Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 6, 2016 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh some more background storytelling.

I still find the episode strange as hell though with the giant wasp and other shenanigans. Poor Nyanta. Seriously though, this show is just crazy and comedy gold the same time, not even sure if it's intentional at times now. And no wonder Lovepon has a borderline insane personality. Lol, this episode made me laugh.

May 6, 2016 8:18 AM

Jul 2015
Hellfire confirmed for the most tragic character in the series. I'm still trying to process what I just watched.
May 6, 2016 9:12 AM

Jun 2009
I have the feeling I just watched an unintentional abridged version of about 5 episodes worth of Mayoiga...and not in a good way.
How they just jumped from one backstory to the next seriously killed the mood for me. Especially because they didn't bother to give any setups or contrast images, instead they immediately went for the dark stuff.
Jigoku-kun had almost the best flashback, since we could at least imagine how his progress went about. Though giving me about 3 minutes to process "loves military > is one cm too small >gets implants >sees implant-crab monster" was a little much...

I also didn't quite get why lovepon immediately went towards "execution" as her mode of release. Did she even TRY to talk to anybody?! One neighbour closing the door on her doesn't really equal social abandonment on a level that requires her to become a sociopath...

And by the way...Masaki is a ghost...maybe...because Koharun did research on her, without ever announcing that she planned anything like that or had doubts on her...
Here I felt like I had missed an entire episode...
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
May 6, 2016 9:23 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh some more background storytelling.

I still find the episode strange as hell though with the giant wasp and other shenanigans. Poor Nyanta. Seriously though, this show is just crazy and comedy gold the same time, not even sure if it's intentional at times now. And no wonder Lovepon has a borderline insane personality. Lol, this episode made me laugh.

This made me laugh a lot lol

I kinda felt bad Lovepon and Nyanta, but other than that, everyone else's fears were hialrious and the silicon thing looked so fucking weird xD

And I knew that something was up with Misaki
TokoyaMay 6, 2016 11:11 PM
May 6, 2016 9:28 AM

Dec 2014
Eh...not sure if this anime is comedy or mystery now...lolz
May 6, 2016 9:48 AM

Aug 2010
Holy shit never thought they'd do all these flashbacks in one ep
Whoever thought of this idea is insane...

I did kinda feel bad for Lovepon and Nya-chan kinda F'd up
All Lovepon said this ep was SHokei tho...

Masaki mystery intensifies!!....I want more Koharun creepy song
May 6, 2016 12:17 PM

Jul 2015
I don't think having all of these flashbacks in one ep was a good idea. I get that it's trying to show what they are scared of so they can explain why whatever it is that's chasing them is shaped the way it is... but it felt messy. (Fucking weird sentence lol)
May 6, 2016 1:12 PM

Jan 2015
Was the staff on drugs while they were animating the series?

In any case, it was not a bad episode. Nyanta's backstory was just...sad...
XenocrisiMay 6, 2016 1:15 PM
May 6, 2016 2:06 PM

Dec 2012
Whether Masaki is a ghost or not doesn't explain why they hallucinate. Moreover, Masaki had been similarly shaken before Mitsumune found her in the woods and the creature he saw then wasn't "Tokimune").

Koharun's obsession with the village becomes alarming.
May 6, 2016 4:36 PM

Mar 2014
Can't wait for subs!

Meanwhile, to help yall remember these guys names, yes this is me rapping

"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
May 6, 2016 4:43 PM

Sep 2011
I've been trying my best to take this show seriously for the past 5 episodes, but I finally broke out in laughter when I saw Koharun just run past Dahara's hug just so she could talk to Valkana.
May 6, 2016 6:59 PM

Jan 2015
Me:There's no way this show can get worse right?

Mayoiga:Challenge accepted!
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 6, 2016 7:00 PM

Feb 2015
Feel bad for Lovepon, but that said, I still want her to bite the dust. Her and her execution shtick has gone on long enough.

I'm just waiting for the lovely dovey couple to turn on each and kill each other when they see the monster.
May 6, 2016 7:07 PM

Jun 2014
THE FUCKING BOOB MONSTER LMAOOOOO I CAN'T, surprised it wasn't censored though

I don't really know how putting silicone in your head would make you a better soldier exactly though, that part kind of confused me.

