Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2017 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh, this episode felt boring compared to some of the other episodes. Pretty much more of a transition after some of the more tense events and background storytelling. Nono's past was kinda sad.

Another cliffhangerish ending as well.
Wonder if Takuru will get through his message on time.
Stark700Mar 1, 2017 10:32 PM
Mar 1, 2017 8:05 PM

Mar 2011
I personally thought it was a really interesting episode, psychological horror-wise. A lot of very interesting reveals and backstory, especially about Nono, and the end was very interesting too. The next episode looks like it's going to start with a bang, though. Didn't get some small parts but most of it bring a new light to quite a lot of hings that happened before.

Also, Arimura was definitely too cute when she finally "un-freeze" herself. It probably lost a bit of its power due to the pacing but it's still cute nevertheless.
In any case, the pieces start to connect together, at last. What happens next will probably be quite interesting. It looks A LOT more "mind-screwy" than chaos;head though.

What will happen in the next episode seems fairly obvious, and it will probably not be very nice to see, especially after this episode...

And the more this show goes on, the mot one character seems more and more suspicious, imo.
willardhwrightMar 1, 2017 8:09 PM
Mar 1, 2017 11:09 PM
Feb 2017
This episode was much slower than the previous episode, which I think is a good thing because that last episode really had me messed up lmao. I liked that they actually gave backstory so that we can understand more about the characters but part of me just wants to see what happens next! The change of pace was definitely necessary for character development but I just want more mindblowing plot twists! Overall, it was a good episode though, just a little slow :P
Mar 2, 2017 12:25 AM
Jun 2010
I was getting more and more suspicious of Serika as the anime went along and now it's confirmed.
Mar 2, 2017 2:07 AM

Dec 2015
Onoe is reaaaallly suspicious.

She's always with Takuru...

XKt_ said:
I was getting more and more suspicious of Serika as the anime went along and now it's confirmed.

Confirmed? How? That sound was kinda familiar but I didn't really understand it.
Mar 2, 2017 2:14 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Did not even remotely see that Nono plot twist coming O_O

The mystery behind all this stuff has become even more intriguing and now that we know that there's 2 culprits.....I have two pairs in mind as to who is behind everything
Mar 2, 2017 3:31 AM

Jun 2016
AFTER rewatch the chaos child 1 to 8 i get interesting sound that almost match to the sound that MC heard... here my theory

in the episode 6 we about half the show we got scene in the club room...
1. kazuki punch to boxing glove and the sound of it kinda similiar
2. after that kurusu show the FROG and the sound... the sound so familiar to takuru listening...

i can't tell whose gonna be the killer.. but my hunch is someone from the club room..
BUT its just a theory a anime theory.. see ya

sry bad grammar Q_Q
Mar 2, 2017 4:10 AM
Jul 2018
That Nono twist lol. That was definitely unexpected. These cliff hangers though.
Mar 2, 2017 4:42 AM
Jul 2018
lTl__lTl said:
AFTER rewatch the chaos child 1 to 8 i get interesting sound that almost match to the sound that MC heard... here my theory

2. after that kurusu show the FROG and the sound... the sound so familiar to takuru listening...

i can't tell whose gonna be the killer.. but my hunch is someone from the club room..

sry bad grammar Q_Q

wait, you're absoloutely correct holy fuck
Mar 2, 2017 7:25 AM

Mar 2011
OtakuOne said:

XKt_ said:

Confirmed? How? That sound was kinda familiar but I didn't really understand it.

Look at the end again. There is a gero-kaeru, and https://s22.postimg.org/u1forufc1/sshot_153.jpg this is clearly her. The frog and uniform coupled with the phane and skirt are a dead giveaway.
willardhwrightMar 2, 2017 7:37 AM
Mar 2, 2017 8:48 AM

Jul 2016
lTl__lTl said:

sry bad grammar Q_Q

I'm not sure if my memory serves me right based on Chaos;Head frog phone strap sound, from what I remembered on it, the sound Takuru heard on the video was the sound being created by the frog phone strap when pressed.
cronoSpirAMar 2, 2017 8:51 AM
Mar 2, 2017 8:55 AM

Jul 2009
So the killer is Hana?

Everything points to Onoe but Hana don't act surprised or shaken by anything until now.
Mar 2, 2017 9:09 AM

Sep 2013
Takuro's lack of surprise or any emotion at that at senri/nono's confession is horrible, the fact she even confessed is all is horrible if you know the VN.
Looks like serika is one of the killers cause the sound is just like the frog toy sound.

