Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 21, 2016 1:39 PM

Sep 2012
shanimebib said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Practicing and staying in a place close to the hall. Almost like a camping! And the four of them are playing cards! Reina, how far have you come?! And of course, Kumiko couldn't fall asleep. Shuuichi and Kumiko in the middle of the night! I was hoping for a lovers' quarrel but no, I can’t believe it went so smoothly. As the hairpin got triggered.

Just before the performance, first Mizore and then Asuka steps in towards Kumiko! That was so powerful if you can relate it to episode 13 of season 1! It shows how close she has become to the members of the band over this short period of time.

Intermission was Shuuichi! And as I readied my body, there was no performance! T_T

Reina actually confessed! And in public too! And everyone realized that Reina likes Taki-sensei but for him! Asuka learning her father's comment was a nice touch! Asuka's final speech was amazing as she riled up her kouhai to win the gold next year as they missed out this year!

But the most beautiful part was left for the last bit as Kumiko found her sister and ran towards her and telling her everything she bottled in inside of her. Even telling her how much she loves her as Mamiko replies saying she loves her too! With this, Kumiko's transformation is now complete. :')

5/5 despite showing us no performance this time around, because this episode has really concluded the anime and it did it gallantly. Thank you, Kyoto Animation.

Let's hope Kumiko wears the hairpin in the end.
Dec 21, 2016 1:47 PM

Jul 2016
To be honest I thought the next episode was going to be the performance episode but now I'm glad that it was this one. This episode did not show the performance. It did not make the characters make a big deal out of the results that other sports anime would (eg. Haikyuu season 1 finale, which in itself was very well done). Kitauji didn't go out with a bang, but with a whimper and I wouldn't like it any other way. It amplifies the determination of the club and makes them know exactly how far they've come from the disorganized band they were in the beginning. I accidentally read spoilers on the results but it was quite predictable. I'm just amazed how well Kyoani focused on things other than the performance. I mean, we've been through it twice before. I'm glad I got the call on Shuichi getting more attention this episode. Next epiosde will surely be his oyster. Finally found enough reasons to give this anime a 10/10. Kyoani has done it again.
raisin-kunDec 21, 2016 1:56 PM
Dec 21, 2016 2:01 PM

May 2012
You yuri shippers are cancer, it was never a thing and was never gonna be a thing.

Really loved this episode, even though they didn't show the performance. I know it would be the exact same thing as the first two times but it was some of the best parts of the show for me.
Dec 21, 2016 2:03 PM

Feb 2014
Despite no performance being shown, this was a really enjoyable episode for me. =)

Bronze is the best that the Kitauji Concert Band could get and I could tell that they were disappointed at not getting gold, but they did very well to get where they are now. Haruka and Asuka's speech to the group at the end was very well done and hopefully, it will motivate the 1st and 2nd years to go one step further than they have achieved today.

Good job on Reina for being able to confess her love for Taki not once, but twice! Seeing her all nervous after her confession was really adorable. =)

Same goes for Shuuichi as well. It was nice that be got Kumiko and cute hairpin for her birthday and she even took it with her into the performance. Regardless of the over exaggerated hate that he gets here, he did something really nice and selfless to Kumiko. =)

One episode left now. I'm looking forward to seeing how the epilogue wraps it up. =D
Dec 21, 2016 2:15 PM

Jan 2012
Bronze? Good...good. Well Asuka got undeserved closure and Reina's confession was pure cringe. At least the sister stuff was nice. This season's best aspect easily. Thank goodness next week's the finale.
Dec 21, 2016 2:19 PM

May 2015
Too bad that they skip performance.

Also Reina, you fucked up. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 21, 2016 2:22 PM

Nov 2007
FlamingMangos said:
shanimebib said:
And of course, Kumiko couldn't fall asleep. Shuuichi and Kumiko in the middle of the night! I was hoping for a lovers' quarrel but no, I can’t believe it went so smoothly. As the hairpin got triggered.

