Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2016 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So this show is starting to focus more on that new girl now..

The dictionary emphasis is nice imo with a better understanding of words and dictionary. Other departments are also getting some highlights. Still quite a realistic episode in terms of their work ethnics.
Dec 8, 2016 11:28 PM

Aug 2016
oh snap, there is a word missing :o
Nanika ga Okashii
Dec 8, 2016 11:52 PM

Apr 2010
OMG climax is starting!! can't believe I would be this excited and hyped over finishing a dictionary!! XD
Dec 9, 2016 12:31 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The dictionary is a very complicate :[
Dec 9, 2016 1:22 AM

Dec 2014
That was a really good episode.

Nishioka you cunning man, I can't believe he hid those photocopies of Majime letter in that book. XD He even set up a little scavenger hunt. xD

It's nice that Kishibe is trying to understand Majime and why he told her that she was a very thoughtful person when it comes to words.
Majime's definition of a dictionary was very nice. :)

I genuinely felt happy for the book-making guy, He got rejected so much. Was really happy to see Majime finally accept his work.
Miyamoto x Kishibe now. :D

A words or maybe words are missing. :O I was expecting some plot twist to show up though. :3

That date at the end, Everyone preventing Kishibe from drinking. XD
Dec 9, 2016 2:38 AM

Feb 2016
Another amazing episode.

It's funny that they can build suspense over something as mundane as making a dictionary. The beauty, for me anyways, is that they've been able to get you emotionally invested so things like a missing word has an actual affect. The passion each character feels comes off as real.

I know the word gets thrown around a lot, but this really feels like the most underrated show of the year.
Dec 9, 2016 2:42 AM

Dec 2014
well like the new girl...but the ending though...Majime looked so serious
Dec 9, 2016 3:41 AM

Nov 2015
Dictionaries are complicated! And now there's a word missing.

Dec 9, 2016 4:27 AM

Aug 2012
The scene after the ending made my day hahahah

I'm so happy for Miyamoto and Kishibe! Nishioka being great as always.
Dec 9, 2016 4:34 AM

Apr 2016
Nice episode!

More focus on Kishibe this episode.
Nishioka made a mini-treasure hunt, good use of the love letter copy.. :D

When they were in the restaurant, and a kid showed up, i thought it would have been nice to see Majime's or Nishioka's kids (though i'm pretty sure Nishioka isn't married)

I like Miyamoto and his work ethics, and was happy to see that he asked Kishibe out. Another ship! That post credit scene was funny and shows how much Kishibe has become a part of the family. :)

Also, Matsumoto sensei - hope he stays in good health, I think I saw death flags for him this episode.
Dec 9, 2016 6:50 AM

Sep 2015
Really wish Majime was still the main focus along with Nish ,but anyways Kishibe X Miyamoto I knew was gonna happen the moment I saw him coming to the office. When you think you've finished and there's another roadblock.
Dec 9, 2016 7:25 AM
Feb 2016
This is what I feared since the episode where Majime is distracted after he realizes his feelings for Kaguya. There are so many words that if you just overlook it or get all distracted you might lose a word or two or even more that you don't know of and having to re-check from the start would be a pain. And they're at the final checking too {{ (>_<) }}
Dec 9, 2016 7:56 AM

May 2015
That ending gave me chills somehow. How are they gonna solve this? That scene after the ED was really funny though XD.

Dec 9, 2016 8:28 AM

Oct 2008
Oh No! they missed a word and Kishibe is the one who noticed it.
They are on the final phase of the Great Passage!
looks like Kishibe would be getting along with the paper dictionary tech dude!
Kishibe also found the love letter of Majime to Kaguya! wow! that paper 13 year is still not decaying!? maybe its well preserved!
LOL at the end! they're stalking Kishibe's date with the paper dictionary tech dude!
Looks like they won't be finishing it on time...
4/5.

Dec 9, 2016 1:26 PM

Oct 2011
That kid with the backpack made me think the bits with animated dictionaries may one of Nishioka's marketing ideas. They look quite similar to the dolls!
Dec 9, 2016 3:56 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Kishibe is an angel! I already love her. Even a side character like Miyamoto grew on me majorly just by his facial expressions and his body language. This show does it perfectly.

A word is missing, that is a shocking blow so close to the end. I hope, they find a way. Majime looked so shocked :/
Dec 10, 2016 7:19 AM

Feb 2016
I like how the new characters quickly grew on me. The new ship has sailed. Yay!
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Dec 10, 2016 8:49 AM

May 2015
I love how this show can make me so excited about the characters finishing a dictionary. I loved Nishioka's little scavenger hunt to find Majime's love letter. Also, Kishibe keeps on becoming a more likable character. I can't wait to see how they deal with having a word missing next episode!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Dec 10, 2016 8:50 AM

May 2016
I find the soundtrack too pompous and wish it were more subtle.