Mar 2, 2017 9:26 AM

Jul 2014
Okay, Nono actually being Senri came right out of left field, but as usual Takuru didn't seem remotely shocked, concerned or interested in that fact at all. Other than that, if one of the killers is who I think it is, it would certainly explain a lot about their general lack of involvement up to this point.
Mar 2, 2017 9:33 AM

Feb 2016
Ok, the twist was obviously adapted pretty bad, but overall the episode was interesting, albeit a little slow. I like how things are turning now, definitely surprased my expectations of the series, I hope they don't ruin it in the end.
Mar 2, 2017 10:07 AM

Dec 2014
well I she was actually senri...I bet the criminal is someone from the club...I bet it is the headphones girl
Mar 2, 2017 11:16 AM

Jul 2015
Great episode. The plot twist about the nono was good and i didn't expect that.
Onoe seems to be involved but i don't think she is the killer, maybe she also being mind controlled? or somehow forced to work for the killer.

Anyway, whats bother me is that in the Dates of new gen. madness, someone with a special power (a Gigalomaniac) had to be killed but in the last one (28th) only Yui was killed, so does that mean she was also a Gigalomaniac?
John_MaxMar 2, 2017 11:33 AM
Mar 2, 2017 2:54 PM

Jun 2014
We got some interesting reveals in this episode and a backstory about Nono with a plot twist. After reading some people's comments on here, I think I might be getting an idea of who the killer potentially is. Who knows, I could be wrong.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 2, 2017 4:36 PM

Oct 2012
The Nono twist was done well imo.
Also while it wasn't completely obvious, I think we all kinda saw that Onoe was a lot more conspicuous throughout the series. The reveal was well done but while I wasn't sure that Onoe was involved, I already had a bunch of suspicions about her.
I mean I most likely just jumped to conclusions but before they established that Taku was a psychic, which seemingly explained the unlocked door at the hotel and the hospital, I was suspicious because both times the door was left unlocked for no reason, and Onoe was present both times.
ibraheem234 said:
well I she was actually senri...I bet the criminal is someone from the club...I bet it is the headphones girl
You should go back to ep 1 and listen intently around the 32~34min mark of the double ep. I think you'll come to see who is most suspicious if you watch again
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 2, 2017 10:54 PM

Jan 2011
dat Nono Twist explains why shes been so level headed about everything going on

Serika mad suspect now for me it's been that way since the cafe scene but now it's almost confirmed
Mar 2, 2017 10:57 PM
Mar 2017
gust11 said:
You should go back to ep 1 and listen intently around the 32~34min mark of the double ep. I think you'll come to see who is most suspicious if you watch again
You have a good point in that an i noticed that when theres an event or something important happens an she's around she's squeezing the frog on her phone chain thingy.
Mar 2, 2017 11:02 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Did not see that Nono plot twist coming, that was a really nice reveal. To think Nono was actually Senri all this while. We finally got her full backstory as well.

Interesting revelations by Itou, good job at remembering all that man. So we got 2 culprits, the sound at the end was definitely as someone mentioned above similar to the headphones girl hitting the boxing gloves and the frog toy. There was also a shot of someone holding a cellphone with the frog toy and the uniform design also seems to hint at it being Onoe. I guess this makes Onoe a prime suspect for now.

Hope Nono is gonna be okay, whatever she plans on doing that is.
Mar 3, 2017 1:00 AM

Dec 2015
willardhwright said:
OtakuOne said:

Look at the end again. There is a gero-kaeru, and https://s22.postimg.org/u1forufc1/sshot_153.jpg this is clearly her. The frog and uniform coupled with the phane and skirt are a dead giveaway.

Oh... Thanks for answering my question...

Now my gut feeling was right.
Mar 3, 2017 2:51 AM
Mar 2012
lots of mysteries.
So Nono is Senri with Nono's appearance from the wish. Then who's the pink pyrogrill (or were those all delusions Taku & Arimura had)?
Frog sound, well Onoe's been suspicious since early on, sometimes leaving Takuru at random times.
Itou mention 2 suspects came in the club. Still no idea what gamergrill does.
Nono & Onoe leaving Taku smells like they'll butt heads or cooperate on something.
So even the hotel police, Watabe, Arimura were controlled at some point.
Vomited seals were fake, because the killer was at the school panel and couldn't risk a giga delusion trigger (so a student/teacher).
Mar 3, 2017 3:11 AM

Feb 2016
gophercg said:

So Nono is Senri with Nono's appearance from the wish. Then who's the pink pyrogrill (or were those all delusions Taku & Arimura had)?

