Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 26, 2016 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like the conspiracy is getting more clearer now..

The fact that people sees their own bodies is already bizarre enough so now, the root of the case points to the irregularities of their world. The chemistry components of the human body were also analyzed this episode. Pretty weird stuff if you ask me especially the segment about the New World System.
Stark700Nov 26, 2016 8:46 AM
Nov 26, 2016 9:07 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I want to really, really like this show, but every damn episode, there is at least one director choice that makes me question their sanity.

That whole speech in the second half gave me a friggin headache again.
Nov 26, 2016 9:09 AM

Jan 2015
Ghost that the "Chosen One" can see and another ghost he cannot see? This is interesting.
That New World System seems pretty much explaining about what happen so far.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 26, 2016 9:45 AM

Jul 2014
Seems like we're getting closer to some sort of end game with more and more clarity about this crazy conspiracy, but there's still a lot of elements that I'm not really sure what purpose they serve or if they're actually going anywhere with it.
Nov 26, 2016 9:52 AM

Sep 2015
I feel like the one using Chi's phone is the pyscho white haired boy.
Nov 26, 2016 10:03 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that definitely cleared up a lot of stuff, so I guess that's one good thing. Still a little bit too hyperactive dialogue-wise if you ask me but at least it was fairly easy to understand this time
Nov 26, 2016 10:07 AM

Dec 2014
well things are actually getting interesting.... si the occult is surrounding those nine people.... I am pretty interested as to how it will end end it all
Nov 26, 2016 10:34 AM
Apr 2016
I will have to bring a tech-translator with myself next time.
Re:formed
Nov 26, 2016 10:34 AM

Sep 2013
These guys trying to make their own New Word Order XD
Everyone finds out more clues and the BL author schooling the psycho kid.

Ryo-tas at the end makes the whole ep end on bright cheery note except for the suspicious myu call :)
Nov 26, 2016 10:47 AM

Oct 2013
I'm not really sure what about this show makes me so excited lmfao...

Atavistic said:
Seems like we're getting closer to some sort of end game with more and more clarity about this crazy conspiracy, but there's still a lot of elements that I'm not really sure what purpose they serve or if they're actually going anywhere with it.

I agree. Either they need more episodes to stretch out so much info; or less story elements in this conspiracy. The society of 8 is an interesting element, but for a short series like this, I think it would have been better to focus on one or two characters to be the culprit.

Hinata said:
I feel like the one using Chi's phone is the pyscho white haired boy.

yea, I feel like the message she'll open up will probably scar her haha. rip....
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Nov 26, 2016 10:50 AM
Aug 2012
The organization is trying to mind control people with chip,but it is high risk work.So they turn to Alpha scandium,which is easy to produce and can be easily injected into people's brain.Then they can mind control the injected with satellite(which is how they kill the 256).

The 256 is the guinea pig,and when the experiment has proven successful,they turn to phase 2,to check the time cage problem.When experiment is over and the result is good,they will sell it to rich & powerful,and mind control them to expand their business of eternal life eternally?

Really,that is kinda cheesy,just like steins gate's CERN...XD
Nov 26, 2016 10:57 AM

Jan 2015
hilly said:
The organization is trying to mind control people with chip,but it is high risk work.So they turn to Alpha scandium,which is easy to produce and can be easily injected into people's brain.Then they can mind control the injected with satellite(which is how they kill the 256).

The 256 is the guinea pig,and when the experiment has proven successful,they turn to phase 2,to check the time cage problem.When experiment is over and the result is good,they will sell it to rich & powerful,and mind control them to expand their business of eternal life eternally?

Really,that is kinda cheesy,just like steins gate's CERN...XD

What if CERN (SERN actually) is actually behind all this???
Nov 26, 2016 11:00 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It has to be difficult see your body, death!!! Shocking!!! O-O
Nov 26, 2016 11:16 AM

Dec 2014
Holy shit man, The revelations, Awesome episode.

