Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 8, 2016 4:48 PM

Jan 2015
The new opening is good, I don't like the song as much, especially now that Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town was growing on me, but I guess it's okay. It just seems kind of "generic shonen".
That aside, the episode was great overall. I really enjoyed it.
It's pretty wacky when in anime, someone is running what seems a short distance and it takes long enough for people to actually talk and think in the meantime, and a certain scene here showed up that the process takes a fraction of a second, this people really can think and act fast. Then again, in JoJo's case, I don't mind. I love how ridiculous it gets at times.
DanKyokoJul 8, 2016 4:54 PM
Jul 8, 2016 5:16 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town >>>>>>>>>>> The New OP

Kishibe Rohan, I'm pretty sure he belongs to Chaotic Neutral alignment if he were in D&D

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jul 8, 2016 5:20 PM

Jun 2010
The animation in the new opening is definitely a step up from the last one, but the song is definitely a step down. It's hard to say why exactly, but I think it may be because it sounds less "deliberate". Previous songs have always reflected the tone of the story, but Chase comes off as being just a generic J-Rock song, making it sound flat compared to the others.

The episode itself was top notch with fantastic animation for every scene. Leaving Josuke's saviour voiceless was the best option DP could have gone with, as it leaves people room to speculate on his identity. While I don't think he was meant to be anyone in particular, his sudden appearance in the middle of nowhere and the fact the man was injured are peculiar details to include. But some questions just don't have definitive answers.

Can't wait for next week. Remember there's no such thing as an all powerful stand, just Stand's that are stronger in certain situations...

until part 5 comes around at least.
Jul 8, 2016 5:20 PM

Apr 2014
my favorite character is in this new opening. was waiting for this eps and it did not disappoint even tho the animation is taking a serious dip.
Jul 8, 2016 5:40 PM

Jul 2011
Wow. Superb episode, easily my favorite so far. They are just completely nailing Rohan here and I couldn't be happier about that. I didn't like Kamiya at all for some reason but Sakurai is delivering for me 100%.

The visuals for the new OP are excellent and far surpass the first one. I'm about neutral on the song itself, but I felt the same way about Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town. So overall the new one is the winner for me.
Jul 8, 2016 6:10 PM

Jun 2009
The new opening is way better then the previous one. Still, it felt too short.
Jul 8, 2016 6:12 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. The new OP song is pretty decent. Nice visuals & cannot wait to see the other Stand Users that are to come as well as the main antagonist of the series.
Rohan is an amazing Mangaka. That speed, precision & detail of that panel was so good.
Koichi having a lot of trouble trying to warn Josuke & Okuyasu.

Rohan talking shit about Josuke's hair. WOW Bad idea there & Game Over.
Lol Josuke so focused on beating up Rohan that Heaven's Door didn't even work on him.

Such a heart warming flashback. Nice to know why Josuke doesn't like anyone talking bad about his hair.
Wonder if we will ever meet the person who saved Josuke as a child?

Lol Rohan on Hiatus.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 8, 2016 7:21 PM
Mar 2014
Tokuiten said:
Rohan is really obsessed with his manga, I bet even if the universe was going to end it couldn't keep him from drawing.

I see what you did there
Jul 8, 2016 8:56 PM

Apr 2013
Loved this episode! Rohan so dedicated to manga lool. No one messes with Josuke's hair! Love that new OP song! Both the song and the visuals were stunning and awesome.
Jul 8, 2016 10:16 PM
Jan 2015
MY FAVORITE EPISODE SO FAR!!!!
Jul 8, 2016 10:47 PM

Mar 2014
Yo, this episode was straight fucking fire!

Loving the new OP's visuals more than the previous, which was also dope, though Bizarre Town is a better song. Rohan's character is pretty damn good. But it's all about Josuke, my god, he's so gurrreato.

