Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, is Serika going to become an enemy of Takeru now? Seems that way..

The suffering continues. Takeru just can't catch a damn break in this show. I really hope Takeru isn't pushing himself over the limits from the recent revelations.
Mar 22, 2017 11:12 AM

Jul 2014
Delayed by Crunchyroll due to production issues. Again. How many times is that now?
Mar 22, 2017 12:48 PM

Dec 2014
Crazy episode, Step-Dad completely broke Takuru.

So basically Step-Dad's motives were to use Takuru's powers as Gigalomaniac for further experiments and theory-crafting since he felt Takuru had potential for unsurpassed real booting power given that he actually real booted a person. Looks like we are dealing with a real Sunovabitch Mad Scientist here*Insert Maniacal laughter and "It's so cool" here* XD

The delusion fight was pretty cool, I totally didn't expect that the fight was only a delusion. Serika is dead now but wouldn't Takuru be able to real boot her again if he wanted to?

Lot of references to the committee in this episode, wonder how it's all gonna end next episode.
Mar 22, 2017 12:51 PM

Feb 2016
I heard the anime might not adapt the true end, because there wouldn't be enough time for 1 episode.

It was an OK episode IMO, the twists were nice, although the dad really end up being a total psycho.
inb4 serika alive again and kick ass together in the last moment.
Mar 22, 2017 1:42 PM

Apr 2011
another showdown for yet another cruel villainous reason against _not surprisingly enough_ another corrupt adult just like its predecessor. (dammit Committee...)

everything just loses its steam when it all boils down to a fuckin Di-Sword battle.

I enjoyed the mystery and suspense while it lasted so it'll be nice to see this end next week.

They hadn't mentioned Takuru's wish.
Mar 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Feb 2016
1 more episode, and we all will be sent into insanity, into Chaos...

that aside, episode felt a bit rushed. I'm still wondering what happened with Takuru
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 22, 2017 3:57 PM
Apr 2016
In all the honesty, this is underwhelming in all aspekts compared to the Occultic;Nine. I will have to consider THIS to be an off-spin by some amateur, otherwise I would lose faith in science-fiction adventures series.
Re:formed
Mar 22, 2017 4:04 PM

Oct 2011
Omg what the...
How all of this is going to end next week.
Mar 22, 2017 4:57 PM

Oct 2012
Still wondering what Takuru's wish was. I'm also disappointed because I seem to have tried too hard to make connections between Takuru and Takumi. I thought for sure that something would be revealed that connected the two, considering that the murders happened on the same day, and exactly like Takumi, Takuru is being framed as the mastermind.
Hope they at least address his wish next ep

Hope they can wrap this up in a satisfying way next ep
Chaos;Child world confirmed for Kingdom Hearts 3, they were even generous enough to give us a sneak peak at the keyblade we get
gust11Mar 22, 2017 5:07 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 22, 2017 6:05 PM

Oct 2012
Yeah, bullshit. Horrible example of fucked up trainwreck. My big antagonist-san can't be this BAD!

Honestly, this episode could probably work BUT only if they did proper characterization before. And his 'dad' being behind all this? His best friend killing his sister? (how?) Serika killing everyone around him to save him? (ffs, why? o_O) Yeah, that's a joke of the plot.

Glad, it's only one ep and this mess is over.
Mar 22, 2017 8:25 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Crazy episode, Step-Dad completely broke Takuru.

So basically Step-Dad's motives were to use Takuru's powers as Gigalomaniac for further experiments and theory-crafting since he felt Takuru had potential for unsurpassed real booting power given that he actually real booted a person. Looks like we are dealing with a real Sunovabitch Mad Scientist here*Insert Maniacal laughter and "It's so cool" here* XD

The delusion fight was pretty cool, I totally didn't expect that the fight was only a delusion. Serika is dead now but wouldn't Takuru be able to real boot her again if he wanted to?

Lot of references to the committee in this episode, wonder how it's all gonna end next episode.
Agreed on everything but I am VERY curious and terrified to see how this ends lol

And I hope that Not Nono isn't dead >.<
Mar 22, 2017 8:37 PM

Dec 2014
OMG takeru is a little twisted up in the end...how this all end...huh
Mar 22, 2017 11:06 PM
Mar 2016
WTF Takeru created Serika,how?

