Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 5, 2016 10:13 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting, so Subaru survived after all that chaos.

More action this episode and we get some Ram in action :D. Glad to see they kept it as violent as possible against those beasts. I find it interesting to see Subaru be the only to do the saving this time but with Ram. I mean, even if it takes him a big fall down the mountain, I gotta give the guy some guts.

Subaru should of aimed better with his sword at Ogre transformed Rem the first time...but then again, we got another cliffhanger with an all-mighty sword swing.

Rem really is a boss ;o
Good episode overall although not expanded as usual with both OP and ED theme songs being played this week. I wonder when we will be getting new theme songs for the next cour/arc. Next week should be no more delays, Chinese raw is out now.
Stark700Jun 5, 2016 11:03 AM
Jun 5, 2016 10:25 AM

Apr 2015
Stark700 said:

More action this episode and we get some Ram in action :D. Glad to see they kept it as violent as possible against those beasts.

The actions scenes were awesome and they did a perfect job at portraying Rem strong but insane.

Stark700 said:
I find it interesting to see Subaru be the only to do the saving this time but with Ram. I mean, even if it takes him a big fall down the mountain, I gotta give the guy some guts.

You gotta respect that guy and boy will we respect him at the end of the series.

Stark700 said:
Good episode overall although not expanded as usual with both OP and ED theme songs being played this week. I wonder when we will be getting new theme songs for the next cour/arc.

They really can afford to do that. I mean has that ever happened before? I think that's actually the first episode that this happened. This could mean that they want to give the old OP and ED it's well deserved credit before they get replaced.

I'd say the OP & ED with new visuals will be showcased at the prescreening event in episode 12 or episode 13 the latest.
Jun 5, 2016 11:37 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The good thing about this is that the French Open ended today so no more delays :D

EDIT: This episode made it a while lot harder for me to chose between the twins but in all honesty, I fucking love them both equally now

Emilia continuing to be best girl and Rem kicking ass like a fucking boss....Betty also showing why I love each and every girl in this series including her....Good times

I just hope that next week this will all be over and that they killed all thsoe beasts as well as the fucking kawaii one that looks like a puppy....I'm scared for Rem though, sounds like the recoil from her demon mode will fuck her up badly

Also I missed the OP so much lol
TokoyaJun 5, 2016 2:43 PM
Jun 5, 2016 12:14 PM

Nov 2014
EDIT: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GO TO #89 BEFORE REPLYING TO THIS. I'M TIRED OF COPYING AND PASTING!
As a LN reader, I don't quite like the anime's way of displaying the information.
For those who might be confused, this is what happened.
When Subaru got bitten by the mabeasts, each bite comes with a curse, and so because there's so many curses on him, betty can't undo them all. And how the curse work is when the mabeasts are hungry, they'll use their connection to Subaru to take mana from him. However, if they're dead, then the curses will fade. And rem believes it's her fault that Subaru got bitten, so she went into the forest to kill all the mabeasts herself. And it seems that she lost control of her demon power and mistaken subaru as an enemy. But, thankfully, by throwing ram towards her, subaru has diverted her attention, leaving an opening for him to cut her horn.
ttcchenJun 5, 2016 5:51 PM
Jun 5, 2016 12:32 PM

Mar 2015
Uhh... that was short. I can't believe the Chinese streaming that I watched from censored everything. Literally everything because my screen is black.

Also they put in the OP and ED, damn it. They should've just remove it for more content :3

Ram is pretty much useless like always lol except for her clairvoyant ability. Though I love how she got thrown by Subaru for him to striker Rem's horn.

Though I guess the spotlight of this episode is Rem absolutely wanted to save Subaru and what Subaru said at the end:

「笑え、レム。――今日の俺は、鬼より鬼がかってるぜ」

It's from chapter 46 of WN and it was beautiful. Subaru really is a hero ;_; laugh Rem, laugh! You're the best~

Jun 5, 2016 12:34 PM

Apr 2016
Bro can you tell me more about the manga?so i just read 3 arc,where i can read more?
Jun 5, 2016 12:43 PM

Mar 2015
RoyTF said:
Bro can you tell me more about the manga?so i just read 3 arc,where i can read more?

