Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 19, 2016 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Reigen is scary :o

I like how they have the core members of Claw gathered at once to face off against their enemies. Pretty decent action as well including Teru fighting. RIP the hair lolol

I thought episode was overall quite entertaining. That cliffhanger though :((
Time to see Mob unleashing his rage next time? Hyped.
Sep 19, 2016 8:35 AM

Feb 2014
That fighting scene....the Yuta vibes is so strong there.

https://twitter.com/Gana_Chu/status/777891708562321408

NC Yuta maybe ??? :O
I need to rewatch this episode again.

Also, nice flashback right there, the ending is cliffhanger too wwww
Can't wait for the final fight in next episode.
Sep 19, 2016 8:37 AM
Jul 2016
*currently taking emotional damages, again*

((sorry for a lot of swearings but I gotta))

You know what?!

I'M FUCKING FLIPPIN' THE TABLE

AND I HAVE READ THE MANGA!!!

GOD DAMN IT. THAT'S TWICE.

Possible scenario:

Last week's anime-onlys reactions: FUCKING REIGEN?!

This week's anime-onlys reactions: FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEIGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!!!

And they added THAT FIRST MEET SCENE TOO??? Yeah I'm kinda confused with that direction they chose but COME ON! Hey Bones, hey ONE you wanted my tears to flow again? YEAH HAVE IT!

The fact that the preview for the next episode was said by Mob, not Reigen, made my heart wanted to jump out of the windows from feels.
Sep 19, 2016 8:38 AM

Feb 2016
SEASON 2's hope have just gone down.
Sep 19, 2016 8:59 AM
Oct 2011
ReigenArataka said:

In the site there is the forward button after the next episode image. I mean, if they weren't sure of a second season, the flashback here is perfect
YggdrasilTMSep 19, 2016 9:03 AM
Sep 19, 2016 9:02 AM
Aug 2016
If all worry about that flashback,Tachikawa explains on twitter that the last scene is "from Mob's point of view, so they've cut Reigen's monologue". So season2 is possible. They'll repeat the same scene from Reigen's point of view.
Sep 19, 2016 9:05 AM

May 2016
YggdrasilTM said:
ReigenArataka said:

In the site there is the forward button after the next episode image. I mean, if they weren't sure of a second season, the flashback here is perfect

That's not a forward button. It's an indicator of what episode is currently selected.
Sep 19, 2016 9:10 AM

Feb 2016
Did they show the MOB KILLING INTENT kanji or they just show through the visuals?
Sep 19, 2016 9:59 AM

Dec 2015
Dammit my feels. Aah this episode was really good, but now I'm so messed up, I don't read the manga. That flashback really hurt.
Sep 19, 2016 10:04 AM

May 2016
This episode was as good as 5 and 8.

Kageyama brothers feels, Teru with the new hair cut, and of course, REIGEN. It was both hilarious, action-packed and dramatic. Can't wait for the big finale.
Sep 19, 2016 10:05 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Reigen's path of destruction, holy shit, just through talking he got in.

Mob and Reigen are so close, it's insane. Reigen stopped the Mob from going overboard.

The action scene was STYLE AS FUCK o.O
Sep 19, 2016 10:05 AM

Nov 2014
I TAKE BACK WHAT I SAID BEFORE.

I DID NOT EXPECT THEIR FIRST MEETING TO BE SHOWN RIGHT AWAY HOLY SHIET.

Omg, I can't handle these feels. ;_____;
Fcking cliffhanger! D:<

“The dreams and ideals we believe in, seem they might just fall apart if we take our eyes off them.”
Sep 19, 2016 10:06 AM

Sep 2015
Reigen was able to hit those claws without power wtf, so strong
I hope he's not dead
Sep 19, 2016 10:09 AM

Oct 2015
We Were Fooled.
Great Episode
Sep 19, 2016 10:13 AM

Mar 2016
sfkljsf i started crying 4 minutes in and I never stopped
Like Reigen made me smile sometimes (bless him for that) but also he's so touching I was crying anyway.
RIP Dimple cut from the second to last episode

I am like, so hyped for next week. But also I am not because last episode. I can't believe how they keep making the cliffhangers worse and worse.

Also - that was some seriously top-tier animation, holy crap. Might be the best episode of the season. We'll see if 12 surpasses it.

