Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 2, 2016 4:08 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Damn, this fight really dragging. Hisoka taking a loss at his leg as well...

Not dead yet but another cliffhanger. I have a feeling he might use another ability or something to save himself. Who knows.
Jun 2, 2016 4:41 AM

Mar 2012
Hisoka lost a leg, and I wonder if it's gonna get even more complex from here on out.

Mod Edit: Off-topic content removed, but please do not create threads before having read the chapter next time
MikasaJun 2, 2016 4:58 AM
End Zionazism
Jun 2, 2016 4:52 AM

Jul 2013
it seems to be over, next chapter will be the conclusion

i was rooting for Chrollo even though Hisoka was one of my favorite characters Chrollo just showing hes a methodical and systematic stone cold killer through and through

i really thought Hisoka would be floating around until the end of the series, i mean he could live but i just cant see anyway out
StefanHereJun 2, 2016 6:31 AM
Jun 2, 2016 4:58 AM

Jan 2013
Thread Cleaned

Removed off-topic posts.
Jun 2, 2016 4:59 AM

Jan 2009
yep raws are out btw, Hisoka lost a feet too lol those zombies can also use the sun and moon bombing technique
Jun 2, 2016 5:55 AM

Apr 2010
hisoka is probably dead with the last explosion
Jun 2, 2016 6:28 AM

Dec 2013
Hisoka's gonna launch a last suicide attack,as I expected both will die.
WhayleJun 2, 2016 6:35 AM
Jun 2, 2016 6:32 AM

Jan 2009
bye bye Hisoka, and some people said this chapter is released on Hisoka's birthday too
Jun 2, 2016 6:35 AM

Jan 2012
Nay, Hisoka will survive. He"s too stubborn to die and I don"t think Togashi have the guts to piss fans of by killing him of this way. I mean he"s like a main character to the series and all that...
How I love a game
Jun 2, 2016 6:41 AM

Aug 2014
"Well I guess... If I'm gonna... die anyway... that I might as well go Super Saiyan!" xD
Jun 2, 2016 6:42 AM

Jul 2015
Didn't see that coming!
Can't wait to see what Hisoka will do. Not sure if he will die. I believe Togashi won't kill any of them, at least for now.
Chrollo is really controlling the match. Hisoka could probably show us something that we've never seen, if he wants to have a chance.
Jun 2, 2016 6:43 AM

May 2007
Stark700 said:

Dragging? Really? C'mon now. It's only been like 3-4 chapters. That hardly qualifies as "dragging."
Jun 2, 2016 6:48 AM

Mar 2012
VK11 said:
Stark700 said:

Dragging? Really? C'mon now. It's only been like 3-4 chapters. That hardly qualifies as "dragging."

Different perspectives, not many people are able to keep up with the powers, so they're reading through something alien. I can understand them being overwhelmed.
End Zionazism
Jun 2, 2016 6:50 AM

Oct 2013
Damn. RIP Hisoka, your schwing going to be missed. :(
NapokJun 2, 2016 7:52 AM
Jun 2, 2016 6:51 AM

Aug 2010
Damn Hisoka just lost a foot and went "oh well" what a Boss. Now that he got blown up wonder how this'll go.

Anyway hiatus incoming. Togashi always starts to scribble more right b4 hiatuss
Jun 2, 2016 6:51 AM

Dec 2012
VK11 said:
Stark700 said:

It's been more than 100 pages/5 chapters for the fight. This being the 6th chapter.

It's dragging. More than half of it is just setup and explanations for Chrollo's power. Only significant thing to move it along was the last page of last chapter and this chapter.
Jun 2, 2016 6:53 AM

Aug 2014
Mikasa said:
VK11 said:

Different perspectives, not many people are able to keep up with the powers, so they're reading through something alien. I can understand them being overwhelmed.

This is why you go back and reread chapters.
Jun 2, 2016 6:54 AM

Mar 2012
MangaKing said:
Mikasa said:

No time, and it might not help them. I mean I'm pretty sure many here have no idea what happened during the DC build-up and decided to skip it altogether, may not be surprised if they did the same with this fight.
End Zionazism
Jun 2, 2016 6:56 AM
Sep 2015
tsudecimo said:
VK11 said:

It's been more than 100 pages/5 chapters for the fight. This being the 6th chapter.

It's dragging. More than half of it is just setup and explanations for Chrollo's power. Only significant thing to move it along was the last page of last chapter and this chapter.

