Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Scum's Wish
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 9, 2017 8:12 PM

Jun 2015
Hanabi and Mugi seems to be getting closer. She wanted to go all the way, but couldn't handle it. Akane manipulating Kanai was savage. Her stab against Hanabi at the end was so vicious.
Feb 9, 2017 8:18 PM

Mar 2016
Akane is savage af. She held nothing back during the ending scene.
Feb 9, 2017 8:47 PM

Jan 2017
I had to, now back to finishing the episode!
Feb 9, 2017 8:48 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

The opening scene was pretty bittersweet.

So Mugi actually knows the truth about Akane, what drives him to like her then?
The rooftop kissing scene was so good, Hanabi was so cute there. <3

The episode showcased the characters of Mugi, Hanabi and Akane really well, Mugi was corrupted in the past, Akane is just bored and Hanabi is drowning in loneliness which will probably lead to her own corruption.

Akane played Kanai just as expected, that ending was pure savage. I wouldn't be surprised if Hanabi just broke down right there.
Feb 9, 2017 9:06 PM

Jan 2017
Oh my god that ending scene. Poor Hana,

The beginning scene was also really good, I wonder what makes Mugi like Ms Akane so much. :thinking:

And the rooftop kissing scene was nice, Hana's so cute :0
Feb 9, 2017 9:31 PM

Oct 2015
Akane just trashed Hanabi like its nothing. Damn manipulating two men like it nothing.
Feb 9, 2017 9:36 PM

Aug 2015
"Did you know we've never done it when you've wanted to before? So this makes us even." Holy shit, lines like these and the introspection into each character is why I love this show. The director and writer pair for this series were great choices too.
Feb 9, 2017 9:41 PM

Aug 2013
Epir said:
This is the best romance anime since White Album 2

You definitely get a +1 for that comment.
Feb 9, 2017 9:45 PM

Aug 2013
slicesofcake said:
@Mich666 So you're telling me that sex only counts if it's with a guy? As a girl myself, I do know how a vagina works, thank you very much. Whether you're inserting a finger or a penis for the first time, it hurts either way. It gets better with time. And yeah, her being nervous makes the pain worse.

I just don't get why you need to have sex with a guy in order to not be considered a virgin anymore? Sounds like the "lesbian sex isn't real sex" trope and that's real lame.

Come to think of it though, depending on the girl, penetration still hurts after the first time. Some girls take more time to get used to it until it doesn't hurt anymore. So it makes perfect sense that Hanabi feels pain, and it would still make sense if she'd been with a guy before, too. If anything, Mugi is the one who doesn't know how vaginas work.

I agree with your last paragraph though.

In all fairness though, regardless of whether lesbian sex counts as losing your virginity to many people, it does not to everyone, and to someone who didn't even consider themselves bi until she was coerced into sex, she very well may not consider that as losing her virginity. Your idea of virginity probably aligns in most cases with your sexuality, until you reach an age where you think about it more from an outside perspective. Nonetheless, it would be unreasonable for her, who is not a lesbian, to NOT be confused. Ecchan probably considers that as losing her virginity, while Hana has to think about it.
Feb 9, 2017 9:50 PM

Nov 2011
Jesus...every fucking week with this anime! It's INSANE!
Hanabi just constantly thinking about Akane even when in bed with Ecchan.
Then we get plenty of Mugi moments...FINALLY!
Calling up the ex though...damn that was craze but awesome.
Then for Hanabi and Mugi to make out and know exactly they were with someone else...I think there definitely was some jealously there.
There was DEFINITLY jealously when Mugi saw the bite mark was not his...I thought it was cool how he claimed back what is his. Though he's a fucking savage for stating "What you don't want the other one to see it?" DAMN DUDE!

He even let up while they were trying to have sex. he stopped covered Hanaabi up and tried to console her. When he said Your wrong or Stupid (I forget exactly what he said) for having sex so bad, I kind of agreed with him. She was pretty hesitant before and basically wanted to rush right into it. He obviously saw Hanabi in pain as well.

Her laying in bed alone killed me. I get you have some shit going on but you HAD MUGI IN BED WITH YOU! Ugh I wanted to shake Hanabi in this episode.