Also, I know this is just an anime, but could the creators think of a more competent answer?

Business does not work that way. I think they should have cut out such a ridiculous scene or made it carefully thought-out.
Dec 10, 2016 2:51 PM

Jun 2013
so they have a date well to celebrate the making of the paper but you never know
Dec 10, 2016 7:32 PM

Sep 2013
Does that mean that they need to see if they missed any more words? will that take longer to finish the dictionary?

I loved that date scene at the ending everyone preventing the new girl from drinking haha

Dec 10, 2016 9:33 PM

Oct 2012
dash5611 said:
Another amazing episode.

It's funny that they can build suspense over something as mundane as making a dictionary. The beauty, for me anyways, is that they've been able to get you emotionally invested so things like a missing word has an actual affect. The passion each character feels comes off as real.

I know the word gets thrown around a lot, but this really feels like the most underrated show of the year.
I couldn't agree more with everything you said. This was a spectacular episode that really showcased this show's strengths.

It really is amazing how this show can get you so invested to the point that Majime's fear becomes your fear as well. It did a great job presenting all the work put into making the dictionary to the point that now we're so invested in the product of this endearing team's long years of pure dedication and hard work.

This show is extremely underrated. The way that it pulls you into their world and shares its passion with you is amazing. Fune wo Amu is a hidden gem this season.
gust11Dec 10, 2016 9:36 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Dec 10, 2016 9:56 PM

Feb 2016
gust11 said:
dash5611 said:
Another amazing episode.

I couldn't agree more with everything you said. This was a spectacular episode that really showcased this show's strengths.

It really is amazing how this show can get you so invested to the point that Majime's fear becomes your fear as well. It did a great job presenting all the work put into making the dictionary to the point that now we're so invested in the product of this endearing team's long years of pure dedication and hard work.

This show is extremely underrated. The way that it pulls you into their world and shares its passion with you is amazing. Fune wo Amu is a hidden gem this season.

Even when the paper guy was first introduced, you immediately sense the pride he takes for what his company are providing for the dictionary. Every episode is a reminder of how fulfilling it is to be dedicated something that you love.
Dec 10, 2016 11:06 PM

Oct 2012
dash5611 said:
gust11 said:

Even when the paper guy was first introduced, you immediately sense the pride he takes for what his company are providing for the dictionary. Every episode is a reminder of how fulfilling it is to be dedicated something that you love.
Mhm, his pride for his work is obvious and it makes him all the more endearing to keep coming back earnestly trying to create the perfect paper for The Great Passage. His passion for paper manufacturing is deeper and more resonant with me than a lot of other shows that seem a tad superficial now when I compare them to Fune wo Amu
- Oreki Houtarou
Dec 11, 2016 3:50 AM

Feb 2016
gust11 said:
dash5611 said:

Mhm, his pride for his work is obvious and it makes him all the more endearing to keep coming back earnestly trying to create the perfect paper for The Great Passage. His passion for paper manufacturing is deeper and more resonant with me than a lot of other shows that seem a tad superficial now when I compare them to Fune wo Amu

Makes me wish for an OVA so we can see what happened during the time skip. Fune wo Amu's character work is strong even though I feel we missed some important milestones. It would be a shame to not expand on the story.
Dec 11, 2016 11:13 AM

Oct 2012
dash5611 said:
gust11 said:

Makes me wish for an OVA so we can see what happened during the time skip. Fune wo Amu's character work is strong even though I feel we missed some important milestones. It would be a shame to not expand on the story.
Indeed, I remember being put off initially when I didn't realize there had been a time skip. While they did manage to stay true to the characters and their personalities, I was a tad saddened that they didn't expand on the beginning of Majime and Kaguya's relationship as well as Majime's eventual path to becoming the 'head.' It also would have been nice to see an emotional scene where Nishioka leaves finally. It could also show how he coped and how Majime coped during the switch.
I guess all we can hope for is an OVA now
- Oreki Houtarou
Dec 12, 2016 5:36 AM