Predicted Lovepon's backstory though, pretty obvious she was the victim of some kind of abuse. Masaki being the cause of the events was way too obvious though, same with the monsters being projected from their minds. Still enjoyable with all the tragic backstories crammed into 20 minutes.
May 6, 2016 7:08 PM

Sep 2011
Idek what to say anymore. None of the characters are likeable still. Not to mention these backstories, at least for some, were laughable—by laughable, I mean how it's scaring them to such an extent—mainly the guy that uses the bb gun lmao.

Good backstories were the Buddha guy and bullying one though.
May 6, 2016 7:09 PM

Mar 2014
This kinda hit home .

the struggles these people faced and how down on their luck they all were,it's heart breaking.

seeing love pon fall apart because of her home situation reminds me of what home is like for me sometimes- it's never this bad, but just how she breaks apart hits home.

Mikage being put through so much shame was heart breaking too. Poor guy . . .he brought it on himself due to his arrogance but the consequences he faced were still sad.

HOLY SHIT CAN I JUST HUG NYANTA, That shit is so fucked up. This is what bullies are really like and how nasty they can be. The feelings these bitches gave me, felt like I was the one being bullied.

Damn, Jigoku (Military guy) has some dedication, much respect.

You know what, Love pon, come here, I'll hug you too, You just cut that Shokei nonsense up!

Masaki may be a ghost now? hmm not surprised as much as I should be i guess . . . wonder where this will go

On a funnier note

Yeah, make him your bitch!
StardustNyakoMay 6, 2016 7:31 PM
May 6, 2016 7:11 PM

Jan 2014
So....That was random even for Mayoiga's standarts...RANDOM is the word i will remember Mayoiga with...

This episode would be good in fact,if it wasnt random as usual that is...It showed so many different backstories that it lost the effect it supposed to have...They made a mistake,they should have started backstories after they killed half of the characters first...

And i have 2 questions:
1-How frickin long does it take to realise that frickin GIANT SILICON OPPAI is not real and it is NOT hurting you ?_?
2-Why best girl Lovepon keep screaming "execution" instead of "die" or "get lost" or "disappear" or something less spesific?_?
LoneWizzyMay 6, 2016 7:19 PM
May 6, 2016 7:21 PM

Jan 2012
Four backstories this week as we get confirmation on whatever this being is shape shifting into something you fear or at least repress. God help me but Lovepon's backstory really made me sympathize with her. Ditto bee girl. People can be such fucks. :( The boob monster was pretty hilarious though. XD I'm pretty surprised none of the three were actually killed though, but what about train dude? I can't help but think of Stephen King's IT, which also took many forms. I'm not surprised by that end Masaki reveal, but is it really as simple as her being a ghost, or is there more?
May 6, 2016 7:25 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Too... many... flashbacks...
I couldn't help but laugh at those backstory, and laugh even more when they were running away from their fears... literally xD

2/5
May 6, 2016 7:27 PM

Mar 2014
if Masaki is a ghost how could she have puked on the bus driver kun?

Ghosts can't do that! That's the whole point of being a ghost XP
May 6, 2016 7:27 PM

Dec 2014
The best part of this show was the constant not knowing what's going on but this episode had no mystery. It was just showing us weird stuff and hoping I'd care about it. I didn't at all so that made this episode a pretty big let down for an already underwhelming anime.
May 6, 2016 7:33 PM

Mar 2014
Still a better trainwreck than Charlotte.
May 6, 2016 7:43 PM

Feb 2015
Tragic backstories were inevitable with this setup. The idea of wanting a new life sort of begs some exploration of the characters' previous living conditions. Still, it was far too comical and exaggerated. The bee chase reminded me of this
May 6, 2016 7:44 PM

Jun 2014
I seriously thought I was tripping the fuck out when watching this episode, especially when the giant silicone boob monster thing showed up. Like others have stated already, the backstories would have had a better effect if they weren't all crammed into this episode, and if we didn't randomly jump from one to the next. Well at least we got confirmation that these hallucinations are repressed memories, and it looks like Masaki is a ghost. It's pretty obvious that the "young girl and the monster" that Koharun referred to are Masaki and Mitsumune.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 6, 2016 7:49 PM
Aug 2014
Today, in another episode of Mayoiga: The LOST Village...