From the previous episode it was revelaed that the pyrogirl was Riko Haida, which everyone thought was an alias of Senri, but they were actually 2 different people. We can assume someone knows Senri is alive and wants to kill her. I don't think the killer is someone from the club, though, but we have a lot of suspicious characters. I wonder if Uki also knows something.
Mar 3, 2017 9:08 AM

Nov 2011
So Serika is one of the killers most likely, and I'd say Hana is the other. It would make the most sense but we'll see. It's kind of stupid if she would kill the sister because they didn't save Senri because other then seeing her suffer what is Serika's connection with Senri?
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 4, 2017 4:20 AM
Jul 2011
I think that Senri maybe continue disguise herself as nono or change backed to her real identity and take on her real identiy as senri.
Mar 4, 2017 4:24 PM
Jul 2011
The Female Protagonist only Calls Takeru "Taku" And Takes Takeru to The Scenes And Has A Perfect Body, Consequently The Only One That Resembles Rimi of Chaos;Head Is Serika Not The Vice President Senri Or Nono.
Mar 4, 2017 4:50 PM
Jul 2011
Jonny_Mhl said:
So the killer is Hana?

Everything points to Onoe but Hana don't act surprised or shaken by anything until now.

I Completely Think That the Female Protagonist Only calling Takeru "Taku" And Resembles Rimi Is a Serika, BECAUSE Vice President Nono\Senri Does Not Calling the Protagonist "Taku".
Mar 5, 2017 12:07 AM
Jul 2013
I think the killers are the two girls from their club, red and blue hair
Mar 5, 2017 1:34 AM

Apr 2009
Nono was in fact Senri all this time? Did not expect that. No wonder she seemed to be rarely surprised by a lot of things Takuru told her. Real-booting her appearance to change to Nono's is completely plausible within this anime's universe. This actually opens up more possibilities as well.

It is a rather curious thing why Hana is listed as a main character in this anime, even though to date she has not been seen overtly involved in anything significant or noteworthy. Key words: seen, overtly.

After this episode, this makes sense to me now. I'd say she's a main character being deceptively presented like a side character; when she is likely deeply involved in the plot. Probably just as much as Serika is.

Whenever something significant happens, Serika is often conveniently there. Thinking about it, her actions and inputs to Takuru and friends do appear to be more convenient/useful than it should if she were a mere bystander to all of this.

Rather than being someone with really sharp hearing, as she claims she simply "overheard" things, early on I did think of the possibility of her being a psychic as well... maybe she really is one, or even the both of them are. I didn't expect her to be a major suspect as this episode has just revealed.

Both Hana and Serika, right until this episode were always being presented in a subtle, non-threatening manner... almost as if to draw attention away from them...

I am looking forward to what more the next episode might reveal about them.
ColdlightMar 5, 2017 1:38 AM
Mar 5, 2017 3:51 AM
Jul 2011
gophercg said:
lots of mysteries.
Frog sound, well Onoe's been suspicious since early on, sometimes leaving Takuru at random times.
Itou mention 2 suspects came in the club. Still no idea what gamergrill does.
Nono & Onoe leaving Taku smells like they'll butt heads or cooperate on something.
So even the hotel police, Watabe, Arimura were controlled at some point.
Vomited seals were fake, because the killer was at the school panel and couldn't risk a giga delusion trigger (so a student/teacher).

I do not think it is taku and arimura's delusion or every one's delusion but is delusion of taku.
Mar 5, 2017 4:50 AM
Jul 2011
Characters Resemblance:
Takeru = Takumi
Nono - Senri With Appearance Of Nono = Nanami Younger Sister of Takumi
Serika = Rimi
Hana =Kuudere Ayase
Mio = Aoi
Uki = Yua
Itou = Daisuke
Mar 5, 2017 4:52 AM
Jul 2011
I think that The Producer of Chaos Child Highly Likely\Certainly Planning to Make A Chaos;Head Like Ending - the Main Character\Protagonist Eventually Rescued By one of the Female Protagonist.
Mar 5, 2017 12:24 PM

Oct 2015
Kek what about that one girl who is always playing on that computer
I wasnt paying attention to any of this episode except the end but it was something about using the interwebs often

And at the end that nibba chopping his own fingers off xD
Man this anime is comedy gold, especially the last episode
ur mum gay lol
Soundcloud - Lunar Aura
Mar 5, 2017 4:53 PM

Jan 2014
Dear God, can someone tell me if this show is ending soon? Like 12 episodes? 20? How much more? I can only suffer so much bs, and I don't want to drop it if it's 12 episodes.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Mar 5, 2017 7:10 PM

Nov 2015
Remember in ep 7, "Nono" insisted that Senri never knew Itou and much less fall in love with him? Well thanks to this ep, she's making total logical sense.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2017 7:43 AM

Feb 2016
Zelev said:
Dear God, can someone tell me if this show is ending soon? Like 12 episodes? 20? How much more? I can only suffer so much bs, and I don't want to drop it if it's 12 episodes.

