Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 13, 2016 4:40 AM

Feb 2015
In my own view, you will lose that right to live if you take one's right to live.

Ergo, those who kill shall lose his/her right and everyone will have the freedom to kill him/her.
Sep 14, 2016 2:08 PM

Feb 2015
No I don't support the death penalty nor do I believe all life is equal either or justice system :P but I dunno.. it's kinda ,well goes like that saying where getting revenge won't bring em back.

I do believe they should die *evil thoughts*
Sep 14, 2016 2:15 PM

Jan 2014
I think it depends on the severity of the crime. And yes, I do believe in death penalties.
Notice how I said 'believe' not 'support'. There are various reasons, but the only one I'd like to mention here is that the person carrying out the crime is well aware of the consequences their action and hence there is nothing more that needs to be said.
Sep 15, 2016 3:24 AM

Oct 2015
Life in prison is just the long version of the death penalty.
Sep 15, 2016 4:37 AM

Dec 2014
Imprison for whole life is wasting the money to feed on them.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Sep 15, 2016 12:59 PM

Feb 2014
No, I do not support killing innocent people.
Sep 15, 2016 1:09 PM

Feb 2016
violity said:
Yes, we need to instill fear for people to be disciplined but that is also depending on the degree of the offense and what also has been done to the person harmed.

I hate this logic. I hate it for a number of reasons.

• An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.
  • People can change, people can repent, people can do better next time.
  • False accusations happen. Innocent people get sent down sometimes.
  • You cannot take back a death penalty. It's permanent.
  • Some people deserve to fucking suffer knowing what they've done.
Sep 15, 2016 1:14 PM
Mar 2013
Nope.

Costs more than life in prison and there's no going back if you got the wrong person. That's without getting into the moral side of things.
Sep 15, 2016 11:02 PM

Jan 2013
JD2411 said:
Nope.

Costs more than life in prison and there's no going back if you got the wrong person. That's without getting into the moral side of things.

It costs pretty much nothing to give a man a heavy brick, and have him beat the prisoner to death.
Sep 15, 2016 11:46 PM

Feb 2008
If you deprive an innocent person of their right to live then your revoke your own right to life.

In some cases, yes, it is justified. Taxpayer money should not be wasted on child rapists and serial murderers and other scum.
Sep 16, 2016 9:43 AM
Dec 2014
CondemneDio said:
It costs pretty much nothing to give a man a heavy brick, and have him beat the prisoner to death.

Or you can bill the cost of the bullet to the family as they do some countries.

However, the main cost isn't the execution itself, but the legal procedure that leads to it. And the reason the legal procedure is long (and as a result costly), is because there is no going back after you have executed a person.

Many courts operate on a "reasonable doubt" in establishing guilt or innocence. If capital punishment were to be implemented, I would consider that inadequate, and accept nothing less than proof "beyond all doubt". Which is often very hard to obtain. Any innocent wrongly executed would be unacceptable in my book. In practice, this leaves very few cases where it's applicable and straightforward enough that you can have a reasonably quick trial that proves guilt beyond all doubt.

@Veronin
On that basis why should taxpayers money be spent on lesser criminals even, when it could be spent on schools, hospitals or general infrastructure. Aside from the questionable "savings", I don't really think that tax-payers money can really be used as a reason, simply because just about anything is better than spending on any criminals.

I am more willing to accept, and might even accept that some crimes are so heinous that only punishment fit for it is death (though it does come across as "an eye for an eye"), than any sort of "economic" argument. The problem is that I could only accept a system that is 100% bulletproof, where no one be wrongly executed, where no one framed will be executed. The last point is a big issue. A person can only be found innocent or guilty, and if found guilty, needs to be punished in accordance to the law. Even in a cases where a person is being framed, the person will be punished as if guilty. With life-imprisonment, there is still the faint possibility that if new evidence surface, the verdict can be overturned, and the person is set free and partially compensated. Not great, but better than being dead. Needless to say there is no way to bring a executed person to life. Yet I can't see any court rule that a person is guilty, but won't be executed because there is the slightest possible chance that he might not be guilty because needless to say, that is wrong.