Needless to say though Akane is still and will always be a fucking bitch. She gets her rocks off when Narumi calls her "Hana" Like come on bitch you're an ADULT! Then your going to drop that non-sense to her at the end? Jesus dude savage level over 100%

Honesly at this point I'm not shipping anyone, I just hope no one; Kills themselves, or Murders someone...unless it's Akane getting murdered.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 9, 2017 10:21 PM
Dec 2011
According to one of the omake in the manga, Hanabi is still a virgin.
Feb 9, 2017 10:28 PM

Sep 2012
slicesofcake said:
@Mich666 So you're telling me that sex only counts if it's with a guy? As a girl myself, I do know how a vagina works, thank you very much. Whether you're inserting a finger or a penis for the first time, it hurts either way. It gets better with time. And yeah, her being nervous makes the pain worse.

I just don't get why you need to have sex with a guy in order to not be considered a virgin anymore? Sounds like the "lesbian sex isn't real sex" trope and that's real lame.

Come to think of it though, depending on the girl, penetration still hurts after the first time. Some girls take more time to get used to it until it doesn't hurt anymore. So it makes perfect sense that Hanabi feels pain, and it would still make sense if she'd been with a guy before, too. If anything, Mugi is the one who doesn't know how vaginas work.

I agree with your last paragraph though.

Just saying but the original creator of the series is a female and considering she has created hentai previously where you know, hymen and blood always has to do with taking the virginity for hentai and also, the tropes for it are typically only through penetration. I guess as a female, she just doesn't count it and she uses her influences from hentai.
Feb 9, 2017 10:30 PM

Sep 2014
That end move by Akane was pure evil, poor Hanabi :(

I honestly prefer the chemistry between Mugi and Hanabi over everything else in the series, it just stands out a lot more than what is going on between Hanabi and Ecchan.

In the end Hanabi simply does not want to be lonely :(

Also the subs were kind of off near the end, pretty annoying.
Feb 10, 2017 12:42 AM

Oct 2013
I have to wonder, if Mugi's sexfriend didn't notify him about Akane's general bitchiness, would he still be able to figure it out? Or would he have become a sheep just like Kanai-sensei?

I feel bad for that girl though. It's pretty obvious that she is still in love with Mugi (I appriciate the directing choice to give visual hints instead of telling us through words). I think she's the only character in this entire series that isn't completely fucked over, as she seems to deal with this unrequited love a lot better than Hanabi can.

I absolutely love how this show pokes fun at the typical male protagonist found in your typical run of the mill romance shows by way of Kanai-sensei. I personally think that the worst male protagonists usually show up in romance animes, probably because all the focus is put on making the female lead vibrant and appealing (both in personality and character design) in contrast. Barely any effort is put into these characters, and Akane constantly repeating "boring" really puts that into perspective. It makes me extremely excited to see how his character will implode once he realises what is actually happening. At the end of a show that features a character like his as the protagonist, a happy ending of some sort would occur, so seeing the absolute polar opposite of that result happen to him is going to be a fucking treat.

I guess I have to mention the last scene too because FUCK. Akane just can't put the breaks on her savagery, man. RIP in pepperonis Hanabi's sanity.
Feb 10, 2017 12:47 AM
Sep 2013
I just realised this show completes both the "Sensei" and "Oniichan" kink in one go! xD

And damn! I am really enjoying the sex/makeout scenes in this show...like the seiyuus are ON POINT!
Feb 10, 2017 1:14 AM
Apr 2011
Epir said:

Yeah. White Album 2 seems way more realistic than this though. Guess we are all sick of harem rom-com crap.
Feb 10, 2017 1:29 AM

Dec 2014
''I hate pain, but it feels so good.''

>Me while watching this anime

We're not even halfway there, heck, the girl with the twintails hasn't even done anything yet, and this is starting to really hurt. Like, I felt like I wanted to cry at the end of this episode, but I couldn't. Even now I still feel kinda off. Don't know if I'm ready for what's coming..
Feb 10, 2017 1:47 AM

May 2010
When will we have another Moka episode.
Feb 10, 2017 2:07 AM

Jun 2016
Well Written Ideology and heavy dialogue.... in every character plus new strong and desire developments... which may been expose...

Reminds me of Oregairu so much <3!!

And again.. That Damn Hypocrite Prostitute Wench...!!! Engaging in a compensated dating with a strange old man....Now this is the truth you speak off, she do everyday on some unexpected routine Tsk... THE MOST BIGGEST SCUMBAG EVER sure know hows to pick victim
I still despised her sexual act desiring men... Since Mugi didn't know her true colors..
this is why he's so obsessed with her a lot..