5/5
Jul 8, 2016 10:51 PM

Feb 2015
The new OP may sound more like something I would expect to hear in Naruto, but hot damn is it catchy and has 10/10 visuals.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2016 3:44 AM

Dec 2013
A++
thanks david for not fucking up the jojo adaptation
this eps is greato, we get to see the flashback of josuke's hairstyle
i really like to think that josuke saves himself

and damn that op is HYPE af, the visual and the song is like a match made in heaven. and all that easter egg for future arcs

from now it's all uphill boys

Tokuiten said:
Rohan is really obsessed with his manga, I bet even if the universe was going to end it couldn't keep him from drawing.

i see what you did there lol
SlowDancerJul 9, 2016 3:56 AM
"nothing is true. everything is permitted"
Jul 9, 2016 6:08 AM

Apr 2014
As always, there's little I can complain about; they managed to adapt it very well and I can't wait to see more of Rohan in the future. He's just the type of weirdo that makes this show so entertaining.

Next is one of the top 3 most exiting fights in part 4. I'm pumped. :)
Jul 9, 2016 8:14 AM

Feb 2015
that OP!!!

all those easter eggs in there, love how they showed Rohan's godly manga-ka skills. Josuke's hair gets trashed again and he goes blind from rage. I was hoping for asb Josuke voice for the pompadour savior but this way is fine too, favorite episode so far.
Jul 9, 2016 2:17 PM

Apr 2014
New op was good. I liked his MS paint skills (*paint bucket *paint bucket..) while coloring in the manga scene.
---------My Profile------------
Jul 9, 2016 2:34 PM

Sep 2011
The visuals for the new OP had a more "JoJo" feel. However, "Generic_Anime_OP_23.mp3" was disappointing. Needs about 60% more "fabulous".
Jul 9, 2016 3:12 PM
Jul 2016
Great episode and glad to see everyone feeling the same about this one.

Rohan has to be one of the best characters in the JoJo universes.

The first Op was more fun and really went well witht the art and the feel of Morioh Town. While this new one has a far superior visual and is an awesome tease for everyone who read the manga, great foreshadowing, you really want to pause after every cut/transition and analyze every single detail in the frame. Visually, it is more in sync with the Op in part 1 to 3. The music didn't stuck out as something special, they could have chosen something heavier and energetic as part 1 to 3.

Hands down to Kira, the most well written character in JoJo!

The transition were awesome as always and really are something that makes watching JoJo worthwile and a gold experience.
BadMoonJul 9, 2016 3:23 PM
Jul 9, 2016 4:14 PM

Dec 2009
Definitely a fantastic episode. Loved the backstory about why Josuke chose his hairstyle (I understand part of the story is just Koichi's assumptions) and the new opening theme is fantastic. Also Rohan was amazing.
Jul 9, 2016 4:16 PM

Jan 2014
I wanted to cry when I saw the still of the Stardust Crusaders, specifically Kakyoin. At least I can say I saw him this season!

Josuke's savior was totally him from the future. Hence why he had no voice. I'd like to see that plot point but so far there's been no further explanation.
Jul 9, 2016 6:01 PM

Jun 2013
the Op is awesome Koichi constant screaming is really annoying the mangaka got rekt and is that story about Josuke's hair true?
Jul 9, 2016 7:50 PM

Nov 2011
Josuke's savior identity doesn't matter since it never got revealed anyway. Maybe Araki's plan it to be Josuke's from the future but scrap that idea.

Jul 9, 2016 10:17 PM
Mar 2016
I liked the episode, but I thought the part about Jouske's hair was put in at a kind of inappropriate time in the episode. I also think people are thinking too hard trying to figure out who the identity of the person who saved Jouske is. I'd doubt it's relevant to the story.
Jul 9, 2016 10:26 PM

Sep 2014
I like the OP quite a bit lol. I'm just waiting for Kira's introduction!
Jul 9, 2016 11:11 PM

Mar 2009
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I can't say I care for Part 4's OPs compared to Parts 1, 2 and 3. They just don't hold a candle to them.