So, it's Serika and Step dad all along.
Mar 23, 2017 2:12 AM
Dec 2012
Why I didn't drop this long ago, very bad episode full of wtf moments and meaningless wannabe "twists"
I was hoping for a better adaptation after ep 3, but all my hopes have been shattered .
Mar 23, 2017 3:15 AM

Apr 2010
Well...a "meh" episode, at the limit of the "bad".....well i expected something of this series, but after a couple of episodes, I understood that my dream were not going to realise xD the devellopement is really strange, no real explication of what happen, or how this happen, most of the time, and this go for more bullshit, animation not really good....well it can be worse, but it can be far better.

let see how the last episode is going to end this show, all I can see now is a power up of the hero (an hero ? that "thing"...i dont have choice to call takuru a hero, but not in the good term of the word, really), then he kill this antagonist, and then remake Onoe and the antagonist into a good father, and hop, the family don't know what the dad wanted and can be reunited with takuru, dont forget Nono who make a come back => happy end.
Mar 23, 2017 6:42 AM

Sep 2015
Really, people are wondering about things that were explained episodes ago?

Are they paying attention to the series and what is explained?
Mar 23, 2017 6:54 AM

Aug 2015
Nayout said:
Really, people are wondering about things that were explained episodes ago?

Are they paying attention to the series and what is explained?

Explain what you mean?
Edit: Oh sorry I misread your post. Ignore what I said.
SirLezardMar 23, 2017 7:19 AM
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Mar 23, 2017 7:21 AM

Jul 2014
Much better episode than the previous few, but then for this show that isn't exactly saying much. Mind you, it might still be interesting to see how this ends next week, if nothing else.
Mar 23, 2017 8:08 AM

Feb 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
In all the honesty, this is underwhelming in all aspekts compared to the Occultic;Nine. I will have to consider THIS to be an off-spin by some amateur, otherwise I would lose faith in science-fiction adventures series.

SciADV series are fine. Better lose hope in proper adaptations. :p
Mar 23, 2017 9:04 AM

Jul 2012
What is happening or why is it happening? What's the point for all those characters? Seems like the twists were kinda interesting, but i just don't know why should i care. Mb because the buildup was so crazily rushed (i assume it was), the story feels so uninteresting ...
Well i think i can handle 1 episode and mb the ending will be the greatest thing never seen before (who am i kidding).
Mar 23, 2017 9:16 AM

Jan 2015
I like the fact that they changed some details in the opening, e.g. Takuru is shown playing with himself in his childhood, or it's Senri instead of Nono in particular moments
Mar 23, 2017 9:28 AM
Jan 2017
Hmm it seems that they left a lot of stuff
VN translation when?
Mar 23, 2017 10:07 AM

Feb 2016
abibyama said:
Hmm it seems that they left a lot of stuff
VN translation when?

Unofficial sources from leaks say somewhen this year.
Mar 23, 2017 11:27 AM

Dec 2009
And we're back to di-sword battles. Why does it have to get clusterfucky at the end? We're starting to get a literal repeat of ChäoS;HEAd.

Even a lot of the characters are parallel: twintailed mind reader, long hair psycho, Serika=Rimi (+slightly less damsely)... Takuru aka Takumi II is bullied around by some power hungry fuck, and then sent through mind games and in the end fighting the big bad with di-swords... Takumi had reinforcements, though Takuru is only against 1 idiot with an upgraded version of the backpack, as opposed to a whole Noah II.

I think this whole concept is just too hard for normal story writers to handle, you need bigger brains to handle meta shit like this.
GenesisAriaMar 23, 2017 11:33 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Mar 23, 2017 7:22 PM

Nov 2015
but why she had to die ?
Mar 24, 2017 12:24 AM
Jul 2013
Funny episode, I always love psychological torture, the stepdad rekts Takuru lol

Gotta feeling Serika ain't dead yet, I love her, she's hot
Mar 24, 2017 1:49 AM

Feb 2008
Well I think they will cover a bit of true route but they probably will do it again without much explanation stuffs and probably will just get to important part in plot.
I wouldn't be surprised if they actually going to skip some explanation.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 24, 2017 1:13 PM

Aug 2016
It was an okay episode. Of course the plot twists weren't amazing, decent at best. Di-swords suck as always but the psychic powers were cool.

One thing that I'm a little confused about this episode is that his father said that he manipulated both Serika's and Takuru's mind. Then he went and explained how Serika's realized it was a delusion and didn't fight back. So did he manipulate them at the same time and made them kill each other? So in the end Takuru did kill the fuck out of Serika?

