Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 16, 2016 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, tempting Lucia with that ice cream sundae..

A lot more comedy than I had expected this episode with Tennouji trying to capture that little animal.
Shizuru got some screen time with him, something that I find peculiar with their relationship. Lucia's still my favorite character in this series so far.

Tennouji getting attacked is kinda scary ;o
Jul 16, 2016 8:07 AM

Oct 2012
Wew.... finally, one of my favorite character in rewrite showed up.... Esaka Sougen!

Jul 16, 2016 8:36 AM
Jul 2018
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, tempting Lucia with that ice cream sundae..

A lot more comedy than I had expected this episode with Tennouji trying to capture that little animal.
Shizuru got some screen time with him, something that I find peculiar with their relationship. Lucia's still my favorite character in this series so far.

Tennouji getting attacked is kinda scary ;o

xD It is expected from Lucia.
Jul 16, 2016 9:33 AM
Jul 2012
I wonder what's going to be next.
Jul 16, 2016 9:34 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Finally a bit more action, but i still have no clue what's going on. Lucia is probably my favourite girl so far.
Jul 16, 2016 9:42 AM

Jan 2012
Strange episode. The first half snake hunt, lunch, and recycling stuff was the same old relaxing, show off the harem fluff. And Akane showing off that cleavage was lovely. XD

But that whole dog scene? Yeah I'm lost. Was the hostile butler the one who saved him? What's Shizuru's deal eating at that stall? And that Esaka guy seems to know more than he's letting on...
Jul 16, 2016 9:44 AM

Jul 2016
Moar action always be good! That scene when the dog chasing Kotarou was so... terrifying.
"A good man, in his darkest yearning, Is still aware of virtue’s ways." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Jul 16, 2016 9:47 AM

Sep 2011

The way to end the episode, it definitely gives me chill to my spine.

Jul 16, 2016 9:48 AM

Jul 2014
The action was good, but the rest was awful even by this show's standards, not least because Lucia is still entirely one note in that all she does is punch Kotarou constantly for little or no reason. Other than that, Esaka definitely knows more than he said he does, and I'm almost certain that Ohtori's brother will be an actual villain at some point.

Seriously, am I the only one who thinks this is the worst common route of any Key VN adaptation?
Jul 16, 2016 9:50 AM

Sep 2011
danieltortoisee said:

Seriously, am I the only one who thinks this is the worst common route of any Key VN adaptation?

Depends. We'll be seeing a lot of common route actually so I can't tell. And the fact there will be lots of anime-original scenes, that's the more reason I can't answer your question.

Jul 16, 2016 9:51 AM

Aug 2013
animefan8800 said:
Strange episode. The first half snake hunt, lunch, and recycling stuff was the same old relaxing, show off the harem fluff. And Akane showing off that cleavage was lovely. XD

But that whole dog scene? Yeah I'm lost. Was the hostile butler the one who saved him? What's Shizuru's deal eating at that stall? And that Esaka guy seems to know more than he's letting on...

This happens when someone is shortening few hours of reading to one, 20min episode, and mixing it with few routes at once. It's impossible to catch up what is going on. And that half assed explanation of Rewrite.
Only 2 things are adapted good enough, Ootori's cuteness and Lucia's talent to be annoying bitch.
Btw, CR's translation of 魔物 sucks even more. Familiar used in VN is much closer to original meaning.
rsc-plJul 16, 2016 10:02 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 16, 2016 10:04 AM

Aug 2012
+ Kotarou 'treating' his veranda plants
+ Kotori fumbling through her assembly speech
+Sakuya entrance, Yotarou-kun, best girl bath robe <3
+Yoshi x Ten chuuni skit
+ tsuchinoko skit 10/10, Tsukuno spot on
+ Shizuru lunch, eyes
+Earth Rep
+Rewrite, Midou, Scene of Carnage, dog chase
+Esaka & Gen-san, the way this was done will benefit later
+Shizuru apartment
+Sakuya fate

- No anemic girls dropping like flies during assembly
- Lucia butt grab
- No Yoshi x Ten pebble duel
- Ghosty chased by dog, no sense at all
- Hunter talk

Probably the best episode. Scene transitions are still messy, but getting better due to the lack of ghosty shoehorning, thank god for Pres. Not enough Yoshino skits or Kotori.
Jul 16, 2016 10:19 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode, Liked it.

