Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 31, 2016 6:36 PM
Mar 2016
Neromon said:
This is legitimately one of the worst anime I've completed and I can't believe it has the same author as my beloved Hellsing Ultimate.

Not only is the action very sparse considering that's its supposed genre, even when it's there it's just... boring. The characters are actively annoying, the humor is retarded, the plot is very thin and dull, even the visual style is mediocre. This is a rare case where there's absolutely nothing positive I can take away from a show.
damn. if this is the worst anime youve seen, you must not have seen a lot of anime
Dec 31, 2016 6:37 PM
Mar 2016
anyway, this was an amazing series. i loved it. 9/10 definitely watching s2
Jan 2, 2017 3:55 AM

Jul 2008
Holy crap so he was Hijikata....damn Toyo he's not one to be fucked with.

And Mitsuhide is also here, oh joy.
Jan 2, 2017 5:41 AM

Mar 2009
VanishingKira said:
Turned out better than expected,ever since the elf uprising episode (episode 5) it got progressively better by the episode 7/10 (from the initial 4/10 it was in the beginning).

S2 in 20XX (2020?)

pls tell me that's wrong,that too long of a wait

Next season in the year 2099 GET HYPE.
Jan 3, 2017 2:51 AM

Oct 2013
The fight scene between Toyo and Hijikata was intense, and Akechi Mitsuhide joined as a new player in the fantasy world, this should be even interesting, can't wait for the 2nd season since it has been confirmed

Friggin' love the series, All the historical heroes meet fantasy creatures, looking forward for more episodes

Overall score 9/10
Jan 5, 2017 7:38 AM

Dec 2011
Good to know that we'll have a second season! Looking forward to it.
Jan 5, 2017 12:40 PM

Apr 2016
Yay, nice show and cool last episode.

I like the mix of action and comedy with the historical heroes. But would have liked to learn more about the real "game", who are the two "newspaper readers"?

I would certainly have been more enthusiastic if I had known the heroes better to understand their allusions.

8/10

I will definitely look at the second season.
Jan 8, 2017 9:16 AM

Aug 2016
It was pretty fun. Hyped for second season. Solid 5/7!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2017 10:43 AM

Apr 2014
Rehls said:
Damn, this is too much (that body).

Gotta find a wallpaper of here for my laptop.
left us hanging waiting for S2.
---------My Profile------------
Jan 11, 2017 4:49 PM

Jan 2010
Show was ok, I feel like there was potential wasted. Maybe 2nd season will better, I hope so, it could be great. 6/10
Jan 13, 2017 5:48 PM

Mar 2012
Quite an enjoyable series, definitely hyped that S2 whenever it comes out :)

I guess the comedy wasn't for everyone since some people thought it was bad but I felt it was pretty good the majority of the time. It was a nice balance of violence and comedy. Now I wonder how Oda will react when he finds out Mitsuhide has been brought to this world as well xD
Jan 14, 2017 9:16 AM

Jun 2013
I enjoyed that fight between Shimazu and Hijikata. I love Hijikata no matter what series he's in, he's always my favorite character and one of my favorite real life historical Japanese figures.

I wish they featured him more in the show. I like the ENDS characters more than I do the Drifters tbh.

I'm looking forward to the second season.
臭い-
Jan 16, 2017 9:06 PM
Oct 2011
shizu said:
Good to know that we'll have a second season! Looking forward to it.

Completely agree. This show was absolutely awesome. So much fun to watch.

Also, the OP song and visuals are still is still stuck in my head.
Jan 17, 2017 7:29 PM

Aug 2014
Overall pretty good, my only gripe of course was the comedy. Somehow it managed to be even more jarring than in Hellsing, but what it does have over it are the characters (there's not a single one that dominates the whole show like in the case of Alucard), and the story.

Season 2 should be fun.
7/10
KashKetchumJan 17, 2017 8:03 PM
Jan 27, 2017 10:14 AM

Jul 2009
Toyo is amazing like always!
Looking forward to the 2nd season, I hope we will get to know more about the Black King. 8/10
Jan 28, 2017 1:09 AM

Dec 2012
I am looking forward to see the new season. This anime had hellsing vibes. I didn't like Hellsing, but I wonder why I loved this anime. The animation of the fights, the opening and all the scenes were beautiful.
And the madness of Toyohisa was so nice to watch. Great beginning for this immersive universe :)
Jan 29, 2017 3:49 AM

Mar 2015
If this was a setup for the second season, at the very least they made it one heck of an action-packed ride!

