Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2016 10:44 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now this was awkward. Emilio exploring the real world ...and getting used to a new type of lifestyle.

I think he looks better in normal clothes. His default outfit looks like he's cosplaying.
The bromance this episode though..That almost felt like a date

Shun's "dad" is not his father? Wonder what that really means...I mean if he's not the father, who is?
Stark700Aug 20, 2016 12:22 PM
Aug 20, 2016 12:43 PM

Sep 2014
This was a really good episode, it was fun to see Emilio interact with things in the surface and follow Shun around.

Didn't expect the whole twist with Shun's father, damn.
Aug 20, 2016 12:47 PM

Mar 2012
It was great to see Shun showing Emilio around in the real world. It was a nice date to watch.

Asanaga finally showing his true colours at the end. He was good at acting, I actually believed for a split second. I'm curious how Shun's mom plays a role in this.

I waited another week just for this episode and now I have to wait another whole week for the next episode. The hype is real.
Aug 20, 2016 1:23 PM

Jan 2014
Okay guys, there are A LOT of questions spawned from this episode as well as answers.

First, Shun is delzaine's son so him and Emilio are cousins. What does this mean for Shun's mother? Does she know? Did she used to be in Endora and was acquainted with delzaine or was she in on it? So Shun saw his real father die right before his eyes without knowing it. kinda sad.

Since shun is originally from Endora that's why he can use warp relics to fight as well. Its rather interesting. Looking forward to the next one.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Aug 20, 2016 1:25 PM

May 2015
😱
I can't believe this!
So Shun's real father is the 1st king and Delzaine (the 2nd king) is Emilio's father.

[アウサマ95]
Aug 20, 2016 1:43 PM

Jul 2013
And so...my ship ends.
whit them being cousins
YET AGAIN
Aug 20, 2016 2:17 PM

Feb 2012
"Ni**a WE MADE IT"

-Shun this episode.

Anyway it was pretty fun seeing them explore our world, and Emilio's reaction to it. Also they're not joking with them plot twists.
Aug 20, 2016 2:21 PM
Jul 2016
@Ausama95 Doesn't Emilio say, that he remembers Delzaine's son being taken making that kidnapped son Shun, also in retrospect doesn't that make Shun the rightful prince of Endora? and is Shun's mother his real mother?
Aug 20, 2016 2:35 PM
Jul 2018
Emilio is exploring the real world!

That ending!!! I'm looking forward to the next episode!
Aug 20, 2016 2:50 PM

Mar 2016
this was easily my favourite episode of the series,

that cliffhanger though
Aug 20, 2016 9:51 PM

Mar 2012
uran10 said:
Okay guys, there are A LOT of questions spawned from this episode as well as answers.

First, Shun is delzaine's son so him and Emilio are cousins. What does this mean for Shun's mother? Does she know? Did she used to be in Endora and was acquainted with delzaine or was she in on it? So Shun saw his real father die right before his eyes without knowing it. kinda sad.

Since shun is originally from Endora that's why he can use warp relics to fight as well. Its rather interesting. Looking forward to the next one.

dangggg, I didn't even notice that. That is sad, Shun watching his dad die without even knowing it's his own father. Delzaine probably recognized him or just saw a resemblance then.

Aug 20, 2016 10:19 PM

Jan 2015
Lots of funny stuff happened, most of it is Emilio-related. And that Wasabi in the sushi, Shun totally take advantage of it by telling only the adults can bear its flavor. LOL
And now it's time for the Prince "learn" about the world he's currently living in. With that memory Emilio has recovered, it can't be a good sign
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 21, 2016 12:23 AM

Jun 2009
So I guess Shun was the reason Delzaine wanted to get to the surface so badly...
Aug 21, 2016 12:40 AM
May 2010
This was a good episode, I didnt expect this twist...
Aug 21, 2016 1:18 AM

Mar 2013
Starting with the past episode Endride suddenly decided to become interesting. Definitely didn't see this coming.
And Shun being Delzaine's son is unexpected twist, indeed.
Aug 21, 2016 6:36 AM

May 2012
I loved that plot twist. The anime should be rated higher than 5.27
Aug 21, 2016 7:28 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I really don't understand why this is rated so low. It's no masterpiece and isn't really original, but exactly because it doesn't try to offer a super awesome plot it has actually managed to float in a stable manner without wanting to hit your head against the wall. The whole concept is pretty generic, but it's not bad. I can imagine many jrpg that have a similar plotline and I wouldn't really mind playing it. You have a bunch of cliche characters, the obligatory loli, a standard adventure of a kingdom in chaos, friendships, betrayals... seems pretty standard to me. I like that it offers small twists here and there and a story that pretty much makes sense, keeps everything together and unfolds new aspects.

