Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 1, 2008 4:11 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was a good ep. A nice revelation concerning Eureka and Holland, didnt see that coming.

Really wish they'd introduce what's going on with the global situation sooner, but dont mind the vague outline too much at the moment. At least information is slowly being fed to the viewer. Military = bad. Nothing new there, I guess.

Why did there have to be 3 kids!? Why not just 1!? Man...
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Mar 1, 2008 4:17 PM

Nov 2007
Cihan said:

Think it's a homage to Mobile Suit Gundam (the original), same situation with three orphaned kids.
Mar 1, 2008 4:30 PM

Jan 2008
Astaroth said:
Think it's a homage to Mobile Suit Gundam (the original), same situation with three orphaned kids.

Aha, thanks for that bit of trivia. I've yet to watch a single Gundam, so that homage went above my head. Though I plan on watching every single Gundam show, starting at some point this summer...
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Mar 1, 2008 4:37 PM

Nov 2007
I thought it was because the creators of the show hate us. D:

Worst kids ever. Seriously.
Mar 1, 2008 4:43 PM

Jan 2008
kasumisama said:

Agreed, loved the series but their part near the end was almost unbearable.
Mar 2, 2008 8:24 PM

Nov 2007
Gnome said:

Why they decided for there to be 3 kids instead of 1 or 2 is beyond me.

homage to Mobile Suit Gundam as I stated like 4 posts up :x
Apr 8, 2008 7:30 AM

Jan 2008
Just thought I'd give a small update to the 3 kids discussion. I'm watching the original Mobile Suit Gundam and yes there are three kids, a girl and two dudes, one black. The MSG kids kick the shit out of the Eureka Seven gang. The 70's kids arent annoying at all, they just appear here and there randomly doing their cute "we're kids, we want to help!" thing.
Jul 23, 2008 4:24 AM

Jan 2008
Yeah, the kids here are really irritating >__>

This was a great episode, the background on Eureka and Holland was really unexpected :O
Oct 9, 2008 11:49 AM

Nov 2007
Eurika IS older than she looks=/. A soldier of the military(top class, too) several years ago?
Yet, she has no class whatsoever. The guy told her he loves her from the start, she's just using him to make her toy happy.
Nov 14, 2008 7:45 PM

Jun 2008
very nice revelation episode

mmmm enjoying the hate above posters have for these kids. man they suck.

Nov 27, 2008 9:29 PM

Oct 2007
maxcherry715 said:
kasumisama said:

Agreed, loved the series but their part near the end was almost unbearable.

ah nuts. so the kids don't improve later, i guess. gotta agree with the crowd here. definitely the worst bunch of anime kids I remember seeing. totally not cute and annoying to boot.
Jan 14, 2009 12:24 PM

Feb 2008
I guess I don't understand how Holland is thinking *at all*. First, why did he get so angry at Renton, and second, what about Renton's behaviour made Holland turn 180 degrees and make him a full member of the crew?
Feb 2, 2009 12:44 PM

Jun 2008
MaiZorbescu said:
Eurika IS older than she looks=/. A soldier of the military(top class, too) several years ago?
Yet, she has no class whatsoever. The guy told her he loves her from the start, she's just using him to make her toy happy.

Yeah when she said that to him I was expecting him to break down and realize shes been using him, but he didnt...

Jun 4, 2009 10:33 PM

Jan 2009
I couldn't help but get a FMA vibe from this ep...

Eureka being a "dog of the military" and having to destroy the Vodarek people is very similar to the religion vs military situation in FMA when the military alchemists destroy Ishbal.

Jun 9, 2009 4:22 PM

Jun 2009
I am utterly disappointed to see that the kid's don't improve, they are so annoying!
Especially Linck! I hate that brat so much!

Maurice is the only one which I actually like, but that's because he's the only one which actually looks cute and the one who cries over nothing less.

And the Nirvash moved by himself =D
Jul 4, 2009 6:52 PM

Jul 2009
hm,nice ep,i have no opinion about the kids being stupid or not,but i like Maurice,he seems just better,wasnt expecting Eureka being on the military tho.
Jul 24, 2009 8:58 PM

May 2008
kasumisama said:

yeah seriously, like I said last time the black kid is the most annoying being in the universe.

Amazing episode, when the Nirvash moved on its own I was like OOOHH SNAAAP
Aug 21, 2009 3:21 PM
May 2008
While I agree with pretty much everyone else about how annoying the kids are, from a rational standpoint, it's pretty realistic. I've seen all kinds of anime where kids as young as 5 show more maturity than the adults, so it was a refreshing, albeit slightly irritating change to have the kids actually act like...well, kids.

