Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Interviews with Monster Girls
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 28, 2017 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tetsuo sensei is such a nice guy. I like how he comforts Yuki when she got depressed.
I also kinda like the small talk + character chemistry between him and Satou.

Also interesting to see Hikari stand up against those mean girls. You go Hikari!
Glad to see others standing up for Yuki. Hikari's personality is still so damn entertaining to watch in this show :D

That Himari girl is also more amusing than I had thought.
Stark700Jan 28, 2017 7:24 AM
Jan 28, 2017 8:08 AM

Apr 2010
Yuki's case was solved tho with a bit of meddling from Hikari.
The Demi class was nice tho Hikari made a mess of it again with her hugging, poor Satou didn't get a hug tho.
It was also nice to see Hikari's sister being protective and suspicious, she cares about her sister a lot.
Jan 28, 2017 9:44 AM

Oct 2016
Good way to handle it Hikari, nice job!
Jan 28, 2017 10:05 AM

Sep 2015
Best episode, I give the first part a perfect 5/7 *-*
Jan 28, 2017 10:11 AM

Apr 2013
Oh man. Dem feels in this episode and cuteness overload was almost just too much especially during that "hug" session. Throw in some more kawaii-ness from Himari at the end, and...

Can't wait till the next episode.
Jan 28, 2017 10:18 AM

Jan 2015
Good thing Tetsuo is an understanding person. To make Demi cry in front of him...
And Hikari, really thank you for that hugging idea. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 28, 2017 10:22 AM

Sep 2011
This episode felt lacking compared to the previous ones, but sometimes a weaker episode like this can make the following ones shine brighter.
Jan 28, 2017 10:42 AM

Dec 2013
Hikari was amazing as always, I think maybe because she had a trauma in her past, she was so eager to help yoki something related to her parent I guess.that part with the gossip girls was really so emotional.
Poor saki sensei didn't get a huge ;((.
The dialogue between himari and sensei was funny as if he was reading her mind lol but also quite deep .

AlhakamJan 28, 2017 12:13 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2017 10:48 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Hikari was way too awesome this episode, Love how she spoke her mind to those gossip girls.
The Hugging scene were really nice, Poor Satou-sensei, she totally wanted a huge. XD That Takahashi-sensei reaction to Machi. xDD

Takahashi is a really great guy though, I love how he spoke about truly understanding Demi's by accepting both their human side and their Demi side. That was a very nice answer. :)

Himari is also pretty cute. :3
Jan 28, 2017 10:49 AM

Apr 2015
Somehow I get the feeling Hikari might turn out to be the demi with the most problems. I can totally see her building up this genki facade in order to protect herself from something.
Jan 28, 2017 11:10 AM
Nov 2016
The part where the teacher talks about individuality as a human vs being a demi was extremely mature and made me like him a little more.
Jan 28, 2017 11:14 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Fappa said:
Somehow I get the feeling Hikari might turn out to be the demi with the most problems. I can totally see her building up this genki facade in order to protect herself from something.
I was thinking the same thing. Beside her bubbly nature, the huge hint was she mentioned she was doing it for her sister.
Jan 28, 2017 11:23 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Hikari is the real MVP....Such a great episode filled with feels and hugs :)

And that speech from Takahashi at the end was just beautiful
Jan 28, 2017 11:29 AM

Apr 2015
Oh what I also loved about the episode was the direction which became very apparent to me after re-watching it and with the input of other people. I love the constant theme of interpersonal barriers that was brought across through visual clues like this one here!

Props to the guy who caught up on them as they are scattered throughout the episode.
Jan 28, 2017 11:29 AM

Nov 2008
Aversa said:
Yuki's case was solved tho with a bit of meddling from Hikari.
The Demi class was nice tho Hikari made a mess of it again with her hugging, poor Satou didn't get a hug tho.
It was also nice to see Hikari's sister being protective and suspicious, she cares about her sister a lot.

