Forum Settings
Forums

This has been the best season for anime I can remember

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 26, 2017 9:08 AM

Sep 2011
It isn't the best season for me, but it's still better than some previous seasons.

KonoSuba 2

Youjo Senki

Little witch Academia

Blue Exorcist 2

These are the only ones I liked and didn't drop, especially Youjo Senki .
Mar 26, 2017 9:10 AM

Apr 2014
It was okay, not really outstanding, but not bad either.
Mar 26, 2017 9:11 AM

Oct 2013
John_2001 said:
Hoppy said:
Summer may be the best since 2011.
Can you explain what's this hype for Summer? All I see are some generic manga and LN adaptations.

That is what @Hoppy likes, moe, slice of life/ harem light novel adaptations. Just look at his favorite list and favorite characters, you can easily tell what type of anime he considered good.

No disrespect to Hoppy I don't care what you like, just find it odd that he is asking that question when its clearly obvious why you like that season.
Mar 26, 2017 9:23 AM

Jul 2012
I, of course, didn't watch all the anime in this season, but I'm pretty happy with my choices...so yeah, it was an enjoyable season for me :)

Mar 26, 2017 9:24 AM

Feb 2016
The season was good but not perfect.I think it was pretty decent and I watched some pretty good Animes (but also bad).To me it's like every other season before.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Mar 26, 2017 9:28 AM

Apr 2016
Watch Rakugo, it's really impressive.
Mar 26, 2017 9:33 AM

Dec 2016
I only watched youjo senkai - fuuka and nly 3 episodes from masuman-kun and I think youjo senkai is the best of winter 2017..
Mar 26, 2017 9:55 AM
Jul 2018
Nah. Sangatsu no Lion, the leftover, saved this season.
Mar 26, 2017 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
Brb said:
Senpaoi said:

I think most people on these forums know better than to use sarcasm online? And you've not updated your list since February, there were more than a few possibilities. Lastly, why WOULD you even be sarcastic about ACCA being the best? Some people actually think it is...

? The sarcasm was for this part
Because I'm obviooooously not watching ACCA yet I referred to it as a great show this season.

PS. Are you drunk or did you just wake up because your thought patterns are totally out of the left field.

And kek about the update history, how did that lead into "not watching most of the shows this season".

Wait, then that proves my point even moreso... I didn't bother to check your list again. Back to my first post again: you made a dumb statement.
Mar 26, 2017 11:45 AM
Jan 2017
Yeah koyobashi maid dragon, showa genroku 2, Konosuba 2 and little witch academia are amazing, but I did drop Akiba's trip which had an annoying otaku character with unfunny jokes. Not to mention fairy forest XD oh god what was that. So

Just wish Little witch academia was stream by netflix instead of having to watch in other streaming website, and then have netflix released it after all the episode air wtf.
Mar 26, 2017 11:51 AM

Mar 2017
keragamming said:
just find it odd that he is asking that question when its clearly obvious why you like that season.
I have heard plenty of people saying that Summer 2017 looks much better than Spring 2017, sans the moe flavors.

Meh, I think Spring 2017 looks very promising for sequels but not so good for newer animes.
Mar 26, 2017 11:57 AM

Oct 2013
John_2001 said:
keragamming said:
just find it odd that he is asking that question when its clearly obvious why you like that season.
I have heard plenty of people saying that Summer 2017 looks much better than Spring 2017, sans the moe flavors.

Meh, I think Spring 2017 looks very promising for sequels but not so good for newer animes.

The only series I find interesting in that season so far is, Ballroom e Youkoso and Kakegurui. The rest looks like your typical average anime that I will drop in one or two episodes. People are probably hype for those two anime I mention.
Mar 26, 2017 1:52 PM

Sep 2016
Scarlett_ryuken said:
ehhh im too lazy to look at your list in depth

but yea yolo ima be that douche
you dropped
BHA
death note
fmab
kekkai
kill la kill
lwa
monster
monogatari
eva
nhk
ping pong
rakugo
and gurren lagann

you wouldnt know what is a good season even if it hits you in the ball sack

Don't forget Cowboy Bebop, Re:Zero, Wolf's Rain and Yuri on Ice.
Mar 26, 2017 1:55 PM

Mar 2014
I think I picked up 2 things and tried giving konosuba a second chance. Really not a good season imo.
Mar 26, 2017 6:18 PM

Oct 2015
brandewijn said:
Scarlett_ryuken said:
ehhh im too lazy to look at your list in depth

but yea yolo ima be that douche
you dropped
BHA
death note
fmab
kekkai
kill la kill
lwa
monster
monogatari
eva
nhk
ping pong
rakugo
and gurren lagann

you wouldnt know what is a good season even if it hits you in the ball sack

Don't forget Cowboy Bebop, Re:Zero, Wolf's Rain and Yuri on Ice.

re:zero
yuri on ice
>good

ye you dont even know what's good
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Mar 26, 2017 7:43 PM

Jun 2015
Senpaoi said:
Brb said:

? The sarcasm was for this part

PS. Are you drunk or did you just wake up because your thought patterns are totally out of the left field.

