Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 7, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LIVE START. That felt more like a idol performance/battle. Kodama has a lot of talent for someone who likes to show off her talent.

Seeing Koyori's transformation to the next level was a neat sight though. Kodama's feelings are also kinda understandable for someone who wants to always impress others and meet expectations.
Mar 7, 2017 10:47 AM

Jan 2015
Well forget about that Live Performance, what really bad now is how Tazuna pushing himself over his limit even after Koyori cry about it. And thanks to that, Koyori can now "awaken" her Nimrod.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 7, 2017 10:58 AM

Jun 2015
Koyori finally speaks. Tazuna is an idiot by not paying attention to her. He couldn't see the hints. She can now use her Nimrod and help him. Her transformation was nice. Kodama tried really hard to win, but she lost.
Mar 7, 2017 11:29 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
FINALLY Koyori is talking and I must say that she somehow got 10 times more cuter because of it....Her voice is just way too cute

Good episode overall and even though best girl/character Kodama lost (I was still rooting for her lol) I'm glad that she didn't lose to bullshit (Koyori getting her nimrod was always going to be a big deal) and that she got back up on her feet in the end

Still wish she was the main character though lol
Mar 7, 2017 11:46 AM

Aug 2016
Very nice episode, loved it! Also, the ost was very good also, like always :d
Nanika ga Okashii
Mar 7, 2017 12:42 PM
Jan 2012
Easily the best episode of the series and although I hated the quote spamming, Kodama is a really good character.

Visuals have improved over the last few episode and its really good to see Koyori working beside Tazuna rather than being /just there/

Still not what I would call a good series, but its getting better. Too little to late as they say
Nyan!
Mar 7, 2017 12:46 PM
Mar 2016
So Kodama loses, just as I thought that she is an idol, she actually a wanna be that an actual one , man, looks Hiniki her fat manger is more like a lolicon than a manger or a fan. Nice to see, koyori having her own Nimrod and she can speak now.

So with 3 more episode left, who's the next opponent?
WhoahohoMar 7, 2017 12:52 PM
Mar 7, 2017 1:43 PM

Jun 2013
SHE SPEAKS!! Koyori was so cute in this episode, although I'm not in love with her magical girl outfit.

anime list
manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
APC
Anime Advocates
Mar 7, 2017 1:49 PM

Feb 2014
Koyori can now speak and that has made her 10x cuter than before! =3

Not only that, but her transformation was nice looking and her skills really helped Tazuna turn the tide of the battle when it was needed the most.

Apart from the usual awkward and sloppy animation shots, the fight was pretty good. Outside the fights, the visual quality was at a good level this time.

Kodama is an enjoyable character and her scene after her defeat with her manager was well done. At least she eased off her quote spamming thankfully. -.-

Although it's not saying much, but this episode is the best one of Hand Shaker so far. I doubt the last 3 episodes will match it, but if they do, then it'll made this mediocre show a little bit better. =)
Mar 7, 2017 1:52 PM

Mar 2013
It took 9 episodes for her voice and Nimrod to appear, not bad, at least the OST is still good and her outfit looks awesome

Whoahoho said:

So with 3 more episode left, who's the next opponent?

The man in the suit and the little white haired girl, their Nimrod is Cocoon
Mar 7, 2017 2:06 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
im not that into idol characters, but she sexy

btw, this anime ain' no damn 4.97, yall mfs need to chill with that xD
Mar 7, 2017 2:50 PM

Nov 2015
What an annoying idol.

Mar 7, 2017 2:59 PM
Sep 2016
Koyori FINALLY GETS HER VOICE!! she was cute before and now it shot up by 200% and her transformation outfit is adorable. The name single gear is a bit unfitting now that Tazuna isn't alone in his fights anymore.

Seeing the doctor in the preview look like hes getting hit with a heart attack of joy over finding out Koyori got her nimrod and can talk and I want hear that in my ears already... I have a feeling experiments galore are gonna be coming Koyori's way after gaining her voice and nimrod.
Mar 7, 2017 3:04 PM

Jul 2015
Omg she can finally talk, and she finally has her Nimrod. Too bad there's now only 3 episodes left after a miracle had just taken place.

caught in the wonder
Mar 7, 2017 3:05 PM

Dec 2016
I had a feeling that Koyori would do something big in this episode.

