Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 2, 2017 7:25 PM

Dec 2016
Any Christmas episode is a good episode imo
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 6, 2017 3:36 PM
Mar 2016
What was in the Box!?
May 6, 2017 3:37 PM
Mar 2016
Wolf_Ronin said:
What is up with Tohru's hate towards God? XD is it because she is a chaos-dragon and thus opposed to the foreces of good (like the dragons of harmony)... Oh! and in case you're wondering what the heck I'm talking about: Tohru says sha "I hate to celebrate the birthday of that guy" about christmas XD
They changed that in the dub
May 10, 2017 12:18 PM

Sep 2014
The play was very funny and random. I don't think the dragons understood the story, but it's nice to see something different. (They even thought the grandma killed the girl in the original. lmao) The whole fairy+mahou shoujo thing was so silly and over the top! xD But looks like the elders enjoyed it, which is the most important thing. Fafnir refusing to bow in front of the "inferior humans" when the play was over was a nice detail in order to maintain his persona.
I liked how Tohru and Kanna made a new chimney and put lights on it so Santa could find them.
The party after the play looked very entertaining and comfy. Kobayashi and Tohru had a nice time flying together, too. (Maybe Kobayashi drank too much beer and that's why she wanted to fly? Hyped Tohru after getting the scarf was too fast for her, though.)
That final scene. lol Cracking wooden floors are the sneaking people's number 1 enemy, I know it from my own experience! xD Kanna spent more than 2 hours on full alert while Kobayashi hid next to the bed... poor woman. xD

Omg everything makes sense now! This can't be a coincidence. So awesome!
LhasApsMay 10, 2017 12:21 PM
May 10, 2017 5:10 PM

Mar 2016
Crashmatt said:
Why does Takiya sometimes have those daft glasses and goofy teath and then other times he looks normal, im confused it's been bugging me all series!

I interpret it as his nerd-chibi form. It's just a visual joke.
-- Rich
May 10, 2017 8:51 PM

Dec 2012
LMAO at Tohru saying it pains her to celebrate the birth of that guys son.
Lucoa oppai.
Elma oppai.
Kanna so cute jumping up.
LMAO at Fafnir.
LMAO at grandmother saying Shine.
Dat Elma booty.
Dat Lucoa oppai bounce.
LMAO at Kanna just saying Matches.
LMAO at Fafnir changing the plot to Mahou Shoujo.
Kanna legs.
lol at Tohru thinking Santa is covered in blood.
LMAO at Tohru responding to Elma.
Dat Lucoa body. LAWD!
Dat Elma oppai bounce.
Dat new Lucoa outfit. LAWD!
LMAO at Fafnir describing the use of Mahou Shoujo.
LMAO at the signs outside the apartment.
LMAO at Kobayashi and Takiya being in sync after Shouta's reason for being a Mahou Shoujo.
DAT LUCOA OPPAI BOUNCE! LAWD!
LMAO at the old people nodding their heads.
LMAO at the old dude saying is this CGI.
Shouta you lucky fock.
LMAO at whats in the box.
LMAO at the ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 28, 2017 12:54 AM

Mar 2015
That play was as random as it was hilarious
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 20, 2017 9:14 PM

Jul 2014
I'm so happy that Tohru is a euphoric atheist like me. *tips fedora*
Jun 23, 2017 2:57 PM

May 2010
Honestly this might be my favourite episode so far, I was constantly laughing my ass out during the play, I love ridiculous stuff like that <3 Random moments with Kanna are always pure gold, too bad they don't use comedy like that more often.
Jun 25, 2017 12:13 AM

May 2015
Based on a true story.
Nice CGI, but they should have played FFA :(
Jul 13, 2017 11:28 AM

Apr 2015
The good vibe reached its zenith here right
Jul 23, 2017 6:35 AM

Jun 2012
What a great bizarre christmas play, and I'm happy to see Tohru with her long hair simply laid down.
Aug 5, 2017 3:46 PM

Mar 2013
Boy I had so much fun with this episode! The play was so funny and fun to watch, especially because they changed most of The Little Match Girl story to their own accord. Top tier adaptation, disney who???? Fafnir wasn't so bad of an actor after all, wish he could get more screen time. Also, I relate to Saikawa so much.
Aug 8, 2017 8:34 PM

May 2013
Selfhood said:
Psycho grandma

Man covered in blood

THIS WAS HILARIOUS LMFAOOOOOO XDDD

Also Fafnir = Rita xD

Aug 9, 2017 5:52 AM
Jul 2015
Nice episode, Fáfnir xD
Aug 24, 2017 12:14 PM

Jul 2017
Kobayashi giving Tohru and Kanna gifts was precious
Aug 29, 2017 3:58 PM

Oct 2016
was such a great episode. Nice idea of bringing in a new theme that let's the characters put in their comedy. Like their naive thinking about Santa Claus. Also, nice small detail with Kanna poking and patting peoples heads.