People need to read Dressrosa Arc in OP to see what dragging really is
Jun 2, 2016 7:03 AM

Dec 2013
Mikasa said:
MangaKing said:

No time, and it might not help them. I mean I'm pretty sure many here have no idea what happened during the DC build-up and decided to skip it altogether, may not be surprised if they did the same with this fight.

then they have no rights to complain
Jun 2, 2016 7:07 AM

Mar 2012
Whayle said:
Mikasa said:

They do. Each fan has his own expectation of the fight, and some don't like how this fight being psychological or bizarre and prefer a more direct face-to-face brawl.
End Zionazism
Jun 2, 2016 7:19 AM

Dec 2013
Mikasa said:
Whayle said:

They do. Each fan has his own expectation of the fight, and some don't like how this fight being psychological or bizarre and prefer a more direct face-to-face brawl.

face to face would be too incoherent, Chrollo would get destroyed
Jun 2, 2016 7:20 AM

Dec 2014
Why do these badass HxH characters never show sighs of.... fear? Like the same happened with Netero as he died fighting Meruem. Chrollo as Kurapika threatened to kill him. Why? Why are these characters so fucking badass? Awesome chapter, even though I think this chapter would only take 2 minutes in the anime lol and same could be said about all the chapters except the one where Chrollo explained all of his abilities. If we have 2 more chapters of this fight, This might surpass Netero vs. Meruem in length in the animu.

Anyway, I'm curious as to what Hisoka meant by "If I'm going to die anyway.." Does he have something up his sleeve? I mean he has to but I wonder what it is. Hopefully Togashi does 100+ chapters and completes Dark Continent as well one more arc, I can dream right? XD
Thinking.....
Jun 2, 2016 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
well shit can he be bold enough to kill hisoka,i think he can,but not like this ,get him to the island damn it and wrap everything there
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

- The biggest challenge in life is being yourself… In a world trying to make you like everyone else
Jun 2, 2016 7:23 AM

Mar 2012
stickermans50 said:
Why do these badass HxH characters never show sighs of.... fear? Like the same happened with Netero as he died fighting Meruem. Chrollo as Kurapika threatened to kill him. Why? Why are these characters so fucking badass? Awesome chapter, even though I think this chapter would only take 2 minutes in the anime lol and same could be said about all the chapters except the one where Chrollo explained all of his abilities. If we have 2 more chapters of this fight, This might surpass Netero vs. Meruem in length in the animu.

Anyway, I'm curious as to what Hisoka meant by "If I'm going to die anyway.." Does he have something up his sleeve? I mean he has to but I wonder what it is. Hopefully Togashi does 100+ chapters and completes Dark Continent as well one more arc, I can dream right? XD

It's the opposite, I find it humanizing, that they do show fear, and pain, or shock, maybe not a fear of death itself, but you can see Hisoka's shocked face through the chapters, and when he's in pain, and also when he fought Kastro, his expression was at a point grim.

Whayle said:
Mikasa said:

Mikasa said:

face to face would be too incoherent, Chrollo would get destroyed

Yes but if they follow another manga format, like a shonen, they could both be blowing powers at each other before one of them falls. Some people find that more exciting.

Hisoka is only physically superior, but we don't know, maybe Chrollo's martial art skills are better, and so far he as a better arsenal of offensive nen powers.
End Zionazism
Jun 2, 2016 7:26 AM

Sep 2015
wow what an epic chapter one of my favorite hxh chapters so far
AlmurabitJun 2, 2016 7:30 AM
Jun 2, 2016 7:30 AM
Apr 2014
He's gonna try and drag Chrollo into the explosion with some secret bungee gum he layed next to/on him in a last dying effort isn't he.... I hope that's not the case.
I was on Team Chrollo because he was the underdog and everyone was rooting for Hisoka in this fight but now I kinda feel bad for the clown.
I think Chrollo will end up sparing him somehow.
Jun 2, 2016 7:30 AM

Dec 2014
Mikasa said:
It's the opposite, I find it humanizing, that they do show fear, and pain, or shock, maybe not a fear of death itself, but you can see Hisoka's shocked face through the chapters, and when he's in pain, and also when he fought Kastro, his expression was at a point grim.
Of course they do! I meant as in they don't show it too much, or even if they do it's in a way that they still don't lose their cool. I still remember that face Netero made when he first released Zero Hand didn't do shit to Meruem lol HxH's characters are one of the most realistic, well-written and well-developed characters.
Thinking.....
Jun 2, 2016 7:34 AM
May 2013
lost his left hand and his right leg , i'v never seen Hisoka so cornered , judging by the last page of the chapter it seem like he is gonna try one last suicide attack probably by using bungee gum to attach a lot of puppet with him at center and try to move himself as close a he can to Chrollo in order to catch him in the explosion .
Jun 2, 2016 7:36 AM