First half was pretty fun, That Akane bath robe <3
The little play that Koutarou and Yoshi put on in class was really funny. xD
That Lucia butt grab XD

Second half was quite interesting, So Koutarou has the ability to rewrite his physical abilities. At least now I know where the show's name comes from. He should just win the bet by showing off his abilities :3
Hunters? Just what is that white haired girl? Was Sakuya the one who saved Koutarou from that dog? :o
That Esaka guy definitely knows something.
Hoping for a full explanation of all the supernatural elements soon.
Jul 16, 2016 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
Aside from that CGI Hound (which of course it was the most annoying thing as possible)

This episode was actually better than I thought, still I do see some of the transitions being rather messy at times, but in terms of the pacing it was better than before imo. As for the introductions, I am quite skeptical when this particular individual showed up.

(But of course this guy appears in the VN early as well)

We get to see Esaka and Sakuya this week, which funny enough, they're my favorite characters in the Visual Novel. Though inb4 anime onlies will be questioning even more, at this point I don't know what to really say about this and that's all.
Jul 16, 2016 10:32 AM

Jul 2013
Great episode. First half may have been a bit generic but it was fun to see the Occult Club doing activities together.
I like the way they potrayed Kotarou with his ability. In the VN, you have the choice to choose between rewriting his eyes or his legs, and they chose legs. Very cool.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 16, 2016 10:37 AM
Jul 2018
Kotarou has an ability to rewrite his physical abilities!
Jul 16, 2016 10:39 AM

Jan 2015
Could it be that this Sakuya person will be Koutaro's "Romance Rival" for Chihaya?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 16, 2016 10:43 AM

Jun 2014
Yep, Lucia constantly beating up Koutarou has already gotten old.....but I'm sure we're still going to see a lot of that.

Most of the episode was pretty boring until the last several minutes with that dog chase. Also, maybe I just wasn't paying attention, but did they even properly explain the Rewrite ability in this episode or the 2 previous ones? It seemed like Koutarou was just able to use it out of nowhere all of a sudden.

That butler dude is giving off some bad vibes as well, particularly at the end of the episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 16, 2016 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
Shizuru is so kawaii the way she blushed when they said kotarou was her boyfriend was so goddam cute! loved this episode!
Jul 16, 2016 10:45 AM

Jul 2013
thebrentinator24 said:
Yep, Lucia always beating up Koutarou has already gotten old.....but I'm sure we're still going to see a lot of that.

Most of the episode was pretty boring until the last several minutes with that dog chase. Also, maybe I just wasn't paying attention, but did they even properly explain the Rewrite ability in this episode or the 2 previous ones? It seemed like Koutarou was just able to use it out of nowhere all of a sudden. That butler dude is giving off some bad vibes as well, particularly at the end of the episode.

The Rewrite ability isn't explained this early. You're supposed to question what it truly is at this point because it's subtly hinted at in previous episodes. But it will get a proper explanation; fear not.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 16, 2016 10:46 AM

Jun 2014
sanata50lbsb said:
thebrentinator24 said:
Yep, Lucia always beating up Koutarou has already gotten old.....but I'm sure we're still going to see a lot of that.

Most of the episode was pretty boring until the last several minutes with that dog chase. Also, maybe I just wasn't paying attention, but did they even properly explain the Rewrite ability in this episode or the 2 previous ones? It seemed like Koutarou was just able to use it out of nowhere all of a sudden. That butler dude is giving off some bad vibes as well, particularly at the end of the episode.

The Rewrite ability isn't explained this early. You're supposed to question what it truly is at this point because it's subtly hinted at in previous episodes. But it will get a proper explanation; fear not.

Cool, I thought I missed something important.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 16, 2016 10:53 AM
Jun 2016
I have very mixed feelings on this episode. I think for those who were following the narrative it's interesting enough to keep going with. But I still really don't like the transitions in this series. I understand the writers had to cut a ton of lines as is, but the going from scene to scene is poorly done, so much so I feel like I'm watching everything zoom by, without taking it in as much as I should. The whole occult club searching was fun, but I really wish they wouldn't keep reminding us about Kotarou's deal with Akane. Not to mention the butt grab on Lucia was completely unnecessary. Some people probably thought that was funny, which is fine, but it's really not my kind of humor. Especially if used in excess. The chase with the dog and dude in red cloak (Midou) was fine being fast because of the nature of scenes like that, it was very engaging.

Overall the episode was very interesting and fun, but the transitions and flow still feel very poor so I think that distracts from the enjoyment a fair amount. Though I usually watch these episodes more than once by watching reactions on youtube etc, so I think that heightens my level of enjoyment because I take more time to absorb everything that went on.
Jul 16, 2016 11:02 AM

Jul 2016
This episode's pacing is waaaaay better than the first two! And I don't know too, is it just me or the art for this episode is starting to look finer (or am I just getting used to it LOL)

As for the story, I still can't tell where it's headed. I have a few expectations (I've read the VN). Every episode I'm going like "WTF WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE IS THIS ALL GOING" hahahaha and that keeps me interested.
*under construction*
Jul 16, 2016 11:03 AM

Jan 2014
ShizuFlame said:
The whole occult club searching was fun, but I really wish they wouldn't keep reminding us about Kotarou's deal with Akane. Not to mention the butt grab on Lucia was completely unnecessary.

