Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 11, 2016 6:03 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm that was a pretty good first episode
Story and setting look interesting and character design looks good
Voice acting is also top notch as well with plenty of veterans here as well

I feel that the mc here is too aggressive but at the same time i understand the reason. So i hope that she gets developed as the series goes on
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2016 11:14 AM

Dec 2012
Great simulation of light beams.
There is a lot of good fanservice, but it's useless without the Blu-ray. The second part seemed really rushed.
Jul 11, 2016 11:34 AM

Aug 2013
Within the expected, but I liked the characters' design though, was only the first episode, but already I'm waiting on BDs ..
Jul 11, 2016 12:07 PM
Apr 2015
well that was a trainwreck of lazy writing. i liked the character designs but none of the characters have really been established (trying to add tension between characters before they've been established? what?). this is partly due to the stupidly massive amount of characters. a lot of information was also conveyed by characters explaining stuff to other characters even though they should already know what they're talking about.
Jul 11, 2016 1:01 PM

Sep 2015
Err the censor beams were distracting. I don't care much for fanservice but they were just too obvious...

It is pretty generic. There was some parts that interested me towards the latter. If the series explore more in to it, I'll watch it. But right now the 2 main human girls are what keeping me watching :P
Jul 11, 2016 6:22 PM

Aug 2013
Almost the entire episode featured all of the girls just completely naked.

I had high hopes that this would be mostly uncensored on the BDs, at least all da tiddies. But I see on the page here that the show is only rated PG13. So more than likely we'll get fucked over on fanservice and they'll just lighten up the steam and lights a bit while still leaving it fully censored.

They could prove me wrong, but I dont really have my hopes up.
Jul 12, 2016 12:15 AM

May 2009
Well, Luck&Logic which was also based on card game got uncensored bath scene on BD so this most likely also will remove lightbeams and fog.
Jul 12, 2016 12:48 AM

Aug 2012
Fanservice. Fanservice everywhere!! I was watching only light sabers and beams. At least not as lewd and horrible as the other anime this season (¬_¬)

Half decent first episode. They're all naked for 80% of this episode. Battles and skills were quite good, but not impressive. The white haired girl with summoned knifes reminded me so much of Sakuya Izayoi from Touhou.

Gonna drop in 3 episodes if majority of the scenes will be occupied again by light beams~
Jul 12, 2016 2:21 AM

Feb 2014
Very average, plus why did they spend well over half the episode naked? and even then not a lot was explained
Around and around the cycle goes.
Jul 12, 2016 3:31 AM

May 2014
So much Yuri-ish moments
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jul 12, 2016 6:46 AM

Apr 2015
Better than expected, but still rather average. At the very least I'm looking forward to listening to more of the OST and the character designs.
Jul 12, 2016 4:13 PM

Jun 2013
so they just spent the whole episode in a bath k
Jul 12, 2016 7:43 PM

Oct 2008
Too many characters...I can't keep track off...
Too much chaos going on...I also can't keep track off.
At least the OP performance is from Konomi Suzuki!!!
Now that I've noticed, all of the VA casts are top-class seiyuus!
4/5.

Jul 13, 2016 2:12 AM

Jun 2015
A lot of boobs.
But a lot of censoring.
I have a feeling this anime will be a fanservice yuri just with somewhat plot. I only picked this up to add more anime to my list though, I don't have this a high priority or anything and won't care if it's bad.
Jul 14, 2016 12:56 AM
Jun 2013
Saya was annoying. She's too cocky, I mean she just blames Amane when she's the one who weakened the link in the first place by being too reckless. I hope some good character development happens.

Other than that, I enjoyed this! Not anything spectacular but the characters seem cute and enjoyable.

So, Saya and Hinata are MC's?
Jul 16, 2016 8:49 AM

Mar 2009
Visually this episode was excellent. I love the art, colors, and character designs. And the fight scenes were done really well.

Plot wise not so much. I mean it was a good set up for the world, but I could've done without the angst and fan service.

I will give another episode for sure .
Jul 17, 2016 2:22 AM

Apr 2015
Oh my godddd what's with all the censorship couldn't they wear clothes!!

Anyway I'm surprised there's no male MC but it's a good thing because with a male MC it would be a shitty harem
Jul 17, 2016 1:10 PM

Nov 2009
sarroush said:
If someone didn't zone out and can actually tell me why they were fighting each other, I'd appreciate it. All I remember is something about leveling up?

Basically, for training. It's not quite clear if "classes" are about personal ability or just organizational ranking (robot girls seem to get more powerful overall when they level up), but if the main character have won, they would've got the next "class".

katsu044 said:
felt like if you picked a bunch of random anime characters from a bunch of different series and then threw them into a magical girl battle setting which pretty much ends up having zero consistency with the characters.

Well, they're from different worlds. Naturally, there is no reason for them to be similar. If anything, such variety in character designs is quite nice.
Jul 17, 2016 5:14 PM

Jul 2009
They spent a long time naked LOL
Aoi is so cool!
Jul 19, 2016 1:01 AM

Nov 2015
First episode with a bath scene already, wow! Well, half of it was censored. Pretty average start imo.

