Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Feb 2, 2017 1:45 AM

Oct 2012
Taki-sensei you dense!
She confessed to you twice! xD
Well considering teacher-student relationship is forbidden
He probably noticed it, but played it safe

That was kinda sad they got bronze
Last scene is so heartwarming
If only they hugged each other, it would be so perfect
"Signature removed"
Apr 10, 2017 2:50 PM
Jan 2010
xSkipi said:
After all those drama I didn't see the Nationals coming xD
Two seasons just finished here with the bronze, disappointing but it's more realistic I guess

can't wait for the last one !

I thought the second season was a step down from the first. But the idea of slapping "realistic" results on to patently unrealistic shows really grates.
Apr 25, 2017 8:18 PM

Jun 2013
This was pretty fun. Kumiko and Asuka both get the cathartic resolution to their respective arcs, it was cute.

Just a general piece of advice for those who weren't satisfied with this episode: it's useful and fun to listen to the perspectives of other people, especially if they contribute to the discussion in a meaningful way, but don't forget. Your interpretation is just as valid!

I felt bad, but I had to laugh at Reina's horribly futile second attempt. Not only can Taki not connect the dots, he isn't even aware of the existence of any dots. I would understand if girls constantly confessed to him but he literally said he wasn't sure if the students really liked him. I commend Reina for having the guts to confess in front of an audience, twice. Maybe third time's the charm and he'll actually get it?

@VersoSciolto I read through your posts in the thread. I totally forgot about that incident! And it was in the 3rd year of junior high, not even kindergarten or something. Man, I mostly just found Shuuichi forced or boring so far but god he's a jerk and a creep. Though I'll admit I find it funny how far you went in your crusade against him. As usual, you brought up a lot of interesting stuff, and I like that you can criticize the show without attacking the other viewers. Reina's situation looks a lot less funny and more depressing now.
LeeTailorApr 25, 2017 10:01 PM
May 28, 2017 5:37 AM

Apr 2015
Geddy Lee would be proud.
Nov 3, 2017 2:09 PM

Oct 2015
Bold confession by Reina, but sensei brushed it off on both occasions. This was a sad episode with them walking with bronze, I was so disappointed by them and they didn't even bother to show their performance.

Also the senpais retiring from the club was inevitable but they will be missed.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 18, 2018 1:50 AM

Dec 2015
Is interesting in how they took such a strange direction with this episode which reflects how they chose to do this season as well; less emphasis on the musical aspect and more focus towards the actual characters. Personally I preferred what they did in season 1.

It was odd how Mamiko didn't stay back to congratulate Kumiko afterwards.
~
May 23, 2018 3:21 PM

Nov 2016
Well,that was one hell of a confession xD

God,I'm so sad that we didn't get to see at least a bit of the performance and that Kitauji didn't get gold;_;

However,beautiful episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 31, 2019 6:26 PM

Mar 2016
I'm extremely mad that there's no final performance. I couldn't hear Asuka playing to see if she could handle being away from the band for so long and to see her father's face while she reckt the entire place. I would've been more mad if they had own gold instead.
Feb 2, 2019 3:28 AM
Nov 2018
Haven't watched this season yet but I can't be the only with disappointed with who Himiko ends up with. It honestly makes me not want to continue the series if I'm honest
Mar 4, 2019 2:29 AM

Oct 2017
The final performance is finally here. I was Kinda sad we didn’t get to actually hear them play.

Aww Reina actually confessed to Taki. Obviously he thought she was just cheering him on. She pretty brave, I will say that.

Too bad we didn’t get gold. But they sure worked hard and it payed off. None of them thought they’d make it so far. But they did.
Apr 10, 2019 5:04 PM

May 2017
Just crying over here!

What a great ending for Asuka and her dad. Its insanely sad that he wasnt in her life, she refers to him as someone who "used to be" her father. He could have tried harder.
Its sweet that she was able to do that though. His gift of the euphonium was nice, and her gift to him of making it to the nationals was great.

Reina's confession in the auditorium had me screeeeeaming! I was cry/laughing all over the place, it was so ridiculous. The poor club, never had anything prepared c": and then Taki-sensei just brushed her second confession off like a piece of lint. I was dying. He's so cool.

And finally, Kumiko and her sister♡♡ what a sweet ending. I love that Shuuichi was concerned about their relationship, and it really made Kumiko think about it. I'm so happy. The show really railed us hard about her sister being a bitch, but held our hand as they explain how she felt all that time. God, the writing is spot on.
Jun 22, 2019 8:18 PM

Feb 2018
They get bronze. Gosh, Reina was so desperate she told Taki-sensei about her feelings.
Jul 28, 2019 10:21 PM

Mar 2018
Too bad we didn't get to see the performance but great anyways! ^^
I liked the kinda finishing developments this episode. Tanaka and her father, Oumae and her sister, Reina and sensei (not really finished but there was the confession) also better development between the trumpet senpai (forgot her name sry) and Reina
Hoping for a good finish next ep ^^

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Aug 6, 2019 3:05 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Honestly, I’m a little disappointed that we didn’t get to see the performance but it really ticked the other boxes so I’m super glad!