Aug 2014
Mikasa said:
Whayle said:

If fans don't like this fight for it being psychological then I wonder how they even made it this far to begin with. Also, no one should be surprised since Chrollo isn't a very direct fighter.

stickermans50 said:

Because they're hunters.
MangaKingJun 2, 2016 7:39 AM
Jun 2, 2016 7:38 AM

Mar 2012
Drake1000 said:
He's gonna try and drag Chrollo into the explosion with some secret bungee gum he layed next to/on him in a last dying effort isn't he.... I hope that's not the case.
I was on Team Chrollo because he was the underdog and everyone was rooting for Hisoka in this fight but now I kinda feel bad for the clown.
I think Chrollo will end up sparing him somehow.

Is there any reason new Chrollo isn't another disguised puppet?

Hisoka's possible tricks:

1) Bungie gum between a plus and a minus seal, being able to detonate a bomb by himself
2) Using texture surprise to manipulate how the seals look, maybe change a plus and a minus, where Chrollo thinks those puppets are safe because both have the same apparent sign, when they don't, and he uses Bungie Gum to set them off.
3) Far-fetched, but Hisoka has one antenna, he could attach it to a puppet, and erase the puppet's stamp via Texture Surprise, making Chrollo try controlling the puppet via Black Voice.

Whatever it is, the two seal powers seem like the very thing Texture Surprise would be able to take care of.
End Zionazism
Jun 2, 2016 7:42 AM

Dec 2014
MangaKing said:
Because they're hunters.
Lol. Agreed, Chrollo isn't a Hunter though.. I don't think so.
Thinking.....
Jun 2, 2016 7:46 AM

Jan 2011
great chapter.
chrollo: "style is important in a game, right. more than the outcome"
Chrollo is so badass and cold he's not even sweating

Chrollo: "all abilities have strenghts and weaknesses. people compensate by getting creative. they may keep their abilities secret.... or pick their battles carefully and fight as a team for example. In adition I can accrue more abilities as I need them. and then I wait until the conditions for a sure victory... can be met...."

this fight is pretty interesting.
cronosteso23Jun 2, 2016 7:51 AM
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Jun 2, 2016 7:54 AM

Mar 2009
Togashi usually has a way of surprising us, so maybe this won't be the end for Hisoka after all? But it's not looking good.
Jun 2, 2016 7:58 AM
Apr 2014
I think Hisoka is dead for sure. He admitted this himself, and I can't see Chrollo sparing him, seeing as to how the entire reason Chrollo took this fight was to get Hisoka off his back.

Seems like Hisoka has a plan, though. Based on his statement, "Well, if I'm gonna die anyway..." it must be a suicide attack. In other words, it's something that would kill him even if the puppets don't kill him with their explosions.
Jun 2, 2016 8:09 AM

May 2013
Damn good chapter, my man Chrollo isn't disappointing. I can't wait for the next chapter!
SaSa-ZoldyckJun 2, 2016 8:13 AM
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jun 2, 2016 8:09 AM
Jan 2014
Couple of replies towards other comments in the thread:

1- I'm absolutely loving this fight. It's a breath of fresh air to not have to see the typical fight scene in a big time shonen (thinking of bleach and naruto), where the same formula is used over and over again leading to repetitive, mundane battles that are utterly predictable and without sense ( ok I'm exaggerating, I love me some brawls too :)

*Bad uses move*
*Good guy uses move*
*one of them is at a disadvantage and unleashes a transformation or technique that puts them on top*
*with unleashed new technique/transformation, beats on opponent*
*at last minute opponent unleashes a new transformation/move, which puts them on top*
Rinse and repeat... (at least for Bleach any ways)

Don't get me wrong; I like a good ol' fashioned straight up brawl as much as the next person, but I would have been disappointed if this fight was only a brawl, with Chrollo spamming random moves from the book with no rhyme or reason.

What we're seeing here is a battle between two of the most cunning characters in the series, with Chrollo having layers and layers to his strategy, combining acquired moves in an ingenious way, and playing head games with Hisoka. From Hisoka's PoV, we see a fighting genius with fantastic analytical capabilities in battle.

I do understand that reading through these chapters can be a bit of a pain, and the strategy does involve combining several abilities in a very complex way (it is confusing), but once you get through it, it's really one of the most well thought-out fights I've seen in a manga. I really hope to see it animated some day.
Though I completely understand some people being a bit turned off bit; it's understandable.

