese title and the negotiator setting bring a bad hunch that the show will end up some kind of quiz game, we have to wait the following episodes.
Apr 8, 2017 10:31 AM
Dec 2015
First thing I noticed was the cgi. Wasn't sure what to think at first, but when that cube started to appear I got interested pretty fast. Definitely liking the mystery here and their attempts at figuring out how to deal with the cube even though the scientist girl's personality did annoy me a little. I was thinking it was going to be some sort of alternate dimension so interesting to see it actually appears to be alien contact.
Apr 8, 2017 12:08 PM

Jul 2016
All I've gotta say is the CGI should be removed, or at least be as little as it was in episode 0. Other than that I really enjoyed the episode, I wasn't bored not even for a second. I have to say I'm really looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 8, 2017 3:41 PM
Apr 2017
good stroy so far, cant wait to see next episode.

I just wish there is no homo in this anime and the fandom will made some gay fan art. .
Apr 8, 2017 6:43 PM

Oct 2008
Unbelievable!
I'm definitely gonna follow this show!
5/5!

Apr 9, 2017 8:23 AM

Feb 2014
Ep 1: Aka no one gives a shit about Hanamori lol
Apr 9, 2017 3:46 PM

Oct 2014
Why -almost- every anime has to have a female character that is annoying as hell? Oh yeah, that must be top-class content 10/10

KitoraList said:
Finally! Something like Noein! I dig this! : ]

No. In Noien we have children that act like children and adults that act like adults.
Apr 9, 2017 6:44 PM

Feb 2012
Certainly an interesting setting. I'm not too fond of the 3D characters, but I can deal with it. The cube, however, is done extremely well. It looks really good and fits in the scenes.

I also liked the music, especially in the last scene with the stairs.

The second episode is going to heavily decide the direction of the story and if I'm going to stick around for more.
Apr 9, 2017 9:47 PM
Nov 2015
this anime have the best CGI than other anime, feells hybrid 3d + 2d combine so the anime feells still there instead 3d movies that looks so stiff and bad [ aka berzerk and other cgi anime that fail to cgi animated ]. i wonder can they decrease the CGI a bit, it will be perfect

kinda interesting i wonder there's will be other alien person ?
Apr 9, 2017 10:27 PM
Oct 2013
Watched episode 0 and 1. Great stuff and pretty interesting. It's something like Gate but it's more on Sci-Fi than Fantasy. Gonna keep watching this anime.
Apr 10, 2017 2:05 AM

May 2014
This is a very interesting first episode, the only thing that ticked me off was the assistant scientist which I hopefully will not be bothered by anymore.
Aside from that the CGI actually looks nice, might even look human.
The soundtrack is good too.
Starting off with an 8/10 including episode 0.

Gersen said:
A shell weighing 7800 g (7,8 kg) traveling at 6000 km/h (1666,67 m/s) would have a kinetic energy of 10.833.333,33 J, or 10,83 MJ. Not "over 1000 MJ". If that scientist girl is the best they have I'm afraid that Japan might be doomed this time.

And here I was thinking that it'd actually be legit.
KamSungApr 10, 2017 2:08 AM
Apr 10, 2017 5:42 AM

Dec 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed eps0 and 1.

The only thing that had me going "ugh" was the scientist lady. Wish they could have made her character a bit more adult-like. Maybe she will grow on me, but I found her introduction super irritating and not at all a believable character in this "world".

That aside, this was a good start and I'm quite interested to see where this show will go!
Apr 10, 2017 7:46 AM

Aug 2012
Gersen said:

That is quite disappointing actually. Especially because that's not something that's even remotely difficult to calculate.

I was rewatching that scene to make sure that there weren't any translation errors, but everything's translated correctly.
.................................................................................
Apr 10, 2017 8:06 AM

Apr 2009
All in all I rather liked it. Enjoyed the experiments and the atmosphere it had. The end with the stairs had an epic vibe, like anything could happen. Big improvement over episode 0, although most of that was supposed to be mundane by design so hey.

It pains me to say it, but I didn't completely hate the CGI. Vehicles and sometimes character movements don't look great, but otherwise it's not complete garbage.

