Forum Settings
Forums

Digibro 2017 - "I am the greatest anime youtuber, if you don't think so, fuck you."

New
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 14, 2017 5:41 PM

Sep 2014
CapitalistGod said:
Elegade said:

I can't? Well, I better go to Lacy Green's channel and apoligize for telling her she cant make decent content cause she's passionate about killing off white males.

Offering a bad analogy is not an argument. Well, I guess that's to be expected from people who find it cool to call a group of different people with different kind of content and tastes trash for no reason at all...

No that analogy was perfect. My main point was the just because you're passionate about something, doesn't mean that the content you produce is good. Obviously a lot of people will say I'm just hating blindly for the shit and giggles, but if you take a look at the cesspool of anime youtubers in general, regardless of sub count, years of experience, years on Youtube, or "passion" they have for anime, they're all bad. To start off, picking anime as your basis to make videos is already sad as hell. Secondly, what kind of entertainment can they give me? If I wanted to watch a grown man rant about anime he liked or didn't like, I'd go to a local community college, sit with the Eugenes, and tell the SAO was the greatest creation of mankind.
Mar 14, 2017 5:45 PM
May 2015
fuck digibro and all his moe stuff. he's fucking cancer
CapucciniMar 14, 2017 6:15 PM
Mar 14, 2017 5:52 PM

Mar 2016
While I will say I watch Mothers Basement for anime OP videos, honestly anime youtubers just suck in general to me. They're either 30 year olds who make videos ranting about how X anime is awful or are very similar to pewdiepie.

Mar 14, 2017 5:54 PM

Jan 2016
Elegade said:
CapitalistGod said:

Offering a bad analogy is not an argument. Well, I guess that's to be expected from people who find it cool to call a group of different people with different kind of content and tastes trash for no reason at all...

No that analogy was perfect. My main point was the just because you're passionate about something, doesn't mean that the content you produce is good. Obviously a lot of people will say I'm just hating blindly for the shit and giggles, but if you take a look at the cesspool of anime youtubers in general, regardless of sub count, years of experience, years on Youtube, or "passion" they have for anime, they're all bad. To start off, picking anime as your basis to make videos is already sad as hell. Secondly, what kind of entertainment can they give me? If I wanted to watch a grown man rant about anime he liked or didn't like, I'd go to a local community college, sit with the Eugenes, and tell the SAO was the greatest creation of mankind.

I'll just ignore that nonsense in the first part and go straight and ask... why do you think it's sad to pick anime as basis for videos? Regardless of your perceived quality of their content... they are just passionate about anime(compared to hating on men like your shitty analogy implied, it's normal). That's just something people with shitty personalities do.
Mar 14, 2017 6:07 PM

Feb 2016
I like the confidence. He should think that way. Fuck being humble.

P.S. I don't watch anime youtubers
Mar 14, 2017 6:16 PM

Feb 2015
Deknijff said:
looks like we have a response video you guys

So wait... He shitpost them because the dude shitposted on SAO: Movie?

Well I think I can see his motive....
Mar 14, 2017 6:31 PM

Sep 2014
CapitalistGod said:
Elegade said:

I'll just ignore that nonsense in the first part and go straight and ask... why do you think it's sad to pick anime as basis for videos? Regardless of your perceived quality of their content... they are just passionate about anime(compared to hating on men like your shitty analogy implied, it's normal). That's just something people with shitty personalities do.

The very first thing you said to me is that "they're just creating stuff they're passionate about" obviously I picked a more extreme case about killing cis white males scum for a passion since I am a feminist.... but enough of that, just tell me this. If you're passionate about something, would you be able to create something good? Passion will not guarantee you that your end product will be great or not. Otherwise all indie devs who say they're passionate about the games they create would not get shit on by the public. It is okay to be passionate about something, but all I am saying is that even if you are passionate about something, you're not always going to produce good content with it. End of discussion.