Nice to see her get her Nimrod and I love her voice. It's cool she can talk normally now.
Mar 7, 2017 3:39 PM

Nov 2013
koyori's voice is really cute =O

i like kodama tbh, she is pretty
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 7, 2017 4:28 PM
Jun 2016
Tazuna, I understand that you want to protect Koyori but going to battle while you're sick and hurt from a battle that you fought just yesterday is just recess. Also Tazuna, Makihara does care about Koyori but his just thinking the best for both of you.

Finally Koyori is able to talk and fight. She can't stand seeing her man getting hurt and protecting her anymore. Then the skating gear are pretty cool and just make me wish they were real. Also what is that music when Koyori transform?? That music!!! I MUST HAVE IT!!!!

Then koyori power to mix the 2 worlds (Ziggurat and the human world) is pretty epic.
We also got some characters stories with Kadowa and Hibiki. The reason why they want to meet god and become a hand shakers.
Hibiki was choosing the hand shakers pairs so Kadowa could win and meet god. So if she fight with the strong hand shakers right from the start. It would be an instant K.O. Then we got his resign from his job to train and become her fan. While for Kadowa her dream on being an idol is kinda in danger with live concert being cancel as well as getting only 1 fan-mail. Only 1... from the manger.

Overall, a very good episode of hand shakers as always and looking at the preview we are getting another build up episode with the guy that Tazuna talks to in episode 5 and a kitchen/ cooking scene??
Mar 7, 2017 5:10 PM
Feb 2017
EPIC Episode 8!!!!

Finally Koyori She Speaks! ^o^

So Cute your voice! <3 <3 <3 <3
Working on the future things.

Mar 7, 2017 5:24 PM

May 2015
Lol, our girl finally talked.

Mar 7, 2017 6:45 PM
Jun 2016
Koyori-chan spoke her first workds!!!! And we got treated to a live show! Great episode with Koyori & Tazuna fighting together and seeming very happy and adorable afterwards. Koyori's nimrod transformation and power is dramatic and worth it by the way :)
Mar 7, 2017 7:50 PM

Dec 2016
This show has got to make the list of like the top 10 cringiest things I have ever seen. The pointless shit they spew out during battles makes me want to hide under my pillow. Let me take a monent to say how fucking terrible this show is.

They win every battle the same way. They get their ass handed to them, pounded by blow after blow, and should be practically dead, and then all of a sudden they sneak in one hit on the enemy and that gives them victory. This show is a joke.

Ans Tazuna is the densest piece of shit ever. He only cares about himself and is oblivious to how his actions affect others. Just look at poor Koyori. She actually had to do something to help.

At this point I am seriously debating on whether this show or Spiritpact is the biggest abomination to the season. At first I thought it was hands down the latter, but this show just keeps getting worse and worse. It tries so hard to take itself seriously but there are so many plot holes and cringy characters like omg it is so trash. Idk why I waste my time keeping this off my drop list but I made it this far so might as well see how it ends...
Mar 7, 2017 8:44 PM

Sep 2014
Umm...so much to type but I'm keeping it to just a few points. First off, can someone call Chris Hansen? This pudge decided to pretty much lure an innocent high school girl into becoming an idol and now it's just her and him? How is this not stranger danger?

Secondly, he was exchanging info with the doctor and she knew? What doctor? How the fuck did she know?

Finally, she has her voice now. I have a feeling things aren't going to be the same. Half her charm was not saying anything. Now that she can speak, she's too bubbly. Fuck me.

Oh, I also noticed a diff studio animated this one or helped out a lot. Hmm....
Mar 7, 2017 9:23 PM

Oct 2012
Kodama's chara design really appealed to me, save for when they tried to animate too much and her motions started looking really off. But I still loved her design, and I could tolerate, but definitely wasn't a fan of her intellectual quote quirk. It was actually really nice that it turns out that she wasn't always like that, and adapted that sort of personality while taking tips from her manager in what can be seen as a 'fake it till you make it' mindset. That actually made me like her a lot more

Koyori finally spoke, thank goodness it wasn't just for this ep either, we finally got a voice for the coming eps, and quite a good voice imo.

