Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 9, 2016 5:25 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Feels like the pacing of the arc slowed down a bit. The whole time machine thing (even the very little details of it reminds me of the Cell Saga arc now)

Looks like Black regained his strength back and seems to be stronger now.

Trunk and Mai's relationship in the present timeline though :3
Jul 9, 2016 6:20 PM

Dec 2015
Great Toriyama utilize Dr.Brief there. People sometimes forgot that he is actually very genius.

Next episode is Gohan story and introduction to that mysterious Kaioshin. Should be good.
Fellaini is God
Jul 9, 2016 6:29 PM

Mar 2013
ok so now were heading into recap territory (for the next ep at least) so for those who don't know the history of future trunks prepare to learn about the unaltered timeline also loved how future trunks told the story of him and mai.
Jul 9, 2016 6:37 PM
Jul 2018
So Black considers humans to be failures? And universe 10 is about to get involved too. I'm loving the direction this is going right now.
Jul 9, 2016 10:01 PM

Jan 2016
Decent episode, it explained some things from the future again, but... It doesn't explain how did Mai to get to the future when Piccolo was already dead prior to become young again lol

At least, we're slowly knowing more facts from Whis and Beerus about Black Goku. Waiting for the next ep, it seems interesting with that new character seen in the preview.
THANKS SENPIEX
Jul 9, 2016 11:18 PM

Feb 2013
Awesome episode. This arc is one of the best of the franchise.
Jul 10, 2016 12:26 AM

Jan 2009
next episode we will know what happened to Future Gohan and how he died in the future
Jul 10, 2016 12:51 AM

Apr 2010
I'm glad the pace was slowed. One of the problems I have with the series is that it moves too fast. I don't want this to be another 13-15 episode long arc, I want it to be like 30 episodes or something.

It's been very good so far this arc though.
Jul 10, 2016 1:31 AM

Feb 2015
A little bit boring and the animation is average.
Jul 10, 2016 3:37 AM

Dec 2011
This arc is getting and better.So Vegeta has a grudge on Black now may be for killing future Bulma.
Anyway next episode will be interesting and seems like we will get some flashback of Future Trunks and Gohan in better animation.
Jul 10, 2016 3:54 AM

Jan 2012
The Trunks x Mai stuff was fairly cute. Interested in finally seeing that green Kai and Whis' investigation.
Jul 10, 2016 4:01 AM
Mar 2010
so that explains why Cell time machine is with Bulma.
Jul 10, 2016 4:02 AM
Mar 2010
j0x said:
next episode we will know what happened to Future Gohan and how he died in the future

Didn't they already have a movie about that.
Jul 10, 2016 4:06 AM
Mar 2010
also what the heck kind of flash grenade make that much of a flash.
Jul 10, 2016 4:33 AM
Sep 2012
HELLSATAN said:
also what the heck kind of flash grenade make that much of a flash.

a FUTURE flash grenade! They can travel through time, I'm sure they can figure flash grenades out.
Jul 10, 2016 5:22 AM

Feb 2013
Nice memories about the future, it looked more like a Terminator movie where almost all humanity disappeared already.
Mai is kawaii!
Jul 10, 2016 5:25 AM

Dec 2014
I am still satisfied with the whole pacing.... but future gohan was way cooler than the current Gohan
Jul 10, 2016 5:39 AM

Jan 2013
I actually agree with Black's views. I think Toriyama is trying to convey some great message through Black's character. He's trying to make him like a Dark Messiah or Savior who was sent by the Gods to annihilate the human race. What people have been doing (polluting, cutting trees, destruction etc.) have upset the Gods and Black is their will's manifestation.

Pretty cool I must say. Next ep we get to see more. and the new kaioshin.
Jul 10, 2016 5:47 AM

Sep 2013
I hope they make trunks stronger through this arc, hopefully he can become a blue sayian or something.

Something that i don't like about this arc is that they way they are portraying trunks. with his tragic past they should let him be little darker lusting for revenge or something.
Jul 10, 2016 6:17 AM

Apr 2011
Good episode. I'm enjoying this arc so far!

Jul 10, 2016 6:30 AM

Dec 2014
That was a good episode, Trunks and Mai moments were sweet.

It's pretty nice to see Trunks meeting everyone again, Looks like he's gonna meet Gohan next.
The green Kai guy seems interesting and he's from Universe 10 eh? Let's see what happens.
Jul 10, 2016 6:34 AM

Apr 2015
Loli Mai was really cute while blushing XD.

So Beerus and Whis have felt that kind of Ki before hmmm.
Jul 10, 2016 7:33 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
This was a rather slow episode but in a good way. Let things cool down until the next fight.
I forgot Goku and Vegeta never saw Cell's time machine. Speaking of Goku, I feel bad for King Kai because Goku just doesn't give King Kai a break. His planet is still beat up and here comes Lil Goku for more "training".