Like this episode with the sudden twist of a baby abduction. I definitely expected for Shun to be somehow related to Endora, though thought through an anomaly of sorts like an experiment, so it came as a surprise that he actually belongs in Endora and it makes me feel bad that he barely had a chance to see his father before he was killed right before his eyes. And as someone else said, maybe this was why Delzaine wanted to get to the surface :( Well, the execution was pretty bad. Emilio suddenly remembering everything in detail AFTER SUCH A LONG TIME and the villain dad revealing the truth so fast is pretty anticlimatic, but ignoring the obvious faults of the series, this is pretty entertaining. I'm kinda sad it ends in a few episodes :/ I hope it keeps the same pace until the end and not suddenly sink.
Aug 21, 2016 12:12 PM

Aug 2011
Episode was actually enjoyable, and cliffhanger gah.
Aug 21, 2016 6:39 PM

Jan 2011
I liked this episode, and damn what a twist.
Aug 22, 2016 2:59 AM

Apr 2010
I think that if people knew it would come to this, they wouldn't give up on this series that quickly. (In fact, it started to be really interesting from the 2nd half)

Aug 22, 2016 3:04 AM

Mar 2015
that episode was really great. i've been waiting for it since last episode and it was really worth the wait. it was pretty funny seeing emilio exploring the world especially the sushi scene.
that plot twist and cliffhanger at the end were so great, though. many things make much more sense after it as to why delzaine was trying to get to the surface and why shun can use warp relics.
it makes me sad seeing that only 5 episodes are left. i hope the anime continues being that good till the end.
Aug 22, 2016 9:25 AM

Apr 2013
@Maffy About the low score, maybe people had high expectations on it because it's Brain's Base work and ended up heavily disappointed. I'm one of the few people who like underrated shows like this. Don't worry, it will go up after the final episode for sure. Not sure if the game Endride X Fragments takes place before, during, or after the events of the anime but I hope that it will get an anime adaptation in the future.

Aug 22, 2016 9:40 AM

Dec 2013
In retrospect, I'm pretty glad I kept watching this show on the down low. Things weren't all that great but 19 episodes in, we've finally got a story now.

Seems like some people here are a bit confused right now. If memory serves me right, Emilio should be Delzaine's elder brother's son, whom Delzaine adopted as his own when the former king died.

Emilio remember's Delzaine's true son being kidnapped, ergo Shun should be that son.

The one thing that remains a mystery right now is whether she's Asanagi's wife who just adopted Shun as her own son after they kidnapped him, or whether Shun's mother is his true mother, who was either kidnapped with Shun or willingly followed Asanagi to the surface world.

That opens a whole can of worms though, since that would raise the question of why Shun's mom would willingly follow Asanagi to the surface and raise Shun for over 10 years without ever telling him about it.

In any case, this just keeps getting more interesting, though the lack of episodes remaining means that background story will probably be cut short and not be as interesting as what I'm picturing in my head right now :P
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 22, 2016 12:24 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I'm glad that I've been low key enjoying this show.

Like, we knew before that Asanaga was the one to travel back and forth and made all those deals with the king in Endora but now revealing that Shun was never his son wasn't something I expected.

With only five more episodes left I wonder how its gonna end.
Aug 24, 2016 1:12 AM
Mar 2016
Things are getting better since last episode. This is a huge leap. I'm happy I picked this back.
Emilio remembering everything is nice. If the mother didn't show Shun's childhood pic, I bet he will not remember everything.
This episode makes sense on many things like Shun being able to use a warp relic, Shun living with a father owning a big company, father not always going back home,
New questions arise like why Shun's mother accepted to become Shun's mother, what Shun's mother is thinking, what the baby Shun's bracelet is, and why Asanaga kidnapped Shun.
Old questions like Shun's father's real agenda remain. I hope everything gets settled at the end of the show.
If Shun is not a rock-lover, this show will not happen.
I really think this show is a kids show. Shun and Emilio acting like kids.
It seems that Emilio looks more than a year older than Shun when Asanaga kidnapped Shun.
I think Delzaine attempted to kill Asanaga (maybe using pistol) but the Emilio's father protected Asanaga so Emilio's father got hit.
I also think Delzaine wanted to retrieve his kid so he wanted to go to the surface. Maybe he realized that Shun is his kid, just maybe. If he just met Shun much earlier and Delzaine realized it, everything will end.
Next episode seems to be a flashback. May watch it along with episode 21.
I don't expect the rating of this show to rise above 5.4 and I'm sure the show will not be rated above 5.65. Too many who dropped this show gave a bad rating.
crx07Aug 24, 2016 1:52 AM
Aug 24, 2016 2:29 PM

Jun 2014
Just when this series started getting good, the fact is there is only a few episodes before the eventual closure. Shun and Emilio are cousins after the confirmation by his 'father who raised him all these years. The unravelling towards this conclusion was well executed with great foreshadowing coming from the previous episodes, and of course from Emilio's flashbacks as a child. Delzaine who is apparently his biological father dying in front of him without realising it, I can't imagine the anguish and disgust he'll be facing for not preventing that incident with Ibelda. Delzaine did actually protect the main duo for no reason oddly but him identifying his true son remains questionable. I guess saving Emilio was enough eh...

Shun's so called father will probably die at the end of this when he confesses up to his sins and I'm sure he and his mother will return to Endora after this.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Aug 24, 2016 9:48 PM

Jan 2014
I'VE BEEN SHIPPING INCEST AND IDGAF.

