Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 7, 2016 8:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This has the feel of the other WIXOSS series, starts off calm and lighthearted but bits of darker elements begins to emerge..

They didn't waste much time getting to the LRIG stuff so that was good. Pacing wise, I think it's fine so far. Not expecting the show to focus on the game mechanics as it's more about drama.

The main girl Homura seems like a decent character although I didn't like the opponent she faced. Not bad for the first episode.
Oct 7, 2016 10:33 AM

Aug 2011
Screw this man, call me a casual but wixoss anime without Okada involve is just not right. The only thing that intrigues me of watching this anime is because Kiyoi will appearing later on judging from the PV.
Oct 7, 2016 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
I never watched a Wixoss series before, but this show seems pretty cool. Will probably continue to watch.
Oct 7, 2016 11:22 AM

Apr 2014
Pretty good first episode

I'm just waiting for it to get darker as the show goes on

Oct 7, 2016 11:29 AM

Nov 2012
interesting first episode, i like this new concept for WIXOSS battles. and i like that guys can be selectors this time too.

also is that piruluk in the OP?
Oct 7, 2016 11:39 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Some more WIXOSS finally. That was nice.
Oct 7, 2016 11:51 AM

Dec 2014
Quite an interesting start.

I kinda felt bad for Suzuko in the beginning, She tried to introduce herself the best she could and the people in the class had this absolute disinterested look on their faces, Not to mention that they ignored her and even started gossiping about her? She even ate lunch alone. :(
It was still nice to see her remain cheery and read all those letters of her, Bottom line I think Suzuko should be a good lead for the show.

As for the WIXOSS itself, They wasted no time getting into the game and introducing selectors. The area where Suzuko met her LRIG seems like a destroyed version of Mayu's world from the original series.

Quite a few new elements in the game and the theme of the series also seems to be different.
In the last series, The stakes were the wishes of the Selectors. This time around we're putting the very existence of a person on the table, The previous series was more about finding the strength to see your wishes through the end no matter the countless other wishes you had to trample upon but here it's more like a survival battle since it's one's own identity that's on the table. If the old series was a battle of conviction, This one is more of a battle against fate since none of the selectors are given a choice to battling.
The whole betting element of the battle looked interesting. Wonder if the series will explain the game mechanics at some point.

Interested in seeing how the series is gonna develop these new elements and themes and what direction it's gonna head, Looking forward to more episodes.
Lelouch0202Oct 7, 2016 11:54 AM
Oct 7, 2016 11:58 AM

Sep 2015
Aaah I can see it coming, the battle between those two
This episode was really good
Oct 7, 2016 12:16 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Felt a bit fast-paced to me, but I guess it's okay since you already have all the information about the universe from the original WIXOSS

In any case nice to see some new additions to the battles this time around and slightly different themes so we might get some variety too

I still really want to watch the Destructed movie as well but those subs seem to be taking their sweet time..
Oct 7, 2016 12:17 PM

Nov 2012
VanishingKira said:
Wonder if you were suppose to watch the wixoss movie before this?

the destructed movie is just a recap of the first two seasons with some new scenes, no need to watch it before this.
Oct 7, 2016 12:24 PM

Mar 2013
Wow! The series getting at every new season darker... I love it, exactly my taste!!!
Oct 7, 2016 12:25 PM

Jul 2013
HaXXspetten said:
Felt a bit fast-paced to me, but I guess it's okay since you already have all the information about the universe from the original WIXOSS

In any case nice to see some new additions to the battles this time around and slightly different themes so we might get some variety too

I still really want to watch the Destructed movie as well but those subs seem to be taking their sweet time..

The subs are actually already done. Asenshi finished. And while it is mostly a re-cap I would say its a must. But hey Im the typical WIXOSS fanboy who likes everything WIXOSS.
Oct 7, 2016 12:30 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Calal-Chan said:
HaXXspetten said:

The subs are actually already done. Asenshi finished. And while it is mostly a re-cap I would say its a must. But hey Im the typical WIXOSS fanboy who likes everything WIXOSS.
oh wow I didn't even notice, last checked a week ago and there was still nothing but I guess October 2nd was the magic date

well I guess I ought to watch that this weekend too then
Oct 7, 2016 1:16 PM
Mar 2016
Man, this WIXOSS practically. deviates from the season 2.
Oct 7, 2016 1:22 PM

