Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 18, 2016 2:48 PM

May 2015
Dressing up as girls, and that scene Mob joins the Body Improvement Club were hilarious, LOL.

Great episode.

Jul 18, 2016 2:51 PM

Jan 2013
10/10 and it only gets better from here, ost alone can carry the show and MOB animated is majestic AF

glad this is not getting the same attention as OPM even tho its better , means i can enjoy the community and anime with low risk of getting cancer
Jul 18, 2016 2:55 PM

Mar 2011
Good episode, Tome had me dying with her hysteric reactions.
Poor mob, he just wants a change in his life... he should start with the fact that he earns 300 yens per hour.
Jul 18, 2016 3:01 PM

Apr 2016
Certainly wasn't expecting that twist at the end. Mob's love interest so far seems like your basic pretty girl, though it has only been 2 episodes. I'll abstain my judgement for now until something more interesting happens with her character.
Jul 18, 2016 3:04 PM

Sep 2013
BODY IMPROVEMENT CLUB FTW!

Nice ep, Mob wants more in life than just lazing around and turns down the telepathy club.
The Reigen ed song and visuals were great too.

SAITAMA!!!

Jul 18, 2016 3:20 PM

Oct 2014
I'm really digging the art style of this series and One Punch Man. And I really like seeing the different spirits that show up. I'm a bit confused though. Are psychics widely known in the world? Everyone coming to Reigen's place says that no one would believe them about their problems but in the start of the first episode they said that people have gained psychic powers? Also, I'm not sure why so many students were saying that the telepathy club was "creepy". It was funny at the end when Mob ended up choosing the body enhancement club. And I liked that the student council person challenged Mob about his interests. Mob reminds me of Saitama, but while he had some direction in life and enjoyed working as a hero, I don't think Mob is aware that Reigen is using him, and he doesn't seem to have any direction right now. And I know that these two stories came from the same creator, but I can't help comparing them. The preview didn't have subtitles but it looks like Mob will encounter Tsubomi again? Looking forward to it!
Jul 18, 2016 3:22 PM

Apr 2013
Very enjoyable second episode, which makes me very excited for future stuff (starting with next episode actually) considering I wasn't exactly hooked on this series at this point when I was reading the manga.
Mob's already starting to show signs of why he's an interesting main character as dull as he appears.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jul 18, 2016 3:57 PM

Jul 2013
This is getting more enjoyable of what I thought at first. Reigen is the best character here, he never fails to make me laugh.

Never expected Mob would reject the Telepathy club. Kinda feel bad for the girl, but I guess Mob choose what he really wanted.
Jul 18, 2016 4:19 PM

Feb 2013
this was funny. and i love the female voice from the opening... these first 10 secs from the op are aweseom
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Jul 18, 2016 4:23 PM

Sep 2011

That's actually pretty awesome =O
Best opening of the season goes for Zestiria, but MP100 sure has the best ending
Jul 18, 2016 4:29 PM

Dec 2013
That ending was the only part of this episode that I actually enjoyed.
Jul 18, 2016 4:29 PM

Jul 2007
Veldin461 said:

Best opening of the season goes for Zestiria, but MP100 sure has the best ending

Lolno.

Zestiria's op has decent song, but Mob's OP literally destroys it in terms of visuals and style.
Jul 18, 2016 4:33 PM

Apr 2014
Best ending of an episode of this season so far...
Jul 18, 2016 4:34 PM
Feb 2016
A good hokuto no ken reference in the beginning
Jul 18, 2016 4:40 PM

Sep 2011
Fai said:
Veldin461 said:

Lolno.

Zestiria's op has decent song, but Mob's OP literally destroys it in terms of visuals and style.

Not just the song, the visuals on Zestiria's opening are amazing as well. You may not agree but in my opinion it doesn't even have any competition, it's 1st place by faaar, and yes, I've seen all of them(in therms of endings, it's the same thing for Mob's ending) xD
But I'm not saying that Mob's OP is not really good too, cause it is. In my personal seasonal ranking it probably makes 3rd or 4th place
Jul 18, 2016 4:47 PM

Jul 2015

Looks great. The art in this show somehow manages to be both ugly and cool. The animation is really good most of the time and the exorcist scenes are visually impressive.