Let's hope Kumiko wears the hairpin in the end.

And gets asked about it! ;)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 21, 2016 2:38 PM

Dec 2016
Give it up already Shuichi, Kumiko is not interested in a relationship.

I wanted to see Taki sensei wear that white suit again.

Wow that must have been some serious competition they were up against to only get a Bronze.

Those were a couple of great touching moments there for Asuka & Kumiko.

3rd season?
Dec 21, 2016 2:49 PM
Jun 2016
I can't believe that they lost like wtf. I didn't think this would have a sad ending after all that has happened
Dec 21, 2016 3:19 PM

Nov 2015
I'm not exactly sure how i'm feeling about this episode. Of course it's sad that they only got bronze but on the other hand it is kinda realistic. This schools band just got back on its feet as a proper band this year. I remember there was a picture which they got Bronze in the club room but that wasn't even nationals. Plus all the problems/drama happened across both seasons, them getting bronze makes sense. I'm especially very sad for last years though since it was their final chance.

I also understand why there was no performance this time. They perform same pieces after all. BUT at the same time it would be befitting for this anime and kyoani to show its greatness in the finale. I can't help but wonder if it would be better if they didn't show the performance scene in episode 5 and saved it for this episode. Or maybe they could show the first required piece "Provence no Kaze" in one episode and the other "Cresent Moon Dance" in another or something like that...

Asuka reached her father, Kumiko and her sister got a wonderful scene, everyone is happy. Now if only they would win gold and Kumiko x Reina would happen... something perfect like that couldn't exist i guess. I knew it wouldn't happen but i will ship them nonetheless.
Dec 21, 2016 3:43 PM

Sep 2013
shanimebib said:

Actually, see you in Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon discussions. Because I think you'll like it.

No, Im not interested in some comedic yuri that will surely be ruined by kyoani. I'll be at Kuzu no Honkai's discussions and I know I'll see you there lol
Dec 21, 2016 3:49 PM

May 2011
Ouch, Bronze. I guess with the increased competition the judges scoring would be a bit harder. But damn Bronze. That's probably like bottom of the barrel score. It's like they pulled the Cinderella story that struck midnight.
Dec 21, 2016 4:52 PM

Dec 2009
shanimebib said:
Reina actually confessed! And in public too! And everyone realized that Reina likes Taki-sensei but for him!
Twice too! Thick-skulled men lol.

I was expecting a performance, and left hanging at the eyecatch (i'm sure we all were), but there was other necessary stuff to cover this episode.

SchwingBoner said:
My ship has sailed. Yurifags on suicide watch.
Anyone who knows anything about the series knows that the yuri was a misdirect (and knew it since before S2 started with that hardcore shipping first episode), unfortunately.

Matetrix said:
You yuri shippers are cancer, it was never a thing and was never gonna be a thing.
You people really do like to get your knickers in a twist, don't you? If Shuuichi didn't exist, it WOULD have been yuri; most of the facts supported it and lead up to it, in a very well structured manner too.

Gurush said:
Now if only they would win gold and Kumiko x Reina would happen... something perfect like that couldn't exist i guess. I knew it wouldn't happen but i will ship them nonetheless.
Haha, right? They did it so good too, and it would have shook the foundations by delivering it surprise into a hugely popular series.

Cirris said:
Ouch, Bronze. I guess with the increased competition the judges scoring would be a bit harder. But damn Bronze. That's probably like bottom of the barrel score.
Bronze is 3rd.
GenesisAriaDec 21, 2016 5:03 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 21, 2016 5:12 PM