Jul 2013
HaXXspetten said:
Calal-Chan said:

oh wow I didn't even notice, last checked a week ago and there was still nothing but I guess October 2nd was the magic date

well I guess I ought to watch that this weekend too then

Yes you should. :P
Oct 7, 2016 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
I hope they will explain how Selectors still exist after all they went through in the second season (unless it's already done in the movie I didn't watch LOL) but I still liked this episode a lot, this character is interesting, she's really different from Ruuko, we could say so far she looks quite the opposite, which is good - cause it'd be awful to see a copy of her. I feel sorry for this girl but I can't wait for more drama to come, also the design and the graphic really got better, I am happy about that.
removed-userOct 7, 2016 1:37 PM
Oct 7, 2016 1:26 PM

Jul 2012
This definitely has the feel of the old series. I am not sure if I like the new MC though. I hope they do not re-use old concepts or dark parts from the old series.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Oct 7, 2016 1:49 PM

Mar 2015
Felt very similar to original series, a bit too similar lol, hope they change it up. Still an alright introduction though
Oct 7, 2016 1:55 PM

Oct 2012
Was that blue-haired girl from the opening one of the LRIGS from the previous anime?
Oct 7, 2016 2:06 PM
Sep 2016
MaahHeim said:
Was that blue-haired girl from the opening one of the LRIGS from the previous anime?

She was Akira's LRIG, Puruluk.
Oct 7, 2016 2:08 PM

Aug 2015
So anyone knows where can I find English sub for this? Besides Kissanime and gogoanime
Oct 7, 2016 2:08 PM

Dec 2014
So I can watch this with no prior knowledge of this series?
Oct 7, 2016 2:13 PM

Feb 2016
GIFF MAYU OR RIOT ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
I really hope they connect the stories somehow...

Not bad for a first episode, though. The pacing was a bit fast but I liked it, got straight to the point and old WIXOSS watchers should already know what happens. I also liked that they explained the rules a bit more, although they didn't tell us what the finishing move do. Not a big fan of the memory thing but we will see how this will play out..

Looking forward for more BATORU.
Oct 7, 2016 2:21 PM

Apr 2007
I absolutely love this already. There are a lot of changes to the game that make it feel more "adult" so to say which suits the new main characters. And there are even male selectors now! And Piruluk in the opening is interesting. There are a few LRIGs in the original that they could easily expand on, though I'm not sure how they'll do it here.

Digital_Fuzion said:
It's too early to tell. This appears to be a sequel with how the one character appears in the opening, and the world where they first meet their LRIG is similar to Mayu's, but there's no way to tell how much knowledge you'll need from the original series. As I said the rules have changed (there were no coins, no time limit, no betting just memories) so there are a lot of differences already too.

Normally I'd always recommend watching the original first, but right now I don't think it would hurt to watch this without it.
Oct 7, 2016 2:33 PM

Feb 2013
I hope that her childhood friend won't become her enemy.
Oct 7, 2016 2:37 PM

Jul 2013
Digital_Fuzion said:

Personally, I would say no. It already seems like its most likely a sequel and the first two seasons are pretty good anyway, but as others said its a bit early to tell.
Oct 7, 2016 3:25 PM

Oct 2012
micahsys said:
MaahHeim said:

She was Akira's LRIG, Puruluk.

Oh my god, I knew it. Thank you.
Oct 7, 2016 3:53 PM

Feb 2014
Calal-Chan said:
Digital_Fuzion said:

Personally, I would say no. It already seems like its most likely a sequel and the first two seasons are pretty good anyway, but as others said its a bit early to tell.

I agree , you should watch the first seasons .
Why ?
MarikGrOct 7, 2016 3:58 PM
Oct 7, 2016 3:53 PM

Oct 2012
Omg what Piruruku in the OP!
So I guess while this isn't directly related to infected/spread it definitely takes place in the same universe right? Since Piruruku has become a normal girl (seemingly).

Anyhow I can't help but feel that while this episode was enjoyable for me, it lacked a bit of what the other series had, nonetheless though I still really enjoyed it and look forward to seeing Chinatsu and Suzuko meet again.

I also like the subtle references that they made to the original story with the old battle stands ruined as time passed, as well as the similar mechanics and LRIGs but with slight changes because of Ruko's wish.

