Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 30, 2016 12:18 AM

Apr 2015
who do you think is gonna lose control? I'm guessing Chi-chan

>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 30, 2016 1:51 AM

Apr 2009
ButtSlapper said:
Prankster_001 said:
Ryoka is a goddess for you? well for me she's a bastard and a useless wanker bcoz of one thing her boobs and she's way annoying now i'll kill her instead in my mind

really?thats pathetic. i highly suggest you to go to japan and bomb A1's head studio. at least do some actions not imagination
thanks for d advice kid but i'm here to humiliate this anime and tell it's staff how weird and bad this anime is :P
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Oct 30, 2016 2:35 AM

Sep 2015
Ryouka is such an idiotic character, I really can't stand her, she just blabbers nonsense ugh. I'm interested in the ghost guy, Aria, detective boy and a little bit in professor's son. Overall episode was all over the place.
Oct 30, 2016 2:55 AM

Jan 2015
Ok. That's it. I drop it.
First episode was total mess and I will remember this as worst anime episode humans can ever made. Second was better, but still bad. Third one was ok and gave me a little hope that is can turn in decent series, but now we got forth, that is better than first one, but still worse than second.

Occultic;Mess really wants to be Durarara, but fails miserably in every aspect.
Oct 30, 2016 3:08 AM

Dec 2010
Another Skip-A-Turn episode.
Oct 30, 2016 4:48 AM
Jun 2016
This episode is pretty good for me, partly because I can completely ignore the bouncing boobs and not let it affect my viewing experience, and partly because there are quite a lot of hints dropped this episode.

1. "Devil" simply has an out of body experience, but based on episode 2, he can affect the physical world (broke the light) if he chose to.

2. The boob girl is once again showing suspicious behaviour, cornering Gamon about the non-existence of invisible enemy. Could she be affiliated with "the other party" the detective mentioned?

3. The reporter girl, Sumikaze's presence was not detected by the MUMU team, and she has no reflection in the glass. The MUMU editor did say "For now Sumikaze...go out and find (X)", which could be interpreted two ways: a. For the reporter girl, it seems she took it as "find info", but it's pretty clear her colleague took it as b. "find her", implying she's missing. Could she be having an out of body experience? Dead?

4. Miyuu called Sumikaze on a later date, and she did show up and have a conversation with Miyuu. Was this really her? If it is, was she still "corporeal"? If she is "corporeal", does that mean Miyuu has more than just precognition?

5. Sarai seems merely asking about the website, implying he found out about Gamon's identity as the website's manager, but not necessary his involvement with his father's death.

6. Based on the preview of episode 5, the lock for the golden key was finally discovered. What was locked behind it?

Add all these to the mysteries shown in previous episode (Professor's death, "the other party", detective's party, list?, experiment?, cafe master's suspicious behaviour, Chi-chan's disappearance, the white haired kid, the demon Gamon saw, etc.), and we have a tonne of question marks to slash. I'm definitely intrigued.
Oct 30, 2016 5:13 AM

Jul 2013
I really can't take this series seriously, especially in the parts involving Gamon. The café scene with Ryotasu's dancing, Gamon screaming and the café master's behavior in general was too hillarious to being taken seriously (and I guess that was the idea of such scene). I'm also suspecting that Ryotasu might be something more than a normal girl. I don't know why, but I have that feeling all the times she says something to Gamon.

Demon dude is not a demon, but just a person who can leave his body for some time. Interesting. And, after seeing all the teories about Touko being dead/having an astral experience too, I wonder if she is also more of what she appears to be.

The series is actually surprisingly interesting despite how hard is to take it seriously at times.
Oct 30, 2016 5:36 AM

Jan 2008
I wonder if Touko is really dead after seeing the hints and theory about this. The devil is in reality a person who can leave his body behind. He seems like an interesting person. Not many questions were answered. We still do not know the reason behind the 'mass suicide'.

Gamon is still acting suspicious and people are interested in him, because of his blog.
Oct 30, 2016 5:44 AM

Feb 2012
missimperfect said:

We didn't really get much information about either the Professor nor the mass bodies case except the possibility that the latter is done to cover up or slowing down the process of the Professor case.