These guys are literally creating a New World Order. XDD

In case anyone is looking to understand how everything works, I'll leave a summary below.

-The trick to Gamon and co retaining their form relies on the use of the element Scandium, By injecting this element into the body. It seems to be able to reach the brain and store all the information basically your memories in it. The White hair boy also says the same thing.
-The element with all the information stored is now irradiated with an electromagnetic wave which I assume seems to cause the Scandium to release this information
-This results in the formation of the conscience/astral projection/soul or whatever you like to call it. Since your memories were already stored, the 'person' comes into existence with everything intact. This is how the existence of our cast comes to be. I assume the reason they're all able to interact with each other is because technically they are all just information encompassed in waves.
-This is the base idea of New World system designed to create a feeling of Eternal Life after death. As long as the Scandium is present, The person will exist after death.
-Now here's where our occult organization goes for their insane New World Order plan, The originally proposed microchip plan was to embed micro controllers in every human being and control their actions through it. However, this plan was unfeasible.
-Our Occult organization instead focuses on the Scandium used in their New World system, Since the scandium is present in the brain and activated by an electromagnetic wave that they themselves control, they can use these waves to directly affect a person's brain and hence their actions. Believe it or not literal human slaves.
-They plan to market their idea under the pretext of Eternal Life after death, However since the system requires administration of Scandium. They can use the system as an excuse to inject Scandium into the victim's body. As they say, Scandium as an element has little side effect on the human body and is extremely responsive to magnetic waves.
-By marketing this system to the rich who obviously desire eternity, They gain instant access to their brains via scandium.
-The Occult organization can now use their Electromagnetic waves to directly affect the scandium in the brain thereby getting the human to do their bidding. When you control the rich, You control the world.
-This is some insane planning. XD
-As for the current 256 incident, They talk about some 8-bit system which I assume means that as of now only 2^8=256 projections can be maintained at this point in time.

And well that's the gist of it, Let me know if I was in the wrong anywhere.
Lelouch0202Nov 26, 2016 11:19 AM
Nov 26, 2016 11:16 AM

Jan 2016
So Scandium is the main cause of the astral-body control... and what the Society did is sync together the Real World and Astral Plain...
That's why the Devil man was able to switch bodies after exposure to Alpha Scandium...
But who is The Emperor? Is he AI? My theory is that he is

Ryo-tas and the owner of Blue Moon have my suspicions though, since they can see ghosts too. My guess is that the owner has definitely some involvement with the society, but Ryo-tas? I'm pretty sure she'll be more than just fanservice later on (or at least I hope)
Nov 26, 2016 11:44 AM

Jun 2014
Looks like we're getting closer to understanding the mystery behind all the stuff that's happening.....I think. Honestly, the super fast dialogue makes things difficult to follow sometimes, and I don't want to rewind the episode a million times or it'll take me an hour to finish it (then again, I was able to handle Tatami Galaxy so I think I'll be fine).

What I'm really interested in is this cult that's trying to create the New World System, but I feel like we won't get an in-depth look at them due to the short length of this series, plus the fact that there's a bunch of other things that also need to be addressed.
thebrentinator24Nov 26, 2016 11:50 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 26, 2016 12:03 PM

Nov 2009
This show wants me to hate it. For every episode it does right, like episode 7, it does an episode like this.

Rapid fire dialogue like this atrocious. Because even with characters I like and a plot I'm interested in, I just want to bash my head in.

The deliveries of VAs when rushed to this extent removes all feeling and emotion from their performance.

If this episode had removed the whole technobabble section from this episode, it could have been well paced and delivered.

It seems to be a case of whoever's making this show, wants to keep every single facet of the story intact, but doing so like this, results in fucking awful dialogue that makes my brain go numb.

I like Ryotas, I like Gamon, I like most of the main characters. I like the idea of a story where the main cast have already lost and are dead, and the mystery that surrounds it.

But this is not a good show. They have the talent, the VAs, and the Artists needed, Maybe even the director. I don't know. I don't care to look into the production teams. I judge anime based on what I see.