Overall I'd say I enjoyed it well by itself but with the prior knowledge of infected/spread, I loved it even more
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Oct 7, 2016 3:55 PM

Oct 2012
MarikGr said:
Calal-Chan said:

I agree , you should watch the first seasons .
As do I, it doesn't follow the same characters but the first seasons definitely build up a bit of knowledge surrounding the game, the concept of LRIGs and lots of other things. There were at least a few things in this ep alone that only previous season watchers would notice and get excited about or at least take note of
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Oct 7, 2016 4:25 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I'm just gonna say this is probably a spin off sequel, maybe they invented a new WIXOSS game. Anyway, it's nice to see this show at it again. I never would have imagined WIXOSS would get 3 seasons.

I'm more anxious to see the reunion with Chinatsu. Kind of feel bad for Suzuko, she just came back to her hometown and girls are talking bad about her.

I like the concept, adds more to the game in terms of stakes.

Oct 7, 2016 4:39 PM

Mar 2008
With all the problems I had of the original two series I wonder if a new staff, new writer and director at the helm can really hone in on the original potential the show had. A pretty similar first start to the original minus any pointless foreshadowing like the original. Looks like a major difference is now males and females can be selectors where the original it only seemed like girls were, maybe there were boys in some of the crowd scenes in the originals but them being all girls makes plenty sense with

I will have to keep up with this to see if this show will execute it's concept a lot better than the original the first episode is kind of standard fare but not bad. Character designs are certainly different enough, though I liked the originals just fine not sure why they changed it. Also appears to be a bit brighter, the original was rather dark visually which did help add to things so let's hope they can still find interesting visuals to make here.

Also hope the OST will be as good as the original most of the first half of the score was the same dull piano tune but with exciting battle music and a decently atmospheric selector tune.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Oct 7, 2016 5:18 PM

Dec 2014
Preferred the originals much more, but I do like this one so far. Some of the changes to the formula (male selectors, the coins, and that something greater is at stake for losing) are really neat and will likely add quite a bit of tension, especially considering the fact that avoiding battles is now counted against you. It also has a chance to get better if the characters develop.

I'm pretty sure the jackass dude is just this show's version of Aki-lucky. Smug-ass dudes like that are one of my favorite character types.
Oct 7, 2016 5:21 PM

Oct 2013
To anyone asking:
YES, you need to watch the first 2 seasons of WIXOSS, Selector Infected and Selector Spread. The movie, Selector Destructed, is optional but I still highly recommend checking it, since the added scenes explain some characters better and wrap up the ending a bit better than the TV Series.
Oct 7, 2016 6:50 PM

Aug 2012
Interested to see how the new staff spins this. All I hope for is that they connect it to the original, which seems somewhat likely, and that they maintain the dark mindfuckery of the game mechanics and consequences, and keep us guessing. I've missed being able to really theory craft on a show, something the original provided a lot of opportunity for.
Oct 7, 2016 6:52 PM

Apr 2012
Looks like the rules have changed, but this is still set in the same universe (the ruins, the old battle table can be seen briefly, and more importantly PIRULUK).
Very interesting!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Oct 7, 2016 7:37 PM
Oct 2009
Was great episode, i already love it. x3
It seems there is also male selectors. ^^
The last seasons was great because of that i have hope for this anime. :D
Oh mayy goshh Piruluk in Opening, cant wait for her moment!! :D
Oct 7, 2016 8:16 PM

Oct 2011
Piruluk ahhhhhhh omg
Oct 7, 2016 9:31 PM

Jan 2011
interesting to see this back again, hopefully the nail the psychology aspect as it's one the main redeeming factors of the series ,cool to see some males added to the selection as well.
Oct 7, 2016 9:58 PM

Oct 2008
okay, let's see, wixoss again...alternative setting?
the animation is better and much fine than the original ones, but as for the story, will it be the same with the MC being trapped inside the card?? (as indicated on the ED visuals)
No more usual "BATORU" that I always hear?
4/5.

Inferno_Blaze said:
I never watched a Wixoss series before, but this show seems pretty cool. Will probably continue to watch.

you need to watch S1 & S2!
matias067Oct 7, 2016 10:03 PM

Oct 7, 2016 11:00 PM

Dec 2013
Okay I'm lost already...

Didn't they destroy the games at the end of the second season? Is this suppose to be what happened during the main battles in seasons 1 and 2? Or some sort of prequel that leads up to the first two seasons?
I seriously don't know what to think right now...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 8, 2016 12:16 AM
Jul 2018
If winning a match restores the coin you have couldn't two selectors deliberatly alternate between winning and loseing?
Oct 8, 2016 12:22 AM

Dec 2012
BATORU!