What kind of stupid cover-up is that? That's like accidentally running over your girlfriend's cat and trying to distract from it by setting an entire zoo on fire.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Oct 30, 2016 6:26 AM
May 2010
urishino said:
This episode is pretty good for me, partly because I can completely ignore the bouncing boobs and not let it affect my viewing experience, and partly because there are quite a lot of hints dropped this episode.

1. "Devil" simply has an out of body experience, but based on episode 2, he can affect the physical world (broke the light) if he chose to.

2. The boob girl is once again showing suspicious behaviour, cornering Gamon about the non-existence of invisible enemy. Could she be affiliated with "the other party" the detective mentioned?

3. The reporter girl, Sumikaze's presence was not detected by the MUMU team, and she has no reflection in the glass. The MUMU editor did say "For now Sumikaze...go out and find (X)", which could be interpreted two ways: a. For the reporter girl, it seems she took it as "find info", but it's pretty clear her colleague took it as b. "find her", implying she's missing. Could she be having an out of body experience? Dead?

4. Miyuu called Sumikaze on a later date, and she did show up and have a conversation with Miyuu. Was this really her? If it is, was she still "corporeal"? If she is "corporeal", does that mean Miyuu has more than just precognition?

5. Sarai seems merely asking about the website, implying he found out about Gamon's identity as the website's manager, but not necessary his involvement with his father's death.

6. Based on the preview of episode 5, the lock for the golden key was finally discovered. What was locked behind it?

Add all these to the mysteries shown in previous episode (Professor's death, "the other party", detective's party, list?, experiment?, cafe master's suspicious behaviour, Chi-chan's disappearance, the white haired kid, the demon Gamon saw, etc.), and we have a tonne of question marks to slash. I'm definitely intrigued.

^This. I would also add that perhaps, Miyuu might have heightened spiritual senses as a fortuneteller and is thus able to see Touka. And add "Ascension" as a keyword as well.

Also:
Body count: 256 (remember Shun talking about 256 "guinea pigs" in episode 2? Coincidence? Maybe.)

I also suspect Touka being dead, but then again, ghosts need no doors. Also, her editor-in-chief seemed to know the Inokashira Park Incident was a crime, despite it being reported as a mass suicide... Hmm.

I suspect all of Ryoka's antics is just an act; episode 3 showed us a glimpse of that, and the way she questioned Yuta this episode... She is not brainless as some might think.

Prankster_001 said:
ButtSlapper said:

really?thats pathetic. i highly suggest you to go to japan and bomb A1's head studio. at least do some actions not imagination
thanks for d advice kid but i'm here to humiliate this anime and tell it's staff how weird and bad this anime is :P

If you want to do so, an email's better; and best if you type it in Japanese. I highly doubt they would bother scouring the internet and translating forums for fun.
l0l1n470rOct 30, 2016 6:58 AM
Oct 30, 2016 6:51 AM

May 2015
Still forcing myself to watch this show. Close to dropping.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 30, 2016 7:17 AM
Feb 2016
Flawfinder said:

What kind of stupid cover-up is that? That's like accidentally running over your girlfriend's cat and trying to distract from it by setting an entire zoo on fire.

Well from the anime's pov it is effective because the whole nation's attention is directed towards the mass body case and not onto the Professor's but I'm sure we will get back to the Professor although it might only show greater effect for those who are involved with him than the nation's ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oct 30, 2016 7:19 AM

Dec 2014
so many other insights... I just hope they connect it all together in the end
Oct 30, 2016 7:37 AM

Jun 2013
Not as good as the first two but still miles above the first two, honestly the show would be much better without that one big breasted chick.
Oct 30, 2016 7:49 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm that was an interesting episode
So the main cast of Gamu, Miyu and Ryoka are investigating the case and trying to debunk the current theory while Touko is investigating the witness's story.

While at the same time we get to see the Origin story for the devil that accompanies and works with Aria. So the devil was actually a spirit then eh.

This case though does seem to be rather strange and 100+ bodies in one location is a lot.