Aug 2012
-Hibiyufo's glorious return to musical nostalgia with the lacquer cloth and lacquer polish at the beginning
-Was Kumiko wearing that flower pin in the scene at the beginning of the first episode?
-Strangely enough, this competition doesn't have the atmosphere of stress behind it that the other ones did
-Mizore appearing out of nowhere, giving a fist bump to Kumiko, and immediately walking away was pretty adorable
-The awards ceremony's still pretty nerve-wracking despite the light atmosphere
-Damn, Reina
-No one knows, except for everyone sitting around them
-I was expecting a silver at worst, but it seems Hashimoto's still pretty stoked.
-Small victories
-Haruka crying as she finished her parting speech was pretty adorable as well
-Seems like the setup to Hibiyufo 3 there, or at least an ending in which the Kitauji band just continues working towards net year's nationals

This episode wrapped up the main overarching plotline of nationals, as well as the family drama within the competition euphoniums. Some notable things that happened within the episode itself were the lack of stress in the moments leading up to the Kitauji band's performance at nationals. Looking on it retrospectively, this probably was a sign that the result of the judging would be different from the other times that they've performed for a ranking. The focus on this episode definitely wasn't on the competition performance itself, but how the characters handled the results. I enjoyed the first season a bunch because of the accurate musicianship that it had, but that was definitely subdued in the second season in favor of a focus on characters. Pretty much the only new character arc I was invested in was Asuka's, although Mamiko had a pretty great scene in episode 10 and Mizore was usually adorable after her arc. The characters overall were still pretty consistently some of the better ones I've seen, although a bunch of the characters introduced in the first season got demoted to supporting characters in this one.

Pretty much all of the season 2 episodes at least felt like they had a purpose, unlike episode 7 in the first season. I only rated one of the season 2 episodes as below a 3/5, and that was episode 11 because I wasn't too invested in the Reina/Taki drama. I happened to like season 1's high points better than season 2's high points, though. Basically, season 2 and season 1 were actually pretty comparable in quality. The last episode's probably not gonna change my current opinion of season 2 too much.

Episode itself tied up the lingering plot lines quite nicely.

GenesisAria said:
Cirris said:
Ouch, Bronze. I guess with the increased competition the judges scoring would be a bit harder. But damn Bronze. That's probably like bottom of the barrel score.
Bronze is 3rd.

Each and every performing band is given a gold/silver/bronze rating depending on how well they played, which means bronze is actually the lowest award they could have gotten. The performances of one school are not compared to the other schools and ranked, which means there can be multiples of each level of award.
ThreePercentDec 21, 2016 5:17 PM
Dec 21, 2016 5:18 PM

Dec 2009
ThreePercent said:
GenesisAria said:
Bronze is 3rd.
Each and every performing band is given a gold/silver/bronze rating depending on how well they played, which means bronze is actually the lowest award they could have gotten. The performances of one school are not compared to the other schools and ranked, which means there can be multiples of each level of award.
Ohh!
Well i guess i learn something new (i'm sure i would have picked up on that had i payed attention). That's better than strict competition for top. Is there a way to get no awards?
GenesisAriaDec 21, 2016 5:22 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 21, 2016 6:10 PM
Oct 2015
They could have at least given them silver when every school gets an award for participating and you get bronze that basically means you sucked.
Dec 21, 2016 6:17 PM

Jan 2011
damn Reina slaying me confessed twice! shes got guts ,really sucks that they only got bronze with the fact that they skipped it to save time i knew it wouldn't have turned out to good sad this is the end for the 3rd years couldn't help but have a big smile on my face when Asuka heard she got praised.

for ages now i been trying to wrap my head behind how this Shuuichi thing is going to work besides a few acts of kindness hes barely around so whatever it is it must be big and happen later on, and i can't tell if the love or hate is bigger for the guy
Dec 21, 2016 6:19 PM

Jun 2008
Karmafan56 said:
They could have at least given them silver when every school gets an award for participating and you get bronze that basically means you sucked.
Ummm...you sucked among the best in the nation. That's not a bad way to go.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Dec 21, 2016 6:30 PM

Jul 2015
But there is still one episode left, or am I missing something?

This episode tied everything up nicely but it all felt a bit underwhelming tbh.
Dec 21, 2016 6:33 PM
May 2016
Here we go again with Kyoani tease with Shuichi and Kumiko scene.