I was going to be funny and write up a summary for the episode about Shun bringing home his boyfriend and taking him on a date BUT THAT TWIST.

I feel so bad for both Emilio and Shun. Why the fuck would this dude STEAL SHUN AS A BABY when he's a shitty father and doesn't even involve himself in his life?
JotakakAug 24, 2016 9:52 PM
Aug 24, 2016 9:51 PM

Dec 2009
Well this episode was amazing and actually convinced me this is a criminally underrated series because of the last few several twists. Shun and Emilio actually being cousins, Shun's asshole fake father being the true villain behind everything, him just pulling out a gun and firing at them and that being a cliff hanger. This series needs its overall score to go up, it definitely evolved into something that most wouldn't suspect from the beginning, and holy hell it was all foreshadowed.
Aug 24, 2016 9:52 PM

Jan 2014
Shokugeki said:
uran10 said:

dangggg, I didn't even notice that. That is sad, Shun watching his dad die without even knowing it's his own father. Delzaine probably recognized him or just saw a resemblance then.

That scene is even more emotional for me now...
Aug 24, 2016 9:53 PM

Jan 2014
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Well this episode was amazing and actually convinced me this is a criminally underrated series because of the last few several twists. Shun and Emilio actually being cousins, Shun's asshole fake father being the true villain behind everything, him just pulling out a gun and firing at them and that being a cliff hanger. This series needs its overall score to go up, it definitely evolved into something that most wouldn't suspect from the beginning, and holy hell it was all foreshadowed.

I agree. This entire plot is genius.
Aug 24, 2016 9:54 PM

Dec 2009
Jotakak said:
I'VE BEEN SHIPPING INCEST AND IDGAF.

I was going to be funny and write up a summary for the episode about Shun bringing home his boyfriend and taking him on a date BUT THAT TWIST.

I feel so bad for both Emilio and Shun. Why the fuck would this dude STEAL SHUN AS A BABY when he's a shitty father and doesn't even involve himself in his life?

I still ship them. Remember cousins can legally marry in some parts of the world ;D
Aug 24, 2016 10:06 PM

Dec 2009
At first this was my guilty pleasure, now I can actually feel proud to say I'm a fan of this series.
Aug 27, 2016 5:00 AM

Dec 2015
Despite his obvious role (from the audience point-of-view), Shun's father kept a "poker face" almost until the end. Too bad we got everything thrown at us through Emilio's sudden magical memmory of his third year of life (seriously, I always had problem accepting fiction's characters could remember anything non-traumatic this far). But this being th e19th episode, they made it hard to not run through the revelations too fast.

4.5+/5

AntonKutovoi said:
Shun being Delzaine's son is an unexpected twist, indeed.

THe item wearing Delzaine's armory was shown on Shun's desk in the first few minutes (past the "flashback" intro) of the first episode. And in every episode in the baby Shun picture of the opening.

@KitoraList This won't probably happen. This anime is already an "adaptation" made to promote the game (although it features an original story).
Rei_IIIAug 27, 2016 5:08 AM
Aug 27, 2016 12:48 PM

Nov 2011
Hmm not sure why but no new episode today?
Aug 27, 2016 12:53 PM

Mar 2012
Stark700 said:
Hmm not sure why but no new episode today?

Say it ain't so, maybe it's a delay? (I hope)
Aug 27, 2016 4:37 PM
May 2010
Awww no new ep this week? and things were getting good.
Aug 27, 2016 5:45 PM

May 2016
On the Wikipedia page it said it would release on the 3rd September...
Aug 27, 2016 7:44 PM

Apr 2015
omg they are cousins . That's so cool but at the same time so strange. Shun is living a lie since the beggining =/

I wonder if his mother is faking too...She seemed so nice and loving

i need more episodes!
5/5
Aug 28, 2016 9:32 AM
Jan 2014
thepath said:
I loved that plot twist. The anime should be rated higher than 5.27
I quited watching after 2 episodes because it felt so "made". Despite being an type of anime i really love. That's why i keep checking MAL weekly if the show get's any better or not. Because i really wished this was a show i would like.

If you campare it to the early episodes did Endride improve? Is it worth watching it?
Sep 3, 2016 4:21 AM

Mar 2013
TheMorry said:

If you campare it to the early episodes did Endride improve? Is it worth watching it?

I'd say it worth watching starting the second half of episode 18. Everything before is just completely and utterly boring.
Nov 22, 2016 9:14 AM

Feb 2015
Jajaja, this is really fun, they really twisted the things here. So Shun's father was Delzaine, what a notice.

Objective No. 3: Discover what the fuck with Asanaga.
Mar 19, 12:57 PM
Nov 2017
That wasn't too bad, the twist was rather unexpected O_o

More topics from this board

Poll: » Endride Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

39 by Craneface »»
Mar 19, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Endride Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

20 by Craneface »»
Mar 19, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Endride Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

20 by Minakata_Hizuru »»
Dec 25, 2022 8:06 PM

Poll: » Endride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

140 by Blargian »»
Oct 18, 2022 4:50 PM

Poll: » Endride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2016

53 by PhoenixEvolver »»
Aug 18, 2022 7:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.