Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
ACCA 13-Territory Inspection Department
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 7, 2017 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, Lotta gets followed by a mysterious guy dressed in black this episode. A bit of a red herring though since he is actually trying to "protect" her.

I thought the episode was thrilling as it focuses on Lotta and implies that she's being targeted. The episode didn't focus much on Jean compared to others so I thought it was kinda refreshing.
Mar 7, 2017 9:07 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Shit got real pretty fast lol

Really loving the direction this is heading in because there's so many forces at work here and so many possibilities
Mar 7, 2017 9:07 AM

Dec 2015
The complicated web in this anime is slowly starting to untangle and make sense. However, I never expected Grossular to be simply a puppet, what is that guy planning? Is he saying the truth about the coup or does he have some other plan as well?? So many questionssss
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 7, 2017 9:10 AM

Jun 2015
Lotta being followed was exhilarating. Assassins were after her, but Oulu and Rail saved her. The heads of ACCA all agreed to continue with the coup d'etat. It seems Lilium was pulling the strings. Grossular was simply a puppet for him. That was unexpected. I wonder what he's planning.
Mar 7, 2017 9:19 AM

Oct 2016
This new episode combined with the last one made the series go from 40 to 100 in matter of minutes.

I was about to drop the series when they unveiled that Jean is the legitimate heir to the throne but then everything started to click, I'm glad I didn't drop the series.

Now, imo, ep.9 has focused more on Lotta and was more action-driven wich made the series regain some flow, as well as revealing the answers of several mysteries and giving *another* shocking scene when we see Grossular merely being nothing more than a puppet.

So now I ask myself, should the ACCA keep using Jean to their favor? What did Lilium to have Grossular at his feet? Will Nino interveal to protect Jean and Lotta?
Mar 7, 2017 9:20 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

The chief was awesome, the way he rescued Lotta was cool. xD

That plot twist at the end. :o
Did not expect Lilium to be the one who was pulling all the strings with Grossular merely a puppet. Still, Lilium crafted an excellent plan to stage this coup. Well Played. :3
Mar 7, 2017 9:22 AM

Feb 2016
now I'm lost. What the hell is Lilium planning?
Mar 7, 2017 9:34 AM

May 2016
that episode..... muuuuuuuaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! loved it. if this series delivers more episodes like this, this is hands down the best of this winter season.
Mar 7, 2017 9:59 AM

Sep 2015
The person at the end might not be Lilium. Don't forget that Lilium did say he has brothers working inside the whichever high department before at the party, so there is a chance he is actually his twin brother.
Mar 7, 2017 10:09 AM

Sep 2013
Police guy protecting Lotta from aunty assassins and gets save by the blond mustache chief.

I was genuinely surprised by this, wtf?
Grossular :'(
Mar 7, 2017 10:09 AM

Jun 2014
I certainly wasn't expecting that plot twist with Lilium at the end. This anime was kinda boring at the beginning but things are getting more interesting with each episode, especially since some questions are finally starting to get answered.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 7, 2017 10:14 AM

Apr 2016
Really disappointed with the first half : It felt so forced and the characters' reactions and dialogues were so unreal, it was hard to believe lives and state's affairs were at stake. They were more like as if they all went shopping. The writing and voice acting were subpar.

The second half saved it though and we got at least 2 twists in this episode, which let me with even more questions now.
Mar 7, 2017 10:15 AM

Dec 2013
Always knew this was a potential sleeper. The slow build up of the last 7 episodes was totally worth it. These last couple of episodes has totally turned things around in terms of plot development.

Lilium wishes to preserve ACCA as an institution, whilst the first Princess wishes to use her nephew as a puppet to destroy them.
Makes you wonder just why, no? What exactly is it that the Princess planning to do with the country that makes having ACCA, an order-maintaining institution, exist be a threat to her? Just what is it that she wants to achieve by abolishing the order of her country? Thus far it has made zero sense.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 7, 2017 10:18 AM

Dec 2014
Lotta sure was a big focus in the first half ...things are getting serious on the go
Mar 7, 2017 10:28 AM

Apr 2016
i ask this before and i ask this again . what the hell is going on . im kinda confused . if someone can explain that would be great .
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Mar 7, 2017 10:37 AM

Nov 2012
Grossular being nothing more than a puppet was unexpected.