Miyu is the voice of reason eh within Gamu's group
while Ryoka is the comic relief

So Gamu is now trying to investigate the murder case as well then eh
and in doing so connect to Ririka the author

And miyu is still looking for her friend
I hope that her friend isn't one of the victims though

And looks like Gamu finally encountered the professors son in the end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2016 9:24 AM

May 2010
Gamon-kun stop talking so fast
These theories about the characters being dead are interesting, and the show is far from boring so I'll keep waching
Oct 30, 2016 10:03 AM

May 2009
Jesus Christ, when these whinners finally drop it get the fuck out of this subforum?

Anyway, Sumeragi was completely ignored by her co-workers nad she DIDN'T HAVE reflection in door-glass. Seriously, whole cast probably died in that lake and now are wondering like ghosts. Some of dead bodies even look like them

Also, dem titties were so nicely animated (guy who did whole episode also scribbled endcard)
bastek66Oct 30, 2016 10:12 AM
Oct 30, 2016 10:22 AM

Sep 2016
This show would be better without Gamon's absolutely insufferable personality. Not a lot happened this episode. At least the show managed to get me invested in the story, I really want to find out what happened to the people at the lake. I do not think that they all killed themselves.
Oct 30, 2016 10:30 AM

Jun 2013
god dammit i can't keep up with the story and was that astral projection? that thing the black haired dude did
Oct 30, 2016 10:33 AM

Jan 2013
I finally pinpointed why I don't like this show. It has a bad case of anime-ADHD; it is loud, hasty, and never concentrates on anything.
Oct 30, 2016 11:26 AM
Mar 2015
I can't believe this is coming out of the same guy who wrote Stein;sGate. You'd never seen two shows so different in quality...
Oct 30, 2016 1:50 PM

Feb 2014
Gamon runs his mouth faster than Sonic the Hedgehog's sprinting at full speed. A lot of info dumping, but was spoken super quickly. >_<

The mysterious mass death has my attention still. It's unclear if it was a mass suicide or a mass hypnosis that led them to their death. Only time and decent investigative skills will eventually find the truth about the incident.

Good episode and how can Ryoka jump so easily with her massive watermelons causing her back problems!? O_O
Oct 30, 2016 7:17 PM

Mar 2013
Man this show sure rides the tightrope between watch and dropped for me

On the one hand I like the visuals and the story/characters aren't complete garbage

But on the other hand, sometimes, I just don't get what the deal with these people is
Oct 30, 2016 7:21 PM

Apr 2009
Dahyun said:
Gamon-kun stop talking so fast
These theories about the characters being dead are interesting, and the show is far from boring so I'll keep waching
i would even think that Gamon is ruthless fast-talking idiot anyway i wanna kill him so badly
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Oct 30, 2016 8:06 PM

Apr 2016
After the pleasantly surprising episode three, we're thrust back into the caffeinated, ADHD-addled world of Gamon. It's a bad place to be.

I feel like this show is going to keep stringing us along on its various plot threads and attempt to make it all pay off at the last minute. By then, will it even be worth it in the minute chance that it all comes together in a satisfying way?
Oct 30, 2016 8:49 PM
Aug 2013
Well at least the plot is somewhat starting to make sense but no Detective X Fujoshi = Bad Episode. I really hate the main character and his big tits girlfriend.
Oct 30, 2016 9:45 PM

Jul 2014
This is getting a bit boring, and dumb boobs girl, annoying.
Oct 31, 2016 7:56 AM

May 2015
a quick summary till now will be helpful

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Oct 31, 2016 1:03 PM

Apr 2008
I wonder what Akuma-kun meant by "I have, time and time again... have died", is it literal death? This and the scene before he started wandering around suggests that he is used to this experience, almost feels like an out of body experience.
TheGeniusBaka said:
a quick summary till now will be helpful

This might help.
Oct 31, 2016 5:21 PM

Jan 2014
Slowly the stories with a story begin to converge, revealing subtle clues (or not), while both mystery and annoyance deepen regarding Ryo-tan's outrageous gravity-defying boobs. Can we talk about these boobs for a moment? Should I be ignoring them? Is it wrong to be so perturbed by them since they are, after all, a natural part of a woman's anatomy? But they're so big, so exceedingly large, and there doesn't seem to be much more to Ryo-tan's character than to alarmingly jump up and down and pirouette back and forth from view, her boobs perfectly suspended, as if the director is trying to tell me something, something that's right in front of my eyes, yet I pretend not to see it ...