Pandaman0529 said:
MaiZorbescu said:

Yeah when she said that to him I was expecting him to break down and realize shes been using him, but he didnt...

I was overwhelmingly disappointed at that scene. It seemed like he was going to lash out at her but he didn't. Preteen love can be annoying sometimes.
Feb 6, 2010 11:05 PM
Jul 2009
I'm confused as to where the hole in the Nirvash came from.Could anyone shed some light on this subject?
Sep 3, 2010 9:39 AM
Jan 2009
calaveth said:
I guess I don't understand how Holland is thinking *at all*. First, why did he get so angry at Renton, and second, what about Renton's behaviour made Holland turn 180 degrees and make him a full member of the crew?

Um, it's because Renton was liek "LETS RIDE WAVES HERE" when Holland had very bad memories related to that place, I know Renton didn't know that, but still, I understand why Holland got pissed..
Holland probably made him a full member of the crew because he realized he was being a douche.
Sep 19, 2010 1:38 AM

Mar 2009
Yay!, now he's not the trainee/or rookie anymore. He's an "Official Member" of the Gekko State.
Also, Holland took it over the top when he punched Renton twice., lol but oh well.

Nov 24, 2010 9:07 PM

May 2009
And the Nirvash moved by himself =D

Holy crap, it's EVA-01!

Re the hole: I don't get it either.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Mar 5, 2011 2:20 PM
Jul 2010
Renton puts Eureka's kids on a battlefield, and she warms up to him. Eureka reveals she's a murderer who should be tried for very serious war crimes, and Renton instantly forgives her. Oh, and Holland goes from bitch-slapping Renton for wanting to ride waves, to promoting him for disobeying protocol.

No one in this show reacts how they should.
Sep 17, 2011 12:09 AM

Aug 2010
I liked this episode. Eureka's past was shown and lol she doesn't look like she's changed that much physically. I wonder how old she really is.

I also think Holland went overboard with punching Renton twice. Holland should of known Renton was oblivious to what happened in that city.
Jan 29, 2012 12:23 AM

Feb 2010
Luthimal said:
Renton puts Eureka's kids on a battlefield, and she warms up to him. Eureka reveals she's a murderer who should be tried for very serious war crimes, and Renton instantly forgives her. Oh, and Holland goes from bitch-slapping Renton for wanting to ride waves, to promoting him for disobeying protocol.

No one in this show reacts how they should.

Word. It doesn't help that the series so far is just. So. Boring.

The mecha genre, being an already outrageous concept, has the liberty doing whatever the hell it wants. Yet I feel Eureka 7's writers take the story too seriously. The result? Revelations such as those in this episode come off as 100% cheesy. Back to fast forwarding through eps in hopes of stuff happening.

hellogoodbyeJan 29, 2012 2:14 AM
Feb 8, 2012 9:09 AM

Dec 2009
Oh Holland went from a freaking asshole to a cool guy in the end :)

I liked the episode and I agree with ColdBeans, this episode give me the FMA vibes. Which is always a good thing.
Apr 15, 2012 7:26 PM

May 2011
That was a very nice ep. I miss this anime so much. ^^
Apr 16, 2012 10:26 PM

Jan 2011
The pacing was just a little too quick to get the full emotional impact of the revelations. I didn't find a problem with the tmeline--Eureka was obviously a child soldier at the time.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 15, 2012 8:28 AM
Jan 2010
our military is nice
Sep 10, 2012 9:16 PM
Feb 2008
I expected Eurkea to be some weird government experiment or something but I didn't think the whole crew would be former military. Maybe there's still time for that though. Renton got over that stuff pretty quick then again he probably doesn't give a shit cause he wants to wife Eureka up.
Oct 16, 2012 6:39 PM
Mar 2012
Whoaaaaaaa wait a sec.. isnt Eureka a preteen? SO how was she a soldier back then?? I just simply don't get it. ALso I find linck so anoying
Oct 17, 2012 11:55 AM

Jul 2012
That's some damn dark past Eureka and Holland have...
Seriously fucked up :C
Nov 17, 2012 2:04 PM

Sep 2010
So Eureka and Holland used to work for the military and killed innocent civillians in the place they visited. I wonder why the kids love Eureka after they saw what she did in front of them?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 5, 2013 9:51 PM

Jan 2013
A very good episode
Apr 8, 2013 1:31 PM
Apr 2012
RyuRobin said:
calaveth said:

Um, it's because Renton was liek "LETS RIDE WAVES HERE" when Holland had very bad memories related to that place, I know Renton didn't know that, but still, I understand why Holland got pissed..
Holland probably made him a full member of the crew because he realized he was being a douche.