And what is wrong with picking anime as the basis for making videos? There is nothing wrong with it, I just think it's sad and I put it out there. But I do have some issues that. For instance, I told you about if I wanted to hear a grown man rant about anime, I'd go sit with the Eugenes at lunch. The second would be the complete bias and circle jerking of anime youtubers even on MAL. People would typically cling to someone that matches with their own opinions, I can even tell that sometimes the people that just dick ride anime youtubers can't formulate their own opinion because they're just going along with what their favorite youtuber says. This is an Anime and Youtube favoritism problem.
Mar 14, 2017 6:43 PM

Oct 2007
tohsakaa said:
And the abysmal respect most people had for digibro comes tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down.

You probably meant going up, because on these 4 pages of comments there aren't good arguments against what Digi said, kinda validates his point.

Most of this is just shitposting from people that don't even realize this isn't Digi's regular content.
Mar 14, 2017 6:47 PM
Jul 2018
Not sure if stupid, drunk, orrrr both
Mar 14, 2017 7:24 PM

Aug 2016
Well, I saw it as the confirmation that he's a sad man in a random world. Why wouldn't he consider himself the best at what he's proud of? I give no weight to this statement; I mean he was in a drunken rant already. Whatever.
Mar 14, 2017 7:35 PM

Feb 2016
belial said:
tohsakaa said:
And the abysmal respect most people had for digibro comes tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down.

You probably meant going up, because on these 4 pages of comments there aren't good arguments against what Digi said, kinda validates his point.

Most of this is just shitposting from people that don't even realize this isn't Digi's regular content.

Arguments to what? He literally calls half of these others guys 'unfunny', 'boring' and a 'dick' and thats where his arguments ends, like do I really need to denounce these shitty, vague and subjective statements? Then he goes on about some gaming channel which I dont care about. The only really good point he made was about videos wasting time by explaining their inspiration or w/e.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Mar 14, 2017 7:38 PM
Mar 2011
HamburgerSpike said:
belial said:

Arguments to what? He literally calls half of these others guys 'unfunny', 'boring' and a 'dick' and thats where his arguments ends, like do I really need to denounce these shitty, vague and subjective statements? Then he goes on about some gaming channel which I dont care about. The only really good point he made was about videos wasting time by explaining their inspiration or w/e.

this i agree with and calling people names is not a real tactic is it now he woul not win in a debate with them
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Mar 14, 2017 7:53 PM
Jan 2015
Funny how the whole video is him being a dick but he still complains about ThatAnimeSnob being one (which he is, yes, but it's not the point).

He made some valid points, sure; but the video itself is just pure hypocrisy. I guess that's what alcoholics do.
Mar 14, 2017 7:54 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009

Caved in. So I just watched the video, because I didn't want to talk about something I was just assuming about.

I think he has some opinions that other creators could learn from, but at the same time I just think his way of doing this is bad. He goes on about how people could just talk to him/shoot him a message instead of passively aggressively tweeting about him 'vaguely', but he could have done the same exact thing. He could have easily typed out what he felt others could improved on in a comment or a PM, but he decided to make a thirty-- NO REALLY-- THIRTY MINUTE video doing it instead.

While some of his points are good from a production stand point, I think some of his points are more of his own opinion. He wants some of these anime youtubers to change what has made them successful so far and makes them comfortable. I think he's just going to have to suck it up for a lot of his concerns. Digibro can't expect the anime youtuber 'community' to make videos exactly how he would like them, and I actually find it worrying that he's getting so angry about that not being the case.

Still, I went through/might possibly be going through similar phases in other communities (like the cosplay community) and it takes time to get over it.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Mar 14, 2017 7:59 PM

May 2016
There's an awful lotta butthurt in this thread. Digi's exactly right--99.9% of anime YouTube channels are terrible, just like Erased!