I still like Serika even though the series is a huge disappointment.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Mar 24, 2017 9:27 PM

Dec 2007
Stepdaddy character has no motives. Psycho Dad, I am disappoint.

I'll be dropping it now and just wait for the VN to be translated. Can anyone give me one proper reason to undrop this terribdad adaptation and I'll reconsider.
Mar 24, 2017 11:38 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I have to say Chaos;Head anime adaptation was actually much better than this.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 25, 2017 3:48 AM

Dec 2008
Serika disappeared from the op with the kid Takuru.
Chaos;Child's Gigalomaniacs really are barely any different from normal people. Quite the let down from Chaos;Head.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2017 8:35 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Boring episode and inncesary, because the most important of the plot in summary is arround 2 minutes of duration!!! The rest of the plot is filling!!!

Sakuma-sensei, about the science obtain the power to change "your reality" with the dreams/nigtmares. He has a beautiful sword. Very nice for "Halloween"!!! Takuru killed Serika in dreams, and with his great power can not defeat to his "father" adoptive!!

Very disspointing i am.... how don´t change in the next, and last episode, the plot, a spin or twin plot, this series will end how ... :(
Mar 25, 2017 10:06 PM
May 2014
Di-sword battles just sucks, they ain't nesessary and make all become like a fantasy anime and not a scify as i think this anime is intended to be. I just melancoly tough that if Chaos;Head were made with something like this quality could be a lot better :/.
Mar 26, 2017 4:05 AM

Jul 2009
Dad is crazy as hell...actually this whole thing was kind stupid...
Mar 27, 2017 8:03 AM

Oct 2008
okay...this is like b0ss fight! MC vs villain father...
3/5.

Mar 30, 2017 6:08 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Which Kingdom Hearts character was his dad again?

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 31, 2017 1:24 AM

Mar 2009
Damn. This show went downhill fast. What happened?
Mar 31, 2017 9:50 PM
Mar 2012
Villain motive: mad scientist FOR FUN!!!! ehhhh
So mc's been used as lab rat, his family sacrificed for his "growth".
Brainwash/delusion ability op.
Serika reveals fake wish, why? what's the real wish we've waited so long? & parents why?
Female doc: closer to committee outside Shibuya. wut makes pointless sense u still not gonna find em.
Lolipop detector wut?
fights were nice but why... wat...
i am your father... Nooooo...
Apr 5, 2017 5:00 AM
Oct 2007
Daniel_Naumov said:

Wasn't Steins;Gate the only exceptional show out of the entire science-fiction adventure series?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2017 5:49 PM

Feb 2013
What the... I don't know but I kinda liked it. Di-Swords are always cool.

Nice connections back to Chaos;Head.
Apr 15, 2017 10:28 AM

Feb 2014
So all the killings were for.... nothing!
Just because a crazy villain wanted to have some little fun.

That's why animes like this get low scores. The reasons behind the scenes are just pathetic.
TechOtakuApr 15, 2017 10:32 AM
May 16, 2017 1:36 AM

Mar 2015
Meh Taku doesn't set me on fire in his role as MC

Still, to find out all those killings were just cause it was more fun was a pretty brutal confession
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 28, 2017 12:33 PM

May 2012
Pretty great buildup and development in this episode, really looking forward what the last episode has to offer!
May 29, 2017 10:29 PM

Apr 2012
wtf when the dad knocked him off the stage he rebounded of nothing instead of hitting the chairs
Jan 12, 2018 2:55 PM

Jan 2013
starwars empire strikes back all over again. featuring taku as wimpy luke and sakumahisashi as "i am your father" for those who couldn't make that analogy on their own.
Nov 18, 2022 9:04 AM
Jan 2022
fine. it was FINE!!!

More topics from this board

» Does this take place in Steins;Gate timeline?

rikuhod - Jan 18, 2017

14 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Jun 19, 2023 8:27 AM

» The Dubbed Version

PersonaTexas - Jan 17, 2016

3 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
May 14, 2023 4:54 AM

Poll: » ChäoS;Child Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2017

88 by MilesCampbell »»
Apr 3, 2023 1:14 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;Child Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2017

58 by Dogstideta »»
Oct 8, 2022 7:56 PM

» CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF THE VN IS BETTER?

Takamura-sama - Jan 26, 2017

10 by Platypus900 »»
Aug 4, 2022 2:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.