That said, I always have my quibbles with the show. The first is totally arbitrary and just unfair to the show. I hated Tazuna's attitude, shutting out everything in his own attempt to satisfy his own sense of pride, but again that's not fair to the show, considering this is apparent in a lot of shows so yeah, this issue is fine, glad they got it over with quickly tho.
Next I was still put off by the weird animation/awkward positioning of the characters on the background. It had that gliding effect again that made it look like there wasn't friction. But eh you get used to it for the most part, for better or for worse.
Fight was average, contrived to me but still tolerable, though it made me dislike the OP sequence a bit because of all the reused frames in the OP.

Interesting that Koyori's nimrod is exactly like Tazuna's. While most pairs' weapons have been similar in design or theme, Koyori's is literally just a copy. This brings up the question of whether or not she's an artificial creation or something of that nature. Seems plausible to an extent though not concrete at all yet, but the partner(?) of megane-kun who we saw a bit in a previous episode and in the preview for next one, looks a lot like Koyori so I'm willing to keep that theory in the back of my mind.

Next ep looks fun, seems a little slower which I'll probably like more anyways
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 7, 2017 11:28 PM

Apr 2009
So the idol wasn't a real idol, but a wannabe one who wanted to use the wish-being-granted-by-meeting-God-after-winning-as-a-Hand-Shaker business to become one. Yikes.

Koyori finally speaks! Cute.

Once again, delicious foods are suspiciously absent in this episode. But it seems they'll be back in the next one. Yum yum.
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Mar 7, 2017 11:36 PM

Apr 2016
Finally, Koyori-chan can speak! Cute voice which matches her appearance. Good!
Looking forward to see who is that girl in the final shot of the next episode preview. Looks like Koyori but looks like quite matured a little bit. Maybe someone related to her. :v
Mar 7, 2017 11:49 PM

Sep 2016
The episode is passable I guess

I just want to know where I can get a Stardust Chilli Dog

300th pun
xchyssa said:
You got some nice viewpoint there, I always know I can't fool you with my sharpest tagging skills

Mar 8, 2017 12:45 AM

Dec 2016
Hibiki-san, you are the hero this show needs, but not the one it deserves.

shit!! he got me! that fucking Poly
boomed me! he's so good! (x4)
Mar 8, 2017 1:42 AM

Dec 2014
This definitely was the best episode so far, though that's not saying much. Koyori getting her powers and (thank goodness finally) talking, as expected. Glad these two lost this episode, though it seems like they'll still appear judging by the preview.

Oh, I was extremely annoyed with Tazuna this episode. Even if it kills me, I'll beat them and protect you. Yea, so she can die moments later as you're not there to hold her hand anymore..

The next pair looks like the final boss to me. So we'll probaby get a relaxing episode (cooking), they appear at the end of the episode and the final two episodes will be them fighting. I'm still suspecting that guy to be god, the girl that kinda looks like Koyori might be a goddess and maybe Koyori somehow got split from the 'main body' and that's why her life is in danger.. or something. I look forward to seeing how far off I am lol.

Also, the manager said he was sharing info with the 'doctor'. I immediately thought of Makihara-sensei (also a (former) Hand Shaker, sensei can mean either teacher or doctor). Now I don't remember how the fight between Tazuna and Kodama started, but if it was like all her fights so far, then that means Makihara actually sent Tazuna and Koyori into that fight with the intention of them losing. I hope we find out what his actual plan with the whole Koyori-deal is soon.
DystaniaMar 8, 2017 1:45 AM
Mar 8, 2017 6:49 AM
Feb 2017
Awakened.
I have waited for 2 months and it finally come.
Good job, Sprocket Gear.

Koyori is sooooooooooo cute!!!
Mar 8, 2017 11:38 AM

Jul 2014
She finally speaks, thanks GOD!

The transformation was great.
Mar 8, 2017 3:37 PM

Mar 2016
Wow Tazuna is such a cunt. What he needed was a good slap in the face.

Koyori finally speaking. About time.
To be honest that whole fight felt really underwhelming.