And again...

This music brought me a lot into it...
HikiNEET021Feb 10, 2017 2:13 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2017 2:33 AM
Nov 2016
Akane is the best girl of the season right now.
*handsdown*
Feb 10, 2017 2:40 AM
Jul 2018
I literally got a heart attack when at the beginning of the episode she saw Akane instead of Ecchan for a mere second. I wonder what that meant.

Aside that, amazing episode as usual. I really liked the ending and like the fadeaway (??))) it succeeded in conveying that Hanabi is now like really breaking down. I feel so bad for her :/
Feb 10, 2017 2:43 AM
Nov 2016
Sooooo many feels!!

My heart just breaks for Hanabi everytime I watch a new episode. I guess Mugi does genuinely care about Hanabi as when they started making out on the roof, it seemed like he wanted her very badly.

Akane is being such a bitch now!! Uggh, the way she's hurting Hanabi is uuugggghhh
Feb 10, 2017 2:50 AM
Jul 2018

digging this ed song holy shit!

another slut move "ichata" fuck off cunt.
ffs mugi and hanabi unconsciously love each other like idiots plz creator of this dont ntr this.
Feb 10, 2017 3:21 AM

Mar 2015
Akane-sensei continues to be a hideous slut
Kanai-sensei just got played
Hana got reckt
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Feb 10, 2017 3:28 AM

Mar 2016
Good episode this week.

We've got a bit more of Mugi compared to the previous episode. Looks like he knew the kinda person Akane was which is good, would have been kinda pissed if he was really that naive tbh xD
I WANT TO RIP AKANE'S HEAD OFF. What an asshole. I feel really sad for Hanabi. That ending scene :'( Fuck you Akane, Ughh!
I absolutely love the OP and ED of this anime. They're just sooooo good. I could listen to them over and over again :D
Curious to see how Hanabi is gonna react to the fact that Kanai and Akane had sex. She's not gonna take it well :(

Feb 10, 2017 3:29 AM
Oct 2016
This episode is very steamy... but also cute at the same time. Mugi and Hanabi seemed to be more distant but both are starting to realize their true feelings about themselves.

Just a hunch though, I got a feeling that Akane is starting to like Kanai though she doesn't seem to show it much and denying it and only uses him.

And as usual, the ending always leave us with something that struck our heart.
Feb 10, 2017 3:39 AM

Apr 2016
TokyoSanchez said:
I have to wonder, if Mugi's sexfriend didn't notify him about Akane's general bitchiness, would he still be able to figure it out? Or would he have become a sheep just like Kanai-sensei?

Even if he is relatively clever, it's really hard to sense one's true nature if you don't see this person behavior (IMO). Furthermore he was in love and very very young so it's even harder for a young boy like him to suppose Akane is a calculating toying man-eater. In the long term though he would have understood it since he is not stupid.

One of the best selling point of this story is that Mugi is not the typical extremely dense extremely shy extremely boring extremely altruist main male character. It's almost groundbreaking. He has his good side but also a bit of selfishness and he is not morally virtuous. What's more? He pities Akane (superiority complex?) like so many men who look at their wife/beloved one like at a weak creature they must protect.
I like him a lot.

I feel bad for that girl though. It's pretty obvious that she is still in love with Mugi (I appriciate the directing choice to give visual hints instead of telling us through words). I think she's the only character in this entire series that isn't completely fucked over, as she seems to deal with this unrequited love a lot better than Hanabi can.

I don't think Mei (Hayakawa Senpai) is really "in love" with Mugi but rather that she has affection toward him. I would say she is the "I don't want to suffer so I try not to get emotionally involved" type.
In spite of that, we saw Mugi almost crying when they kind of "broke up" and she showed indeed in this episode signs of jealousy. When there is warmth exchange, sometimes there is something more coming through. That's the way I see it in this case and I love this approach.

I absolutely love how this show pokes fun at the typical male protagonist found in your typical run of the mill romance shows by way of Kanai-sensei. I personally think that the worst male protagonists usually show up in romance animes, probably because all the focus is put on making the female lead vibrant and appealing (both in personality and character design) in contrast. Barely any effort is put into these characters, and Akane constantly repeating "boring" really puts that into perspective.

