Forum Settings
Forums

This has been the best season for anime I can remember

New
Mar 25, 2017 5:56 PM

Sep 2016
I've never stuck with so many of the seasonal offerings before. There are just so many good shows and they're all ending ;( Favorites were Konosuba 2, Youjo Senki, Kuzu no Honkai, Kobayashi-san-chi no Maid Dragon, Demi-chan wa Kataritai, Gabriel Dropout, Onihei, and All Out!! Still need to watch Rakugo. The romcoms were disappointing though.

What do you think?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 25, 2017 5:58 PM

Feb 2016
I only watched Bkue Exorcit and Masamune's revenge. I was also watching Youjo Senki, but I put it on hold until it finished airing. There's a few others that I plan to watch. Gonna watch them next season so I can let all the shows I want to watch from then pile up a couple of episodes.
Mar 25, 2017 6:02 PM

Jun 2014
It was super bipolar. 3-gatsu, Rakugo, Kuzu no Honaki, and Konosuba were incredible.

Hand Shakers, Fuuka, Akiba's Trip, Masamune-kun, One Room, etc.? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
TEN COMMANDMENTS:
1) If Evangelion and Psycho-Pass are his only 10s, he probably also worships Tool and smells like cheesy puffs 2) Freudian psychosis =/= good writing 3) Moe blob art style is only ok in pure slice-of-life comedy 4) It's ok to enjoy shounen. Having fun is allowed 5) It is not ok to enjoy isekai (jk, it is, I just fucking hate it) 6) Creator breakdown =/= good writing 7) A story does not have to be wrapped up with a bow. Life is messy, why would a good story need to be tidy? 8) InuYasha is proto-Twilight 9) Ecchi CAN be good, but is almost always an abomination 10) If God is real, They allowed Super Kid to happen, so fuck Them
Mar 25, 2017 6:05 PM

Sep 2016
bastard_of_young said:
It was super bipolar. 3-gatsu, Rakugo, Kuzu no Honaki, and Konosuba were incredible.

Hand Shakers, Fuuka, Akiba's Trip, Masamune-kun, One Room, etc.? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I get what you mean about the sub-par ones. I couldn't get through Fuuka, Masamune-kun, or Seiren. Stayed away from Hand Shakers and One Room.
Mar 25, 2017 6:08 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Urara Meirochou, Dragon Maid, Youjo Senki, Demi-Chan and Konosuba offset the disappointment that was Masamune-kun, so I think it's a great season myself. One bad egg didn't ruin the bunch.

I need to catch up on Seiren and Akiba's Trip still, but I'm finding them much better than people are giving them credit for ._.

Mar 25, 2017 6:11 PM

Sep 2016
Manaban said:
Urara Meirochou, Dragon Maid, Youjo Senki and Konosuba offset the disappointment that was Masamune-kun, so I think it's a great season myself. One bad egg didn't ruin the bunch.

I need to catch up on Seiren and Akiba's Trip still, but I'm finding them much better than people are giving them credit for ._.

Have no idea about Akiba's trip, but Seiren wasn't terrible, I just dropped it because the character interactions didn't feel natural and I didn't care about them.
Mar 25, 2017 6:13 PM

Nov 2008
It's just an average season.

Spring is desolate and Summer may be the best since 2011.

Mar 25, 2017 6:19 PM

Mar 2016
brandewijn said:
Still need to watch Rakugo.
YES!!! GO WATCH IT YOU WON'T REGRET IT I SWEAR--

*cleans throat*
Fanboying aside, this season is pretty amazing in it's own way. I mean, we have a masterpiece and a monstrosity at the same time haha. Yup, it's super bipolar like @bastard_of_young said
No seriously.
Mar 25, 2017 6:20 PM

Jun 2015
nah. the only great non-sequel was acca imo.
Mar 25, 2017 6:30 PM

Sep 2016
la-la-tina-land said:
brandewijn said:
Still need to watch Rakugo.
YES!!! GO WATCH IT YOU WON'T REGRET IT I SWEAR--