Also didn't feel anything about that idol girl's backstory.
Mar 8, 2017 5:37 PM

Jan 2016
i wasn't sure if i would ever witness the moment when koyori opens her mouth and words come out.
Mar 8, 2017 11:06 PM

Oct 2011
She awakens. ....She spoke. ...so cute ahhhh
Mar 9, 2017 5:10 PM

Jun 2014
Finally Koyori said something......thought that would never happen.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 9, 2017 6:50 PM

Sep 2015
Koyori finally spoke :0
Im gonna miss the silent Koyori ;-;
Mar 10, 2017 12:31 AM

Dec 2014
Koyori is no longer immune to the terrible script and now spouts the most generic lines ever. Worst transition into opening ever; it was so abrupt. The two enemies are probably the least annoying of the cast now that we have some background on them, but that's not saying very much.

However, I got good laughs from the overall production. Well done.
I need sleep.
Mar 11, 2017 2:30 AM
Mar 2012
Kodama most interesting antagonist, Ghandi & Sun Tzu'd be proud lol.
Tazuna insensitive baka
yay Koyori speaks real words now, they both "meshing"
Mar 11, 2017 3:37 AM

Mar 2017
All i was shocked about is how Koyori can talk, ITS SO WEIRD WHEN SHE TALKS OML
Mar 12, 2017 11:04 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm after last weeks battle against Kodama it looks like Tazuna and Koyori have to rethink their moves. I love how Kodama is that knowledgeable though being able to quote from so many different famous personalities that existed over the years. Though i didn't expect Tazuna to come see Kodama in his condition though. I also like the fact that her form of combat is actually her singing though lol. Almost like having an idol sing to you alone. Kodama though strong is a good enemy and rival for Tazuna though.

Despite the intensity of their last fight its nice to see that Tazuna did not have any serious injuries from that though. Though having to battle through a fever straight after is rough though. The manner of their escape and the wounds that Tazuna took during the battle was what caused it eh. Its a good thing that wounds sustained in that alternate reality are not as serious as they are in the real world but they will still hurt as well. Recovering from them will also take time as well. Plus the level of injuries that Tazuna means that soon his body will have to slow down to enable him to recover which will have the effect of compromising their battle ability as well. A bad thing with Kodama approaching them. That would explain why Tazuna would want to end their battle now though despite his injuries. Still it is nice to see how hard Tezuna is fighting to save Koyori though. Their bond has really improved as the series went on and its really nice to see that they both care for each other that deeply. But the odds here are really against them though. At this point it will be wise to listen to Makihara and rest while at the same time analyse Kodama and her partner for any weaknesses that they may have.

Makihara's attitude does unfortunately have the effect of making him unreliable at times but i think that he does care about Koyori just as much as Tazuna does. His fever is causing him to be more rash than usual. Still its nice to see that Tazuna has recognized that Koyori is not his sister and that she's a separate person that is never less still important to him. Tazuna's determination to protect Koyori though is nice to see. I wonder how much do Tazuna's parents actually know about the fight between the hand shakers though. Still i don't think that even his parents are getting through to him in this state. Who knew that the usually calm and logical Tazuna could become such a reckless person though. Though since the stakes are so high its somewhat understandable. Hmm interesting so each Nimrod has the ability to create their own virtual world that is unique to its user and at the same time it can also remember that world as well eh. Still Tazuna's attack on Kodama's support first was interesting. But if he though that he will be weaker than her Tazuna is surely mistaken. Man he really is strong though being able to punch Tazuna through into a wall like that. Its interesting that while Kodama's nimrod is already strong her song and dance is just enhancing and making her even stronger. Tazuna's determination is certainly admirable but in that state its just impossible for you to win. Still that situation allowed Koyori to once again develop her voice again and from there awaken her powers as well. Wow that transformation though and the power that flows through her new outfit. Koyori finally has her own nimrod now. Excellent news. Only when facing the post powerful of enemies will one be able to find their greatest strength eh. An apt quote for this transformation actually. The bond that the two have forged over the series has created this transformation of hers and allowed her to attain her Nimrod.