Currently there's 13 raw chapters in arc 3. There's nothing more you can do than read up to chapter 13 other than the WN or LN.

Jun 5, 2016 12:43 PM

Apr 2015
DarklordVor said:
Uhh... that was short. I can't believe the Chinese streaming that I watched from censored everything. Literally everything because my screen is black.

Also they put in the OP and ED, damn it. They should've just remove it for more content :3

Ram is pretty much useless like always lol except for her clairvoyant ability. Though I love how she got thrown by Subaru for him to striker Rem's horn.

Though I guess the spotlight of this episode is Rem absolutely wanted to save Subaru and what Subaru said at the end:

It's from chapter 46 of WN and it was beautiful. Subaru really is a hero ;_; laugh Rem, laugh! You're the best~

That's why we wait for our uncensored Japanese version :D

Let them put it in before they replace it through the next OP & ED, they've earned themselves that :P

Oh yes, now our poor boy even shows more guts than Elsa pulled out of him. Having a sword suits him surprisingly well.
FappaJun 5, 2016 12:46 PM
Jun 5, 2016 12:46 PM

Mar 2015
Fappa said:
DarklordVor said:

That's why we wait for our uncensored Japanese version :D

Let them put it in before they replace it through the next OP & ED, they've earned themselves that :P

Oh yes, now our poor boy even shows more guts than Elsa pulled out of him.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to watch it again, which I don't mind because Rem is awesome in this episode :3

I also think they will remove both the OP and ED in the next episode. Rem-rin hype episode~

Our boy is trying his best to be the best. Even Reinhard got nothing on Subaru.

Jun 5, 2016 12:59 PM

Dec 2014
That episode felt painfully short...probably because it's the first episode with both OP and ED properly in.

P.S. Congratulations Djokovic.
MezterJun 5, 2016 1:10 PM
Jun 5, 2016 1:01 PM

Apr 2015
DarklordVor said:

Yeah, I'm gonna have to watch it again, which I don't mind because Rem is awesome in this episode :3

I also think they will remove both the OP and ED in the next episode. Rem-rin hype episode~

I just watched it in Japanese what I can understand at least a bit and uncensored holy damn. WHITE FOX!

It's their last time they can show off I think because it's likely that they will reveal the new OP & ED at the prescreening event. We shouldn't see the skipping of the OP or/and ED as something given anyway. It's something unusual that they did.

Seriously, after that no one can deny that he's working hard for his happiness. Even if I didn't knew the source material Subaru would be my favorite protagonist of the season.
TyrelJun 5, 2016 2:34 PM
Jun 5, 2016 1:09 PM

Apr 2014
Ram is so much better than Rem. Her charm really shone though this episode.
The animation was really nice in some spots, though I don't really know what was happening since I saw it through a livestream. Still think White Fox is kind of dragging this out, they could have done so much more.
Jun 5, 2016 1:11 PM

Dec 2014
ColdBreeze said:

Episode 8 had both too I think. And I think your second sentence is a bit spoiler-ish. :D

Fixed :)

Episode 8 had ED as an insert song, so technically not 'properly'..at least for me.
Jun 5, 2016 1:12 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was damn good. Subaru finally kissed Emilia the best girl.

Lol I just lied, waiting for subbed version to release.
Jun 5, 2016 1:12 PM

Jul 2014
When Subaru fcking threw Ram, that was funny as hell and while asking her "you wont get mad? promise?" seriously, dis MC is fcking lol material.

Those were some brutal shots, studio stepping up their A-Game, and is this the first time they played the OP and ED visuals? was kinda hoping for more content but still good episode as always.
Jun 5, 2016 1:15 PM

Jul 2014
Hongu said:
The animation was really nice in some spots, though I don't really know what was happening since I saw it through a livestream. Still think White Fox is kind of dragging this out, they could have done so much more.

