Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 4, 2016 5:23 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh no joke, the fake Vegeta is a lot stronger than some of them expected being able to take on Goku.

Some of the doppelganger's ability reminds me of Buu in a way but more creepy. Gotta say though, Trunks screaming for his father got me scared me a bit during the fight. Speaking of Trunks, I'm somewhat excited to see what they'll do with him in the upcoming arc.
Jun 4, 2016 5:24 PM

Oct 2010
This was a quality story episode.

Jaco comedy 10/10
Vegeta/Trunks dramatic scene
Monaka saving the day

dat preview doe:
HyackJun 4, 2016 5:43 PM
Jun 4, 2016 5:35 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I really liked how they changed the tone of the next episode preview
Jun 4, 2016 5:39 PM
Jul 2018
I really shouldn't be this hyped up for a DBS episode.

But fuck it I am. Please Toei, go all out starting next week.
Jun 4, 2016 7:53 PM

Jul 2015
Vegeta screaming at both goku and the clone lol. Really excited for the next future trunks arc to start!
Jun 4, 2016 8:22 PM

May 2015
That cliffhanger… A new menace, Who Could That Be?!
Jun 4, 2016 9:11 PM

Jan 2016
Monaka did it again! lol Besides the jokes, I like how Jaco has an analytical view of the fights.

And now Future Trunks arc... Finally xD
THANKS SENPIEX
Jun 4, 2016 9:35 PM

Apr 2013
Is this the birth of a new meme!??????

Oh my poor insides.....

Jun 5, 2016 12:13 AM

Mar 2014
Toriyama loves to humiliate Vegeta when he gets the chance xD

Purple water in Super Saiyan Blue was unexpected for me (thought that Goku would be just playing vs him without becoming Super Saiyan believing that it only copied Normal Vegeta's powers)

IT'S TIME FOR THE FUTUREEEEEEEEEE

Future Trunks always makes serious DBZ and this hopefully is not the exception. Also looks that is not the actual Trunks (from the future), instead is the Trunks from the Cell saga, very curious about how is going to develope the things if the Dragon Balls no exist in that world.
Jun 5, 2016 3:30 AM

Apr 2010
Toriyama had nothing to do with this episode. The episodes between the Universe 6 saga and this Future Trunks saga episode next week are just filler, made to give Toriyama time to write these sagas out.
Jun 5, 2016 4:43 AM

Dec 2015
Monaka will save the day again on the next Future Trunks Arc. Heed my words!!
Fellaini is God
Jun 5, 2016 5:47 AM
Mar 2008
What a joke of useless episodes. Except the last half of SonGoku vs Hit, DBS did almost nothing right and this useless damn "arc" with slime-Bejiita was damn insulting. Toei better deliver with the Future Trunks Arc.
Jun 5, 2016 5:47 AM

Jan 2015

"Bitch, I'm adorable!" - Vegeta
Jun 5, 2016 5:59 AM

Jan 2012
That pacifier fit Vegeta waaaaay too well. XD
Jun 5, 2016 6:25 AM

Sep 2015
This filler with the fake Vegeta was annoying tbh

I'm so hyped for next week ! (future Mai *o*)
Jun 5, 2016 7:11 AM

May 2015
FUTURE TRUNKS HYPE!
Jun 5, 2016 7:25 AM

Feb 2013
The best part of the episode was the moment when Vegeta realized what a pacifier is.
Jun 5, 2016 7:27 AM

Jan 2015
How could Vegeta not know it was a pacifier !! :/ He has a son ....
Jun 5, 2016 7:59 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Monaka saves the day again.I wonder if Goku would have won had he used a Kaio Ken x 10 Kamehameha in SSB, before Monaka stepped on the core. Overall I liked the episode. I would love to see an episode where Vegeta takes Trunks to the park, father/son slice of life type episode. Their relationship is quite strong.

Best scene was when Jaco wanted to take a picture of Vegeta with the pacifier xD
Bulma's reaction would have been epic.

Next week
Oh boy, who would have thought this would happen. 1 year ago I don't think any of us would have seen this return coming. So many questions yet very little answers. Biggest question for now is why is the future in ruins.

Jun 5, 2016 8:22 AM
Jul 2018
That pacifier fitted Vegeta very well.

Monaka saved the day.

Nice to see Future Trunks again!
Jun 5, 2016 8:38 AM

Feb 2016
Can't wait for future trunks
Jun 5, 2016 8:50 AM

Feb 2015
Some of the animation during the battle scene was pretty nice. Looks like they're very slowly learning what made DBZ's battles good and apply that to DBS's battles. Still hating what they're doing to Vegeta.