Come on the writer is a fan of JJ Abrams, gotta be.
May 6, 2016 7:51 PM

Sep 2011
StardustNyako said:
if Masaki is a ghost how could she have puked on the bus driver kun?

Ghosts can't do that! That's the whole point of being a ghost XP

Bad writing, that's how.

This series gets more and more ridiculous every week, and not in a good way. I'd drop if it weren't so far into the series already. Might as well just suck it up and finish it.
May 6, 2016 7:57 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Boob Monster = bad episode unless it is ecchi related
This comedy is almost becoming the monster I am afraid to face each week. 6/10
May 6, 2016 7:59 PM
Sep 2014
Catalyze said:
Boob Monster = bad episode unless it is ecchi related
This comedy is almost becoming the monster I am afraid to face each week. 6/10

I don't know about that because I was laughing my ass off when that thing appeared on the screen.
May 6, 2016 8:02 PM
Sep 2015
Jigoku no Gouka is a cute character!!! :)

and btw the cliff hanged that I experience last week is not worth it for today's episode. They are some random flashbacks... But maybe the main idea for this episode is they keep seeing monsters inside their heart.

But it's kinda boring..
May 6, 2016 8:03 PM

Aug 2008
Masaki being a ghost is probably a red herring.
May 6, 2016 8:04 PM
Sep 2015
cant this be a 24-episode anime... It's worth it if this will have a slow pacing. Because right now it is too slow even if it is halfway (12)
May 6, 2016 8:06 PM

Oct 2013
This was the obligatory flashback episode lol. The quick pacing of the story telling was a little sloppy (no surprise tho, it is 12 episodes after all), but at least I felt like I learned something. At least Lovepon and Nyantan(wtf is her name anyways...???) actually had a sad past.

Of course they conclude Masaki is a ghost lmao. So far the conclusions they draw are all over the place lol. Next week maybe (hopefully) some of this mess will begin to be better explained. Maybe by the end of this, the ending will be one of those "the answer was right there all along" sort of things, but I think being that hopeful is giving this show just a little too much credit lmfao.

3/5
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
May 6, 2016 8:06 PM

Mar 2016
Jerkhov said:
I don't really know how putting silicone in your head would make you a better soldier exactly though, that part kind of confused me.

I think it was that he was too short to join the rangers so he got the implant to make himself tall enough to meet regulations. Though I don't get why he wasn't accepted?
May 6, 2016 8:08 PM
Sep 2015
so basing for today's episode lovepon is just an all-talk girl about execution... Maybe for someday, it will revealed if she killed that priest. ha ha.

at first i was scared at Nyanta (basing on the first episode) i thought she will randomly kill some characters here. lol worst flashback.
May 6, 2016 8:15 PM

Dec 2014
That was rather underwhelming.
May 6, 2016 8:17 PM

Mar 2016
Jerkhov said:
THE FUCKING BOOB MONSTER LMAOOOOO I CAN'T, surprised it wasn't censored though

Wait the silicone was put in his head?! :O

Oh, and please tell me I'm not the only one who laughed when hearing the word "oppai". Spending too long time being an anime trash makes you not be able to take that word seriously anymore.

I don't know what's happening anymore xD
No seriously.
May 6, 2016 8:18 PM

May 2016
I like how Nyanta had a bullying background instead of the generic 'has-a-bee-allergy-so-is-afraid-of-bees' background (which would have made a TON more sense).
May 6, 2016 8:20 PM

Jun 2015
This is why i love this anime. All these characters wanted to start a new life. But their fears are coming back to them. To all the people writing this off as laughable are probably just pricks who have easy lives and arent even the slightest bit sympathetic towards others. Not everyone has it good in life. Things like what happen to these characters are relatable to many people. Abuse, bullying, failing to reach a goal you worked so hard for, and letting everyone down and getting ridiculed for it. People have been saying Lovepon is annoying but she has a very logical reason for the being the way she is. Simply growing up in that type of environment can make you turn out fucked up. The way the story is relating back to the idea that was told from the start while advancing the actual plot is great. And while everyone is saying this is comedy, i dont agree. It has some dark humor in it and can be funny at times but its mostly sarcastic humor and random jokes thrown in at random. Im not sure about you but this is how most people i have ever met in my life has conversations. Just have random humor thrown in. Its not like they are taking time off to have a joke contest so its not actually an issue. I can easily say this is my second favorite of the season. Its so strange, so unique, so intriging, and overall makes it brilliant
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
May 6, 2016 8:26 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Uhh....I don't know what to say about this episode, except this anime is getting more uninteresting as time passes.