Suprisingly good episode actually, not one dull moment and the characters are more charming than in OPM.
Jul 18, 2016 5:05 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Cannot get enough of the amazing art & animation. The detailed facial expressions of every character is so good.
That OPM manga. Good reading material.
What an intense massage. Lol all those reasons why people don't want to join the Telepathy Club.

Haha Shigeo & Reigen cross dressing. Shigeo is so bad ass taking down that spirit.

Shigeo joining the Body Improvement Club. That was hilarious.

Progress Toward Mob's explosion: 40%.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 18, 2016 5:06 PM

May 2015
The ED is lovely, I love that animation technique.
Jul 18, 2016 5:12 PM
Jul 2013
The ending was so unexpected LMFAO.
Jul 18, 2016 5:54 PM

Aug 2013
I love all the subtle moments where ONE's name was in the background. Also, Mob reading One Punch Man in the office was like 4th wall break confirmed. It's a fun show so far. I'm glad they did some development on Mob.
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 18, 2016 6:03 PM

Sep 2013
Much better than the first episode, I feel. The ending of it made me gag hard lmao.
Jul 18, 2016 6:15 PM
Jun 2016
I'm really digging this art style. Very excited to see the new characters that'll appear in the next ep.
Jul 18, 2016 7:47 PM
Nov 2015
Had a stupid grin on my face this whole episode, the cross dressing got me
Jul 18, 2016 7:50 PM

Apr 2014
Hm still not convinced by this show but the ending definitely made me laugh. I'll tune in to see his adventures in the body improvement club.
Jul 18, 2016 7:52 PM

Apr 2014
Woo, luckily I was bored and decided to watch episode 2. Perhaps, entertainment could be found after all.
Jul 18, 2016 8:05 PM
Jul 2018
I'm actually liking the art style more than expected, the ED was great as well.
Crossdressing Raigen and the plot twist at the end got me.
And I have to say, having been an 8th grader only two years ago, the scene where Mob felt lost among the crowd of people who are seemingly living more interesting lives than his, and wanting to find something worthwhile to do hit pretty close to home.
Jul 18, 2016 8:08 PM

Jun 2010
I love the fact that mp100 constantly makes references to OPM, but in its original art style.
Also 10/10 animation during the fight scene and the whole telepathy club recruitment bit was executed masterfully, I laughed so hard at tomo.

Loving this adaptation so far, I really hope they keep it up.
Jul 18, 2016 8:32 PM
Jun 2013
Great episode. The only down side to Mob joining the body improvement club is there's a chance he will start taking steroids at a young age lol. This show is going toe-to-toe as the best comedy of the season with Handa-Kun. Looking forward to next episode.
Jul 18, 2016 9:18 PM

Oct 2011
Reigen lol. Opm ahhh. whoa he joined the body building club
Jul 18, 2016 9:21 PM

Feb 2013
Alright.....the art style has grown on me.....

That ending HAHAHA!!!!! I thought for sure he was going to sign up for the psychic club HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Jul 18, 2016 9:22 PM

Apr 2016
I really don't like how BONES handled the dialogue scenes. Couldn't they just have simple, fast dialogue just like in the manga? Emphasis on fast. Over-animating every single reaction makes every conversation so tiresome and long.

Being too weird ruins the funny. Especially with that massage scene. Never have I imagined that scene to be so strange. I chuckled when I read it in the manga but just felt disgusted when watching it in the anime.

Dunno why everyone is praising this adaptation. Episode 1 was a complete failure by not even showing what the show was like: it mislead many people who haven't read the manga to think it's an action-orientated show like One Punch Man. Episode 2 hasn't reached my expectations either.

I'll keep going because I'm interested on how they handle Claw, but I fear that it will never be as good as the manga.
Jul 18, 2016 9:44 PM

Jan 2014
Is it my idea or Mob Psycho 100 really has little to nothing when compared to One-Punch Man? Same author? yes but I feel both are handled so very differently. While both are silly with overpowered main leads, I cannot help but feel that in OPM everything is fantastic and explosive, whereas MP100 only sells through exaggerated cartoonish faces all the time '-'

It kinda feels like a basic product at the end. And no I'm not talking about animation quality only, but rather how the two series go at it when it comes to developing their setting/plot.
Jul 18, 2016 9:44 PM
Oct 2015
THIS ANIME IS GOLDEN LMAO
But seriously the art style is probably the best out of any anime I'v ever seen, and it continues to impress me in every scene.
Jul 18, 2016 10:18 PM