Preview for next week's episode looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing Trunks's story.
Jun 5, 2016 8:59 AM
Aug 2014
Hyack said:
dat preview doe:
The real color as Toriyama intended from the beginning but ruined by Toei. So what color he'll have if he ever goes SSJ god? no change or revert to black as oppose to the others.
Jun 5, 2016 9:11 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.
Vegeta unable to decide who to root for and eventually chewing on the pacifier was hilarious XD
Jaco being ignored by the water was gold XD

The Goku vs Purple Vegeta fight wasn't that great though.

PV easily the best part of the episode, Future Trunks :D
Is he in Super Saiyan Blue form?:O
Jun 5, 2016 10:22 AM

Dec 2014
Ok that was fun to watch their fight kinda reminded me of one of those naruto/ Sasuke fights

Looking forward to the new chapter next week
Jun 5, 2016 11:03 AM

Jan 2010
Damn DBS just keeps getting better past the tournament arc. The next ep. is going to be awesome! I love it when Toriyama includes the side characters too, I hope we see even more of them.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Jun 5, 2016 2:07 PM

Nov 2012
What Vegeta you only minutes to live and I have to defeat your clone in order to save you!?!? better fight normally for a few minutes THEN transform and drag this fight out for a few more minutes.. I thought Goku was supposed to be a good friend, so why is he putting Vegeta's life in danger by dicking around
Jun 5, 2016 2:08 PM

Jan 2016
hahahahaha, i wonder if the author approved any of this, poor vegeta....
lol jaco, I was actually hyped for him to be cloned
as expected from the strongest of universe 7
next arc 0_0

Jun 5, 2016 3:21 PM

Jul 2009
I've been waiting my whole life (literally since I watched DBZ as a child) to see what happens with Future Trunks. I'm not reading the manga so the preview was a total surprise for me. I'm SO excited.

Anyway, this episode was fantastic too. I was gunna cry if Vegeta disappeared or if something happened to Trunks. :c

Also lol at Monaka saving the day and Goku still being oblivious and thinking he's super powerful. Love it. I can't wait to see his reaction if/when he finds out.
Jun 5, 2016 3:35 PM
Mar 2015
Talim said:
I've been waiting my whole life (literally since I watched DBZ as a child) to see what happens with Future Trunks. I'm not reading the manga so the preview was a total surprise for me. I'm SO excited.

Hit vs Goku just started in the manga. The manga is behind of the anime -.-
Jun 5, 2016 3:40 PM

Jul 2009
KilluaX4 said:
Talim said:

Oh, what? Weird. But these newer episodes aren't filler though, I assume? Future Trunks seems like it'd be canon..
Jun 5, 2016 4:02 PM

Dec 2009
Talim said:
KilluaX4 said:

Oh, what? Weird. But these newer episodes aren't filler though, I assume? Future Trunks seems like it'd be canon..

The anime isn't adapting the manga, both the anime and manga are adapting Akira Toriyama's scripts he's writing out for Toei.
Jun 5, 2016 4:23 PM

Jul 2013
The fight was good especially when they transformed to SSJ Blue. Monaka saved the day like last time :D

And Vegeta with the baby soother was absolute hilarious, good thing he didn't knew what it was >.<

Omg the next episode with the upcoming arc will be great. The atmosphare seems pretty dark. I'm curious about the blue hair. Can't wait until next sunday :P

Jun 5, 2016 7:18 PM

Sep 2009
Vegeta with a pacifier was pretty dang funny and Jaco wanting a picture of it was priceless.

Wasn't expecting a Future Trunks arc so I'm excited for this!
Jun 5, 2016 7:28 PM

Jan 2014
FUTURE TRUNKS!

F U T U R E T R U N K S!!!
Jun 5, 2016 7:29 PM

Jan 2014
MCA5EY said:
What Vegeta you only minutes to live and I have to defeat your clone in order to save you!?!? better fight normally for a few minutes THEN transform and drag this fight out for a few more minutes.. I thought Goku was supposed to be a good friend, so why is he putting Vegeta's life in danger by dicking around

Goku's always dicking around.
Jun 5, 2016 7:44 PM

Jun 2012
Hmm... evil Vegeta copy somewhat resembling Baby Vegeta, and a pacifier. This just seems like one big joke making fun of GT lol.

Anyways, a decent end to a so-so arc. Though Pacifier Vegeta was pretty hilarious, as well as the Jaco moments.