The sisters are both extermly close loyal and protective of each other; more or less a promise between the two of them on a personal level is like writing it in stone.
Jan 28, 2017 11:39 AM

Sep 2014
This episode was more of a build up to the coming ones but it was quite nice too, also i'm very interested to know more about those siblings.
And Tetsuo continues to be a lady-killer lol but he still panicked when he felt Machi's boobs.
Oh yeah and am I the only one who hoped he would hug Satou too? but of course that'd cause problems since they're both adults.
Jan 28, 2017 11:48 AM

Nov 2009
Is it the rumored "bullying" episode? Did the authors made it work right?

senoy2 said:
Oh yeah and am I the only one who hoped he would hug Satou too? but of course that'd cause problems since they're both adults.

More like, it's okay for them to hug, because they're both adults.
But with Satou-sensei's powers, it would be an adult hug, and might progress to H-scene instantly. And they don't have such a relationship yet.
Jan 28, 2017 11:49 AM

Jun 2015
- hee hee.
- Ha ha .. nani ?
- Hee hee hee !
- Ha ha ha, dakara nani ?
Jan 28, 2017 11:56 AM

Aug 2016
Did anyone else notice Himari having 3 legs at 20:20?!
Nanika ga Okashii
Jan 28, 2017 11:59 AM

Jun 2015
Hiraki was awesome in this episode when she stood up for Yuki. Testou getting hugs from the girls was nice. Poor Satou wanted a hug. The conversation between Himari and Tetsuo was funny. His answer to her question really shows he understands both sides.
Jan 28, 2017 12:00 PM

Apr 2015
flannan said:

I think the author as well as the animation staff made it work out extremely well. In fact the whole "bullying" from its reasons and execution to its conclusion was very interesting.

First off there was general misunderstanding between the victim and the attacker here. Our demi assumed her treatment is due to her origins as an Ajin whereas the attackers did what they did due to something that even a non Ajin could have done. Takahashi brought this difference in perspective on point with one of his lines

"If you just see traits unique to demis, you'll miss their individuality. If you only see the human side, you won't understand their troubles."

Yuuki only looked at herself as a demi ignoring her individuality as a result whereas the two girls talking smack about her only saw her from a human side which let them miss Yuuki's reasons as a snow woman for being like that.

What I also thought was really good how the two girls actually brought arguments for what they did instead of doing it out of pure spite or reasons that fall flat. I know it might be different for everyone but I've witnessed "everyone does it, so why shouldn't I" downplay several times in my life and hell I've even applied this as a reasoning myself, probably to make myself feel better.

And at last I liked how this whole conflict reached its conclusion. By being confronted with their misdoing and especially being confronted by the person they've done wrong to they realized their behavior and most likely also realized that they can't use this excuse in order to feel less guilty about what they do.

So yeah in my opinion this was very well done.
Jan 28, 2017 12:04 PM

Sep 2014
Oreodesu said:
- hee hee.
- Ha ha .. nani ?
- Hee hee hee !

THAT was hilarious :D
Jan 28, 2017 12:05 PM

Sep 2014
flannan said:

senoy2 said:

More like, it's okay for them to hug, because they're both adults.
But with Satou-sensei's powers, it would be an adult hug, and might progress to H-scene instantly. And they don't have such a relationship yet.

Yeah, and as we saw last episode even Tetsuo can't handle a succubus's charm.
Jan 28, 2017 12:12 PM

Dec 2013
Oreodesu said:
- hee hee.
- Ha ha .. nani ?
- Hee hee hee !

Lol I love this part from episode 1 lol
AlhakamJan 28, 2017 12:21 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2017 12:38 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Absolutely beautiful episode.

I had to hold back a few tears when the bullies apologized to Yuki. That was a great moment for her.

Hikari certainly helped out, but there's definitely more to her story with her sister. I'm interested.