Jun 2013
The punchline at the end! XD

Stylish, colorful, overflowing with energy, and providing some valuable lessons for the young and young at heart. Loving it so far!
Jul 18, 2016 11:01 PM
May 2016
Like this episode, Mob's character is being flesed out, his unaware anxiety to his social lifestyle, and his unsure goal. Reigen's massage technique was hilarious also the their crossdressing to infiltrate the all girls school. Pretty enjoyable, hype for the next episode, I guess its going to be explosion of Mob.
Jul 19, 2016 12:27 AM
Jan 2016
the last scene was really amusing it gave me great laugh
Jul 19, 2016 1:26 AM

Oct 2013
Better than the first episode, and I actually enjoyed the second half. I feared it may get boring but looks like I'll continue watching this anime.

Lol'd @ him joining the the body building club.
Jul 19, 2016 1:45 AM

Nov 2013
This anime is 💯💯💯💯💯, I love it so much
Jul 19, 2016 2:12 AM

Jan 2009
lol i did not expect Mob to join the other club, this is a cool episode
Jul 19, 2016 2:23 AM

Nov 2009
I kinda like Tome's voice.

Some might find it a bit boring but it will get better as the story progresses. Don't worry. Or try watching it without comparing to OPM and just appreciate the art and animation.
Jul 19, 2016 2:40 AM

Jul 2007
BGMaxie said:
Is it my idea or Mob Psycho 100 really has little to nothing when compared to One-Punch Man? Same author? yes but I feel both are handled so very differently. While both are silly with overpowered main leads, I cannot help but feel that in OPM everything is fantastic and explosive, whereas MP100 only sells through exaggerated cartoonish faces all the time '-'

It kinda feels like a basic product at the end. And no I'm not talking about animation quality only, but rather how the two series go at it when it comes to developing their setting/plot.

Its the opposite.

OPM only had one meme and ran with it, literally spelling out it in the first episode ('gee look overpwoered guy but he is depressed! get it get it?!?!"

Mob Psycho so far has far more substance and complexity in its storytelling. It feels like the main work for the author while OPM is kind of a short side-job.

Not to mention that even beyond the content, Mob Psycho so far has far better art style and animation quality than OPM did.
Jul 19, 2016 2:51 AM

Jun 2013
man that was awesome and that twist at the end shit lol
Jul 19, 2016 3:07 AM

Mar 2013
that manga...
nice episode again! Reigen lool...
Jul 19, 2016 3:14 AM

Jun 2013
So Mob is being forced to join the Telepathy Club because they need another member otherwise they'll be disbanded. Reigan believes that these kids just want their room to laze around in and it's not like they're gonna save the school from shutting down or anything.

And this week's mission is to enter an all girls school to meet the clients who want a spirit exorcised. Lol Reigan dressed as a girl. And he gets mistaken for some pervert and even makes the news lol. So Mob enters the school alone and because of his size, the girls have a hard time believing that this is the kid who will help them. And then we get some Bones goodness when Mob takes care of the perverted spirit. And while disappearing, the spirit asks if Mob is living his school life to its fullest or not.

And that makes Mob seriously ponder upon it. He doesn't have any hobby, any real purpose for doing anything, he isn't that interested in studies, he doesn't have any clear life goals, he isn't good at anything in particular, he was just joining the club because he felt that he should be in a club because that's what middle schoolers do. After thinking hard about it, he joins the body improvement club because that will help him get a better body and then help in confessing to Tsubomi successfully. (lol he just let the Telepathy Club disband because neko them, Mob's gotta improve his body, who's got time for some Telepathy Club losers) Asking Reigan if he was missing out on the true middle school experience didn't give any positive results as that guy just wanted to make money out of Mob. Lol when Mob started the conversation he thought that maybe he found out about him being a fake or if he thought his pay was too little.

If that flashback really was a flashback, then it appears that Mob was either her friend in childhood or they were in the same class in elementary school. And it appears that she is the kind of girl who gets bored with things easily including humans. She got bored of Mob's psychic powers of making things float. But then again, maybe Mob wasn't showing off his powers to her properly. But after getting bored of Mob, she went on to get interested in another boy doing something.