Well thanks, Kyoani it was a great episode.
Dec 21, 2016 6:35 PM

Apr 2008
Sorry I doubted you Kyoani, that was a great episode after a previous underwhelming one. I should learn not jumping into conclusions.

My favorite moments:
-Holy shit Reina is a badass. Having guts to confess in front of everyone, let alone in a concert hall in front of strangers and then a second time for real. That totally changed my impression of her: she's still good old Reina after all. Still got politely rejected as expected.
-Buchou is the cutest and is best girl.
-Mizore's fist bump was adorable.
-Asuka's opening up more to other people. Her hugging Kumiko after hearing about her dad was a great scene. Honestly I'm shipping them even though it's never going to sail.
-Kumiko x Mamiko confirmed! Just kidding. Still, it was a such a sweet scene.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Dec 21, 2016 6:59 PM

Jan 2013
Erika___ said:
shanimebib said:

Actually, see you in Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon discussions. Because I think you'll like it.

No, Im not interested in some comedic yuri that will surely be ruined by kyoani. I'll be at Kuzu no Honkai's discussions and I know I'll see you there lol

But... but that manga's trash. The lead characters are the worst people I've ever seen and there's no empathy involved at all.

Why do people like stuff like that? At least Kobayashi is funny.
Dec 21, 2016 7:01 PM

Jul 2013
Asuka of all people complaining about getting bronze made me laugh. She was responsible for almost all the drama this season! The oboe girl situation would have been solved right away if it wasn't for her and she missed like a month of practice.

Asuka is truly the worst girl.
Dec 21, 2016 7:04 PM

Jan 2013
katsu044 said:
damn Reina slaying me confessed twice! shes got guts ,really sucks that they only got bronze with the fact that they skipped it to save time i knew it wouldn't have turned out to good sad this is the end for the 3rd years couldn't help but have a big smile on my face when Asuka heard she got praised.

for ages now i been trying to wrap my head behind how this Shuuichi thing is going to work besides a few acts of kindness hes barely around so whatever it is it must be big and happen later on, and i can't tell if the love or hate is bigger for the guy

Well I mean... her romantic life wasn't the biggest deal. Think about Taki Sensei and how much focus it got with Reina. If you really think about it, it got very few. That's because Reina was busy being developed with her musical talent and personality. Their romantic lives aren't the focus or the most important part of their lives. It's a part of it.

Same with Kumiko and Shuuichi. The whole romance there isn't really contrived imo. They showed that Kumiko isn't honest about herself and how she feels when it came to Asuka's situation and her sister's situation. They hinted at her own dishonesty with her feelings when it came to Hadzuki's confession and now we're at the end and she's being more honest with herself thanks to Reina's influence.

It's like... a culmination of her experiences led to that moment, while it still not being the main focus of the show. It's pretty smart if you ask me.
Dec 21, 2016 7:27 PM

Jun 2015
Welp, I guess that's that. Glad they didn't win gold, that wouldn't have seemed very appropriate, but I wasn't expecting it to happen either. There's sort of a parallel thing KyoAni has going on here; Kitauji wins Bronze instead of Gold, Kumiko and Reina end up being paired with some characters that don't make any sense rather than each other, it all just kind of fits in a perfect, incomplete, horrific kind of way you know? No sarcasm there at all, not even a little! ^_^

Not terribly interested in the last episode at this point, but I may as well see it through. Was hoping for more training/music this season if not romance, rather than all the drama and building upon some relationships I cared more or less for.

Anyway, this comment makes it seem like I hated the show, but that couldn't be further from the truth; not as strong a Season 1, but still a pretty good season overall!
Dec 21, 2016 7:44 PM

Sep 2013
TitanAnteus said:
Erika___ said:

But... but that manga's trash. The lead characters are the worst people I've ever seen and there's no empathy involved at all.