Wow, the characters from this series really got the short end of the stick, compared to the ones in Selectors. Become an empty husk if you lose too much (including a potential insta-"game over" on your first game), can't even avoid battles, and all you get if you win 4+ times is that you're free from the game? Yeesh. (Unless they add something later, of course)

Male Selectors? What is this?!

PURURUK! HOLYSHIZ!

xshirino said:
(unless it's already done in the movie I didn't watch LOL)

It's not. The movie is a recap of Infected+Spread, with some additional scenes for some new characters and some that were already in the original series. Also, expanded ending.

L-Ryoshi said:
Okay I'm lost already...

Didn't they destroy the games at the end of the second season? Is this suppose to be what happened during the main battles in seasons 1 and 2? Or some sort of prequel that leads up to the first two seasons?
I seriously don't know what to think right now...

It seems to be a sequel, given the amount of destroyed scenery that seems to be referencing the first series (the white room where the Selectors meet their new LRIGs, the old "battle station" covered in overgrowth at ~18:35) and also

So, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what's the explanation here.

Sca15lett said:
If winning a match restores the coin you have couldn't two selectors deliberatly alternate between winning and loseing?

Well, everyone starts with one coin. So they'd need to take one from someone else first.
In the end, even if all Selectors entered an agreement to pass a coin around, at least one person would have to be axed to even start it.
TulicloureOct 8, 2016 12:25 AM
Oct 8, 2016 12:46 AM
Jul 2018
Tulicloure said:

Well, everyone starts with one coin. So they'd need to take one from someone else first.
In the end, even if all Selectors entered an agreement to pass a coin around, at least one person would have to be axed to even start it.

Isn't the number of coins you start with determined by the card you choose? Even if that isn't the case just because it can't protect all selectors doesn't mean that noone could/should use that tactic.
Oct 8, 2016 12:50 AM

Dec 2012
Sca15lett said:
Tulicloure said:

Isn't the number of coins you start with determined by the card you choose? Even if that isn't the case just because it can't protect all selectors doesn't mean that noone could/should use that tactic.

Is it? I might have missed if they said that.
But yeah, they totally could do something like that if they wanted. At least I think so (there might be some rules preventing this kind of exploitation).
Oct 8, 2016 12:51 AM
Nov 2013
I wasn't sure how this would compare to the first series, but man was this a good start. I see the similarities that people are talking about, bubut overall there are many different aspects that make this one unique.

Also, the animation and art were beautiful. Well done, JC Staff
Oct 8, 2016 2:10 AM

Aug 2013
it's baaaackkk
ohh I miss this kind of stuff
Oct 8, 2016 2:25 AM
Jul 2018
Tulicloure said:

It's not. The movie is a recap of Infected+Spread, with some additional scenes for some new characters and some that were already in the original series. Also, expanded ending

I see! Thank you for that information. I hope they will explain it then. I gotta make sure to watch the movie soon tho :)
Oct 8, 2016 3:06 AM

Jul 2012
I mean story-wise it's fine but it's done nothing at all to explain how the game works or what the cards they're using, Also wtf the games end in 3 turns? Also if your life literally depends on a card game why the hell aren't you buying packs and figuring out how to play or ordering the best deck in the game off J-Bay? Also it's pretty clear she didn't even read the manual properly since she ended her first turn without using any cards.

Also if you can bet coins to increase your power or whatever why didn't the guy bet like 3 or 4 of them when she was wide open?

Also calling it now but her and her friend will meet at some point but won't remember each other (Due to their memories being gone) until after they've battled.
Oct 8, 2016 3:26 AM

Jan 2014
WHAT ARE BOYS DOING IN MY WIXOSS ANIMU!? HISSSSSSSSSSSSSS

To be honest, Okuda being out is outstandingly evident. The start only barely managed to explain itself by the end, and the characters seem more empty than Ruuko's motivation, lol.
The new premise is interesting, though. Just gotta wait now for the HOW, since we know that

The new arena looks... dull, to be honest. What happened to the elemental divided field with all the lightning and shit?? You're telling me they're going Yu-Gi-Oh now??? smh
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

94 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 11:28 AM

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

40 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 10:53 AM

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

45 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 10:24 AM

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

45 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 7:59 AM

Poll: » Lostorage Incited WIXOSS Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2016

30 by yhagni »»
Aug 14, 2022 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.