And kek about the update history, how did that lead into "not watching most of the shows this season".

Wait, then that proves my point even moreso... I didn't bother to check your list again. Back to my first post again: you made a dumb statement.

The stupidity in your successive posts are glaring.
Here. I'll show you how the quote tower went
Me: not much good shows.
You: meh, didn't even see plenty of shows, unless you don't update?
Me: post sarcastic remark alluding to quote before.
You: took sarcasm seriously (which alludes to the post before apparently being serious)
Me: pointed out the sarcasm, and the questionable seriousness of the first quote.
You: 1. IDGAF 2. Apparently didn't notice the obvious sarcasm 3. Thought that the first post was the sarcasm.
Me: Ugh, how stupid, the sarcasm that was the blatant one (withhhhhhh an emphasssizeddd word to show the sarcasm)
You: Apparently you didn't read first quote + opinions are objective.

Kek. I obvioussssslyyyy didn't use sarcasm because I didn't read the first post.
And wow, not only did you miss the blatantly emhasized sarcasm of my later post but mistook my first post as the sarcastic one.

To quote you:
Use your head
Mar 26, 2017 8:12 PM
Jul 2018
Brb said:
Senpaoi said:

You: took sarcasm seriously (which alludes to the post before apparently being serious)
Me: pointed out the sarcasm, and the questionable seriousness of the first quote.
You: 1. IDGAF 2. Apparently didn't notice the obvious sarcasm 3. Thought that the first post was the sarcasm.
Me: Ugh, how stupid, the sarcasm that was the blatant one (withhhhhhh an emphasssizeddd word to show the sarcasm)

Kek. I obvioussssslyyyy didn't use sarcasm because I didn't read the first post.
And wow, not only did you miss the blatantly emhasized sarcasm of my later post but mistook my first post as the sarcastic one.

To quote you:
Use your head

Jeez, you really are an idiot.

Just read your first post. Then read my first post. You said ACCA was the best this season, I mentioned how THERE ARE NO ANIME AIRING THIS SEASON ON YOUR LIST (MUCH LESS, ACCA). In that case, your sarcasm is misplaced because it would be like you saying, "I'm obviously not watching ACCA (looks a list, looks back)" or something of the sort. It would be saying that you are watching the show, hence why I left the possibility that you simply haven't updated your list since watching it.

The rest was just arguing about that.
Mar 26, 2017 8:21 PM

Aug 2016
Kuzu no Honkai is one of the best romantic anime I'd ever seen
Mar 26, 2017 8:35 PM

Jun 2015
Senpaoi said:
Brb said:

To quote you:

Jeez, you really are an idiot.

Just read your first post. Then read my first post. You said ACCA was the best this season, I mentioned how THERE ARE NO ANIME AIRING THIS SEASON ON YOUR LIST (MUCH LESS, ACCA). In that case, your sarcasm is misplaced because it would be like you saying, "I'm obviously not watching ACCA (looks a list, looks back)" or something of the sort. It would be saying that you are watching the show, hence why I left the possibility that you simply haven't updated your list since watching it.

The rest was just arguing about that.

-_-"

Do you even know how sarcasm works? I used sarcasm to allude to the
I like how you can make such a statement without having seen many of the anime that aired. You crossed the apparent line between bold and stupid. Unless, of course, you don't update your list?

It's sarcasm. It obviously alludes to the second part of your statement, how is that misplaced?

To which you responded with
You think I would call a statement about a show you're watching bold? Use your head, or are you unable to read your whole post?

Which is stupid, because duh, the sarcastic remark emphasized the second part of your post already.

So I answered in a serious manner, since you took the sarcasm seriously, and pointed out that it was sarcasm.

To which you responded

I think most people on these forums know better than to use sarcasm online? And you've not updated your list since February, there were more than a few possibilities. Lastly, why WOULD you even be sarcastic about ACCA being the best? Some people actually think it is...

Now this is the facepalm moment, because not only did you thought that the first post was the sarcasm (I blatantly posted it as sarcasm, how the fuck do you miss which one it was) and I mentioned your questionable thought patterns for obvious reasons.