And this. This is bad.

A show that has me invested in the characters and story, deliberately does things to make me hate it.

I still hold out that this show can make a clean break for the last four episodes, but I know in my heart, at least two of them will be as awful as this one.
Houseki No Kuni, aka The Land of the Lustrous. Best of 2017.
Nov 26, 2016 12:14 PM

Aug 2013
A W E S O M E. Seriously, great episode. NWO, mass brain control, mysterious organization (I have a feeling that it will be somehow connected with SERN). I'm definitely not disappointed by this show. And I love those dialogues. 5/5
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 26, 2016 12:25 PM

Jul 2016
Smudy said:
I want to really, really like this show, but every damn episode, there is at least one director choice that makes me question their sanity.

That whole speech in the second half gave me a friggin headache again.

This^. I keep watching this show every week, and I still find myself either lost, hating it, or both.
Nov 26, 2016 12:29 PM

Nov 2014
Gamo-tan finally laid on Ryo-tas's boobs
Nov 26, 2016 1:02 PM

Aug 2016
eighttailedfox said:
This show wants me to hate it. For every episode it does right, like episode 7, it does an episode like this.

Rapid fire dialogue like this atrocious. Because even with characters I like and a plot I'm interested in, I just want to bash my head in.

The deliveries of VAs when rushed to this extent removes all feeling and emotion from their performance.

If this episode had removed the whole technobabble section from this episode, it could have been well paced and delivered.

It seems to be a case of whoever's making this show, wants to keep every single facet of the story intact, but doing so like this, results in fucking awful dialogue that makes my brain go numb.

I like Ryotas, I like Gamon, I like most of the main characters. I like the idea of a story where the main cast have already lost and are dead, and the mystery that surrounds it.

But this is not a good show. They have the talent, the VAs, and the Artists needed, Maybe even the director. I don't know. I don't care to look into the production teams. I judge anime based on what I see.

And this. This is bad.

A show that has me invested in the characters and story, deliberately does things to make me hate it.

I still hold out that this show can make a clean break for the last four episodes, but I know in my heart, at least two of them will be as awful as this one.

I feel you...This anime could have been done so well with the basic plot. I enjoy the new episode and then there comes a scene with the tech-stuff and I'm like "F*ck you, when does this ep. end?" -_- Still not sure how to rate it, I'm currently at a 4. My only hope is some good plot twist (and no Ryo-tas being one of the bad ones or whatever is not working for me, but I see this happening)
Nov 26, 2016 1:20 PM

Oct 2012
Yay everything is coming together! Sorta. Maybe... Probably?

Still working with huge dumps of exposition but it's okay, I'm used to those now

Seems like Asuna might be on to things and now that Asuna and Moritsuka can communicate we might get to a lot more detective work

Also seems like Myu might get some development next ep with how it ended. Please don't let the text be from crazy white boy well that probably doesn't sound right out of context
gust11Nov 26, 2016 1:27 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Nov 26, 2016 1:21 PM
Nov 2015
New World System
Neo World Program

Nov 26, 2016 1:31 PM

Jun 2014
Mysterious organization discovers eternal life and plans to sell it to the wealthy, then rule the world using mind control.... the antagonist's premise is so cheesy; sadly, this is going to place an upper limit on what i score this. But i still think this is one of the best new shows this season.
Nov 26, 2016 1:42 PM

Dec 2012
Sarai & Touko seeing their dead bodies.

Gamon feeling alone. Nothing like having your face stuffed into Ryou-tas's boobs to make you feel better.