... Touko most certainly didn't have a reflection and no one in the office took the slightest notice of her, yet she was able to converse with Miyuu while sipping coffee. Who is dead? Who's a ghost? Who's a real akuma versus just some dude who's able to astral project? Who believes in the occult? Why is a boy who doesn't believe in the occult surrounded by mysteries and the holder of a magic key? This is only episode 4 and find myself re-watching episodes searching for clues I may have missed.
Oct 31, 2016 5:52 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I feel like something is there, staring me in the face but I just can't figure out what.

I don't want to believe that most of the characters are dead, because that's just plain lame. But I can't deny that the reporter girl was off in some way.

Clearly there's more to Ryouka than meets the eye, but people are still complaining about boobs for some reason.

Finally next episode we get to see what the key unlocks.

I am curious as to why they didn't continue the end of last episode when Yuuta was being attacked by some demon. I wonder if it has anything to do with the mass suicide?

I'd like to think all the plot points will converge at one point and all will be made clear.
Oct 31, 2016 7:17 PM

Dec 2009
Gazer said:
Mediocre episode, but still watchable. 3/5.
Nice desktop
Same.

This show is going at 1000mph, not setting up anything lol.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 31, 2016 8:14 PM

Aug 2015
bastek66 said:
Jesus Christ, when these whinners finally drop it get the fuck out of this subforum?

Anyway, Sumeragi was completely ignored by her co-workers nad she DIDN'T HAVE reflection in door-glass. Seriously, whole cast probably died in that lake and now are wondering like ghosts. Some of dead bodies even look like them

Also, dem titties were so nicely animated (guy who did whole episode also scribbled endcard)

Oohhhhh good one. The spoiler I mean.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Oct 31, 2016 8:17 PM

Aug 2014
When will the titan-boobs-girl be actually relevant or at least do something useful?
She did nothing other than wasting frames and animation budget so far..

As much as I don't get most things happened, and it reached 4 episodes already, with lots of nonsensical infodumps and train of events, I'm still kinda curious of what will happen later, and still find this surprisingly watchable.. At least..
But hey, Miyu got more than 5 minutes screentime in this ep!
Nov 1, 2016 4:16 AM

Mar 2011
GenesisAria said:
Gazer said:
Mediocre episode, but still watchable. 3/5.
Nice desktop
Same.

This show is going at 1000mph, not setting up anything lol.

That's it, you really nailed it. Let's hope it gets better.

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Nov 1, 2016 4:57 AM
Aug 2013
Oh yeah, I have to hand it to Yuki Kaji for being able to talk at that speed, not many can do that. Though I swear at some points you can hear him take quick breaths.
Nov 1, 2016 7:11 AM

Jan 2010
Theory - All Dead (or almost all)

There is a large organization working in the city (CERN (?) LOL), Shun is one of the members of this detective disguised organization, supposedly the goal of this organization is to do some tests to find out if there is life after death, as Shun said they had 256 guinea pigs, the same number of bodies found in the river bottom, all these people have suffered mass hypnosis (Gamota and Touko who died knew it - Gamota wanting to deny -) and committed suicide all at once
Hypnosis was done through a video or website, there are several references in the open about it (just read my topic on the meaning of opening) which greatly resembles Junko in Dangan Ronpa nothing impossible nowadays.
Half organization knew that city had magnetic properties that allowed paranormal events, so the whole discussion around supernatural cases and the allure of Internet users who access the Kiri Kiri Basara.
The teacher eventually discovered the names of people involved with the organization and kept in a safe, closed with the key that was in his mouth.
Now, coincidentally, the list cited by Shun has nine names could not be other names if not the main characters of the anime, but that the organization wanted so much to this list of 9 names? Because these nine names have been guinea pigs that organization before, but having your logo off then memories.
Gamota:
Ririka: Clairvoyance through drawings
Miyuu: Clairvoyance
Shun: higher cognitive skills (so so new can be a detective)
Touko: You should know any secrets about the organization (probably her boss is a member)
Aria: The ability to see dead people
Kiryuu: Ability to do astral travel (it seemed to me in episode 04, and not the fact that he is dead)
Ryouka:
Sarai: Being the son of a teacher, should know something