9/10!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 29, 2017 11:32 PM

Jan 2014
I wish the drifter would have more supranatural power like The End so they could match in term of power.
Jan 30, 2017 3:32 AM

Jun 2011
I had pretty high expectation for this series before coming into it, but it turned out to be completely different from what I expected. The series overall was really meh, there was a lot of badass or cool (in GAR sense) moment, but the need to inject some sort of comedic relief really kill the feel of the show. There's also a lot of exposition/talking rather than showing/doing the act which can get boring after a while. The action itself wasn't anything special, not to mention the subpar animation to go along with it.

This is like Nobunaga the Fool but with more gore, less impressive music score, less charismatic main protagonist, less fun action scene etc.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 4, 2017 1:55 PM

Jan 2014
First Jeanne, now Hijikata. After their respective fights they hate Toyo even more, yet they feel a sense of recognition from him, which they missed in their life on earth, what in turn drove them to become Ends. I wouldn't be surprised if Toyo ended up converting those two.

Enjoyable show overall, though I would still have preferred if they'd made a genuine historical samurai anime in the style of the first few minutes of the first episode. Especially now that it turns out the writers apparently had a fair bit of knowledge, not just of history, but also of classical swordsmanship (first time ever I've heard Jigen Ryū being mentioned in an anime, and in the right context too!).
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Feb 6, 2017 1:02 AM
Oct 2011
Final score: 8/10, one extra point just for style. The animation could've been a bit better though, there likely wasn't enough time to polish it up before the show aired. This is definitely one of those shows that was not made simultaneously while it was airing that much is clear. Also considering how long it is going to take to get the second season it might've been better to release this in OVA format, that way it would've been possible to polish up the animation too.
Feb 7, 2017 5:11 PM

May 2012
While it wasn't bad, I did expect this anime to be actually a bit better.
THe visuals and animation are of course superb but the actual story was for me a bit lacking from time to time.

Still a pretty crazy and a heck of an intense anime in the end!
Feb 21, 2017 12:50 PM

Jul 2010
Pretty good anime I`ve enjoy it till the end.Cant wait for season 2 :))))
Feb 23, 2017 11:03 PM

Jan 2012
The comedy parts sucked. It ruined the feel of the show
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 4, 2017 1:23 AM
Mar 2017
there has to be a season 2...the calmest mofo (toshizo hijikata) went berserk cuz of toyos attitude towards him and his mentality...you cant end ANY anime on a note like that...cant wait for season 2
Mar 11, 2017 5:16 PM

Aug 2011
Strawberrycake48 said:
Typical that it ends right as the real fun gets started! Luckily there was a second season teased right at the end there, we just don't have a date confirmed yet.

As a finale it was pretty underwhelming, but knowing there will be more eventually doesn't make the ending feel so paramount.
We definitely need to get some concentration on that huge cast next season bc so many awesome characters were introduced, only to be completely neglected after their introductions...and then there are more characters introduced! So frustrating!!

I'm glad Hijikata didn't die bc I already like the guy- just wished he would've been around more. That ability of his is cool too- kinda reminds me of Rider's noble phantasm in Fate/Zero.
You could tell he was pretty happy that Toyohisa referred to him as a "Samurai" since that's a status he spent his life trying to achieve ;_;

Lol at Toyohisa jumping through a window into some poor family's home, stealing their soup and then throwing it in Hijikata's face. Now that's a guy who knows how to use his surroundings.

Also cannot believe Naoshi is still in that damn forest. It's a sin that he wasn't a major character.

AND DAMN MITSUHIDE!!!

All I can say is... DITTO!

Seeing this was the last episode, I nearly threw a tantrum until the season 2 notification. Yea!!!!!
May 1, 2017 6:56 PM

Jul 2013
Such an amazing ending for the first season.

So Hijikata letting his army pull back and split in little groups was a good idea at first to escape the shelling of the rifles and the arrows. Nobunaga didn't knew how to react on that, of course Hannibal even if it was in such a funny way had the right idea for it (poor berries) xD

The scene where Yoichi was standing on the elves to watch out what the enemy army is doing was hilarious. Communucation balls ftw!

After Nobunaga understood what Hannibal wants to tell them he made a pretty good plan to destroy the enemy army. Again he used Olmines stonewall ability in a super effective way.