Satou was really cute getting close to Takahashi.
Jan 28, 2017 12:39 PM

Sep 2013
Bullying and FEELS episode, I didn't sign up for this :'(

Jan 28, 2017 2:16 PM
Nov 2016
Succubus sensei is desperate for hug :D
Jan 28, 2017 2:17 PM

Aug 2015
Satou-sensei was the only one to not get a hug. 0/10 episode. /s
Jan 28, 2017 2:21 PM

Dec 2009
I just realized something.............

The ice girl...

she is

delicate.

At any rate, it was a cute and funny episode~
GenesisAriaJan 28, 2017 3:05 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 28, 2017 2:31 PM

Dec 2014
tetsuo sensei is such a likable guy to watch too... I hope Succubus sensei ends up with him
Jan 28, 2017 2:34 PM

Sep 2014
Takahashi is the best teacher someone could have :)

Also good on Hikari for standing up for what she believes in :D

GokuJan 28, 2017 2:42 PM
Jan 28, 2017 2:50 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Satou Sensei is still best grill, but Hikari is pretty darn cute too.
Jan 28, 2017 2:57 PM

Oct 2008
gotta say, the hug scene was straight up weird. it's completely a harem in scenes like that, but it's being coy about it which actually makes it worse...
also it's bothering me how flawless takahashi is.

on the plus side, the scene where yuki apologises to those two girls in the bathroom was very moving. more focus on that kind of thing please.
Jan 28, 2017 3:05 PM

Dec 2009
Some people will freak out about the hugs, but most anime watchers aren't aware that teacher-student contact, as well as teachers visiting homes, is not unusual in japan at all. Actually it's becoming less popular now, but used to be pretty normal: teachers were expected to care about their students and mentor them, even if it meant overstepping their parents.

I, frankly, agree with that. Teachers should be very important people to children.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 28, 2017 3:28 PM

Jan 2016
Shirasho said:
This episode felt lacking compared to the previous ones, but sometimes a weaker episode like this can make the following ones shine brighter.

Iam with you on that. While i was pleasantly surprised by the first three episodes, this one really fell flat for me. Maybe Iam getting to old for this but seeing teenage girls getting all depressed because overhearing someone call them acting conceited isnt my cup of tee. Or maybe Iam already tired of watching this, I guess the next episodes will show...
Jan 28, 2017 3:56 PM
Jul 2018
This teacher is one lucky man.

GenesisAria said:
Some people will freak out about the hugs, but most anime watchers aren't aware that teacher-student contact, as well as teachers visiting homes, is not unusual in japan at all. Actually it's becoming less popular now, but used to be pretty normal: teachers were expected to care about their students and mentor them, even if it meant overstepping their parents.

I, frankly, agree with that. Teachers should be very important people to children.

The series is intended to be a harem romance, so expect more than just hugging.
Jan 28, 2017 4:06 PM

Jun 2016
Great show, really liking it.
Jan 28, 2017 4:14 PM

May 2015
Man, I absolutely loved this episode! First half was wonderful and the second half was highly enjoyable. Great balance. Can't wait for the next episode!

Jan 28, 2017 4:20 PM
Nov 2010
Man that denied hug had me laughing too hard
Jan 28, 2017 4:26 PM

Jul 2013
Takahashi-sensei's speech as the end was really quite something. It actually made me think some things about the demis and how much the interaction with human beings can affect them.

The scene of the bullies was less dark of what I imagined. In fact, the bullies reacted more or less well.

Poor Satou-sensei didn't had her hug :(
Jan 28, 2017 4:39 PM

Mar 2016
Oreodesu said:
- hee hee.
- Ha ha .. nani ?
- Hee hee hee !
Haha yeah I laugh at that part too
No seriously.
Jan 28, 2017 4:54 PM

Nov 2011
This episode had me screaming "Yes YES!!! This anime is so FREAKING GOOD"! I love Takahashi sensei.