The flashback scenes were nicely done. There really wasn't much the Mai and here crew could do to stop Black. Black's reason for destroying humanity seems understandable. Always depending on the Dragon Balls to fix things, always depending on the Saiyans for help, not able to fend for themselves, etc. It sort of hints at Black being a God, maybe a Kaioshin as he said he's from a much higher place.

I thought Picollo's face was bit derpy lol

Jul 10, 2016 8:32 AM

Jan 2016
if they show that same middle page of the book one more time.....
all my hype is to Vegeta right now
yes! multi-verse involvment confirmed !!
screw this trunks relationship, #saiyaman time

Jul 10, 2016 8:55 AM

Jun 2016
i think this episode could have been summed up in 3 minutes but what little we did get was nice
Scream!
Jul 10, 2016 8:59 AM

Apr 2014
You know, I still don't like how it's all turned on. Future Teen Mai CAN'T exist, since Pilaf's gang could never make that wish that made them younger since Shenron and all Z warriors were long dead in Future Trunks's timeline. They are really forcing on making that Trunks x Mai pairing.

As for the next episode preview... Future Trunks will be GREATLY disappointed at Gohan and his Great Saiyaman thing. Also, I get the feeling that half of the episode will be a recap about the Future Trunks TV Special...
Jul 10, 2016 9:32 AM
Jun 2013
Ok episode. I don't like how Goku and Vegeta felt like Black is a threat. Even if Black is stronger than SSJ3, Goku could still go SSJ blue, then kaioken ssj blue. Like it feels too early to fear Black considering Goku was just holding back. Other than that, I'm curious to find out Black's identity.
If different timelines would have duplicates, wouldn't there be future Beerus and Whis as well. I can see stories in the future where duplicates from different timelines have a tournament to determine which timeline is the strongest lol.
Jul 10, 2016 9:50 AM
Jul 2018
More backstories about Future Trunks's timeline!
Jul 10, 2016 10:21 AM

Feb 2015
Out of everything in the DB universe, it's humans that are the worst? Not the Saiyans? Not Frieza's race? And they're so bad this Black guy feels the need to eradicate them? I could maybe understand his reasoning if he was born and bound on the same planet with the humans, but for someone who's seen much more of the universe, that seems way too extreme.
Jul 10, 2016 10:30 AM

Dec 2009
God this is the best arc of Dragon Ball Super hands down. Black is such an interesting villain compared to previous DB villains in the sense he seems more complex than just being evil, but what makes him think humans are the absolute worse species in existence? Looking forward to the Gohan and Trunk episode next week, so many feels.
Jul 10, 2016 10:30 AM

Jan 2014
Yes, Future!Trunks and Gohan next episode!
Jul 10, 2016 10:35 AM
Jan 2016
This story arc is turning out to be insanely good! Loving the extra detail put in.

What is really, really going to count for this arc succeeding is Black's identity and motivation.

Was I the only one who freaked out seeing Bulma's mom..open her eyes!?
Never thought I'd see the day.
Jul 10, 2016 11:01 AM
Mar 2011
Good god at what point did anime fans become art snobs?
It was a good eps lots of story and the next seems to add even more.
Jul 10, 2016 11:59 AM

May 2015
j0x said:

We already know how Future Trunks died in the future. Did you never watch History of Trunks?
Jul 10, 2016 1:33 PM

Sep 2014
Am I the only one that thinks super has finally become good?
Yes, I love the old artstyle more. But that counts for many animes.
At times, super looks amazing (flashback with black)

PS: Bulmas Mom opened her eyes for the second time now :D

Soo considering Mai x Future Trunks, do we assume the mai x trunks romance never happened? (like it did in the movies?)
I feel like they suddenly thought: Hey mai x trunks is actually good! Lets make something more with this, so screw everything up to this point.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 10, 2016 3:31 PM

Sep 2009
Super has started to get a lot better since Future Trunks came into play and now the pace is slowing down, which I like. Can't wait to get some more Gohan in this as Super hasn't had a whole lot of him and just like to see him and Future Trunks together again.

The green Kai is from Universe 10? Very interesting. Please tell me more haha.

And Future Trunks X Mai continues.
Jul 10, 2016 3:39 PM

Jun 2014
Lol, did anybody catch the animation error? When Pilaf when to get Mai after Trunks told her about her future self, their clothes changed from one scene to the next. They were in their normal clothes and then the camera changed, bam firefighter clothes.

Btw, DB Mai > DB Mai. She is is so moe!
Jul 10, 2016 4:23 PM

May 2015
this Mai x Trunks ship needs to meet an iceberg soon, it's cringey AF
Jul 10, 2016 5:16 PM

Apr 2014
Nothing much happened this episode, but flashback.
Somehow, I do agree with Black on the humanity things, but to say that humanity was the creation of God? Did they preach religion in here?
Anyway, still wonder what happen to future Goku and co.
Jul 10, 2016 5:29 PM

Jul 2013
Haha funny to see Mai shy towards Future Trunks.
Bulmas comment: "You sound like an adult" :D

It was interesting to see how Bulma got the time machine of Cell.