Always glad to see more bonding before the plays, I especially liked the focus given to Mizore-senpai with Nozomi (twice, in fact, but the other being after the play) and oddly Kumiko too, I wonder if that’s her way of thanking and raising the spirits of her kouhai. Dat aside, it’s cool that they get a sleepover together right before and like the usual, Kumiko can’t sleep but we have a different person keeping her company this time (whoo-hoo, lol). Man, I just love these two’s interactions, “Ah, Shoichi kuh? Ouch.” Amazing how he’s kept hold of it for so long but good that it’s finally out to her, and no wonder that Sapphire-chan was the catalyst behind it xD. Got to say kumiko with the hot coffee was really cute though, lol.

And then, fast forward to after the play with some odd Reina moments. I really couldn’t make what was going on then, had a feeling it was a past encounter but too bad it wasn’t ;-; Nezuko’s “Otsukare~”, *sigh* lol. Anyway, that shocking confession lmao. Reina’s got the moves, xD. What a save too! But, of course, Take-sensei is still oblivious to her feelings lol. Yuko’s consolation and Kaori-senpai’s ‘gambete’ pose was nice to see following that. Lol @ how the homeroom teacher was so strict earlier about the stern expressions but then teared up afterwards, she’s become quite the interesting person to see. I also really liked the little addition of the assistant teachers getting a bit of the screen time to lift their spirits up. And then lol, Midori really is hilarious but motivational on point, xD. Lol, her thinking about whether Reina really likes Take-sensei or not during the penultimate moment (result) and swiftly going back to praying thanks to Hazuki’s intervention was really sweet!

Good lord, Asuka-senpai’s father sends a message lol. I knew it was coming but that was quite the short touching line. I was expecting her mother to show up too but I suppose things don’t always work out like that. Kumiko’s little moment with her sister after that was really powerful too, she finally got the words out.

I can’t deny I was looking forward to more of Taki-sensei’s past though, but welp.

I finished the season earlier this morning (3 am) actually but I wanted to collect my thoughts after a rewatch (of the final two episodes) so here I am nearly 15 hours later. On to the Episode 13 Discussion for yet another long post now, lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 27, 2019 3:32 AM

Apr 2013
Oh, I did not think they would get bronze. I was prepared for gold and silver, well played. That last scene was kinda weird, instead of just hugging each other they scream at each other on a bridge xD
Apr 9, 2020 7:50 AM

Feb 2019
No performance? Sad... though I can't complain about what the episode showed here so it's still a 5/5!

The moment between Kumiko and Shuuichi at night was cute. Shuuichi carrying around that present all this time. I so wish we could see them get together, seeing as there's one more episode I guess I can still hope. That was a cute gift.

Yoroizuka-senpai's approaching Kumiko was cute. Silently and slowly moving closer and closer towards Kumiko until finally... the cutest fist bump in history. And then Asuka-senpai coming over to have a talk. Kumiko really has grown. She has so many friends and grew close to so many people in the wind ensemble in a relatively short period of time.

Wish we could've seen the performance still, but that'd take at least a quarter of an episode so I understand.

Why were all the other schools prepared to cheer on their teachers but Kitauji was not? But Reina really is reckless today, suddenly standing up and saying "Sensei, suki desu!" in front of literally everyone in the auditorium lol. That takes courage and that was sweet and cute to see. Although it seems people just thought it was her making sure Taki-sensei didn't receive nothing during the acceptance of his award. And she made sure to say it again later on. It seems everyone has realised that Reina loves Taki-sensei... except for Taki-sensei lol. I loved how her senpai were all "don't give up, Kousaka."

I didn't expect them to win bronze, to be honest. I fully expected them to get gold even though that's a bit far logically (since they're pretty new to this). But they did win bronze and I was really surprised, but I liked it. It was like a dose of reality. Sad, of course, but that made things more realistic.

Asuka-senpai received a message from her father, who asked Taki-sensei to give it to the girl playing the euphonium. Although he was vague about whom exactly, I'm sure it was aimed at Asuka-senpai specifically and he chose his words carefully. I'm so glad Asuka-senpai managed to reach that goal of hers, to get her father to hear her playing and then her father gave her that message! So, so happy for her. Her getting all excited and hugging Kumiko also really showed her growth, how she's changed, and how close she is to Kumiko now.

I've always loved Haruka. She's really brave, strong, selfless, and kind. She took on a job nobody wanted amidst a horrible situation that nobody would ever want to face. But she never gave up, even if self-doubt kept eating away at her. I really admire her. And that was a nice speech, Haruka, even if you did cry in the end. But who wouldn't in her position, having gone through such tough times and never thinking once that they could get to Nationals, yet here they are. Asuka-senpai as always was blunt. She was frustrated with the result, but what a speech she gave to rile up her juniors so that they will get gold next year.