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Mar 14, 2017 8:29 PM

Jul 2014
Shino123123 said:
This is so werid to read. It's a mix of people obviously hating Digibro , obviously defending Digibro, obviously not giving a fuck about anything and not knowing why are they even here and a small sliver of people who actually try to have a discussion worth two cents. Some points I want to make:
- if you comment here without watching the vid only basing your opinion on the titles and what you saw in the post, chances are your comment is inadequate and wrong even to your own standards. In onther words, dont do that - just quietly skip over to the next thread maybe?
- if you throw shit on people providing their opinions and criticism on a video about providing criticism, then you may be doing something wrong. Pointing out details and facts somebody might have gotten wrong is perfectly fine and needed, but criticising the criticism of a video about criticising videos is just wrong;
- The last sentence is obviously not enough to base your opinion on while ignoring the rest of the vid - see point one;
- Shiting on digi is fun, and defending digi is fun, so if that is the reason you are here, do your thing. Fun is the ultimate goal of all of this;
- Calling every controvential vid that tries to point out flaws and at least partially construcitvely criticise some things (because there si some of that in there, like it or not) attention-whoring (is this how you spell it? duno) is plain stupid;
- This whole rant IS extremely pleasant to listen to;
- This whole rant IS full of shit and many points are as objective as childrens disscussing their favourite colours;
- this post is inconsistent and full of mistakes but fuck that I haven't slept in 20 hours and can't be bothered to edit it right now, hope I got whatever point I was trying to get across - well, across. Fell free to disagree, I'l probably reply once I wake up and can form cohesive arguments that make some semblance of sense.

+1. I like how obviously this is directed at certain individuals in this thread that it isn't even necessary to single them out. They know who they are ;)
Mar 14, 2017 8:42 PM
Jul 2018
Who cares? By the way, why go to youtube? Mal has got:

- rating system
- ranking system
- reviews as well

So why waste time watching such opinion ? reading saves our life time
Mar 14, 2017 8:48 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
codephat said:
Why is Digibro still relevant in 2017?

because theres still people who can't form their own opinions in 2017
Mar 14, 2017 9:00 PM

Jan 2016
His entire channel hinges on him being a dick, so why wouldn't he make this video?

I honestly liked the video. *shrugs* It's just Digibro being Digibro.
Mar 14, 2017 9:35 PM
Nov 2016
SUBSCRIBE TO MUMKEY JONES!!!!!!!!
Mar 14, 2017 10:40 PM

Aug 2016
MumkeyJones said:
SUBSCRIBE TO MUMKEY JONES!!!!!!!!
This random guy is totally right. You should subscribe to Mammary Johnson, he takes everything super seriously with tongue firmly in butt cheek.
Mar 14, 2017 10:44 PM
Jul 2018
-- I will just put and copy and past my thoughts here on the video since I already voiced it before --

The entire video was essentially pointless as hell in all honesty, not only that but the video itself is rather shit, and there are loads of reasons why it is like this.

Mainly because most of his complaints comes off as bullshit due to the fact that they don't meet with his standards of analysis and criticism. The first complaint about Digibro, which was more towards Gigguk's end and him explaining his bit with comedy shows is bullshit. Yes, you can argue that it is rather irrelevant to the entire point, but I can argue that Gigguk only did this point just to let his viewers know a bit more towards him and his experience with shows. It's not so far-fetch to do this direction to explain to your viewers you haven't laughed or smiled in a comedy series, that isn't bad.

Not to mention if he says that people do not get to the point, that's a bit more of a hypocrisy in itself for his end because in multiple occasions on his other channel he has done this. Not only that I have my fair share of dislikes with Digi and a reason why I dislike his content is because he doesn't get the point across either. Or adding any sort of spice to the video itself.

The complaint of RCAnime sounding obnoxious comes off as rather rude to say the least. Because yeah, that's how he talks like, and that's how he usually talks on his content. I don't find his videos obnoxious compared to Snob's where he literally sounds like a manchild talking shit. If you want to give him proper criticism on his voice, do not come off as saying his voice is rather obnoxious.

As for the Canipa point, This is the only point I agree with. Why? If either Canipa was doing this indirectly towards him complaining about A-1 and such, and his vendetta, and Digi got pissed at it, then yeah they should communicate on discord or twitter private messages. It's not that hard, unless Canipa ignores him.