As expected however Natsume Ono's stories slow paced but always solid.
Mar 7, 2017 11:33 AM

Jun 2013
ichii_1 said:

I was most interested in how out attention was drawn to his hair, especially with the close-up. If Grossular is Abend, Lilium is probably blackmailing him somehow.

anime list
manga list
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
APC
Anime Advocates
Mar 7, 2017 12:17 PM
Mar 2016

The plot thickens.........and wtf, Glossnar isn't the big man, rather it's that Lilum guy that's pulling all the strings? Gosh, seeing Lilum do that to Glossnar is very gay.
Mar 7, 2017 12:18 PM
Aug 2014
Oh ho ho, how the truth has been revealed.

I was somewhat surprised at Lillium pulling the string, and the way he gripped Grossular's hair, damn! That was intense.

Focusing on Lota this episode really done well for them because it felt a bit faster, and gave us an insight to her as well. I loved her line,

"Oh, please don't break the windows. You'll let the air in."

I was like, "LOTTA, YOU BOTTA DIE DONT WORRY BOUT THE AIR."
Mar 7, 2017 12:33 PM
Apr 2016
Well that was crushing, the Lilium reveal. My "cup theory" might need a little bit of updating... or does it now. We will see.
As how I could interpret that NOW, his exquisite cup stands for the ambitions that are driving him. I still stand firm in seeing Payne as a malicious one, according to his cup.
Daniel_NaumovMar 7, 2017 12:38 PM
Re:formed
Mar 7, 2017 12:44 PM
Jan 2016
at last i'm super confused now
Mar 7, 2017 12:45 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
AH SHIT MAN, Lilium! I did not see any of this coming. Can we call him a villain now? Interesting how Spade got focus, too.

That first half with Lotta and Rail fleeing from the assassins was nice, i like their chemistry together, he really seems to be a good lad and so is Magie.

And yes, i'm confused as well about what will happen or is happening exactly.
Mar 7, 2017 1:14 PM

Dec 2011
The part about Lilium and Grossular was very well played. That hair-grabbing scene and everything leading to it (including the phone call from Lilium) really conveys the relationship between these two characters.

Also, LOL at Rail having a fugitive as a friend. And Jean's boss is so cool.

valvravetruth said:
The person at the end might not be Lilium. Don't forget that Lilium did say he has brothers working inside the whichever high department before at the party, so there is a chance he is actually his twin brother.

Well he did say older brothers. I'd assume that doesn't mean a twin (we saw one older brother talking to Pastice). Plus saying that he always countered Grossular in front of the other three chiefs to make it more convincing when they do agree make it quite clear that it's really him (unless the twin is the one we've been seeing for the past eight episodes).
Mar 7, 2017 1:36 PM

Sep 2016
damn that was pretty good, quite scared at the end that indian guy (forgot his name) might be going full homo on grossular lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 7, 2017 2:02 PM

Feb 2014
Biggest shock of the series Lillium!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 7, 2017 2:10 PM

Apr 2016
Show keeps getting better and better. Did not expect to have this level of intrigue.
Mar 7, 2017 2:39 PM

Dec 2008
Holy shit!! Lilium is straight up GANGSTA!! Is he really the mastermind behind this whole "Jean Otus is a coup sympathizer" set up? I figured a few eps back that he and/or his family had a hand in this, but I didn't think Lilium would be Grossular's puppetmaster! Wow!

However, I'm not going to be too quick to count Grossular out. I believe he's actually Abend from the previous episode. If my interpretations from the previous episode are correct, that means that Qualm and the King are supporting Grossular. So, he's about to have something for all 4 of their asses!
Hannah_AnaMar 7, 2017 2:50 PM
Mar 7, 2017 2:48 PM

Nov 2015
Lotta is getting involved now. And wtf the plot twist.

Mar 7, 2017 3:47 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
ichii_1 said:
Police guy protecting Lotta from aunty assassins and gets save by the blond mustache chief.

The Grossular in your spoiler tag and the character in your sig... They're in a similar pose and wearing the same colors, and it makes a striking statement!!! Like, "Hooo... I kinda like this."
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Mar 7, 2017 3:59 PM

Sep 2012
So Lilium is the mastermind behind the coup. Never expected that.