2- I'm not quite sure that Chrollo would lose 1v1 to Hisoka in a space with no other people. Just because Chrollo chose to fight this way here, doesn't necessarily mean he HAD to do so. It's quite possible that he wanted to break Hisoka down psychologically, beat him, and watch him fail miserably in the face of his strategy; it wouldn't surprise me.

Remember that Chrollo willingly engaged in a 1v2 battle in an enclosed room with two members of the Zoldyck family. Not only that, but he went into the battle holding back in order to STEAL their powers. Although he had no prior knowledge of Zeno, he had confronted Silva before, so he knew they would be no walk in the park.
Jun 2, 2016 8:12 AM
Jan 2014
Also, it's no surprise that the characters we're talking about don't display fear or terror; we're not only talking about any regular hunters, we're talking about the top of the top. They are in their positions for a reason.
Jun 2, 2016 8:30 AM
Apr 2014
Yeah, anyone who is afraid of death/pain in battle would never have reached the upper echelons of nen users to begin with. They would've quit years ago (e.g. the people who quit at various stages of the hunter exam), or been killed due to the fact that their strategies were hampered by fear (e.g. Killua had to remove the needle from his head to continue to improve as a fighter).

Also, in terms of Hisoka's suicide attack, I think two things are important...

1) Hisoka tore the head off of a puppet, and Togashi took special care to keep drawing the head attached to Hisoka's right hand.
2) Chrollo finally revealed himself (probably thinking the fight is completely over), and Hisoka saw him.

Based on this evidence, I think it's likely that Hisoka is going to attack Chrollo using the head somehow. If I had to guess, though, I'd say the attack won't kill Chrollo, because killing both of these characters is a total waste. It could be somewhere in between scaring Chrollo into thinking he might die, or permanently scarring Chrollo.
CourtheadJun 2, 2016 8:48 AM
Jun 2, 2016 8:50 AM

Jul 2013
Really good fight.
Hisoka should have one last trick before the end.
Chrollo is impressive, and he only used a few of his abilities.
Jun 2, 2016 8:54 AM
Jan 2016
definitely one of the most intense chapters of this fight
Jun 2, 2016 9:33 AM

Jan 2015
Hopefully next week is the last chapter for this fight, don't see how Hisoka can die at this point but Togashi may say fuck it so who knows.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 2, 2016 9:36 AM
Sep 2015
stickermans50 said:

Just let the last Arc be a Phatom troupe and I'll be okay with that or just them fighting some ultimate being in the DC with all Three Freccess fighting it
Jun 2, 2016 9:37 AM
Sep 2015
Hisoka will have a ultimate move and probably just severely injury chrollo
And Hisoka will probably die or be close and then the match ends some how
Jun 2, 2016 9:56 AM

Dec 2012
Ging or Pariston will appear?
Jun 2, 2016 10:00 AM
Jun 2016
What page is the mysterious 3rd party on??
Jun 2, 2016 10:08 AM
Jan 2014
hunteralchemist said:

What 3rd party are you referring to?
Jun 2, 2016 10:09 AM
May 2016
Man I'm dissapointed in this fight. Chrollo is absolutely dominating Hisoka.

To me it's unbelievable that Chrollo is able to make so many puppets, while each one is still a danger to hisoka.

Just doesnt make sense to me.
These puppets should be about as strong as a muggle, which shouldnt even be able to scratch hisokas skin from what we learned about Nen.

Also I agree this fight is really dragging. He should do the explaining afterwards, like he did with alot of previous fights. Having to read and think so much just takes the tempo out of the fight and gets anticlimatic.
Jun 2, 2016 10:18 AM
Jun 2016
asmodeyjm said:
hunteralchemist said:

What 3rd party are you referring to?

I was reading a review on the internet and it said that there might be a possible third party watching from behind the scenes. I was pretty confused because I didn't see any lurking shadows or indicators of another contender.
Jun 2, 2016 10:23 AM
Dec 2013
Wow, what a chapter! Hisoka lost a leg now too and has come to think that he's gonna die. Wonder what the outcome will be in the next chapter, after all these puppets came running toward him and exploding.

4 more chapters and Hunter x Hunter will get a volume 34! O: Assuming that there's no hiatus in the near future.

Also, 4 more chapters and this arc will be longer than the Heavens Arena arc. 5 more chapters and it'll be longer than the Election arc.
wildhoodJun 2, 2016 10:29 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.