And for the record. I didn't mention ACCA as best this season, I simply mentioned it as a great non-sequel.

Also, my last quote is basically this quote, but less explained. Apparently, you lack the sense to make out what it meant.
Mar 26, 2017 9:13 PM
Reviewer

Apr 2012
brandewijn said:
I've never stuck with so many of the seasonal offerings before. There are just so many good shows and they're all ending ;( Favorites were Konosuba 2, Youjo Senki, Kuzu no Honkai, Kobayashi-san-chi no Maid Dragon, Demi-chan wa Kataritai, Gabriel Dropout, Onihei, and All Out!! Still need to watch Rakugo. The romcoms were disappointing though.

What do you think?

You're surely going to be shocked about what the next season has to offer, then lol... I've watch the most popular anime is all seasons dating back to 2011 and there have been far better ones than this in my opinion.

keragamming said:
John_2001 said:

The only series I find interesting in that season so far is, Ballroom e Youkoso and Kakegurui. The rest looks like your typical average anime that I will drop in one or two episodes. People are probably hype for those two anime I mention.

My score guestimation for next season is the following (I'm usually right within about 1 score point):

AoT Season 2 (9)
Clockwork Planet (9) [Looking very interesting, a sci-fi fantasy like nothing I've never seen something like this before]
Hero Academia 2 (9)
Sakurada Reset (8) [A unique, new type of anime?]
Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul (8) [Action, fantasy, magic Enjoyed Season one a lot]
Re:Creators (8) [Lots of Action]
DanMachi Season 2 (8) [Because I watched DanMachi Season 1]
Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? (8) [Extremely long name that I can't list, but the premise seems new, interesting, and fantasy]
Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai (8) [It's been too long since there's been a real ecchi anime]
Seikaisuru Kaido (7) [New anime premise? Interesting premise]
Alice to Zouroku (7) [New anime premise? Giving me some slight Gosick vibes]
Souryo to Majiwaru Shikiyoku no Yoru ni...[Comedy following the new 4-minutes per episode trend]
Gin no Guardian (7) [Haoliners (upcoming studio) action where Guy gets pulled into game. That's all I needed to know]
Idk about Boruto, I stopped watching Naruto after the ninja war ended. (7)
Quan Zhi Gao Shou (7) [another fantasy game anime]
Eromanga-sensei (7) [Kind of scared of the "romance" tag because it's giving me oreimo vibes]
Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine (7) [Visually stunning royal tutor anime]
Renai Boukun (6) [Generic harem comedy romance?]
Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records (5) generic harem OP MC?
Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho (5 possibly +-2) Seisen Cerberus 2.0?

Mar 26, 2017 9:18 PM

Oct 2016
Indeed. The Winter 2017 season has undoubtedly the best anime lineup.

I hope the next one won't disappoint us.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Mar 26, 2017 9:19 PM

Sep 2014
Gintama, Rakugo, and Sangatsu 2nd cour. I definitely had a great time with this season.
Mar 26, 2017 9:20 PM

Aug 2012
Nah, I think this season is one of the worse.
Though my favorite anime, Gintama is aired this season, so it's not that too bad for me. And not to mention 3-gatsu no Lion also finished this season.
あの海を遠く遠く見渡す その向こうに新しい世界が見えた 幻想のように

Mar 26, 2017 9:39 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
It was an ok season imo. I really only liked Blue Exorcist S2, Konosuba S2, ACCA 13 and Interviews with Monster Girls. I hope this upcoming season is even better.
Mar 26, 2017 9:45 PM

Apr 2014
Symphyon said:
Tbh not even the best season in my honest opinion, but it was at least better than Winter 2016, that's pretty sure for me (I don't have to say why... just look at my scores for some shows from the season and you'll see why xD)

Man 2016 has been a shitty year for anime (aside from few exceptions)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2017 9:45 PM

Sep 2016
brandewijn said:
I've never stuck with so many of the seasonal offerings before. There are just so many good shows and they're all ending ;( Favorites were Konosuba 2, Youjo Senki, Kuzu no Honkai, Kobayashi-san-chi no Maid Dragon, Demi-chan wa Kataritai, Gabriel Dropout, Onihei, and All Out!! Still need to watch Rakugo. The romcoms were disappointing though.

What do you think?

I too have been keeping up with several this season, and just over half of them are getting simul-dubs (silent cheer).