I think Kotarou only ever brought up the "deal" (mentally and verbally, and sarcastically) during the mini expeditions on the common route when shooting for her route, if I remember correctly.

I'm not exactly a happy camper either about what they're doing with Lucia's gags... They felt more... consequential in the VN. I dunno, maybe they thought plate-licking wasn't that funny animated :/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2016 11:05 AM

Jul 2013
Schala07 said:
This episode's pacing is waaaaay better than the first two! And I don't know too, is it just me or the art for this episode is starting to look finer (or am I just getting used to it LOL)

As for the story, I still can't tell where it's headed. I have a few expectations (I've read the VN). Every episode I'm going like "WTF WHAT'S HAPPENING WHERE IS THIS ALL GOING" hahahaha and that keeps me interested.

You're not the only one; I thought the art quality looked alot better in this episode
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 16, 2016 11:17 AM

Apr 2012
This episode is surprisingly good. I have had lower expectations after ep2 but this brought me a bit of hope again as the direction is pretty well done (compared to the previous two) here.
When the dog showed up again at 17:38 I jumped from my chair lol

It seems that they decided to stabilize the art and tune down the animation (still good) for this episode so it looks better to people not familiar with animation.
There are more sakuga cuts for the MAD I am working on for this episode comparing to the previous one xD

Awwwwwwwwww

btw Na-Tsukuno looks more pretty than I thought she'd be. :D
inuvivoJul 16, 2016 11:29 AM
@inuvivo on twitter!
Jul 16, 2016 11:34 AM

May 2014
I laugh a lot at that Chuuni scene in the middle of a class

Lucia's combo really scary if it makes Koutarou stay in bed until evening

good to see some Shizuru alone time
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2016 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
Well, gave it the old three episode rule.

Dropped. Garbo show.
Jul 16, 2016 12:04 PM

Apr 2015
I really love the comedy
Also how did Kotarou know how to rewrite his abilities? Did he get into some trans mode that made him do it or did I miss something in the series?
Jul 16, 2016 12:07 PM
Dec 2014
The art is getting better and better.

The best scene was when shixuru showed kotarou her eye...
It was even better than the vn
Just so awesome! (fanboy mode on, it will turn off by tomorrow after I watch the episode 10 times)
Jul 16, 2016 12:08 PM

Jul 2013
evyyy said:
I really love the comedy
Also how did Kotarou know how to rewrite his abilities? Did he get into some trans mode that made him do it or did I miss something in the series?

You haven't missed anything. He knew how because he's been keeping his power a secret all his life. You're supposed to be a little confused/curious about the power at this point. Don't worry; it'll be explored in due time. It is the title of the anime after all :D
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 16, 2016 12:12 PM

Sep 2014
I guess Rewrite doesn't really fit this episodic style. The ending was interesting, but the rest feels rushed and kinda meh.
Jul 16, 2016 12:22 PM

Sep 2010
I truly enjoy this anime by just seeing the Rewrite world yet again still, this truly isn't a good adaptation.

Rather than a single episode, we rather have scene after scene grouped together in a sequence where each part barely relates to another. This works in VN form but not in anime form. What's more everything is going way too fast. Like I sure enjoyed that food stand scene as it brought back a lot of memories all at once yet again but before I noticed the scene already finished in no time.

It's like they give me the delicious meal just to steal it away after I take but a single bite.

Still it sure was great to see Sakuya and Esaka... I really hope that there will be the scene with Kotaro visiting his antique shop and Esaka doing his random reactions.
Jul 16, 2016 12:26 PM
Dec 2014
PervertOlympus said:
Not Bad for another Rushed Episode.
Lucia's Curse Joke with Yoshino,Tennouji grabbing Lucia's Butt and Lucia's Punches is Funny i guess.

As for Midou making a debut on this Episode is not bad i guess,I always like how Midou Laugh and i though Tennouji will use his Rewrite Abilitiy for fighting but it's not .. Sakuya help him.

so 3/5 for me. Good Episode but they do need to improve the Art or Graphics.

The art is top notch for me
Like seriously, did you see anyanime with that clean art? It's clean and clear using light coloirs instead of the dark colours in the visual novel

About the animation, it's beautiful, their movements are so real and interesting, that's one of thebgood points about 8bit. The beautiful animation

I'm sorry I talk alot of vague explanations, but I do animate as a hobby and I kind of understand how they are working
Jul 16, 2016 12:32 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Are they really going to able to follow up on all this? Like seriously so much foreshadowing which is later followed up on in the various character routes, but if they're now not going to adapt them...
Jul 16, 2016 12:34 PM

Apr 2015
sanata50lbsb said:
evyyy said:
I really love the comedy

You haven't missed anything. He knew how because he's been keeping his power a secret all his life. You're supposed to be a little confused/curious about the power at this point. Don't worry; it'll be explored in due time. It is the title of the anime after all :D

alright thank you :)
Jul 16, 2016 12:35 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode, probably the best until now.