It's supposed to be only 12 episodes. Maybe that's one of the reasons everything seems so unfocused and uninteresting, but I've heard the VN is very good.
Mar 6, 2017 4:19 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, Hana is still pretty non-character so far..

It was interesting twist but coupled with horrible infodump. Also, the mystery is just wearing me off, I don't care anymore as there are a lot holes left untold in the anime.

Well, and we all know everything happens just to make MC awake... If I have to guess, Takuru is just delusion of delusion, like wtf protagonist.

Senri seems like a kid of Church of the Divine light woman and N.O.Z.O.M.I.'s employee, kinda deja-vu combination if you ask me.

Really didn't enjoy this lately, characters feels weak and I can't believe he even defended Itou in the hospital. Yeah, blame someone else, that's always the best.
But the real question her is WHY? Why everything is happenning now? I can't see any valid reason for anything that's happening... *sigh*
First Chaos;Head (the game at least) had at least some consistency, this anime.. well, they make it look like they are investigating something but it's ultimately just the path full of plot devices they are treading on.
Mar 7, 2017 1:57 AM

Dec 2009
Well the one thing this anime keeps doing right is not devolving into a big derpy hero fight, it's sticking with the suspense horror.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Mar 7, 2017 8:26 AM

Feb 2016
Mich666 said:
Really didn't enjoy this lately, characters feels weak and I can't believe he even defended Itou in the hospital. Yeah, blame someone else, that's always the best.

Well, he didn't act like a normal human while commiting the murder.. he was obviously controlled by someone else.
Mich666 said:
But the real question her is WHY? Why everything is happenning now? I can't see any valid reason for anything that's happening... *sigh*
First Chaos;Head (the game at least) had at least some consistency, this anime.. well, they make it look like they are investigating something but it's ultimately just the path full of plot devices they are treading on.

It's a new "New Generation" series of kills that seems to connect to the previous ones, happening on the same dates. There's someone trying to copy/continue them and probably knows more about the gigalomaniacs and Senri. Obviously experiments are still going as the hospital was still active.... I mean, people are murdered in bizzare ways, it's normal for cases to be investigated lol.
Mar 8, 2017 10:57 PM

Mar 2009
I don't understand anything anymore.
Mar 9, 2017 10:44 PM

Oct 2008
Episode 8 twist! Nono isn't really Nono but actually disguising herself as Senri.
She also died in the Great Shibuya earthquake along with her parents.

kramXD said:
I think the killers are the two girls from their club, red and blue hair

I think it's MC or twin-tailed yellow haired girl...
matias067Mar 9, 2017 10:56 PM

Mar 11, 2017 11:30 AM

Jul 2009
So Nono was not Nono, but Senri...
Mar 18, 2017 6:23 PM

Feb 2013
I figured Nono for a psychic... but that twist... did not see that coming.

... and then she goes out by herself without telling anyone... :sigh:
Mar 21, 2017 11:36 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nono in reality is Senri!!!! Incredible, here the powers are miraculous!!!
I feel afraid, because if someone can be "Donald Trumpy" disguised!!! O__O

I have a new theory, Ito, yes the boy that is hurt in the hospital, i think, i supose that he committed the crime, but not influenced for other person, i think all is a tail that he invented!!!!
Apr 2, 2017 11:46 AM
Oct 2007
One thing I didn't get it was why did Senri keep going back to the hospital herself YET when both the scientists came to pick her up after the incident, she sort of remember the horrible things that they did to her there and run away. Either that or her mum kind of force her to go by dropping her at the hospital everyday?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2017 5:47 AM

Mar 2015
So Nono was Senri this whole time!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 28, 2017 8:37 AM

May 2012
A bit softer of an episode than the previous ones, but in general nice progression!

More topics from this board

» Does this take place in Steins;Gate timeline?

rikuhod - Jan 18, 2017

14 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Jun 19, 2023 8:27 AM

» The Dubbed Version

PersonaTexas - Jan 17, 2016

3 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
May 14, 2023 4:54 AM

Poll: » ChäoS;Child Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2017

88 by MilesCampbell »»
Apr 3, 2023 1:14 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;Child Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2017

45 by MilesCampbell »»
Nov 18, 2022 9:04 AM

Poll: » ChäoS;Child Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2017

58 by Dogstideta »»
Oct 8, 2022 7:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.