Evidences:
- Episode 04: All team members ignore Touko as if she was not there. The reflection of the same does not appear in mirror
- Spoilers: Someone told me that in the bodies found in the river, was the Gamota
- Miyuu and their views Episode 04: Miyuu having visions of herself in the bottom of the river, beyond the same interact with Touko
- Unidentified Bodies: I read a theory that spirits only remain on earth because they do not know they are dead, Gamota, Miyuu and Ryouka saw that they had not identified all the bodies, that because they did not read their names there, because then they would have to 'wake up'.
- Aria and Train - Episode 04: In episode 04 I clearly appears that the Aria ended up playing on the train, after all, as she disappeared out of nowhere?
- Shun telling Sarai take care: It kind of was a threat, so he may also have been captured.
- Gamota unshaded in foreclosure. Maybe a tip (?)

4 episodes still can not really prepare anything, but some things we already have certain
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Nov 1, 2016 7:47 AM

Nov 2009
grymdylan said:
ryotas tiddies dont bother me as much as they do others, but it is the first time i've been annoyed at anime tits. i know someone with almost the same sized tidders and they dont move at all, in the slightest. ryotas why you gotta have magic tit

I suppose people with impressive breasts learn to move in a way that doesn't cause much bouncing, because it hurts. Bras might help too.
Ryo-tas isn't concerned about such things. Maybe they are not real, and thus do not feel pain. Maybe Ryo-tas doesn't feel pain at all. Maybe she has a psychological condition that causes her to move around a lot.

GanbatteBakemono said:
Slowly the stories with a story begin to converge, revealing subtle clues (or not), while both mystery and annoyance deepen regarding Ryo-tan's outrageous gravity-defying boobs. Can we talk about these boobs for a moment? Should I be ignoring them? Is it wrong to be so perturbed by them since they are, after all, a natural part of a woman's anatomy? But they're so big, so exceedingly large, and there doesn't seem to be much more to Ryo-tan's character than to alarmingly jump up and down and pirouette back and forth from view, her boobs perfectly suspended, as if the director is trying to tell me something, something that's right in front of my eyes, yet I pretend not to see it ...

How about her lightning gun? I'm not an expert, but it seems impossible to make with modern technology.
Yet nobody notices that, because they're too busy looking at her boobs.

missimperfect said:
Gamon's trying to act as usual and normal but I don't understand how he just bravely told the girls and the shop owner that his radio can speak? It's just like back when episode 1 where he just go and grab the knife and ended up being scared of getting accused as the murderer of the Professor. There's only a thin line that separates bravery and stupidity.

In case you didn't notice, Gamon isn't clever. While he is the type that should work with their head, his head isn't particularly smart. His site project probably doesn't make enough money to pay for electricity spent making it. He calls himself a NEET, even though he goes to school (that might be part of his internet persona, though). He didn't think what he should lie when asked where he has been for a whole week.

BlackstarFallen said:
Gamon needs to take a chill pill. He talks way too fast.

"Doctor, can you give me some pills, I am too nervous because I'm the main suspect in the "murder of the professor" case." Probably a bad idea, especially for the nervous Gamon.
Nov 1, 2016 8:06 AM

Nov 2011
If the next episodes will be so, no more headache. XD
Easy to read the narration, I do not think that everything that has happened, is not connected with each other; who knows if the climax of the story, is to find the culprit? Satisfied that there is a step forward in the knowledge of the duo, who lives selling curses. Overall it less adrenaline but much more enjoyable. Good soundtrack.
Nov 1, 2016 8:26 AM
Feb 2016
flannan said:
]
In case you didn't notice, Gamon isn't clever. While he is the type that should work with their head, his head isn't particularly smart. His site project probably doesn't make enough money to pay for electricity spent making it. He calls himself a NEET, even though he goes to school (that might be part of his internet persona, though). He didn't think what he should lie when asked where he has been for a whole week.