Agree'd, I actually find Ram a lot more interesting than Rem for some reason, could be because of the people from the LN overhyping her too much, but then again I kinda liked Ram even before the Rem squad came in.
Jun 5, 2016 1:15 PM

Mar 2015
Fappa said:
DarklordVor said:

I just watched it in Japanese what I can understand at least a bit and uncensored holy damn. WHITE FOX!

It's their last time they can show off I think because it's likely that they will reveal the new OP & ED at the prescreening event. We shouldn't see the skipping of the OP or/and ED as something given anyway. It's something unusual that they did.

Yeah they pretty much have to skip both because

Seriously, after that no one can deny that he's working hard for his happiness. Even if I didn't knew the source material Subaru would be my favorite protagonist of the season.

It is indeed unusual to omit OP & ED like that, but it was also kind of surprising that they didn't do it this time because we're used to it lol. I'm expecting to see the new arc 3 visual with a shot of those 5 girls and their knights together and also a shot of Rem with Subaru.

But Subaru really is the best boy. He is her hero after all.

Jun 5, 2016 1:22 PM

Apr 2015
Hongu said:

We need all the time we can get for arc 2, so they're not dragging out anything they're simply being faithful and this is necessary to build up what comes.
Jun 5, 2016 1:24 PM

Dec 2014
The show is like my waifu.. so much intensity while watching

I can honestly say that I don't even blink when I am seeing the episode
Jun 5, 2016 1:42 PM

Apr 2015
ttcchen said:
As a LN reader, I don't quite like the anime's way of displaying the information.
When Subaru got bitten by the mabeasts, each bite comes with a curse, and so because there's so many curses on him, betty can't undo them all. And how the curse work is when the mabeasts are hungry, they'll use their connection to Subaru to take mana from him. However, if they're dead, then the curses will fade. And rem believes it's her fault that Subaru got bitten, so she went into the forest to kill all the mabeasts herself. And it seems that she lost control of her demon power and mistaken subaru as an enemy. But, thankfully, by throwing ram towards her, subaru has diverted her attention, leaving an opening for him to cut her horn.

Uhm I don't know if you understood what they said when you watched it but the episode explained exactly that. They made it as clear as it can get.
Jun 5, 2016 1:42 PM

Jun 2016
The animation where Ram flied straight toward Rem felt a little too lame for me. Also Rem's motivation behind getting into forest along was presented better in the light novel IMO since (maybe spoiler?)

Otherwise this episode is definitely one of my personal favorite so far.
Jun 5, 2016 1:59 PM

Dec 2014
Ram being cute this episode.

And that fight animation though. That episode ended WAY too quickly arrrgh. Like when I saw the title screen I was thinking it can't be over already. It did...

Now to wait another week.
I need sleep.
Jun 5, 2016 2:03 PM

Aug 2015
A little curious why he didn't go for killing the dog controlling the beasts.
Jun 5, 2016 2:03 PM
Jan 2011
Hmm. Would have expected Ram to wear white underwear considering the color of the stockings but whatever. Or was that supposed to be censorship? If that's the case I want Ram's underwear in detail for the BD version. I think the throwing scene was done great. Fine episode.
Jun 5, 2016 2:05 PM

Nov 2014
Rem in demon mode is insane

Puck: "Munch, gobble, snarf, chew, chomp, snap, crunch!"
Puck is such a cutie
Hi there
Jun 5, 2016 2:05 PM

Feb 2015
So whatta ya going to do after you knock the power out of your trump card, Subaru? You're still surrounded by the evil houndoom looking mofos and the beagle with psychic powers.
Jun 5, 2016 2:14 PM

May 2012
Damn this episode ended way to fast, and Rem and demon form is a straight savage.

Another great episode. I swear this episode ended way to freaking fast. When I saw the title for the episode I thought we was at the half way mark. To my surprise we was at the ending.