I am following Reina's golden voice. Wherever she goes, that's where I'll be lol. And while you think it's trash, it has everything I want. Better watch serious anime like Kuzu no Honkai instead of a comedy yuri that wont go anywhere.
Dec 21, 2016 7:49 PM

Aug 2008
Had a feeling they wouldn't won when they didn't show the performance.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Dec 21, 2016 7:50 PM

Jan 2013
Erika___ said:
TitanAnteus said:

I am following Reina's golden voice. Wherever she goes, that's where I'll be lol. And while you think it's trash, it has everything I want. Better watch serious anime like Kuzu no Honkai instead of a comedy yuri that wont go anywhere.

Do... do you not like Comedy? Do you not like Criminale, Ojojojo, or Kaguya Wants to Be Confessed to? You're missing out on some really fun experiences if you are.

Serious romances are meh. Romance as a side plot is much better than romance as a main plot more than 90% of the time for me. Kuzu no honkai to me is terrible because the characters are alien to me. Their reason for being the way they are are so inhuman it makes any sense of drama or tension completely null.

I mean... I don't know. I enjoyed watching plastic memories than reading Kuzu no Honkai. I'd be careful if I were you. Taper your expectations. Well it doesn't matter in the end as long as you have fun :)
Dec 21, 2016 7:53 PM

Oct 2013
I thought it was great that they didn't win. Since the novel is almost wrapped up I suppose S3 is a wash, but maybe the author can work on a sequel. I'm interested in seeing where the club goes from here.

For the third years it was bitter. They did make it to the nationals, but get a participation award.
Dec 21, 2016 7:53 PM

Feb 2016
Shuhan said:

Yurifags can gtfo now.

you know, there is no need to insult like that, unless you are talking about the butthurts lol

-----------------------------

btw, there was LOT of stuff going on... there could be better impact if there was a performance... but okay... lets just said that there was a TOTAL lack with the performance and the result in the Nationals... i don't know it feel really rushed...

about Tsukamoto and Kumiko moment, no matter how i look at it, that relationship is forced AF, doesn't even feel real imo, i mean i'm okay with them dating, but at least make it look... real?

that aside, i Screamed like a Fangirl at that Reina's Proposal to Taki-sensei lmao
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 21, 2016 8:28 PM

Sep 2013
TitanAnteus said:
Erika___ said:

Do... do you not like Comedy? Do you not like Criminale, Ojojojo, or Kaguya Wants to Be Confessed to? You're missing out on some really fun experiences if you are.

Serious romances are meh. Romance as a side plot is much better than romance as a main plot more than 90% of the time for me. Kuzu no honkai to me is terrible because the characters are alien to me. Their reason for being the way they are are so inhuman it makes any sense of drama or tension completely null.

I mean... I don't know. I enjoyed watching plastic memories than reading Kuzu no Honkai. I'd be careful if I were you. Taper your expectations. Well it doesn't matter in the end as long as you have fun :)

I like comedy but I have had enough with yuruyuri. And the yuri in Dragon isnt really what a yurifan would want. In kuzu no Honkai, at least Ecchan scored. And no need to warn me, I survived Hibike Euphonium you know. I'm just looking forward to all the shitposting in Kuzu no Honkai discussions. Maybe I'll see you there too xD
Dec 21, 2016 8:32 PM
Sep 2015
good episode overall! but i'm a bit disappointed for not seeing their performance....that confession tho, was awesome!! BUT my ship was still Kumiko x Reina!!!just..no, NO kumiko x shuuichi!!!!!! we didn't even see their relationship development throughout two seasons! I know my ship can't be canon but can't kyoani just end this season with them being (more than) best friends!? don't just force the heterosexual pairings on us to prevent the yuri from happening!!!
Dec 21, 2016 8:42 PM
Jul 2018
LukesYGOonYT said:
Give it up already Shuichi, Kumiko is not interested in a relationship.

I wanted to see Taki sensei wear that white suit again.

Wow that must have been some serious competition they were up against to only get a Bronze.