I agree with your opinion that he's a character who isn't clever but I'm sure whether he's clever or not there is still a thing called common sense which I hope he will improve on it when he has already experienced incidents that could possibly bring harm to him :)
Nov 1, 2016 9:21 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
256 mistery deaths, and a new strange character...this series when explodes, can be a a wonder or some shit....now, we have to wait!!!
Nov 1, 2016 10:02 AM

Apr 2015
It's tiring to talk theories about this title, so I'll just roll with it.

Okay episode, entertaining, the interruption in the middle was so well produced.
Nov 1, 2016 1:13 PM

May 2012
thebrentinator24 said:
ButadonMeitante said:

I noticed that too. And it looked like she didn't have a reflection when she looked at herself right before leaving the office.

Nothing really stood out in this episode for me, it felt similar to episode 1 where there was just a bunch of yelling and Ryo-Tits was being annoying. It got interesting at the end though when Gamon was confronted by Sarai.

EDIT :

Going through the comment section makes me realized that i've been missing a lot in the series and honestly i have no idea what im seeing. ._.
So, I decided to rewatch the episodes - AGAIN - to reconfirm some of the theories that been going through the comment section.

EPISODE 1 :

EPISODE 2 :

EPISODE 3 :

EPISODE 4:

and here'sa few evidence i gather through the opening song :
SPOILER ALERT THOUGH.

Based on the evidence i gather through screen shot shown above,

First I assume its part of genetic experiment that might be illlegal and go wrong, showing "abandon building" in the opening, advanced computer and technologies implementation, not too mention HAIR. It couldve been a re-occuring event, such as when Shun said that, "they wont able to change the future". assume either it happen before or they was prophesized from the past.

Next is regarding the "astral form" . Shun might have the ability similar to Kiryuu, let assume that when he is in his astral form, his physical body either sleep, and didnt age, or slowing down the aging process, lead to how he look so young eventhough he's quite mature and knowledgeable, not too mention cunning as well. similar to touka as well, and the part she was talking about afterlife, probably figured it out already.

Third, the demon. it might actually the thing they trying to prevent from happening. hell i dont even know. or the KID with the white hair, or grey. totally forgot.

Fourth, Prophetic ability. A few characters already shown prophetic ability such as Gamon,Miyu, Ririka, TOuka.

Fifth. The girl. who looks like Aria, but heck who knows.

Thus, ill end here and wait for next eps. feel free to comented on my finding as im curious what others thinks of it??

kidlat020 said:
who do you think is gonna lose control? I'm guessing Chi-chan

I assume its the girl in the OP.haha
khonsutoraNov 1, 2016 3:46 PM
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Nov 1, 2016 1:37 PM

Dec 2009
flannan said:
GanbatteBakemono said:
How about her lightning gun? I'm not an expert, but it seems impossible to make with modern technology.
It's a handheld Tesla coil made to look like a ray gun (though it looks/sounds like it's made of plastic like a toy), that said there's no way to get enough power with current battery tech to make any more than a tiny spark (which you wouldn't even feel) from something that big. Tesla coils ain't tasers. I wouldn't go so far as saying it's impossible, but it would take a LOT more people understanding electrical theory of the original kind to even attempt.
GenesisAriaNov 1, 2016 1:45 PM

Nov 1, 2016 1:59 PM

Nov 2009
missimperfect said:
flannan said:
]

I agree with your opinion that he's a character who isn't clever but I'm sure whether he's clever or not there is still a thing called common sense which I hope he will improve on it when he has already experienced incidents that could possibly bring harm to him :)

Well, he didn't have much common sense from the start, and now is not the time to be getting any, so I would not expect it.

GenesisAria said:
flannan said:
It's a handheld Tesla coil made to look like a ray gun (though it looks/sounds like it's made of plastic like a toy), that said there's no way to get enough power with current battery tech to make any more than a tiny spark (which you wouldn't even feel) from something that big. Tesla coils ain't tasers. I wouldn't go so far as saying it's impossible, but it would take a LOT more people understanding electrical theory of the original kind to even attempt.