Okay okay! After I finish 3-gatsu :p
Mar 25, 2017 6:30 PM
Jul 2018
Brb said:

I like how you can make such a statement without having seen many of the anime that aired. You crossed the apparent line between bold and stupid. Unless, of course, you don't update your list?
Mar 25, 2017 6:32 PM

Nov 2016
Nothing too special started airing this season.
3-gatsu and Kuzu no Honkai are my first pick , followed by Yowamushi and Konosuba.
Seiren and Gabriel DropOut were on the good side of ok.
Ao no Exorcist, Masamune-kun no Revenge rather meh and Fuuka was shit.
The Spring season looks more promising. (at least I hope so)

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 25, 2017 6:35 PM

Jun 2015
Senpaoi said:
Brb said:

I like how you can make such a statement without having seen many of the anime that aired. You crossed the apparent line between bold and stupid. Unless, of course, you don't update your list?

Because I'm obviooooously not watching ACCA yet I referred to it as a great show this season.
Mar 25, 2017 6:39 PM

Oct 2016
rakugo was really good, but everything else kinda sucked. poop
Mar 25, 2017 6:39 PM

Sep 2016
sakamoto-kun said:
Fuuka was shit.
I thought there would be some likable characters or something, but it just got cringier and cringier with each passing episode.
Mar 25, 2017 6:42 PM

Mar 2017
Hoppy said:
Summer may be the best since 2011.
Can you explain what's this hype for Summer? All I see are some generic manga and LN adaptations.
Mar 25, 2017 6:44 PM

Nov 2016
It didn't start that bad, but the last two episodes were too painful to watch.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 25, 2017 6:47 PM

Sep 2015
looks like the same shit to me

must reach 30
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Mar 25, 2017 7:02 PM
Jul 2018
Brb said:
Senpaoi said:

Because I'm obviooooously not watching ACCA yet I referred to it as a great show this season.

You think I would call a statement about a show you're watching bold? Use your head, or are you unable to read your whole post?
Mar 25, 2017 8:03 PM

Feb 2010
Is your short-term memory alright?
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 25, 2017 8:30 PM

Feb 2015
RomComs? Like Seiren?

Why?!

Amagami SS is a good series. Therefore, Seiren is good!

I'll wait for Rewrite S2...

Ehhh.. yeah the loli series this seasonal seems fappable...
Mar 25, 2017 8:31 PM
Jul 2018
Tbh not even the best season in my honest opinion, but it was at least better than Winter 2016, that's pretty sure for me (I don't have to say why... just look at my scores for some shows from the season and you'll see why xD)
Mar 25, 2017 8:35 PM

May 2014
I don't know about the best, but there were some pretty good shows this season.
Mar 25, 2017 8:36 PM
Jul 2018
tfw you've not watched anything from this season yet
Mar 25, 2017 9:01 PM
Jun 2015
Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju and march comes the lion are the best shows 2016-2017 of this season and probably carry the entire year 2017. Some of the other shows are good to decent but those two shows are a in a different league from the rest of the shows.
Mar 25, 2017 9:04 PM
Feb 2016
Putting sequels aside, this season was fucking shit.
Mar 25, 2017 9:10 PM

Jun 2015
John_2001 said:
Hoppy said:
Summer may be the best since 2011.
Can you explain what's this hype for Summer? All I see are some generic manga and LN adaptations.

Well there is Ballroom e Youkoso. That shit is gonna be good. There are new Monogatari and Fate seasons people like those.
:)
Mar 25, 2017 9:43 PM

Oct 2015
ehhh im too lazy to look at your list in depth

but yea yolo ima be that douche
you dropped
BHA
death note
fmab
kekkai
kill la kill
lwa
monster
monogatari
eva
nhk
ping pong
rakugo
and gurren lagann

you wouldnt know what is a good season even if it hits you in the ball sack
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Mar 25, 2017 10:37 PM

Apr 2014
_Ako_ said:
RomComs? Like Seiren?