Those were a couple of great touching moments there for Asuka & Kumiko.

3rd season?

>give it up

Lol just wait for final ep

A certain relationship will be concluded(for more salt ofc) and no since the source material is over no chance for that. Maybe some OVA for vol 4 but I think they will get to adapt some of it in last ep.
Dec 21, 2016 8:57 PM
Apr 2015
I watched the first season but didn't watch the second season because I read that
. I wouldn't mind if they ended up with each other if they had any chemistry in the first season. Kumiko honestly looked like she was annoyed by him every time they talked and I only watched this in the first place for the romance(bad idea). I don't like unconvincing relationships.
IIm_ClutchDec 22, 2016 5:54 PM
Dec 21, 2016 10:18 PM

Mar 2014
Not really in the mood to write a paragraph/so about my feelings for this episode (>4/5ths of it is positive, anyways) so I'll just say this: the ending scene with Kumiko and her sister made me cry.
Dec 21, 2016 10:30 PM

Jan 2013
Wonder what's going to be in the last episode now. Alright, disappointing no performance shown.
Dec 21, 2016 10:33 PM
Sep 2011
I love seeing yurifags comment when the ship crash lol

Just need kyoani to deliver the final blow on next week episode
Dec 21, 2016 10:43 PM

Jul 2011
I choked when Reina confessed, did not expect that. And twice!

Though the part that made me teary was the scene between Kumiko and her sis. :)
Dec 21, 2016 11:09 PM

Jan 2016
That Renia confession.

Really liked the special message for the euphonium players.

Episode went by way too quick for me, every minute was so well used.
Dec 21, 2016 11:21 PM

Nov 2007
TitanAnteus said:
Erika___ said:

I know what you mean. I don't like a single character in that manga but it was kinda my guilty pleasure to be honest. I have put the manga on hold around chapter 34 or 35 I think. It became too much for me to take.

redtailrav said:
I thought it was great that they didn't win. Since the novel is almost wrapped up I suppose S3 is a wash, but maybe the author can work on a sequel. I'm interested in seeing where the club goes from here.

For the third years it was bitter. They did make it to the nationals, but get a participation award.

Takeda confirmed that there will be nothing beyond the anecdote volume (vol. 4) of the Hibike! Euphonium novel. And it seems she liked writing Azusa's story the most which got similar reception as the original story. Although it only has 2 volumes out, there is a chance that she will write a third volume. Isn't it fun to know that a side character of Hibike! Euphonium is the main character of her latest novel? :)

Edit: Takeda also confirmed that her newest novel will be a mystery novel. Gotta give it to her! She already has a romance novel (Today, we breathed together), two adolescence novels (Sound! Euphonium and The Marching Band of Rikka High School) and now she's writing a mystery novel.
shanimebibDec 21, 2016 11:25 PM
Coronavirus.
Dec 22, 2016 12:04 AM

Jan 2011
TitanAnteus said:
katsu044 said:

Well I mean... her romantic life wasn't the biggest deal. Think about Taki Sensei and how much focus it got with Reina. If you really think about it, it got very few. That's because Reina was busy being developed with her musical talent and personality. Their romantic lives aren't the focus or the most important part of their lives. It's a part of it.

Same with Kumiko and Shuuichi. The whole romance there isn't really contrived imo. They showed that Kumiko isn't honest about herself and how she feels when it came to Asuka's situation and her sister's situation. They hinted at her own dishonesty with her feelings when it came to Hadzuki's confession and now we're at the end and she's being more honest with herself thanks to Reina's influence.

It's like... a culmination of her experiences led to that moment, while it still not being the main focus of the show. It's pretty smart if you ask me.
true that makes the hyperbole surrounding all the romance even dumber to point i that makes me wonder if the people wanting Kumiko and Shuuichi actually want it or just want to see "yurifags" salty.
Dec 22, 2016 12:16 AM

Jan 2008
Great episode! Kumiko and Mamiko's scene made me tear up. So beautiful. I love their sisterly love.