When the hound appeared it gave me chills...also Midou..

Damn, this is going to be good.
Jul 16, 2016 12:35 PM

Nov 2012
Great episode o-o
Jul 16, 2016 12:36 PM
Nov 2015
Does this show get any better? Someone who played the game spoil me a little please :P

meh episode overall
Jul 16, 2016 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
HaXXspetten said:
Are they really going to able to follow up on all this? Like seriously so much foreshadowing which is later followed up on in the various character routes, but if they're now not going to adapt them...

It is rather skeptical at the moment.
Jul 16, 2016 12:38 PM

May 2010
Art is just as meh as before, and story is still confusing.

Kawaii Shizuru is kawaii! Aaaand finally we got Sakuya, so I can't complain as much as before :3 But still, compared to VN I can hardly call him bishounen in anime, sigh.

Small art comparison:

Akane's oppai look pretty unimpressive too :c
Was she out of shower in original vn in that scene? I don't think so, 'cause the cg is from HF. Not that it matters.
Jul 16, 2016 12:40 PM
Jul 2018
Kitsu-nee said:
Art is just as meh as before, and story is still confusing.

Kawaii Shizuru is kawaii! Aaaand finally we got Sakuya, so I can't complain as much as before :3 But still, compared to VN I can hardly call him bishounen in anime, sigh.

Small art comparison:

Akane's oppai look pretty unimpressive too :c
Was she out of shower in original vn in that scene? I don't think so, 'cause the cg is from HF. Not that it matters.

The Oppai scene was from Harvest Festa.
Jul 16, 2016 12:41 PM
Jul 2018
Star- said:
Does this show get any better? Someone who played the game spoil me a little please :P

meh episode overall

I don't even know at this point but as far as I can tell, probably. But then again, its an original sixth route, so we'll see.
Jul 16, 2016 12:43 PM

May 2010
HaXXspetten said:

After 3 episodes I'm not even counting on proper adaptation of any route, this is, at best, just an advertisement for Rewrite+

So I'm just gonna relax and watch my favourite scenes getting animated, that's better than nothing, I guess.
Jul 16, 2016 12:46 PM

Jun 2013
Kitsu-nee said:
HaXXspetten said:

After 3 episodes I'm not even counting on proper adaptation of any route, this is, at best, just an advertisement for Rewrite+

So I'm just gonna relax and watch my favourite scenes getting animated, that's better than nothing, I guess.

Well, this Kagari route will be included in the Rewrite+ game.

Also they're pretty much adapting Terra, so i think it isn't just an advertisement lol
Jul 16, 2016 12:49 PM
Jul 2018
PervertOlympus said:
Kitsu-nee said:

Agree with this guy, It's better than nothing.

I won't be going too much but be grateful that it isn't as rushed compared to the other show that I am clearly watching which is 20x worse... at least in Rewrite its just trimming cute and fluff stuff for me.
Jul 16, 2016 12:55 PM
Jul 2018
PervertOlympus said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

I won't be going too much but be grateful that it isn't as rushed compared to the other show that I am clearly watching which is 20x worse... at least in Rewrite its just trimming cute and fluff stuff for me.
wait Michi-san is that you? hahaha didn't notice that new Forum Pic.Yep I agree too.

Yes its me LOL xD I had the little thing with this pic, but yeah.
Like I won't go much into detail but at least think about it from that perspective... I dont think anyone would suffer the same way as me every week xD

If ya wanna know its pretty much this show.
Jul 16, 2016 1:00 PM

Aug 2010
Dat Akane fanservice damn...

SAKUYA!!!!!!!!!!!

Kotarou and Yoshino's Chuuni act was hilarious

Grope that Lucia ass. "Can we talk this over" XD

Shizuru too kawaaiii for me <3

Nice Rewrite effects...

ESAKA!!

Man I'm enjoying this
Jul 16, 2016 1:01 PM

Dec 2012
This episode was surprisingly good compared to the other two: I liked the last two, but they were riddled with problems. This episode, however, had some interesting examples of subtle directing (which is unusual in comparison to the other episodes so far), along with the many layers of sub-text we have going on in most scenes.

Jul 16, 2016 1:06 PM

Jun 2013
I'm still wondering where is the "Supernatural" and "Mystery" tags in here.

Did MAL forgot about this?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.