And finally, Kumiko and her sister. After 25 episodes, we finally see the culmination of her growth. She shouted everything she wanted to say to her sister. How she loves the euphonium, how she came to love it and wind ensemble because of her, and most importantly, how she loved her sister. And her sister, too, really loved her. Finally the two sisters reconcile after a breakdown that started with Mamiko being forced to quit wind ensemble. It was happy to see.

Can't believe it's the final episode already. I want, no, need more!

This is so sad :') I wonder what they have in store.

Onto the final piece!
May 5, 2020 10:58 AM

Mar 2014
just finished this, and man im so mad at the judges for that bronze, at least give my gurls silver! well i guess at least it's more realistic this way, i mean that was their first time at the nationals where the best of the best regularly play, and our main casts got to pursue a goal for next year. worried about the departure of the 3rd years tho, the remaining members and the newcomers sure have big shoes to fill in. dont give up reina, you still have time to be with taki sensei, get that gold and win his heart lol

whats up with people being disappointed just because reina x kumiko ship sank lol. i wonder how they watched, i never saw them being romantic with each other. i just always saw them as cuddly bffs, you know even girls in real life get that close right? lol
envy__May 5, 2020 11:11 AM
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Sep 7, 2020 4:00 AM

Jul 2015
Not suprised they only got bronze considering (they didn't show the performance jk) the troubles they had (like Asuka having skipped some practice and stuff) but still impressive how far they've come (the nationals) compared to previous years. Kousaka was quite daring with multiple confessions (even though Taki misunderstood them). Heartwarming moment there at the end between Mamiko and Kumiko.

Oct 29, 2020 1:43 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I’m not crying... YOU’RE crying.... F*CK

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 26, 2021 5:19 AM

Oct 2020
Damn, Reina's confession for Taki in front of the whole auditorium was so... cringe...
Jan 25, 2022 10:32 PM

Mar 2021
damn I got second-hand embarrassment when reina confessed in the hall xD

kinda sad that they only get bronze medals but well it's their first time and they don't have much time to practice cuz of the exam iirc, make sense ig
🐐

Sep 29, 2022 3:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
We didn't see their performance this time because it would be too repetitive I believe and they lost (got 3rd place I believe) though Reina could confess to the teacher (in a weird way), Asuka got noticed by her father and Kumiko could speak with her sister.
Dec 3, 2022 10:12 PM
Mar 2020
This episode was terrible. It was supposed to resolve tons of conflicts within the show, namely them making it to nationals and winning gold. Sure would it have been awesome for gold but they you should have at least shown the performance that they have been working on the whole first two seasons. The only thing saving this episode from a 0 is the fact that they somewhat wrapped up the stuff with Asuka and her dad and at the end with Kumiko and her sister. This episode was terrible and failed to wrap up nationals and the first two seasons.
Jan 11, 2023 6:57 PM
Jan 2021
omg what an episode... I cried so much, since Asuka's dad statement, the senpais' farewell and Kumiko and Mamiko's scene at the end. My only complain about this episode is that we didn't get to hear their presentention. Kitauji will surely win the gold in the next year!

I was also so glad to see a deeper interaction between Kumiko and Shuichi. That birthday gift was so sweet of him. I love how much he cares about Kumiko.
May 9, 2023 8:59 PM

Mar 2016
That was incredibly bittersweet. Yes, they would be performing the same pieces we'd already seen, but I still wanted to see their effort at their national performance. But it was clear why it was cut.
Despite the result though, the band achieved their yearly goal. They were an utter mess at the start, but they got all the way to the nationals. Asuka got her personal praise from her father, so none of the 3rd years seemed to leave with regrets.
Now the remaining year groups and future 1st years will have to keep that train going for gold next year!
Aug 23, 2023 8:53 AM
Jun 2023
bronze.. really?
Aug 26, 2023 1:38 PM

May 2020
I mean they managed to get bronze despite living the drama no less than soap operas practically every day since their Kansai competition, so... that in itself is an achievement lol. Also we didn't even get to see their performance, so that was a right hint towards them NOT securing the gold anyways.

This episode does conclude the part of third years in the band and stuff with Asuka I suppose, though not in the most emphatic and satisfying way for now retiring third years but they should be glad with the results.. I mean this was their first time in nationals.

Also Reina, what did you even... that was sooooooooooooooo embarrassing to watch.
Feb 26, 5:06 PM

May 2021
"I'm very happy to hear that, as an educator."

RIP Reina

Mar 25, 11:09 AM
Mar 2018
I guess if Kitauji had won gold, there wouldn't have been anywhere up for them to go, but it still stung when they only got bronze.

Reina's love confession was so funny!

Kumiko and her sister's exchange was awesome! I'm glad their quarrel has been squashed.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Movies

nishant0 - Apr 19

8 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Apr 24, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Dec 28, 2016

287 by Prupel1 »»
Apr 20, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2016

117 by Jam15 »»
Apr 13, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

113 by Jam15 »»
Apr 10, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2016

217 by ShinigamiGang »»
Apr 1, 7:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.