I won't go so far as to claim "Best Season", but compared to most seasons from the past 3-4 years (since I started keeping up with seasonals), it has probably the most shows I've followed at once.
You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Mar 26, 2017 10:26 PM
Jul 2018
Barcia said:
Symphyon said:
Tbh not even the best season in my honest opinion, but it was at least better than Winter 2016, that's pretty sure for me (I don't have to say why... just look at my scores for some shows from the season and you'll see why xD)

Man 2016 has been a shitty year for anime (aside from few exceptions)

Nah actually 2016 was a decent year. It isn't bad, it's not great. Better than 2014 tbh.
Mar 26, 2017 10:48 PM

Apr 2011
brandewijn said:
sakamoto-kun said:
Fuuka was shit.
I thought there would be some likable characters or something, but it just got cringier and cringier with each passing episode.

Just asking;
Mar 27, 2017 6:45 AM
Mar 2012
yhunata said:
brandewijn said:
I thought there would be some likable characters or something, but it just got cringier and cringier with each passing episode.

Just asking;

Yes, some folks rejoiced while others raged. But bigger rageworthy things happened afterwards.

Havent finished all but...
Fun, epic or meaningful: Kemono Friends (improves almost every episode, mystery unravels, So educational! So amazing! So fun!), Rakugo, Youjo Senki, Kanna Dragon, Lion, Yowapedal.

Kinda nice: Superlovers (deep relationships), Urara (moe), Masamune (tasty salt), Demi, lwa (forgettable watchable), BanG Dream (moe, pretty art, strong characters), acca (mystery improves a lot later), Fuuka (great songs, some cute, rage salt), ChaosChild (poorman's O;9, better pacing but worse everything else)

Ok, ehhhh: Akiba (some thoughtful otaku references but...), Chain Chronicle (good fights, boring story/chars), Rewrite (better than s1 a bit), Seiren (last arc most romance proper)

Boring: Minami bikers, shakers, strikers
Mar 27, 2017 6:49 AM

Apr 2011
gophercg said:
yhunata said:

Just asking;

Yes, some folks rejoiced while others raged. But bigger rageworthy things happened afterwards.

Mar 27, 2017 7:27 AM

Apr 2015
I have to admit, since I actually started caring about things that aired in a season (Which was last Winter), this season has more intriguing titles then any prior one.
There was nothing intriguing in Winter 2016, and while Spring 2016 had Kiznaiver (7), RE:Zero (7), and Kabaneri (5), Summer 2016 had nothing and Winter 2016 only provided Flip Flappers (7) and The Magical Girl Raising Project (6).

Granted, there were other series which aired during that time which I will eventually tackle because they are part of a franchise, ie: Fate/Kalied S4, Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans, Macross Delta. But all in all, there wasn't alot that got my interest over the course of a year.

This season has Acca, Youjo Senki, Kizu no Honkai, Koboyashi's Dragon Maid, Little Witch Academia, and Interviews with Monster Girls. I'm satisfied with that line up, considering that most of Spring 2017' titles are either sequels or series that don't particularly interest me. (Though granted, when this season started only Koboyahi's Dragon Maid and Little Witch Academia had my interest, I picked up the others via recommendations from people I trust and the yuri tease that Kizu has).
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Mar 27, 2017 7:33 AM

Oct 2015
InsaneLeader13 said:
I have to admit, since I actually started caring about things that aired in a season (Which was last Winter), this season has more intriguing titles then any prior one.
There was nothing intriguing in Winter 2016, and while Spring 2016 had Kiznaiver (7), RE:Zero (7), and Kabaneri (5), Summer 2016 had nothing and Winter 2016 only provided Flip Flappers (7) and The Magical Girl Raising Project (6).

Granted, there were other series which aired during that time which I will eventually tackle because they are part of a franchise, ie: Fate/Kalied S4, Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans, Macross Delta. But all in all, there wasn't alot that got my interest over the course of a year.

This season has Acca, Youjo Senki, Kizu no Honkai, Koboyashi's Dragon Maid, Little Witch Academia, and Interviews with Monster Girls. I'm satisfied with that line up, considering that most of Spring 2017' titles are either sequels or series that don't particularly interest me. (Though granted, when this season started only Koboyahi's Dragon Maid and Little Witch Academia had my interest, I picked up the others via recommendations from people I trust and the yuri tease that Kizu has).

you know ibo is a new stand alone gundam right :/
you can watch it without finishing UC or any other AU gundam
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Mar 27, 2017 7:39 AM

Jul 2015
I am still watching 3-gatsu no lion, and yeah I know it will be great.
For this season, they will be Konosuba and Kuzu no Honkai. I will watch Rakugo season 2 after it finished airing. I love to watch that anime in one go :D
Mar 27, 2017 7:52 AM

Apr 2015
Scarlett_ryuken said:
InsaneLeader13 said:

you know ibo is a new stand alone gundam right :/
you can watch it without finishing UC or any other AU gundam

Yep, I know, But I promised myself I wouldn't start tackling Gundam anything until I completed every significant title in the Macross franchsie. Rest assured, I'll probably be watching IBO side by side with Gundam 1979 once I get to it.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Mar 27, 2017 9:13 AM

Jun 2015
I personally loved it. The only - point was Akiba's trip
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Mar 27, 2017 10:58 AM

Aug 2015
Better than most of the seasons of 2016.
But what is that? is that a Snk S2 i see? i guess most people will like the next season more.
Liking traps is gay and liking Lolis is Pedophila.
Come at me bruh!
Mar 27, 2017 11:10 AM

Jun 2015
Hoppy said:
It's just an average season.