Why?!

Seiren is a complete garbage compared to Amagami.
Boring character boring plot and boring fanservice.
It's an insult to Amagami when people compare the two.
Mar 25, 2017 10:44 PM

Feb 2015
tr1ckst3r said:
_Ako_ said:
RomComs? Like Seiren?

Why?!

Seiren is a complete garbage compared to Amagami.
Boring character boring plot and boring fanservice.
It's an insult to Amagami when people compare the two.

Ehhh... I'd agree with the fact that the fanservice is quite forced. But, don't worry, the last arc will save it... xD

I hope so... xD
Mar 25, 2017 11:37 PM

Jun 2015
Senpaoi said:
Brb said:

You think I would call a statement about a show you're watching bold? Use your head, or are you unable to read your whole post?

You called out on me for "claiming" stuff because I did not watch the majority of the shows this season. Yet if you actually thought to bother, you'd notice I have no seasonals in my currently watching, finished or on hold, hence the sarcastic response.

Apparently not only do you lack the attention span to check on your claims, but you clearly can't detect sarcasm that is blatantly emphasized.

Pretty ironic for someone who tells people to "use their head".
Mar 25, 2017 11:55 PM
Jul 2018
Brb said:
Senpaoi said:

You called out on me for "claiming" stuff because I did not watch the majority of the shows this season. Yet if you actually thought to bother, you'd notice I have no seasonals in my currently watching, finished or on hold, hence the sarcastic response.

Apparently not only do you lack the attention span to check on your claims, but you clearly can't detect sarcasm that is blatantly emphasized.

I think most people on these forums know better than to use sarcasm online? And you've not updated your list since February, there were more than a few possibilities. Lastly, why WOULD you even be sarcastic about ACCA being the best? Some people actually think it is...
Mar 26, 2017 12:06 AM

Jun 2015
Senpaoi said:
Brb said:

I think most people on these forums know better than to use sarcasm online? And you've not updated your list since February, there were more than a few possibilities. Lastly, why WOULD you even be sarcastic about ACCA being the best? Some people actually think it is...

? The sarcasm was for this part

PS. Are you drunk or did you just wake up because your thought patterns are totally out of the left field.

And kek about the update history, how did that lead into "not watching most of the shows this season".
Mar 26, 2017 12:07 AM

Jan 2015
Next season says hello. Aot, berserk. shingeki no bahamut, danmachi, and a lot more
Mar 26, 2017 3:27 AM

Feb 2016
Ive never stuck with so few seasonal offerings. This was the shittiest season I can remember.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Mar 26, 2017 3:47 AM

Aug 2015
How far back are you remembering? Less than a year perhaps?
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
Mar 26, 2017 3:50 AM

Sep 2016
classic another post with listing all slice of life, cgdct moe anime but didn't mention URARA MEIROCHO smh

shit taste, SAD
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 26, 2017 3:55 AM

Jul 2015
A part from Dragon loli anime everything is shit
Mar 26, 2017 4:57 AM
Jul 2016
No one in this thread has bothered to mention the AOTY, shame on all of you.
Mar 26, 2017 7:47 AM
Jul 2018
its the worst season since i started watching anime :p
Mar 26, 2017 8:20 AM

Oct 2014
having 3-gatsu no lyon and shouwa genroku in the same would automatically put the season as one of the best and i only will not give it more praise because i found some other season like fall of 2016 to have a bigger variety of great titles
Mar 26, 2017 8:23 AM

Sep 2012
KonoSuba abd Youjo Senki were god tier of this season for me.