tldr: I am not going to miss any heinous criminals having their head lopped off. But I do not trust that any court to be absolutely infallible and I consider even a single mistake unacceptable. Less acceptable than having hundreds of heinous criminals executed instead forever locked up.
Sep 18, 2016 7:22 AM

Jan 2016
No. As Beccarìa said in his "On Crimes and Punishments" it's a better deterrent the certainty and celerity of the punishement than the severity. For the worst crimes I would go for a life sentence (and no reductions at all for good behaviour) with hard works.
Furthermore courts might make a mistake and condemn an innocent person. If that person is executed and later found innocent you won't be able to repair the mistake anymore.
manicheoSep 18, 2016 7:28 AM
Sep 18, 2016 3:55 PM

Apr 2016
No and yes. I actually think the death penalty is too lenient. However, until someone invents some sort of sensory deprivation tank, or something like the stasis tubes in Minority Report,* the death penalty is the best we have and should continue to use it.

* Please note, I'm only talking about the imprissonment method used in Minority Report. I do not support the whole punish-people-before-they-commit-a-crime thing.
Dec 11, 2022 4:27 PM

Nov 2022
death is better than prison IMO

Think about, why would you want to spend the rest or your life in prison instead of just get out of this world and try your luck in whatever is after.

can we make it an option

On the opposite note, a lot of people commit crimes not because their are evil, but because circumstances pushed them this way. See Black Lagoon crew as an example of such criminals.

Say do you believe personally believe Benny deserves to spend the rest of his days in prison as FBI wants him to?

Also it is sad how many people here want to cruelly punish abstract criminals who did nothing wrong to them personally.

I would understand if they done something bad to you personally and you want a payback or a salvation from them, like what Jigoku Shoujou deals with.

However just venting your cruelty on someone who did not hurt you is evil.
EmperorThorDec 11, 2022 4:43 PM
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Dec 11, 2022 6:05 PM

Oct 2016
I dont mainly because it seems a bit contradictory to kill someone for killing someone else. That and some people will think of them as a martyr.
Dec 11, 2022 6:09 PM

Jun 2017
No, But I support Banishment, every Criminal would be given 2 bottle of water and be dropped in the Sahara Desert, and then let fate decide
Dec 12, 2022 5:10 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
My friend was in Iran and he just messaged me that the government there was administrating the death penalty for people fighting for human rights. . But thanks to God penaldo Suddenly out of nowhere appeared a man who stole all those penalties. It was peeonel Pessi. I'm proud of you Pessi for saving the people of Iran..

Dec 12, 2022 5:12 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
spaceslut said:
I dont mainly because it seems a bit contradictory to kill someone for killing someone else. That and some people will think of them as a martyr.

Yes an eye for an eye will make everyone blind eventually

Dec 12, 2022 5:15 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
ThorLL said:
death is better than prison IMO

Think about, why would you want to spend the rest or your life in prison instead of just get out of this world and try your luck in whatever is after.

can we make it an option

On the opposite note, a lot of people commit crimes not because their are evil, but because circumstances pushed them this way. See Black Lagoon crew as an example of such criminals.

Say do you believe personally believe Benny deserves to spend the rest of his days in prison as FBI wants him to?

Also it is sad how many people here want to cruelly punish abstract criminals who did nothing wrong to them personally.

I would understand if they done something bad to you personally and you want a payback or a salvation from them, like what Jigoku Shoujou deals with.

However just venting your cruelty on someone who did not hurt you is evil.

I read a lot of what you said in mystery Manga and novels and I frankly like it

Dec 12, 2022 8:15 AM

Jun 2022
no, i support exile though. back in the low tech days when the punishments were brutal you could also just run away and nobody could do anything.
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
i love lain
Dec 12, 2022 8:43 AM

Aug 2021
I don't support death penalty, but I do believe in other punishments. Like lifetime jail and I mean a full lifetime. Dark and cold lock ups with minimum food and water, public humilation and forced castration and partial or total removal of genitalia.