It obvious you didn't quite understand yourself what and why it happened.
First of all Renton wasn't a 'douche', he had no idea what happened there and how Holland was linked to it. So calling him a douche for that makes you... well.. a douche. Secondly I also understand why Holland would get pissed but not why he would punch a 14 year old KID for something he is unaware of TWICE. That makes Holland a douche as well, as you put it so nicely.
Lastly oviously Holland wouldn't make him a crew member for just realizing he was a douche (which he wasn't in the first place). The reason Renton was made an official member is because he now knew that Renton wasn't only coming along with Gekkostate because he thought they were the coolest people ever and his idols. Renton learned about what they did in the past and their 'mission' but still decided to fight along side them.
That's what made him to a full-fledged member.

I liked this episode as it progressed the plot well and gave us some long awaited background information. Hope we will get some more soon though.
Morani90Apr 8, 2013 1:42 PM
Jun 13, 2013 2:13 AM

Jan 2012
Poor Holland, he really needs a hug.

Jul 9, 2013 6:23 PM

Sep 2012
very nice seeing Renton fiiiiiinally get a room, haha and being apart of
the gekko squad, great episode
Jul 22, 2013 12:58 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Roloko said:
So Eureka and Holland used to work for the military and killed innocent civillians in the place they visited. I wonder why the kids love Eureka after they saw what she did in front of them?

Nice learning about their past, and I too wonder why the kids would call her their mother after that. I guess they eventually warmed up to her since she wasn't going to kill them.

And wow, Holland. Can't believe he hit Renton twice. Once was enough, and he really should've just given Renton an explanation, at least a lie or something if he didn't want to tell Renton what he did in the past. And Moondoggie was there also =_= poor Renton getting beat up all the time. Well at least Holland realized that he was wrong and felt bad about it. Yay for Renton finally getting a room ^^
Jun 22, 2014 2:25 AM

Jun 2012
lol they had a room the whole time, figured the junk and clothes were more important than him.

Jul 18, 2014 5:55 AM

Aug 2013
Holland punched Renton when he had nothing to do with it.
Eureka was using Renton until now.
Renton wasn't an official member and his room was used as a storage all this while.
In the end, Renton was just pushed around like a toy by all of them. LOL
I will never see the day when Renton fight for himself for once. How sad.
Jul 19, 2014 10:46 PM

Aug 2013
I didn't expect Gekkostate used to be part of the military. I thought they were just the typical anti-government group :o Still, Eureka annihilated those people like it was nothing. Scary.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 18, 2014 11:55 AM

May 2012
Pretty dramatic backstory if you ask me, now we know as well where those kids come from. Pretty nice episode in general but well let's see what's next!
Dec 4, 2014 5:51 PM

Aug 2013
As soon as I saw the city in ruin and Holland/Talho bitterness, I just knew that they were rebel soldiers. They do look like some ex-soldiers after all, they are too well equiped and trained to be some poor anti-governamental group.

It's pretty awful what they did, shooting on civil raising the white flag... And now that we know where the children went from, I feel kinda bad for all I said on them :/
Wonder what's that mission they are on to bring salvation upon them. So far, all they did was trying to earn money from there and there, they haven't done any big attack on the government. But from that preview, I guess they'll have a reason to get into action next episode.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 5, 2015 12:23 PM

Jul 2014
Damn what a dark turn for the show. Glad we got a proper backstory concerning the Gekkostate.
Rolex said:
Cihan said:

I kinda thought the homage was obvious but I guess not everyone is up to speed with Gundam.
Apr 19, 2015 7:53 PM

Aug 2014
Just how old is Eureka if she was a soilder years ago? I also don't understand Hooland's actions when he got mad and punched the MC at the start.
Jun 4, 2015 6:47 PM

Nov 2010
What a cruel episode that was.
Jun 27, 2015 4:26 PM
Apr 2014
Just wanted to point out why Holland punches Renton. Yes, he is upset because Renton is being carefree, but that's not what makes him snap. It's Renton's words. Renton says he's glad that what put the city in ruins took place. Basically he said he was glad Holland got there and killed all those people, he was glad for the nightmare that is haunting him. Yep, he did it unwittingly, but still it wasn't the most proper thing to say in a situation like that.

Also about Eureka, I don't think the backstory took place that long ago, judging from the kids' age.
Dec 8, 2015 8:33 AM

Nov 2012
Glad that Gekko have accepted Renton as its member.
But what's up with talking to machines? It might be some concept I'm not able to fully understand, it just seems so... silly?
Jul 31, 2016 10:17 PM

Jun 2016
Wow, and I thought the characters in this show were unappealing before this episode..
Nov 13, 2016 7:34 PM

Sep 2015
Why he hit him anyways?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.