I didn't see it that way until I read your comment but you're probably right. So far in the story Kanai-Sensei is the "pure white" boring dense male protagonist we find in many romances. I'm glad he is not the main character.
Ysad_ZiwezhanFeb 10, 2017 3:46 AM
Feb 10, 2017 3:43 AM

Jul 2016
A heavy episode. The emotions being portrayed through their desires are well done. Mugi and Hanabi starts to feel close to each other, but they are now anxious, if they should love each other, even though they have already done it with others, Hana with Echan, Mugi with his senpai. Although with the build up, they started to feel good with it.. This episode really showed how so seductive Akane was and how she easily got Kanai. The ending was so cruel. I really wonder what lies ahead with this show, if we are already getting such an intense and emotional episodes like these, what more will we possibly get with the future episodes. *shivers* I'm scared but can't look away. Dx
cronoSpirAFeb 10, 2017 3:46 AM
Feb 10, 2017 4:02 AM

Dec 2012
Gonna enjoy these episodes until Mokashit is in action

lmao I cant believe there are people who believe touching someone=having sex smh
Feb 10, 2017 4:03 AM

Oct 2015
WatchesAnything said:
I really hate the feeling that I get while watching this anime but I really want to watch it until the end. Ughhhhhhh

Same here the feeling of emptiness i get from watching this anime is unimaginable
Feb 10, 2017 4:08 AM
Feb 2017
I really like hanabi and mugi kissing again ... And i hope akane got pregant LOL
Feb 10, 2017 4:08 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Akane is going to obliterate beta teachers heart any moment now just to prove her power. Hanabi is going to be a wreck too.

Mugi's childhood friend is very sexy.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 10, 2017 4:42 AM
Apr 2015
Akane is such a little bi*** I cant put it in words.
I don't understand why Mugu KNOWS how she really is and he can still love her.
Phew.
And I somehow like the chemistry between Hanabi and Mugi...
Feb 10, 2017 4:53 AM

Jan 2014
Is it just me or does Akane bleed Spanish soap opera villain? (Only 3 times younger, has less make-up on and doesn't wear feathers on her head)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2017 5:00 AM

Jul 2016
x3mslayer said:
Everyone in this show is fucked up. I love it.
Yeah, I love it too, and there is no turning back for them, keep going into the darkness...
Feb 10, 2017 5:14 AM

May 2014
@Ysad_Ziwezhan
What did you think of the symbols and the directing this episode. Was it subtle enough unlike last time? Or were the sex scenes so much that they desensitized you?
Feb 10, 2017 5:19 AM

May 2014
Boy oh boy do Hana and Mugi have some crazy chemistry...especially when you compare it to their intimate scenes with other characters (i.e. Ecchan and Mei).

More development for Mugi which is always appreciated!
Turns out he is 100% aware that Akane is a slut, and he doesn't really mind...in fact, it might've made him like her even more XD

It just seems as though he only likes or is instinctively attracted to women that are basically sexual predators...the ones who might seek him out or have more experience- like Mei and Akane. That way he can continue being in the safety net of physically reciprocating, but not really initiating. Like...he called Mei, but waited for her to bring up the topic of sex even though that's what he wanted from her anyway. He still manages to dance around the subject!

Ofc Hanabi is inexperienced so he can't do that with her...the situation is different and the guy seems pretty freaked about sleeping with her. Plus, Hana isn't as needy with Mugi as before bc she has Ecchan in the backlog- I don't see her accepting Mugi's half baked relationship proposals when Ecchan is already head over heels for her!

Oh and that ending scene with Akane- that is such a slap in the face!! Talk about kicking a dog when it's down!!
Strawberrycake48Feb 10, 2017 5:23 AM
Feb 10, 2017 5:38 AM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Dat ending tho.

Love this show.