Also got some back story on Rem and Ram. Damn I thought Ram had a deamon form as well, but apparently not. It also seems liek twins in the demon world are like half breads to them. I wonder what happen to Ram to make her lose her horn?

Rem showed the fuck out this episode. The animation was also amazing during her fight. Also it seems like enough though she loses control she still recognizes her sister.

Man I hope they killed the damn dog. Don't want Subaru to die. I mean this is the perfect route. Cant wait till next week.
AntearionJun 5, 2016 2:21 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Ram was awesome in this episode. Something happened in the past so her horn got chopped off.

Rem going berserk again, great animation there at some points.

So the curses that the mabeasts put on Subaru get lifted slowly when the mabeasts die. Man, Rem surely must have felt guilty.

May 2016
That felt too short!

And aw, poor sword only lasted a few minutes lol. Also love that we got more characterization for Ram! Can't wait to see their backstory with the horns.
Jun 5, 2016 2:15 PM

Jul 2012
hnnnnnggghhh I'll give this smile 500k volts

Jun 5, 2016 2:18 PM

Apr 2014
Holy fuck that was a great episode

Subaru power throwing Ram XD

Can't wait for the next episode

OrangeJPJun 5, 2016 3:55 PM

Jun 5, 2016 2:19 PM

Jul 2014
Great episode as usual.

I didn't expect Ram to be so useless :-) And it seems that Ram's version for the conclusion of the Oni story was based on true story :D
So the real question now: why did she do that?
Jun 5, 2016 2:19 PM

Jul 2014
Thank fuck Subaru didn't die and lose the lap pillow moment. That being said, Subaru could well still die, seeing as he's probably significantly weakened their only viable fighter by knocking Rem back to her senses like I'm assuming he has done. Even so, another excellent episode with some good exploration of Ram and some clever intuition by Subaru to summon the beasts to him by trying to talk about his power.

Alsom certainly an interesting strategy to literally throw Ram at Rem to distract her, though I initially though Subaru was going to use Ram to bash Rem over the head.
Jun 5, 2016 2:24 PM

May 2012
Fappa said:
ttcchen said:

Uhm I don't know if you understood what they said when you watched it but the episode explained exactly that. They made it as clear as it can get.

Yea what he said. They explained... Just like that. She even did the hand jesters to help explain it even more.
Jun 5, 2016 2:24 PM

Sep 2011
VanishingKira said:
Hope this arc ends soon,it's been boring as hell.
Probably 1 more ep since the next arc will go until the season ends.
TyrelJun 5, 2016 2:33 PM
Jun 5, 2016 2:25 PM

Sep 2015
aznsensation801 said:
hnnnnnggghhh I'll give this smile 500k volts

That smile killed it Ram was the star of this episode lol. Nice to see Subaru live, surprised when he was in the air he didn't throw that sword at the evil Demon puppy. I so would have lol great episode though 10/10 for sure. Interesting to see that the dogs are so attracted to his scent as well.

Antearion said:
Fappa said:

Yea what he said. They explained... Just like that. She even did the hand jesters to help explain it even more.

I actually thought they did a good job throwing in the information in a short time window. You could also tell how guilty Rem felt in the flash back
TyrelJun 5, 2016 2:33 PM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Jun 5, 2016 2:27 PM
Nov 2015
I really liked this episode, Rem is awesome, to me it didn't feel too short plus we get to see both OP e ED. Can't wait to start the new arc.
It was a long time since i enjoyed an anime this much, I'll think I'll start the novel too
Jun 5, 2016 2:28 PM

Nov 2014
Rem was in trouble, but they still had time to stop, listen to two motivational speeches, and have like three flashbacks, haha. Those damn curses and mabeasts are a pain in the ass. And I miss Elsa.

Very entertaining episode. It didn't feel like 23 minutes at all. Rem in berserk demon mode was fun to watch.

5/5
Jun 5, 2016 2:28 PM

Sep 2015
Ram is so cute *w*
What was he trying to do with this sword, he will cut her head wtf

(op and ed in the same episode!)
Jun 5, 2016 2:29 PM
Jun 2016
Man tfw four people rate it 1/5 in under a minute.