*waits for score to climb*
Sep 19, 2016 10:20 AM

Aug 2010
F***!!!!!!!!! DAT CLIFFHANGER!!!! NAZEDAAAAA
100% Nxt ep gonna be so hypu

Reigen's trolling at the start making all the fodder think he's the boss was so lol

Teru vs Sakurai was epic too

Can't wait
Sep 19, 2016 10:21 AM

Jan 2015
Still hard to believe that "treatment" Reigen get from the people. Well he's that good when it comes to acting after all.
Perfect-timing for a flashback though.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 19, 2016 10:26 AM

Dec 2014
Brilliant episode.

Reigen is officially the best character in this show, He may be a shady guy but he's a true master worthy of respect. I love how he just strolled in there, Trolled and got everyone to follow him XD
His special moves were hilarious.

It's very interesting to see the conflict within Mob, To hold onto the ideals Reigen taught him about being a good human being or give it up in the name of protecting the people around him. It's also sad when you think about it :(

The fight sequences were just pure awesomeness.

That flashback with Mob and Reigen is just so sad. T.T Little Mob finding inspiration and developing respect towards Reigen was just so bittersweet in the scenario it was shown. Overall, Excellent job showcasing the relationship between Mob and Reigen, The very fact that Reigen was able to snap Mob out of his 100% for a moment there proves how much faith Mob has in his master.

I really hope Reigen isn't dead. Can I hope for this? T.T

SallyAtoyota said:

Last week's anime-onlys reactions: FUCKING REIGEN?!

This week's anime-onlys reactions: FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEIGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!!!

You got it exactly right man. XD
Sep 19, 2016 10:28 AM

May 2008
That "Snap out of it" scene is PERFECT, my heart can't take it! I already read the manga chapters but still, the scene brought tears to my eyes again.
I hope they confirm the 2nd season as they did in my hero academia's last episode.
Also, Reigen shines in this episode~ finally now everyone realize his real important role in the story~
As for previous episode's cliff hanger, I laughed so much, Bones did a very excellent job in making the people who didn't read the manga panic XD
I am already looking forward to checking youtube and see them react to the episode XD
Great episode~ 10/10
Sep 19, 2016 10:29 AM

Nov 2014
The preview gave me the chills..

“The dreams and ideals we believe in, seem they might just fall apart if we take our eyes off them.”
Sep 19, 2016 10:32 AM

Dec 2014
Reigen, you're the best.

Also, Teru's wig... why did you have to go...

That background fighting animation was awesome. Really want the next episode now.
I need sleep.
Sep 19, 2016 10:32 AM
Apr 2014
I knew Reigen wasn't the boss kek, I didn't know how he fooled them though, the Claw fodder are dumb.
Oh my we almost got the 100% killing intent.
I was a bit confused as to why Reigen wants Mob to not fight and even went as far as to "fight" and argue with them, I thought he was a 100% fraud that didn't really give that much of a shit about Mob but he cares for him somewhat I guess and he doesn't want him to kill someone, some character development you got there
Reigen carries this fucking show so much holy shit, how can a comedy act be so based? what's with those swings and drop kicks lmao, dude can throw hits too.
Glad Mob didn't just clean the floor with those 4 in his base form without even trying and that solved everything.
That ending song fits way too much with this episode, Mob doing the preview was nice too.
I doubt Reigen is dead or anything after so much development, the series would sink deep without him.
10/10, best episode of the anime.
Drake1000Sep 19, 2016 10:39 AM
Sep 19, 2016 10:39 AM

Apr 2014
SallyAtoyota said:
*currently taking emotional damages, again*

You know what?!

I'M FUCKING FLIPPIN' THE TABLE

AND I HAVE READ THE MANGA!!!

GOD DAMN IT. THAT'S TWICE.

You and me both buddy... GUH BONES! YOU & YOUR CLIFFHANGERS! I've read the manga but that last scene didn't affect me as the anime version. Congrats BONES, you make me cry again, this is why I love Reigen btw, he is dirtiest con ever but also best master ever.
Sep 19, 2016 10:40 AM

Nov 2012
God tier animation! Simply love those brilliant action sequences!!!

Also, I'm really looking forward to the finale that's gonna blow away everyone!
Sep 19, 2016 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
The actions were so badass! That cliffhanger!
Sep 19, 2016 10:51 AM

Dec 2012
WOAH That Murderous Intent form looks so scary!
Reigen is the best that dropkick tho

Sep 19, 2016 10:51 AM
Jul 2018
Best episode so far imo.
The flashback with Mob meeting Reigen the first time was so cool.
That cliffhanger made me go crazy. (Cant wait AAHHH)
Now one last episode is left.
I dont read the manga atm and therefore I dont know how the show will continue.
But what I can say for sure is, that I absolutely want to see a 2nd Season.
Please make it happen!
Sep 19, 2016 10:52 AM

Jun 2014
Of course Reigen ended up being the "boss" through miscommunication. There was no way he'd actually be the real boss.