Mob has found something to do in middle school for the first time, apart from that part-time exorcism thingy.

The comedy felt a little down here for some reason. The visuals were still gureito but it felt less funny here. The episode had other stuff related to Mob which was nice and made up for the somewhat lack of funniness. Also, dat massage
Jul 19, 2016 3:45 AM

May 2009
Wow, just how shit can CR get? They didn't sub scene after credits.

Fai said:
OPM only had one meme and ran with it, literally spelling out it in the first episode ('gee look overpwoered guy but he is depressed! get it get it?!?!"

Meme? MEME? Can you stop using words like retards from /a/?
Jul 19, 2016 5:21 AM

Sep 2014
Omg this is already 100 times better than OPM. Comedy is actually good, MC has depth and there may actually be a meaningful story here. Plus the visuals are more compelling for me here than OPM. Didn't expect to enjoy this anime this much tbh.
Jul 19, 2016 5:50 AM

Feb 2014
LMAO that ending was just too good and surprising i love this show already
Jul 19, 2016 6:32 AM

Jan 2009
Pffft, this show is pretty well done. I keep noticing the soundtrack is so gloomy and all and the emotions are so gloomy too, yet it makes you laugh pretty well from time to time. That ending tho :'D

oh boy, next week ought to be good.
Jul 19, 2016 6:43 AM
May 2016
I really enjoyed this episode so far finding it funnier then OPM and i really liked all the OPM easter eggs in there.
Jul 19, 2016 7:38 AM
Mar 2014
They exist, but are extremely rare to the point that the average person doesn't believe in them beyond what people do in our world.

Especially since STRONG espers are extremely rare, and the majority of common espers (still extremely rare compared to normal people) can only do one minor trick and it's usually pretty inconsistent in the ability to do it or level power they do it with.

One of the most powerful espers in world even went crazy and turned to despair till the day he died after being hounded as a fake his whole life no matter how many people he helped, and being forced into shady businesses earn money that ultimately caused even his loved ones to despise him.

The ability to exorcise ghosts is also pretty rare as it requires an above average strength esper to do so solo.. (most professional exorcists tend to band together in groups to combine their powers to combat threats to make up for lacking the raw strength).

Now there are people who have latent psychic potential that isn't normally strong enough to use that can be Awakened, which some groups have done research on but..........the failure rate is high and the results aren't pretty at all.

There's also related research to further enhance the powers of awakened espers (or natural espers), which also tends to have mixed results depending on the method used. Gradual humane methods tend to work but are slow and extremely gradual in their growth, while....more...excessive methods can achieve better results and in shorter time periods but side effects if it doesn't work varying between going completely insane, completely losing all esper power, becoming a mental vegetable, or just straight up dying.

Keep in mind, both Mob Psycho and OPM use the same rules for psychic powers.

Everything supernatural is psychic powers, people just call it different things based on how it's used or the limitations on their knowledge of how to use it. It's all ultimately is fueled by the same principle power source.

The move Tatsumaki uses to kill most monsters is the exact same one that Mob uses to defeat ghosts, psycho-kinetically manipulating the molecules of power that make up the creature/ghost and then ripping it apart in a whirlwind of psychic power until it disperses too much to anchor the spirit to the world (similarly ghosts that pass on of their own accord willingly allow themselves to disperse once they are at peace, since it was a strong desire or emotion that caused them to attract psychic power to sustain themselves in the first place).

As a ghost becomes stronger from slowly gathering more and more free psychic energy (or from devouring other spirits), it's form becomes more psychically dense requiring a greater amount of psychic power to affect it or even granting it the ability to appear physically even to non-espers.

That excess of psychic energy that non-espers give off from daily life can also become a threat, as belief can mold it into a sentient creature, especially common among Urban Legends, which can become real if there's enough power and belief swirling around to allow it to form and sustain itself, allowing it to propagate by furthering it's own legend (even if destroyed, it'll eventually come back once there's sufficient power to re-form).
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2016

406 by RGreatDanton »»
May 5, 5:52 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2016

267 by RGreatDanton »»
May 5, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2016

235 by RGreatDanton »»
May 5, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2016

165 by RGreatDanton »»
May 5, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2016

280 by RGreatDanton »»
May 5, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.