The episode was great, loved the animation and how it left me on the edge of my seat throughout. Would like to know why people have rated it 1/5, I honestly can't see why they'd do that, besides the fact that they just dislike the premise of the show itself.

5/5
Jun 5, 2016 2:29 PM

May 2012
Welp, that episode went by pretty quick. Other than the initial pain and danger he brings to himself, wonder what happens to Subaru if he keeps trying to reveal his secret internationally or unintentionally

Rem was a beast lol

Wonder how the next episode's gonna go down. Ram's out for the count and Rem is possibly going to be considerably weakened due to being out of that demon mode along with fatigue. Stupid ugly puppy alive and all.

Overall, nice episode

Jun 5, 2016 2:30 PM

May 2015
Good episode. I wonder what the witches intentions are for bringing Subaru to this world?????? He justs seems like such an average guy, so i wonder whats special about him that she picked him out of everyone in our world. so intriguing...
Jun 5, 2016 2:31 PM
Jul 2014
Hopefully cutting her horn doesn't destroy it permanently like it did for the other sister. But then she suggested it, so hopefully not -- unless she was trying to bring her sister down to her own level.

Still, though, even if it works they're going to be left almost defenseless and surrounded by wild mabeasts and their shaman dog. Not a great position to be in. Still, it feels like they've invested too much in this path to pull a Return from Death now, unless his save point has reset again perhaps. So there must be some way through.
Jun 5, 2016 2:31 PM

Jun 2014
I'm glad Subaru got plot armor, I wanted him to keep the relationships he gained.

Also, fantastic ep. as usual, that fight animation was on point.
Jun 5, 2016 2:33 PM

Jul 2007
So as I guessed, it seems that Ram already got over whatever happened int heir past while Rem did not.
And yeah this confirms that the beasts are attracted by witch's smell. And just like I guessed, they seem to be angered by it. But this yet again brings up the question I had last week - why would they attack something that indicates their creator? More baffling mysteries.

Either way this episode pretty much solidified Rem and Ram as best girls of the show, leaving under-developed Emilia in the dust. Really hope she will eventually get more depth than being a "waifu prize" for Subaru. Still think she might be Satella and if its true that could pay off, otherwise no idea. Talking about the demon sisters though, It was kind of interesting how Rem has a kind of a role of a berserker warrior, while Ram has to rely on magic because of her lack of horn.

Pacing wise, this felt like an in-between episode and sadly the transition from last week to this week felt a bit abrupt and badly handled - having Puck just recap what happened while Subaru was out felt very disconnected from last week. There are better ways to direct such a transition and the way the show did it here felt a bit too dry.
Alas by the time they got into the forest, the show became good yet again and the episode was enjoyable and well paced till the end with some very great action sequences and conversations.

I hope that ending does not mean that Rem would lose her badass berserker form....

Overall a solid 4/5
AhenshihaelJun 5, 2016 2:38 PM
Jun 5, 2016 2:34 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
ttcchen said:
That was pretty straightforward based off of what Betty said lol
Jun 5, 2016 2:35 PM

Jan 2015
Hornless demon but with extreme level magic, for ranged fight huh? Okay, I guess that's pretty fair enough.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 5, 2016 2:38 PM
Dec 2013
Absolutely kick ass action scenes.

Why do they always have to end on a cliffhanger ;_;
Jun 5, 2016 2:39 PM

Jan 2015
Another great episode. The animation for Rem fighting was really well done, also can't wait to see how this looks on the BD's.

Really surprised how this show makes me like all the female leads equally as they all have moments that are great.

Subaru definitely best protagonist this season, I mean with all the shit he puts up with and his perseverance....just a great combination.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 5, 2016 2:40 PM
Aug 2015

WHAT IS THIIIIISSS!?!?!?!??!?!?!
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

32 by KuyaC »»
Apr 25, 8:20 AM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.