As for the play, it's actually a brilliant idea. It really let's the characters fulfill their comedic potential, and it's a great way to ridicule all the cliches (that i am personally so tired of) so it was a huge bonus for me

6/5
Sep 25, 2017 7:53 AM

Feb 2013
That play was amazing.
I would buy all the matches from Kanna-chan.
Lol, she was really eager to see Santa.
Nov 10, 2017 9:18 AM

Jan 2017
CGI CGI!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAAAHHA I laughed so much at that play i can't believe it. Awesome episode, lovely play i enjoyed all the turns so much xDD
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Nov 27, 2017 6:51 PM

Jun 2014
The Straussian reading: if old people watched anime, they would love it.
Jan 23, 2018 6:58 PM

Dec 2017
* Christmas is a cute theme.

* Everyone's new holiday costumes are so adorable! ♥

* It feels nice to have all the dragons in the same episode.

* I'm so glad that Faf was in the play.

* Everyone getting together and enjoying themselves.

* More Dragon-Tohru is a dream too!

* Tohru getting more affection (and a cute scarf) from Kobayashi ♥

Mar 4, 2018 11:37 PM

Apr 2014
My favorite episode thus far!

-The audition and rehearsal scenes were hilarious throughout and each character received spotlight in the episode that allowed them to really showcase their eccentricities and added to their endearment. As for that play, I don't know what the fuck I just watched but it was fucking awesome.

-D'aww, Kanna waiting for Santa Claus and Kobayashi failing XD

-Kobayashi and Tohru exchanging gifts :D
Mar 19, 2018 1:32 PM

Mar 2016
The first thing that came into my mind when Shota was introduced a few episodes ago was: 'He'll be a great subject for cute girly outfits (Basically a trap) because of his appearance!' And now that happened XD

You know that Fafnir is already very influenced by the 'modern cultures'(?) at this point when he starts to talk about magical girls and Virtual Reality, First Frame Shotter, Free For All...

This episode surpassed last one. More main-side characters are interacting together and Fafnir is even here! more hilarious and adorable moments so yeah... Nice
Apr 13, 2018 4:32 PM

Sep 2013
Best part was Tohru hanging up on Fafnir

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Sep 30, 2018 6:26 AM

Sep 2018
The part of the episode regarding the recitation, it was very funny, as well as what happens during the preparations. Less melancholy than the narration, the episode still knows how to give tender and sweet moments.
Oct 27, 2018 8:59 PM

Jul 2013
That play was marvelous lol. And look at how Japan treats their old people, now wonder they have a very high life expectancy.
Nov 16, 2018 1:12 PM

Apr 2013
That play was amazing, so funny. And Lucoa's outfits this episode were so hot :3
Dec 3, 2018 6:07 AM

May 2018
the play was freaking hilarious lol, that's some nice "special effects"
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Jan 4, 2019 12:04 PM

Nov 2016
Favorite episode yet, the atmosphere was so nice.

And the last part with Kanna, tho xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 11, 2019 2:07 AM

Dec 2012
That play is actually good

Feb 10, 2019 12:38 AM

Jun 2015
kanna really wants her gifts from santa
Oct 20, 2019 9:20 AM

Mar 2018
I love this show. This was so utterly adorable. Kanna waiting for Santa really made me smile and the play was hilarious and so typical for the dragons but hey it is the thought that counts.
May 13, 2020 10:28 PM
Oct 2018
What’s in the box
Jul 7, 2020 5:54 AM

Mar 2020
i wanna hug kanna so bad
Sep 5, 2020 2:31 PM

May 2009
Is it bad that I felt anxious about the play in the same way that Kobayashi did? hahahaha
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Nov 1, 2020 3:15 AM
May 2020
OMG best funny anime episode over ALL for a long time. どうもありがとう!!! <3
Nov 15, 2020 7:30 AM

Jul 2020
funniest episode yet
Jan 10, 2021 6:48 AM

Feb 2020
This was such a cute episode! I loved seeing them work together to put on a play. Fafnir is so monotone, it's funny. His voice is great though. Maybe I just like Daisuke Ono's work too much...

Overall good episode, Christmas was a few weeks ago so it's more or less fitting.

May 3, 2021 6:08 AM

Jun 2019
This has to be the cutest play I've ever seen. Gimme Matches, Kanna chan.
Jun 26, 2021 12:51 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Loved the first 5 episodes to death. Since then though, it hasn't really been doing it for me. It's been feeling rather bland imo. It's still alright though, maybe it's just me with the feeling of novelty wearing off too soon. Who knows. I hope these remaining episodes do it better for myself

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 4, 2021 10:45 AM
Oct 2019
What an Amazing Performance...
They mixed so many different story lol

Mahou Shoujo Kanna is the best one.