At first I didn't noticed it but god Vegeta is soooo pissed about Black. But who can blame him. Even if he try hide it he has a lot of feelings for Bulma.

Next episode, we will see Gohan yay. I hope he will get some more screen time, I always liked him as a character. And it seems we will see something about this mysterious Kaioshin. Aslo that it will lead to universe 10 sounds interesting. Can't wait for next week :)

Jul 10, 2016 9:07 PM

Dec 2015
Milennin said:
Out of everything in the DB universe, it's humans that are the worst? Not the Saiyans? Not Frieza's race? And they're so bad this Black guy feels the need to eradicate them? I could maybe understand his reasoning if he was born and bound on the same planet with the humans, but for someone who's seen much more of the universe, that seems way too extreme.

Given Black most probably Kaioshin from Universe 10, it is safe to say human on Universe 10 is the worst creature. And maybe Kaioshin there conclude other human on other universe is the same, and decided to eradicate all.
Fellaini is God
Jul 10, 2016 10:06 PM

Apr 2014
Maybe, Goku won the tournament and got the time ring from the omni-king as a reward. As for how he got possessed, not sure yet.
Jul 11, 2016 5:03 AM
Jul 2018
Future Trunks almost NTR'd present Trunks.

Episode was shit but I'm looking forward to the History of Trunks flashbacks. That anime special was even better than the manga version imo. Easily the best DB movie/special that's been released. I hope they don't do something stupid like bring Future Gohan back to life. It would ruin that special and a key part of Trunk's original character arc.
Jul 11, 2016 6:12 AM
Oct 2015
that awkward moment when kid trunks is witnessing his future self get mai wet
Jul 11, 2016 11:56 AM

Feb 2015
The first time Trunks came to the present he was secretive as fuck, now he is just sprouting everything like a bloody water hose.

Mai x Trunks shipping need to stop ASAP, very awkward that F.Trunks(32) and mini Mai(40) moment, she looks like a kid even though she's 40 years old.

Also seeing F.Trunks and Kid Trunks side by side is super strange that they have different hair colors.

This episode to me probably is the one i enjoyed less out of this arc, but i'm excited for the next episode with Gohan and Trunks, and also Zamasu and Uni10.

Jul 11, 2016 11:59 AM

Feb 2015
Natsu88 said:
Haha funny to see Mai shy towards Future Trunks.
Bulmas comment: "You sound like an adult" :D

It was interesting to see how Bulma got the time machine of Cell.

At first I didn't noticed it but god Vegeta is soooo pissed about Black. But who can blame him. Even if he try hide it he has a lot of feelings for Bulma.

Next episode, we will see Gohan yay. I hope he will get some more screen time, I always liked him as a character. And it seems we will see something about this mysterious Kaioshin. Aslo that it will lead to universe 10 sounds interesting. Can't wait for next week :)

I think Vegeta is still pissed about x10 Kaioken

Jul 11, 2016 6:54 PM

Apr 2014
Next episode is looking to be fucking awesome. We'll finally get to see Zamasu, a flashback of Future Gohan and on top of that Future Trunks will finally meet Gohan.

It also seems that "Dragon Ball Z Special 2: Zetsubou e no Hankou!! Nokosareta Chousenshi - Gohan to Trunks" is now officially canon confirmed. I wonder if we'll ever get to see some of Bardock.

Anyway, I don't care that it's summer holidays. I just wish this week pass as fast as possible.
themanualreader@proton.me
Jul 11, 2016 6:54 PM
Oct 2008
I don't know if its been answered before on this forum... But why does Future Trunks have blue hair, this is bugging me more than the plotholes... its just weird.
Jul 11, 2016 6:59 PM

Feb 2012
I don't like how much they're making it seem like Black wants to wipe out humanity. If he wanted to that badly, he could destroy the whole planet instantly. The only way it's believable that he doesn't do that is if he likes to see them suffer and hunt them down slowly, but they don't seem to be pushing that angle at all.
Jul 11, 2016 6:59 PM

Apr 2014
pillsbury15 said:
I don't know if its been answered before on this forum... But why does Future Trunks have blue hair, this is bugging me more than the plotholes... its just weird.

Let's just assume his hair changed color as he grew older. I remember my hair was blonde when I was a child and now my hair is brown. Nothing special. His hair color is now same as Bulma's.
themanualreader@proton.me
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Whats your expectations on the GRANOLAH THE SURVIVORS SAGA

HinduHabibi - 11 hours ago

5 by 1ElijahB »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.