He is so interested in Demi's and he comforts Yuuki. he then notices her tears are turning to ice (freaking awesome btw) He could have then gained some interest in that and asked questions but no, he worried about Yuuki and her feelings and what she was dealing with.

Then Takahashi and Satou have a nice somewhat grownup conversation about not only helping Yuuki out but helping out all the Demi's in the school. (Ship the hell outta Satou and Takahashi btw).

Then Hikari...I'm surprised how much I love Hikari, she's usually the type of character I hate in anime but her stepping and and being like "Nah, f*** these girls"and giving them the business was EPIC!!!!

That Hugging scene had me in tears, both Laughing and sad. When he hugged Hikari, Machi made one of the funniest faces I've seen.

Then Satou sensei was SO HUNGRY for one, and Takahashi disallowed her. Hilarious but I felt terrible for Satou.

Then Yuuki got a nice comforting hug...that got me a little bit T_T

Then Machi's body...CRYING people. Oh my lord hahaha. "Why did you make that noise sensei?" HAHAHHA

Finally the scene with the sister was nice, then hilarious.
"You Demi loving Sensei!"
"I don't deny that, but still!!"

Protect all of these characters..PLEASE!!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 28, 2017 4:59 PM
Oct 2015
LETS HAVE A ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR HIKARI FOR STANDING UP FOR YUKI.
arguably the best episode thus far
Jan 28, 2017 5:08 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode as usual. I guess there will only be 4 demi humans introduced.
Was really looking forward to seeing how the Succubus hug would turn out.
Jan 28, 2017 5:15 PM

Jan 2013
Satou's face when Tetsuo sensei rejected her a hug ahahaha
Tetsuo sensei is such a nice guy.
Hikari is always so nice and she is getting even cuter with every episode :3

Best girl <3

@Goku
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 28, 2017 5:16 PM

Jan 2014
The hugs kind of creep me out tbh. I don't think you're allowed to have contact like that with a teacher xD Against rules or w/e

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 28, 2017 5:21 PM

Oct 2013
Hikari was brave to confront the two gossiping hags like that. Between Hikari and Yuki the two were shamed. Sensei was wise to hang back and let Hikari and Yuki handle it themselves.

Satou is so adorable when she's enthusiastic. I thought Sensei would faint when she leaned all the way over the table like that, and had he hugged her I'm sure he would have dropped dead from a heart attack. It was funny when she almost admitted that she wants to ask Takahashi advice too.

Hikari's sister mentioned something about Sensei talking to her parents. Maybe their parents are giving Hikari a lot of friction? I'm looking forward to Takahashi visiting their house.
Jan 28, 2017 5:36 PM
Nov 2010

Ah good old reddit with the gifs
Jan 28, 2017 5:39 PM
Nov 2012
demi chan hard to focus on when it goes from really great to typical trope fest 24/7 (like ''teacher hugs the ''shortweirdhairhugetitgirl (golden rule, short hair+weird=mega tits, always~)'', insta ''EMG BOOBS''~

+succubus chick kinda meh
Jan 28, 2017 5:40 PM

Jul 2016
This episode alone has just ascended the entire series for me I usually don't do anime ranking by seasons. But, damn this has moved up to my 3ard favorite series of winter2017. not counting the sequels. the bathroom confrontation was done phenomenally and was very refreshing because it took an unexpected route it was very mature on how Hikari handled it and even the bullies response were unexpected. I love that it did not end in some glorified fist fight while at the same time being realistic with their dialect. Yuki coming to apologize for coming off a certain way were icing on the cake!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

216 by VetrandR »»
Apr 11, 4:58 AM

» This series would probably be better with at least SOME ecchi... ( 1 2 )

--ALEX-- - Feb 14, 2017

55 by tectacles »»
Feb 18, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

142 by tectacles »»
Jan 30, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

148 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 27, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aversa - Jan 7, 2017

190 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 26, 10:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.