The animation in this episode was, once again, top-notch. Epic fights, Mob's murderous intent, and some development for Reigen. The ending was pretty predictable since there was that flashback right before it, but Mob is going to fuck shit up next episode. That preview was hype as fuuuuuuck!
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 19, 2016 11:08 AM

Sep 2015
He almost hit Murderous Intent 100% next week we will be at 10% :O after watching his master die I hope he can come back from his 100% bc he is going to be PISSED. I cannot believe Regen wanted to run away like that was an option......He is the best con ever.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Sep 19, 2016 11:09 AM

Jul 2016
I didn't much like this confrontation in the manga, and I don't much like it here either. Reigen's pacifist ideals are commendable, but really naive in these circumstances, and "murderous intent" clearly isn't the only option for Mob: he could just knock his opponents out without killing them, just like he did with the other Scar members. It was still a good episode, though, and the decision to extend the fight was a good one.

Animosh91Sep 19, 2016 11:17 AM
Sep 19, 2016 11:15 AM

Sep 2014
Reigen showed once again why he is the best character of the show.He trolled everyone once again with his arguments,but his plan backfired when he encountered the other espers.The flashback was very good and I would like to see more of this.Great action this week and that cliffhanger!Will wee see a murderous 100% Mob?

Only one episode left.I hope Bones will announce another season right away just like they did with My Hero Academia.
Sep 19, 2016 11:20 AM

Feb 2016
Animosh91 said:
I didn't much like this confrontation in the manga, and I don't much like it here either. Reigen's pacifist ideals are commendable, but really naive in these circumstances, and "murderous intent" clearly isn't the only option for Mob: he could just knock his opponents out without killing them, just like he did with the other Scar members. It was still a good episode, though, and the decision to extend the fight was a good one.

Ishiguro is stronger than Mob. Mob needs 100% to win but to win he needs a murderous intent which is bad for kids.
Sep 19, 2016 11:24 AM
Jun 2015
Thank you for cutting Teru's wig, Sakurai. Now we can finally stop looking at that monstrosity.

As a manga reader I was expecting them to end the episode where they did, although I'm kinda disappointed because the end of this arc is my favorite part of Mob Psycho and I just want to see it animated already. Also kinda wish that they hadn't put the flashback during that exact moment, but it makes sense to have it early if they're unsure about a season two.

Holy crud they nailed that ending so well, though. Those fights looked so good, and I'm ready to see some Claw getting wrecked.
Sep 19, 2016 11:28 AM
Sep 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Reigen is scary :o

I like how they have the core members of Claw gathered at once to face off against their enemies. Pretty decent action as well including Teru fighting. RIP the hair lolol

I thought episode was overall quite entertaining. That cliffhanger though :((
Time to see Mob unleashing his rage next time? Hyped.

Sep 19, 2016 11:32 AM

Jun 2016
Reigen never ceases to amuse me XDDDDDDDD

He's such a good adult...I wish I had a brother like him..always trolling lolll haha

really awesome fighting scenes too..

Hyped!!!!
Sep 19, 2016 11:35 AM
Jun 2015
Animosh91 said:

Reigen's thing is that it's really screwed up that a middle schooler is being forced to fight a bunch of adults (and killing intent really is the only solution here, Mob's too stressed from everything that's happened and their opponents are fighting to kill so he can't afford to hold back at all), and that Mob shouldn't be forced to handle this situation himself. He's a kid, and he can't handle it, and he's not going to be able to live with himself in the aftermath.

Sep 19, 2016 11:36 AM

Feb 2013
Reigen applying the realistic view to a typical Shounen situation, and that was fresh!

Although it can be pretty hard to actually apply it, and part of it is probably because Reigen just didn't understand the situation as well (also why he applied his tactics to persuade others here and failed), but I still respect what he was trying to do so that Mob doesn't solve all his problems away with his powers and end up like the Scars.
Sep 19, 2016 11:42 AM
May 2016
reigen is best master period

for those of you who are worrying about season 2 dont worry the flashback was from mob's point of view we still got reigen's point of view so who knows we might get a season 2
Sep 19, 2016 11:49 AM

Mar 2016
OH NO THEY DIDN'T! THEY DIDN't JUST KILL OFF MY NIGGA REIGEN!