But there seems to be a third party, led by the first princess. I think the Dracula butler is on her side. He got rid of the second princess and is clearly against Prince Schwan.
Mar 7, 2017 4:15 PM

Feb 2017
So Abend wasn't the café owner, hmmm.

Lotta is the purest human being. I mean, she was worried that those following her would break the windoes because it would get too windy. She's so innocent, I love her so much.

Well, we all eventually got to the conclusion that Jean was being played with, that the one organizing the coup d'état was the on that put him there. We even speculate that Grossular was behind it, and his little speech at the reunion with the other four officers seemed to confirm that suspicion. But I never could have imagined that Lilium was actually behind Grossular, he has him grabbed by the b*lls, so he must be really frightening. I guess that Nino here is playing some sort of double agent, and I really like that of him: he plays as Crown fro Grossular, but he still is the royal informant, reporting maybe to Abend directly. Also, the First Princess has made her move, and Lotta is in danger. People is going to help her, because she deserves it, but still.

Finally, although that Jean wasn't even interested in claiming his right to the crown, now it seems that he's a little curious regarding what the districts have to say. As Grossular said, Jean's desire to preserve peace might be what puts him on the throne instead of that idiot heir.
Mar 7, 2017 4:44 PM

Oct 2012
That twist with Lilium being in charge and having complete control over Grossular (or Abend) was really good. Wondering what he has on Grossular that would make him so subservient.

Lotta saved by Chief, a pretty smooth save if I say so myself.
Seems Lilium is going to try to take out Mauve now, I hope he fails miserably and his hair gets burnt off as retribution for pulling on Grossular's silky locks of hair
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 7, 2017 4:57 PM

May 2015
Wow, that ending was something I never saw coming.

Mar 7, 2017 5:33 PM

Jan 2014
Yup I saw all this coming from a mile away, very predicable.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Mar 7, 2017 6:04 PM

Jan 2013
OMG This just got very very crazy, only 2 episodes left.
So Jean is actually trying to "lead" the revolution.
That ACCA captain just saved Lotte and that guy's life, what a boss xD
So as everyone was expecting, Groshular is the one who started the rumors about the revolution, and i totally agree with him, but the question is...
What was that ending? I get that Groshular and Lilium planned this a long time ago but... Lilium is the one who is in charge? And is he the good one or the bad one?...interesting.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 7, 2017 6:32 PM
Feb 2012
gust11 said:
That twist with Lilium being in charge and having complete control over Grossular (or Abend) was really good. Wondering what he has on Grossular that would make him so subservient.

Seems Lilium is going to try to take out Mauve now, I hope he fails miserably and his hair gets burnt off as retribution for pulling on Grossular's silky locks of hair

I doubt Grossular is Abend. Most likely it's Jeans boss given things like how Jeans transfer requests always magically disappeared. The Lotte rescue was unlikely a coincidence as well.
LeviathonlxMar 7, 2017 6:36 PM
Mar 7, 2017 6:49 PM

Oct 2012
Leviathonlx said:
gust11 said:

I doubt Grossular is Abend. Most likely it's Jeans boss given things like how Jeans transfer requests always magically disappeared. The Lotte rescue was unlikely a coincidence as well.
With regard to the rescue, I am also of the opinion that it was no coincidence. It was pretty farfetched to begin with, losing your breath and having to rest next to a car in the middle of the streets? xD
I am also pretty sure that the Chief is not just a chief, though it had never come to my mind that he might be Abend. I do feel certain that he is hiding something, though I don't quite think he's Abend, who knows though, seems like there could be a lot of answers, we'll just have to wait and see
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 7, 2017 7:55 PM

Dec 2011
Leviathonlx said:
gust11 said:

I'm on the "Owl is Abend" camp as well, if only because "Grossular = Abend because, white hair" smells too much like a red herring, but also because Owl is a suspicious character in his own right (does he really have travel sickness?). This episode just raises my suspicion.

And though it may be a totally random observation, I've always thought Owl's eyes looked weird. It's similar to Magie' and the other senior bodyguard's eyes.
Mar 7, 2017 8:55 PM

Mar 2008
Of the five, Lilium certainly stood out for his (relative) pro-activeness so far, but to not just be in cahoots but even have a hold over Grossular! How did this relationship came to be - how far back does their association go?