Jul 22, 2016 8:23 PM
Dec 2015
Oh my goodness this is the best show ever. We'very got magical female goku with a lightsaber and an 11 minute bath scene. Count me in for sure! But for reals, this thing is garbage.
Jul 23, 2016 9:00 AM
Mar 2012
way overused lens flares...
Interesting 5 world+apocalypse setting. Not that bad just char intro.
Pretty good fights, fine drawings even during action.
Light saber, ubw, kekkai sensen blood arts, wind sword, air friend, lol so many references.
Jul 23, 2016 2:37 PM

Aug 2013
Awesome visuals, sasuga Silverlink.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 12, 2016 6:30 AM

Dec 2015
It's hard to watch an anime when the main character is annoying af -.-'
Aug 18, 2016 5:30 AM

May 2014
Would have been a much better start if they didn't put too much fanservice in the first episode. So far this has a big potential, if they stick in exploring the plot and putting some nice action. Good character designs +
4/5
Konomi Suzuki too <3
Oct 7, 2016 6:32 PM

Feb 2014
I thought I would need a sunglasses to watch this episode with all that censorship...
Oct 11, 2016 2:36 AM

Jul 2014
It seems not even our Kissanime overlords could dodge the light beams of censorship. BD's not out yet or did they sell poorly considering that Japan loves lolis and boobs over asses.

Light Sabers were fucking strong and steam was strong too. Most of the episode they were naked so why all the god damn cockblocking light sabers??!? 2/5
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Nov 29, 2016 12:22 PM

Apr 2012
WTF do they only wear cloths 4 battle?
Jan 26, 2017 6:44 AM

Jan 2014
those girls are sure cute, and there's so much fanservice from the beginning.

but please, I don't get the story at all. what is alpha driver for? is she channeling power to those who fights? are those 6 girls should fight in sync?

as far as I can tell, if one messed up, it would cause the alpha driver a disturbance, giving other fighter lose it's power balance.
Jan 17, 2018 9:57 PM

Jul 2017
Shame to drop this after 1 episode. I heard there was an actual Yuri couple in this one, and I probably could have dealt with the middle-schooler light novel premise, poor animation (or lack thereof), and uninspired character tropes, but those awful light-beams are the straw that breaks the camel's back for me.

Honestly. Show the nipples we all know are there, have the girls cross their arms constantly, give them bikinis, whatever, but light-beams are literally Satan...
May 9, 2018 2:54 AM

Nov 2013
Fuck this generic, censored shit.
Oct 30, 2019 4:36 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So much naked girls wow (and light beam unfortunately)
Animation looks quite good but story seems to be rather boring for the moment.
Feb 12, 2020 2:45 PM
Jan 2017
Ok I normally wait til 3 episodes to drop an anime but yeahhhhh i'm dropping it here. The story is generic as hell
and they give you fanservice by blinding you with beams of light. I mean seriously either draw fucking clothes, towels, or SOMETHING on them if your anime is THAT censored Or better yet cut the naked scenes out entirely. Fanservice w/ literal BLINDING beams of light is NOT fanservice at all its just distracting and stupid.
May 6, 2020 8:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ashhk said:
So much naked girls wow (and light beam unfortunately)
Animation looks quite good but story seems to be rather boring for the moment.
And the suburbs are not a huge open-air crib populated by newborns
Nov 24, 2020 11:28 PM
Sep 2017
says "R+ Mild Nudity" god rays and steam room bullshit for censorship, there is nothing about this that deserves the "R+" rating, if anything R 17+ would fit better
Apr 20, 2021 3:54 AM

Oct 2007
Saya is a bit of power hungry person in this first episode.

Jun 20, 2021 2:47 PM

Feb 2020
It was an okay start. Everything looks beautiful. Silver Link's animation quality is always pleasing to the eye. However, those light beams were so annoying and distracting.

Well, let's see what's next.
May 29, 2022 7:32 PM

Jan 2010
"Is that a giant floating mechanical dick fortress?"
"Are those Lightsaber sounds?"
"Am I currently watching Vividred Operation, Strike Witches, or Symphogear?"

Ange Vierge sped through introductions within the first 3 minutes, then proceeded to exposit the anime's version of Valhalla and the Nine Realms for the next 2 minutes, complete with a hell of a lot of proper nouns. Then right after the opening, straight into a group bath scene with light beams galore for about 11 minutes. I see.

Knowing nothing upon watching the first episode, I read up on the series a bit. It looks to be based on a mobage, which I assume revolves around collecting cards with girls featred in them. Upon looking up gameplay, I immediately find a Prisma Illya collab, so that was a surprise. It's also interesting that the game had been running for about 8 years, only ending service last year. The interface from what I saw resembled Granblue Fantasy, as well as Kantai Collection before it transitioned from its Flash days.

All that aside, I'm still thinking about how this might be the most amount of time dedicated to a bath scene within a single episode I've witnessed in any anime up to this point. There's more time dedicated full (censored) nudity in this single episode than I've seen in than some 12 episode ecchi anime. That's...kind of impressive in some respects.
Jan 22, 4:53 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Fan service seems great, but plot seems uninteresting
Dropping for now
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ange Vierge Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

47 by Destroyer31 »»
Aug 15, 2023 10:21 PM

Poll: » Ange Vierge Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2016

42 by Shocked »»
Jun 5, 2022 9:37 AM

Poll: » Ange Vierge Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2016

15 by Shocked »»
Jun 4, 2022 7:07 PM

Poll: » Ange Vierge Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2016

20 by Shocked »»
Jun 2, 2022 9:12 PM

Poll: » Ange Vierge Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

27 by Shocked »»
May 31, 2022 7:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.