So much information coming in. Argh my head.
New World System. Eternal Life.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 26, 2016 1:47 PM
Mar 2016
Ok, so they're dead, so how come they can physically manifest themselves like they're still alive?
Nov 26, 2016 1:50 PM

Mar 2013
What's with motormouth performances? Everyone spoke way too fast.
Nov 26, 2016 1:52 PM

Sep 2014
Actually,even though it was a bit tiring I found the explanation quite insightful about what's going on.The cult wants to find another cure for mankind and believe that being a living ghost,who will live an eternal life is a better way to live than being alive and this is happening through mass mind control through Scandium,which is a chip implanted in people's brains.The first too much blabbering episode that I quite enjoyed in this series.
Nov 26, 2016 2:21 PM

Jul 2015
Uau, that episode revealed so much. My mind is trying to understand everythihng. Now I have hope they gonna explain everything.
Nov 26, 2016 2:39 PM
Jul 2013
I seriously can't understand the pace of this anime, every single episode...
One episode there are tons of information given with a little plot-progress, while in another there is almost a time jump in plot but you don't learn anything new...
Am I the only one who feels like that?

Anyway, nice episode, this whole new world system sounds interesting, I hope it will continue...
Nov 26, 2016 3:01 PM

May 2015
Meh, so in shrot it's about another mind control.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 26, 2016 3:55 PM

May 2015
A lot was revealed in this episode, but I can never get used to the hyperactive dialogue in this show in general, lmao.

Nov 26, 2016 4:07 PM
Jul 2018
I cannot describe with my word that how good anime this is! This anime is a must
watch for fiction lover!!

Awesome episode! Great anime! The anime on the whole warped pretty smooth and entertaining!
Nov 26, 2016 4:15 PM
May 2015
Whoahoho said:
Ok, so they're dead, so how come they can physically manifest themselves like they're still alive?
They explained it in the second half of the episode. The "New World System" managed to synchronize the human and spirit world together.

Nov 26, 2016 4:25 PM
May 2015
I get it, the dialogue is fast but what was so hard to understand about the conversation between those people in some organization in the second half of the episode?

Basically, they finally explained why those 256 people died that way and why the main cast, that should be dead, is still roaming the world like they're still alive.
It's the "New World System" which they plan to sell to the rich but for now, it's still at an experimental phase. Or in others words, Phase 1. Those 256 people were just guinea pigs to test the system. They did something to those people (forgot what they were called) to indirectly order them (without them knowing_ to go to the lake and drown themselves.

How are they still roaming the world like they're still alive?
Simple..The "New World System" was able to synchronize the human and spirit world together.

What's the purpose of this new system?
To achieve immortality/eternal life (I'm not sure about this one yet) and to sell the system to the rich and powerful.

5/5 Can't wait for the next episode!
jc9622Nov 26, 2016 4:28 PM

Nov 26, 2016 7:03 PM

Dec 2015
This shit's intense, my mind can't keep up. And is Ryo-tas alive or dead? I see her giant tits' shadow
Nov 26, 2016 7:40 PM

Dec 2014
I guess the creators are also planning a New World Order..as it's well know that there are many viewers whose first Language is not Japanese (rely heavily on reading subtitles as fast as possible) they make this situation even worse by using dialogues like a rapper!. Thus forcing us to consider to learn Japanese in order to able to understand the dialogues. This way they will have their language spread without actually asking for it!

Nov 26, 2016 7:50 PM
Feb 2016
A total mix feelings for this episode. The plus point for this episode is that we attain more information than previous episodes and the not so minus point is I feel like it's all over the place but somehow it all comes together.

As a foreigner who relies on subs to watch this show it's a normal thing to think that every character speaks way too fast that seems like they just want to rush and fill as much as information as they can in this 1 episode, along with their own thoughts, commentary, etc. But if I were to look at it from a Japanese perspective the speed of the speech might be normal to them because Japanese speaks really fast. So, in conclusion I don't mind them speaking fast just that I hope they won't repeat what happen in episode 1 where everything is just fast and all over the place,

Now, I just want to know why only Ryo-tas isn't among the deceased body and how does she and the bar owner can see and talk to all the other characters along with the question whether the 'demon' actually really cares for Ria.
Nov 26, 2016 8:45 PM