Death penalty's are way to easy, many mentally ill people like psychopaths and serial killers doesn't care if they are going to die or not. They take away innocent lifes, they take away someone else freedom and right to life. They should never see outside of the wall anymore, a dark lock up, without anything and minimum food would be perfect for the rest of his/her life.

If someone raped children, castartion and or partial or total removal of genitalia would be a perfect punishment with minimum 15 years of jail time. And if they have killed the child, same punishment as lock ups like psychopaths and serial killers.

I'm talking about very serious crimes and 100% proven crimes like psychopaths, serial killers and rapist that murders their victims. Not a crime where a dad kicks a intruder from the stairs to protect his family.

Death penalty is just a easy way to get away from it.
Toonen1988Dec 12, 2022 8:50 AM
"Most people talk about killing time while time is killing them. You can outrun everything but you'll never outrun the hands of time. Use it wisely before you expire". - Toonen1988

"Cyberpunk show us the dark side, reveiling the dangerous side effects of the drug of futurism." - Indigo Gaming
Dec 12, 2022 9:07 AM

Mar 2008
Even when someone is guilty they are not inherently deserving of death. There is a good documentary called Crazy, Not Insane that I had seen where they basically argue the more violent the crime the killers nearly always are more severely mentally ill so it’s criminalizing mental illness and the executioner interviewed on it was pretty convincing the executioner was a bloodthirsty psychopath and he was seriously creepy. It sends out the wrong message that killing people to solve problems is acceptable which has a broader effect on society which may increase the number of murders and wars. The justice system should be more focused on public safety, helping victims better recuperate, helping the perpetrators change and help shape society where something bad is less likely to happen again.
Dec 12, 2022 12:00 PM
Jul 2018
CondemneDio said:
JD2411 said:
Nope.

The legal system would cost 0 dollars annually if we just abolished it entirely and lived by the code of Hamurabi instead. I guess that's how we should live.
Dec 12, 2022 6:45 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
As a general rule of thumb, no, I don't think it is a good idea. Just the fact that if it were normalized, it would be used far more often. That's not to say that the state will never be able to execute individuals who are problematic for them, though. The ones that don't commit suicide, anyway.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Dec 13, 2022 8:56 AM

Jul 2021
>casual discussion

"do you support the death penalty?"

ಠ‿ಠ
Dec 13, 2022 9:02 AM

Jul 2015
Dawizz said:
Yes I do, I didn't support it, but that was many Moons ago, now I do. Commit treason, spy on your Country on request from an outside regime.

Sounds very soviet lol. "Off with the saboteurs' heads!"

You know you can just jail spies and then exchange them against favors/other prisoners. That's way, way more pertinent in a context of nations struggling for domination. If you're the Hamas and you kill an israeli spy or soldier when you could have exchanged him for dozens of your own guys, that's a really, really bad move.
Dec 13, 2022 9:04 AM

Oct 2017
Only in occasions of military betrayal.

As for pedophiles who committed gruesome crimes, I don't think anyone is deserving of being sentenced to death for being mentally ill.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Dec 13, 2022 9:20 AM

Sep 2017
scarlet_snake said:
>casual discussion

"do you support the death penalty?"

ಠ‿ಠ

Fear not, when the rules are lax again they'll behave. That is 100% certain.

@Deathko

Army talk is en vogue. They're not up to speed with the world cup yet.

Fate_Saber88 said:
As for pedophiles who committed gruesome crimes, I don't think anyone is deserving of being sentenced to death for being mentally ill.

I respect this though.
Dec 13, 2022 10:07 AM

Feb 2018
Yes but only if the crime is in regards to death or attempt to cause bodily harm IE murder, attempted murder/terrorism, extreme torture/mutilation.
Those people should be tried and if found guilty, executed.
The answer to 1984 is 1776
Dec 13, 2022 10:15 AM

Aug 2022
The only Death Penalty should be for Poor people.