Wow Tazuna and Koyori's combined powers really are something. That gear shield of theirs really looks impenetrable. The battle of speed between Tazuna/Koyori and Kodama was pretty well done. And its nice to see Koyori being finally able to speak as well. Even when facing defeat its nice to see Kodama still try her utmost to win though. In the end that wasn't enough for her. Hmm so that was Kodama's burden eh. That she was in despair because she had so few fans despite the fact that she loved her job and wished to be able to sing for everyone. Behind that positive exterior of hers is a fragile girl who despite giving her all finds that no one remembers her. Man thats harsh and even more so because of her stupid president who stops her. Her manager though is the only person thats been helping her sincerely and indeed can be the closest person that can be considered to be a friend. Her manager really did a lot for her and supported her through all this. Despite their loss their team up was strong and Kodama really was powerful something that Tazuna can attest to. Her manager really cares about Kodama though with regards both to her career and to her as a person. Almost like a father daughter relationship really. Nice to see really. He really is a fool but a well meaning one though. Its nice that in the end Kodama was able to see that she still has her manager to support her and that given enough hard work they will still be able to achieve their dreams.

Its nice that in the end Tazuna realized that the way that he acted was in error and that of it wasn't for Koyori then they may have lost that fight. That last moment between them was sweet though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2017 4:12 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! finally...after 9 episode, Koyori finally spoke!
4/5.

Mar 17, 2017 11:24 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode!
Koyori finally spoke!
Mar 23, 2017 7:16 AM

Apr 2016
aaaaaaand now there is physically no hence of Tazuna ever beinglikeable. That edgy shounen "piss off because I'm pushing use of way too hard for someone who doesn't like what I'm doing" bullshit killed him for me, and the action was as awful as ever. Why can't they sync Kodama's moments and her singing properly? Also, way to slap-dash an unrelated backstory to Kodama and Hibiki that doesn't even explain why this duo became Hand Shakers.

Can we go ONE FIGHT without a plot-convenient ass-pull being the crux of Tazuna's victory?! The Koyori speaking and getting a nimrod bullshit was the final straw for the duo having the possibility of having actually fair wins. Erza from fucking Fairy Tail doesn't pull this kind of shit as often!
Mar 25, 2017 3:09 PM

Feb 2013
Koyori finally talks... now she won't shut up! j/k

So we knew it would happen... Kodama losing and Koyori fighting.
-Kodama is not the main, therefore she loses.
-Koyori fighting against Kodama was revealed in the OP (and she's OP).

While there were some nice new Kodama-fight scenes... too many also got reused from the previous episode.
Too short. I would have liked a longer struggle.

Now some gifs...

That is a cool sword.

I think this one is pretty iconic for the series due to its use in the opening.

Why does her sword have tentacles?

BurntJellyMar 25, 2017 3:58 PM
Mar 27, 2017 7:27 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was ,for me, full of 'meh' moments.Koyori finally spits up and that useless annoying idol's arc finally over.Oh I prefer silent version of Koyori.Now they are overpowered.
Mar 31, 2017 2:34 PM

Dec 2012
It's weird to heard Koyori speak.
I liked the story between Kodama and his manager, Hibiki is so nice
May 23, 2017 6:13 AM

Mar 2015
Has anyone else noticed the porn fetish couples that all their opponents have been?!

1) master and slave
2) small loli girl and pedo
3) wincest older toogoodtobetrue sister and tsuntsun brother
4) vulnerable girl and much much older guy
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 23, 2017 6:14 AM

Mar 2015
Has anyone else noticed the porn fetish couples that all their opponents have been?!

1) master and slave
2) small loli girl and pedo
3) wincest older toogoodtobetrue sister and tsuntsun brother
4) vulnerable girl and much much older guy
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 2, 2017 9:08 AM

Feb 2015
Hibiki kind of cracked me up. Koyori's transformation was nice and the music for that scene was just lovely. Liked Kodama and Hibiki's backstories - how they were not who they outwardly seemed.

May 2, 2018 11:12 PM

Jan 2013
Once again, this looked like absolute dogshit.
Almost hurled from mtion sickness.
May 27, 2019 4:17 PM

Jun 2012
Tazuna was so irritating this episode, Koyori saved this episode. I liked that song that played when she got her nimrod.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2017

31 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 8, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2017

73 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 6, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2017

113 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 4, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2017

368 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 4, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2017

76 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 1, 2023 1:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.