As for the episode, I loved that flashback. Who knew there was a a deeper meaning to Josuke's irrational anger whenever anyone insulted his hair.
Jul 10, 2016 7:21 AM

Apr 2014
OscarElite said:
I liked the episode, but I thought the part about Jouske's hair was put in at a kind of inappropriate time in the episode.

I think it was put in at a good time. It changed the mood after josuke beat up on rohan. Then after the flashback he beat up rohan again after finding him which put some comedic value back into the episode. What was your reasoning?
---------My Profile------------
Jul 10, 2016 8:04 AM

Dec 2009
Mormegil said:
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I can't say I care for Part 4's OPs compared to Parts 1, 2 and 3. They just don't hold a candle to them.

Strongly disagree, specially regarding part 3's openings being better. If I were to rank them, Stand Proud and Sono Chi no Kioku would be at the bottom.

As for the episode, it was the best animated one so far. I know it would be hard to keep that standard, buuuuut it was nice nonetheless.

Finished re-reading DiU and shit, it still stands out. Just perfect.
Jul 10, 2016 8:39 PM
Mar 2016
Wings said:
OscarElite said:
I liked the episode, but I thought the part about Jouske's hair was put in at a kind of inappropriate time in the episode.

I think it was put in at a good time. It changed the mood after josuke beat up on rohan. Then after the flashback he beat up rohan again after finding him which put some comedic value back into the episode. What was your reasoning?
I thought the mood change was really abrupt and had some goofy transition shots that seemed to cut the momentum of the scene off right there.
Jul 11, 2016 1:43 PM

Nov 2011
Jul 12, 2016 5:22 AM

Aug 2015
wth that opening . Great visual , meh song .
Jul 13, 2016 1:21 PM

Oct 2015
Who is the new opening by and why does it remind me of Naruto???

Liked this episode. If I were Koichi I'd write something one my clothes along the lines of "Help! I'm being controlled by the enemy stand" before walking outside. That Crazy Diamond punch was sooo satisfying. Also, damn the Japanese and their inexplicable fevers in anime!
Jul 13, 2016 2:28 PM

Apr 2009
With the arrival of a new op/ed, the cycle begins anew. People hate it at first because it's not what they specifically wanted, and in a few weeks they'll eventually love it and complain again that the new one that comes after this wasn't as good as this one. The major complaint this time is that it sounds too shounen, like naruto or bleach...well sorry to pull you into the real world but part 4 jojo IS shounen, despite it's efforts not to be. It was published in SHOUNEN JUMP for dios sake!

Of all the things that could happen in jojo, a backstory about the origins of Josuke's hairstyle is one thing that I never expected to happen. It wasn't really necessary, but I liked it all the same.

Rohan got FUCKING SAVAGED bro! I mean, every enemy gets beaten pretty viciously, but this one was specifically brutal because Rohan was just so cocky and didn't even brace for the devastating impact of a crazy diamond beatdown. So yeah I really liked him as a villain, and I look forward to seeing him when he's not trying to rip off the faces of the main cast.

Jul 13, 2016 5:55 PM
Dec 2014
WOW so fast drawing, I need 10x more time, and it get 10x worst. D=
Jul 14, 2016 6:40 AM

May 2012
The new OP has good visuals, but the song is horrible. The worst song out of all Jojo series
Jul 14, 2016 6:54 AM
Oct 2011
Tokuiten said:

Looking forward to the episode after the next one.
Shhhhhh
Jul 15, 2016 12:23 PM

Sep 2013
New op doesn't feel anything like jojo, horrible :(

Josuke and manages to beat Rohan by his pure rage of insulting his hair XD
That backstory plotline :O
Jul 17, 2016 4:31 AM

Dec 2010
The new OP is much appreciated. Josuke's background story was great too.
Jul 17, 2016 7:59 PM

Jan 2013
That was a simple solution not that clever.
Good episode though.
Aug 12, 2016 8:49 AM

Dec 2015
Good conclusion for this encounter: it stayed kind of goofy until the end.

If I was a manga hero, what would I do?