Mother's Basement is just as bad compared to Digibro considering Jeff (as he mentioned his name here) milks and doesn't really do anything well to maintain entertainment value or attention in my opinion (I usually stop watching his videos and dropped them three times or more due to how boring they are, and they aren't bad in that sense I just mean more they're not my interest), but he thinks nobody would give a lot of shit for an example of one of his videos, Naruto for example. I can't really say much regarding on him copying Digibro, but I call that bullshit.

Lastly the point of the video got nowhere mostly. It's just him venting on other people, with shit points most of the time, rubbing his own ego even (because yeah it feels like Digibro was rubbing his ego on the face of his viewers), hypocrisy, and it's rather pointless.

Yes you can argue that it's in his other channel which doesn't matter much, but even then these type of stuff are rather pointless even by those standards, especially if you are realizing you are getting so much shit in the end, which some of the comments in the comment section tells that.

These are my two cents on the matter of this video.
Mar 14, 2017 10:50 PM

Apr 2015
If you dislike or find Digibro annoying, then just don't watch his videos or add to his view count.

On a more serious matter, is the title quote grammatically incorrect?

"I am the greatest anime youtuber, if you don't think so, fuck you." should be "I am the greatest anime YouTuber. If you don't think so, fuck you." or some other variation.
Mar 14, 2017 11:00 PM

Aug 2008
The more people keep posing about other youtubers, the more you advertised them helping them gather views. Why does MAL care so much about youtube anime reviewer.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 14, 2017 11:06 PM

Jun 2014
Zapredon said:
The more people keep posing about other youtubers, the more you advertised them helping them gather views. Why does MAL care so much about youtube anime reviewer.
Because they are salty and their tears are delicious.
Mar 14, 2017 11:08 PM
Apr 2014
>2017
>still caring about anime YT drama
Mar 14, 2017 11:10 PM

Jun 2014
_Ako_ said:
Deknijff said:
looks like we have a response video you guys

So wait... He shitpost them because the dude shitposted on SAO: Movie?

Well I think I can see his motive....
I made a reaction video too, lol. Though, not to bash Digibro.
Mar 14, 2017 11:10 PM

Jan 2011
If only there was people making a thread for every video those other guys put out I might know who they are too.
Mar 14, 2017 11:15 PM

Nov 2011
ReaperCreeper said:
If only there was people making a thread for every video those other guys put out I might know who they are too.

It's because sensible people watch the good anime youtubers and don't want to feel like shills.

Well, that's one of the reasons I wouldn't do that, at least.
Mar 14, 2017 11:23 PM

Jan 2014
"Omg, look at me. I rant for half an hour. I'm so edgy."

This narcissist can fuck off. Also, K-On is his favorite anime.... That kind of just shows his shit taste.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Mar 14, 2017 11:38 PM

May 2015
Zelev said:

This narcissist can fuck off. Also, K-On is his favorite anime.... That kind of just shows his shit taste.

You don't understand anything huh?

Mar 14, 2017 11:44 PM

Aug 2016
Kittens-kun said:
Zelev said:

I'd say they understand everything they need to.
Mar 14, 2017 11:46 PM

Jan 2014
Kittens-kun said:
Zelev said:

Nope. To claim you understand everything is ignorance.

Mar 14, 2017 11:54 PM

May 2015
Zelev said:
Kittens-kun said:

So you admit what you said was ignorant? Good.

Mar 14, 2017 11:55 PM

Dec 2016
He just want drama and more views wthout a quality content..just ignore him
Mar 14, 2017 11:56 PM

Jan 2014
Kittens-kun said:
Zelev said:

By definition, everyone is ignorant. Superiority complex, much? Get over yourself.

Mar 14, 2017 11:57 PM

May 2015
Zelev said:
Kittens-kun said:

By definition, everyone is ignorant. Superiority complex, much? Get over yourself.

You made blatantly false claims. This has nothing to do with me.

Mar 15, 2017 12:21 AM

Jan 2014
Kittens-kun said:
Zelev said:

False claims.... on something that's subjective... Lul.