Meanwhile Toyohisa was distracting Hijikata who couldn't command his army any more. The fight was nice. At first the fight seemed was relatively even. God I laughed so hard when the dwarf was like "Domo" to the Shinsengumi ghosts xD

At the end you could see that Toyohisa had to absorb a lot of dmg, no wonder he fainted. Will be interesting to see how this will go the next time.

Most important thing that they managed to undertake the capital.

The Black King was right with what he said. Toyohisa and co. got the capital but they also revealed a lot to their enemies. Next time it won't be that easy for sure. And the other problem is Mitsuhide who betrayed Nobunaga now also follows the Black King. That seems pretty bad.

I had so much fun watching Drifters. It's exactly the kind of anime I like a lot. Badass characters, good fights combindes with so much jokes :D

Can't wait for the second season. It's nice that they directly confirmed it at the very end of this last episode.

Overall 9/10 :)

May 13, 2017 9:30 AM

Mar 2015
Very good show.I liked it.
I was disappointed when I saw the comedy and the jokes in the first episodes,but it grew on me,I can say I liked most of the jokes.
And I liked the characters and the interaction between them.

Pretty good character designs too,but a lot of times they look off-model, I'm starting to think this is intentional lol...It kind of goes with the style.
I want them to take their time making the 2nd season,Maybe this way they can improve the animation during fights ,That would be great.

8/10
Toyohisa is da man.
May 28, 2017 7:47 AM

Oct 2012
Even the samurai spirits are respecting dwarves.. Maybe because of their glorious beard xD

Plot armor, you can't kill big villains until it's time
No one escapes plot armor, not even the famous Berserk :P

Aww not Mitsuhide, I'll never understand that guy why he killed Nobunaga historically
Probably disappointment.. Nevertheless he's a jerk

Well despite of some people bashing this anime.. I enjoyed this anime
I don't really care if it's "typical" story gory anime
I still call it enjoyment on my side
I'd love to watch the 2nd season, definitely supporting this series.. That's was a fun journey
"Signature removed"
Jun 15, 2017 3:29 PM
Jul 2018
looking forward to season 2
Jul 6, 2017 11:53 PM
Jul 2018
I think it was alright... but not much more than that. I wonder if I'll even remember it by the time season 2 comes out.

The characters may have been the biggest problem for me in this series since there are too many of them and we barely get to know any despite the time spent, and the main characters are defined by too few traits which get repeated over and over again. Not enough is going on with any of the characters, despite them being historical figures. For example... we know Toyohisa likes cutting heads, respects his uncle a lot and has a strict code of honor he follows, but not much more than that. There were also a lot of characters who barely did anything so it felt like there wasn't a point to even introducing them at all. As funny as the pilot guy was with his cursing, he didn't add anything to the story. Maybe all these characters do more in the manga and season 2 but right now, I think there is a lotttt of ground this series has to make up in the character department for me to give this anime a decent score.

I did appreciate that the historical figures had their own free will, though. It makes me like this series more than Fate where legendary people have to be "servants" to high school kids xD Drifters > Fate. There were a few history quirks and details I appreciated, like making remarks that were era-relative. These were a pretty small part of the dialogue, though. In a lot of ways, the story felt spontaneous and like the writer was making it up as he went along. Not sure how to explain it... but it feels that way. Maybe a lack of anything feeling like foreshadowing? Not much in terms of mysteries and reveals? Outside of wondering who the leader of the Ends is supposed to be and what's up with the glasses guy and the goth loli, there isn't much to wonder about. It's just... events that happen. The rewatch value is basically zero.

That being said, the OP was pretty badass. Probably the best thing about this series lmao.

Would normally give a series like this a 5/10 but I loved the OP a lot so I'll throw it up to a 6 for now.
Aug 6, 2017 5:44 AM

May 2016
Whenever Nobunaga was struggling, Hannibal would go all crazy and give a vital cryptic hint~ Bunching up the separated berries and crushing them in one fall was more than enough for him lol

The swordfight was gorgeously fast-paced and a treat to watch. Enclosing the burning building with a stone coffin wall and awaiting the enemy by the windows was goddamn brutal ♡ Toyohisa was a fucking badass when he let the Blunderbuss fire go all around him from behind before starting a fistfight. They both ended up enjoying the fight as well.