Spring is desolate and Summer may be the best since 2011.
Agree on spring but how is exactly Summer supposed to be any better?
Mar 27, 2017 11:11 AM

Dec 2016
I agree! I love cycling Anime a little too much...

Last season we had Long Riders, and this season we had Yowamushi Pedal and Minami Kamakura High School Girls Cycling Club. So I've been a little spoiled!

Going into spring 2017, there hasn't been anything that has really grabbed my attention yet. But I guess I can finally go out and do some real cycling to make up for it.

+ Gintama was amazing.
Mar 27, 2017 7:35 PM
Dec 2013
It hasn't been a bad season, but the shows weren't as good compared to others seasons top shows. This season was filled of decent shows while others seasons were filled of crap and a few VERY good shows.
CryptodessMar 27, 2017 7:50 PM
Mar 27, 2017 7:42 PM

Oct 2014
Lordwen said:
Hoppy said:
It's just an average season.

Spring is desolate and Summer may be the best since 2011.
Agree on spring but how is exactly Summer supposed to be any better?

because it has lots of sequels to famous titles that will probably end up disapointing everybody but who cares?
Mar 27, 2017 8:29 PM

Jan 2014
it was an alright season

3 Gatsu no lion
Youjo Senki
Demi Chan
Kobyashi

were all really good shows for this season, rest is either meh or bad.

Spring season looks amazing, and will most likely be the best for 2017.
Mar 27, 2017 10:50 PM
Nov 2016
Eh it was alright I guess. The only show that I overly enjoyed was Konosuba 2.

Mar 28, 2017 9:37 AM

Oct 2016
The only anime I finished from last season was Konosuba. I sampled some of the others and was unimpressed. Kinda wish I tried Kobayashi.
Mar 28, 2017 9:49 AM

Aug 2016
It wasn't for me. Just a decent season.

Bunch of 6 or 7's.
Mar 28, 2017 9:58 AM

Jun 2011
The good shows were sequels. the bad shows... pretty much everything else. Granted. I watching Seiren and Bang Dream and yeah they are fine. But. lol. I don't think they are going to be timeless classics. Just something you watch between everything else.

We had a really good year last year (well I did for sure watching almost 20 anime a season is rare for me.). This year is the year of sequels I think. That is cool. I am good with that.

Gives me more time to work on classic anime I want to finish.
Energetic-NovaMar 28, 2017 10:02 AM
The anime community in a nutshell.
Mar 28, 2017 11:30 AM

Jan 2011
Best winter season ever? Definitely
But Fall 2014 still my personal favorite
Mar 28, 2017 11:34 AM
May 2011
3gatsu and ACCA were the only things I was watching. Nothing else really appealed to me at all.
Mar 28, 2017 1:59 PM

Jul 2009
3-gatsu no Lion
Gintama
Rakugo S2
Maid Dragon
Interviews With Monster Girls

Completely agree
Mar 28, 2017 4:23 PM

Apr 2016
Other than 3-gatsu, I came into this season thinking it would be one of the worst seasons ever.

Surprisingly, ACCA and Demi chan won their way into my heart; along with a few other decent shows in Maid Dragon, Konosuba 2 and Youjo Senki. On the whole though, I would say it's been a fairly average season - some stinkers, some watchable series. Certainly not the "best season everrrr!" or "worst season blechhh"
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Who is the most overrated villain in anime?

The-Wombat - 30 minutes ago

3 by shyam_patel »»
2 minutes ago

» Ever thought an anime was a MASTERPIECE, then changed your mind? Or vice versa?

Rhae - 2 minutes ago

0 by Rhae »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you have a prejudice against people who watch ecchi/hentai? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - May 9

73 by LoveYourSmile »»
4 minutes ago

» Will we get more anime's that reflect "Stoner Comedy"?

GoatPieceLuffy - 6 hours ago

24 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
7 minutes ago

» Are anime getting worse and worse ?

Shomix - 2 hours ago

9 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.