I guess that's the best explanation. Ryo-tas's gun is less powerful than a tazer or a stungun, but Gamon seems to feel it. The distance is bigger than for tesla coils I've seen too. But in the end, it does not seem all that impossible now.
As for shape, this shape not only looks like a retrofuturistic ray gun. It's also good for preventing the gun from accidentally hitting the user (by discharging along the surface). At least, if the materials are chosen properly.
Nov 1, 2016 3:48 PM

Dec 2009
flannan said:
GenesisAria said:

I guess that's the best explanation. Ryo-tas's gun is less powerful than a tazer or a stungun, but Gamon seems to feel it. The distance is bigger than for tesla coils I've seen too. But in the end, it does not seem all that impossible now.
As for shape, this shape not only looks like a retrofuturistic ray gun. It's also good for preventing the gun from accidentally hitting the user (by discharging along the surface). At least, if the materials are chosen properly.
Making a weapon shock someone without being deadly is far more difficult than making it benign or deadly. Tasers get away with it by causing a short-circuit in the body, it only zaps one particular part of the body and whatever nerves are en between the two electrodes. You can touch a multi-thousand watt Tesla coil, and if you're insulated, the most that'll happen is your hair will stand up. If you are grounded then it'll take a shortcut through your body to the nearest ground, and will only effect that part of your body.
Three possible results from electrocution:
1) Muscles maybe tense up so you can't move, but not much else
2) You feel immense pain and muscles "glitch"
3) You get exterior burns from the plasma

Giving someone the harmless "zap" is a very delicate medium already (for shock pens etc), but doing that for a whole body cartoon style is a different story.

Electrical current is nothing more than the flow of energy like the flow of water (though much faster). No particles, but give it a path of low resistance towards a capacitive object (ground, analogous a vacuum container that will cause liquid or gas to be pushed into it)... It's all pressure mediation. If there's not much resistance (ie twists/turns/obsticles/forks) then the current will traverse unnoticed. It's the materials in between that induct and redirect the energy, and things like nerves pick it up causing muscular signals etc. If the material reaches it's capacitance it starts radiating it out to nearby, and if all the nearby also reached capacitance, you have excess energy destabilizing the chemical makeup and you get burns.
...If that current goes through the heart and disrupts it's rhythm, then you have an engine stall, aka cardiac arrest.

All that said, it's far from impossible, and if someone makes it, i want one.
GenesisAriaNov 1, 2016 4:08 PM

Nov 1, 2016 6:01 PM

Nov 2015
I can't believe I'm still watching this anime...
I do not understand a thing!!
Nov 1, 2016 10:11 PM

Nov 2009
GenesisAria said:
flannan said:

Making a weapon shock someone without being deadly is far more difficult than making it benign or deadly. Tasers get away with it by causing a short-circuit in the body, it only zaps one particular part of the body and whatever nerves are en between the two electrodes. You can touch a multi-thousand watt Tesla coil, and if you're insulated, the most that'll happen is your hair will stand up. If you are grounded then it'll take a shortcut through your body to the nearest ground, and will only effect that part of your body.
Three possible results from electrocution:
1) Muscles maybe tense up so you can't move, but not much else
2) You feel immense pain and muscles "glitch"
3) You get exterior burns from the plasma

Giving someone the harmless "zap" is a very delicate medium already (for shock pens etc), but doing that for a whole body cartoon style is a different story.

Electrical current is nothing more than the flow of energy like the flow of water (though much faster). No particles, but give it a path of low resistance towards a capacitive object (ground, analogous a vacuum container that will cause liquid or gas to be pushed into it)... It's all pressure mediation. If there's not much resistance (ie twists/turns/obsticles/forks) then the current will traverse unnoticed. It's the materials in between that induct and redirect the energy, and things like nerves pick it up causing muscular signals etc. If the material reaches it's capacitance it starts radiating it out to nearby, and if all the nearby also reached capacitance, you have excess energy destabilizing the chemical makeup and you get burns.
...If that current goes through the heart and disrupts it's rhythm, then you have an engine stall, aka cardiac arrest.

All that said, it's far from impossible, and if someone makes it, i want one.