I hope it ends with them all getting a different STD lol
Feb 10, 2017 5:48 AM

Dec 2015
Best episode so far. I like how they show the thoughts of the teacher (how she doesn't like boring stuff). Also some background info on Mugi.
Feb 10, 2017 5:53 AM
Jul 2016
WatchesAnything said:
I really hate the feeling that I get while watching this anime but I really want to watch it until the end. Ughhhhhhh

You're not the only one. As some who's past his teenage I cringe while watching this episode. Geez why can't they just be honest like Mugi (who's not fucking dense after all) probably should've given a hint about Akane to Hanabi already..you know, about how fucked up she is and how to steer away from her.
The concept of Hanabi and Mugi's relationship is stupid enough..making each other an escape from reality until one of them actually get to be with someone they actually wanted. That will never work against normal people but this is an anime after all.
Hate the part when they make out and almost have sex out of nothing. Hate it more when Hanabi said she wants to love Mugi legit. Girl make up your damn mind please.
I also hate it more that Ecchan tries to force her yuri on Hanabi, I'd be like "mate I don't swing that way!".
But well, all this can happen because they're teenagers alright. They're unstable and still oblivious of their true self.
That being said, I'd like to see this to the end because the conflicts made outta stuff I'd hate to see irl get more interesting.
Feb 10, 2017 5:56 AM
Jun 2016
This was adapted quite well. Probably one of the stronger episodes as this ep was more character driven that the last ones.
Feb 10, 2017 6:14 AM

Apr 2016
T3hSource said:
@Ysad_Ziwezhan
What did you think of the symbols and the directing this episode. Was it subtle enough unlike last time? Or were the sex scenes so much that they desensitized you?

I didn't like some details again, with akane again but also with Kanai-sensei : his embarrassment and voice looks and sounds too much like he is 13 years old.

On the other hand, I want to point out these are details, I love this show and its strengths let me easily overlook what I don't like. My main interests are Hanabi and Mugi and they got everything right (voice acting, character's depth), it's almost perfect how they aren't perfect.
Feb 10, 2017 6:18 AM

Jun 2008
TragicRomance said:
When will we have another Moka episode.

Soon I hope. I really started to like her when I read her POV. I think people who find her annoying now, will sympathize with her later.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Feb 10, 2017 6:31 AM

Jul 2015
Just waiting for Hanabi going full yandere.

Feb 10, 2017 6:33 AM

Sep 2015
MaliPiksi said:
This anime just makes you feel so empty, im on the edge of breaking down watching this

WatchesAnything said:

i woldnt say this anime makes you feel empty or that i dislike it one of the best things about it is thats it makes you feel though oft not a good feeling.
I really really feel like rewatching every episode after it airs but im holding back to binge this and at its end easiy AOTS for me.
i really hate akane but this anime would suck without her an hannabi's relationship that stab at the end of the episode omg air next ep now plz
Feb 10, 2017 6:44 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Boi, that ending tho.

STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 10, 2017 7:08 AM
Jan 2016
I don't know how to feel about this episode
It was weird
I loved the part of Akane-sensei she's still an interesting character for me even though she's a horrible person
Mugi is my favorite character of this series
Feb 10, 2017 7:08 AM

Nov 2015
Funny scenes in this episode that made me lmao:
- When Hanabi and Mugi were about to have sex, and she said it hurts.
- When Kanai asked Akane's permission in the motel.
- When Mugi thought about ruining Hanabi.
- The flashback about Akane dating an old man.
Am I the only one to think that way ?! Maybe not.
Anyway, I learnt new things about the characters. I think Kanai may have feelings for Hana even if they're that strong. Hanabi and Mugi are as terrible as Akane lol. Maybe, they will find their answers in the future.
Feb 10, 2017 7:24 AM

Jul 2016
Takamura-sama said:
Uhm.. am I the only one wanting to cry and is actually sad..
I punched my pillow when I heard akane say that she had sex with that teacher..

Why..? I hate this feeling. It feels like my heart is breaking and I just wanna disappear.

Almost makes me feel exactly like school days

I am glad that I am not alone with it.
Feb 10, 2017 7:26 AM

Mar 2015
GenesisAria said:
Epir said:
Are you kidding me? White Album (1 or 2) have nothing on this, and i really liked White Album 2. This is the best drama i've seen in anime... like, ever.
PS: this is love drama not really romance.

I didn't mention either seasons of White Album, I was talking about the separate anime from 2013, called White Album 2, which is my favourite romance anime of all time. The director behind it is working on Kuzu no Honkai which explains why it's so good so far
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2017

433 by unbigou »»
Mar 24, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

250 by AniGreek73 »»
Feb 17, 5:46 PM

» Live Action

JSeanaY - Dec 18, 2023

5 by Asudox »»
Dec 29, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

159 by Sanyuu »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:06 AM

» I want to watch it but I don't want to watch it.

Ronin_Sensei - Sep 13, 2023

48 by Zarutaku »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.