That ending though, TIME FOR THE HYPE TRAIN! And was that Future Mai? Man this will be epic.
EternalSerenityJun 5, 2016 7:50 PM
Jun 5, 2016 9:35 PM

Nov 2013
Wow awesome episode, and future Trunks looked really cool.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jun 6, 2016 12:33 AM

Jan 2009
why Future Trunks hair color is just like Super Saiyan Blue? lol they should have made it purple like it used to be, did he color his hair? lol
Jun 6, 2016 1:21 AM
Sep 2012
skitzo said:
why Future Trunks hair color is just like Super Saiyan Blue? lol they should have made it purple like it used to be, did he color his hair? lol

iirc, Toriyama made Kid Trunks's hair look blue back when Dragon Ball Super was first announced and showed designs of the Z-fighters.
Jun 6, 2016 1:24 AM

Jan 2009
Linkmstr said:
skitzo said:

iirc, Toriyama made Kid Trunks's hair look blue back when Dragon Ball Super was first announced and showed designs of the Z-fighters.

ah ok but kid Trunks have purple color now a days just like what Future Trunks in Dragonball Z did

Jun 6, 2016 1:27 AM
Sep 2012
skitzo said:
Linkmstr said:

ah ok but kid Trunks have purple color now a days just like what Future Trunks in Dragonball Z did

Well, Kid Trunks also had purple hair back in DBZ too... >_>;;

Well, you'll just have to wait for (or ask) Toriyama to explain why Future Trunks in DBS has blue hair. ;p
Jun 6, 2016 1:29 AM

Jan 2009
Linkmstr said:
skitzo said:

Well, you'll just have to wait for (or ask) Toriyama to explain why Future Trunks in DBS has blue hair. ;p

i hope Toriyama has any reason for the color change of Future Trunks then no matter how bad the reason is lol
Jun 6, 2016 1:30 AM
Sep 2012
skitzo said:
Linkmstr said:

i hope Toriyama has any reason for the color change of Future Trunks then no matter how bad the reason is lol

tbh, I kind of like the blue hair design on Future Trunks. (Probably because my favorite color is blue)
Jun 6, 2016 4:21 AM

Jan 2009
Darius said:
skitzo said:

Perhaps Bulma died in his timeline and he dyed his hair blue in honor of his mother? He does have her red bandana on his neck.

If we think about it, Bulma was really dear to him. She is his mother of course but on top of that she was also the last close person to him. (though from the preview I see he got friends with Mai)

ye thats one possible reason
Jun 6, 2016 4:47 AM
Feb 2009
this whole filler made no sense, I mean since when was Normal State Vegeta stronger than SSj3 Gotenks? oi looks like the creators went ahead and gave vegeta a boost of about 1000 times, and the whole questionable plot of a slime that can somehow absorb God powers, what kind of stupidity is this, Glad is over.
did they not watch the tournament fights? vegeta had to transform into SSj to fight against the metal dude and friezas lookalike, and even against the newly turn SSJ little kid, this will give you some idea about Vegeta and Gokus Normal state power. no way Gotenks SSj3 loses to normal state vegeta or even SSj Vegeta.
daman246Jun 6, 2016 5:08 AM
Jun 6, 2016 5:43 AM

Feb 2016
daman246 said:
this whole filler made no sense, I mean since when was Normal State Vegeta stronger than SSj3 Gotenks? oi looks like the creators went ahead and gave vegeta a boost of about 1000 times, and the whole questionable plot of a slime that can somehow absorb God powers, what kind of stupidity is this, Glad is over.
did they not watch the tournament fights? vegeta had to transform into SSj to fight against the metal dude and friezas lookalike, and even against the newly turn SSJ little kid, this will give you some idea about Vegeta and Gokus Normal state power. no way Gotenks SSj3 loses to normal state vegeta or even SSj Vegeta.
Base Vegeta has been stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks ever since he acquired God ki.
He did have to go SSJ to fight Magetta but it was more due to the fact that he had no oxygen inside the barrier. And ofc Magetta was very strong.
Vegeta one punched "Frieza look alike" while he was holding back in SSJ.
Vegeta was obviously holding back against Kabe in order to help him grow. There's no argument about this. His punch as SSJ didn't even faze Vegeta at the end.

That said, I agree. This 3-episode arc was poorly written and executed. Moreover it was pointless.
Jun 6, 2016 6:31 AM

Apr 2013
I suppose this copy slime arc was mostly to bring back Gotenks to the audience, although it was quite a shame seeing how weak he fared against copy Vegeta. As well as bringing back the Goku vs Vegeta fight to us, which is, once again, underwhelming compared to Goku vs Majin Vegeta back then.

Jun 6, 2016 6:36 AM

Nov 2014
Trunks is not SSJ Blue, at least in the preview he isn't, and that's because once he goes super saiyan his hair is spiky and in his normal state his hair is well... normal.
Jun 6, 2016 10:45 AM

Apr 2014
Well, now we won't be able to know which one is stronger.
Monaka...haha Goku still think he is the strongest.
Future Trunks' world is in chaos once again....will he go back to the back again like with Cell?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Whats your expectations on the GRANOLAH THE SURVIVORS SAGA

HinduHabibi - 4 hours ago

4 by Irshiki »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.