Sep 19, 2016 12:00 PM

Sep 2014
Wow. One the one side im a bit disappointed that reigen wasn't the boss. I mean come on. It would be the biggest twist in anime history if reigen would actually be this strong, but decided to dont use his powers. (Lol one can still hope XD)

On the other hand this showed Reigens charisma perfectly and he is a good guy. He really is the best sensei for Mob.

But what the fuck is this cliffhanger! Im not satisfied yet! I want to see bad guys get they asses kicked!
I really hope we will get a second season. because I think this studio did a splendid job of "changing" the manga style into animated scenes.
Also that ost is hype.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 19, 2016 12:02 PM

May 2014
reigen, onizuka and gintoki are the same person on different animes

i knew he would do something like that to mob ugghh my heart
Sep 19, 2016 12:03 PM

Sep 2014
Reigen is the best. Holy shit I love the guy. He is both funny and incredibly caring when he needs to be. I like his approach to everything! He reminded me of Gintoki for a bit.
Sep 19, 2016 12:04 PM

Jul 2015
I have a feeling the next episode is going to be really dark.

Reigen Nooo ;_;
Sep 19, 2016 12:14 PM

Jun 2016
Loved this episode. Reigen owns the show.
Sep 19, 2016 12:15 PM

May 2015
NOOOOO, Reigen ;__;.... That flashback ;__;....

Sep 19, 2016 12:16 PM

Mar 2016
I was wondering where they were going to stop for this episode
Looks like Bones didn't disappoint heh heh
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Sep 19, 2016 12:17 PM

Jul 2016
ReigenArataka said:
Ishiguro is stronger than Mob. Mob needs 100% to win but to win he needs a murderous intent which is bad for kids.

I don't think Ishiguro is stronger than Mob. I don't know if you've read the manga, but

So I don't think Mob needs murderous intent in order to defeat Ishiguro. He just feels cornered, and wants to protect his friends.

Hoatzin said:
Reigen's thing is that it's really screwed up that a middle schooler is being forced to fight a bunch of adult, and that Mob shouldn't be forced to handle this situation himself. He's a kid, and he can't handle it, and he's not going to be able to live with himself in the aftermath.

I understand that Reigen is trying to guide Mob in a horrible situation, but I think right now Reigen's lessons are alienating Mob from an essential part of himself. Instead of teaching him that he should never use his powers against other people, not even when that is the only option to prevent greater harm, I think Reigen should teach Mob that he can do great things with his powers (!), but that he should only use them against others when it is absolutely necessary, and to minimize harm when doing so. You can't win every battle with words, and Mob should be prepared to fight those battles. Instead of telling Mob to run away from those battles, I think Reigen should prepare him for them, so they don't get out of hand (see the battle with Teru).

Although, to be fair, up to this point, Reigen had no way of knowing that there are other espers with evil intentions.

(and killing intent really is the only solution here, Mob's too stressed from everything that's happened and their opponents are fighting to kill so he can't afford to hold back at all)

I understand that Mob feels stressed out after everything that has happened, and because he is also cornered, killing them may really seem like the only option to him at this point. But there are other options, and Reigen is one of the few people who can help Mob to get a hold of himself and go for those instead. Just running away wouldn't work either: they would just come after them. They need to be defeated.

Animosh91Sep 19, 2016 1:18 PM
Sep 19, 2016 12:19 PM

Sep 2013
Reigen with the wisdom, all the scar members ended up this way because they killed people and indulged in their powers when they were younger and it messed them up.

Sep 19, 2016 12:21 PM

Jul 2015
Gotta hand it to bones, this was masterfully directed. Tachikawa explained in Twitter that the flashback (although a scene that happens far in the manga) is shown here ONLY in Mob's perspective and not Reigen's. Might be either a hint that S2 is in the works or simply that they wanted the ending to feel more conclusive.

Funfact: the ending shows Reigen's life before he met mob, that's why it's monochromatic and turns into color after he meets mob.
Sep 19, 2016 12:22 PM

Feb 2016
Animosh91 said:
ReigenArataka said:

I don't think Ishiguro is stronger than Mob.

Ishiguro forced Mob to the ground. Mob needs 100% to be stronger than Ishiguro which in turn would be a killing intent emotion. He needs to kill them unless Mob wants them to come back and get revenge. Reigen solved this problem.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2016

405 by ShirJager »»
Apr 17, 6:19 PM

Poll: » Do you think Mob is autistic? ( 1 2 )

TASM18 - Apr 4

56 by TASM18 »»
Apr 12, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

253 by mytsisontyhma »»
Apr 12, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2016

405 by squiddard »»
Mar 26, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2016

234 by squiddard »»
Mar 26, 8:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.