The Old people said : is this CG? Lmao
Jul 8, 2021 4:05 AM

Oct 2016
That was such a great and wholesome episode, that play was awesome lmao. I didn't know about that little match girl story until now, that's kinda dark, did she keep lighting the matchstick until it burned herself and then passed away, damn. The dragon's play started off accurately and then umbrella Shota appeared and it's free real estate from there.

Them seniors really called it cgi lmao, they're a little confused, but they got the spirit. The gag with Kanna waiting for Santa was so cute.
Aug 12, 2021 9:51 PM

Jan 2021
Hey! Shouta Actually kinda of looks like a girl with that girly outfit! Fits so well Lol!
And I found it adorable on how kanna was waiting for Santa
May 27, 2022 8:51 AM

Feb 2020
That was a wonderful Christmas play. The elders loved every second of it. :)

Aww, that headpat. :3

Shouta as a Little Match Girl was adorable, hehe.

Well, I still liked Kanna's version better. I'm sure Riko agrees with me. x3

Lucoa being a sexy dynamite again. <3

Mahou Shoujo Kanna. <3

Kanna and Riko were so cute on stage. ^^

Kanna riding on Riko's back was hilarious. Riko's reaction was pretty expected. x3
May 29, 2022 11:37 AM
Nov 2020
I laughed so hard seriously they thought its cgi?😭
Dec 20, 2022 9:09 AM

Aug 2022
This time the whole group of dragons gather to put on a play for a retirement home. The play becomes a mish-mash of a variety of themes and Miss Kobayashi appears with a hint of anxiety ... hilarity ensues again.

Another great episode with all the dragons working together. Seeing how all their personalities mesh is rather fun to watch.
Jan 17, 2023 10:46 PM
Sep 2020
Cute ep ! >u<

Even tho the holiday season already passed, I still really enjoyed the festive vibes and spirits sm ^^. I'm curious what was in the box Tohru gave Ms. Kobayashi but I guess we'll never know lol. Overall, a really cute and wholesome ep (ㅅ´ ˘ `)⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ᨐᵉᵒʷ ⋆˙⟡ ✿
Nov 18, 2023 7:32 PM

Mar 2022
How appropriate that I watch a Christmas episode for this show and it’s closing in that time of year for me, anyways the gang is working on a play for the elderly in the retirement home and my god was it the funniest thing ever. First it started off as The Little Matchgirl, okay something traditional kind of a sad tale at that penned by the same man who wrote The Little Mermaid, Hans Anderson Christensen but because it’s Tohru and the rest of the dragons, they end up making it bonkers as a result and it just kept on derailing and deviating from the point of the whole story from having a bit from The 47 Ronin, with Magical Girls being a focus as well as Lucoa basically showing up as the Magic Fairy that it’s just fun to watch.

I like how they were struggling to make it entertaining because no matter how you look at it, The Little Match Girl is pretty much a bleak fairytale in and out of universe and I don’t blame them for adding all those things in there because otherwise it would’ve been a completely different experience for the old people watching in particular. And it doesn’t really matter because the elders end up liking it anyway which is the main thing. I laughed at the one old guy just thinking that there was CGI in the play. XD

And oh Kanna truly is innocent with all the Santa Claus. To the point that Tohru gave her a chimney in her room so that he could deliver her presents. Poor Kobayashi at the end though, I wonder how long she had to stay hidden to avoid being caught by Kanna to just lay down her present to her. XD
Dec 9, 2023 8:24 AM

Nov 2023
Lmao that trap by tje ara ara dragon
Mar 31, 7:40 AM

Jun 2021
daaaamn, Elma got burned hard by Tohru in the opening minutes.

Too bad it is a c-word winter holiday season episode and they chose to adapt such a depressing story. At least, it happened earlier than expected so it's already out of the picture, and some fun came out of it, all the characters sucked at acting at the audition for their own reasons and i was almost thinking that Shouta of all people would have landed the role.

Oh, well, it turned out as a already seen trope of a "absurd stage play that still entertained the audience somehow" (Inuyasha remembers, also Zombieland Saga even if it was a musical performance in the latter example)

Yeah, a gift by Tohru was a little too suspect. But the fact they spent some time flying in the air was nice, and also Kobayashi having a gift herself in exchange.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2017

189 by MoonlightVT »»
Apr 12, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2017

315 by _untitled »»
Apr 7, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2017

131 by _untitled »»
Apr 2, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2017

113 by _untitled »»
Apr 1, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2017

172 by _untitled »»
Mar 30, 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.