4/5
Oct 1, 2016 4:35 PM

Oct 2013
Ulquiorra said:

So Josuke was affected by Dio too.

Well, without spoilering, let's just say that Dio affected A LOT of subsequent stuff.
You will feel the aftereffects of his doing for a loooooooong time.
Oct 1, 2016 4:39 PM

Oct 2013
Ulquiorra said:
Kouun said:

Considering what we´re seeing is Koichi´s version of the story, the fact he looked just like Josuke was most likely just his assumption

Oh yeah, I haven't thought about that.

tsudecimo said:

That's exactly what I thought when I first read the manga. I was expecting a big plot twist of that person being Josuke from the future o.o

That, or more likely Araki thought about time travel at first and then he changed his mind or just forgot it, just like he did with Dio using Hermit Purple in SC. Araki has a lot of creativity, but he has not the most consistent writing in the world, since he tends to create the story on the fly thus easily making plotholes.
ShendueOct 1, 2016 5:34 PM
Oct 6, 2016 8:34 PM

Sep 2016
Illyricus said:

Josuke's hair backstory was really sweet. Never thought a mere gag would be that important to him.
I think the man who helped to move the car looked similar to him because the one who related the story was Koichi and he imagined the man similar to Josuke. The cameo of the Crusaders was a bit sad :(
The ending with Josuke turning Rohan into Togashi was hilarious. He deserved that, but gotta admire his passion for his job.

^This~

Shradow115 said:
I liked the story of Josuke's savior. Him looking like Josuke because Koichi didn't know what he looked like makes perfect sense, and not having him voiced was an amazing choice as well. That part was really emotional.

And ^This~~
Dec 24, 2016 1:13 PM

May 2012
Pretty impressive episode again, really nice ending but what I really found interesting was that backstory! I wonder if that really is just someone else or if something like time travel was the case of that?

Quite interesting to be honest, let's see what happens next!
Dec 25, 2016 1:20 AM

Sep 2013
RafaelDeJongh said:
Pretty impressive episode again, really nice ending but what I really found interesting was that backstory! I wonder if that really is just someone else or if something like time travel was the case of that?

Quite interesting to be honest, let's see what happens next!

Sorry to disappoint, but that was not Josuke...that was 'Fauxsuke.'

Koichi stated that it was just his own interpretation of Josuke's hair story, so the dude in that flashback sequence was substituted with Josuke's body-frame
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Jan 28, 2017 10:44 PM

Feb 2012
So the pram with an invisible baby is in the intro. Also Koichi's dialogue from the previous episode, they didn't find the mother after all, I wonder if Josuke's fear that there'd be rumors he got a girl pregnant would be true?

Just knew Rohan was going to write down Josuke's backstory lol, that determined.

Do we ever find out who the mysterious guy with the same hair is?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 31, 2017 12:15 AM

Oct 2012
Looks like Josuke just traveled back to past

Ofc Hiatus
I think I know about it now that almost every author did this because they got attacked by enemy stand xD
"Signature removed"
Feb 2, 2017 1:35 AM

Mar 2015
New OP is awesome!

Wonder how true Josuke's backstory was? Very touching, but the guy looked like present him
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 8, 2017 5:41 AM

Jul 2013
Dude that's totally Josuke who pushed that car. There's got to be some time travel thing that's happened.
Feb 28, 2017 12:32 PM

Aug 2014
Great new OP and goddamn, don't freaking mess with Josuke's hair or he'll kill you <.<
Apr 13, 2017 2:24 AM

Jan 2015
The moment where Koichi mentioned the past of Josuke and it showed Kakyoing, Polnareff, Iggy, Jotaro, Joseph, Avdol it really gave me goosebumps... I miss them so much.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

371 by Fenrir_01 »»
Mar 21, 6:46 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2016

156 by Blitrapika »»
Mar 8, 9:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

95 by Kenpachi_69 »»
Jan 21, 6:04 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2016

159 by JimineyRufus »»
Jan 12, 6:29 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

126 by Zaxphred »»
Jan 11, 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.