With the plot thickening, Mauve might be one of Jean's real allies.

And Maggie, what a bro
CkanMar 7, 2017 8:59 PM
Mar 7, 2017 9:48 PM

May 2010
I was just thinking last week that Jean won't be picking this coup business unless Lotta is in danger, then this episode happens.

I guess Yusa Kouji voiced Lilium for a reason...
Mar 7, 2017 10:58 PM

Feb 2016
saw this on r/anime and it honestly didnt cross my mind.

Is Lilium really trying to save ACCA? or is he..........

cuz those heads really looks similar. Also what chief Grossular said during the meeting cant be 100% trusted since I believe Lilium made him say those
Mar 7, 2017 11:33 PM

Apr 2009
Aww, mang. I kinda liked Lilium from the start... but now it seems he might be the real villain.

Oh well. Plot thickens. I thought we're gonna continue to get more answers, but it seems more questions just popped up.

So it seems that the real showdown at the end might involve Lilium for sure.
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Mar 7, 2017 11:50 PM

Jun 2013
shit is getting real a twist after a twist
Mar 8, 2017 12:16 AM

Jul 2016
And my predictions were all blown out of the water.

This show is so fucking good.
Mar 8, 2017 4:28 AM

Dec 2016
Great episode. Love the twisted power play at the end.

I hope we have some Nino next eps -- missed him this time!! :p
Mar 8, 2017 4:48 AM

Jan 2011
Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode.

The chief was awesome, the way he rescued Lotta was cool. xD

That plot twist at the end. :o
Did not expect Lilium to be the one who was pulling all the strings with Grossular merely a puppet. Still, Lilium crafted an excellent plan to stage this coup. Well Played. :3

ichii_1 said:

gust11 said:

While mustache chief was awesome this episode.. however..

I'm still not sure I understand the logic between "falling ill from the crowd" and "resting on the window of a moving vehicle"
Uh.. yeah.. I can't make sense of this at all.

Will make sense IF:

The crowd has an infectious disease spreading
The car is parked and not in the middle of road/traffic.
(traffic is still traffic eventually will move even by inch)

Otherwise, this is not just some random coincidence because that would very convenient.
The chief is definitely keeping tabs on Jean's sissy after their initial discussion in the beginning of the episode.

P.S. mustache chief's serious change of tone when introducing himself to the assassins made me feel gay over him.

(I recall that there was this anime term when your feeling attracted to a super hot male anime character but I forgot what it is..hmm no..it's not yaoi or shotacon it's something else..)
AnimeMangaGamer-Mar 8, 2017 5:08 AM
Mar 8, 2017 5:11 AM

Jan 2011
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, Lotta gets followed by a mysterious guy dressed in black this episode. A bit of a red herring though since he is actually trying to "protect" her.

I thought the episode was thrilling as it focuses on Lotta and implies that she's being targeted. The episode didn't focus much on Jean compared to others so I thought it was kinda refreshing.

What bothered me this episode is that those "guys" look like they're "guys" and supposed to be "guys" but sound quite feminine-ish..
Mar 8, 2017 5:15 AM

Jun 2014
SaneSavantElla said:

Also, LOL at Rail having a fugitive as a friend. And Jean's boss is so cool.

The part about Rail's friend completely flew over my head the first time I watched it.
LOL, I think this is the ending of a beautiful friendship.
Mar 8, 2017 5:37 AM

Jun 2016
Man, what a twist. Lilium has been nice to Jean from the start, kind of makes you wonder what his ultimate goal is and how using/having Jean on his side will help him accomplish it. (Crack theory time: Abend is actually the mustache guy who saved Lotta from the assassins, he just dyed his hair blond, because honestly him finding her seemed like too much of a coincidence.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2017

57 by chillvyb »»
Yesterday, 7:38 AM

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2017

74 by milk_bun »»
Oct 24, 2023 4:47 PM

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2017

116 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 19, 2023 4:50 AM

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2017

200 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 19, 2023 2:37 AM

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2017

143 by Netbug »»
Sep 5, 2023 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.