Yoichi getting carried by the elves and the ghosts greeting the dwarf xD
I enjoyed this anime a lot throughout! I'd love to see the other characters take the spotlight like Nobunaga's traitor, the ship captain, pilot and that dude who looks like Ghenghis Khan hahah

Aug 13, 2017 1:38 AM

May 2013
This was great! Gory, badass, yet also hilarious and entertaining. Likable characters, detestable villains. Loved it :D

9/10 from me! I'm surprised to see majority of the forum ppl rating low or in the 7's. I found it to be quite enjoyable and excited for S2 :D
Aug 20, 2017 5:25 AM

Dec 2008
At first it seemed the show had great potential, but it struggled with trying to be cool and action packed, and comedic. Sadly it just wasnt that enjoyable. I will likely watch the 2nd season, but I am not too hopeful for anything spectacular. 6/10 show.
Sep 9, 2017 8:30 AM

Feb 2013
Really intense fights.
The Shinsengumi ghosts were great.
Nov 18, 2017 7:40 PM

Sep 2010
One year later I came for the rewatch and yep it's great watch alright!
Jan 15, 2018 6:17 PM

Feb 2015
Awesome final episode, really enjoyed the fight between Toyo and Hijikata. Last couple of minutes were more of a build up for season 2 so hopefully we do get another season. Overall pretty good show, 8/10.
Jan 23, 2018 4:44 PM

Mar 2013
Really nice series from first to last. Loved the constant battle scenes and war strategies. Team work and characters were really interesting to watch as well. I'm hoping for a second season!
Feb 23, 2018 7:17 AM
Mar 2017
In this episode The Dark King spoke about the middle ages, and Jesus Christ died long before ... perhaps we were wrong? ._. I hope not
(I saw the 2 Ovas in a single chapter having 36 minutes) ... sub Spanish
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Mar 18, 2018 2:11 AM

Oct 2013
DAMNIT I wanted to know if the Black King was Jesus or not. I mean just look at his power
Apr 7, 2018 9:00 AM

Aug 2013
Absolutely terrible comedy.dull and repetitive action but the concept and strategy was still nice to see.
5/10
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Apr 8, 2018 1:45 PM

Nov 2011
Blown away by how much i enjoyed this, i was skeptical about the concept initially and even dropped the show during its airtime and just came back now but it was so worth it. ALL of the characters were amazing, you rarely find a show that can do this, the world building was not as strong but definitely interesting enough, just a bit disappointed we don't have a second season by now. 8.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 18, 2018 11:29 PM

Nov 2013
Loved the fight between Toyo and Hijikata. Seeing Hijikata raging at smug Toyo was glorious.

Nobu being awesome as always; dude knows how to strategize.

That twist at the end. It will be interesting to see when Nobu and Mitsuhide meet.

Overall, great finale. 8.5/10

As for the anime as a whole, I really liked it, not quite as much as Hellsing Ultimate, but it was still great. The comedic gags felt out of place and Yoichi could've been developed more, but I still enjoyed it for what it was; a brutal dark fantasy anime lead by a trio of badass historical figures.

Definitely will be rewatching this when season 2 comes out. 8.5/10

Oct 6, 2018 5:08 PM

Jan 2013
LOL I must be one of the few people who like the comedy.

This show is filled with a lot of fun characters. That was pretty entertaining
Feb 15, 2019 4:36 PM

Aug 2012
I will admit I love the concept of this show perhaps a tad more than what we actually got BUT I still enjoyed this series regardless. The action was bloody fun and the main characters were great.

As a War series this was solid, made better by the sheer madness of it's setup.

8/10
Mar 12, 2019 3:13 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I really hope for a season 2 this was awsome
i really loved it

Jul 14, 2019 11:21 AM

May 2017
took me 3 weeks to finish a 12 episode anime. Thats a fucking disaster. solid 4/10 pretty much disliked everything there is about this show.
Jan 26, 2020 11:27 PM
Feb 2016
Season 2 when?? I remember reading this manga before with its weird artstyle
Feb 20, 2020 4:46 PM

Jul 2011
This was pretty good, even with the wacky premise and the random comedy moments.
Unfortunate this ends so soon, this entire season end up mostly being a prologue of sort.
Feb 29, 2020 3:48 AM

Apr 2009
This show started strong, but failed to maintain it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Drifters Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2016

205 by nick_el_son »»
Jan 19, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

119 by MizuhoKamui »»
Dec 16, 2023 8:44 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

129 by MizuhoKamui »»
Dec 15, 2023 6:38 PM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

81 by fathandz »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2016

92 by fathandz »»
Dec 4, 2023 10:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.