The professor's assistant was amusing at first but got a little tiresome. Hopefully they use her a little more sparingly.

Can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 10, 2017 8:11 AM

Apr 2015
I'm in love with the art. Just look at it

Simply amazing.

Anyway the god looks epiccc can't wait for ep 2.
Apr 10, 2017 9:47 AM

Jan 2013
At the beginning it was boring but Shinawa is so likeable I can't here. ;;
Oh and this ending was pretty interesting.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Apr 10, 2017 3:44 PM

Jan 2011
I guess that what happen when 2d artist and 3d artist fights together

whatever I guess I will enjoy to watch "Saraka-chan" try to get out of friend-zone
Apr 10, 2017 10:43 PM

Jun 2008
The CG is actually pretty well-done, it's mostly fluid and not as stiff as some CG. However, I question the need for the CG parts, because it's mixed in with the 2D (including some scenes where one character is CG but another isn't), and most of the 2D animation seems pretty good. Is it like, cheaper or faster to animate CG or something? Or are they trying to experiment?

Of course the alien if a bishounen who speaks perfect Japanese. Why wouldn't it be.

If they insist on using CG, it'd be cool if say, all the humans were 2D, but the alien is CG, that way the alien would stand out, but it'd be on purpose.
Apr 11, 2017 7:41 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Quite the first episode and a pretty interesting one as well

Hmm so the main characters are members of a government agency eh
Thats the law of negotiation though. Even if you get what you want it will come back and bite you later on. Hmm how to react when you see a cube suddenly appear in midair and approach you. I guarantee you that everyone's reactions will be frozen and shocked. The captain did well to not be frozen though. Wow a plane just got kidnapped by a giant cube.

It will be interesting to see how the government will react.
Seems that Shindo is well known within the government as well
Its nice that apart from the governments reaction as well as their staff's reaction that we get to see what the civilians think as well. Man the new's reporters really don't lack in guts eh. The cube is at least 2000 meters high then given that thats the altitude its at from the ground. Its interesting that we get to see the structure of the Japanese government as well. Its nice that so far they are focused on gathering info and not massing armies to destroy the cube lol. Lol the assistant isn't fazed by all the suits in the room as she happily explains what she had discovered lol. Brave girl. So the plane is actually inside the cube then i think. Having Rie Kugimiya voice the girl was a nice move as her voice range makes it easy for her to voice characters like this girl. Since the cube is so big and tall it can be seen from quite far away eh.

The problem is whether can the police and the fire department can do anything about the giant cube is the thing lol. Given that its now a rescue operation it will have to involve the SDF though. So the cube isn't giving off heat or radiation of any kind eh. Lol Karata really likes destroying things doesn't she. Watching everyone try to gather info about the cube sure is interesting though. Wow they were certainly thorough in testing out the methods. Lol Kurata stealing the limelight. But in light of the expected supplies left to the people thats on the plane i guess military force is also necessary as well. Kinetic power is the next thing to be tested eh. But we need to be sure of the info and this needs to be done before the people on the plane die of hunger. Hmm so the cube absorbed the power of the shell eh. Hmm so Shindou is fine and the owner of the cube also appears as well.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2017 12:39 PM

Oct 2012
So... Am I the only one who absolutely hate Shinawa character (the professor girl)? I really don't understand the need of such comic relief character in show like this.
They are expecting us to take this series seriously yet they put in such annoying character that means even THEY are not taking this seriously?
I usually like Kugimiya Rie but she's really unfit fo show like this. Mao, on the other hand, seems acting fine.

Anyway, not bad for a start yet I have got the feeling this is aimed especially at military otaku. The first contact with the cube just screamed "we are just showing off our tech" and I wonder if this will be continous trend. Gate anime wannabe perhaps? But so far we learned almost nothing new in this episode.
It could turn right but so far there are some signs of possible bad elements already.

And as for the CG - it is generally good but the constant switching between 2D characters and 3D ones is just jarring, would be better if they sticked to one for most of it. Still prefer 2D though (and the episode 00 was better because it was mostly hand-drawn)
Apr 12, 2017 6:10 AM
May 2008
Gersen said:

Also i don't see why it would be impossible for humanity for awhile if that fails:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projectile Several options after an AP round though it is the strongest round of a tank and I guess relatively easy to shoot. But weird science in the show. :| and it seems to be an important aspect of it too..