The relationship between Koharun, Valkana, and the male tour guide is the most interesting thing to see in this anime. I hope the male tour guide would go yandere to make things more lively

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 6, 2016 8:27 PM

Mar 2014
???????

MARI OKADA YOU ON DRUGS

???????
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 6, 2016 8:31 PM

Dec 2014
Decent episode. They did cram too many flashbacks into a single episode, If they were doing this they should have moved after completing one completely rather than switching between each one.

All the characters running away from those hallucinations didn't really have a stromg impact to me but the backstories did add some well needed characterization to some characters.

Lovepon's story was pretty sad, At least we know where her crazy side comes from.
Nyanta's was just terrifying, After something like that one would definitely be scared of bees.
Too bad Jigoku-kun couldn't get into the millitary, That boob monster looked horrid though XD

I really like Koharun singing, Hope she does it more often xD

The truth behind Masaki is pretty intriguing.
May 6, 2016 8:31 PM

Jul 2009
Lovepon is still annoying af. Can't stand her regardless of her background.

and why are they assuming some Masaki from a newspaper is this Masaki? They're all going under pennames so it doesn't have to be her, as if Masaki is such a rare name or something. Also is it so odd or suspicious that she went missing? Technically all of them will be reported as "missing" too since they just dropped their ordinary lives to go to this village.
morisuke said:
Jerkhov said:
I think it was that he was too short to join the rangers so he got the implant to make himself tall enough to meet regulations. Though I don't get why he wasn't accepted?

Yea the implants was to make him taller. But more importantly can someone tell me why height is even a requirement?
May 6, 2016 8:41 PM

Sep 2013
Here we go with this clusterfuck of "Is it suppose to be Comedy or Mystery/Sci-Fi?" Anime.

5 Episodes in and so far this, to me, is a Comedy. Lets see if Episode 6 keeps that trend going.

TehSnawnMay 6, 2016 8:44 PM

May 6, 2016 8:45 PM
Oct 2011
Damn , this series is getting interesting!
4/5 , -1 for fking cliffhangar
May 6, 2016 8:46 PM

Feb 2016
Okay, these monsters are looking really disturbing. I'm cringing while watching this. Was that a silicon nipple or something? The graphics are so e_e ewwwwwwww

I thought the flashbacks were a lot and were just dumped on my head. The flashbacks were pretty dull and forced imo. Some backstories were kinda funny though lol

That fucking tit though what the hell e_e. The animation went from cute to dafuq real quick. The randomness in this episode was real. It looks like someone let the animators go wild.

3/5 for me.
May 6, 2016 8:47 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Man, this is so silly.
that boob monster and Thomas the rape train were fucking priceless.
besides dem cgi monsters or something, it was a good enough episode.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 6, 2016 8:55 PM

Jan 2016
that bee monster looks like a dank character-action game boss
May 6, 2016 8:57 PM

May 2015
An interesting episode for me.
Some flashback is good, but the others are bad, especially with Jugoku flashback.
Really an oppai crab!?

4/5 for this episode
May 6, 2016 9:04 PM

Oct 2015
Seriously, that piitan couple should be killed off, they annoy me.
But poor trains guy, he was my favorite character, next was Lion girl.
And I knew that M girl (whatever her name was) was sketchy af.

Nice job on the FNaF level scariness, really spooked, on a scale from FNaF(0) to No More Anime Existing Ever Again(420)

Tbh I hope they all die and end the last episode with "Wake Me Up Inside"

But actually, I love how they think Mana girl is a ghost, when she could have just ran away or travel or hid or something (tbh I almost fell asleep at that part, so Idk anything other than ghost)
TyrelMay 6, 2016 9:09 PM
ur mum gay lol
Soundcloud - Lunar Aura
May 6, 2016 9:09 PM

Feb 2015
I'm so conflicted between hating this and loving it.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

412 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 23, 4:17 PM

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

394 by Yugesai »»
Jan 9, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

469 by Ratris_Decision »»
Nov 25, 2023 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.