I'm pretty sure "whole body cartoon style" is just a visual effect. That gun cannot actually be so powerful it will cause a coronal discharge from all the guy's body so powerful it can be seen in ordinary light.
Also, there are three variables to use when changing lethality of electric current.
1) Current. That's what causes the victim to burn up to a crisp. That gun cannot have much current, both due to size, and because Tesla coils produce low currents.
2) Voltage. That's what determines the range. The range cannot be longer than the length of the "barrel" of the gun. If the max range is about 10cm, that translates to voltage of about 300kV (which should not be used in toys, if you ask me).
3) Frequency. It's actually pretty important for things like cardiac arrest, which the gun's designers surely do not want.
This article can be useful: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_shock , though I'd better refer to my textbook on electric safety when I have the time.
Nov 1, 2016 10:52 PM

Oct 2014
This episode had like 5 minutes on new information (they already showed us the dead bodies and haven't really told us anything new about it. We learned a little about that ghost who follows Aria? The rest was mostly chatter and then Yuta (who's a pretty boring protagonist) suddenly panicking because oh yeah, he could be framed for murder.
I have no idea who that was at the end.
Nov 1, 2016 11:20 PM

Dec 2009
flannan said:
GenesisAria said:

I'm pretty sure "whole body cartoon style" is just a visual effect. That gun cannot actually be so powerful it will cause a coronal discharge from all the guy's body so powerful it can be seen in ordinary light.
Also, there are three variables to use when changing lethality of electric current.
1) Current. That's what causes the victim to burn up to a crisp. That gun cannot have much current, both due to size, and because Tesla coils produce low currents.
2) Voltage. That's what determines the range. The range cannot be longer than the length of the "barrel" of the gun. If the max range is about 10cm, that translates to voltage of about 300kV (which should not be used in toys, if you ask me).
3) Frequency. It's actually pretty important for things like cardiac arrest, which the gun's designers surely do not want.
This article can be useful: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_shock , though I'd better refer to my textbook on electric safety when I have the time.
I was referring to the electricity going throughout his whole body, not the visual effect used to represent it. I haven't done a whole lot with actual electrical mechanics, as i more study field theory and electrical theory. The voltage is the energy density/pressure, the quantitative value of charge in a system; the amperage is the flow in the system. W=VA is literally the the electrical analogue of F=ma. High voltage is high charge, and that means there's a lot of energy to be inducted, meaning it can go many places which aren't the same as the lowest resistance direction (because the total energy exceeds the capacitance of the main channel). They say the current does the damage, because the current is what drives it into the tissue, as opposed to if there's low current, the energy pressure will alleviate itself everywhere it can, and thus not do much because the energy is spread out.

There is no frequency in DC power, and for a Tesla coil to work it'd need an inverter within it powered by the battery (hence why making it that small is a joke); the frequency alternation is a longitudinal force on the current, akin to pushing on a pole instead of waving a rope. With a longitudinally arranged system (such as the coil beneath the emitter in Tesla's coil) you can actually achieve FTL voltage shifts (not much faster though, depends on the travel distance). To understand a Tesla coil you need to know LMD. At any rate, all that comes out the the emitter dome is just natural arcing (lightning), which tends to plasma burn you more than actually affect your organs, because it travels through you pretty well (note: lightning has very low amperage compared to voltage). The burning hurts more than the zap, and the burning only happens where the plasma arc contacts your body.

Once again, Tesla coils ain't tasers. They use natural electricity, making them less damaging to material systems they contact. Their value is that Tesla worked out the LMD/TEM model of electricity and reproduced nature's lightning, as opposed to the "dirty lightning" that other electronic arcs are.
GenesisAriaNov 1, 2016 11:30 PM

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

216 by tokino_sora »»
Mar 7, 2:28 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2016

448 by andreyous »»
Feb 9, 8:35 PM

» For the people who seen it

mathbg - Sep 8, 2023

3 by mathbg »»
Sep 9, 2023 8:11 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

97 by Abyhape »»
Jan 24, 2023 9:24 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2016

142 by Kitty-Kate »»
Nov 30, 2022 12:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.