Also during episode 0 the whole super metal concept seemed off. Super negotiator comes up with super metal theory and gets scientist to freely create such a thing in a small town chrome plating facility? :|

I can google too can I have his job.
Apr 12, 2017 1:02 PM
Mar 2012
Physicist looks like ojisan from March Lion.
Girl scientist funny but at odds with the whole tone of their emergency. winwinwin.
rip wall-e.
Inori's brother & his alien effects look good. More Mandelbox fractals than ep0.
Most interested in how Shindo ties with each character who hinted their history as negotiator.
Seems mystery/plot centric, the mix art is ok & cg above average.
Apr 13, 2017 10:21 PM

Feb 2013
Alright.....I don't know how I feel about the animation....like it's weird....but it isn't bad.

But I think this will be an interesting anime for sure.
Apr 14, 2017 9:33 PM

Jul 2011
I love all the investigation and build up to the reveal. I'm actually super excited after watching the episode!! TOEI IMPRESS ME PLEASE.

Not a huge fan of the scientist lady, but perhaps she'll grow on me.
Apr 16, 2017 8:55 AM

Apr 2016
Good start, impressive beautiful animations and an interesting modern setting. Besides, I like the mysterious atmosphere.

Hopefully, we'll soon learn what Yaha-kui want/is planning
Apr 16, 2017 8:40 PM

Jun 2014
Why does everyone have red eyelashes?...
Apr 19, 2017 12:31 PM

Sep 2013
Premise seems interesting though cgi are really not my preference. I can already tell that babbling assistant scientist is gonna get on my nerves. Shido seemed cool though....
Apr 20, 2017 7:56 PM

Jan 2008
A rather science-y anime. That shocked me a bit. We rarely get straight up sci-fi anime using actual science these days. Definitely going to stick with this show until the end.
Apr 21, 2017 9:35 AM

Dec 2016
Pretty good episode, although hopefully in the next episode they show what happened inside the cube between Yaha-kui and Shindo
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 27, 2017 6:25 PM

Feb 2013
Way more interesting than the boring episode 0.

That said, it still feels under-done. This could have been amazingly mysterious, but I don't think Toei is capable of more.
Apr 28, 2017 9:46 PM

Jul 2014
I wonder what Shindo has to do with all of this.
I like the ED music, and the OST are kind of grandiose.
May 7, 2017 3:21 AM

Jun 2016
It's a little sad they made the female theoretical physicist into a typical genki-girl, I don't understand why they would try to pander to that kind of an audience in such an otherwise mature show. If it's for comic relief, it's not very imaginative at all. Can someone please bring in Kurisu from Stein's;Gate instead?

That's probably my only gripe, though. Everything else was bloody perfect. I didn't mind the CGI one bit. I'm annoyed at myself for not picking this show up earlier. Hard sci-fi elements, great execution, soaring soundtrack, and an extremely intelligent and mature MC - just what I want.
May 7, 2017 10:14 AM

Dec 2010
Arachnophobic said:
It's a little sad they made the female theoretical physicist into a typical genki-girl, I don't understand why they would try to pander to that kind of an audience in such an otherwise mature show. If it's for comic relief, it's not very imaginative at all. Can someone please bring in Kurisu from Stein's;Gate instead?

That's probably my only gripe, though. Everything else was bloody perfect. I didn't mind the CGI one bit. I'm annoyed at myself for not picking this show up earlier. Hard sci-fi elements, great execution, soaring soundtrack, and an extremely intelligent and mature MC - just what I want.

So true its like i dont hate it but the show has a mature feel so why the need to have a character like that well we should at lest be grateful its not a loli.lol
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

226 by StarryNight157 »»
Jan 7, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2017

91 by nick_el_son »»
May 2, 2023 12:06 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

156 by koneroko »»
Dec 15, 2022 7:14 AM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2017

71 by koneroko »»
Dec 15, 2022 4:19 AM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

102 by HumbertoZero »»
Jul 29, 2022 5:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.