Watch as the Poverty rate equals zero and stays that way.
Dec 13, 2022 11:03 AM

Aug 2019
Nah, the state shouldn't have that much power in their hands. It's not going to lead to anything good.
Dec 13, 2022 1:03 PM

Sep 2017
I do not believe that humans have the authority to take the gift of life from someone else. Prisons need to be super secure though
خ
Dec 13, 2022 1:06 PM

Nov 2017
Yes.
Some people have done HORRIBLE things. But I think it has to be 100% sure. Like video evidence, DNA, etc...
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Dec 13, 2022 7:17 PM

Jul 2013
So what if Jamaica puts homosexuals or transsexuals on death row? It doesn't surprise me much.

I honestly don't care if Canada or EU states legalize capital punishment. If you commit serious crimes, then you will be punished anyway.

Issac Newton did say that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. In other words, punishment comes in different shapes and sizes.
Dec 13, 2022 10:02 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Kurt_Irving said:
So what if Jamaica puts homosexuals or transsexuals on death row? It doesn't surprise me much.

I honestly don't care if Canada or EU states legalize capital punishment. If you commit serious crimes, then you will be punished anyway.

Issac Newton did say that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. In other words, punishment comes in different shapes and sizes.

You are sentanced to death for being the ghey
-Isaac Newton, probably

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Dec 13, 2022 10:11 PM

Apr 2015
I think the risk of innocent people being wrongfully convicted deters me from supporting the death penalty.
Dec 14, 2022 12:03 AM

Jun 2008
Definitely *opens a chips bag and goes into Light mode*

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Dec 14, 2022 12:07 AM

Jun 2021
I support public execution of even the highest class individuals who commit harm onto the public.
Dec 14, 2022 2:08 AM

Oct 2008
Here's the thing, I think if you want to kill someone as punishment, you're doing it backwards. Punishment is supposed to be painful, if you're dead there's no pain for you to feel. Live in jail until you die, be tortured, abused and harassed until you die. That's supposed to be how punishing someone works.

Death is an escape for people who think they've had enough, it's a pardon for criminals. To punish someone, you make them suffer.
As for death, that gets you regardless of ANYTHING & EVERYTHING. Pain and suffering however those are not handed out evenly.
Dec 14, 2022 5:38 AM

Apr 2021
People who commit heinous crimes are better of dead so yes.
BWAHHHHHHHHHHH
Dec 14, 2022 6:39 AM
Oct 2020
i watched some episodes of a documentary series by werner herzog, about people who received death sentences and are waiting for them to be carried out. the episodes always start with herzog stating that he is opposed to the death penalty, but watching them strengthend my support for it. some admit to the crime they were sentenced for, some don't. but those who deny them, admit to a long history of past crimes. yeah, i burned down the house of our neighbours when i was 14, but i didn't kill that woman. they might be saying the truth, but the fact is all of them were horrible brutal criminals. i have doubts about innocent people getting executed. there might be people who get executed for the wrong crime. they didn't do this murder, but they did other things they weren't caught for. it is not like in movies, where some average joe, through coincidences, gets accused of horrible things. even the wrongly accused only come into that situation because they are active in criminal subcultures, have a history of crime and so on.
Dec 14, 2022 7:43 AM
Jan 2021
No, it's not right to kill. Even if it's the government, they shouldn't be allowed to kill.
Dec 15, 2022 8:05 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Thread locked for being a controversial topic.

Casual Discussion Rules 7:
Controversial/sensitive topics liable to incite rule violations (trolling, flaming, abuse) are no longer allowed. Please use the Current Events board for new developments in these topics, and follow the board rules there. This includes, but is not limited to, topics which:
a. aim to profile/stereotype, or question the legitimacy of, people based on their gender, sexual orientation, race, xenophobia, religion, etc.
b. discuss highly-debated social issues; e.g. abortion, sexual assault, immigration, etc.
c. focus on political ideologies and events; e.g. Nazism, fascism, world leaders, controversial laws/lobbies, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

30 by deg »»
9 minutes ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

32 by Spunkert »»
17 minutes ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

12 by LoveLikeBlood »»
30 minutes ago

» What anime character would make a good villian in Courage The Cowardly Dog and why?

vasipi4946 - 10 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

29 by ISeeLifePeople »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.