Oct 2011
New world order. ..SERN omfg
Nov 26, 2016 8:58 PM

Oct 2015
I wonder who the boss of the organization is :o
Nov 26, 2016 9:32 PM

Jul 2010
Best episode so far, getting better than how it started and the SERN looking evil organisation is making this so much more interesting. Still can't get used to the hyper talking though...
Nov 26, 2016 10:53 PM

Aug 2015
If this show would slow down by half its speed and just pace things to allow things to properly sink in between exchanges of dialogue then it'd be much more tolerable. Now that the show is somewhat on track and I actually want to care about this now, it hurts to see it hurting itself either by choice or as a victim of short length.
Nov 26, 2016 11:06 PM

Jun 2016
things seem to be spiraling further and further out of control every episode but I think that's a big part of what makes this show compelling. it's both genuinely interesting and has that train wreck "can't-look-away" effect...

Nov 26, 2016 11:27 PM

Jun 2015
So some crazy people created some kind of drug so they can control rich people however they want. The 256 people that drowned were just guinea pigs to see if the drug works, which it did.
Nov 27, 2016 12:11 AM
May 2016
A new world system where human realm and spirit realm synchronized together. Then sell the scandium to the rich people to make them immortal in an astral state. I wonder what the mc and the others will supposed to do now. Next episode's preview shows a lot of bloody boxes, the same box they saw on the shrine.
Nov 27, 2016 1:04 AM

Apr 2009
this episode tells us that it is clearly creepy now :P
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Nov 27, 2016 1:53 AM

Sep 2016
While the way its being told is still stupid hyper fast, it did answer alot of questions and it seems that things are finally coming together now. I honestly don't have a clue of how the show will end if I'm being honest.
Nov 27, 2016 6:18 AM

Sep 2012
This episode made me go from 7 to 9 on my rating of this series, and I can't explain why I love this show, but I love it.
And I'm so sorry if I sound haughty or arrogant but the fast dialogue are kinda easy to follow, even I who's seiing it in English while being French-native speaker I understand, like, everything. Just concentrate a little, 22 min isn't that long.

Also can we all appreciate that the show kinda revealed that an evil organization participated in spreading electronics and radiowaves through the world just to, eventually, control rich people ? Dedicated and determined evil.
Nov 27, 2016 8:17 AM

Nov 2009
AloAloices said:
Also can we all appreciate that the show kinda revealed that an evil organization participated in spreading electronics and radiowaves through the world just to, eventually, control rich people ? Dedicated and determined evil.

Isn't it the other way around? I think they deliberately talked people into switching to cable TV and internet so that they would have more space for evil mind-control radiowaves.

@Lelouch0202 - good summary, thank you, I don't think you missed anything.

Technical note: no, spreading scandium throughout the body will not really lead to mind control in real life. There is a million of reasons why it can't be done without occult stuff like "water memory" (but with scandium).

m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
Mysterious organization discovers eternal life and plans to sell it to the wealthy, then rule the world using mind control.... the antagonist's premise is so cheesy; sadly, this is going to place an upper limit on what i score this. But i still think this is one of the best new shows this season.

I want them to turn out to be somebody's delusion in a plot twist.
Nov 27, 2016 9:16 AM

Feb 2014
Despite the constant fast dialogue which is still a little annoying, at least we're getting more answers now. The 256 that were killed had been injected with Scandium, so that their souls still wonder the earth even after their physical bodies have died, all for an experiment, which has worked.

The occult with their 'New World System' does worry me. Controlling the rich people means that they're almost controlling the world. I do hope that they get stopped though.

This was a very good episode overall. The revelations and the answer to previous questions have left me feeling satisfied. =)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

216 by tokino_sora »»
Mar 7, 2:28 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2016

448 by andreyous »»
Feb 9, 8:35 PM

» For the people who seen it

mathbg - Sep 8, 2023

3 by mathbg »»
Sep 9, 2023 8:11 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

97 by Abyhape »»
Jan 24, 2023 9:24 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2016

142 by Kitty-Kate »»
Nov 30, 2022 12:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.