Other than those it was pretty average.
Mar 26, 2017 8:23 AM

Feb 2016
gabrielrroiz said:
having 3-gatsu no lyon and shouwa genroku in the same would automatically put the season as one of the best and i only will not give it more praise because i found some other season like fall of 2016 to have a bigger variety of great titles

Yes its a pretty polarizing season as someone said earlier. I sadly dont think the quality of these 2 and Gintama/Konosuba outweigh the big pile of shit which is the rest.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

Mar 26, 2017 8:24 AM

Apr 2014
Mines was spring14 but I definitely see a lot of high scoring shows that I might check out
Youjo Senki and maybe this kobayashi or whatever may be promising enough for me :]
Mar 26, 2017 8:26 AM
Jul 2016
HamburgerSpike said:
gabrielrroiz said:

Yes its a pretty polarizing season as someone said earlier. I sadly dont think the quality of these 2 and Gintama/Konosuba outweigh the big pile of shit which is the rest.

You liked 3-gatsu, but thought you found SOL shows to be boring.
Mar 26, 2017 8:28 AM

Feb 2016
Murozaki said:
HamburgerSpike said:

You liked 3-gatsu, but thought you found SOL shows to be boring.

Boring SoLs which are the majority are boring. Most of the good SoLs also have the drama which is also my favorite part of Sangatsu. Most of the cast are also adults which is another trait often present in good SoLs.

Mar 26, 2017 8:30 AM

Nov 2014
Strange season, the only shows where my expectation resembled reality, aside from sequels and leftovers from the previous (Konosuba and 3-gatsu no lion), was Hand Shakers. I just watched it knowing it would be bad.

Quite a lot of shows I expected to be ok or at least decent turn out to be a flop. Masamune no Revenge is horrible, even by generic rom com standards. Seiren was presented in such a dull way. Fuuka was very forgettable.

Kuzu no Honkai was still ok, but the novelty swept past within the first few episodes. By then I was begging for at least 1 or 2 normal decent human beings, it started to feel unrealistic that everyone was a scum. It would have been that much better if it was the main cast of characters but with a backdrop of mostly normal highschool students. First line of the synopsis "To the outside world, Hanabi Yasuraoka and Mugi Awaya are the perfect couple." gave me that hope that the show would be more down-to-earth. The "everyone is a scumbag" felt somewhat forced once you are able to look past the novelty of the premise.

Had my doubts on Demi-chan and Gabriel Dropout. Didn't turn out too bad, but nothing stand out. Picked up Youjo Senki for no apparent reason, didn't turn out too bad, while the plot and the side cast are not standout, I like the close-up facial expressions.
BurningSpiritMar 26, 2017 8:43 AM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Mar 26, 2017 8:43 AM

Oct 2014
HamburgerSpike said:
gabrielrroiz said:

i usually only value a season based on its highlights you will never see me going out of my way to watch some terrible airing shows and in the act i do i will drop them very soon
and even the rest of the stuff like konosuba onihei lwa are mediocre but pretty watchble and entertaining(with the exception of ao no exorcist fuck that shit)
Mar 26, 2017 8:51 AM

Feb 2016
gabrielrroiz said:
HamburgerSpike said:

i usually only value a season based on its highlights you will never see me going out of my way to watch some terrible airing shows and in the act i do i will drop them very soon
and even the rest of the stuff like konosuba onihei lwa are mediocre but pretty watchble and entertaining(with the exception of ao no exorcist fuck that shit)

Okay then, I get what you mean. I just considered the number of anime I picked up or even considered to try and its pretty low compared to the whole last year. I didnt mean the shows you mentioned were bad but thats really all for mediocre ones.

Mar 26, 2017 9:02 AM

Mar 2010
I'm glad you people like it, but this season didn't have a single show for me.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

42 by Serafos »»
20 seconds ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - Yesterday

27 by Horshu »»
1 minute ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 8 hours ago

39 by Horshu »»
2 minutes ago

» Have you ever refused to watch an anime because of its toxic fanbase?

Alpha_1_Zero - 7 minutes ago

2 by Horshu »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 9 hours ago

38 by MichaelJackson »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.