Ah, waiting for my ship to finally happen. I love Shuichi a lot and can't wait for him to finally get what he wants. I said it before and I'll say it again - I'm glad that he didn't accept Hazuki's feelings. I was actually kind of worried that he will especially if he lost all hope and confidence in winning Kumiko's love.

I like Taki-sensei but I never shipped him with Reina. I actually don't ship Reina with anyone.

Waiting for the last episode. I'm so happy that the novels finally got licensed in the U.S. so I can finally read them.
HatsumiShinoguDec 22, 2016 12:19 AM
Dec 22, 2016 12:21 AM

Nov 2007
katsu044 said:
true that makes the hyperbole surrounding all the romance even dumber to point i that makes me wonder if the people wanting Kumiko and Shuuichi actually want it or just want to see "yurifags" salty.

There are two types of fans out there. Those who actually watch the anime for what it is and then there are those who were in a constant shipping war. The latter are more vocal so it may seem they are the majority but they are not. They are the minority.

I can at least guarantee that Japan took the outcome of the episode being open-minded. The proof is there in the tweets, YT channel and in anikore (Japanese ones, not the English ones). It's a small group of yuri-fans and yuri-haters that are making all the fuss because they had been in a shipping war for more than a year now.

The main focus of the anime was about adolescence, human relations, family-ties, friendship, coming of age and NOT romance after all. Kumiko ending up with anyone is just a partial representation of adolescence and coming of age.
Coronavirus.
Dec 22, 2016 2:15 AM

Apr 2016
Erika___ said:
In kuzu no Honkai, at least ...

Please use spoiler buttons

Thanks no thanks.

And I'm really sorry to read you reduce Hibike! to the yuri issue. This show is so much bigger than that.
Dec 22, 2016 2:23 AM

Jun 2008
WORST EPISODE EVER!!!!

Wow....where to begin!

Anti-climactic as fuck!

Some loser ass-face ruining our glorious yuri ship and Reina is still delusional!!

I'm not sure how more fucked up that could've been.
Dec 22, 2016 2:26 AM

Jun 2008
Matetrix said:

You know....with all the baiting they did it actually makes MORE sense than what's-his-face X Kumiko....

For fucks sake that motherfucker rarely even got any screen time!

And Reina is simply delusional over Taki...
Dec 22, 2016 2:31 AM
Nov 2010
Really great episode. The fist bumping, the confession, the message from Asuka's dad, and the sister scene were all so moving. I do feel a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see the whole song but managing to fit in all the scenes were more impactful.

It did seem like the hairpin had some significance but it was kinda not developed? Anyone can elaborate? Something from the source novel?
Dec 22, 2016 2:44 AM

Oct 2016
the ship is sinking welp glad that her sister watch kumiko plays and eventhough they got bronze .. taki sensei is very proud of them and way to go reina
Dec 22, 2016 2:46 AM

Nov 2007
yngtadpole said:
It did seem like the hairpin had some significance but it was kinda not developed? Anyone can elaborate? Something from the source novel?

Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
Erika___ said:
In kuzu no Honkai, at least ...

And I'm really sorry to read you reduce Hibike! to the yuri issue. This show is so much bigger than that.

For me, while I absolutely adore all the characters in Hibike! Euphonium, I absolutely abhor most of the characters in Kuzu no Honkai (except for probably Moka).
Coronavirus.
Dec 22, 2016 3:48 AM

Jun 2013
Man everytime reina confessed I had to pause the video for the balls she had to confess. And that fist bump lmao. Cute moments throughout, third years rip, cute sister bonding, bye yuri ship
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Movies

nishant0 - Apr 19

8 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Apr 24, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Dec 28, 2016

287 by Prupel1 »»
Apr 20, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2016

117 by Jam15 »»
Apr 13, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

113 by Jam15 »»
Apr 10, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2016

217 by ShinigamiGang »»
Apr 1, 7:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.