Nov 2011
The thing that I regret is that we are almost at the end, but you are not told much about the various characters, in fact I can say I know very little, the same as regards the creation of a dictionary. If on one hand the temporal ellipses has differentiated this anime from the other, in this season, he has from his however even this defect. Although we understand a lot about how you do not realize a dictionary, the battle they are facing Majime and his collaborators, is really interesting and so ripe for those who know the world of work. But it is too sudden the relationship that is being establishing between Kishibe and Miyamoto, there has not been enough time to mature this bond to the viewer. Drawings and animations, as sufficient quality. The thing that has really affected me, is the treasure hunt made by Kishibe, nice move by Nishioka.
Dec 13, 2016 2:00 AM

Mar 2013
Whew, the ending got me excited.
Dec 14, 2016 11:25 AM

Dec 2008
My heart was beating loudly right along with Majime's. What if there are indeed other words that are missing? What does that mean for The Great Passage now that they're in the final phase of production? What does that mean for all parties involved with its making? What could that do to Ji-san? He's obviously not in good health.
Dec 15, 2016 7:03 AM

Feb 2008
Reviewing 230 000 entries will be quite a task. It's rather scary, how a single missing word (or a few others) can shake up 13 or so years of hard work. I guess even the mightiest ship will eventually sink if there are enough holes in its hull...

On another note, the post-credits scene was hilarious.
Dec 21, 2016 12:58 PM

Jan 2013
Man, if only there was some sort of computing device that could automatically keep track of which words were and were not in the dictionary.
Dec 22, 2016 10:23 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode, but the cliffhanger makes me anxious!
Dec 30, 2016 10:14 PM

Sep 2015
Despite having important role towards the end of the series, being interesting and not to mention the fact that she is lovable, it seems MAL think that Kishibe is insignificant character. So insignificant that, by the time I type this post, she is not listed in anime's character list, yet.
UpperCatDec 30, 2016 10:20 PM

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Jan 13, 2017 7:02 AM

Mar 2015
Whoa that bit at the end, intense stuff
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 14, 2017 2:14 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely episode and progression I must say, I'm actually quite like where this is going!
Mar 3, 2018 5:22 AM

Jul 2008
Oh man, a word is missing in a dictionary, AND I"M INVESTED IN THAT DRAMA!!!!

What times we live in...

Nov 28, 2018 6:01 AM

Nov 2018
this was an intese episode but the last scene after the ending was so funny, glad they have these new characters, i like them
Jan 2, 2019 1:51 PM

May 2016
That overwhelming feeling of doubt at the end man 240,0000 words is an insane number.

and that little date at the end.
May 28, 2019 10:37 AM

Feb 2019
I'm sure now, I like Kishibe.

It's nice to see that Nishioka made good use of Majime's love letter. I thought he was just going to pull a prank on him or something. That little treasure hunt was also funny. So I take it he prepared this 13 years ago? That's forward thinking right there.

Does Nishioka have a daughter? We still haven't seen his wife! I want to see her now!

Damn, a missing word. When you're worried about a missing word in a fictional dictionary, that's the clear sign of an anime series that tells a great story that draws you in.

Sad that there's only three episodes left!
Aug 21, 2020 4:00 PM

Jan 2010
I completely lost track of the passage of time in this anime. It seems like a number of years has passed already and now everyone is on the grindstone for getting the dictionary published. It's great seeing this collaboration of different people contributing their own parts to the dictionary's finalization.
Apr 8, 2021 9:52 PM
Mar 2014
The ending was cute and funny haha 😆
Sep 17, 2021 6:06 PM

Aug 2011
Majime has come such a long way with meetings! He went from completely awkward to being able to stand his ground. I'm so happy for him.
desu desu binches
Mar 27, 2022 4:38 AM

Jul 2021
I didn't know the usage of dictionary would be this hard lmao
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 16, 2023 6:10 PM

Aug 2014
the date ending was best;d
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 9, 2023 5:09 AM

Aug 2022
Majime has really changed. Before he couldn't have been able to stand his ground like he did in the meeting.
Aug 19, 2023 8:23 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The dictionary is close to being published, but one last obstacle appears!!!! kekeke
Aug 27, 2023 11:30 AM

Jul 2014
I'm not surprised that Majime kept his initial love letter to Kaguya for all these years, but why would he keep it at work and not in the house? There's no logical reasons I can think of for him to keep it there for Kishibe to find, yet it's kind of necessary that she does for her to understand Majime as a person.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fune wo Amu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2016

105 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 7, 3:57 PM

Poll: » Fune wo Amu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2016

112 by Kvistis »»
Feb 17, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Fune wo Amu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2016

130 by satanleo »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Fune wo Amu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2016

51 by Ranxomare »»
Aug 19, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Fune wo Amu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2016

50 by UnknownGhost5 »»
Aug 8, 2023 4:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.