Mar 15, 2017 12:40 AM
Aug 2015
I couldn't careless he's fucking hilarious 😂
Mar 15, 2017 12:55 AM

Jun 2016
Talk about.. a nonsense speech to the viewers.... from the same o'l typical guy.... what a lame he is... Think he can probably be the # subscribe youtubers?...

Is this some kind of SITCOM... Practically his faces says anything...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2017 1:08 AM

Nov 2014
I think if people would watch and try to understand the video instead of reading the title and shitting on it the discussion could evolve past people jerking themselves off for being too cool to watch it.
But I guess Digibro is still the cool thing to shit on since he's popular and actually has the balls to put himself on the spot and do regular talks about the community, so people will continue to take whatever he says in his unscripted, slightly drunken vlogs out of context to try and make him say something he didn't.
Hell you don't need to look further than OP's post at the start of this thread to see people misrepresenting whatever he says and thinking they're fucking clever for doing so, good job confirming the first point he made. This is "the most boring taste in anime" all over again.

I also find it funny that people think pointing at Digibro being a pretentious, hypocritical narcissist somehow takes all the relevance away from what he's saying.
Mar 15, 2017 1:20 AM
Feb 2016
Touniouk said:
I think if people would watch and try to understand the video instead of reading the title and shitting on it the discussion could evolve past people jerking themselves off for being too cool to watch it.
But I guess Digibro is still the cool thing to shit on since he's popular and actually has the balls to put himself on the spot and do regular talks about the community, so people will continue to take whatever he says in his unscripted, slightly drunken vlogs out of context to try and make him say something he didn't.
Hell you don't need to look further than OP's post at the start of this thread to see people misrepresenting whatever he says and thinking they're fucking clever for doing so, good job confirming the first point he made. This is "the most boring taste in anime" all over again.

I also find it funny that people think pointing at Digibro being a pretentious, hypocritical narcissist somehow takes all the relevance away from what he's saying.

oh ok ill edit my post to make it more representative of everything he says :)
Mar 15, 2017 1:37 AM

May 2015
Zelev said:
Kittens-kun said:

False claims.... on something that's subjective... Lul.

You calling him a narcissist without a reason is a false claim.

Mar 15, 2017 2:00 AM

Feb 2011
does anyone actually give a shit about anime youtubers ?
Mar 15, 2017 2:28 AM

Jan 2014
Someone please take this fatass and sacrifice him on a altar to summon Demo D back.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Mar 15, 2017 2:30 AM
Jul 2018
The thread is still going lmao.

Hatsuyuki said:
does anyone actually give a shit about anime youtubers ?

Look at the size of this thread and you will have the answer to your retarded question.

EcchiLordMamster said:
codephat said:
Why is Digibro still relevant in 2017?

because theres still people who can't form their own opinions in 2017

This sentence is dumb.

Everything about it is.

SkyDrop said:
Who cares? By the way, why go to youtube? Mal has got:

- rating system
- ranking system
- reviews as well

So why waste time watching such opinion ? reading saves our life time

MAL has a shitty ranking system that does not take into account that people rate differently.

And the reviews? MAL has one of the worst reviews I have seen, some of them are not even reviews.
Mar 15, 2017 2:35 AM

Nov 2013
Sapewloth said:
Someone please take this fatass and sacrifice him on a altar to summon Demo D back.

He's DED, deal with it :3
This is the best you're going to get

Mar 15, 2017 2:38 AM

Jan 2014
I hate you, Lollo. I fucking hate you.
;_;
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Mar 15, 2017 2:43 AM

Nov 2013
Good riddance. Only quality content from now on in the anime community.

Mar 15, 2017 2:46 AM

Sep 2015
Yeah he is the best anime YouTuber, I re-watch his videos all the time
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

63 by Tulleha »»
26 seconds ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 7 hours ago

25 by maya2003s »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

30 by Piromysl »»
5 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Apr 23

32 by alshu »»
6 minutes ago

» Which 3 unpopular anime from the late 90s-mid 00s would you recommend?

WitherThrakh - Apr 13

19 by alshu »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.